The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old September 9th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Captain Starfire

Didn't seem like too bad a defeat until the last 2 minutes, Jamesbo.... and that's the way they always are... 'cept da' Black & Gold came out on top this time! This rivalry just keeps getting better.... 'long about 12 minutes into the 4th quarter, my stomach felt like I jes drank a quart of cooking oil, with a beer & vinegar chaser.... Win some, lose some! I hope da' big-haired and big-bellied "other" Ryan keeps earnin' his keep.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 9th, 2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old September 9th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Beautiful day here, and it looks like that is going to keep up for awhile. Love it.

Sandy glad you had a good trip. Who did you fly coming home? I think it's funny when people are afraid of propeller planes. Back when the jet first came out people were afraid of planes without propellers.

Jamesbo if it was an Irish funeral you would have been in fine form.

Scot the trophies look great. I'm off Saturday and I'm going to try my best to get to the festivities, but one never knows around here.

Clint glad the track day was a success. You're not a spring chicken? You're not as old as me, and I'm not old. Okay maybe I'm getting there.

John will you be driving up for the Fox come October? I had a favor to ask. A guy in Ponchatoula is selling 5 deuce and a half tires all mounted up. Would you mind bringing them to me? I'll have the guy wipe them down real good so they don't mess up the Camry

Work tonight. Three then three. Then three then two then five then three then four. Glad I got my schedule printed out so I don't get it messed up. I'd sure hate to go to work and not have to.

Have a good night everyone.
Old September 9th, 2013, 07:49 PM

Good evening everyone.

Another cool and cloudy day here today.

Well, another sign of the end of summer... bowling season started tonite. My first game was great (173) then it went downhill from there with a 127 and 118. In the end, my average for the night worked out to within a few pins of my finishing average last year.

Mike, what a schedule. I get confused when I have a short week due to a holiday.

Sandy, good to hear you had a good trip.

Scot, those are nice trophies.

Clint, after the last couple of days, I'd gladly take 21C.
Old September 10th, 2013, 03:43 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Paul. We know whats coming, so, I'm gonna take any warmth right now, that I can.

Scot, The reaction time trophy is my fav. Too bad I wouldn't have a chance in ever winning it. I have pulled a few good lights, but never a perfect one. Came close and pulled a .501 once. A girl I dated in high school used to have this little portable video game to help her with her R/T. You may have heard of her, her name is Melanie Troxel

Elsie showed up yesterday and dumped about .3" and then it rained again as I was doing chores. Then the thunder and lightning came in about bed time and it rained some more. Real nice to fall asleep to. Started spittin at about 2:50 this morning, then let loose at 3:15. She's still givin it heck. But you know what they say..."We need the moisture..."

Have a great day all.
Old September 10th, 2013, 04:26 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all....

Whelpt, was decent enough this morining; right about 70* on N. Shore. Then closer to 80* on S. Shore and over the water. Slim chance for Elsie for us for rest of the week.

Clint, is Melanie a famous drag racer or something? I don't guess I follow it much since the days of a scantily clad "Cha Cha" Muldowney graced the covers of all the hot rod magazines in the 70s. If it ain't her, Don "The Snake" Prudhomme, or "Big Daddy" Don Garlits, I prolly don't know him or her....

Mike, sure, I'll stack 'em on da' roof.... maybe I'll perch the kitties up there, like a crow's nest of sorts, and they can warn us of upcoming traffic jams . (But to answer your question, Yes, we're driving... first to Hiawassee, then up to Hotlanta.)
Originally Posted by slantflat
John will you be driving up for the Fox come October? I had a favor to ask. A guy in Ponchatoula is selling 5 deuce and a half tires all mounted up. Would you mind bringing them to me? I'll have the guy wipe them down real good so they don't mess up the Camry
Y'all have a great day, Oldsmobuds.
Old September 10th, 2013, 04:34 AM

Spose to be anuuter nice one

I wish I could play golf every day and not go to funerals. Some of dem get me down

Clint,

Does your burban have barn doors? The latch on de stationary door on mine went TU So, I pulled de inner panel and the lever that pivots the 2 pins up and down to latch the top and bottom has come loose from de latch. Is it held on with sum kinda C clip? I’m old and blind and can’t see $hit in there.

John,

Don’t ferget our home town favorite “Sneaky” Pete Robinson.

Mike,

I can’t bermember, Have we discussed de Dobb’s House at de old old [50’s] airport and their Black Bottom Pie, I made sum last weekend at it’s outa dis world. I can send ya de recipe if ya want [Do you cook?]

GTG check out de burban board and see WTF is wrong wit my latch
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:04 AM
CQR

Jamesbo, Why would you wish a burban on me? don't you think I have enough problems already? The rods can be held on by many different types of clips. Here are some popular ones.

Hope that helps.

John. Yea, she's gettin up there in age, and is having a hard time finding a ride. But to tell the truth she's much better looking now than back in high school. Her father was a top alcohol world champion way back. I guess she married some driver named Tommy Johnson jr. But they divorced.
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:23 AM

Tanks Clint, I had a feel'in it was a plastic POS
Old September 10th, 2013, 05:57 AM
CQR

The Burban or the clip?
Old September 10th, 2013, 06:00 AM

Welp, since de Burban is mostly plastic. BOTH

Did I ever tell ya'll 'bout my M38 A-1 dat I used to tow behind a CJ-5. De M38 A-1's paint weighed more dan the whole POS CJ-5
Old September 10th, 2013, 06:34 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Tuesday Mawnin All

Thanks for all the complements on the trophies. They came out nicely and were fairly easy to make. Most of the material used was just laying around collecting dust except for the two boards I used for the bases and the Hard Luck Award.

Troxel? Yes I am big fan and would much rather see her win anytime over any guys out there

Sandy come on down, you would be a shoe in for the long distance award

Mike you too, come on down for a great time at the track. Gates open at 1 pm Saturday

Jamesbo just took the doors off, that way it (the 'burban) is self cleaning whilst traveling down the Hot "Lanta Autobahn

Y'all have a wondermous day! Ya hear?
Old September 10th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Hot and very humid here today. Supposed to hit 92 or 93 degrees and break our record for this date. Of course by Friday it's going to be in the 60's. Nothing like abrupt temp changes, lol.

I didn't go to the Riverfront last night. It was very dark and cloudy and I didn't want to chance it. No rain around here, but who knows over there..... of course we have rain chances on Wed. and Thurs., both cruisin nights.

Mike.... I flew back on "Commutair.... dba United Express". I'm not nuts about flying, no matter what I'm on, lol.

Well I better do something, so I'll talk to you all later!!
Old September 10th, 2013, 12:39 PM

We, De kid wit de computer at de Cheby place wants me to ride up there [30 miles] to see if I can help him figger out which clip is fer a 98 Cheby 2500 burban stationary door lock.

Oh joy
Old September 10th, 2013, 01:12 PM
CQR

If its at the handle, I would guess its like the first one I posted.
Old September 10th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Running a little late this evening. I hope I'm not too late or I'll have to bring donuts into work.

Nice day for sleeping, though I feel like I slept pretty light today. The dogs didn't come to get me any more than usual.

Jamesbo there's any number of Suburbans and Tahoes in the junkyard here by me. You should take a ride down here, pay your two bucks, and enjoy a day of looking around. Heck that's a no-brainer if you're driving 30 miles to look at a computer screen.

Sandy by and large airplanes are rather safe. Sure the odd thing happens here and there, just like in a car or train or whatever. It is not in the best interest of the airline to kill off its passengers.

We may have discussed Dobbs house before, but I don't specifically remember Black Bottom Pie. The recipe does sound good. I don't cook for the most part, being the only one here there's no need to make a big mess just for me.

Okay I'm hitting the road. Have a good evening everyone.
Old September 10th, 2013, 06:48 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. Hot here today in the 80's, feels warmer today than the whole month of August. This week the kids started to get homework, and the 5th grade stuff is unbelievable. Gee, did not think I'd be spending so much time doing this.

Sandy- I hear ya about winter. I'm not sure what this means, but my oak trees have been dropping brown leaves now for a month. Don't ever remember that happening before but I hope that does not mean we're in for it this year.

Scot - nice trophies. I think there all great, especially the reaction tree.

Have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old September 11th, 2013, 04:06 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Chilly this morning, bout 59F and still kinda rainy. We've had about 1.5" of rain in the last 36 hours. May not seem like much to you easterners, but we only get 16" per year on average. Not supposed to really dry out till Monday.

Gonna need to get into work early today. Hired a new kid yesterday, and need to get things lined up.

Have a great humpday all.
Old September 11th, 2013, 04:47 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter nice one

Mike, Why would I want a used junk yard POS plastic clip when I can drive to de Cheby store and get a brand new POS plastic clip.

I thought 'bout cha when I ate my big ole bowl of grits wit choppped sausage at de Midway Meal house. It puts de Awful house to shame. Plus fer lunch de got fried chicken liver, mashed taters wit gravy and pole beans.

Thanks Clint, I think it's one of the 1st 2 ya posted pics of, I'm pretty sure.

Hope your new helper werks out. Jes tell him like I told de guys I hired to lay sod. "Green side up"

Isn't it odd, between the NAPA store, de Cheby dealership and de Burban Forum, I get mo help on CO

Scot, I like your idear of leaving de doors opened to clean the Burban out BUT, By de time I got half way down the Alpharetta Autobauhn, it'd look like de Alamo with Amigos pick'in up tools and $hit all over de highway dat blew out de back.

I jes remembered dares a Cheby dealership in Roswell...... I don't have to drive to Cumming [real name of town] De used to be one on every corner but these days, there hard to find anymore.

Welp, Have a great day Olds friends Sunlights burn'in.
Old September 11th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Captain Starfire

Happity.... (well, y'all know the second word)

Copy & paste day in da' swamp. Humidity seems to be getting kicked up a notch, a la Emeril.

Clint & Jim, that second clip posted looks like the miserable POS that Chrysler used on their door latches when I was working at the Chry-Ply dealership in the late 70s. There was a huge recall campaign on the Dodge Omni / Plymouth Horizon that required a modification to one of the latch rods; I did more of those things than I care to remember. The rod became unseated on countless of them before the customer ever made it off the showroom floor .

You might actually be able to find one of those in the "Help" section (if they still exist) or behind the counter of your friendly local AutoZone, which in my limited experience is far superior to Peppy Boys or O-O-O-O'Reilly.

Originally Posted by CQR
If its at the handle, I would guess its like the first one I posted.
Ever eat the fried chicken liver dinner at Cracker Barrel? It's one of the joys of life.... especially w/ the mashed taters + seasoned greens. Each batch is fried to order.

Y'all have a great camel-back day...

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 11th, 2013 at 05:52 AM.
Old September 11th, 2013, 07:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Hot and humid here again, high's today getting up to 91 they're saying. It's 82 now. Didn't quite break a record yesterday, it was 94 around here. I know I had a hard time breathing when I was outside at lunch yesterday. I took my lawn chair and laid under a tree in the shade, but the humidity was just sooo high! I don't know how you all do it in places that stay so humid. I couldn't do it. Anyhow, by Friday we're only going to be in the 60's. I hope the storms they say we could get later this afternoon, hold off, so I can go to Chick Fil A.

Darrell..... I hate to say it - but I was reading the Farmers Almanac and they are using words like "piercing" and "bitter" and "biting cold" temps for the winter and lots of friggin snow. Just what I didn't want to know, lol.

I guess Brian is on his way back. I think he should work out of his house, lol. That way the work gets done and we don't have to listen to him talk and repeat everything all day long. He said he might come in to the office later, depends on how many stops he makes. Steve said he doesn't look for him to come in, lol.

So Nicole got a key to the Animal Hospital! They must really trust her, which is a good thing. She is still saying she likes the job, and that the doc likes her. Hopefully this is a keeper! In 2 days it will be a whole month since she started there!

Hard to believe it's been 12 years since 9-11. I remember what a gorgeous day it was, the skies so blue.... what a tragic thing. I didn't watch TV last night to see what was said about the Syria thing. I think we should stay out of it. Nuff said!!

There's going to be a car show here in Twinsburg this Saturday that I think I will go to. We never have shows around here this close, lol. Our shows are now getting fewer and far between. I'm mad cause on the 22nd there's the BOP show over at Summit Racing, The Ravenna Balloon Affair show, and Pop's Brimfest show!!!!! I was going to go to the BOP show until I found out that the Balloon Affair show was the same day. I'll probably go to that one, cause Joe and Pam are putting it on, and I like their shows. They do so many of them in Ravenna. They gave me my first trophy. Gotta support them! And Kenny likes my car.....

Jamesbo.... When do I cut the pumpkins off that vine?? They're all orange now, and the vine is dying off at the first end, but it has new leaves and bloom at the other end of it. I cut down all my dead lilies last night and was wondering about that vine. I didn't get one single pumpkin out in the garden where I planted the seeds. Lots of vines and bloom, but no pumpkins. My maters are turning red out there, but they seem soft instead of firm? I don't know. I picked one of our Bartlett pears and munched it last night. We have a lot of pears, but they're all deformed looking. Taste ok though. The limbs on the pear trees are hanging way down from the weight of all the pears. Didn't get any grapes this year. They're all dead, hanging on the vines. Just black and dried up. The have black rot of some kind on them. Just terrible. They were sooo good last year!

Guess I will go up and take Lin shopping tomorrow night if it's raining and I can't go to Bellacino's. I hope the rain holds off.....

Well I better do something, so I'll talk to ya later. Have a good hump day!!
Old September 11th, 2013, 09:36 AM

Well Sandy, How 'bout a knife OR of course ya could get Peter Peter to jes gnaw dem off.

Well, Guess what, There is no clip holding the pivot piece to de handle. Sum GM “engineer” made de thing in one frigg’in $80 piece. I shoulda jest put the thing one an welded a washer over de post. But know’in my welding skills I would welded the whole door locked while opened. After I clean it out going down de highway as Scot suggested, I coulda shut it with a bungee cord.

Whilst I was at de Cheby place I go ta yack’in with my new best friend [the parts manager]

I’ve got a small power steering leak and fer reasons I don’t really fully understand, the power steering pump assist the power brakes. Evidently, there about 5 or 6 options fer des boosters depending on ½, ¾ ton, 2 wheel or 4 wheel drive, engine size gas/diesel etc. ad nausium. Naturally, de one on my burban DR 7 { I think] is de most expensive.

Fer de life of me, I can’t imagine how power steering fluid and brake fluid go into de same booster.

De want frigg’in 800 bucks fer de booster. I’m try’in to figger out a way to jes sit a 50 gallon drum of power steering fluid on de top of de Burban. And jes keep it topped off. Fer 800 Bucks, I’m good fer a few years.

Well friends " Like sands thu de hour glass" so is de exigency de jour
Old September 11th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Is it that day already? Hmm, I just call it the day after yesterday and the day before tomorrow. Names of days are starting to lose meaning to me...Must be getting dimensional or is it dementia?? Maybe both

Jim - y'all keep remindin folks bout de green side of de grass. Or iffn its dead grass 'fluffy side up'. If its dead lookin? Send it ta Clint - dey gots lots of water to rejuvinatit. An hear I thot rejuvinatin was to rehab sum of them yung punks what need it so despretly.

Scot - getting close to the RWYB huh? Hope it goes smoothly for ya bro!

Clint - hope that new kid actually knows what he's doing. Nothing worse than hiring someone who's s'posed to have skills then needing to babysit and make sure the works done right the first time.

Well, a beautiful day is happening outside so I guess it's in my best interest to go out and enjoy it. They don't stay nice like this for long. Gotta come up with a plan for the anniversary in a little over a week. Dang! The missus is working that day too.
Old September 11th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Humpin' Day everyone.

I tell you I could really get used to these nice days. Bright sunshine really lifts the spirits.

Jamesbo, 80 bucks for the locking rod? THAT is why you get one from the junkyard. You could probably get 80 rods for that and all's you'd have to do is get good at changing them. You must have a pretty heavy duty Burb. That sounds like a HydroVac you have. Hydra? It doesn't run on water.

Green side up? That reminds me I was in some car chatroom once and this guy said he had to go, he was a truck driver so keep the shiny side up. I said, in my business I want to keep the shiny side down. I said that because Delta still had shined up metal for the bottom of the plane instead of paint. Well this guy got all mad and said I must want him to crash. Odd.

Sandy glad Nicole is doing well. The doctor that likes her, is this the same doctor that was rude and short with her in the beginning that Nicole wanted to tell off? I'm glad things are getting better. She'll be in surgery before you know it.

Clint hope the new guy works out.

John, my Mom likes fried chicken livers. I don't think she's a fan of the greens, though. I tried greens once, I thought I was eating grass. Maybe I didn't use enough butter. Odd, that's what people say when I say I don't like grits. Use more butter.

Well Friday is upon me. I drew the short straw again and have one of many bad leads tonight. Maybe I'll be able to get a nap in during break so I can stay up tomorrow. Have a good night everyone.
Old September 11th, 2013, 06:52 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Hot and steamy here today, got up to 88. Sweatin like a pig in a slaughterhouse.

TQuestion for everyone here: I talked to a guy today who said he was interested in buying the Eldo. I have it listed for $6500 OBO, in really nice unmolested condition but the original paint is cracking. He told me in order for it to be worth it for him, he'd have to buy it for $3400. ???? Not sure what people are thinking, maybe I'm asking too much but I priced it through NADA values? What do you all think? Here's the link:

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...r-6-500-a.html

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Jamesbro - I here ya about the amount of help you get on this forum compared to others. People here are definitely more helpful than in other places. Can you find a good used booster on ebay to save some $$$. Hope you can get your 'Burban fixed.

Y'all have a good night!
Old September 11th, 2013, 09:13 PM

Ya know, people will always find fault with a car in order to justify a lowball offer, and frankly I blow them off, they are the kind of people who want something for nothing, tell him that you are willing to drop a little ( I assume that you have a set "low as you'll go price") but I wouldn't cave in to him. Wait for a fair offer. Jamesbo, time to hit the local yards or Rock Auto to see if you can get a better price.
Old September 12th, 2013, 04:24 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be anuter nice one today

Mike, It isn’t de locking rod it’s de handle with de spring with the lever thingy dat pivots and attaches to the 2 locking rods. I thought ‘bout cha when I heared the price. I figger Milton to Stockbridge is 80 miles X 2 [cause I gotta get home] @ 10 mpg = 16 gallons @ $4.00= $64 So it was a close call $$ wise.

I’m gonna do some else bout the hydra booster or de Burban is totaled.

John, Whatcha think ‘bout sum one not like chicken livers, grits or greens. Maybe Mike needs to bring a brown bag from de Awful House when we eat at Mary Macs. Don’t want him starv’in and his stomach growl’in during the Cyclorama tour.

I really do like de Burban a lot but it’s jes got too many plastic parts. I think I told y’all I yanked my tractor outa de mud with it not too long ago wit it. It’s a pretty heavy duty 2500 model wit all de tow’in bells and whistles. I once pulled my trailer wit 2 pallets of cement blocks, a pallet of Motor mix and a pile of sand wit no problem.And pull’in a Masey Ferguson wit attachments is no problem at all.

Speak’ in of Burban Cluster Phuques. Bout 10/15 years ago, my ex decide I needed a step on de drivers side of my old Burban. Some yahoo she hired ran a screw right under de door sill plate. Guess what? Dat’s where de whole wiring harness [about 4” thick wit about a zillion wires] goes from de front to de back. Man oh man What a mess dat poor guy made.

Welp, Gotta get crack’in

Have a great day Olds friends and tanks fer all de help
Old September 12th, 2013, 04:28 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, Altho I hate to work on the 4.1's that is a very nice car. I wouldn't let it go for that cheap. It is going to be a limited market of buyers, but I would hang out for a better buyer.

Mike, Thanks Received in one piece, just a little damp due to my antique mailbox.

Allan, The kid has made it 2 days and so far seems to be ok. He went threw school and did marginal, he has been working for a Big O tire store for the last year, but has been very limited on what they allowed him to do. He is VERY green, but the plus side to that is I can train him how I want him. He will be fine for oil changes, tire work etc, and then we can move him up to bigger things slowly.

Jamesbo, The hydroboost can be rebuilt/resealed or you can get a reman aftermarket. A1 Cardone and Crown are builders that offer reman units. I can look up to see what they should run if you want to give me the specifics. DR7? is that the RPO code for the power steering?

Sandy, I'm happy for Nicole. I'm glad she seems to be liking it.It's great that they trust her with a key to the place. Here's hoping it continues.

John, all the mfg's still use clips like that. GM on the tailgates of the PU's have those clips and they are constantly breaking. And there is a clip for the left and another clip for the right. They are color coded red for one and green for the other And they are different prices? And list out close to $10 each.

I used to eat poultry organs as a kid, but with age comes wisdom.

I got to see the promo of the show with the pic of Brittneys behind. For 46 years old, she's still pretty sexy back there. If it doesn't lighten up a little I'm not going to be able to take her to the premiere party. I'll have to hop in the jet ski.

Rained all night last night. Not sure how the shop is doing, but I did get some alerts on my phone last night. (I've never gotten those before) This rain is unreal. We just don't see this type of moisture, especially this time of year. Some places north of here near The Peoples Republic of Boulder got up to 6 inches of rain last night. They're reporting that a structure collapsed and killed someone, and a lot of streets are flooding and a bunch of people are being evacuated.

Welp, just lost all the local channels on the TV. Oh, well, Have a great Thursday all.
Old September 12th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Always room for one more

'Morning everyone.

Not a bad night at work but long and drawn out. Plus we have this audit going on and all the management types are pulling their hair out and screaming at everyone about little nitpicky things. Well, this is the second go-round for the audit(we failed the first one) so I'm guessing if we fail again someone gets fired.

Jamesbo if the Burb is totaled sell it to me cheep. I want the rear air and the wheels. Is that all Mary Mac's serves is chicken liver and greens? My Mother raised me to be polite so I'll keep my faces to myself.

Clint all your rain is my fault and I'm sorry. I yammered so much over the summer about hating rain it all went up your way.

Darrell tell that guy to go pound sand. If you sold it to him for that I guarantee he'd turn right around and sell it for the price you're asking now or more. Nice looking car by the way. I didn't know it was the sport model.

John I finally heard from your friend. I'm going to reply back to him this morning. Thanks for running interference for me.

Looks like it's going to be another beautiful day here in the Greater Stockbridge Area. Hope I don't sleep too long and waste it all. Got plenty to do.

Have a great day everyone.
Old September 12th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, hombres y muchacho...

Just hit "Paste" today.... nudder typical September morn, not to sound like Neil Diamond.
Just had an apple fritter from Heavenly Bake Shop in Hiawassee fer my nutritious breakfast.... they don't come no mo' better dan dat. Da 'better half' freezes them before driving home and sticks 'em in an ice chest, and they travel like a dream. Now we got blueberry muffins, apple fritters, long johns, and cinnamon buns. Life is good (and so is pastry).

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
He told me in order for it to be worth it for him, he'd have to buy it for $3400. ????
Darrell: Tell the jackass to take a long walk on a short pier. Given the pics, your description, and those NADA values, it sounds to me like it's a deal at $6500. I'd certainly hold out longer if at all possible, if I were you.

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
John, Whatcha think ‘bout sum one not like chicken livers, grits or greens. Maybe Mike needs to bring a brown bag from de Awful House when we eat at Mary Macs. Don’t want him starv’in and his stomach growl’in during the Cyclorama tour.
I dunno what we'd do wit somebody like dat, Jamesbo. IMHO, somebody's IL roots are showin'.... Might have to find a Steak'n'Shake to-go on the way to da' Cyclorama.
I ain't met a "green" I didn't love. But then again, nobody ever accused me of bein' a picky eater (Cajun roots showin').

Originally Posted by CQR
I used to eat poultry organs as a kid, but with age comes wisdom.
You killin' me, Clint . You have a healthy dose of worms every morning, and yet, shy away from a chicken gizzard?
Sure hope things dry up over there a little; sounds dire in Boulder. I always remember that as the business HQ of Car and Driver.
If "the kid" is honest, has an iota of common sense, and is willing to work and learn, that's 90% of the task, IMHO. Hope things go great w/ him.... we're all pulling for y'all.
BTW, what's this all about? http://finance.yahoo.com/news/colora...152851180.html

Sandy, we're pulling for you & Nicolle, as well! Might be the start of something really good, although I'm sure you're hesitant to count any chickens at this point. But hope springs eternal in the human heart....

Mike, glad you heard from Pete. I just had to stay after him a bit. I think it will be worth it; he's forgotten more about all that stuff than I'll ever know. BTW, I got to see the "new" Stag a couple weekends ago... what a cool car! You really have to see it to appreciate it. He has a couple rough edges in the interior, but what a statement it makes rolling down the road w/ that V8 exhaust note and the beautiful magenta...

Y'all have a great Thursday, Oldsmobuddies.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 12th, 2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old September 12th, 2013, 05:15 AM

OOOOOOPS It's a JD 7
Old September 12th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Well Elsie is visiting us this morning. It just started raining. We were under storm alerts all night, but it didn't look like it rained at our house any overnight. Temps in the 70's right now, still humid. This is the start of the cold front coming through. Tomorrow only up to 60 if we're lucky!

Went to Chick Fil A last night. Not very many cars at all. I guess they are getting upset that people aren't coming in and buying their food.... I haven't ate the last few times I've been there - sometimes I'm just not hungry. Especially when it's very hot outside. I just don't feel like eating, so I don't. Who knows, they might do away with the cruise. They need to move it to Tuesday nights. I know we'd get a whole lot more cars....

Clint..... We have the Velocity channel! It's channel 281 here on Direct TV. I set the DVR to record the show tomorrow night. I'm excited to get to 'meet' you, lol. I'm not eatin any chicken innards either...... yuck! Hope you all stay safe in all that rain. I saw the flooding out there. Terrible.

Now, I do be loving me some greens! We get them in NY when we go, and of course they have a layer of cheese on top of them. I grew up eating greens. Mom used to have us pick dandelion greens and she'd cook them too.

Mike.... yep. This is the same job that Nicole was complaining about on her 2nd day - the doc was 'ordering' her around and she didn't like that. She sure is liking the paycheck now though.

Darrell....hang out for a better price on your car!!!!!!

Brian made it back here at 2:30 yesterday afternoon. Back to the usual in here now. For 3 days, no one touched the thermostat and it was soooo nice. Very stuffy in here now for some reason......

Well you all have a good day.
Old September 12th, 2013, 05:57 AM
GM Enthusiast

I was definitely put off by his offer. I know that it is an 80's car (not much value in them yet), it has the 4.1, and the paint is a 10 footer, but to find a garaged well preserved car like this is almost impossible given the way most people abuse or treat their cars. I am definitely going to hold out for a better offer, given its limited market appeal, I may be waiting a while though.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I appreciate it. Have a great day.
Old September 12th, 2013, 09:37 AM

Fried gizzards...yum!
Old September 12th, 2013, 06:51 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Another hot one here today in the upper 80's with the humidity to match. Supposed to cool off tomorrow, had some wicked t-storms blow through here about an hour ago.

Well, an update on the Eldo. The guy called me again today, I basically told him I was insulted by his low ball offer. He told me he has been looking for this particular car for a while and knows where the market is for it and offered accordingly. Eventually, he came up to 4k which I still thought was too low.

So tonight I scanned ebay for sold Eldo's from 82 to 85. Most did not sell but the ones that did sold in the 3-4k range, and were pretty nice. Really shocked by that but it gives me something to think about. If I can get him up another 500, maybe I should just call it a day. I have had it up for sale now for a month, he is the only one calling me. Decisions, decisions. I'll keep you all updated.

Well, have a great night Oldsmofriends.
Old September 13th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning all!

"Cut and paste day" here in the Greater Stockbridge Area. I'll take it. I didn't have to mow yesterday but got a lot of trimming done. Big improvement. I also found out there's a huge wasp nest inside the air conditioner. Got a lot of them with some spray but I don't think it got them all. Glad I saw them before they got me.

Darrell that's a kicker finding those values. If that's the going rate, then I guess what can you do. If the guy really wants the car then he'll come up with the extra 500. If he doesn't, then he was just yanking your chain anyway.

Sandy, perhaps the "stuffiness" isn't due to the air conditioner. Maybe it's just the aura that surrounds Brian.

John my project has screeched to a halt. I emailed Moss Motors and asked some advice, and they said no way will a TR6 motor bolt up to a Spitfire trans. Glad I didn't go buy a bunch of stuff. So back to the drawing board.

Well the Awful house awaits. I think I'll do a bunch of little things today. Visual progress does wonders. Hope no one is taken up with superstition today. Have a good one everybody.
Old September 13th, 2013, 04:46 AM

Mawn'in all

As Mike said, Cut/paste Blue bird day down ere

Clint, Y'all got a mess go'in on out dare. Hope you're high and dry.

Mike, I REALLY need a program to keep up wit all your cars. When did you get a Spitfire? I musta been asleep dat day.

Darrell, Try'in to sell a car is de Biggest PITA. I'd make em come to your price.

Sandy, Did yo Mam make Poke Salad too?

GTG headed to de mountains. Enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old September 13th, 2013, 05:06 AM
CQR

headed into the shop if they will let me into town The creek rose 1.5 feet overnight. could get real interesting.
Old September 13th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Captain Starfire

Friday at last....

'Bout time...

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Fried gizzards...yum!
Add hearts & necks to the list, too... Too bad the Sam's birds I buy are devoid of those delicious morsels....

Originally Posted by slantflat
John my project has screeched to a halt. I emailed Moss Motors and asked some advice, and they said no way will a TR6 motor bolt up to a Spitfire trans.
Sorry about that, Mike. So did Pete tell you different? I'm gonna' have a loooonnnng talk with that boy, as Jed Clampett used to tell Jethro.
Anyway, that's that much less on your "to do" list. (Sell the Amphicar to Jamesbo .)

Weather report: <Ctrl> C - <Ctrl> V
10% chance of bovine visitation thru entire weekend. But muggies are upon us. Let's keep that miserable depression in the Gulf south of the border. Spose to hit 93 today, but was a not-too-bad 70* at the Plantation this morning.

Clint, I'm really feelin' for you folks... hope you can make it to the shop... News this morning said 3 were dead and 1 missing near Boulder. And a lot of communities are totally isolated, due to roads that have disappeared. Please keep us posted when you can.... I have no desire to add fried worms to my list of delicacies.

So Darrell, it sounds as if NADA Blue Book was full of a big, smokin' crock? That's a shame. I guess if you really need to get rid of it, it sounds like you got a "live one," especially if he comes up w/ the add'l $500. Godspeed on the transaction, good buddy. What a nice car for that amount. I honestly think I could get that for my 194k-mi. Camry. What an injustice --> The market's a strange bird.

Y'all take care, Oldsmo-amigos.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; September 13th, 2013 at 05:45 AM.
Old September 13th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo I don't have a Spitfire. I'm trying to do something custom with the Amphicar but instead of getting sidetracked just because it's an Amphicar, I use the pseudonym "Spitfire" because the results will be the same.

John I got a nice email from Pete the other day. He didn't have a lot of information but said he'd help if he could. I forwarded Moss' message to him, I figured he'd find it interesting.

Clint just stay home.

Didn't stay too long at the Awful house today. Not much going on so I figured I'd come home and get going on my chores.
Old September 13th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold here this morning, temp at 56 degrees. Ain't gonna get much warmer today, lol. But it's dry air so it's refreshing. had some rain early this morning. We had storms rumble through last night.

Steve has on a long sleeve sweater shirt today. I'm surprised the AC is still on in here, lol.

Bellacino's was cancelled last night, even though the sun came out 4 ish and it was nice. I went to Ravenna and took Lin shopping. Got home about 10 last night and it was just starting to rain, wind was blowing strong. Made it in to the house before the storm hit.

Darrell..... I see that awful fire up there on the Boardwalk. Those poor, poor people! What a terrible thing to happen after all they've been through. I don't know if I would rebuild again or not.

Jamesbo.... no, mom never made poke salad. I don't know what that is... like chicken salad or something?

Clint.... You be safe out there!!

I'm trying to decide which show to go to tomorrow. There's the one in Twinsburg, one in Parma, one over in Lake Milton, and the Stow Glen nursing home one I usually go to. Haven't won at that one in 3 years... I just don't know!!!!! Sunday there is one over in Kent at a nursing home.

Well we must have got a little bonus this pay. When I checked online to make sure my check was in there, there were 2 deposits!! I'm surprised, as slow as it's been. So that will go in Teepos seat fund!! I really need to go get my eyes checked and get new glasses..... Hmmmmm.... Teepo.... glasses.....

Well you all have a great Friday!