The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 2nd, 2014, 10:20 AM

Morning all, cool this morning which is a welcome change.

Glad your feeling better Sandy. Have fun getting all your stuff backed up before you upgrade from XP

Monday morning here so off to work for me, take care all,

Adrian
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:49 AM
Always room for one more

Hey all

Been scratching around in the front yard a little, figured I could do that for a little while since I worked in the back yard yesterday. Got a question. What is thunder wood? There's these woody vines growing up the side of my pine trees and someone said it's thunder wood. Oh and not to throw it in the fire.

Over 70 right now. Love it.

Adrian I'll be over that way in a couple weeks. Flying into Sydney and connecting to Melbourne. Did you say you were 8 hours from Sydney?

Okay gonna work on the cars now.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 12:23 PM

Poison Sumac

http://poisonivy.aesir.com/view/comm...16&wid=279&sid=

I "THINK" the smoke can hold and carry the poison getting in someones eyes etc.

Yep, Here's more on the subject

http://www.teclabsinc.com/blog/2011/...on-ivy-and-oak
Old March 2nd, 2014, 04:10 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo I looked around and saw that first link you posted. Pretty much sounds like what I've got. Half my yard is wooded and overgrown and there's poison something all over. Trouble is I don't really know what any of it looks like and I'm all the time getting it on me.

Got the oil changed in the Saturn today. It should be good now until June when I change it again for the emission test. That filter is a pain. But there's no better place to put it with a relocating kit. At least I can get my hand up in there, I've seen some engines where the filter is inaccessible.

Nice quiet evening with the dogs. Really very pleasant out still. Hope everyone's week starts out good.
Old March 2nd, 2014, 06:54 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Hope you all enjoyed the weekend. Got my Cutlass out of the garage for the first time in 5 months yesterday. Drove it about 80 miles this weekend, I forgot how nice it drives. Figured I better get it out now before the next snow storm. Supposed to get some tonight into tomorrow but it was downgraded from 8 inches to 3.

Allan - thanks. I get my sales report for February this Wednesday. Hope I'll be able to confirm that it was a good month.

Mike - Hope you're ok and you didn't get poison sumac. I wish it was 70 here today, lucky if it is half of that.

Sandy - hope you continue to feel better. Yea I agree about what you said about a clean Ticanio, I hate cleaning my cars too right now and see it crapping outside again. Everything's so dirty with all the sand and salt on the roads here. There's so much sand on my street, you can barely see the pavement.

Well, have a good night Oldsmofriends.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 03:25 AM

Mawn'in

Worm Ta daaaaaaaa

Elise is visit'in de mountains. Had to give a friend a ride up from his Fridays doctors appointment. Beautimus drive yesterday. Felt like spring but de weather guy says more cold com'in in behind de rain.

Sandy, What I've been do'in is digg'in up Forsythia in de mountains whar I've got tons of it and tak'in it back to a fence lin along de cemetery. Hop'in it makes a wall of Yellar dis spring. I've got anutter doz plants id de truck now.

Mike, De used to say, "Leaves of 3, let it be" But dats really not a good way to tell. Put on sum gloves [if you're alergic to de stuff] and jes cut de root at de base of de tree[s]

FWIW, Your pups may be getting it [poison] on their fur and bringing it inside so you can pet them an catch it. Cold soap and water should help sum [ cold cause it keeps your pours closed.] Lucky fer me, [and my dad] I can't get it. My sister would look at de stuff and her eyes would swell shut.

Welp, gotta do an LA turn around and head back to de city

Have a great day Olds friends
Old March 3rd, 2014, 04:29 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo/Mike. Thats one good thing about living in the desert, not a lot of poison foliage around. On the other hand, the bad side is there's not a lot of foliage.

Darrell, you're not helping. I've been itching to get Brit out for a little romp. Maybe this week. Only supposed to dip into below freezing temps on Tuesday night this week. Otherwise spring is stopping by for a visit.

Sandy Welcome back. We missed you Glad you got to spend some time with Teepo. Thats some healthy therapy right there. Jamesbo is gonna be mad when he sees what Daryl has been using his 3 iron for!

Paul, I just saw a trailer for that movie. It almost looked like a fast and furious movie. Is there a lot of computer animation in the high speed driving? I would rather the car stunts be real. the F&F stuff looks so hokey.

Dan, The FIL bought Gravity in a 2 pack one was blu-ray and they don't have a blu-ray player, so they are giving us that one. Miss Bullock sure can turn my crank. Yee haa.

Allan, I got the Mazda going on Saturday. I didn't replace the Radiator but I did have to replace 2 welch plugs on the drivers side. I had to pull the exhaust manifold to get to the rear one. then I replace intake gaskets for the lean code it was setting. Rotated and lof'd it. Its nice getting back into that truck. it rides much nicer than the Yota's. Looks like I'll need to pull the passenger side exhaust manifold as I have a plug on that side thats a little crusty. I wonder what the Germans do to make their cast iron rust soo bad. Its always been an issue with those engine blocks all the way back to when they were 2.8 litres in the old Capri's and Mustang II's.

John, I hope Aunt Jean is faring well. My Great Aunt Doris had a party for her 90th yesterday. I havent been to her place since 82? My cousin and I were chatting on FB yesterday. He was gonna make the 1.5 hour trip to go see her yesterday. I was telling him about the last time we were there and how I remembered her deep **** carpet. Well he sent me pics of her deep **** carpet. Yuo she still has it. It kinda looks like the cat got sick. Orange and white and green.

Well, have a Monday all.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 07:15 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Sun and clouds this morning and temp is a whopping 7 degrees now! Cold is gonna stick around.

Next Sunday we set the clocks back up!!!!!!!! I love it! Then I can listen to Brian whine that he's not getting g his extra hour of sleep anymore...

We bought that Gravity movie on direct Tv last week and neither of us liked it very well. We thought it would be much better from the advertisements..... It could have been a whole lot better. Just my opinion.

Guess Nicole will be coming home tonight sometime.

Clint.... what'd ya think of TWD? I thought it was interesting to see Beth come out of her shell some and find out a little more about Daryls past. First time the show focused just on 2 characters. The Talking Dead afterwards was interesting with Beth and Daryl on it.

Jamesbo... I don't get poison ivy either. I still wear my gloves when I'm around it though. Larry gets it just by looking at it lol. I always remember the leaves of 3 thing, lol.

Darrell.... nice to hear from you! Teepo wanted to go out but too much snow in the drive and too much salt still on the roads!!

Well I better do something. Its real quiet in here today. Oklahoma emailed us that due to their weather they're not going to be doing a lot of shipping today and such. Guess its pretty nasty over there. Houston is supposed to have freezing rain tonight and tomorrow so they'll probably shut down. Who knows!

Have a great Monday all!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; March 3rd, 2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 08:30 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Been to the Awful house and back and the post office. Kind of a gloomy day here so it will be inside stuff for me.

Jamesbo I always wear gloves when I'm working in the yard, and long sleeves if I think about it, but I always get poison ivy on my wrists. Maybe I should get some duct tape and tape my sleeves to my gloves.

Time for the clocks already? I don't know why we can't just leave them be. Actually I think we should change the clocks once a month so it's always light at 9pm.

Clint I would love to live in the desert. Once I had this idea to move to Victorville, CA, and work at Southern California Aviation. Glad I didn't do that.

John how is Aunt Jean liking her new digs? When does the better half get back from all points north?

I think we're done with the rain. It started sprinkling around 6 this morning but didn't stay very long. Supposed to have the sun come out later this afternoon.

Well have a good Monday everyone.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 09:45 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Double Boger!!!
I never get de worm cause I don't plan to git up at 0 dark thirty ta git it. Sides, mosta youse guys live 2 hours earlier away from me... so I calls it de double boger. Mebbe only Jim will git dat.

Still kind of ugly up here with the weather.

Tim Horton's Brier started on Friday in Kamloops and I've been trying to keep track of the teams and standings the past few days. Not as good a field as previous Briers, but so far Jeff (fa fa) Stoughton is looking like the better overall performer. We'll see how it pans out.

Jim - I had to look up what forsythia is. Wow - that's a very pretty looking shrub! It'll give you some beautimus color to contrast against the green grass. So didja go out and whack whitey today?

Mike - Yuch. I probably would break out from touching that stuff too. So how do you get rid of it after it's been dug out by the root? Seems to me the only real way is to burn it?

Clint - Good on ya! Sounds like it was a pretty busy weekend. Lucky you to have a hoist to work on it though. I have no idea why German iron does that. Must be something they don't add to it when it's smelted. Kind of unusual for exhaust manifold to rust that bad though especially with the heat it endures. You gotta be kidding me. The only way to get at 2 plugs is to remove the e mans?? Sounds like a design deficiency. I know what you mean about the ride, one of my buddy's had a Mazda truck (SX??? the one with the cab extension) and it was really nice to ride in (for a smaller truck). Back seat was tight so it got used like a bunk.

Darrell - nice! You're living the dream that most of us only see in the summer!

Sandy - Didn't like Gravity? Must the the girl thing competing with Sandra Bullock... naw. Actually she wasn't the first choice for that movie but she did a great job and roped in a whopping 70 meeellyun for doing it. I think that makes her one of the top movie earners for 2013??
Old March 3rd, 2014, 10:25 AM

Clint, a week ago I talked to an Aunt of mine in Fla. (for the winter), and she told me that she was 90, I was surprised, thought that she was younger, and she is still sharp as a tack ( I hope that I have those genes), I decided that I would grab a couple of my siblings and go see her in Ferndale, Mi. this summer, as none of use is getting any younger.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 10:46 AM
Always room for one more

Allan if you burn poison ivy the toxin is in the smoke and can really do a number on people who breathe it. Imagine having that itching and blisters inside your lungs! I'm going to shred it and put it in the compost pile.

My Mother is the oldest person in our family now. She's 72. She hates when people bring that up. I agree, it seems a little insensitive to just come out with that.

I just noticed that today is 12 year that I've owned my DUKW. I've done jack to it. And it's also 5 years that I've owned my 57 Chevy. Done a little to it, currently it needs fuel lines and brake lines.

Working in the dogs' room today, trying to make it a little more fortified. Right now I'm waiting for the battery in the drill to recharge.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat

Time for the clocks already? I don't know why we can't just leave them be. Actually I think we should change the clocks once a month so it's always light at 9pm.

I could not Disagree more..
Seeing how I work for a payroll company this would be a complete nightmare.
I shudder even thinking of the thought..
Old March 3rd, 2014, 11:59 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, all... been piddling around doing little things; it's fairly cool outside now, but it was in the 80s yesterday; actually had the A/C on after the Camry sat in the sun for about 3 hours on the s. shore.

I go get the better half from the airport on Mardi Gras, Mike. And that's about as close as I'll get to a parade (nowhere near). Aunt Jean, being an extremely loquatious and verbose person, hates her digs... but I'm not surprised. It's a very nice place --but she's lonely. It's an inpatient hospice facility, and most of the residents there are pretty much out of it. There are only a couple days a week when none of us visit her, but she's a 'half-empty' kinda' girl -- always has looked at things from a negative perspective... She doesn't want to be alone at all, and I can understand that since she's never been by herself in her 91 years of life. But unfortunately, there's very little choice in the matter at this point. She's medically too complicated to be home, and unable to do anything whatsoever for herself. She would certainly be the "end" of my Aunt Carmy if she were "home." Once they deemed Jean incapable of rehabbing from the pelvic fracture, that was pretty much a life sentence. Now, it's aortic stenosis and CHF.

Don't know exactly what's going to happen now, but it ain't going to be a sweet end for her. She's not a happy camper. I go as often as I can. Aunt Connie was pretty much out of it the last month or so of her life, and she didn't seem to mind being by herself as much, even when she was "with it."

One day, you need to list the vehicles for us, Mike.... kinda' like what I'd like Sandy to do for her cast of characters. Me no can keep up with neither ;-)

Sooooo.... Hope the human feelings continue, Sandy. And hope the planting went well, Jamesbo.

Y'all have a great Monday, Oldsmobuds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 3rd, 2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old March 3rd, 2014, 12:48 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ahhh, Good to know Mike. I didn't think of shredding it. Will the toxin break down over time or will it contaminate the compost pile?

I just read on the web that the toxin can stay active for years even after the plant has been pulled up by the roots. I think I'd dig a pit and bury the stuff. You have that excavator don't you??
Old March 4th, 2014, 04:49 AM

Morning all
Who would have thunk I would have the worm today.
Old March 4th, 2014, 05:09 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili down ere dis mawn'in

A friend of de family passed away an was gonnna be sent back norte. I called around fer sum pricing on cremation to try to be helpful. It varies from $895.00 to almost $4,000.00 That's jes 4 phone calls so I really wasn't shoping hard.

It amazes me how little people know [or wanta know] about what the funeral homes charge.,

" Like oxen to the slaughter"

End of public service announcement.
Old March 4th, 2014, 06:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

A frigid 5 degrees this morning but some sun. I think this is the last of the arctic air for now. Oh I wish it would get warm and stay warm....

Quiet in here of course. And hot....

Nicole made it home last night about 11:30ish. She had a nice weekend. She took the Intrigue to the car wash even! I was surprised. It looks very nice! Roads are dry right now, so that's good.

Brian just went on his breakfast run. Going to Panera Bread instead of McDonalds. I asked him to bring me a Danish or sweet roll of some kind. I had a bowl of Captain Crunch earlier, lol. I must be on a sugar high.... not good or healthy.... it is fat Tuesday though.

Jamesbo.... thank you! Made me smile!!

Where's citcapp been? Haven't heard from him in a long time.

Well you all have a good Tuesday.
Old March 4th, 2014, 06:38 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Sandy. TWD wasn't very interesting for me. I guess its good to see deeper into the characters but it didn't do much for me.

Hope everyone gets to throw or catch some beads today.

Have a Fat Tuesday.
Old March 4th, 2014, 06:42 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Chilly here as well. Don't think it's warming up this week, anyway. Eh, next week it will be 37 for me, hehe.

Allan that's yet another reason to get a backhoe. To bury poison ivy. I don't know if the poison would break down in the compost or not. Could be some old lady has lethal pansies.

Jeff it's lucky you're here so early. You can get right to work implementing my new plan. You know, changing time once a month.

John as a general rule I don't tell people how many cars I have. It leads to conversations that I care not to have. In the past I listed four of them at a time in my signature and rotated them through. I don't know if anyone paid attention. We do know I have two Oldsmobiles, a 57 Chevy, a blue van, a Triumph, a DUKW(that's not really a car), and a Deuce and a half(that isn't, either).

Sandy you've inspired me. After I leave Awful house I'm going next door to Dunkin Donuts and get a chocolate filled donut. And maybe a Boston crème. And a cruller.

So today is 20 years for me at Delta. I started in the Baggage Service office. What a horrible job. When your bag doesn't arrive on the same plane as you, you go to this office. Imagine only dealing with disgruntled people all day. The other guys that worked in there all had like 25 years and had no patience for a brand new guy. I lasted there I think three days. I swapped with a guy on the ramp who didn't like working outside. And here I am today. For better or worse, and it's been both, it's kept me going and not living in a box.

Okay here I go. Last day of vacation so all the things I've been putting off I need to do today.

Oh hell it's Tuesday. What was I thinking

Last edited by slantflat; March 4th, 2014 at 06:45 AM. Reason: It ain't Monday
Old March 4th, 2014, 06:50 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Mardi Gras!

Unfortunately, it won't be be as happy as it could be, as the weather is miserable. It just started raining along the parade routes and it looks good for all day; and the temp is barely going to hit 40*.

I feel sorry for the parade-goers. Tourists, who spend a bundle and plan for months; and the kids; and the krewes. But it will go on.... The Metairie and Gretna parades are starting an hour early to try and salvage the morning.

They just interviewed Pete Fountain... he has a marching group (although they've been riding in a vehicle for about the last 15 years) called "Pete Fountain's Half Fast Walking Club." I used to ride my bike to see them when I was a kid, at their old starting point (which is different now). I hate to say it, but Pete's kinda' lookin' his age these days. Slowed down quite a bit, to put it nicely. He's 83, but certainly not a young 83. God bless him. My Dad idolized him. See pics of Pete belos: 51 years apart. (I was graduating from kindergarten when the first one was taken.)

Jamesbo, I do appreciate all your insights to that facet of life; just going by the odds, I'll have two more rounds of it in the not-too-distant future.

Anyhoots, I have to go down in the crap weather a little later... lucky me! Happy Mardi Gras to the Oldsmobuds!

p.s.: Happy anniversary, Mike! Delta is lucky to have hard working, consciencious guy like you, especially for that long. Is there a set retirement date? With any luck, y'all might actually have a pension plan. (Oh, and I don't blame you one bit about the list of vehicles; ain't nobody's business no how....)

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 4th, 2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old March 4th, 2014, 07:36 AM

John, Just to add to Mike's list [and show how much attention I pay] He's got an Amphi and a Corvair wit a V-8 in it.

I saw Pete playing at Super Bowl 12 [I think] an he had " Hi" painted on the top of his bald head dat you could read from de cheap seats[ if there is such a thing at a Super Bowl]
Old March 4th, 2014, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Jeff it's lucky you're here so early. You can get right to work implementing my new plan. You know, changing time once a month.

NO WAY NO HOW would I even think of it.

IF it were to change I would vote for the Don't change the time at all. I am getting a headache thinking of the issues it would cause for it to be a monthly ordeal to change the time.. /end shivering

and I am always at work M-F @ 6 am Mountain time.
Old March 4th, 2014, 08:04 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hey everyone. Well, another balmy day in paradise, made it up to 24 today. Yesterday it was 18 and we got an inch of snow. I know they say spring is coming but it sure doesn't feel like it. Supposed to warm up by the weekend, maybe I'll get the Cutlass out for another ride.

Clint - sorry, didn't mean to rub it in. Missed driving it so I got too excited.

Sandy - glad to hear from you too. Keep feeling better, you're in our prayers. Have you been watching the Walking Dead? Been pretty good lately with the story lines learning more about Michonne and Daryl's past.

Allan - didn't think I could make anyone jealous about that, but then I keep forgetting that your weather is most likely colder than ours.
Old March 5th, 2014, 04:24 AM
Captain Starfire

Quick worm

Happy Ash Wednesday, boys & girl.... Hope everybody caught a lot of beads & doubloons yesterday, and no colds or flu.... that might be asking a lot.
I'm back at the salt mine today and I'll check in later... I first need to get through dozens of completely meaningless emails .... and break my fast while I'm at it....
Old March 5th, 2014, 04:39 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Another day of the funk I'm in. Snowed last night. They were calling for 4-8". Maybe have 3" in the deepest parts. wet heavy melty slushy crap.

Darrell, no worries. TWD has a new angle these past couple episodes which is a nice break. I wonder what this place they are all heading to is gonna be like?

Jamesbo, I think there is a Saturn and a Lincoln in the stable too. What about the Vette?

John, sucks it had to rain on your parade. I saw some pics from my friend from Mandeville and it looks like the kids still had some sort of celebration.

Mike Congrats on the 20 years. Haven't talked much about the pups lately. Must not me thunder season? Tori took all 3 of our mutts in for shots yesterday. Looks like mine may have a thyroid issue. He's been gimping but I thought it was just arthritis but the doc said it could be his thyroid. He also said I need to get him to lose a lot of weight. He's a stout 65# heeler. The JRT could hardly move this morning. those shots sure make him sore.

Morning Sandy

Have a Wednesday all.
Old March 5th, 2014, 04:54 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite chili in de sunny south dis mawn'in.

Happy Ash Wednesday Olds friends. I would give up sum'in but I given up all I can already.

Clint, by gollly you're right. What ever happened to Mike's Rolls from Hell? We gotta put together a list to make sure his insurance carries has everything covered.

John, I'd be happy to add to your meaningless emails and forward to you sum business proposal from Zimbabwe. If dat would help ya at all. I've also got a few dozen lost relatives in Zaire want'in to give me their share of a million dollar estate.

Welp, I've officially quit mov'in round Forsythia fer de year. Now I gota weight an see what blooms dis spring. Gonna scrape and get ready to paint de deck if it would ever dry out.

May crank up de drop top and blow de cob webs outa de exhaust.

Sandy, You're quite welcome Keep smiil'in.
Old March 5th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Captain Starfire

Fast broken

Weather's much drier today, but what good does it really do on Ash Wednesday? Still a mite nippy for this neck o' the woods at this time o' year. But way better than yesterday. Everybody's ashes should dry out quick like.

Sorry to hear of the pup's malady, Clint. We have two chubby cats (and one not chubby) and it's always a struggle to keep the two happy, while not letting them kill themselves. House cats eat mostly out of boredom. Kind of like humans...

Jamesbo, please pass the names of those generous overseas benefactors to me... I have a few folks I'd like to hook them up with.

Whelpt, no more king cake for me for another year. Since I had to get up in the middle of the night (might as well say so) to be here at Zero Dark Thirty, I couldn't stay up late last night to watch the ceremonial Meeting of the Courts to signify the end of Mardi Gras. That and the clearing of Bourbon St. (midnight) would be the two big events to signal its end.

Y'all have a great Ash Humpity, Oldsmobuddies.
Old March 5th, 2014, 12:29 PM

Dis Weather is crazy.Only place in de country whar ya can get a sun burn and frost bite in de same week.
Old March 5th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everybody.

Slept until almost two today, coaxed my boy up on the bed and we had a nice snooze-fest. Didn't do much this afternoon and now I'm almost ready for work. Work, what's that?

You guys are very astute. I can't remember the last time I mentioned the Lincoln. I appreciate you paying attention to the drivel that I write.

Sandy that's great news about the genes. Doesn't explain why you got this in the first place but it might help in future treatments.

Clint the dogs are doing fine. You're right, we haven't had much thunder this winter so they've been fairly calm. If I have to leave when it's raining, they go in their room. And of course they'll be in there tonight when I go to work.

Jamesbo what was the temp up there today? Don't think it hit 50 here but the sun has been out all day. Now I see we're supposed to get rain the next two days.

Thanks you guys for the nice words on my anniversary with work. On to the next 20. Some time this week the foreman will have a service pin for me, and he'll probably say something in the briefing that is dumb and embarrass me. He thinks he's witty but he's the only one that laughs at what he says.

John my pension is worth 11.75 years. Doesn't matter how long I'm there. Back when things were bad they froze the pension and that's where I was at the time. I don't believe anyone after that gets a pension. Now that things are good you'd think they would unfreeze it, but no, that would make sense. It would take away from all the bonuses for the higher ups.

Welp it's that time. Out with the dogs then off to work. I have a feeling this will be a long week. Or a really short one because I'm not even close to being ready for my trip. Eh, it's just work. Have a good evening everyone.
Old March 6th, 2014, 04:14 AM

Mawn'in

Chili and spose to rain later

So de Super model has to leave early to get to town fer a dental appointment. She wakes up and says, "Where's Berney?" [a.k.a Buckwheat de Maine coon]

After a 30 min. search of a tiny house, [at o dark thirty] she finds out, he has torn out a screen on de back porch and he is outside under de deck steps knaw'in on a rabbit 'bout de size of him.

So as she heads out de door [leav'ing me wit de exigency de jour] she says, "This cat situation is getting out of hand"

REALLY, NO $hit Sherlock

And that Olds friends is what I like to call "A flash of sanity"
Old March 6th, 2014, 04:58 AM
Captain Starfire

Welcome to my Friday

Howdy, boys and girl.... Damp and muggy 50* at the Plantation dis mawinin. It rained pretty good whilst I was gettin' reddy to leave, but miraculously stopped as I was walking to the garage.

Nothing too earthshaking going on. One of these years, the transport company might actually pick the GS up from the frozen tundra; not holding my breath. It's been 2.5 weeks since I placed the order. As I said, it's a good thing the previous owner (and current warehouser) has a sense of humor.

Did y'all see that story on CBS about snowkiting? It must've been on every news broadcast on the network over the last couple days. Looks like a hoot. But why did the jackass "reporter" have to ask the 80-y.o. participant what he was doing out there at age 80? At least he gave the definitive (and poetic) answer: "Why not?" Three cheers for the geezer.... And raspberries to the jackass interviewer (can't call her a "reporter" in all honesty).

C'gal, where y'at? Did I miss yer Humpday post?

Jamesbo, never a dull moment in the life of a menagerie manager... At least it might save you on a serving or two of catfood.

Sorry about the frozen pension, Mike. I doubt anything will thaw out this winter... So does that mean you would get the your retirement "allowance" for 11.75 years after you leave? As you might have guessed, I've never dealt with a pension and its nuances before. I know my Dad has some sort of retirement plan when he left his employer of about 30 years... and that was before 401k's. I guess it would have been considered some sort of pension (I'd say he left them in about '81 or '82.) they gave him a lump sum option, and he took it.

Anyhoots, hope all Oldsmobuds have a great Thursday.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 6th, 2014 at 05:02 AM.
Old March 6th, 2014, 05:07 AM

A liitle drum roll here please

Behold the perfect truck fer Mike
Old March 6th, 2014, 06:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Well.... lost my nice long post. On this kindle and I don't know. I always have to sign in and even tho I check remember me, its not remembering me. I cant copy on this thing.

So I don't know how much time I have. Short and sweet.

I was very pleased yesterday to find out I don't have the BRCA genes. thought for sure I would. So Nicole doesn't have to be tested! She just needs to start mammograms already and watch herself. They want me to have further gene testing done of course. Could be another gene I have that mutates. Who knows? Could just be 'random' cancer too.

Pam wants me to go to the Piston Power show with them this weekend but I can't. Saturday is Larrys birthday and Sunday I'm taking lin shopping. Haven't seen her since Christmas.

Jamesbo... thanks for the link. Sounds interesting....

Well I better post and see if I made it in time! Have a good one all.
Old March 6th, 2014, 06:59 AM
Cutlass Lover

John... I know I posted yesterday but I bet it timed out and I lost it and didn't know. I guess I should start lugging my laptop in again.

Jamesbo.... Dude is always do proud of himself when he catches a rabbit. He chomps them on the rug st the kitchen door though. Yuck!!

There were 3 sets of Cardinals at my feeders this morning. I love to watch them. A Robin was eating apple slices I put out. They like fruit.
Old March 6th, 2014, 08:01 AM

Behold the perfect truck fer Mike
LOL, but he will need a laptop, so he can keep posting here.
Old March 6th, 2014, 09:29 AM

Well, the Great Lakes are 92% frozen over, the most since 1979, Superior and Erie are 100%, with Lake Michigan at 82-84%, they didn't mention Lake Ontario nor Lake Huron. Satellite pics were cool, almost all white for Michigan and the lakes, Should start to thin a bit as we will finally get some 30's for the next week or so.
Old March 6th, 2014, 07:59 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Rushed when I woke up this afternoon, I wanted to get to AAA to get my ETA for Australia. Well, they started charging for doing that, and besides the woman couldn't get to the website. So she gave me the website and said I could do it myself at home for free. Well, for whatever they charge to do it. So I'll do that later. I tried at work tonight but it asked for something I don't know the answer to.

So I rushed around and got home at a quarter to 6, and I leave at 6, so the dogs were rushed too, and I knew better than to turn the computer on or I'd still be there.

So just popped in to make an appearance here at work so I'm not in trouble with the attendance policy, and I'll catch up with everyone tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a good night. Love the truck Jamesbo.
Old March 7th, 2014, 05:38 AM

Mawn'in all

Elisie's ere [hopefully fer a short spell.

Guess all us Gawga boys are rac'in round in de rain.

TGIF Olds friends Headed norte fer de mountains
Old March 7th, 2014, 06:06 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Having internet problems at home.

The skiff of snow we were supposed to get had now turned into 5-10" forecasted.

Oh Friggin Boy.

Have a day all.