The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 19th, 2020, 09:46 AM

Old February 19th, 2020, 02:19 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Sort of gloomy and the rain comes later. Eh, I'm over it. Spring is in a month.

Work was slow today. Not sure what the problem was, unless it was the workers instructed to throw out the anchor. I don't care. It gave me more time to read about Elvis on Wikipedia.

Okay that didn't work.

Ran more errands after work. Now I'm in for the evening and going to start up the stove. I'm really digging how the wet firewood burns so easily. The secret must be to soak everything in creosote.

Time for a bite to eat. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Not sure why everything was underlined. Sort of looks a little determined.

Last edited by slantflat; February 19th, 2020 at 02:25 PM.
Old February 19th, 2020, 02:30 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
That's a fine looking piece of equipment right there, Dan.
Old February 19th, 2020, 02:37 PM
Running On Empty

I'm going to work (Volunteer for) the 2020 RBC Heritage this year as a Shotlink Laser Operator.
Old February 19th, 2020, 10:14 PM

That's a fine looking piece of equipment right there, Dan.
And that's just to clear a path to the mailbox!
Shotlink Laser Operator.
I had to look that one up. Interesting.
Old February 20th, 2020, 03:10 AM

More frigg'in rain

Snow [southern not norther real snow] predicted fer the mountains. Going norte this weekend is still up i the air

Molly [ my uncle's Golden Retrieve][ crossed over rainbow bridge. He's falling to pieces

Norm, I only volunteered once, I volunteered to hand out uniforms [shirts and vest ] to volunteers at the Amex Tournament. Got it out of the way in 1 day and watched Tiger the rest of the days

Mike, Your probably building up crap in your chimney. Get on top of the house and tie a rope to a goose [or cat] and run it up and down your chimney. Or call a chimney sweep Ya don't want to have a chimney fire

Have a great day Olds friends
Old February 20th, 2020, 04:23 AM

James, sorry to hear of the loss of Molly, sure must be tough on uncle. I hope all goes as well as it can for him.
-- Mike, I worked at a electric utility here in Michigan. I know that they had a separate dumpster for all the old poles. I put some regular OSB type material in the dumpster and was told to remove it. Come to find out the pole dumpster was only for old poles because they had creosote in them and were considered a hazardous waste. I worked it another area-(not a lineman). I talked to one of the lineman and explained how I didn't know about the old poles and how years back I had split up a old pole and used it for fire starter and how well it burned. He looked at me with a incredulous expression and told me to never due that. The smoke coming off it is dangerous. I dunno but I would check it out before burning it.
Old February 20th, 2020, 12:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Jamesbo I'm so sorry for your uncle. He will be lost without Molly and I feel bad.

Greg you really think that stuff is dangerous after all these years of laying on the ground? Okay I won't tell you I also burn treated wood as well. I don't get any of the smoke in the house, it all wafts next door to the neighbors I don't like.

Rain and cold. Someone come over and hypnotize me into liking it. Supposed to be nice this weekend. Sure, I fell for that last time.

Gonna stay in and probably just start up the stove. There's nothing I need to do outside. I still have some railroad tie left so things will get going pretty well. Greg don't read that last part.

Have a good afternoon everyone.

Old February 20th, 2020, 02:36 PM

Well, The rain is spose to stop tomorrow [ and then start back]

We're gonna try to set sum makers early while the black ice thaws out

Then Hopefully head norte

I realy need to get up there and check on my uncle
Old February 20th, 2020, 08:45 PM

Jamesbo, I hope that your uncle can cope with losing his retriever, it's never easy losing a pet. Mike: info on the hazards on burning railroad ties, in short, don't. https://www.hunker.com/13405931/what...-railroad-ties
Old February 21st, 2020, 02:53 AM

Old February 21st, 2020, 12:32 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Yay the sun is out! It's cold but the sun helps immensely.

You guys are right, that creosote is nasty $hit. Okay I won't burn it anymore. It used to be used in dentistry. Yikes.

Got out of work extra early today. Was at the Awful house by noon. Sat and talked for a couple hours. Gotta make this weekend count since last weekend was a washout.

Hope everyone is doing okay. Jamesbo how's your uncle?

Old February 21st, 2020, 06:26 PM

Exclamation

[QUOTE=slantflat;1228487]Hi everyone.

Jamesbo I'm so sorry for your uncle. He will be lost without Molly and I feel bad.

Greg you really think that stuff is dangerous after all these years of laying on the ground? Okay I won't tell you I also burn treated wood as well. I don't get any of the smoke in the house, it all wafts next door to the neighbors I don't like.

Rain and cold. Someone come over and hypnotize me into liking it. Supposed to be nice this weekend. Sure, I fell for that last time.

Gonna stay in and probably just start up the stove. There's nothing I need to do outside. I still have some railroad tie left so things will get going pretty well. Greg don't read that last part.

Have a good afternoon everyone.[/QUOT

Last edited by otto72; February 21st, 2020 at 06:31 PM.
Old February 22nd, 2020, 06:09 AM

Hello all! Otto, I'm don't know if it is dangerous but just what I was told... I would check it out though....
-- Today we're having a big birthday party for my wife, looks like about 25-40 people and maybe 12 close friends and family spending the night. Will be people on the floor with air mattresses. Should be a good time but I sort of dread these type things- lots of work. First the party at 2 o'clock -25-40 people, then dinner for 14 then beds/etc for 14 people then breakfast, for 14 people. I can't remember the last time we stayed at someone else's house overnight, but we do it all the time... Will be nice when it is all over....
--Got top back on the truck- went well. Have a good one guys!!
Old February 22nd, 2020, 07:44 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Sun is bright, but it's cold as a mother. I think I'll put on my big boy pants and do something outside. I realized at the gas station this morning that it's time to change the oil in the dogmobile. Sounds like a good project for the day.

Greg sounds like a big time. I always thought big parties were fun. Don't know if I'd have the energy to put one on.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. See ya's later.

Old February 22nd, 2020, 08:46 AM

Greg, My grandfather used to say "Always marry and orphan" [ No family] I wished i had listened
Old February 22nd, 2020, 09:07 AM
Running On Empty

Greg - I have 57 first cousins on my Mom's side of the family (she was one of fourteen children in her family). Your adventure sounds like a normal weekend whenever we'd celebrate someone's birthday, Easter, Christmas or whatever. Great camaraderie & fun. Enjoy.

It's been very cold (32°F) for several days with unrelenting winds of 35mph - 40mph, gusting to 50mph as this recent front moved through the area. It's finally moved through the area and temperatures are returning to near normal (~55°F). Still a little windy but they're supposed to subside over the next several hours back down to ~2mph - 6mph. Tee time tomorrow @ 11:24am.

While playing golf last Tuesday the strangest thing happened. I pulled my relatively new Cleveland CBX 56°/12 wedge iron from my bag as I was walking to my ball for my approach shot. The club fell out of my hand, landed between my legs as I was walking, caused me to trip over the club where I caught my fall but broke my club directly in half as it wedged between my legs while walking/falling. Really, really odd. One of the guys who works in our pro shop does things like change grips, install new shafts, new heads, etc. So, he replaced the shaft for me and the club is ready. I shared my mishap w/ our Pro and he said I was fortunate. To which I chagrined when he explained this has happened to golfers with worse experiences i.e. where the club breaks into two pieces and one end becomes lodged into a person's thigh, calf, arm, etc. Well, I'll tell you what - seeing the sharp ends of the stainless steel where the club broke into two painted a gory picture of a metal rod protruding into my thigh. He said he's heard of golfers leaning with their full body weight on a club, the club broke into two pieces and one of the broken ends became lodge in a guys thigh/hip. Ouch. This is a dangerous sport!
Old February 22nd, 2020, 09:29 AM

Here ya go Mike, Makes your whole house [maybe neighborhood] smell like fried chciekn

Norm a few years ago a kid broke and iron while swinging into a tree. IThe broken shaft came back an impaled him and he perished. They said "He should not have pulled it out"
Old February 22nd, 2020, 05:30 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo that would make Tiger go mad. Fun idea, though. My Mom had a bunch of spices and whatnot here that she used to use. She hasn't been to my house in about 10 years. So I got rid of most of the stuff but I kept the leafy ones and burn them in the stove. I put them in coffee filters. Most of them smell like pot when they burn.

Fiddled around with the 57 Chevy today. Didn't get anything done. The left rear drum is fused together with the hub, and any amount of pounding and penetrant wouldn't do squat. I gotta go find a drum puller. Then I turned my attention to the brake line fitting that's stuck in the distribution block on the rear axle. I cut the line off and used a socket, no joy, the B nut was rounded from some Neanderthal (likely me) chewing on it with a plyers. I'll use a vise grip on it some other time. So for today car 2, Mike 0.

Was beautiful here today, and almost seemed warm. Got a good fire going this evening and it's toasty warm in the house. Tomorrow isn't supposed to be quite as warm, and cloudy, and then rain Monday. People in the desert wish for rain. I guess the grass is always greener.... or some such thing.

We're gonna settle in with Seinfeld reruns this evening. See you all tomorrow. Good night everyone.

Old February 23rd, 2020, 04:58 AM

Well, My weekend in the mountains was cut short. I got 4 calls in my car on the way up
So I left Red Dog with my uncle and the Super model went up as I came home to tend to business

As far as I know I got everything taken care of yesterday, I need to go hit sum ***** cuase it looks like more Monday rain tomorrow

edit, Just ta show y'all kids that the 60's had other grreat things besides hot cars
Old February 23rd, 2020, 03:16 PM

Party was good, but i am glad it's over....
Old February 23rd, 2020, 03:19 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

What a nice day. It's cooling off now and cloudy, probably rain before bedtime. Was busy all day, didn't get a lot done but I was busy.

Damn Jamesbo, I'm gonna keep track of that video. You know Red Dog is now a therapy dog. You can take him anywhere you want. By the way, I found out the staff at the Awful house are not allowed to ask if a dog(or whatever) is a service dog if you bring one in.

Hope your uncle is doing okay. Hope he gives Red back.

So this guy I used to work with has turned up missing. Good family man, great mechanic, found his truck in Florida and his credit cards had been used, I assume not by him. Hasn't been seen or heard from in over a week. Not looking good.

Ready for another week of work. I get these damn stitches out of my back tomorrow, they've been there for three weeks. Had a mole/something taken off. Not something I'd volunteer for, but the doctor thought it was important. He's the expert.

Okay hope the weekend went well for everyone. From what I saw there's only going to be rain Monday. But chilly the rest of the week. Have a good night everyone.

Old February 23rd, 2020, 05:03 PM
Running On Empty

I knew I had seen this same girl before. It's the same band (McCoys - Hang On Sloopy), but different music and same knockers. (MaCoys spelled incorrectly of course...where's the Internet police when you need them I ask?)

Last edited by Vintage Chief; February 23rd, 2020 at 05:14 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2020, 05:11 PM
Running On Empty

Here's the old hag (Liz Brewer) complaining another gal's dress standards are demeaning..."what we've been trying to fight for". Yeah right.

Old February 24th, 2020, 04:36 AM

Norm I never have understood "Ovarain logic"

But I'm fairly certain I liked Liz better in her unbridaled youth

Drizzle, Try to remember the last Monday when the weather allowed me to smack whitey

Old February 24th, 2020, 05:08 AM
Running On Empty

James - I played yesterday & I had a miserable time playing the back nine. I probably could perform better if I internalized some of the things which really irritate me when I play w/ players who are oblivious to others they are playing with. I mean seriously, if I'm still 100 yards out and you're 25' off the green and I'm setting up my shot do you really need to begin putting off the green while I'm setting up? And, then - why is it they believe they're entitled to finish a putt 6' from the pin when others are still out 10'-15'? I'm all about ready golf and play ready golf, but some things just rattle my cage when I play w/ others who appear clueless.
Old February 24th, 2020, 05:53 AM

Norm, As most of ya'll know, When I'm having a bad day I jes watch the chimp/seal joke on You tube a few times. On the course, I just stop worrying about golf [and other players] and focus on the big beautiful Orb we live on It helps me relieve any stress

It's jes a game. I assume you saw Mr D pi$$ away a few mil yesterday
Old February 24th, 2020, 06:50 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
On the course, I just stop worrying about...any other players and focus on the big beautiful Orb we live on It helps me relieve any stress. It's jes a game.
I agree w/ you, James. I should stop worrying about the other players as much as I do. Good advice. Unless I'm in a tournament.

Yes, I did see some large money get pissed away. I was more upset w/ the individual who took that money from him.
Old February 24th, 2020, 11:04 AM

Norm, I don't care for either one of them. Mr. D made an a$$ out of himself yesterday[ IMHO]

and Reed should be run out of town
Old February 24th, 2020, 02:16 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Slow start to the week. The lead wasn't there so guess what. Everyone took extended breaks and lollygagged around all day. We were still 5 wheels short at 230, so some people stayed over. Now, it's been proven that we can do 132 wheels before lunch, so today was shear laziness. But hey, I don't sign anyone's paycheck.

Went to get those stitches out after work. Took about one minute. Everything looked good and that's that. I'm so happy. Those suckers itched something fierce. Also, my doctor prescribed some fancy version of vitamin D and the other day when I went to have it refilled they shorted me four of my eight pieces. So I went there after the skin place and not only did they give me the four I was short, they refunded me what it cost to begin with. A whopping 2 dollars and something. I thought that was nice. So now that their drug costs have gone up because of this if you have a prescription filled at Walmart and you think it's $2 more than it should be, let me know I'll send it to you.

And of course more rain. Off and on the rest of the week. I don't need it to be nice for golf, I need it to be nice for my sanity.

We're having another audit tomorrow so we're going in early to clean up a little and get a jump start on things. That's fine. Hope the lead is back. The fat a$$hole that talks in his place makes my ears bleed.

Have a good afternoon everyone. Time to get the stove started up.

Old February 25th, 2020, 06:48 AM

Well, I went from buying 1 pro Gator to 7

Not really, A friend of mine's boss in the mountains wants 6. That would be fine if he'd calm down and understand he ain't getting them until the new ones are delivered and go through a week of 'Shakedown:"

Nothing difficult is ever easy

Old February 25th, 2020, 07:00 AM
Running On Empty

You have a friend who is going to purchase six of the ProGator's like the one you're purchasing? Wow.
Old February 25th, 2020, 07:07 AM

Yep, I have no idear WTF he wants them for. I just know he better send me a check because they're all on my account

To tell the truth, it really got out of hand, I offered ONE to a guy that helps me out, he told his son [which was fine] and the next thing I know, everyone in the mountains wants one. I'm lucky Donny [ my friends at the club] has the patience of Jobe and can tell these guys " I'm busy right now take them or leave them" [ He doesn't want to be [or have time] to be in charge of a used Gator sales lot
Old February 25th, 2020, 02:48 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

What a nice day we walked out to this afternoon. I'm cautiously optimistic that it will be nice the rest of the week. Not going to count on it but I'd take it.

Another slow day at the mill. We did finish, by the skin of our teeth. The lead was back but he didn't seem fussed about it. He'll be on vacation all next week. I might all of a sudden get the 40-hour flu.

So I've been watching the Liz Brewer video over and over. It just makes me happy. So I can get this straight, you guys are saying in the talk show video that's Liz Brewer sitting next to Sue Ellen Mishke, and is against the wearing of bra's as tops. Hm. I have to agree with Jamesbo.

Tiger and I went to mail some bills and then get my ears lowered. A successful afternoon. Now to wind down and get ready for work tomorrow. Eye appointment tomorrow after work.

Have a good evening everyone.

Old February 25th, 2020, 03:10 PM
Running On Empty

Hmmmmmmmm, Mike. That's not Sue Ellen Mishke. It's Emily O'Connor. Half the plane's passengers would probably have preferred to sit w/ Sue Ellen Mishke if this were here. Alas, it is not Sue Ellen Mishke.

Old February 25th, 2020, 03:26 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - Ah Ha. I just realized you were making a joke (I think), from that Seinfeld episode when Sue Ellen (Brenda Strong) wore that bra.
Old February 25th, 2020, 03:35 PM
Always room for one more

Oh Norm, I know that isn't Sue Ellen Mishke. I was just being a wise guy. "Sue Ellen, that isn't a top, it's a bra." "I know, thanks again."

I find it a bit ironic that the same woman who was sitting there saying this chick shouldn't have been on the plane in a bra, is the same woman who was dancing around without one. How times change.

edit: yup I was making a joke. Actually I was watching Sue Ellen clips on youtube in the middle of posting, that's why I didn't get this posted before you. I've seen Brenda Strong in any number of serious roles, but I will forever more always think Sue Ellen Mischke when I see her.

Last edited by slantflat; February 25th, 2020 at 03:37 PM.
Old February 26th, 2020, 02:58 AM

Not being a Seinfeld watcher, I had no idear WTH y'all were talking about. Thanks youtube for the early mawn'in laugh
Old February 26th, 2020, 04:21 AM

I think I have seen all the Seinfield episodes but I don't remember either of those 2...
--Norm I may be beating a dead horse on this, but I've been over working in the barn every day this week, so I have been paying attention to my radio problem with reception. I can't do the tee type antenna as you showed because it's just a single wire that comes out of it as a antenna. Anyway Monday after readjusting the dial maybe 5-6 times throughout the day, I adjusted it for the best signal and turned it off and left for the night. Tuesday morning I turned on radio and of course the station barely came in- All static and sound like crap. Had to readjust a ways to get back in clearly. Then of course readjusted about every 1/2 hour that day. I'm thinking it is simply a cheap radio and somehow as it warms up the tuner changes?? Anyway it is quite irritating. I should just go buy another but grandson gave it to me for Christmas and I know he will notice if I change it....
-- Things are going well with truck. I am learning a lot, got "new" roof on and now to point of getting dash ready for primer.

Old February 26th, 2020, 08:52 AM

Greg, as you are in a metal building, I am thinking that you need an outside antenna, something above the roof.