The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 4th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone. Happy Friday to me.

Mike Mike Mike I know you can here me!

Last night I worked on two MD88 engine changes. Got to work and finished one up, and a little before quittin' time started another one. I'm not a fan of engine changes but the MD88 isn't a terrible one.

Clint it's called the Affordable Care act because it is affordable to the ones who get it for free, and the ones who are exempt. How much will the fine be if you stick with your old plan, more or less than what you're going to be paying? We should be on track for a big profit sharing come February, which is good because the new insurance is going to bite into Delta's profits big time the next go-round.

Good luck at Chick Fil A tonight Sandy. I can't imagine thinking about restoring an 01 vehicle. Well, it is 12 years old now. I think the Intrigue looks like an Aurora mini-me.

Scot that does look nice. I like the beach, but don't go much. My Mom lives about 6 miles from the beach in Pensacola and I don't think she's ever been.

I could get 20 mpg out of my 70 Cutlass back in the day. That was if I took it out on the highway. It got 10 in town. 350 two barrel and 256 gears. I could never figure out why there was such a difference, unless it was because I screamed around at WOT in town. I had these slick, hard, Atlas tires on it and man would they smoke! Everything was Atlas on that car. The headlights, the belts, the hoses. It was obvious that the car had been maintained(before I got it) at the Amoco station.

Bryan where you been hiding?

John how's Aunt Connie? I hope she's settled in her new place.

Okay time to hit it. The dogs have been out, the car has gas, and I'm looking forward to four days off when I get home in the morning. Hope everyone has a good night.
Old September 4th, 2013, 07:29 PM
GM Enthusiast

Good evening everyone. Hope everyone had a great day. Weather was really nice here today, about 80 and sunny with no humidity. One of the nicest days we've had all summer.

Making some progress with my business but it's a slow climb uphill. Definitely tough when you first start out, but I'm hopeful it will start to pick up soon.

Clint - I agree with Sandy. That's a lot of bug killing going on there. Gonna take a lot of work to get that nice and sparkling again.

Sandy - I'm jealous you get to go to Chick-Fil-A all the time. Only time we can go there is when we go on vacation. Didn't realize you're fixing up your Intrigue. How much work does it need?

Well, have a great night Oldsmofriends.
Old September 4th, 2013, 08:44 PM

Busy day here, and the overnight temperatures are dropping down to the low single digits (Celsius).

Busy last couple of days, will try to catch up by Friday.

Enjoy the rest of the week.
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:22 AM

Mawn'in all

I get de worm a-gain

Spose to be hot an clean fer a few days

Gotta get crack'in

It MUST be Friday cause I'm Headed to de mountains fer a few day

Have a great weekend Olds Friends
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:32 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

It's part of my new diet Jamesbo. Mountains Have a good weekend.

Darell, I know how you feel. Back when I opened my shop on a Jan 2nd and it was cold, the doors were closed, and I spent about 2 weeks straight sweeping that floor.

Mike have a good few days off. Hope it stays dry and sunny for your dogs sake.

I guess the premier of the TV show is gonna be on Sept 13th. It will air on Velocity TV. Supposedly The 53 Buick and my ugly mug are in the first episode. Brittney and I are invited to the premiere party at an Dealership that has been turned into an indoor carting track.

Have a great day all
Old September 5th, 2013, 06:09 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cool and cloudy here this morning, temps in the 60's. Heading to the 70's later on. Supposed to be a cold night tonight - should be right around 40 degrees in the morning. I ain't ready for this crap.....

I was planning on wearing shorts and a tank top tomorrow for the trip to NY cause I'm sure Brian will run me out of his 4 slice toaster - ( he has a Ford Flex and it reminds me of a 4 slice toaster... I think they are sooo ugly ) He will be cold, I'm sure, and have the heat cranked.... but I might have to wear capris or something until it warms up later in the day and I can change.

Clint.... I'm gonna have to look up this Velocity TV? I've never heard of it. I want to see the show!Nicole and I finished disk 3 of the WD last night. I'm not liking these new people very well.....

Darrell.... I haven't started restoring the Intrigue yet. Nicole is still driving it. It's on my 'want to' list for 'someday', lol. She's in very good shape for her age. Underneath is ugly looking from all the salt and road crap. She needs a new package tray, as the thin layer of pretend carpet they put on there has been shedding off for a few years, lol. She could use a new drivers seat too, as the leather is cracking now and it's starting to look ugly. I just want to keep her nice as I'm sure she will be my last Oldsmobile. She's still a nice looking car.

It was nice at Chick Fil A last night. Just a beautiful evening out there. The sun sets so fast now, though. I didn't eat anything there last night. Waited till I got home. Tonight should be nice for Bellacino's. We're winding down now and it's getting depressing. I'm gonna miss 2 shows this weekend cause I'll be in NY.

Jamesbo.... it's Thursday, bud! So the big pumpkin vine in the lily bed is drying up.... is it supposed to do that? One pumpkin is still pretty green yet. Will it turn yellow if the vine dies? I don't know anything about pumpkins, lol.

Well I better do something, so you all have a great day!!
Old September 5th, 2013, 06:16 AM

Clint,

What is the name of the show again ??
Old September 5th, 2013, 06:22 AM

Sandy,

Velocity TV Is a Cable channel all about cars..
I have it with my Xfinity (Comcast) services
Old September 5th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Captain Starfire

Morning, folks. Heat & muggies out in force in the swamp. About 30-40% chance of Elsie's visit this afternoon. Would be welcome, and it'll prolly happen, since I warshed the Camry Monday.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I get de worm a-gain
It MUST be Friday cause I'm Headed to de mountains fer a few day
Rub it in, why dontcha'? I can't express how much I'm looking forward to end of month, although I'll be another year older. That part stings -- although it beats the alternative. Better half is rubbing in her visit there to me every day; won't come back 'til Monday.

Clint, good to take a break from that nutritious worm. But I'm w/ Sandy & Jef. What's name of show? I prolly get fewer channels than 99% of all Americans, but if I can see it, I'd sure like to. Maybe it'll be on the Web? Me don't get no Comcast... or any other cable or satellite service. Just OTA + some Web stuff, including Netflix.

Y'all have a great day, Oldsmobuds.
Old September 5th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

We have Direct TV satellite..... I'm gonna see if we get that Velocity channel.

So I'm lookin at air fare to fly to Hotlanta in October. It's like $161 per person round trip. Pretty cheap, I'm thinkin. An hour plane change in Baltimore or Chicago depending on which flight I choose. That's on Southwest Airlines.

Mike... I know you offered to pick up whoever is flying in..... are there any cheap hotels around there so that we wouldn't have to rent a car? I'd just like to walk around and be a tourist, lol. I'm sure there are places to walk too.....
Old September 5th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy all.

Nice and sunny today. Gonna go out and mow in a little bit and then get ready for some pizza in Marietta.

Boy I was beat when I got home this morning. We were working on a 767 and I was doing the A-check by myself. That isn't a problem except we usually have about 5 people doing the A-check. I decided to be methodical and started with the first item and worked down. That isn't necessary but what the heck. I must have run up and down the stairs 50 times last night. I must have gotten some good sleep this morning because I woke up at 1230 and felt pretty good.

Sandy there are no cheep hotels around the airport, and I doubt if there are any in the city. This is Jamesbo's area of expertise. Now, are you flying Southwest all the way to Atlanta or will you connect onto AirTran at some point? SW still charges all of AirTran's fees so if that's what you're doing be careful with what you check and if you have to select which order you want to board in. And unless you're staying for a week I wouldn't check anything. Of course I wouldn't check anything anyway but that's just me.

I don't get Velocity. Sounds like a cool channel. I've asked Charter in the past why we don't get such and such channel and I get a canned reponse, we don't have an agreement with them. Okay, then get one! I often wonder why I continue to pay 100 a month for cable TV. Well it includes the internet.

Thanks Clint. Got plenty planned, I just need to focus and keep working and not look at the internet.

I just gave the dogs new bones. They are in 7th heaven. I don't think they will want to help me with the yard.

Okay here I go.
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Cutlass Lover

Lol! I think I remember that commercial. I'd only be bringing a duffel bag that I can stow in the overhead bin. I went back to Southwest website and looked at the flights. It would be Southwest from Cleveland to Chicago, then AirTran to Hotlanta. Larry might still want to drive. He got stuck overnight and all day at the Hotlanta airport a few years ago when his flight was canceled due to weather - to him it was only a little fog, no reason to cancel the flight - and he never did get over it, lol! Soooooo.... Probably be better to drive, I guess. That way we could find a place to stay I reckon. I'll just go stay with Jamesbo, lol.
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I'd just like to walk around and be a tourist, lol.
Well den, ya better drive and bring your new heater.

Seriously, Sandy There's no "central" area like New Orleans or New York, Atlantans never walk. They DRIVE.

Everything is too fer apart.

I sometimes drive to de mailbox. And it's jes a 9 iron from de house.

It's bout 50 miles from my house to de Fox

Mike, How did I become the expert on Cheep Hotels? Jes curious

FWIW, To prevent a cluster phuque, ya might be better riding with Mike and getting a Hotel downtown.

Check with John, I think he's gonna stay in de city.

My plan is to meet cha'll at de Fox and go from there to Mary Mac's, den de Zoo/Cyclorama den head home and have a large glass of Vodka for spending the day in de city

It's cause I'm crazy bout my Olds friends but I would never do this for the fun of it.
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Always room for one more

What I meant, Jamesbo, was that you have knowledge of the city and would know where -anything- would be better than I.

I got the yard about half done, maybe a little more. It's close enough to time to quit, I think that will be it for the day. It will be an easy finish tomorrow. Now it's time to get ready for pizza.

Sandy I hear it all the time. The flight is delayed/cancelled due to weather and the passengers are looking out the window at sunny skies. What they don't realize is the weather between the departure city and the arrival city could be bad, or bad at the arrival city. It isn't the airline's call, it's the FAA.

Ah the boy wants to go out. They just had their supper and want to go chase squirrels. Have a good evening everyone.
Old September 5th, 2013, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
What I meant, Jamesbo, was that you have knowledge of the city and would know where -anything- would be better than I..

Glad ya clarified dat, It sounded like I knew every "No tell motel" in de whole frigg'in city
Old September 5th, 2013, 09:36 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Nice day again here today, mid 70's, sunny and no humidity. Did paperwork today for my job and then got outside to do some car detailing. Good day for waxing.

Enjoying watching the US Open this last week. Would love to go there to see it live but it is way to expensive. Anyone else following it?

Have a great night Oldsmofriends. I should be in bed already.
Old September 6th, 2013, 03:00 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

The name of the show is 'American Car Prospector'. Velocity is a child channel for Discovery.

Gonna be another hot one. 92 today. I'm not complaining, cuz I know whats coming.

I have the pig to go pick up tomorrow. The one I bought at the fair. I hope its tasty. It was a little bigger than I usually buy. Then I will get to scrubbing bugs. Oh yay!

Well, have a great Friday all.
Old September 6th, 2013, 04:20 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice in de mountains

Spose to be a pretty day

Clint, Ya gonna have sum pickled pig knuckles?

I might jes take Red Dog out in de Whaler dis mawn'in

Have a great day [whatever it is] Olds friends
Old September 6th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Boy did I sleep good last night. Went to bed at 11 and the dogs didn't wake me up until 730 this morning. Nice, nice day here. Gonna do lots outside.

Was gonna take the Deuce to the Awful house this morning but I have a couple errands to run, which would not be conducive to Deuce duty. I might take it out for a little while this afternoon.

Pizza was, as always, excellent last night. I don't get up there near enough.

Guess I'll get going. Have a good day everyone, the weekend awaits.
Old September 6th, 2013, 06:20 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!!

Cool and sunny here. Temp was 48 early this morning. Supposed to get to 73 later on. Hope its nice in NY. I decided to wear capris, which I have rolled up above my knees right now, lol. I put shorts in my bag so I can put them on later when we stop.

Brian and I will be leaving around 10. Going to be a long drive.... hopefully I will win my fortune on NY scratch off tickets that I play along the way.

Went to Bellacinos last night. Lots of cars as usual. Great evening. My friend Pam brought me a big bag full of green beans that she picked so I will be freezing them next week.

Well I guess I better do something before we leave so I'll talk to u later! Didn't bring my laptop but have my phone and Kindle. Have a good Friday.
Old September 6th, 2013, 09:05 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Another nice day here around 70 and sunny. Getting cooler in a hurry, seems like summer is fading fast.

Come to think of it, I have not done that many car shows this year, need to do a few more to catch up to Sandy before the season is over. Ha ha lol

Have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old September 7th, 2013, 04:39 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

My boy thought he needed to go outside at a quarter to six this morning, and I couldn't go back to sleep so I figured I might as well start the day early. That's okay, that means I can get in and out of Awful house and get to Walmart before the crazy Saturday people get there.

Sandy I hope your trip was okay and you're enjoying your weekend. How many times did the bad exhaust scrape on the ground?

Don't feel bad Darrell, I haven't been to any car shows this summer. I don't count Summit, that's more of a toot their own horn kind of thing.

So I got a visit from the yard ****'s yesterday. Too many car parts sitting around. I said really? This stuff has been here for months, why are you coming now? She said there was a complaint. I said who called? She didn't know, but I could call the office and find out. This isn't about some busy-body trying to do good, this is someone, mostly likely the guy across the street, with a beef and this is the easiest way to get to me. Cowards.

Beautiful day. It's nice seeing the sunrise from home for a change. Gonna be a hot one. No rain on the horizon.

Time to skedaddle. Got a few errands to run this morning then rearrange the front yard. Sheesh. Have a good day everyone.
Old September 7th, 2013, 05:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice and kinda cool in de mountains. Would be perfect CEPT, #1 step son with squeeze showed up wit de 2 frigg’in Beagles from hell and left me to baby sit while he, his squeeze and de super model took off to raft de Natahala. River.

I may start drink’in early

Got me, 2 frigg’in beagles, Red Dog and 3 frigg’in cats. Silvia., Mosbey [de grey ghost] and Buckwheat [de new Maine Coon]

I may jump in de Whaler wit Red Dog and sit in de middle of de lake all day

Sandy, Hit em straight and keep your head down

Mike, I hate neighborhood *****

Allan, Why do you need sum labors, Your yard ain’t very big from de little I know. If dare’s stuff out dare ya don’t care fer, jes wait a little while, It’ll be covered up wit de white stuff soon

Darrell, since I was in de shopping center business fer years, I’ve seen enough park’in lots. I Never go to car shows, I jes sit back in de a/c comfort and wait fer Sandy to post pics. Sorta a virtual on line never ending “thingy and such”

Welp. Have a great weekend Olds friends,
Old September 7th, 2013, 08:00 AM
Captain Starfire

Weekend at last...

Hi, boys and girl....

Fairly warm w/ little chance of wet stuff today... heat index spose to be around triple digits .

Sandy, I didn't make my reservations yet, but I know our room won't be cheap; we're just gonna splurge a little since it's just for a night or two. We'll be staying in the thick of things, adjacent to Centennial Olympic Park. Even if we might not be able to walk to any of our functions, we can do some foot-touring in our spare time and actually see some stuff. Anything we see will be new, since I've never been in the city except on the Interstate or to change planes.

Clint, you da' answer man! Now I know Velocity is a Discovery channel. BTW, I can't even watch the LSU games on over-the-air TV in Louisiana (which are sold out for years down the road, with over 90,000 seats), much less a Discovery car channel. But there's no way I'm givin' my hard-earned moola to those cable and satellite lice. I hate 'em like the devil hates holy water.

Whelpt, gonna finally run to the Lowest to get my power cord for the new compressor. Should have air tonite.

Enjoy the mountains in spite of da' beagles, Jamesbo. Maybe it's better to be w/ the beagles than be stuck there w/ SS + squeeze? Wear some sunscreen if you and Red dog hang out in the middle of the lake.

Hope to be there in a month. Dis mawnin, da' better half is enjoyin' the company of her uncle and aunt in Hayesville, NC, (hop, skip, & jump from Hiawassee).

Darrell, I like to watch tennis... those women (esp. Azarenka) are quite something.... I think they should penalize the grunt, tho'... it's a bit distracting and ridiculous, IMHO.

Have a fab weekend, Oldsmopeeps.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 7th, 2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old September 7th, 2013, 07:18 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Got some free time today and took the Olds out for a ride. Twice in one week, that's a new record. Brought it back home and changed the oil. Hope to enter it in another show before the season's over.

Mike/Jamesbro - I always try to take the kids to a few car shows every year. Want to get them into it so hopefully I can pass the bug onto them.

John - I agree. I find the grunting by people like Azarenka very unprofessional. Can't believe they allow that. It will make for an interesting final. Serena Williams and her bad temper/manners vs the Azarenka orgasm team. Lol

Well, have a good night Oldsmofriends. Hope your enjoying the weekend so far.
Old September 7th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Saturdays are ok as long as you know what to do with them.

Jim - I don't get it...you wishin white stuff on me early?

Quiet day - nothing really to say. Ted came over for lunch today and we visited for a good 4 hours. It was great.
Old September 7th, 2013, 07:33 PM

Good evening everyone.

The weather is starting to warm up again, which is nice.

Darrell, there is no way you will be able to catch up to Sandy now. Well, unless you can find a cruise night to attend every night of the week and do some car show double headers on the weekends

Sandy, safe trip.

Clint, will the show also be streamed online? I'll have to check the Velocity website. We have the Discovery channels up here too, but Canadian versions so we don't get all the same shows.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.
Old September 7th, 2013, 07:38 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by car_designer
Darrell, there is no way you will be able to catch up to Sandy now. Well, unless you can find a cruise night to attend every night of the week and do some car show double headers on the weekends
That's for sure. Sandy's way out of my league.
Old September 8th, 2013, 08:22 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Sunday all.

I get the worm and it's after 11? Wow. Must have been some Saturday night.

Got back from Awful house, Walmart, and Office Depot. I need a box that's 30 inches wide. No I didn't expect to find one at the Awful house. Not anything like that, unless I want to buy a giant flat screen TV. Not right now.

Beautiful day out. Gonna be hot. I got a few things started over the weekend that I'm going to finish up today and then maybe go do something fun this evening. Don't know what that would be, but something.

Glad Ted is doing well, Allan.

John didn't you say some pages back that you were going to buy the tickets for the Fox and then we'd pay you back? If you're going to do that I'll send you my money now if you want. Wasn't there a deadline or something? I'll have to look that up.

Jamesbo hope your day went well with the added company.

Okay gonna get to it. Have a good day everyone.
Old September 8th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Captain Starfire

Morning, all.... nudder warm one down here; got a little outdoor stuff done early today, and now it's time for Saints vs. Dirty Birds! LOL

Mike, yes I will.... no rush. They go on sale about a month before the tour date. I'll get 'em and y'all can pay me when we meet up.

Have a great Sunday, friends....
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sundays - love em or hate em. Last day before the new work week.

Monday should be a decent day. I get the whole thing to myself to work on the Cutlass. Hoping for some major accomplishments that might even see the rear end completed. Got an ambitious schedule because I have less than 2 weeks before I hit the road to Banff for a week. Would be nice to take the Cutlass but I don't want it's inaugural road trip to be far away from town, just in case there's any issues.

De neighbors from hell are moving. Yay! The she bear came over yesterday whist I was discussing my rebuilt starter with Dale. She smugly announced the house was for sale - like I care? Just hope the newbies have some idea what 'pride of ownership' is.

Mike - sometimes getting up at the crack of 11:00 gets ya da worm. What do you need a box 30" wide for?? Maybe try your local Best buy, Walmart or office supply store.
Old September 8th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Always room for one more

Hm, three of us only? Sandy is on a perpetual layover in some rinky dink airport, Clint is racing, and Jamesbo was done under by the pets-in-law.

Allan I sold a fan shroud to a guy in Salt Lake City off my parts car and now I have to send it to him. The sucker is 30" across. I've been to all those places and haven't found squat. I'm going to have to break out a bunch of cardboard and packing tape and construct my own. Note to self: create packaging -before- offering something for sale.

I worked all afternoon on the dogs' room. Got most of the front wall done with metal, and got a kickin' swinging door to cover the window. I went and got two slide latches to secure the door closed. If there's a weak spot in my plan that will be it, making sure my girl can't get it open.

Well nothing fun tonight. I did get some Arbys for us, which is always a hit. I'm going to keep working on the room a little while longer and hit the sack late, so I can sleep in. The Code woman is coming back tomorrow and I told her, look around all you want, I'll be sleeping. She said if she needs to talk to me she'll leave a card and I can call her in the afternoon. What a big fat pain.

Okay have a good night everyone. Work starts tomorrow.
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:12 PM

And I was out taking my Mustang for a run (well, technically a drive). A group of Mustang owners took a nice scenic drive today. I put almost 400 km on it today.

Temperature only went up to about 15*C (let me know if you guys would prefer I speak non-metric) today, but great day for a drive.

Allan, take advantage of the working time on the car.

Have a great week everyone.
Old September 8th, 2013, 06:39 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Another beautious day here around 80 with no humidity. Finished cleaning out the garage, must have killed a couple dozen spiders and such. Doesn't take em long to take over. May have my Eldo sold, will know more tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a good night.
Old September 9th, 2013, 03:44 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, The spiders are thriving this year. And boy howdy, have they been movin in. Had a couple of them want to snuggle on Saturday night whilst I was getting my beauty sleep. We haven't had a widow in the house for years, bu we let the Wolfs roam pretty free. I don't get the Heebie Jeebies anymore, I just grab them, crunch em and toss them. Then back to sleep.

Paul C or F is good either way. I'm not sure how velocity works up there. I know in Europe the show is already on. It's on a Discovery world channel or some nonsense like that. Here is the line-up for the week. may be able to find it in your area with the menu at the top. http://velocity.discovery.com/tv-shows/tv-schedule.htm

Mike, It was a good day at the track. The missus got back on her scoots for the first time since she broke her arm. She looked really good, and fast out there. She did say the arm would fatigue real easy and she would have to favor her right arm. But it will take time. We're not spring chickens anymore.

Allan, Maybe you need to make a yard sign to post near the for sale sign expressing your Druthers for a neighbor? Good luck on getting the cutlass on the road. Summertime is a burning.

John/Paul, I'm not sure if it will be online or not. If it is I'll provide a link.

Jamesbo, No, no knukles, the closest we have are some smoked hocks. Those should be good for some bean soup. Dressed weight was 190# of poke for da freezer. We did less chops and more roasts this year.

I got all the bugs cleaned off, not as bad as I thought. I think since the car didn't spend much time baking in the sun, made the removal much easier. I almost lock a snap in centercap (SSII)it had one loose screw holding it in I was gonna buy a new set from OPGI until I saw what they wanted for them . I. Don't. Think. So.

Gonna cool off this week. Not even spose to hit 70(21 paul ) tomorrow. that'll be a nice change. I'm gonna hire a new kid today. See if I can get some kind of organization at the shop. That place is a wreck.

Have a great day all.
Old September 9th, 2013, 05:02 AM

Mawn'in all

Gonna be anutter hot one

Tis Monday so guess what

Clint, Glad cha got her cleaned off. Does bugs can really make a mess.

Mike, I de lady gvies ya nay guff, lock her in de dog room wit de pups.

Allan, No, I wouldn't wish de white stuff on my worstest enemy. but cha knows it's coming. I jes hope ya get to take her fer a spin before it hits

Welp GTG see if I can beat Sandy's score
Old September 9th, 2013, 05:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Whitey Whackin' Day All

Gonna be rather warm today with temps gradually getting better throughout the week. By Saturday (our race, car show and swap meet) the temps will be around 85* for the high and only a 10% chance of Elsie raining on our parade.

The middle daughter and I have been thrashing on four homemade trophies to complement the custom ordered ones. I think they turned out great.

Quickest Reaction Time Award.

Hard Luck Award

"Eye Candy" Best Paint

Long Distance Award.

Now I've got to get the coupe ready to run down the ole 1320

Y'all have a great Monday!
Old September 9th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Captain Starfire

Monday Monday..... Can't trust that day.

Morning, Oldsmopeeps. Got here early this morning 'cause I woke up early. No sense lying there thinking of all the world's woes when I could be in the 80-mph slip stream of a lunatic from MS in a Super Duty duallie.

'Twas nice again dis mawnin: 69* at the Plantation. But spose to get up into 90s again. Not quite fall yet down here.

Clint and Allan, enjoy the last few weeks of the summer season. After the sweating I did yesterday morning outside -- supposedly in the cool part of the day -- the fall can't come quick enough for me. It's downright oppressive w/ the humidity.

Fox tickets should be available in 2-3 weeks. And I need to make our hotel reservations this week.

Those are quite nice, Scot! I wouldn't mind winning one of them myself; maybe I'd qualify for the long distance award? I haven't put the pedal to the metal on a strip in well over 20 years. That's too long. Glad your weather's looking promising.

Mike, good luck w/ the fortifications.

Jamesbo, hope you beat Sandy's score.

Still no air in da' garage. I went to get the wiring to make up the compressor zip cord and the lice at Lowest's wanted to sell me Romex. I tolt'em I wanted real power cord, and they sez they were out. So I have to run to the Home Despot during the week. I'll get it goin' one of these years.

Well, y'all have a great whitey-smackin' day.
Old September 9th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All!

Cloudy and a little muggier here, heading to the 80's later supposedly. 90 tomorrow, they're saying.

Well we survived NY, lol. Had a great time. Nice to see everyone. The ride up wasn't too bad with Brian.... we talked music mostly. He had his MP3 player with a gazillion songs on it playing the whole way. Most was music I liked and knew so that was good. Left here Friday 11 ish (after he got done with the customer drama he had going on) and got up there around 5:20. Went right to the hotel. I wish we could have gotten there earlier and went to the shop for awhile. I like to go in the warehouse and see the plates of steel and the burning equipment and such. I miss not having a shop anymore.

We went to dinner Friday night with Ken and his wife, Phil and his wife, and Patti, an office lady. It was nice. They sure like their cheese up there, lol. It comes on everything!!

Saturday morning we all met for breakfast. I was still full from dinner, so I had a muffin and a bowl of fruit. Then on to the golf course. The shop guys were already drinking in the parking lot at 8:30, lol. I was on a team with 3 of the shop guys. We had fun!! I don't know how a goat golfs, but I'm sure I did worse than that, lol. Our team came in last, of course. We only had 4 teams this year. Seems like everyone up there was injured in some way.... knees, legs, one guy just had an operation for a rupture, several people were off doing things with their kids. So it was sparse. We had the usual delicious steak dinner in the clubhouse after golfing. I won an Appleby's gift card for the name drawing. Brian got a Wal Mart gift card for $50 for having the 'longest drive' and he won another prize for something else he did while golfing. Closest to the pin maybe? I don't remember. They do these little contest things. It's nice. Plus he got his prizes for the name drawing, so he made out good.

It's nice with him still up in NY until Wednesday, lol. Nice and quiet in here.

Brian took me to Syracuse to the airport around 11:00 yesterday morning. We saw several old cars on their way to the car show up around Rome, along the way. My flight left early, about 10 min. to 1:00. I about **** when I saw the plane I was flying on, lol. It was little and it had propellers!!! I was scared when it took off. It was loud and rough. Hit some turbulance coming in to Cleveland and it got really bumpy. I said 'thank you Jesus' when we finally landed. Then I had an awful time trying to find my way out of Cleveland Hopkins to where Larry was. I walked for miles, it seems. I kept texting him to find out where he was, and I just followed the signs for 'baggage' and 'parking'. I figured that would take me outside somewhere, lol. I finally made it out, lol.

Had to come by here and pick up Tincanio on the way home yesterday. So I got home around 4. Had to do laundry and I blanched and froze that big bag of green beans Pam brought me last Thursday. Had to get them done before they went bad. So I didn't get my hair washed or anything last night. I was tired.

I'd like to go to the Riverfront tonight if it's not raining. Pretty cloudy out there now, they said we could get a shower later on. If I don't go, guess I'll get my hair washed, since I didn't have time last night lol.

Mike.... you sound like my nephew David, lol. The Zoning people are always showing up at his house cause of his cars and 'parts' he has everywhere. He cleans it up enough for them to back off for awhile, and then he starts again.

Scot.... What great trophies!!! Very nice! I'd take any of them, lol.

Darrell.... nice that you're driving the Cutlass some, lol. Winter will be upon us soon enough and you won't be able to get it out.

Well I guess I better do something.... have a great afternoon all!
Old September 9th, 2013, 11:58 AM

Scot, Cool Trophies

Sandy, Golf 101 Either drink or play golf. ? Don't try to do both at the same time [OK maybe one Colorado Koolaide on de back side]

Shot a 41/42 did I beat your team?

I played in de middle of sum kinda outing. De had free whiskey everywhere. Unfotunately, I got a funeral late today and could partake of de free adult bevs.

PLUS, Who in their right mind is gonna drink dark wiskey [Bourbon] in 85 degree heat.
[obvivous answer is SEC fans] Wolf Wolf puke, puke

John, De Saints handed de coons their hat on Sunday. De mawn'in paper is all over the coons dis mawn'in like "White on Rice"