The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 12th, 2014, 09:01 PM

Evening all,

Wow, your battle makes me feel bad for complaning about my son. Great news that your on the mend.

Anyways not much to say tonight, winter showed again and sticking around for this week it looks. As for work, not sure the schedule. Would be nice a 12 and 2, guess we will see.

Well have a good night all
Old April 13th, 2014, 05:38 AM

Nutt'in like de 1-2-3 combo. Feel'in better, good weather and a nice drive in Teepo
Old April 13th, 2014, 05:39 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Mawnin All

What a beautimus day! I just watered my maters, looks like I'll have another bumper crop this year

I've been trying my hand with my new/old dehydrator. The kids really like the beef jerky. I'm making the third batch today and it's okay but not great yet.

Sandy that is wonderful news, keep on keeping on dear.

Kyle welcome to the mix and I hope and pray for your son's health brother.

Mike be sure to be safe out in Cali.

Whelp I shall catch y'all on the flip side
Old April 13th, 2014, 05:47 AM

Well, seemed to manage the weather yesterday, we had wind gusts reported at up to 80 mph, a lot of trees down and some damaged homes from trees on them, a house fire about a block from me. Power outages all around, but I'm lucky in that dept. Also 2"-3" of rain to boot, with more on the way. Temps to drop to the 40's on Monday, with it getting to the twenties that I commented on before. First car show of the year will be in a month, sure hope the weather gets better by then. Have a good one.
Old April 13th, 2014, 05:54 AM

Pic from local paper.
Old April 13th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Sunday all,

Final day of the Masters today? Might have to watch that and see if any of them hack like Jimbo!

Yesterday was cold and windy. Snow stopped around 9:30 and melted off by noon.

Not much else going on here today. Good to see the Hells Angels clubhouse next door is quiet today. Can hardly wait for them to move out of the 'hood'. They're a real PITA with their loud comings and goings at all hours. I like going to the races, but I hate when it sounds like fuelies starting next door.

Hope everyone's Sunday goes well
Old April 13th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Absolutely glorious day today, not hot, no rain, partly/mostly sunny, and I saw it 4 times in the 7 1/2 hours I was sleeping.

I'm a little sad today. Tonight was supposed to be my last night at Delta North, I was to be off tomorrow night, and then Tuesday start in Savannah. I feel like I gave up too easily. Well, lesson learned. Fight harder.

Dan that's not a good picture. Glad you escaped the brunt of the storm.

Sandy that's good news all around. Finally some satisfaction! Now, come on back down and I'll treat you to some Awful house.

Kyle when I lived up home I hated winter so much, and it seemed like it didn't truly get nice until June. Winter has this way of wearing out its welcome.

Well I guess I'll hit the road. Hope everyone's week starts out good tomorrow. Have a good one all.
Old April 13th, 2014, 03:53 PM

Well afternoon all, alot calmer here.

Warmed up today a bit, just below freezing. Not supposed to get much warmer here this week.

Alan, you have good neighbors there. You won't have to worry about anyone breaking into your place while HA is around. Hell even have a beer with them on a hot day, they will enjoy it.

So when I was out west, all that walking on the pipeline I decided to keep it up. I started working out at the gym, gained some weight with it. Been at it for 2 months. Then the wife says today, you know your aren't going to fit your suit. I said to her, you calling me fat? Nope I am calling you husky, Well I am not a dog I told her. I had to laugh.

Looks like I am making brunch with her tonight. Might be our last meal together for a bit. Heading west again tomorrow to see what I can find for work. Received one call already, they want me to stop in. Stop there first tomorrow morning. Find something as a filler till the pipeline fires up again. Got to keep up with my Olds addiction.

Well I need to go cook my bacon now, catch you guys later. Peace
Old April 13th, 2014, 03:53 PM

Well afternoon all, alot calmer here.

Warmed up today a bit, just below freezing. Not supposed to get much warmer here this week.

Alan, you have good neighbors there. You won't have to worry about anyone breaking into your place while HA is around. Hell even have a beer with them on a hot day, they will enjoy it.

So when I was out west, all that walking on the pipeline I decided to keep it up. I started working out at the gym, gained some weight with it. Been at it for 2 months. Then the wife says today, you know your aren't going to fit your suit. I said to her, you calling me fat? Nope I am calling you husky, Well I am not a dog I told her. I had to laugh.

Looks like I am making brunch with her tonight. Might be our last meal together for a bit. Heading west again tomorrow to see what I can find for work. Received one call already, they want me to stop in. Stop there first tomorrow morning. Find something as a filler till the pipeline fires up again. Got to keep up with my Olds addiction.

Well I need to go cook my bacon now, catch you guys later. Peace
Old April 13th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

Another beautiful day here. Got up to 80*!!!!!! More clouds then sun but that was ok. Too bad it's not going to last. Very windy day.

I treated Larry to breakfast at Bob Evans this morning. I wanted sausage gravy and biscuits and boy did I scarf that down like a starving dog! My taste isn't back yet but it tasted pretty good. We did some shopping after that and came home.

I finished the laundry and then just sat on my swing on the deck enjoying the day and the birds. My friend Pam came over and visited for a few hours. I hadn't seen her since January so we had a nice visit.

God its nice to have the windows open and hear the peepers outside!!

Scot... you have maters planted already? Must be nice lol. I can't wait to plant. I'm gonna start my green bean seeds next week. Hopefully we won't have a freezing cold May like last year.

Kyle... welcome to our thread. Hope your son is doing ok.

Mike... wish I could take you up on your offer. Maybe one day.

Jamesbo.... you got it, bud!

Have a great night all.
Old April 13th, 2014, 05:34 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by cutlassgal

Scot... you have maters planted already? Must be nice lol. I can't wait to plant. I'm gonna start my green bean seeds next week. Hopefully we won't have a freezing cold May like last year.
Yup and they are about three feet tall already Got plums already forming too Hopefully winter has lost it's grip until late fall
Old April 13th, 2014, 05:42 PM

Well thanks for the invite, been floating around here for a while so it's bout to join the crowd.

Good to hear you are doing better, thanks for thinking of Kelvin. Means alot to us, and yes he is doing alot better.

Must be nice talking about planting a garden or even have one started. This is what we have to deal with

Attachment 89844

At this rate, it will be winter before we can plant. lol

On to my new adventure tomorrow, see where the wind takes me.

Have a great night guys and gals. Peace
Old April 13th, 2014, 07:52 PM

Why does it seem like my attendance is getting worse than better?

Work has settled down to the point where it fits within my regular hours, which is nice. I've had a cold for most of the last week, but feeling better the last couple of days.

I've been getting involved with the local Mustang club and I've been putting a lot of time into it, but even that should have settled down now.

So I should be able to post again on Wednesday!

Winter seems to have mostly lost it's grip on the area, and the last couple of days have been pretty nice with temperatures in the low double digits (*C). I took the Mustang for a nice long drive yesterday. It drives so differently now that things have warmed. And it is even blue again!

Kyle, it will end eventually. Last week I felt the same as you, but then slowly, the snow started to disappear. Glad to hear your son is doing better.

Sandy, great to hear you got to enjoy a drive in Teepo yesterday. Both of my Rockets are still parked.

Well, I think I need to read up on the 5 pages of posts I missed since I was last on Mike.

Dan, good to hear you made it through the storm ok.

Scot, keep working on the jerky. You'll find the right batch eventually.

Hello to everyone else!

First week of bowling playoffs tomorrow night. And I haven't bowled in over 2 weeks. This could be interesting.

Have a great week everyone.
Old April 14th, 2014, 04:31 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice now but Elisie's on her way wit thunder boomers Should wash off the 2" thick layer of pollen on everything.

Did anyone but me watch Bubba bring home de gren jacket a-gain yesterday

Scot, I'm fix'in to set my maters out, You're way ahead of me.

GTG gonna try to get in 9 before de rain

Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 14th, 2014, 04:34 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Paul good to hear from you. Hope all is right i your world and things are warming up.

Kyle thats still a lot of ice. we got 3 inches of sticky snow last night. It should be gone by tomorrow just in time for another 1-3" on Wednesday. Glad to hear you boy is doing better.

Scot, even the trees around here know somethings up. usually the crabapples are in full bloom, but not this year. makes me think we are in for a spring doozie. of course it would happen this year now that I have the snow plow completely removed form the Hoopdee. I really need to get it on the new(er) truck.

Sandy, I'm glad you got to take Teepo out. Sounds like a beautiful weekend I took Brit to the shop on Saturday morning. (I had to release a Mustang vert we put front discs on). But it was still a little chilly and gray and dreary.

Mike another opportunity will come up, just be ready when it does.

Dan, sucks about the trees. We've had our share of nasty wind this year. hope the damage isn't too extensive.

Ok Jamesbo. You're turn to post.Edit: Hope you enjoyed the werm.

Have a Monday all.
Old April 14th, 2014, 07:50 AM

Well the good news: I don't have my '71 to store during the winter months, the bad, the place where I stored it sustained quite a bit of damage, and my buddy and his son store their cars there, along with a co workers' GS ragtop...that I recommended as a place to store her car. I'll try to copy a link to the pic.
Old April 14th, 2014, 07:51 AM

Old April 14th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Monday morning, not up wit de larks,

Jim - yup I watched Bubba too. Coulda gone either way till those birdie/bogey puts betwixt him and Jordan. Me thinks Jordan did exceptionally well for such a young player. Hmmm, so did Bubba considering he never had a golf lesson in his life...

Dan - Yikes! That looks horrible. Sorry to hear about the friends misfortune. I doubt they're going to point the finger of blame your way though.

Kyle - Gee, that looks so familiar. Proof you live in Canada, eh??

Scot - Maters 3' high already? Lucky you. I still gots ta buy em at de store. Growing season here for maters doesn't really start till June ish.

Just thought of sumthin.... Jim and Clint better be using some kinda good mouthwash wit all de werms dey are feastin on...
Old April 14th, 2014, 08:24 AM

I just talked to the co worker w/the GS via email, she took it out of storage on Sat. before the storm hit.
Old April 14th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Cutlass Lover

Late morning all!

Rain started here about an hour ago but it's. 70*!!! Going to drop though and snow tonight.

I picked some daffodils and hyacinths this morning and brought to work with me just in case they freeze tonight. I wanted to enjoy them some. It's a quiet morning in here.

I have to go to the UPS store at noon and send Nicoles phone back to Samsung to be fixed. Cost $200, but she can't buy another one for that price. Then I have to go to Giant Eagle and pick up my heart pill.

Lin is in the hospital today. They're changing her heart meds again and she has to be monitored. She should be out Wednesday. I bought her a big beautiful purple hyacinth that I'm going to take up with me tonight when I see her. I have to see Dr Smith this afternoon so I might as well swing by the hospital afterward.

Wish my taste would come back. Had an English muffin this morning and it wasn't tasty.... got to figure out what to eat for lunch. Might just stop at Panera Bread and get broccoil soup.

Have a good day all.
Old April 14th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Captain Starfire

Good Monday to all..

Looking over the wet mountains this mornin'... but it's better than lookin over a wet swamp... Spose to git back down in the 20s tomorrie nite... can't even shake the miserable weather in da' South. So all you Canajuns & Colorodans & Michiganders, don't feel like the Lone Stranger.

Congrats, Sandy! Keep bi#chin', but jes keep inprovin', as well. Music to my ears.

Aunt Jean's services went very nicely on Friday, thank you, all. Our celebration was presided over by a (very) long-time priest friend of Aunt Jean's and the family's, so I know she was smiling. I delivered the "Words of Remembrance," which seemed to be well received. Then the family got together and had a big meal at a favorite Metairie spot. It was a fitting tribute...
For those who'd like to see, the notice is still posted on NOLA.COM here.

Y'all have a great one, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 14th, 2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old April 14th, 2014, 02:52 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everybody.

Rainy. Supposed to thunderstorm during the night, I hope that changes its mind. The dogs tried to claw out of their room last night for no apparent reason. We didn't have rain or anything. Probably some neighbors shooting off fireworks or guns.

John how long you gonna be in the mountains? I get back from California on Friday and I'm off the week after. Maybe we can plan a rendezvous? That's a nice write up for Aunt Jean.

Dan I'm not getting your meaning here. Do you mean you don't have your 71 to store because you sold it, or because you keep it at home now. That picture is worse than the other one.

Paul, I'm sorry. I should have thought to say your name so you'd pop in sooner. Although the name Beetlejuice has been used a lot lately. Glad you're enjoying the Mustang. If the prices on the '12 models would come down a little I'd probably buy one.

Well gotta giddy up and out of here. So much to do before I leave tomorrow, luckily I can leave fairly late and still get there fairly early. Have a good night everyone.
Old April 14th, 2014, 10:24 PM

Dan I'm not getting your meaning here. Do you mean you don't have your 71 to store because you sold it, or because you keep it at home now.
Yep, sold it 2 1/2 years ago, I had stored it at the building pictured during the winter months.
Old April 15th, 2014, 04:20 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Looks like Dan got De werm today. Hope you weren't up that early Dan.
Sucks to hear about that old building going down. I sure have a love for old buildings. I suppose my shop will do that one of these day.

Mike, Looks like we'll almost be crossing paths in CA. I'm heading out on Saturday to hand over payment for that 442. Just a one day trip. Thats gonna make for a long day.

Sandy, I love Broccoli soup. One of my fav's. Glad to hear there's no more Chemo. Good to hear your spirits are up

Allan, Why do you think I drink strong micro brews? Only think that gets rid of the taste. Right now I'm on a Lil Sumpin-sumpin kick.

I better hit enter before Jamesbo does.

have a Tuesday all.
Old April 15th, 2014, 04:59 AM

Mawn'in all

Wet from de rain yesterday but spose to be nice today.

John, I guess we passed one another when You was headed up an I was headed home. Next time, I'll pay more attention and wave.

Every since de "ability to commmunicate" thread, I've had de hardest time say'in sum'in.

IMHO "Car runs like crap' is a perfectly good description of what's going on.

But like Jung said, "De shoe dat fits one foot pinches another"

I guess sum times I feel like de world is pass'in me by. TV keep gett'in bigger. cell phone keep gett'in smaller and can do most everything.

Maybe it's jes de grow'in pains as CO get's bigger and bigger and sum folks don't know 'bout shoes fitt'in and wanta make sure everyone thinks de same way de do.

I dunno. Pat [if you're out der] Doesn't it seem like yesterday it was you and me and Dan an Jessie and Rob and Richard?

Well anywho enough ponder'in de depths of Waldon's pond.

Got to get crack'in

Have a great day Olds friends
Old April 15th, 2014, 07:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Tuesday morning to y'all.

Jim? Wouldn't worry herself none bout abilities ta komuinikate. Yer doin jes fine so Waldons pond is safe fer now. By de bye, i duzzent mind bier tvs cuz it's eezier ta see des big pitchers, speshully in hd. Smaller sell fonts doh are a rite royal pita ta find wen dey get put somewhere an I ferget where dat is..

Clint - if worm tastes so bad, why bother? Oh yeah, I bermemder now! Support de local micro brew!

Time for another cuppa koffee. Enjoy your day in Oldsland!
Old April 15th, 2014, 07:37 AM

Looks like Dan got De werm today. Hope you weren't up that early Dan.
Can't claim the worm, as I hadn't gone to bed yet..it was still Monday for me! I go to bed between 2-3 am.
Old April 15th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Doesn't sound like you sleep much Dan. Not healthy for ya there son.
Old April 15th, 2014, 08:08 AM

I work second shift, so it's all good.
Old April 15th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

We have wet snow and 29* here right now. Talk about depressing! Its not going to last though. So long as they don't freak out and salt the roads. I want clean roads to take Teepo to Defer on Friday.

Quiet in here again. Brian just got here a half hour ago... still having problems with his Flex. Poor sap is stuck on Ford so he brings it on himself!!

Tax day. Our accountant filed an extension for us so we still don't know how many thousands of dollars to support others we have to pay yet. Was $21,000 last year.

Went to see Dr Smith yesterday. He thinks the discoloration I have is the chemo in the capillaries and blood vessels. Says it should go away eventually. I love all this 'eventually' crap they tell me. Could be 20 years who knows??

Went to the hospital to see Lin. Her daughter Bobbi was there. Then Tina and all of her 5 heathens came. Tina gave me a bottle of Doterra Lavender oil she had with her to put on these burning spots on my feet. I swear it's helped already! I used it about 3 times last night and I was able to sleep without being woke up from the pressure of the sheet on the sore spots. They look less red today too. Tina is coming over tonight and I'm going to order the natural vitamins and cleanse and such. I want to get healthy again!!

So as I was coming home last night, a rock flew up from somewhere and smacked Tincanio in the windshield. Sure as heck put a little round crack in the middle of the passenger side. So I called Safelite this morning and they're going to come here to work on Thursday morning and fix it. They replaced the Intrigues windshield back in 2009. This will only cost $54 cause they give a discount to State Farm customers. Was $119.95 online. So that's good. I want to get it sealed before it cracks everywhere like the Intrigue did. I couldn't believe that happened! Scared me... sounded like a gun shot. Just what I needed....

Its payday so that's a good thing. I should go down to the bank at lunch.

Well you all have a good day.
Old April 15th, 2014, 09:16 AM

Anyone else have the sudden urge to take a plane trip this morning?
Old April 15th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Nope, not unless it's an Alberta PC free flight
Old April 15th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Captain Starfire

Kwik check-in, Oldsmobuds. I did wave, Jamesbo... you wuz messin' wit ur microscopic-size cell fone
Actually, I rode the motorcycle up here, so I wuzn't likely to wave at anybody. Got da' sore butt. But hope to get out again on it Friday.
Seems like the rain's moved out, sun's tryin' desperately to show his big face, and we're gettin' ready for the deep freeze tonite.
Went for a little walk around Lake Chatugue this mornin'; 'twas a little damp, but nice just the same.
Gonna' enjoy these few days.
Hopefully we can have a rendezvous next time, folks. Mike, sounds like you'll just be comin' home from CA when I'll be out galavanting.
Hope all our Christian friends are havin' a good Holy Week, and that our Jewish friends are having a good Passover.
See y'all....
Old April 15th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Always room for one more

Ah, big epic post and I deleted it myself. It was all spewing negativity. And I'm too pleasant of a person for that. Uh huh.

Windy and sunny. Gonna be cold. Wasn't ready for California so I'm leaving tomorrow. Got home late from work and had a bunch of things to do, so why rush.
Gotta go clean the dogs' room. They shredded it last night during some storms. I don't get them.
Okay everyone see you all later.

Last edited by slantflat; April 15th, 2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old April 15th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Have a safe trip Mike. BTW we all know you're a great guy so don't sweat the post stuff. Everyone needs to vent sometimes.

Got your message about Lexington. Thank you in advance for helping me with that. I fear the worst though.
Old April 16th, 2014, 04:31 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I'm sitting here thinking I got the worm, but who knows if Clint or Jamesbo will come in and snipe me.

Beautiful here today, and the wind has died down. I'm headed out in a few minutes to take the dogs and head up to the airport. It will be nice to get away from the pollen for a few days.

Allan I sweat a lot of stuff I shouldn't. After reading that yesterday I thought, geez, that sounds negative even for me! So it went away. Got to bed early and this morning feel a lot better.

Okay be good everyone and I'll see you all later!
Old April 16th, 2014, 04:34 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike. Have a good trip. Maybe I missed it. Whereabouts in that big IOU state are you headed?

Allan, Werms are like a quad (ale) It's an acquired taste that really grows on you after a while.

John, I bought a, new to me, motorsickle in Feb. and still haven't been able to ride it yet.

Sandy, Around here insurance covers 100% of the cost of chip repair. I usually get a new windshield in our daily drivers every other year due to cracks or pitting. I make sure that glass is covered on our insurance too. The rear quarter windows on my old Mustang were $1100 a side.

Jamesbo, This side seems to have the thinnest skinned people I've ever seen. I hang out over at Thumpertalk town square, and those boys, know how to be abusive. That there is fun every once in a while. Some of the guys here wouldn't last 15 seconds there.

Have a Humpday all.
Old April 16th, 2014, 05:28 AM

Mawn'in all

Dogwood winter down ere [meaing de dogwoods are bloom'in and it freez'in]

Clint, Dat's interest'in. I've visited a bunch of sites [dat I won't mention] and IMHO sum people jes like pi$$'in matches.

I never discuss politics or religion wit anyone and I try to listen to different opinions [even when I think they're stupid]

Jung said, "The shoe dat fits 1 foot pinches another " and my dad used to say, "The lord gave me 2 ears and 1 mouth, so I figger I should do twice as much listen'in as talk'in"

My long awaited point? People are different and have difffernt opinions.............. so be it.

Dat's why de have horse races, People like different horses.

Mike, Have a safe trip

John, Are you gonna ride dat thing back to de Big Easy or leave it in de moountains? How long did it take fer you to get there? Cold up in de hills ain't it.

Have a Great day Olds friends
Old April 16th, 2014, 05:37 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Chilly Humpday It Is

It didn't quite freeze here but it's quite chilly. Hopefully my maters will hang in there as I didn't cover 'em up last night. Anywho it's going to fair up nicely today with a bit of a breeze.

Whelp I finally found it LOL

Y'all have a great day, I'm gonna look fer paddles
Old April 16th, 2014, 05:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Sunny and cold here this morning. Temps at 26*. There is snow on the daffodils and hyacinths and they're all bent over so I don't know if they froze or not. Big beautiful full moon was out last night.

We have no computers here at work this morning. Guess its everywhere Houston said. Steve is chomping at the bit.

Mike.... hope you have a safe trip. What part of Calif are you going to? Talk about your negative posts.... I sure had a lot of them the past few months.

Tina came over last night and I ordered all my natural remedy things. This lavender is helping my feet a lot!

I remember last spring how bad the pollen was here. Everything was yellow! Couldn't keep it out from under the hoods of the cars at the shows. Looked terrible.

So we had to pay over $16, 000 for taxes yesterday. They said we made like $154,000. We sure don't have anything to show making that kind of money. Why am I scrimping to pay medical bills if we make that kind of money, lol? Speaking of which .... got another bill yesterday from Akron general for February and March's chemo. My insurance finally paid most of it - over $30,000 and I only owe $86 on this one. I can handle that lol. What big bucks cancer is. Its a shame. I still have one neupogen shot left.... think I can sell it on Ebay for a couple hundred bucks? It cost $330.... Good deal!

Jean is going to join us for Easter dinner and my friends Chris and Pam. I'm looking forward to it. Just hope my taste is better. The sweet part of my tongue is in overdrive now.... Nicole and I will color eggs Saturday night. I love coloring eggs.

Well you all have a great hump day!