The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 23rd, 2014, 11:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Congrats to Canada for capturing the gold in hockey. Looks like Canada has more gold medals than the US but the US has more medals overall than anyone but Russia. I haven't caught hardly any of the winter games on the tube, so what should I care?? It seems to have been poorly put together from what I could tell. The summer games is where it's at
Thanks Scot!

Gotta disagree with ya about how it was put together. The games were VERY WELL put together, ceremonies orchestrated, and the venues were nothing short of spectacular. I did catch a fair bit of the Olympics and I was very impressed with the overall games, comments by athletes and the general impression Russia gave its visitors. Yes there were some deficiencies in the accommodations, but almost every Olympics has had that problem to some extent.

You're kidding me right? What should you care? You should ALWAYS care about your country and how it participates / positions itself in world events. That kinda caught me off guard because I know you're a proud American. Olympic games are about showcasing/winning/losing/respect/sharing and building bonds. Ok, jumpin off that soap box now.....

The summer games? Yup, we'll go do some kick **** there too! But we're mostly a cold weather country as you probably already know.

The scoring system of medals is based on the value of the medals (not $$) but importance. That's why there's a difference in overall positioning. Russia finished 1st overall because they had the most Gold. Canada came in third overall because we have more Gold/Silver than USA even though our medal count was less. If we had 1 more Gold, we'd have been in second place because our Silver medal count was higher - even though Norway and Canada would have been tied overall in medal counts. Russia was the overall winner, and that's a clear reflection of being the home team. Canada did the same thing in 2010 - took 1st place with the most Golds and it was home turf for us. We've been slowly riding the wave to the top. Poutin spent a world record on these games to showcase modern Russia. Can't comment further because it'll get political.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:02 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Allan your right, I am proud American. Although I am VERY unhappy with the direction this regime is going. Nuff said 'bout that Basically what I meant by what do I care, is the fact that I didn't watch enough of it to matter to me on our behalf. Six to one half dozen to the other.

From what I saw, some of their courses were deemed too dangerous and like you said the accommodations were far from being ready for the Olympians. On top of that I saw construction still in progress, open manholes without being roped off and miscellaneous other hazards.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 01:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Naw, not anything worse than 2010 here, we had some bad hiccups too. Aside from politics I have to give them Ruskies a thumbs up on their hosting and prep overall. Keep in mind that the host country doesn't have all that much time to build facilities and complete all the necessary planning/infrastructure needed in the short time they get after finding out they're the host country. Let's call it good and move on to 2018. South Korea could be interesting - they're a fanatical people (in a kind sense) who will build and prepare like the Fins played for Men's hockey Bronze medal. Their facilities will be in a village about 60 miles from Seoul. Population will swell from only 44,000 to likely 1/2 million shortly as construction gets underway.
Old February 23rd, 2014, 07:15 PM

Good evening everyone.

While I was out yesterday, I noticed this on a hydro poll.

Attachment 165813

Spring is coming to an end up here. By the end of the week they are predicting temperatures as low as -20*C, and yesterday was positive single digits.

Today's hockey game was the first one I actually got to watch, and I'm glad I did.

Have fun at work Adrian.

Sandy, try to enjoy the nice weather before winter comes back.

Scot, thanks for the congratulations.

Mike, you have to start somewhere

Have a good week everyone!
Old February 24th, 2014, 04:21 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Paul Is that a snow owl? Sorry to hear its gonna get cold again. And why would it be called a hydro pole, if its carrying electricity?

Allan, Scot, I didn't watch any of the games. I don't watch much tv anyhow, but this year I really didn't take much of an interest in any of the sports. I do like to watch some of the Snowboard events. Just too busy I guess. I thought they would have lasted longer. It's only been 2 weeks right?

Adrian, sorry your 'Vacation' is over. Hope mom and baby are doing well.

Sandy, You're welcome. Hope you get to feelin better.

Mike, what rims are those? For the Cutlass? Hope you have a good vacation.

Well, went racing yesterday. I didn't think I'd do much as I was still feeling the effects of the bug I have, but went out and started a little slow, I was able to race pretty well. Real sore today tho. the wife broke the bolts on her rear sprocket again. She was on fire until then. The kid put her quad in a mud hole about 1.5 miles into the first lap.

So Now its a sore Monday. Back to the Grind.

Hope everyone has a Monday.
Old February 24th, 2014, 04:46 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to hit 62 today

Zo, I'm off to smacky whitey 'round

Clint, Thanks fer de nice gift. I'm kinda fond of February

Allan, I'm gonna stay outa de olympic debate. Cause I once paid good money to go see Roller Ball [ONCE] I never can remember if Joanie Weston or Big Bertha was # 747Just curious. Do you like watching The Masters"

But I like to quote Carl Jung. "The shoe that fits one foot pinches another"

Sandy, I hope ya have a good week.

GTG Olds friends Whitey awaits
Old February 24th, 2014, 05:36 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Hoped it would get a little better than 62 today but I'll take what I can get. The sun is out.

Clint I have about two dozen scrap tires and wheels sitting around that I need to dismount. I take a couple now and then to the tire place and they keep the tires, then I blast the rims at work and prime them, you never know when you're going to need a rim. These two this time were a steelie that was the original spare for my grey parts van, and a truck rally that was on the blue van. One of these days I'm going to get around to getting a set of SSI for the convertible. The 15s I have on there now rub.

Yesterday was my first day off, and since I was able to get up early, I got lots done. I hope the momentum keeps up. Today I'm going to start cleaning up the "new" rear axle I got for the white Suburban. I've had it a couple years anyway, it needs to be rebuilt and I have new parts to convert it to 2.76. That's what's in the front. I need to figure out what I want to do for the middle(I don't know what that's called) so I can also have posi. I bought a Detroit Locker for it years ago and then promptly lost it. I don't know much about axles. I want my 4 wheel drive to be at least 3 wheel drive.

Well Awful house awaits. Have a good Monday everyone.
Old February 24th, 2014, 06:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Sunny and in the 20's here this morning. Not gonna warm up much.

Wish we'd have temps in the 60's.... it would feel like July lol.

I'm feeling somewhat human this morning. Ate some cereal that tasted okay. Didn't attempt coffee.... I had a glass of milk with chocolate syrup last night and it tasted wonderful! Larry made chicken stew and I ate a bowl of it. Losing taste really is the worst. The aches are subsiding some today.

Looking at Cruising Times, there are 2 shows that are both going to be on the 5th day after chemo, in may and in June. I may have to teach Nicole how to drive Teepo! I'm not missing the BOP in June!!!

Back to work today. Quiet in here. Gonna be a long one....

Clint... I thought TWD was pretty good last night.

Have a good Monday all.
Old February 24th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Captain Starfire

Monday Monday... can't trust that day

Hi, gang. Balmy down here in the swamp -- but thank God for the swamp -> froze my keester off in MN off this weekend looking at my "new" GS.... Was 0 at night w/ highs of 13 & 14. Left just in time to beat the "real" cold... spose to plunge deep into negative territory today and this week. Praise the Lord.

We did the requisite paperwork and funds xfer; now I have to register it (and pay miserable taxes) in the Great State of Louisiana.

The GS was pretty much what I expected. It's a very lo-mile 42 year old car that's NOT been in a climate controlled garage its whole life. Current owner -- even though he's a Poncho guy -- was great to meet and hang out with. After all, I AM B-O-P ;-)

Good news is I do think the color will be fine... it's actually pretty cool... kind of like a baby with big ears: gets attention and is "cute" in its own peculiar way. (It still wouldn't be my first choice, tho'.) Will really look nice when I get "Coppertone" the way I want her. God only knows when that will be. I can't find anybody I like to work on her at the moment, so I'm having her shipped directly to me as soon as the transporter is available and can access the guy's property. It's like the tundra up there. (Thank goodness the car has never actually been on the MN roads.)

Don't know if y'all heard anything about the weather & road conditions in MN near Twin Cities for last few days. I feel I've crossed over to some new stratum in driving... in short, it was a harrowing experience!! I don't look forward to ever doing this again. Never in my life driven on roads with that much standing ice. It was worse than driving in the rain on my motorcycle.

It was so frigid up there that my camera wouldn't work outside.... I couldn't take any pics of the car in the garage; Unfortunately, I had put my travel bag in the trunk of the rental car and it pretty much froze. You don't think of stuff like that being born & bred in da' Big Eezie.

Ice was inches thick in every car's wheelwells. It grinds on the wheels whenever you turn. I don't think they even need radiators up there. Just a working heater core is adequate. ;-) I'm sure Clint and Allan are laughing... and Sandy, you've seen yer share, I'm sure. And Sandy, glad you're moving in the direction of "human." That never hurts!

Jamesbo, hope you whackum good today, at least one level up from "goat."

Scot, surely you love our current elected national officials, huh? ;-)

Mike, I don't think that yellow is the B.S. yellow I described. See pic... more like a canary, I'd say. Not too bad... especially if it's the factory color, w/black interior. Maybe worth considering?

Adrian, how's the augmented family coming along? I gather pretty well....

Clint, are you feeling a little better? Your malady sounds way worse that what I had (mild sore throat and light cold for a few days). Didn't sleep worth a plug nickel over the weekend, but I'm doing much better regardless. I think my germs froze to death....

I drove like a banshee from Staples to airport yesterday, but still missed my flight home; I didn't check in on line and got to the airport half hour B4 flt departure, which was too late.

The bad part is that I was delayed over 3 hours and got home at 1 a.m. this morning. Good part was that I didn't need to spend another night in the Arctic, and the rescheduled flights were half full (empty?), so I got an emergency exit aisle all to myself from MN to DFW, TX... On the 2nd leg had my own "sofa," but no legroom, as usual.

As long as I'm in one piece and survived my own priviate Hyundai Accent Iditerod, I'm happy!

Y'all have a great week start, Oldsmopals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 24th, 2014 at 10:01 AM.
Old February 24th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Always room for one more

John glad you made it home safe. An alternative route would have been Minniehopeless to Atlanta to New Orleans. Going through Dallas I'm guessing you were on American. Poor fella.

Here is the yellow that the TR6 is/was. Most of the white paint is flaking off and the yellow is rather apparent. Now I like bright yellow, but not this.

Does anyone know the trick to getting the parking brake cable off the backing plate? I'm getting the white Suburban's rear axle ready to be rebuilt, and these clips are kicking my ****.

Sandy I'm glad you're feeling a little better. Every little bit helps.

Okay back outside.

Old February 24th, 2014, 10:46 AM
CQR

mike is this the 3 barb style retainer? I grab the cable behind the backing plate with one hand, and push one barb in and push with the other hand then work to the next barb, and then push the cable opposite of the 2 barbs holding them in the opening and pry the 3rd barb. I hope that makes sense.
Old February 24th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Captain Starfire

Whoops!

Forgot to post the pic... mine looks a bit different from yours, Mike. So I'll sit on the side and shut my trap... (But yours does have more of a "B.S." tinge...)

I did wind up on American; this U.S. Air - American merger is a little confusing. I had booked everything with U.S. Air.
But we didnt' have a bad trip in the air. No turbulence anywhere, but landings going up on U.S. Air were smoother than those coming back (American). Strange. But if you book w/ U.S. air right now, you can get either USA or American.

I used to like the radio commercials for National Airlines when I was a kid. I also remember there was a huge "Jet Delta" sign on Canal St. when I was a kid and I thought it made no grammatical sense -- but I digress, as usual....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 24th, 2014 at 10:58 AM.
Old February 24th, 2014, 08:30 PM

Good evening everyone.

Monday is almost done, only 4 more days!

It is getting cold here again. Spring was nice well it lasted.

Clint, yes that is a snowy owl. They are not that common around here, but they seem to be visiting a lot lately.

The reason we call them Hydro poles is because a lot of power comes from hydroelectric dams. And it isn't just the poles, our local power company is Hydro Ottawa and the provincial power company is Hydro Ontario. See a pattern?

Mike, have fun with the Suburban.

Sandy, glad to hear you are feeling human again. And quit looking at the Cruisin Times, it's too early. Wait until tomorrow!

John, I'm laughing too.
Old February 25th, 2014, 04:07 AM
Captain Starfire

Yum.... chomp, chomp....
Oh, and i have a PB&J to eat after the worm ;-)
Whelpt, it's back to the salt mine. Brought better half to airport to go visit Mom in Peoria this morning, gettin' outta' Dodge during Mardi Gras.
Y'all have a great Tuesday, Oldsmobuddies.
Old February 25th, 2014, 04:23 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Paul I knew there had to be a method to the madness, your explanation cleared it up perfectly.

John, yes, thank you.I raced On Sunday and I think I kind of forced it out of me. I figured I was only going to ride one lap (7 miles) but ended up feeling really good after 2 laps. I went ahead and pushed through to the finish. Now it seems, since I'm such a sharing individual that my better half is coming down with it even tho she won't admit it.

Sandy, I liked the episode, But I'm still not sure about this new chick with the bare midriff and the hotpants in the middle of a Z.A. That seems kinda odd, even for this show.

Mike. These aren't too far away. Doesn't sound like a bad deal. LMK if you want me to go pick them up.
http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/pts/4319513186.html

Jamesbo. I figured you would. Miss Vaughn was gracious enough to let this group recreate that shot but she said only for the calendar. So thats why I didn't post it on FB. Those young ladies were very fun to work with and very easy on the eyes. I'm sure I looked like a creeper while doing the shoot. Now you can keep your frog sticker sharp. Sorry for it being more than a day late. That's just seems to be the way I am.

Dan, I hope its thinking about warmin up out there. We're spose to get 1-3" in the next 24 hrs. I guess winters not quite thru with us either.

Well I have to meet a guy this morning for some freon. He has about 10 cans. So even if I do have a small leak, it's keep me going for a few years. Hey Scot. Whats a pound of R12 going for around there? I know retail here it was over $50 a pound. I got all these for $18 each.

Well, I better go get the Chebby unhooked from the Toyhauler. The little girls colt is going in to become a gelding today

Have a Tuesday all.
Old February 25th, 2014, 04:55 AM

Mawn'in all

De cow is com'in dis mawn'in

Clint, I never watch TWD but while channel surf'in I came across de same babe. Almost made me a fan.

John, Is today Fat Tuesday?

Mike, I got a few exta 14" SS II [bolt on centrers] lay'in round if ya need some. and I got a great set of 15" [bolt on centers] if ya wanta take out a sewcond mortgage

Allan, Ya never did say if your enjoyed de Masters.

Sandy, Feeling human is not all it's cracked up to be. IMHO
Old February 25th, 2014, 05:57 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Rain on the north side of the city already, it's just a matter of time before it finds its way down here.

Jamesbo thanks but I'm holding out for SSIs. That's what my spare is and I'm guessing what was on it originally. Clint I think 15" anything with normal size tires would rub because they do now.

Clint makes perfect sense. But by the time I saw that I was sufficiently annoyed and moved on to something else. I'll give it a try this afternoon if the rain holds off.

John hope the better half has a safe trip to Peoria and a nice visit.

Sandy hope you have a good day today.

Thanks Paul. I was actually enjoying working on it until I tried to take apart parts that weren't meant to come apart. Patience isn't one of my strong points.

Time for the Awful house. Got a few errands to run this morning then it's inside stuff for the day I'm thinking. Have a good day everyone.
Old February 25th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Captain Starfire

Skinny Tuesday

Jamesbo, nope, M.G. is next Tuesday, 3/4. I'll have to go pick up better half from airport on that day, but there shouldn't be any problem whatsoever, since everybody will still be well east of the airport, in the city and Metairie, frolicking and getting wasted.

Thanks, Mike. Unfortunately, she caught my bug -- actually worse than mine -- but she's a stouthearted girl and marched on to the plane like a trooper. Hope she doesn't contaminate the M.I.L. Poor girl would really feel it at 89 y.o.

Found yet another aircraft mechanic on the Buick board. I'll do a little prying and see what I can turn up...
Old February 25th, 2014, 06:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Gonna be a nice one here today with temps in the low 70's, then rain tonight and get cooler tomorrow.

John I think you know the answer about how I feel about these elected officials At least I can say that Georgia didn't do it...

Clint the last time I had to buy R12 the price was at $38 lb. for the real deal we used to buy at Kmart for $0.98. I have about 5 lbs left for when I am able to restore my Cutlass. There are some drop ins for it but I don't think they work that well.

Today is the day we were supposed to have our pre-hearing, but as soon as I got out of my neighborhood the lawyer called and said my presence isn't required. So I turn around and here I am
Old February 25th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

In the teens here and we got about 3" of snow overnight. Lots of accidents this morning as the roads weren't treated cause we were only supposed to get flurries.

John... I loved your story about MN lol. Welcome to the world I live in. Ice and snow and cold. It is tiring...... There's soooooo much salt and crap on Tincanio. I cant wait till I feel good enough to get to the car wash.

Well today I have the bone aches and God do they hurt!!! My spine and hips just feel like lightening is hitting with each heartbeat. Its a very sharp pain, not just an ache. I took some Advil a few minutes ago. They started last night so I didn't sleep good. I'm afraid to ask what's next! I have 4 more injections to go for this month and hopefully it wont take long for the pain to go away. Surely it won't last? I really don't know.

So much for the power of positive thinking. I keep trying to convince myself it will get better, or I won't get a certain symptom, but I get shot down each time. I'm telling you a persons body isn't made for this shi*!!

Clint... I don't know much about Abraham and his group. They were in the comics though. I don't see how Eugene has a cure when the CDC said everyone is infected. I dunno. Part of the twist I guess.

Scot.. glad to hear from you! Hope all goes in your favor.

Jamesbo... I haven't got a funny card for awhile.... just saying!

Well you all have a good day.
Old February 25th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Great Scot,Scott,Skotte!!! Izit Tuesday already??

Yesterday was a bit of a dog. I was enjoying my 'day off' when a buddy of mine called and asked if I could fill in on his curling team. He plays in Men's superleague at the Saville and I've curled with him before. So I said sure. We played against Robb Krepps (who also has Kevin Martin's son Karrick on his team). Robb is the coach of both Team Canada's Brad Jacobs and Jennifer Jones. You might be getting the idea that I'm a good curler by now to be playing in that kind of league. Jokes on you - I'm not THAT good but I can hold my own. We did the Topgun Academy thing last night - crashed and burned. Although we started out well by taking a 2 point lead, everything went downhill after that. I couldn't understand Byron's calls as they all played right into Robb's strategy (winning that is). 11-2 was the final. Personally it doesn't matter to me because I played a great game and made most of my shots. What I'm not used to doing but can handle quite well is sweeping, and I did a lot of it last night. Dammit though!! I broke my broom handle - cracked in in 3 places last night so it's toast. A new replacement will cost somewhere around the 150.00 mark...

Jim - Ah does watch de Masters from time to time. Mostly ah gits diskapointed dat I nevr sees ya playin init. Seen sumovdem play like goats too. Yew shure yew wuzent in de Masters at sumpoynt?

Sandy - don't ask what's next. I don't know if you're going through short term pain for long term gain, but I sure hate hearing about the suffering. Hope it goes away soon.

Scot - Not sure if I would believe a lawyer if you know what I mean. Why didn't they need you? Did the P.O. concede they were wrong on the dismissal?? How's the new job search going? Haven't heard much about that.

Mike - I knew you couldn't resist heading back to A.H.

Hmmm, got a job offer from a guy I used to work with to develop a training program for his new company. I don't trust him though and I think I'll pass. From what we've discussed so far it sounds like he wants me to absorb the liability issues, which I'm not prepared to do on his behalf.
Old February 25th, 2014, 07:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Is the Bat-signal broken or something?? Can't believe how quiet this thread has been all day.

Old February 25th, 2014, 08:16 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hope everyone is doing fine, trying to catch up on all your posts to see what's new. To Allan's point, I haven't been on here that much lately either. I played tennis the last 4 days and haven't been able to stay awake at night.

Anyway, just been busy with work and projects. Just about finished rebuilding my lawnmower engine, my next project is the rear suspension on my 85 Riviera, bearings and bushings. Always something right? I'm in no danger of getting to the bottom of my "to do" list anytime soon.
Old February 26th, 2014, 04:52 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, My list expands faster than I can get to it.

Allan, We were just standing back to give you lots of room. BTW. What day is it?

Jamesbo, It will always be true, sex sells, especially to us simpleton males.

Sandy, I'm still glad they don't have the prison as a crutch. It's good seeing them out really having to 'survive'.

Scot. These are old cans from the 80's. The guy had the receipt in there. He paid $1.49 a can for them. He also thru in a can tap and 2 hoses. So now I have enough for Brit, the new Toyota and my wifes John deere.

John, Hope the missus shakes it off real easy.

We got a couple inches last night, but its spose to be a high of 50 today. So it should melt off pretty quick.

Have a Humpday all.
Old February 26th, 2014, 05:08 AM

Mawn'in all

Ain't got a clue 'bout de weather [an neither does the weather man]

Allan, Don't hold your breath wait'in fer me to play @ Augusta. I couldn't get in de place wit a crowbar.

Scot, Did ya get any good news?

Do any of y'all ever read Garden and Gun? No it's not about how to dead head roses wit a 12 guage.

John, I'm fraid, I'm gonna miss MG a-gain [Thank you lord]

Sandy, I wish I was closer, I'd cook ya up sum'in dat would taste real good.

Welp gotta get crack'in
Old February 26th, 2014, 05:17 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Humpday Mawnin All

It's Elsie time here in da South

Clint that's a good deal you got there brother.

Jamesbo apparently they couldn't come to an agreement so, either the judge will make a summary judgement on his own or we will go to hearing in March.
Old February 26th, 2014, 05:42 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning ones and all.

Scot's right, rain here in the south. It started about 330 this morning, guess how I knew. Hope it don't last long, my firewood needs to dry out.

Now that we're two months in to the year I thought it might be nice to get my calendars in order. Noticed something a little disturbing. I bought the TR6 on February 4, which is the same day two years ago that I bought the Rolls. I hope I have better luck with the TR6, after all they are both British cars.

Gotta get moving. Awful house then Wells Fargo then Walmart. Then it's inside stuff today. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:10 AM
Captain Starfire

Happity Humpity

Mornin', all... the folks in GA nailed my weather already; rained all bloody night and all the way in to work this morning. I got up late (5) 'cause I burned the candle on the front end last night. Didn't eat dinner until 8 after a visit to Aunt Jean (should've skipped the meal). But stayed up 'til 10:30 to allow a semblance of digestion before retiring, and to spend a little quality time w/ the ingrate kitties -- since their Lord & Master is in Peoria. They were a little grateful, anyway.

The airport is the closest I'll come to a pee-rade on M.G., Jamesbo. But I do love to stay up and watch the traditional "Meeting of the Courts" on live TV that night. It's the big ball at which the King of Comus (actually the first M.G. "krewe") and his consort meet Rex (the king of carnival) and his queen, the queen of carnival. Sounds hokey, but it's pretty fascinating when you think these blue-bloods have been doing this for 150 years. The protocol, customs, and tradition are as rich as Rockefeller.

Clint, the previous owner of my new baby didn't recharge the A/C (of course). But the compressor spins freely. I guess I need to decide what to do with it. I know its lifespan will be shortened for sure if I just leave it empty. Do you recommend converting, or trying to dig up some R-12 locally and hoping there are no leaks? ;-)

Whelpt, let me get rollin' -- I'm behind on my stair-walking already.

Y'all have a great (and dry) hump day, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 26th, 2014 at 06:15 AM.
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Cold and snowing here again. Temps at 13 and not going to move much the next few days. They said our temps the next 3 days will add up to 48 lol. Got a couple more inches of snow last night. Lake effect to kick in this weekend with a wintry mix. Joy oh joy...

Had to put on capris and t shirt when I got here. Fan is on. Too hot in here.....

Brian was traumatized on his way in by slow drivers and traffic. Everyone hes talking to is getting the rundown on that and the weather .....

Well the bone pain isn't as bad this morning and I am grateful. Water is starting to taste better. Supper sucked last night. Larry made poke steaks and taters and nothing tasted good. I ended up having a little leftover chicken stew. I hate this.

Gonna call Akron general this morning and pay off the port surgery bill. If I pay it before 3/3 its only $1546 instead of $1846. I transferred my savings to my checking so I could pay it. Don't have anything to fall back on now and it scares me. Guess it will all work out eventually.

Quiet in here. Will be another long day. I dozed yesterday afternoon lol.

Well you all have a good humpday.
Old February 26th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Captain Starfire

Sweet dreams, Sandy! ;-) You deserve it. Just watch out for the drool on the desk calendar -- might blur some of your appointments. BTW, better half said it was -2 in Peoria dis mawnin'.... Again, thank God for Louisiana....
Old February 26th, 2014, 09:03 AM

I gottta quit look'in at Craig's list

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/zip/4350877957.html
Old February 26th, 2014, 10:19 AM

Morning all, been a long week and it is only thursday

Tink is a little tired as I am not getting up in the night to help with Allegra now cause I need a good nights rest for work. I'm sure she will be fine

Hope your feeling better Sandy.

Well time to get going to work, take care everyone,

Adrian
Old February 26th, 2014, 11:37 AM
Always room for one more

Wasn't this place just written about here on the site somewhere? Found this in my daily email offering from Hemmings. Allan don't you live near here?

Sun is coming out but the temp is still in the 40s. Been doing some house cleaning after getting back home.

Adrian I hope the fam is doing well. When I finally get back to work it will feel like I never left.

Jamesbo with all those trees you have around you could have a birdhouse in each one.

John there must be something about airplane mechanics and Buicks. Although where I work it's mostly Chevelles and GTOs. And a few diesel Mercedes for those in the know.

Sandy there's nothing wrong with taking a nap at work. Ask anyone that works midnights.

Okay back to cleaning.

Edmonton, Alberta, 1950s

Daniel Strohl Feb 20th, 2014 at 12pm | 68 comments
I promise I won’t go snow crazy with carspotting photos like I did earlier this winter, but might as well post another one today with winter still lingering. This one from the late 1950s showing Edmonton Motors at Jasper Avenue and 115th Street in Edmonton, Alberta, comes from Darrell on the Vintage Car Showrooms pool on Flickr, and as we can see from the modern-day street view, Edmonton Motors is still around and still selling Chevrolets and Cadillacs. What do you see here?
Old February 26th, 2014, 12:59 PM

Mike, Dat's a great idear, wanta help removing de coon poop?
Old February 26th, 2014, 01:39 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Humpday isn't it??

Actually not bad here today. Nicola boom boom got it wrong. It's only -5 instead of the -24 she was saying would happen. Apparently the Polar Vortex took a detour and I'm happier den a pig in 'stuff'.

Just got back in from some errands with the Mrs. Went to get the tags registered for the cars. Prices have gone up so it now costs 170.00. Sheesh I bermember when it was only around 25.00 a car. But the good news! Not like when Jim or Mike went in. I opened the door to the registry and walked in. Jim - no lie, it was like a tomb in there. About 7 clerks sitting der bored out of der skulls. I was de ONLY one dere septin dem!! Took all of 2 minutes to process the tags and pay the lady. Good for another year. I'm so glad that the tags on the Cutlass are 'forever tags'. They never need to be renewed on an antique vehicle here.

Mike - nice shot of Edmonton Motors. The corner of 116th and Jasper is exactly where my silver car came from. In fact it was parked right where that white caravan on the corner is in the modern day pic. I just recently got an email from one of the guys here who had a car that was sold at EM. It still had its build sheet so I had him scan the sheet and send it to me. Fremont car - customer ordered Cutlass S with nice options.

Adrian - it MUST be a long week if you think it's Thursday....Still only Wednesday here unless I missed something and slept through a day???

Scot - kinda thought it would go that way. Hopefully the judge has his head screwed on right and arbitrates a decision in your favor. This has drawn on way too long. I guess that's the point of the legal process though - drag it on till someone gives up or dies???

Jim - ya should start hanging dem bird houses in de trees around de crypts..

Saw this in a email from a friend and it made me laugh. What 'cha all think? Irony or what?
Old February 26th, 2014, 02:08 PM
Always room for one more

Allan I hope they didn't use their own product on their packaging.

Jamesbo we can get out the pressure washer and the coon poop will be gone in a jiffy.

Adrian I remember my first week as a freshman in high school. The first day was Monday and it was rather trying. Tuesday I woke up for school and before my eyes were even open I thought, this better be Friday because it's been a long week. Imagine my surprise and sorrow when I found out it was Tuesday.

Have a good evening everyone. Rain is long gone from us but it's gonna be cold tonight.
Old February 26th, 2014, 07:51 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Well, another day, and the snow shovel is out again. Already talking about the next storm Sunday into Monday. Can hardly wait.

Despite the crappy weather, at least my business is showing some progress the last two months, which is good because the last quarter of 2013 was horrible. The only good thing I can say is that my tax return was bigger than usual.

Allan - yes that is definitely irony.

Clint- yes I always feel like my to do list is getting away from me.

Mike - that's a great picture. A good sized version would look nice hanging on my garage wall.

Sandy - hope you're feeling better, I'm sure the boss will grant you some freedom to take a nap with everything you're going through.

Have a good night everyone.
Old February 27th, 2014, 04:36 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike, what a neat photo. The older I get, the more I like things that used to be...

Darrell, good to hear things are picking up. The shop got hella busy this week, so much I can't park everything behind the gate.

Allan, That picture is funny. The days are starting gto get longer down here, so hopefully it'll soon work its way up there soon too. All the new snow yesterday is gone. It warmed up right nice yesterday.

Adrian, say hello to Friday for me. Seeing as how you'll see it long before I will.

John, I prefer R12 over 134A. It cools better and altho you can convert the old system over, It may not work quite as well. You should have a Cycling system which will be a little more fuel efficient than my old POA system. As long as I can pick up R12 for a fairly decent price, I'm gonna stick with it.

Jamesbo, Somehow my daughter got on Garden and Guns mailing list. I'm not sure what she did, but she is also getting a bunch of childrens magazines too.

Scot, Keeping our fingers crossed for you.

Scottwithtwot's, Where ya at?

Have a Day all.
Old February 27th, 2014, 05:51 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite chili in de sunny south dis mawn'in.

Gotta go to de big city and take a bud sum grub. He's not do'in well and needs to put on sum weight. Pot roast wit taters oughta help

Sandy, I would send ya sum grub but Larry might not like it

Clint, Tanks agai upon further [more sober] examination. I get it

Where de heck is 2 T's

Mike, I've decide what you need is a wife. I'll loan ya one dat'll come down there leave her $hit all ovwer your place, bitch about your cars, Tell ya what to do every minute and not give ya any.

Jes kidd'in, She's got a full time job up ere.

Welp, Got ta go gang. Have a great day

Old February 27th, 2014, 06:09 AM
CQR

Jamesbo, whatcha doing loanin out my wife?