The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 16th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny and cool here again. Temps were at 50 degrees early this morning. Pretty cold...

It was a nice night over at Bellacino's last night. Lot of cars as usual. I didn't win anything again.

Jamesbo.... I loved that video! I'm gonna look it up on YouTube and see if I can post it to Nicole's facebook page. Very good!

Nicole didn't come home by the time I went to bed at midnight last night. This morning she wasn't overly friendly, but we talked a few words. She's working another 10 hour day today. She said she didn't get a lunch break yesterday, they kind of eat and work at the same time. She did bring home the W-4 to fill out, so I think she still has a job. I didn't ask.

Sooo.... is there a cheap hotel in Hotlanta by anyone's house? I'd kind of like to go to someone's house and ride to Hotlanta with them, since we don't know the area and where anything is at, and get all stressed out in the traffic and trying to read signs and such. But I don't want to impose on anyone..... suggestions??

I put down on the calendar to take off Oct 24, 25,and 28th. I figure the 24th will be an all day drive. It would be nice to see the Smokies on the way out. I don't know. We'll have to sit down and look at the map. So will have my b'day on Friday in Hotlanta, lol. Guess we will drive back here on Sunday, use Monday to recouperate, lol.

Blue????? Where you at bud??? Didn't fall in to the septic, did ya?

Yesterday was pay day, thank God. I don't know where my money is going, but it sure isn't lasting check to check like it was a couple months ago?

I opened the box of carpet from Fusicks that I ordered for the back of the front seat. It's a much brighter green than the carpet that's in her! No one will see it on the back of the seat, which is a good thing, cause it damn sure doesn't match! The package tray should be coming any time. So should the seat material.

Well you all have a great Friday.
Old August 16th, 2013, 07:18 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin Olds Friends

Whelp Elsie has delivered quite a bit of the wet stuff in the last 24 hours

Been super busy lately with the RWYB event, friends A/C's going TU and trophies. I am building four homemade ones and I ordered and assembled 25 participation awards and 8 trophies. I've been checking in briefly here and there but haven't "caught up" on the brunt of the past few days.

Sandy there should be some peaches available in Oct, but I doubt they will be as good Lanes packing has a refrigerated warehouse as well as almost anything you can think of when it comes to GA grown fruits and such

Good lookin goat there Blue

Nice addition to the fleet Mike.

Whelp the rain is starting to subside for now so I better get after it. I've got to go get the equipment and supplies to change a friends A/C out when I get a dry day.
Old August 16th, 2013, 03:26 PM

Jamesbo,

here is a new amphibious car for. You can even use it for duck hunting

let me know we you have it parked in your driveway so I can come on down for a ride
Old August 16th, 2013, 04:25 PM

Pat,

SOLD I jes want de "Hard bodies" dat come wit de car/boat

I may be on a new mission
Old August 16th, 2013, 07:53 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Hope you all enjoyed the day.

We had another family fun day here in FL, my daughter and I went surfing today for about 4 hours. I'm dead tired now, even more surprised she's still awake.

On another note, I decided to sell my 84 Eldo. Not exactly thrilled to do it but the $$$ would be a big help. It was either that or the Cutlass, so I think you all would agree this is the better choice. I listed it on Craigslist yesterday, probably ebay when I get home.

Have a good night Olds friends.
Old August 16th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Registered

Good pre-Morning, an hour to go. I didn't fall in the Septic tank Sandy.
I hate when that happens.
The excavator at my previous house backed over the old septic tank with his backhoe and the rear tire went right through it. He was a good old boy and just revved it up and spun the tires like crazy to get it out. There was "stuff" flying for a hundred yards, fertilized the outside and roof of the lady's house next door real good.
I've been busy finishing up converting the rear vent windows to powerful units on my Custom Cruiser. A real PITA but they're really cool, anything power is cool. Last night at the insistence of my daughter we took the OCC to the drive-in movies in Ravenna. I saw a sign that said "Former Home of Sandy" driving into the city. It didn't start until almost nine, way past my bedtime, and it was a double feature. We didn't get home until almost 2:30 and I've been a walking zombie all day, lucky I didn't fall in a hole.
The best part was watching people kill their batteries running the 500 watt stereos in their pick-ups to hear the movie sound on the radio. I think everybody in Ravenna has a beater pick-up with a nice stereo. The place has a real nice battery jumper unit on wheels and a concession stand girl was kept busy jumping them all evening. I found that daytime running lights are very drive-in unfriendly too. You used to have to turn off your lights driving in or through the lot, you can't now. Then they start their vehicles to run the defroster or heat and the lights come on too. I could hardly see the huge critters in Pacific Rim at times. That movie was nothing but a tediously long version of the 70's "Ultraman" or "Johnny Socko and his Flying Robot" gargantuan critter fighter dude and robot Japanese TV shows.
Wife Laura went too, she fell asleep and spilled her box of Raisinets all over the back seat. I discovered it this morning and spent this evening cleaning chocolate off the blue leather, vinyl cleans much more easily. I've never seen a cow with blue skin, always wondered about that???
I beat her senseless when she got home from work then locked her in the miece and groundhog infested shed for the night, that'll learn her good.

Just kidding....maybe.

Last edited by Bluevista; August 16th, 2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old August 17th, 2013, 03:44 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Dang, Blue. Quite the adventure. Almost sounds like Red came out to play as well.

Pat, Welcome back. Hope all is well.

Scot. I hope it drys out for the races.

Sandy, That vid is floating all over FB. you should be able to find it and 'share' it. Especially if 'like' some of the conservative talking heads, or organizations.

Jamesbo, Is that an executive decision? I'm having a hard time believing that the supermodel was in on that discussion.

Darrell, Sorry you have to thin the herd. But I agree that is better than selling the Cutlass.

mike. how is it you can have a small piece of land, that much rolling stock and still have to mow the yard?

I was gonna sleep in a little today, but we have a new family of coons hanging around and they like the grape arbor next to the house. I got up to go shoot them, and my the time I rounded up everything including a flashlight, they were off to another location.

Have a great day all.
Old August 17th, 2013, 04:49 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day in de mountains

Clint, I went to their website. My high cypher'in says, by de time I buy de thing, an add in divorce lawyers cost.........it's outa my reach.De bath'in beauties probably wouldn't jes hop in for a ride wit dis ole phart anywho
[sour grapes]

Blue, Ya remind me of dat movie "Mr. Hobbs takes a vacation" whar de plumber was constanly fall'in in de cesspool.

Dare used to be a Drive in near my parents home in Buckhead. We tried to brake de record of de # we were sneak'in people in de trunk in mom's deuce and a quarter [Electra 225] more dan once.

Darrel, Sorry ya got to drop de pimpmobile

Welp, Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old August 17th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Not a bad night at work, had a different lead than the bad guy, so that was a nice surprise. Package on the plane wasn't too bad but we had a new guy who big dealed everything. Eh, I'm home now and they can't touch me.

Clint I'm not a good judge of land size, but I'd say I have about 1.5 acres. The back yard is "all grass" and it gets mowed. Half the yard is trees and underbrush, and the front yard is where most of the stuff is. Looks like hell and that's by design. Some of my neighbors think they can control what goes on here without paying my taxes so this is their prize. I'll have to snap a picture or two and show you guys.

Once I had a neighbor who was a busy body and when I found out they were moving, I painted messages to her on the side of my van. It was an old Beauville that was all primer, so I'd keep painting over it with primer and write a new message about once a week.

Darrell unless your Eldo has some special meaning to it, that was the right choice. You can always get another one. Glad you guys are having fun in Florida. Surfing sounds cool. I'm sure I'd break my neck.

Think I'll hit the sack for a little while. It's overcast and rainy so not much is going to happen today. So happy weekend everyone.
Old August 17th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Crap! I just did a Mike on this laptop. Not gonna retype all that
Old August 17th, 2013, 02:33 PM

I was supposed to go the Back To the Bricks show in Flint today, but my buddy cancelled (dag nabbit) due to working on his daughters car that they are going to sell, I did manage to get to a local show that had about 60 or so cars... and wouldn't you know that there were 10-11 Oldsmobiles there! pretty good number for a small show.

Last edited by 1969w3155; August 17th, 2013 at 08:24 PM.
Old August 17th, 2013, 06:28 PM

Good evening everyone.

Today was a great day. I took the Cutlass to a car show in the USA (NY State) with a group of 8 other cars.

It was actually being put on by the Thousand Islands Bridge Authority to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the international bridge (busy border crossing between NY State and the province of Ontario).

Since the Bridge authority were hosting, they went all out to welcome their Canadian visitors. They waived the bridge toll both ways for cars attending the show. They had a special lane open at the toll for show cars only. We got on the bridge road not far from the Canadian toll booth and a worker walked out into the road to stop traffic to allow our 9 cars to cut across 3 lanes to get into the show car lane. They included free lunch and even free ice cream all day long. The show was at the foot of the bridge in a park which was a great setting.

Jamesbo, what was the record in the Elektra 225?

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone!
Old August 18th, 2013, 04:52 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Well, I got all my RR ties put in for the little retaining wall. Now today I need to go fill up the roll-off I have at the shop. They are finished with the fence. so I need to get re organized and ready for the week.

Have a great Sunday all.
Old August 18th, 2013, 05:00 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

No rain right now, the rain from over night has stopped and it's just cloudy.

Paul that sounds like a great time. Especially the preferential treatment on the bridge. Free lunch and ice cream, can't beat that.

Allan watch out for those epic posts! I'm glad I'm not the only one that loses posts, though I hate that it happens at all. I think it's a flaw in the site's software. No I don't think it's user error. Not at all.

When I was in high school my girlfriend's mom drove a Rabbit. One night 11 of us decided we wanted to go to White Castle, so we all piled into the Rabbit. This was before any of us drove so the mom was in there for a total of 12. Sounds impossible when I think about it, but we really did it. Didn't do too much good for the Rabbit, though.

So yesterday was the dogs' and my Mom's birthdays. I called my Mom and she was going to dinner with my niece, and the dogs and I had Arbys and Dairy Queen. The dogs are 8 years old, and I've had them 4 years. Imagine.

Okay! Off to Awful house and Walmart. I need to dig around in the garage today to find some things, that will be an all-consuming event. I seem to remember when the garage was clean.

Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old August 18th, 2013, 07:06 AM

Mawn'in all

Well Mike, I'm glad you're not wet but up here it's been pour'in an stop, pour su more and stop.

Ya know my drive in days are in such a distant place, I can't bermember how many de Electra's trunk would hold. I do remeber it had a wiered sorta foam headlines an it was de first car we had wit a Delco factory installed 8 track. It also had a push button trunk release in de glove box. We used to swipe a few hundred "For Sale" signs and put dem in one [of our frineds} yard. De Glove box trunk release made pick'in up signs and tossing them in de trunk a breeze.

Mom could never figger out why I wanted to drive de Deuce and a quarter to de Drive in insted of my Austin Healey 3000

Sometimes, in a rather childish display of what we were up to. We'd park backwards at de Drive in.

GTG Got a a funeral today
Old August 19th, 2013, 03:59 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Paul, the Bridge Authority sounds like a stand up group. that was a neat gesture.

Mike I always thought it would be fun to tweak a little rabbit GTI. The only time the dash didn't rattle on those was at about 7800RPM.

Allan, dang those disappearing posts.

Nice hardware Sandy (a little early I know)

Jamesbo, You're the only guy I know that's alright with having to go to so many funerals.

Well, loaded the Chebby up plum full a coupla times with stuff in the backyard. I have that roll off packed up pretty tight. My body is not happy with me. Oh, well. its nice to have all that old crappy wood and stumps and doors and whoknowswhatalls out of the yard. the missus got a lot of her landscaping done yesterday. It was a pretty productive weekend.

Met the people who put a contract on the house next door. Happened real fast. I guess I didn't mention they listed the house next door(my douchenozzle neighbor I made the sign for) on Thursday afternoon. The place has been crawling with people for the past few days. Anyhow the wife was sitting out on the porch having a cold one, while I was shredding pork roast, and some people were hollering back and forth with her from the end of the driveway. Me and the kid went out and everyone got introduced. Its not a fer sure thing but they seem nice. I guess I'd be ok with them as neighbors. They did look at the house on Saturday when I had the stereo in the garage going, and they heard some Zeppelin and thought that was cool. So fingers crossed.

Well, Have a great week all. Happy Monday.
Old August 19th, 2013, 04:32 AM

Mawn'in all

Rained like crazy las nite but may get in 18 dis mawn'in for the monsoons hit

Clint, I would try to clean up my yard and garden, but I hop'in fer all de $hit to float away down stream.

Scot, Ya built your ark yet?

Allan, Ya back home yet? Times a wast'in, ya better get thu wit de car before de snow set in.

Sandy, John an I spoke yesterday afternoon 'bout the trip. You and Larry gonna be able to make it?

Welp, Have a great week Olds friends. Whitey awaits smack'in
Old August 19th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Always room for one more

Top o' the morning to you all!

No rain here now, but I expect it's coming. Overcast and humid. I don't think it rained last night down here, Jamesbo, at least the dogs didn't wake me up at all.

Today should be fun. I get to take the new truck over to the police station so they can fill out some form so I can get it registered. Now, I'm pro-cop, but the ones around here go out of their way to be ****** when you ask them for something. One time they said they were going to paint the cars silver, instead of blue. That way they'd be more approachable. My feeling was it didn't matter what the car looked like if the guy inside was a jerk. Well, we'll see.

Walmart two days in a row. My Mom's birthday was Saturday and the card I got her had a crease in the page on the inside. I tried to flatten it out but just made it worse. So I'm going to get another one. Heck, it's late already another day won't matter. Thought about going to the junkyard today but we'll see what the rain does.

Clint hopefully your sign worked. Hope the new people work out. I know all too well what a pain bad neighbors can be.

Well, time for the Awful Waffle and then the post office. A guy on here wants some T3 headlights and I told him I'd send him some. I got boxes of them.

Happy Monday everyone.
Old August 19th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy, foggy and humid here this morning. It's supposed to clear up later on. I hope it does - I'd like to take Larry's daughter Dawn over to the Riverfront. Jr. lives right by the Riverfront so he could come over and walk around too. That would be nice.

Had a busy and tiring weekend. Dawn didn't get to the house until almost 11:00 Saturday night, so we were up till like 2 am talking, and I had to get up early yesterday for that show.

It was a nice show at Wingfoot Lake on Saturday. Beautiful trophies. I've become a Pop's guy finally! Yesterday's show at the Patterson Apple Farm was great. Sooo many cars. A beautiful 59 Olds was there, a Toronado and another one, I think. I didn't win anything, which made some of my friends there pretty upset, lol. They kept finding fault with the cars that won in my class, compared to Teepo. It's like 'calm down, it's ok, lol.' Their judging sheet is 1000 points. I think I could buy a copy of mine and see what they didn't like, but it's not worth it. It's my car, not theirs! I'd have rather had the 50/50 money instead of another award. There were 6 guys and one girl judging this year, down on their knees looking all under the car. This year they also made us turn on the key and put it in reverse to see if they back up lights worked! They didn't make us do that last year. Pick Shi*ts I tell ya!

I came home from there with a fresh hot apple pie and a basket of expensive peaches, lol! Stopped at a green house on the way home and bought 4 flowering Kale plants they had on sale too. Expensive day for me, lol.

Jr. and Elyse were at the house when I got home for a cook out. Larry grilled steaks, of course. It was nice. I had to get my hair washed and I swept up the tracked in grass out of the house when I got home. Went out and filled the bird feeders. The Orioles were back this morning! They went away after that big storm we had in July. I thought they were gone for good. I'm happy they're back. I put some jelly out for them.

Nicole asked me Saturday night when she came home if I vented to Bob about her and our fight when I saw him on Wednesday night, lol. I said 'of course I did, why?' She said he sent her a 'fatherly' text about her job and stuff. "Thanks a lot mom"..... you go, Bob! She won't listen to me, she might listen to someone else!

Blue..... you crack me up! I haven't been to the drive in in years! I used to go to Midway a lot. I'll bet it has changed now, with the newer cars and such. I never thought about the lights, lol. The food was always expensive there I thought. Of course who ate much at a drive in, lol? There were always other pressing matters that had to be taken care of, lol... and even a movie to watch!

Clint.... I hope you get good neighbors.

Jamesbo.... yep.. that's still the plan right now.

I got the material for Teepo's seat on Friday. I haven't opened the roll to look at it yet. I gotta do that and make sure it's the same.

Well have a great Monday all!!
Old August 19th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Cutlass Lover

Mike.... You have T-3's?? I want 4 of them!!!!!
Old August 19th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Monday everyone,

Nope, not home at all. Still on 'holidays'? Yesterday I replumbed 2 bathrooms (complete sink/faucet/lines) and toilets. Earned a Joe Attaboy and a nice cold beer for my efforts. It's all good though because it's for family and John isn't handy with knowing how to do any of this. So it saved him a ton of plumber expenses.

Heading home tomorrow - it turns out this is a 13 hour drive with pit stops. Total of just under 700 miles in one day. For some reason I thought it was only 650 but I was wrong. Graeme did more than half on the way out, and he'll do the first half on the way home.

Been watching the streets here on the coast for classic rides but they're scarce. Seems like peeps only take them to shows instead of cruising. LOTS of beemers, mercedes, lexipuses, range rovers, and other high end new cars clogging the roads though. On another note, seems like most west coast folks drive like they're always half hour late for something.

Looking forward to sleeping in my own bed and getting back to wrenching on the Cutlass.

Sandy - you can buy repro T3's that are supposedly guaranteed not be be recognized as reproductions. Around 100 for the set of 4 IIRC. Easy to install - takes all of 10 minutes. I have a set of OEM T3's that will go on probably next year. They're in storage for right now.
Old August 19th, 2013, 11:03 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Olds Friends

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Scot, Ya built your ark yet?
Not yet. Can't build it or put in a new A/C at my friends house with all this monsoonin' goin on

Al you are a master of all trades, huh? Pretty cool for what you did though. I commend you for that brother. Good karma for sure.

I figure I am saving my friend a cool 2.5-3k for installing his A/C system myself. It's not going to be easy either, due to the original installers putting too small of warm air return duct and grille. But I am going to do it right this time, no matter how long it takes. Now if I can get a dry day to do it....

Clint hopefully your neighbors turnout A-OK. Kinda reminds me of a certain Doors song

Old August 19th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Always room for one more

Sandy I'll send you a set of T3's but it may be a few days. Anyone else want any?

By the way, how can I drill a hole in the back of a headlight so I can put one of those H4 halogen bulbs in it?

Getting the truck registered today was a non-issue. I was almost surprised. There was no way I was getting that truck in the tiny parking lot of the police station so the cop came to the house and was gone in about three minutes. The tag office person was unusually on the ball today and no issues there. Now my challenge is to attach the plate to the truck. Seems the government didn't use license plates on these.

Sun is out now so I'm going to head to Summit in a little while. I don't think I'm going to take the car. I'll just be a spectator tonight.
Old August 19th, 2013, 02:00 PM

I don't think I'm going to take the car. I'll just be a spectator tonight.
Mike, just take the M35A2C and park where you want! I'm gonna jump on the "pick on Allan" bandwagon....so, Allan will you have period correct snow tires on the Olds when it's done? yuk yuk yuk
Old August 19th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Registered

I told you that AACA show judging would be brutal Sandy.
They want as close to a perfect nut and bolt correct factory original resto you can get, just the raised white letter tires can knock you out of the competition.
I bet the engine got a good score.

Laura and I used to go the the drive-in almost every week when we were dating, even in the winter if they were open. They used to have those electric toaster coil heaters with electric fans you'd hang off the window at a few of the many drive-ins we frequented. We would be there through the two movies and the repeat of the two movies, and I don't remember seeing any of them??

I just ordered a new PC, they're actually pretty cheap now. This thing freezes up constantly and won't connect to the internet half the time. It's now my Christmas present to justify spending the money so I have no reason to go see Santa this year. I think I got my money's worth out of this one, 12 years old doesn't seem that old to me though?? I got another desktop, I know they're considered dinosaurs, but so am I.

A BFH will make a nice hole in the back of a headlight?
Maybe a water fed tile saw if you can cut the back off close to the filaments instead of making a hole?? You'd have to go very slowly. I'd try it but my brother has ours on a bathroom job he's doing way out on the west side of town. I don't go across the crooked river if I can help it. Cleveland is two different towns, there's a west side and an east side and never the twain shall meet.
A high speed drill or dremel tool with a diamond tipped bit and the bulb held underwater where the bit makes contact??? Heat or too much pressure on the bit would be what you'd have to be careful of I would think.
My daughter worked as a dental assistant and I bet she could of done it at work, they use water fed diamond bit high speed drills.
Wear safety goggles whatever you do.

I have nothing to do on my cars, getting pretty bored.
The power vent windows installation on my Custom Cruiser kept me happy for about a month. Do you think power operated retractable rear fender skirts would be too over the top ???
Old August 20th, 2013, 03:45 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Blue, Where would you figure those skirts would fold away into? I have plenty of stuff to do on my rolling stock if you need a vaca out west. The AA needs a rear main in a bad way, and it could use a power folding windshield.

Mike, I could use a set. They are kinda neat. Sounds like blue has the best idea with the tile saw. Gonna have to be careful on getting it straight and not damaging the reflector. I'd be interested in seeing if the light output is real good having to take that much of the back off to fit a bulb. I wonder if it would have a dark spot because of it.

Scot, I think ol Jim wrote that song about me. The couple is moving from AZ. She is a farmgirl, and was happy to see some 'livestock' in the 'hood. They were a little upset that the place didn't have a well. sounds like she is looking forward to making a lot of her backyard into a garden and wanted the extra water. I told her she could probably dig a shallow cistern as I've been told we have water about 10-15 feet down. Our cistern seems to always sit right about at that level.
How did the races fair? Too much rain I'm afraid?

Allan, Have a safe trip home. You just can't sit still, can you? Did you wear your plumbers shirt?

Jamesbo. I keep thinking if you get too much rain, you may have more things surfacing that you want. Made me think of the end of Poltergeist and the unexpected guest crashing the pool party.

Well, We got that old Mustang running yesterday. It runs and drives pretty nice after sitting for 25 years. Tranny is a little noisy and the clock doesn't work or the washer pump, but everything else is a go. She'll have to drive it a bit to see what esle is gonna need attention. Even tho the fuel tank was pretty full, The fuel it had was just in there too long. We drained it out, and it didn't just smell like varnish. It had a sweet smell to it. I poured it in the oil tanks out back, so now the whole back lot smells like old car. the tank and sender couldn't be saved.

So I went down to Colorado Mustang and bought a new tank and sender.
They had a little console sitting there that looked like just what I needed. Brittney originally came with a bench seat and doesn't have a console. So besides having an empty spot in the center of the seats, I have no place to set my beer when I'm in the garage pretending I'm driving and making car noises. This thing just sits on the hump and has velcro underneath to help hold it in place. Waddaya all think?
Attachment 168951
Attachment 168952

Have a great day all.
Old August 20th, 2013, 04:43 AM

Mawn'in all

Well, It's gonna be anutter slosh 'round day down ere in de not so sunny south.

Played like a goat yesterday

Clint, When I was a pup every borther and their son had a Rustang. The middle of de rear seat is like sittting on a 2/4 [may be a 2X4 for all I know.]

GTG call bingo at de Senior Center dis mawn'in. Dat's 'bout de citement of de day

Enjoy the day Olds friends
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Registered

Good Morning.

My wife need one of those plumber's shirts.
She wears those low rise hiphugger jeans and every time she bends over I ask her if she does plumbing work. She gets really mad if I drop an M&M or a grape down there. I have to watch out for her on the top for low cut or loose shirts and for the plumber's crack in the back.

Where would the skirts fold into?, that's a good question.
How about retractable mud flaps and curb feelers??? It's a wagon so it should have the full width flap with gold stars, reflectors, and static strips hanging off of it under the back bumper too. Them's called Tennessee air brakes around these here parts.

Hey Sandy, doing the Olds show?? As if I should ask.
I ranted about it in another thread and will be declared persona non grata and run out of town on a rail if I show my face there now.
Say howdy to Fat Elvis and the drunk at nine in the morning fake Olds whale wagon boy for me if you see them.
Old August 20th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Groundhog day. Overcast with rain coming this afternoon.

Clint the console looks good. Like it was made to be there. PM me your address and I'll send some lights. Hadn't thought about a dark spot in the middle.

Summit was cancelled last night, big surprise. It was actually nice by the evening but drop dead time is 3pm, which yesterday was right in the middle of a shower.

Blue, speaking of brutal judging, I read once where two Model T's were being judged and they were both so correct it came down to proper torque on the bolts that determined the winner.

Safe trip today, Allan. Seven hundred miles in one day is humpin' it.

Lottery day today after Awful house, then I plan on dismantling the smashed F85. I posted that I was going to sell parts off it way back in July, and several people wanted stuff and I have yet to get any of it ready.

Have a good one everybody.
Old August 20th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Another sunny day here today. Should get up to around 81 or so. Rain chances tomorrow and Thursday, of course. They're cruise nights!!

I asked Steve if I could leave early yesterday and he said yes, so I left at 3. Surprise... Larry came along to the Riverfront! Of course he's not going to leave me and his daughter alone, lol. I was told many years ago: "I will NOT be interrupted when my daughter is in town. Do you understand?" So I understand that very well, lol. He spent the evening walking around with her over there and talking to her. So I was the odd person out, lol. But I have my cruise friends so it was all good. Jr. never did show up. He was waiting on his new girlfriend or something. Larry and Dawn went to his house after the cruise and I came home. It was a gorgeous night to be over there. Almost 400 cars, and several Oldsmobiles were there!!

Brian is still going round and round about his friggin Freestyle that was wrecked, lol. He's makin me crazy!! He's had it at the Ford dealer in Solon because he swears there's 'overspray' all over it that the body shop didn't clean off, and the exhaust system is hanging 2 inches down from where it should be. He didn't like it when the service dept. told him they ran it through the car wash He wanted it buffed out. They keep telling him there's nothing wrong with the exhaust, but he swears up and down that 'you could never see the exhaust system before from behind the car'. Now he can see it, so it's not right. This is a 10 year old vehicle, not a new Bently, lol. He's wanting his old rusty exhaust system changed to a brand new one, that's what it is! So today he has to go to the dealer and meet with them and a State Farm rep and 'discuss' this. He's gonna change insurance companies when he's done with all this. They should have saw that the exhaust wasn't right and yadda yadda yadda.... I tried to explain that insurance companies get people (like him) trying to pull fast ones on them.... The exhaust wasn't hurt in his son's accident soooo.... Always the drama..... Always. And we have to hear it over and over and over.

.....I have nothing to do on my cars, getting pretty bored.

So Blue.... I hate to think about you being bored, lol!! Teepo could use a nice detail underneath! I'll pay ya good, lol. Yeah, that apple show is a toughie. I took 3rd in my class last year. It's not like we're talking Concourse, lol. Yep I'm all pre registered for the Olds show. Weather is looking nice too for a change. Chickiepoo will take first place, with Teepo's clone. Her hubby is an uppity up in the Club. The car is beautiful and they have a lot of Oldsmobiles. I don't think you've seen Teepo's clone yet..... it's a beautiful car, no doubt.

You and Laura should come, even if you don't bring your car. God you crack me up! Fat Elvis....
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:37 AM

Well news Flash

Some whar between 5 and 30 shots fired at an elementary school just east of Hotlanta. [Decatur]

This is only news worthy cause usually there a 200-300 shots fired at the school.

It ranks ‘bout 1350 outa 1400 toward the bottom. It’s not too fer from de famous East lake Golf Course where not too long ago, ya had to put a M-16 in your golf bag to ward of the armed thugs who came out on de course to rob golfers.

According to eye witness reports, de genius selected to enter de school on a day when de Dekalb county Po-lice department was having a meeting at de school.

Mo earth shattering news. Dick Van Dykes Jag u are caught fire. Now that would been news if Dick Van Dykes Jag u are didn’t catch fire.
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Captain Starfire

Hi, all.... had a 3-day weekend; looking forward to for Labor Day now.... that's a shame.

My boss actually asked me to stay on 'til 1/31/14. I told him only if I can work part time. We'll see what they say. (He has to consult with about 40 people to find out, of course.)

I'll catch up later...computer was down all morning. Got the Windows "Green Screen of Death." I felt honored; most folks get blue.

Have a great resto'Tuesday, Oldsmobuddies.
Old August 20th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo I hear so many pops and bangs in my neighborhood I don't know what's a gunshot and what isn't. I'm guessing at least some of them are gunshots.

Went through all my headlight bulbs this morning. I have four full sets of T3's. What was interesting is I found some big T3's, a full set of bulbs that say Ford in the middle, lots of Power Beams, and some T3's with no triangle that said T3 Guide in little letters on the bottom of the front. Wish I could remember what those came off of.

The rain is mocking me. The sun is out and it's raining. I was out finally taking parts off the F85 and was gonna do some stuff to the big truck, but alas I was rained out. I'm really tired of all this.

The dogs want a snack. Good idea.
Old August 20th, 2013, 08:07 PM

Good evening everyone.

We are getting a late season heat wave here this week. It was nice for the local cruise night tonite.

Mike, glad to hear you got the truck registered ok. Must be interesting to see traffic's reaction to you following or passing someone.

Sandy, good luck at the Olds show! Blue, you'd better help Sandy with Teepo to ensure she can get every point she can Sandy, is that the same one that I attended when I was visiting Ohio a couple of years ago?

Blue, if you are looking for some custom projects for your wagon, how about you try and convert the tailgate to the powered clamshell style like on the mid '70's Custom Cruisers?

So I'm having a bit of a dilemma with my Cutlass. I hang out with a group of big block powered Chevs at the car shows, and they often comment I should put a 455 in the Cutlass. I hate to say this, but I think the peer pressure is having an effect on me. To 455 or not to 455???

Have a good Wednesday everyone!
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:55 PM

This just made my morning Just awesome!

And now... TO TO BAT...OLDSMOBILE! Since the sun is shining and its not yet winter! Top down

Last edited by Delta88conv455; August 21st, 2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old August 21st, 2013, 04:18 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Delta88, Welcome to the good morning thread.

Paul, I don't think I would, do you hop on it enough to need the extra? Will you be happy with the fuel mileage drop?

John. At least you know they aren't trying to get rid of you. Sorry about the GSOD. Maybe the green signifies your puter is nauseous as well.

Jamesbo, I'm thinking you need to be hired for the head of the tourism board. You have a way of making the area sound do inviting.

Sandy, good to hear you got some 'Family time'

Blue, I'm glad the hip hugger fad is on its way out. The missus has a crack problem too, and would get soo mad when I'd call it my pencil holder and stick my pencil in there when working on a project.

Well, we got to sleep in til 3:30 this morning. The missus blew a tire on the semi trailer yesterday, so her hay trip took extra long yesterday. Her and her mom had a long sitdown yesterday. The MIL had an MRI last week to see where her back pain is coming from. She fell off the stack last year and never went and got it checked. Coupla years ago she was having issues and the started her on a series of Cortizone? injections. Well she went and did one and blew off the rest. Anywho, she is missing 3 discs in her neck and 3 more in her lower back. the spine is pretty deteriorated and the arthritis in her neck is the worst the docs have ever seen. They say one wrong sneeze, and shes gonna need a powerchair. They have to re-organize and see what changes they are gonna make. Something has to give. These 15-16 hour days 6 days a week just can't continue.

Got close to 100 yesterday spose to be cooler the rest of the week. Have a great day Olds friends.
Old August 21st, 2013, 04:42 AM
Captain Starfire

Howdy, y'all... can't say copy & paste today; lotsa lightnin' and drizzles all over; they're givin' Elsie 50-50 for most of the day, down to 40 the whole rest of the week, into the weekend. Glad I don't have any serious outdoor activities planned.

Ain't been following everything on the board overly close lately.... my apologies. Aunt was x-ferred to a nursing home last week and we've been trying to keep her company and keep her from blowing a fuse; we've been successful so far. Thanks to all for the well-wishes for her. I think they -- along w/the prayers -- are working. It's likely at 93 she'll never be resuming her "normal" life at the house. But we'll see; she's still getting lotsa' therapy.

No firm answer on my employment yet. I'm inclined to "just say no" unless they will accommodate my scheduling request.

Clint, I always thought that was the coin slot; I'd keep puttin' quarters down there and a Coke is bound to drop down eventually. But seriously, sorry about the MIL. Sounds like major league changes for your family; hope your schedule evens out soon, and that the issues are resolved satisfactorily. My schedule's pitiful, but I know you got me beat.

Hope everybody has a great humpity... and maybe get some drier weather to move into GA in the somewhat near future.... Sorry y'all are getting all that wet stuff; all my favorite hiking trails will be bogs by the time I get up in Oct.... but at least the waterfalls won't be dried up....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 21st, 2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old August 21st, 2013, 05:27 AM

Mawn'in all

Happy Hump'in day

Yeah, I thought 'bout being a tour guide but I'm afraid I have a few [jes a few] too many non PC opinions dat I might opine at de wrong time.

Well it's drizzle'in a-gain

My Garden has more weeds dan Carter's got "Little Liver Pills."

My poor 442 drop top ain't see de light of day in months.

John, Take it from me, Werk ain't all it's cracked up to be. I never heared anyone on their death bed say, "I wish I'd spent more time at de office"

Have a Great Day Olds friends
Old August 21st, 2013, 06:34 AM
Captain Starfire

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Yeah, I thought 'bout being a tour guide but I'm afraid I have a few [jes a few] too many non PC opinions dat I might opine at de wrong time.

John, Take it from me, Werk ain't all it's cracked up to be. I never heared anyone on their death bed say, "I wish I'd spent more time at de office"
Jamesbo,

Point #1: Let me speak for the gang and say yer big opportunity will come in October - PC not allowed, but guidance and opinions will be much appreciated

Point #2: Yer preachin' to da choir, my friend . My 3-legged balancing act consists of keepin' the better half happy, keepin' a little spendin' money available, and keepin' myself outta' mischief.

I'm a little embarrassed to say I remember myself showing up at my first supposed full-time "career" job at National American Bank Data Center in summer of '76 thinkin', "Do people REALLY do this for 40 years?" What a sobering thought that was ... and what a horrible prospect.

But ya' gotta' do what ya' gotta' do. Then again, there are folks (like Phil, my wife's boss -- and somewhat-mentor) who absolutely refuse to retire, and will most certainly die or be carried off somewhere from their offices. I've always known that wasn't going to be me.

Reminds me of my Deluxe Playmobile when I was about 5 yrs. old. Definitely one of my top 2 or 3 toys of my whole childhood. I'd sit behind that dashboard, clutch the steering wheel and turn it violently, and make believe I was driving -- just like Dad. I could blow my horn, turn on the wipers, and shift gears. What a hoot! At the other end of the time spectrum, they could put a lap-desk in the nursing-home bed with Phil, put a pen in his hand, and he could make believe he was reviewing a legal opinion .... just like he used to. Could give him a dictaphone, some white-out, and maybe a toy cellphone. Would that keep him amused when he's physically and mentally unable to go down to the firm for real? Just a thought.... Maybe that's a bit offensive... but really, you gotta' know when to move on.... which, I guess, assumes that you have something to move on to. Thanks be to the Good Lord above, I have no problem whatsoever with those last two things.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; August 21st, 2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old August 21st, 2013, 09:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

Late Morning All!

Sunny and humid here this morning. Getting up to 84 or so. My kind of weather!!Storm chances coming for tomorrow afternoon. Not looking good for Bellacinos. We have ozone warnings out today for people with breathing problems. Nice to have some summer finally!!

I sucked it up and went out to Solon last evening. I went home and Larry was snoring in his chair and Dawnel was sleeping on the couch, so I grabbed my cruise bag, snuck back out of the house and off I went. Figured I'd give them all the time together that they can get.

Lots of Oldsmobiles out there last night! That cruise sure gets the cars. It was nice. I saw some of my friends out there. Bob called me - he couldn't make it out. I drove home looking at that beautiful full Blue moon. Boy that thing was pretty! I took some pics from the yard when I got home. I hate it getting dark so early already.

Paul... yep. The Olds show is in Alliance at the Mall every year. Same show.... usually the same cars. I'm looking forward to it, even if Chickipoo does get first place. Bob and his dad are going to come for the swap meet - I don't know if they'll bring their Olds' or not.

Jamesbo.... I live with Larry, lol..... ain't anything you say going to bother me, lol. The trick is going to be keeping Larry off the subjects of 'worthless kids today, politics (good luck with that one) entitlements, etc'..... He is proud to loudly boast his opinions!!!

So I'm gonna head to Chick Fil A for the cruise tonight, I think. If the weather stays nice. It's a lounge chair at lunch time day. So I reckon I will go make my sandwich, put on my shorts, grab my chair and head out.

Have a good day all!