The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Cutlass Lover

Lol!!! Thanks Jamesbo. I don't know what's wrong with her, lol.....
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Work tonight. Getting ready to head out. Got some good sleep today, well up until noon when thunder just about brought the house down. That instantly earned me two additional dwellers in my bed. It's cleared up now, and the sun is out.

Sandy I don't know why I thought your car was blue. Glad it's all better now. Good for Nicole getting the vet's job. Maybe she can work at both it and the body shop part time.

Clint I didn't know Waukegan had an airport. Does he still work for the guy's company that died? If I remember you said the family was having some thoughts of selling out.

Jamesbo I gave up on those hose reels years ago. My Mom always had to have one, and they would never work right, they'd break easy, and I'd just curl the hose up on the ground next to the spigot. Well, since I can't think for myself when she's around that didn't last long and another POS hose reel would soon show up. Her favorite trick was to leave it out all winter without draining the water out of it.

Okay here I go. Hope everyone has a good evening. Friday tomorrow for the most of you.
Old August 8th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Nice calendar!
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:02 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan, Forget the calendar, Nice organization! I need to make another tire rack.

Mike, Yes, he is still working for that company. The plane has been sent around for pre-purchase inspections so he is pretty sure his time there is limited. He is in the interview process with a larger company right now. I think he is on interview #3.

Sandy, Congrats to Nicole. Hope it works out for her. The car looks great.

Blue, I keep hearing of this 'Redgoat' and now I hear there is a GTO involved. I'd like to see this Goats Goat, if you have a pic.

John, The kid used the Mazda to go camping (since it had a shell). Good thing too, as it rained most days and hailed 2 of the nights up there. So I was left driving my Chebby. Its pushing about 19MPG, but it still hurts filling that big tank, like I did last night. Especially since someone figured that diesel should cost more than gasoline. Can someone say scam?

Scot, Happy early birthday to whichever kid is having a birthday next week. I'm sure there has to be at least one.

Paul, glad the binders tested ok on the Ferd.

Well I worked on an Aurora yesterday. the guy had it towed in and figgured the fuel pump went TU. It wouldn't start after filling up with gas. well, I got it running but not real good. It missed and popped and sputtered, but the longer it ran the better it ran. Good fuel pressure, and all sensors read ok. but the fuel trims were compensating for a way lean condition. and the exhaust fumes burned my eyes bad. I was going to pull it in the shop so I disconnected the fuel pressure gauge. A little fuel spilled on the intake and it didn't look right. I pumped a sample into a jar, and bingo! Found it.
Attachment 169231

I took another pic a little while later
Attachment 169232

So that made the guy happy not having to buy a fuel pump.

The fair is this weekend. We have a crappy little fair around here, but I go every year to buy one of the 4H kids pet and butcher it up and stick it in my freezer.

Have a great day all.
Old August 9th, 2013, 04:36 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be nice so I'm headed to de mountains.

Oppppppps never knew it had an underline thingy

STOP

Ain't got time to figger dis one out.
Old August 9th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all. Clint, you're a real pro.... What's going on w/ that Aurora fuel sample? Is that water separating out, or is it just some sort of otherwise-fouled gas?

I'm Intrigued, Sandy.... pretty car! He certainly did a good job. You better keep your eyes on those shop guys, 'cause Nicolle's eyes will sure be on them ;-) I will pray she keeps the job, and maybe goes full time eventually?

Also, all you guys say a prayer for my 93 y.o. aunt who's in the hospital for going on 2 weeks now.... we're hoping she gets better and can go home to her 90- and 83-y.o. sisters (my other aunts). She's just generally having a rough time; a lot of small issues, combined with the age are working against her.

Y'all have a good Friday, Oldsmofriends.
Old August 9th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Well guess what? It's raining again!!!! Just what we need.... had storms yesterday. Rain came down really hard most of the afternoon. Roads were flooded around here. Temps in the 70's and still humid. Man I'm tired of this.

So far this morning, Brian isn't whining too much. He's actually doing some work! Imagine that!! Steve called in earlier to see how it was going. It's like... it's not quite 8:30 Steve, all is well thus far. He is a strange one. I'm gonna do his pile of filing today. I like to do it when he's not here so I can pitch a lot of old stuff that he doesn't need. I swear the guy has a paper fetish, lol. Paper and his heater.

John... prayers said for your aunt. I hope she can return home soon.

Clint... Redgoat is Blue's evil twin, lol; alter ego, whatever you want to call him. He is quite the character!! He has a be-u-ti-ful red GTO. I don't have a pic on my laptop anymore or I'd post one for you. Hopefully Blue will post one. It's a gorgeous car. Top and bottom, lol.

Nicole said Bob wants her to come in Monday morning too, I don't know if just to go over things with his office girl who will be back or what. But it's money, so she will go. She said she already told him that if he needs her again, to call.

Larry actually didn't say anything snorkey and sarcastic last night when she told him she got the job at the vet's. I told her to be prepared to hear "well I hope you can keep this *&^%$)@ job this time." I'm sure he was thinking it....

Well I better get to working, you all have a great Friday.
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, you must have hit the U with the underline sometime before posting. It's right at the top of the dialogue box, 4th from the left.

Clint - how the heck would he get that kind of contamination unless the service station had crappy gas?

John - sounds like your family is blessed with long life. 93 is a long life, hope it's been blessed and fruitful. I'm not a big fan of hospitals.

Hmmm, after degreasing the bottom of my oil pan I found I was missing one of the pan bolts. Gotta go get a new one, so if you open your hood and find a VC bolt missing, it was me....

Have a great day everyone.
Old August 9th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Always room for one more

'Evening everyone. Happy Friday.

What a beautiful day it was here today. I saw a little bit of it a couple times today. Sun's out now and not too hot. Though I'm guessing it's humid as a mother.

Prayers for your Aunt, John, hope she can make it home soon.

Sandy will the other guys be back on Monday? Glad to hear the Brian day wasn't as bad as expected.

Allan has that bolt been missing from the beginning? Maybe that's why you had such a clean up job on the bottom of the engine.

Jamesbo I'll write like this as well so you don't feel bad. Have a good weekend in the mountains. Okay enough of that.

Well out with the dogs, then get some gas for the car, and off to work. Day 2. I already know I've got a [insert the worst word you can think of] lead tonight, hope I can make it through without vomiting. Hey, that's an idea, if someone vomits they automatically get to go home.

Okay have a good night everyone.
Old August 9th, 2013, 02:53 PM

Morning all, weather is still holding strong which I am thankful for

Welcome back Blue, glad everything is ok with you and yours.

Congrats Nicole. Hope it works out well for her.

I have a pic of Blue's GTO but I will see if he wants to put one up.

Well I nearly have my bike back together and I am pretty happy with it. I modified the muffler on it and now I don't think it is legal. Legal sound limit when at riding rpm is 105db, somehow it isn't even close anymore

Time to replace the exhaust manifold gasket on the Morris, have a great weekend peeps,

Adrian

Last edited by Ausraven; August 9th, 2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old August 9th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - Honestly I don't know. I doubt it would be missing from the factory though..

Clint - I gotta stick with the Calendar. Jim's just waaaay too organized - funny that he can organize his cave like that but the burb is such a challenge..

It's just one of those days up here - windy and don't feel like doing anything.

My lawnmower is at Sears (under warranty) due to a bad auto-choke system. I should have bought a Toro or Honda instead of that retarded Kohler 7 horse. Should be ready for pick-up in 2 weeks if all goes according to Hoyle. If it messes up after that I'll turf it and get a new one next year. Something like this would be nice...and I can take it to the striper and have them put W30 stripes and decals on it.
Old August 10th, 2013, 05:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice today hopefully no rain

Allan, Please be patient wit me, de Lord's not thru wit me yet. I realy am a fairly organized guy liv'in wit a wonderful woman who never picks up anything and adds 3 cats tode equation jes fer chaos.

I jes got way too much stuff to look after.

Yesterday was a classic example. I get to de lake an de first thing I see is an oak blowed down across de road. Get chain saw, sharpen chain saw, clear road.................. proceed to what you had planned to do in de first place.

I really thought if I lived dis long I would have it together and ammounted to sum'em. But de juror is still out.

But you can ax John, My kitchen is the most oraganized place in de world.

Have a great day Olds friends I gotta go get sum more stuff outa de Burban October is right around de corner
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim - just having some fun witcha! The garage looks absolutely amazing and probably would win an award for organization - as Clint pointed out. If the kitchen is even better, man you are a catch. Ditch de supermodel and move to Canada! Der are lotzuv chics here wood kill ta hav a handy guy like you! And dey will lissen ta ya, under threat ov you leavin them iffn dey don't clean up after emselves. Ya jess gotta have that stick tuitness and yewl survive.

Adrian - cool! Noisy bike? Up here the db rating is 85 I think (at idle). It's a municipal thing but the police don't enforce it much unless there's a complaint. Happy trails son!

Have a good weekend.
Old August 10th, 2013, 11:21 AM

Morning everybody, nice and dark outside but it "feels" like it will be a good day so we will see.

Allan, I used start the old girl in the garage to warm her up a bit before leaving for work but I will have to take it outside now as the garage is right beside the entrance hall which is right beside our bedroom and Tink will not like me as I leave for work around 4:45 am

Nothing wrong with a clean garage Jamesbo, took me 3 days to clean mine up last time so everything is where it should be now. Lets hope it stays that way from now on

Time for work now, have a good day olds buddies,

Adrian
Old August 10th, 2013, 01:44 PM

I used to take a week off just to clean and organize the garage, then I just took a week off, now...well, a day here, a day there, and the gararge, well it needs cleaning and organizing, but I have too much sh*t, and not enough room.
Old August 10th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Getting ready for work. Friday for me, and I took an extra day off so I can get something done. Not clean the garage.

Monday I'm going to Alabama to look at an M35A2C W/W. I plan to use the heck out of this thing. If I like it I'm driving home.

Allan I need a new mower as well. I have a 1982 Lawn Boy I need to get running and that thing is awesome! It's a rear bagger though and sometimes I like a side discharge. I also need to get all the crap out from in front of the basement door so I can get the John Deere out.

As for my garage, I haven't seen nor used 99% of what's in there in years but it's all essential. I go in from time to time and straighten up, but it always seems to re-clutter so I don't much worry about it.

Adrian what are the latest rules over there for carrying a pocket knife? I've carried a knife since I was a kid but my friends threaten me with a cruel life in jail if I bring one when I visit. It's only a Swiss Army Knife, what's the big deal?

Okay letters to mail and then work. Things weren't too bad last night with the bad lead. I have him again tonight, so I don't expect much. We changed an engine on a 767 so tonight should be something equally as fun.

Have a good night everyone.
Old August 10th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Saturday evening - yay!!

Got a lot of work done on the Cutlass today. Finished grinding and sanding the frame, then cleaned up all that dust and crud. Thank God for push brooms and compressed air! Spent close to 4 hours getting the first coat of black onto the frame. Coors Light and I have a close working relationship right about now. Hope I don't blow up the grill when I go start it.

Adrian? If you keep on firing up that beast in the same place and time, I think Tink will just sleep through it. My neighbor changed out his Tacoma exhaust to a set of Ricer pipes. Used to wake me up every morning when he started it. Now his exhaust is dead to me. Course so is he so that strikes a good balance.

Mike - WTH do you need a M35A2C W/W for?? John might for when he gets flooded. Or are you planning some retaliation on peeps driving around pissing you off? Those things are massive and expensive to replace parts on. Hey! I can see ya grinning from ear to ear....

Dan - I hear ya! I know where most of the stuff in my garage is. Too much stuff though. Organization is for those peeps with bad memories??? Sorry Jim, I know you have a good remembery. But really if you want to 'hide' something? Put it right where everyone can see it. They'll go crazy looking at it and not seeing it.

Gotta go out and enjoy this beautiful 80° evening with nice 10 mph breeze! It's just heavenly
Old August 10th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Registered

Good Morning... it's always morning somewhere, afternoon and evening too come to think of it?
I've been busy boneyarding the last few days and Redgoat was painting Funk & Wagnall's back porch so he couldn't come with me. I found that vise grips are great for removing vent window handles today, you smash the vent window with the vise grips and the handle comes right off.

Redgoat told me that a pic was requested of his ride?
He can't get on here to do pics without my password , heaven saves us if he ever does register here. He's more into medieval barbarian, Star Wars, Star Trek, and WWII German Luftwaffe personnel reenactment sites.

image url upload

Last edited by Bluevista; August 10th, 2013 at 06:45 PM. Reason: My second hand computer from my daughter with a foreign accent mark keyboard deal.
Old August 10th, 2013, 07:31 PM

Good evening everyone.

Today was a busy day. It started with a Mustang club tour to a scenic lookout in Gatineau Park. It was a pretty nice drive through the Park... except for all the cyclists. SHARE THE ROAD!!! I was doing about 50km/h downhill and the bike I had just passed was keeping pace with me

From there I met up with my Dad and some friends at a car show. It was a nice show with lots of door prizes. It was an open house at a tire shop/garage. They gave away a set of tires (I didn't win), but everyone who attended gets 50% off winter tires for the rest of the year.

But my day was not finished yet! From there a group of us went to a car show at the local drag strip. The show was mostly just a parking area set aside for classic cars (shh! don't tell anyone I snuck the Mustang in ) but they also gave all car owners a discount. I got to watch some vintage cars running including front engine drag cars.

And from there... I went home and tried to stay awake.

Blue, the GTO looks great. Too bad I didn't get to see it when I was in Ohio a couple of years ago. I might be passing through Cleveland next summer.

Adrian, 4:45am? What time zone are you using? Hopefully not your own

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!
Old August 11th, 2013, 06:27 AM

Elsie came an went a-gain late yesterday.

Gonna tackle anutter seat of de Burban today.

Garage @ lake clean -check
Garage @ farm/ cemetry clean -Check
Storage shed cleaned [after pulling wife's teeth for 7 years] -check
Wood shop clean [1/2 check]

Garden a complete disaster with all the rain,full of weeds -don't bother you'll never get it done wait til next year

Hay up-check
Now time to bushog around edges

Time to cut hedge again and consider baling hay in yard.
White 4 board fences need mo paint [but too wet]

Blue dat's de most preties Goat I ever saw.

Day lites wast'in
Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 11th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Salubrious Sunday to everyone

Another beautimus day in the frozen wastelands. Supposed to get up to around 83° today with some evening T storms. That will be just fine for watering the yard and garden.

Going to head out to the (unorganized garage - check ) shortly and put on the second coat of frame paint. Mixed feelings on the first coat. I thought I got all the nooks and crannies but apparently not. Good thing is now they really stand out so I'll get them on the second go. Really happy with the satin look.

Jim - you be my inspiration for organized garages! Don't worry bout the burb. Sounds like you need to borrow Earl from Clint to clean up that hay and such in your yard.

Paul - sounds like you and your Dad had a great day! Yeah I notice that about cyclists here too. They hog more than their fair share of asphalt and WON'T yield. They also cruise through stop signs and red lights like they have 9 lives too. The guy who was keeping up with you was probably on steroids (maybe a Lance Armstrong fan?) or hanging onto the back of your car...

Allan H - Nice looking GTO. Is that when they started making the nose cone out of that Endura plastic? I guess one good thing is it wouldn't rust!

Hope everyone enjoy's their day!
Old August 11th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Captain Starfire

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Nice today hopefully no rain
Allan, Please be patient wit me, de Lord's not thru wit me yet. I realy am a fairly organized guy liv'in wit a wonderful woman who never picks up anything and adds 3 cats tode equation jes fer chaos.
But you can ax John, My kitchen is the most oraganized place in de world.
Kimobsabe speak true, Allan. I consider myself a cook, and mine ain't even in the same league.... 'specially since my better half is now home during the day and dabbling in the galley.... it was nice while it lasted.

Jamesbo, some folks say "I feel your pain" to make fun of Bill Clinton; but I truly feel your pain. Yours may be a tad more acute than mine, however

Did landscaping for about 5 hours in the Amazon rainforest yesterday (the Plantation); today, I'm lickin' my wounds. I think I'll live....
Old August 11th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Looks like a decent day going on here. The phone rang around noon and woke me up so now I have the rest of the day to get something done.

Said phone call was someone wanting to come look at my RV. I can't give that thing away. Just like everyone else, all's I heard was, this is just what we need. I can do a lot with this. I like this, this will do that, and then okay let me get back to you. Eh, it may be time for the sawzall.

Allan I've wanted an M35 for years. Never really got around to looking for one, but these days with a dwindling inventory the price for the nice ones is going up up up and I figure it's now or never. So I've actually found a couple that are nice and for a decent price, we'll see what this one is like tomorrow. I drove one years ago, holy Toledo what a handful.

Jamesbo if you want to clean the Suburban up Mike-style, go buy a new Suburban and leave all the stuff in the old one.

Blue that's a beautiful car. A friend of mine's dad had that car in a hardtop. He got it a year old, drove the crap out of it for 10 years, then let it sit behind a garage sinking into the mud for about 10 more years, then sold it for a little bit of nothing. That car is probably a pristine show winner now, and if friend's dad hadn't sold it, it would still be in the mud.

Paul you can't beat a day full of car activities.

John I think I need a bulldozer and just clear out my yard and start over. Ah, push everything into the lake and make my yard bigger. Not an idea lost on history. That's what they did in Boston, and Chicago to name a couple places.

Okay! Got a beautiful afternoon to get out and do something. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Old August 11th, 2013, 11:31 AM

Morning all, weather is staying strong so far.

Mike, I carry a little pocket knife on my key ring and don't have any issues but technically it is illegal here. Concealed weapon is what they call it but being a Swiss army knife and the fact that your from America I doubt they would do much, if anything. You could always say you left your other one at home and say it is 2 feet long

Why yes Paul that is my local time. I only have to do it 2 times a week but still not fun.

I reckon too Allan. I noticed the clutch is slipping when I give it the beans to now. Has around 70k (miles) on it so I am thinking the extra little bit of power increase it got was enough for that to occur. I have been having a bit of trouble with the gear changing for a while now

Time for work again, have a good day everybody

Adrian
Old August 11th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Always room for one more

Oh you know what, I totally forgot that today is Linda Vaughn's birthday. I have no idea how old she is. Timeless. To quote Barbara Mandrell, she can eat crackers in my bed anytime.

Thinking about it, this is also the day I got my drivers license way back in 1983. My sister and her then boyfriend(who is her now ex-husband) took me in my Mom's Caprice Classic. I think I had Ralph Nader as my examiner. All things were good and the rest, as they say.....

Okay back to work. Cleaning the bathroom right now.
Old August 11th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
To quote Barbara Mandrell, she can eat crackers in my bed anytime.
WTH? You telling me Barbara Mandrell is a lesbo? Ken ain't gonna look to favorable on that, though

OHHHH! U want Barbara Mandrell to eat crackers in your bed or did you want Linda Vaughn to eat crackers in your bed. It gets so confusing with today's social issues and age...
Old August 11th, 2013, 05:37 PM

That's a fine looking Goat ya got there.
Old August 11th, 2013, 07:36 PM

Good evening everyone!

Originally Posted by slantflat

Paul you can't beat a day full of car activities.
Mike, up until today I would have agreed with you. Today, not so much.

Today, I attended a car show that had to be one of the worst organized shows I have been too. It all started with a group of us meeting to convoy to the show. One guy's car broke down before we even left the meeting place.

When we got to the area of town where the show was, there were maybe 100 cars in line waiting to get into the park where the show was being held. Cars were parked and people were out talking while they waited for the line to move. Once the line started moving, another guy in our group had his car stuck on a hill (the 4-spd got stuck between gears and wouldn't go into gear).

And things only went downhill from there But the socialising was good and I had a few people ask me how much for my car! I'm not selling it, but for the right price... How much does a good condition W-30 go for nowadays?

Adrian, I don't think I could get up at that time 2 times a month!

Allan R, I don't think he was holding on. Just using gravity to help him keep pace.

Have a good week everyone.
Old August 12th, 2013, 01:46 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Up a little earlier than I wanted to be. Dang coons playing circus in the grape arbor next to the bedroom window. Well ill be back after I get lunches made and the missus off to work.
Old August 12th, 2013, 03:29 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be a nice day to smacky whitey 'round.

I'm inspired by yesterdays action on de links by Dufner. Man he was deadly wit his short irons.

Mike, Did you genuflect toward Dalton, Ga in honor of Linda's berfday?

Dis fall under de rather large umbrella of none of my business BUt wouldn't those dogs eat all de crackers in your bed to begin wit?

Welp, Enjoy your week Olds friends
Old August 12th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all.... Elsie in da' neighborhood; hope she drank a lot of water; we need it. Chances are pegged at 50% thru Wed.

Clint, you could start a wake-up call business with the hours you keep. Sorry you had to rise so early.

Sounds like a good idea, Mike! I've been wanting to buy a tractor, myself..

Whelpt, lemme get to work for a change...
Old August 12th, 2013, 05:27 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Rookie mistake, had a nice post made out and then hit the wrong button, poof!

Going to Awful house, then to Alabama. Have a good day everyone.
Old August 12th, 2013, 06:22 AM
CQR

I'm back.

Mike sorry about the lost post. have a good brekkey.

Blue. Thanks for the pic of the beautiful GTO. Very nice.

Paul, Still sounds like a better time than what Monday brings.

Allan, thanks for bringing up the memories of the Mandrells. Yummy.

Too much weekend and not enough progress. Well, I better get with it. and get some stuff done.
Old August 12th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Cutlass Lover

Late Morning All!

Missed ya all weekend!! Back at work, so I have time to put my pics on PhotoBucket and such. No time when I'm home, in the summer, lol.

It's clouding up out here now, supposed to have storms this afternoon - we need the rain.... - cooling off to the 60's on Wednesday, they're saying. Nothing like August weather. Weekend is looking good though.

We actually hit 86 degrees here yesterday! Felt like a summer day finally. Sun and hot. No humidity. Just a beautiful day.

I went to the show in Alliance on Saturday. Took Lin and her grand daughter Emaline with me. It was a nice show. They had 258 cars there! Several Cutli there. I want a stainless radiator cap with a rocket emblem on it like the one Cutlass had, lol. Long drive down there and back. I didn't win anything, and we didn't get to tour the castle. Ran out of time. Very beautiful place. I'd like to go back sometime. It was a long day. Got home 6ish and had to run the sweeper at home and do a few things.

Yesterday we went to the Ravenna Elks Club show. I got a nice little trophy there. It was a nice day. Got home again 6 ish and cleaned the bathrooms, and did some laundry. I just run out of time in show season, lol. I wanted to get out to the garden and pick some maters, but I didn't.

Jamesbo..... Larry said we could come to Hotlanta! I didn't tell him you all planned on touring a theatre and stuff. I just said I wanted to come meet all of you. So we will have to figure it out.

I didn't see Nicole all weekend. Don't know which 'friends' house she was staying at. She texted me Friday night that she was at Appleby's with 'friends from work'. I assume that meant Bob's shop guys..... She sent me a pic on the phone Saturday of a beautiful yellow 442 he got in the shop. Someone hit it somewhere. I'm hoping I can get down there and look at it. It sure is purdy.

Larry's daughter is coming to visit from Seattle next Saturday. Gee... to bad I have shows planned. He's acting all cocky like now. I hope they have a wonderful visit. I was told years ago "I won't be interrupted when my daughter is in town", and I haven't forgot that! So I plan to be gone as much as possible so all the Bemers can have their visit without any interruptions from Nicole and I. They're family, after all. It's always been that way. Nicole and I are family, he and his kids are family. That's how it is.

Well I'm gonna post a couple pics, hopefully they won't be gone afterwards! I'm way behind on posting show pics in the general discussion forum. Might make that a winter project, lol.

You all have a good Monday!!

My trophy from yesterday. I fogot to set it on the car and take the pic like I usually do, lol.

Me and Emaline, lol.

The Glamorgan Castle

Yesterday at the Elks show

Attachment 169133

Here's what ya need Jamesbo! Keg on the front, double seats in the back, complete with cup holders.

Old August 12th, 2013, 11:52 AM

congrats Sandy, Glad y'all can make it. Would ya mind com'in a few days early and help'in me clean out de Burban?

Played like a goat on de front side 49. I think de Colorado Koolaide helped me fine my game on de back 42
Old August 12th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Loudspeaker: "Next on the tee - Jamesbo and umm friend...."

Old August 12th, 2013, 07:36 PM

Good evening everyone!

Sandy, isn't it nice to go back to work and be able to relax?

Clint, overall it was a good day. Lots of nice cars, a great setting, along a River. There were even a few seaplanes taking off while we had breakfast at the Marina.

I actually have 2 weekends worth of Oldsmobile pictures from the cars shows I have been attending to post.

Mike, next time write it by hand on a piece of paper and scan it, or take a digital picture. That way, if the post disappears, all you have to do is either re-paste the link in the message box or re-upload the image file.

Have a good Tuesday everyone.
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:24 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Nice pic's Sandy. Looks like a neat place. I sure like old historic buildings.

John and Allan, Yes, thats water, I pumped out about 2.5 gallons of water out of 15-16 total. I'm sure it was a contaminated station, but the guy didn't want to deal with it, so I just got him going again, and dumped the fuel in my oil drums.

We had a nice long easy rain last night, but I guess upstream from the shop they got a real nasty downpour. I guess about 2.5" in a half hour. I have no idea what the shop is gonna look like. They are in the middle of replacing my cedar fence and the back lot is a mess. I suppose I'll go in early and see what I have to clean up.

Well, have a good day all.
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:58 AM
Registered

Good Morning.

Sandy gets another trophy, sound like the title of a children's book.
That clock in the pic should say "Time to get another Trophy" on it.

Thanks for the compliments on my GTO. ...I actually mean Redgoat says thanks on his GTO.
The car has no name like Teepo, just Red Goat, could call it Geeto?? Pontiac advertising called the cars "The Great One" in 1968, but to me the great one will always be Jackie Gleason, and the car does not look like Jackie Gleason.
I though he was great when I was a kid and watched his show and Red Skelton's on TV with my grandpa faithfully.
The GTO does have the first body color keyed front bumper made of plastic. It's really a heavy rubber-like plastic molded over a steel frame.

I have to go supervise a septic tank leach field installation at my daughter's place today, the fun never ends.
Old August 13th, 2013, 05:38 AM

Well guess what, spose to rain a-gain today.

Blue, Why don't you come down with Sandy and Larry. That is of course if you can brake away from the excitment to supervison of septic leech field instalation.

Gotta go to de big city to visit a gentleman who wants to buy a plot [I hope]

Mike, ya wanta meet up at an Awful house downtown?

Anyone [Clint Scot] ever had any experience wit a Pontiac Soltice gtp? They kinda remind me of a 'D" jag. I boroque at de moment but I like to dream.

Have a great day Olds friends.