The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 26th, 2013, 11:37 AM

Morning all, days have been good for the last week, no rain and mild temps around 15 degs.

Hope you can kick those champix real soon Jamesbo. I was lucky enough to be able to stop cold turkey around 12 months ago. I tried with those patches you can get and boy howdy did they give me some interesting dreams too, so I went cold and was able to stop luckily.

Good news about the ac in Teepo Sandy, now you can prepare yourself for when winter comes by cranking it everywhere you go

If an interviewer left half way through I wouldn't be too keen to start for that company wither Darrell. Can you imagine the training you would get

No rest for the wicked, time for work again. Have a wonderful day olds friends,

Adrian
Old July 26th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Cutlass Lover

Beautiful maters, there Jamesbo!!!! I have big green ones, but they haven't turned yet. I haven't been out back to the garden for a couple days. Soooo wet back there! Maybe I'll go out when I get home from work. I should have some cherry maters ready to pick. I eat them as fast as I pick them, lol!

Clay is leaving early today, at 4:00. Brian has a shitload of drama going on with some of his orders...... he's been on the phone since 1:00 about an order, calling here and calling there, and I have to listen to the story over and over and over and over..... my God! Arrrgggghhhh! He thrives on this drama crap.

John.... enjoy your cruise tonight! Beautiful day here - around 76 with sun and blue skies and no humidity! This is like a perfect day for me, weather wise.
Old July 26th, 2013, 07:36 PM
GM Enthusiast

[QUOTE=cutlassgal;572108]Morning All!
So Darrell.... are you like a doctor or something? You have medical training? Just wondering since you said 'assist' in procedures, lol.
QUOTE]

Sandy - no, I'm not a doctor, I only play one on tv, lol. Actually, I have been in pharmaceuctical/medical device sales the past 13 years. For my job, I have taken several medical courses on anatomy and physiology, clinical pharmacology, among others, etc. They were paying for me to go to school so why not?

The device job would require me to be in on orthopedic surgeries where I would be a consultant/observer on the application of the companies' products. The guy I interviewed with yesterday was supposed to call me today to continue our meeting but blew me off. No call or text message canceling it etc. just left me hanging.

I wish I could say it is an isolated incident, but this has been the pattern of most of the interviews I have been on. It used to be that you would receive a phone call or email stating we received your application, but not anymore. If you had an interiview, and were not moving forward in the process, you would receive some sort of acknowledgement. Now, you hear nothing. I had another interview where I was asked to drive in and meet the interviewer around 12pm. They offered me no lunch, no payment of tolls or gas (tolls were $21 and it was a 170 mile round trip drive). In the past, they would have taken care of it. Overall, you are no longer treated like you are important, (the way they used to treat us when they were recruiting us and considered to be valued) really sad.

This is why I am happy to go out on my own and try to make it my way. After 5 layoffs in the last 7 years + a year of unemployment, I've had enough.
Old July 26th, 2013, 08:33 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

Cooled off even more today, but I'm not complaining.

Darrell, sorry to hear about the interviews. Sounds like you have a good plan though.

I didn't hear any official number of cars for the Syracuse Nationals, but I think I heard someone say that pre-registration was up from last year. Have you ever been to the show? Maybe I'll see you there some year.

The strangest interview I had was an un-scheduled phone call on a Sunday morning

Sandy, good to hear that Teepo can keep you cool now.

John, the Cutlass is painted Kona Blue from 2010-12 Mustangs (this was done long before I ever considered owning a Mustang and mine is not Kona being a 2013).

Clint, the job is going well. I'm still in the same job I've been at since the fall and enjoying it.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old July 27th, 2013, 05:05 AM

Morning all; off to a small car show in Hart, Mi. it will be overcast all day and cool...in the upper 60's. Not supposed to rain until this evening, we'll see how that goes.
Old July 27th, 2013, 05:21 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda over cast an muggy dis mawn’in

Mike, Every since you answered Joe’s question in de “Triva “ section, I’ve been think’in ‘bout cloning a Olds “Corvair. Last night I dreamed I found a 59 Corvair.

In my dream, I was out on de town wit my very first girlfriend and she wanted a Vodka martini, I didn’t want any thing to drink [Jes shows ya how crazy dreams can be] but I was holing one and de glass broke, De gave me anutter one in a tumbler instead of martini glass and see started guzzeling it down.

Editors note [John, Dis is/was de girl who went to nursing school @ Charity in de Big Easy]

Wept, Now dat, I’m awake I gotta face de music and get my a$$ in gear.

Enjoy your weekend Olds friends.
Old July 27th, 2013, 07:22 AM
Captain Starfire

Muggy weekend in da' swamp

Awoke to rain and da' muggies dis mawnin'. Didn't get to take our walk in the park, as we usually do on Sat. mornings.

Jamesbo, sure wish I could see some videos of those dreams! Hang in there, hombre. We're your cheering section down here.

Darrell, I sure feel your pain. You hit the nail on the head when you said you're just not treated as if you're important anymore. It's a jungle out there. Unless you're one of a handful of professionals that are truly in demand, nobody raises an eyebrow at your skills, experience, or plight.

But we're all pulling for you w/ your new venture. After all, nothing ventured, nothing gained! I went freelance in my career in '93 and although I didn't get rich doing it, it was the 11 best years of my life to date. Took a "real" job again in '04 just 'cause it was too good to pass up and the job was less than a mile from my house. (What a stark contrast to my plight today .)

Just as an aside, those tolls are a bitter pill to swallow, with the price of gas and everything else. One good thing about down here in the crotch of the nation is that "Toll Roads" are virtually unheard of. We do have a couple toll bridges; but the cost is practically negligible, even if it's part of your daily commute. I've never understood why you need toll roads when the tax on gasoline is supposedly used for highways. Where does the taxation ever end? It doesn't! (Oops... possibly a hint of politics....) We used to get on a toll road or two driving up to N. Mich; but it was always an optional route.

Went to the Covington Block Party yesterday (about 20 mi. E. of Ponchatoula) and it was very nice -- albeit HOT . Sure glad I wore a T-short & shorts. We stayed out of the sun for the most part; went and ate, then came back around 7:30 and sat around the car B-S-ing with folks and trying to find a breath of air, which was in short supply. Did I say it was HOT??

Anyhoots, I wanted to take more pictures, but only managed to snap a few (including the better half in a couple).
What a sweet T-Bird that was....

Y'all have a great weekend, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 27th, 2013 at 07:59 AM.
Old July 27th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Just an Olds Guy

John, the car looks amazing in those pics!
Old July 27th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Captain Starfire

Thanks, Allan

I appreciate it! It got a lot of thumbs-up. We drove home at night with the top down to get some much-needed air (440+ A/C). (Sure was fun to see those cornering lamps actually working for a change .)

That was quite a nice Mercedes next to me, too. It was a '77 450 SL w/ 50k miles. Real sweet. Last month, the same guy had a '66 Toro that looked a little long in the tooth. He had some sheet metal crumpling on the front end; but he planned on having it fixed.

I'm not ruling out having one of those eventually. We'll have to see if the GS comes to pass.... Problem is, I'm WAY picky on the GS. I know exactly what I want, and it might be a little too much to justify to the finance manager .

Anyway, it'll be a year or two before I'm ready to even **** the gun; so I have time to dream about it... which just might be the most fun part.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 27th, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old July 28th, 2013, 07:26 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice today

Well my Garden & Gun magazine came yesterday. I like it alot and jes love to dead head my roses with a 12 guage.

Anywho, John It's says sum place named Jeans in de Big Easy has de best Poboys, Never heared of it have you?

Speak'in of toll roads. De Alpharetta Autobaun [Ga 400] is a toll road dat was spose to stop when it was paid fer. Guess what it didn't stop. So dis guy who owns a limo service racks up a couple hundred grand in fines and say, "De can't charge me, The promised it would stop being a toll road when it was paid fer and de didn't" Guess what ? De are gonna removed the tool any day now.

Cleaned out storage shed yesterday and tripped carry sum of de Super model's $hit and landed on de concret floor. Caught myself with my left hand and knee. Golf aint look'in so good fer tomorrow.
Old July 28th, 2013, 09:07 AM
NOVICE car nut

Nice ! That's what I'm going to be looking at from my garden soon .... Lots of tomatoes ! I'm going to need some additional ideas or recipes I think .
Old July 28th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Captain Starfire

Hot & Sunny in da swamp. No rain predicted, but they said that Friday and we caught a few drops driving home w/ top down Fri. evening.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Anywho, John It's says sum place named Jeans in de Big Easy has de best Poboys, Never heared of it have you?
Speak'in of toll roads. De Alpharetta Autobaun [Ga 400] is a toll road dat was spose to stop when it was paid fer. Guess what it didn't stop.
If it's Gene's, I've heard of it, Jamesbo, but never eaten there. It's a relative newcomer to the scene, although there's been a greasy spoon there as long as I'm alive. When I was a kid, the establishment was called something like The Palace. Actually, it's not too far from where I grew up; w/in bike-riding distance, fer sure.

If that's the place to which you refer, you can see it listed here. (In fact, if you click the little map, the larger map encompasses the land of my nativity .)

But it has been getting rave reviews. The Marigny (as they call that neighborhood now) is hot property; all the artsy folk live and hang out there. One day before I leave my job, I'll give Gene's a shot. I work straight down at the other (Lake Pontchartrain) end of Elysian Fields Ave. (Gene's is 10 blocks from the river.)

Sorry to hear of your little fall, hombre. Maybe by the morning, the thought of whacking whitey will make the pain subside.

Y'all enjoy the rest of yer Sunday, Oldsmobuddies.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 28th, 2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old July 28th, 2013, 09:34 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Afternoon Oldsmopeople!

Jamesbo that does sound like fun, deadheading the roses with the 12 ga that is You gotta be mo careful my friend, those storage sheds can be a bear to trod around in

Sandy those Elberta peaches ought to be about ready, I'll check on them tomorrow and let you know.

Dan did you snap any pics at the car show?

Whelp off to da hardware sto, I am making a few trophies for the RWYB nostalgia drags and car show and need a few supplies. Have a wondermous day Oldsfriends!
Old July 28th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Cleaned out storage shed yesterday and tripped carry sum of de Super model's $hit and landed on de concret floor. Caught myself with my left hand and knee. Golf aint look'in so good fer tomorrow.
Jim - I'm sorry to hear about the fall and 'landing'. Even if you don't go whack whitey tomorrow, here's something I hope brings a smile to you....

The Pope met with his Cardinals to discuss a proposal from Benjamin Netanyahu, the leader of Israel. "Your Holiness", said one of his Cardinals, "Mr. Netanyahu wants to challenge you to a game of golf to show the friendship and ecumenical spirit shared by the Jewish and Catholic faiths."

The Pope thought this was a good idea, but he had never held a golf club in his hand. "Don't we have a Cardinal to represent me?" he asked. "None that plays very well," a Cardinal replied. "But, there's a man named Jack Nicklaus, an American golfer who is a devout Catholic. We can offer to make him a Cardinal. Then ask him to play Mr. Netanyahu as your personal representative. In addition, to showing our spirit of cooperation, we'll also win the match." Everyone agreed it was a good idea. The call was made.

Of course, Nicklaus was honored and agreed to play. The day after the match, Nicklaus reported to the Vatican to inform the Pope of the result. "I have some good news and some bad news, your Holiness,” said Nicklaus. "Tell me the good news first, Cardinal Nicklaus," said the Pope.

"Well, your Holiness, I don't like to brag, but even though I've played some pretty terrific rounds of golf in my life, this was the best I have ever played, by far. I must have been inspired from above. My drives were long and true, my irons were accurate and purposeful, and my putting was perfect. With all due respect, my play was truly miraculous."

"There's bad news?" asked the Pope. "Yes, I lost by three strokes to Rabbi Tiger Woods."

Bryan - nice to see you again. BTW, you can blanche and freeze tomatoes for use later in soups and sauces if you have a freezer with some room. Tomatoes are a healthy fruit most folks take for granted or don't care for. Strange.
Old July 28th, 2013, 12:00 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by Allan R
Bryan - nice to see you again. BTW, you can blanche and freeze tomatoes for use later in soups and sauces if you have a freezer with some room. Tomatoes are a healthy fruit most folks take for granted or don't care for. Strange.
Hi , nice to see you all again . I will have to blanche & freeze some of them for sure this year . I will of course give some of them away too . If anything I will cut some of them up , salt & pepper them , and eat them the way they are .

I went camping with my family , and decided to not use sunscreen one of the days we were in the water for a while .... I got burned up pretty good , and now my back wont stop itching . My kids have these back scratchers that I'm now putting to good use .

I have not been doing anything on the car , because I'm to a point that I can't afford to go any further ..... as far as the Buick goes , someone must of beat the crap out of it before I owned it . I had to replace both tranny mounts on the car , because they were literally broken in half . There wasn't much holding the engine/tranny up on that end . I also tried to replace the rear shocks , but I could not get a socket on the center bolt on top I think I have had to center it somehow in order for that to happen . I ran out of time before we had to leave for camping , so I just left it the way it was . She was riding a bit low in the back after we stuffed everything into it , but we made it there and back .

edit ..... I will most likely be selling the 455 in my moms garage . I hate to do it , but I doubt I will be able to use it in the near future anyhow . I can always get another one some day when the bucket of money falls on my head ..... right ?

Last edited by oldsguybry; July 28th, 2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old July 28th, 2013, 12:10 PM

Dan did you snap any pics at the car show?
yep, over in the General Discussions. Odd, yesterday was supposed to be the better of the weekend, overcast, but no rain until the pm, while today was forecast to rain all day, well, it spit rain most of yesterday at the car show, tolerable but not bad...and today? beautiful and sunny, though a little cool for late July.
Old July 28th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yup, sunburn can really do a number on the itch factor. Sometimes that just happens even when intentions are good to put the sunscreen on.

So the clunking you were describing on the Buick before? Sounds like it was those mounts all along. Don't worry about the 72. It will still be there when you have some time and money to work on it. You're still young so focus on your family while they are young. Doesn't take long before they are full grown and will fly the coop so to speak. And, there will always be another 455. For now it's money you can use elsewhere.

What was the problem with the center bolt? Was it that dished retainer on top? Just use a deeper 6 point socket - it'll pop loose especially if you have a 2 ft breaker bar. Riding low on the back could be more than shocks, - it could also be weak rear springs. Does that car have the air lift shocks?
Old July 28th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone! Got back just a little while ago. Had a great time at the Amphi shindig. Already planning next year's.

Man it sucks not having a car at a car show. I was able to get plenty of rides and even got some seat time in an Amphi out on the lake. Beautiful weather the whole time.

We always get into the parade for the Lake Festival and I saw a 70 442 the same color as my car from a distance. I couldn't catch up with it at the time, and I looked for it the rest of the weekend, but I didn't see it again. I wanted to talk to the guy to see what he had to say about that color.

Didn't get to catch up with Sandy, but that's okay, we'll get there. Long, long ride from Ohio to Atlanta. Notice I didn't say it was comfortable, either.

I can tell you this much, four nights in a hotel bed makes a guy borderline crippled. I'll be glad to sleep in my own bed tonight. And without any help I should be able to sleep all night. I'll pick them up in the morning.

I'll catch up later but now I think I'll find a snack and settle in for the evening. Hope everyone had a good week and weekend.
Old July 28th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Welcome home Mike! Glad you had a good time at the event! I know what you mean about hotel beds.
Old July 28th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

We had sun and clouds here today, temps in the low 70's. Had rain pretty much all day yesterday. Just what we needed. It was muggy as heck too. I turned back on the AC in here. No humidity today. Windows are open again.

I spent the day yesterday cleaning and doing laundry. Took the floor mats out of Tincanio and washed them. Swept out the breezeway. Washed off Teepos tires so I can redress them, they got yucky in that rain last weekend.

Went up to Jeans this afternoon for her 75th birthday get together. Her birthday was last Thursday, but David decided to wait until today to have us all over. Took Nicole and Linda with me. It was fun. I picked a bunch of green beans from their garden. They have a lot of them. Now I have to get them frozen.

Mike.... sorry I missed you. Sounds like you had a good time anyway! I'm sure you're glad to be home.

Jamesbo.... I hope you're ok! David was telling me that Jean has fallen twice in the last few weeks. That's not good!! Said her arm and shoulder really hurt, and she has a big bruise on her thigh. Easy to break bones....

So I gotta tell you that I managed to irritate Brian one last time for the week on Friday afternoon, lol. The girl up in NY who does our supply ordering, ordered an ashtray for Brian last week. Of course he had to go online and order one of the best. She called Friday after lunch wondering if we got it because they got the bill. We hadn't got it when she called. It came in on FedEx around 2:30. Brian was all involved in his drama when it came. So around 3:45, I went out to Clays office, where the box was sitting, and I thought I'd open it since Brian didn't seem to have time, and I could make sure all the parts were there and call NY and tell them it was ok to pay the bill. Well let me tell you you would have thought I took his last Christmas present or something!!!!

He shouts out from our space " you're not opening the box, are you?" I said "yes, I wanted to make sure everything was here so I could tell NY, and you were involved on the phone." Then he says "well don't you think I should open it since its for me?" I said "I'll put it all back in the box Brian. I was only trying to help you." So then he comes walking out and says "no, dont do that" and he proceeds to put the huge thing together. What an ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Honest to God, I've never seen anyone so about themselves in my life!!!! Then he says " I cant believe no one cared enough to buy me an ashtray in all these years". What a baby.

I wanted soooooo bad to say "well you could have got yourself one years ago" but I bit my tongue. I was so mad when I got home. I've had my fill of him. I managed to annoy him last week by bringing in flowers, talking to the fire Marshall, and opening HIS friggin ashtray box. God I'm just a horrible person aren't I?? Its a wonder I'm even allowed to breathe in there. I'm sure that annoys him too..... I'm thinking I should apply at the new Speedway too...

So we forgot to go to work over the weekend and pick up the ashtray I made for him. Its sitting where this new one will go. I'm sure he'll have something to say. He asked me Friday if I was going to put it in my car and bring it home and I told him no, I'd have Larry get it in his truck. I cant even lift the thing, it has bricks and a ton of sand in it. What a Dick. Pardon me... I'm still mad... Oh yeah..... and he said that the cleaning girl should be the one to dump his ashtray! He cant, and doesn't even want to dump his own bucket of butts! What a wuss!!!

So Steve will get an ear full of how I irrirtated poor Bri Bri all week while he was gone, lol.

On that note, I'm going to get off here and look forward to going back in there tomorrow, lol. Have a good night all.
Old July 29th, 2013, 03:56 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Sandy, I hope you have a better week. Don't let him get to you. remember, misery enjoys company.

Mike, sounds like a good time. hope you got your full night of sleep.

Allan, I will get the speedo corrected eventually. I have a gear ratio adapter that was on it with the TH400, but it doesn't have deep enough collar nut to thread onto the speedo gear housing. And it is problably not the right calibration. I took her out and checked. The speedo shows 8MPH slow at 60MPH.

John, The car looks superb. And the otherhalf does look 'better' too. We once had a SL at the shop that was gray market, and it was a bear to find parts. IIRC we were looking for cams. That was before the internet, so it would probably be easier now.

Scot, do you have a teaser what the trophies are gonna look like? This weekend the Bug-in at our dragstrip got postponed due to rain. It's a huge VW day.

Had dinner over at Ma's last night. The 'rents aren't gettin any younger. Ma's having a had time with her knee. She isn't getting up stairs very well anymore, I can't tell if its her new knee or the old one thats giving her fits. It was a B-day dinner for the Triplets. everyone seemed to get along ok at least. May have had to do with Ma's Margaritas.

Jamesbo, if you were closer, I'd have saved you some.
Attachment 169354

I never cared for it much as a kid, but she has a real good gazpacho recipe.

85%RH right now and spose to be pretty rainy today. Have a great day all. have to go see if our sick chicken made it thru the night.

Have a great Monday all.
Old July 29th, 2013, 04:45 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be nice so I'm gonna TRY to play golf

Well y’all {I’m sure] remember the 442 drop top conk’in out wit de Super Model and her bro [de Porche wrencher] He kept tell’in me it was de stareter. But About a few weeks ago, I go in it and decide nutso, It aint’ de starter it’s de frigg’in battery.I know dat don’t explain why it conked out at a stop light.

Anywho, When I get my welfare check a few weeks back, I goes an get’s a new battery. Fires right up and put it in de covered garage wit a door. [dirty as all get out]

So yesterday, [between trying to kill myself fall’in] I drag de 442 out sweep de floor and rinse her off. Again Fires right up. After I dry her off, Hop in an nutt’in. So, I run the a/t through PRNDL the gears and still nutt’in. so I say’s $hit and go try to kill myself again fall’in over $hit.in de storage shed I come back turn de key and se fires right up.

So I sez, since it’s fix’in to come up a cloud, why not put de car up in de garage. So, I do jes dat. But and hour later come back, turn de key and nutt’in. Lights bright but no igniton. Run her thru de gears again PRNDL and she fires right up.

Scot, Allan, Clint [Sandy] Does dat sound like de neutral safety switch has gone T/U? Dis happened in my vista 2/3 years ago and never again. My Chassis manual is at de lake [of course] Dat wouldn’t cause de car to stall at a light As best I can figger out.

Got any idears?
Old July 29th, 2013, 04:46 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin Oldsmobilites

Copy/paste day ere in the making. Hey I guess it could be worse, like 100* and humid too

Clint I am making a few of the trophies and ordering the rest. The ones I am making are for best paint, long distance award, quickest reaction time and the hard luck award. I am not finished yet with either of them but I will be sure to snap some pics and post them here before we give them away.

Jamesbo what chant does he chantix have you doing today?

Mike sounds like good times for sure.

Sandy just tell him whar he can stick that ashtray

Dan I'll have to look again, I saw some that Pat posted yesterday.

Whelp Oldsfriends have a great Monday
Old July 29th, 2013, 04:49 AM
"Car"mudgeon

N/S switch needs adjusting Jamesbo or ignition switch going TU
Old July 29th, 2013, 04:53 AM
CQR

Yup. Where is your switch at? on the base of the column? Easy to test with a test light.
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:14 AM

Tanks buta,buta, buta, De n/s switch go'in TU would cuase it to stall at a light right? wrong?
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Captain Starfire

Not too bad considering it's end of July in the swamp. Was 73* at the Plantation, with nary a chance for Elsie today. S'pose to get up to around 93*.

Thanks, Clint. It's amazing what going part-time can do for one's outlook . I should've checked for bugs on the Olds yesterday (or Saturday); but was too lazy. I need to get back out in that garage tonite before they petrify -- although I don't think I caught many.

Glad you had a good trip, Mike. And hope you got to enjoy one last night of uninterrupted sleep.

How are the wounds, Jamebo? Are you taking it easy to day or whacking whitey? Hope you're doing a little better, anyhoots.

Sandy, sounds like more o'the same. Lepoard ain't gonna' change his spots. Also, I'm having to add a few new names to my Sandy Directory now.

It's back at the salt mine today. My boss has been extrememly absent for the last week. It will be interesting to see whether he makes a grand entrance today (kind of like in Seinfeld, Mike). He's been off on Fridays since the furlough shinola kicked in this month. Plus, he telecommutes 2 days a week anyway. So on a good week, he's only here 2 days a week. (Last week, it was zero.)

Y'all have a great Monday & week, Oldsmopeeps.

p.s. for Jamesbo: NSS fault can't kill the engine; just the starter.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 29th, 2013 at 08:12 AM.
Old July 29th, 2013, 05:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A cool 55 degrees here this morning. Like a September morning, with heavy dew all over the car windows and everything. Depressing. Supposed to get to around 72 today. I see rain chances this weekend.... there are shows both Saturday and Sunday that I planned on going to. We'll see. I'm sure we need more friggin rain!

All's quiet in here this morning. Steve is back. I came in right behind Brian this morning, so he didn't have time to fill Steve in on everything yet. I just don't have much to say to him. I try to be friendly and nice then he makes me mad, talking to me like I'm one of his kids or something. So I'm not going out of my way anymore. I did pick and bring in 3 beautiful lily's.... He might have a little 'Stepford Wife' at home that he controls, but he sure as hell doesn't have one here, lol.

Going to go home tonight and freeze the green beans. I hope they get some more that I can pick! I want to get some from the farmer's market, but Twinsburg's is on Thursday from like 3 - 6, and I need to get to Bellacino's on Thursday nights so I can't stop.

I hope Nicole hears from that lady at Speedway today. She's home now from her dog sitting job.

Well you all have a great Monday.
Old July 29th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Always room for one more

Ah good morning everyone.

What a good night's sleep. I went to bed about 1130 and woke up at 9. Nice looking day out, a little overcast but nice.

Sandy maybe you should unload on Brian one time. He'd forever more look at you like you're a nut but I'm guessing you won't have any more trouble out of him.

Jamesbo I think the two problems on the convertible are unrelated. When the bro in law said the motor "just stopped," did he also tell you it stalled because he was trying to do a brake torque move like he was in high school?

John the pictures are great. Tonight is the first time I can attend the Summit cruise in since May. It will be cool having a car I can show for a change. I doubt I win anything but it will be fun.

Clint how are the folks getting along? Does your Dad still live in his RV?

Well my neighbor just called and he wants to take me to breakfast, so I'll catch up with all you's later. I'm kidding we don't really say that. Have a good day everyone.
Old July 29th, 2013, 11:15 AM

Welp, De feeble ole goat shot 42/39 [I think I need to fall on my a$$ mo often.] I'm gonna order a new N/S switch and see what happens next

Naw, Dats' way too easy. Napa kid says, " Is it a column shift.?" Nope it's a consol shift but the n/s switch is on de column does dat help?

" No, sorry it say right cheer, for column shift only"

"Son, Where were you when Kennedy got shot?"

"Never mind"

I'm gonna take a nutter Chantex and cap de lady in walmart on de cell phone, I gotta be nice to NAPA kids. "No Problem"
Old July 29th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Welp, De feeble ole goat shot 42/39 [I think I need to fall on my a$$ mo often.]
81 is de best you can do with a bum back?? You still playing dem par 3 pitch n putz??

I need some new grips for my clubs. Thinking about half cords from BW. I cana get a box of em (100) for cheap. Only I don't need more than 7. Some clubs never come out of de bag and still look purty and new.

My favorite club is de ol #3 Remington Tee buster, followed closely by my S&W 7 Iron Maiden with Pachmayer grip, not to be outdone by de H&K Arch King Wedge or Glock S Turbo Performance Beach Wedge. My Colt Plain Eagle Putter needs a sight calibration right now, in fact purty much all of em needs to be re-scoped or field tested agin as dey are not up to 'par' at last shoot out.
Old July 29th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Always room for one more

You know what I just realized? I say, "no problem" to my neighbor all the time. He always asks me to do dumb stuff and says thanks and I say no problem. Maybe because his long winded gratuity includes things like, I know I'm a pain, you always bail me out, etc.

If I'm talking to a stranger and they say thank you, most of the time I say Yes Sir/Yes Ma'am. Looking at it in print it doesn't even make sense. Hm.

Jamesbo if you ever say thank you to me I'm going to ask when your last Chantix was first.
Old July 29th, 2013, 12:33 PM

Allan, Ya help me figger out WTF wrong wit de drop top, and I'll put new grips on all your clubs @no charge.

BTW WTF are you gonna do with 100 grips. Ya only allowed 13 clubs [plus a putter]
Old July 29th, 2013, 12:43 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Sandy check your PMs
Old July 29th, 2013, 01:52 PM

Morning all, overcast today by the looks of things.

I will be going to bed soon as I have just finished my last night shift and I am quite tired.

Sorry to hear about your fall Jamesbo, hope it isn't anything to bad.

Nice one there Allan

Glad to see you made it back nice and safe Mike.

It would be nice for Nicole to get that job, I'm sure she would like it too.

Have a good day/night peeps

Adrian
Old July 29th, 2013, 07:06 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hey everyone. Been a busy day today. Making some progress with work as some sales are coming in. Still very low, but it's a start.

Also, I got an offer in the mail to test drive a new 2013 Buick and get a $50 prepaid visa card. I figured, where could I make $50 in an hour, why not? So, I test drove a new Enclave, what a nice SUV but $45-50k, really? Anyway, my wife has always wanted one of those, and it got me thinking, I could trade in my truck, get the cash, lease the Enclave and pay for my summer. I could then use my wife's 300 (already paid for) for my job and also save a little on gas. The truck has a 32 gal tank and struggles to get more than 15mpg. I have something to think about tonight.

Allan - I hear ya about golf clubs. I really only use a few in my bag too, probably half of them never come out.

Jamesbro - nice shooting there Tex! I'd be happy with those numbers too. Hope to get out this Thursday. Being that I haven't played all year, I have no expectations.

Have a good evening everyone.
Old July 29th, 2013, 07:37 PM

Good Evening everyone.

Just stopping in to say Hi.
Old July 29th, 2013, 09:12 PM

De n/s switch go'in TU would cuase it to stall at a light right? wrong?
I have had two cars that had N/S switches go out, and it only affected the starting of the car, never causing them to quit.
Old July 30th, 2013, 03:51 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Darrell, Looks like the junk mail is doing its job. Don't encourage them!

The wife has a sick pullet. We separated her from the rest on Friday. She's been laying down ever since. We thought she had Blackhead, but now we think maybe she has lungworm. Can't believe she's still alive, but she sure has a strong will yet. When we took her out of the little cage and laid her in the grass she pecks at the grass. and she's not strong enough to stand up. None of the others seem to have an issue.

Adrian, hope you rest up before the day shifts start.

Mike I catch myself saying 'no problem' every once in a while, but it seems my word of choice is 'absolutely'

Nice game Jamesbo. Hope your feeling better.

Welp, ordered my yard sign yesterday. I'm sure the neighbor is gonna freak when he see's it sitting next to his home for sale sign. I don't think my wife is real excited about it. Hey, I don't want another douchenozzle buying the place and moving in. I say fair warning.

Sounds like some peaches are ready...

Have a great day all.
Old July 30th, 2013, 05:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be anutter nice one

Mike, Ere's a pic of Hart'sfield and dat Utter airline [dat's no longer wit us]

And now anutter episode of Real Wierdo dreams brought to you by Chantix

I'm in China go'in to de funeral of sum big shot who got booted outa office in 1977 and only returned to office fer 9 days before he passed. He was loved by de population. There are 500,000 people going to dis funeral but we [ me and sumbody] are afraid to get caught up in a crowd. Mainly cause dare aren't any port -o- lets in China. Well so we wait a day and go up to de grave and everyone [all 500,000 of dem] have gone home. All we see is a couple of Samari Swords stuck in de ground.

Gotta run down a N/S switch today. Are they different fer a columshift and a consol shift?