The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2014, 06:41 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Guess what day it is HUUUUUMMMMPPPP DAYYYYYYYYY! LOL

Whelp Elsie cometh and goeth. Going to be a decent day but windy this afternoon and colder tonight.

I have been slaving away down at the shop trying to get ready for peaches to beaches. http://www.peachestothebeaches.com/ I know one thing, what I don't sell/give away is not going back in the shop We will donate the remaining books to the library and the clothes and other items to Goodwill.

One thing I can say about my case is that LAWYERS SUCK!!! What happened to the times where they fought for your rights because it is the right thing to do? Nowadays they all want big $$$ or nothing! UGH! Kinda like when did illegal aliens become more important that our veterans or when did freeloaders become more important than taxpayers? Rant over

That is about all I can say because the court date is still on.

Jamesbo your garden looks good brother I haven't decided to plant this year or not.

Sandy I hope all is well on your end, you are still in our prayers

So back out to the shop to gather more junk to get shunned of Y'all have a beautiful day
Old March 12th, 2014, 06:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all! Smiling while I still can, lol.

Pouring the rain here this morning. Temps in the high 30's right now. Gonna change for the worst this afternoon. It rained all night. They have a lot of the schools closed because they say the drive home later will be treacherous with the snow and 30mph winds blowing it around. Ice from the rain under the snow.... can we say "oh how nice"?? I hope they start treating the roads once the rain lets up and before it turns to snow. The roads were just starting to get clean and we could see grass in the yards. March is sooo friggin fickle!

Treatment was all screwy yesterday. When I got there I had to go over to the lab for bloodwork. You always do that to make sure counts are up and you can get chemo. I tried explaining to the guy at the window that I'm not to go to the lab, that they're supposed to take blood in the chemo room from my port like they did last time. He was insistant that I go to the lab and at least get my finger pricked. Ok... I went. When I got in the chemo room finally my regular nurse was off so I had a new one. Poor thing was running around like crazy trying to do 4 of us. That place was packed!!! Talk about depressing. not an empty chair in sight. So this nurse got all worried about my port cause it's still red and sore. Ive tried to tell these people that it's not healing good, but what do I know?
So she had to call Dr Rehmus helper person and Kim came and looked at it and gave me a script for antibiotics to take for 10 days cause it "might" be infected. One big scab just fell off of it yesterday... "Take a pill"!!! My appt was 1:00 and I didn't start getting drugs until 3:00. Didn't get out of there until 5:30 and home after 6. I'll go get the antibiotic at lunch time.

Larry was livid with all the delays, lol. His face was beet red and he had that Bemer glare going and was making snide comments and looked like he was ready to stroke out!!! And I'm the bad patient! I sat there listening to my music.

So today I have the usual Cytoxen headache and face is pink. Stomach gurgling and Burping like a pig, lol. Took puking pills and ate some cereal. Didn't try coffee. Drank one bottle of water so far and grape juice at home. Will be good until tomorrow afternoon. My order of shots came UPS yesterday so I will start them tonight.

Jamesbo..... thank you for the card! You're doing a fine job making me smile!! I appreciate it.

Scot... nice to hear from you. I hope things get better with your case. Lawyers are like doctors, lol. They suck!!!!!!

Well you all have a good day and stay safe!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; March 12th, 2014 at 06:59 AM.
Old March 12th, 2014, 08:52 AM
Captain Starfire

GS finally en route~!

They loaded it this morning; I haven't actually spoken with the guy I bought it from yet, but I'm wondering how far away this actually is from his garage. That path looks too clean to be in front of his house -- although I could be (hopefully) wrong....
Supposed to be 2-4 weeks before I see it, but I suspect it would be on the short end of that spectrum....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 12th, 2014 at 09:14 AM.
Old March 12th, 2014, 09:34 AM

Glad to see that you are using a quality transporter.
Old March 12th, 2014, 11:02 AM

Congrats John

Old March 12th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Humpday to y'all.

Been kinda busy with life lately and just noticed I'd forgotten to sign off the site last week. Went to log in and found out I already was. Interesting how the CO server decides to hold em or fold em all on it's own.

Hope everyone is doing well and that Spring is just around the corner in your hoods. It's been positively good up here and lots of melting going on.

Mike - I'll get back to you on that adventure you offered.

Got an email from a local member telling me to open my wallet. He attached this link for a 71 Cutlass S. kijiji Edmonton Personally I think that seller is over the top brain dead on the ask. I only see minimal options there. No real proof of documentation re: miles. That's also the first time I've seen a POP for 71 that looks like a pre 70.... OH MY! just checked and it appears to have been sold?? (25K for a bittersweet exterior and sienna interior, non ac, no option car??) Wowsers! Gotta go buy a lottery ticket pronto...
Old March 12th, 2014, 08:10 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Busy day with work, not much else going on but at least I thought I'd check in and say hi.

Have a good night everyone.
Old March 13th, 2014, 01:26 AM

Afternoon all/morning all

Life with a 6 week old and work is surprisingly sparing on free time so it turns out

Mike if you drive to Brisbane from Sydney it will take you around 10 hours following the speed limit but if you speed a little you can make it in less the 8

Also Mike let your mum know that she is still a whipper snapper when it comes to oldest person in the family, turns out my grandmother was 92 when she passed. I don't talk to my family much

That is one big garden Jamesbo, sure you could plant more then just cabbage and broccoli.

Scot, I know what you mean about about illegals being more important then your own heroes. Can't say much more then that being "political" and all but you know what I mean.

Time to keep being a "new" dad, take it easy everyone and keep cool

Adrian
Old March 13th, 2014, 01:31 AM

Couple pics of Allegra and us
Old March 13th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Captain Starfire

Morning, all.... here at the salt mine at 0-dark-30 again; with any luck, I'll be able to get out of here at 3:30. Adrian, where's the better half? Sumpthin' tells me she was the shutter snapper in these. I hate to state the obvious, but what a ball of joy little Allegra looks like! Gotta' love the jailbird jumpsuit. (Oops... did I say that?)

Jamesbo, the lice that manage our Internet here at work fliter YouTube, and i forgot to view ol' Jerry at home last nite. I'll see it eventually. Jerry Reed was a primo entertainer when I was a yung-un'. I guess Amos Moses and When You're Hot You're Hot jump out ahead of the rest to me. I still picture him driving an 18-wheeler, for some reason....

Well let me get to my waffle. Y'all have a great Thursday, Oldsmobuddies.
Old March 13th, 2014, 04:24 AM
CQR

Mornin all

Adrian. Great pics.

Got the contract signed for the floor epoxy job in the garage. they'll be here on the 24th. I'll have to take Brit up to moms for the week.

Hope everyone has a Thursday.
Old March 13th, 2014, 05:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili down ere. Hope dis is de lats cold blast fer a while

Adrian, Cute pic. John I think the suit are called oneies but not sure.

Clint, Ya mean you're gonna cover the shop floor? Where in de world do you put your stuff while dats go'in on?

Sandy, I wish I was there to cook ya up sum'in. I made smashed taters, green beans, cornbread and country fried steak to take to a bud in de city.

Welp, GTG to de city and deliver sum vittels
Old March 13th, 2014, 05:33 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Mawnin All

Yup it's chilly here too. The wind is whipping and is going to be a blustery day down at the shop getting ready for the big sale.

Adrian yeah I know exactly what you mean. Great pics and it looks like Min is proud as a peacock

Sandy you are so right. It does suck badly.

Jamesbo don't forgot your friends in the country. I like smashed taters, green beans, cornbread and country fried steak too

John that GS looks solid brother

Whelp I best get crackin' Have a great day all
Old March 13th, 2014, 05:52 AM

Scot [wit1 T] Dat would be like tak'in coal to New Castle
Old March 13th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Still smiling but I feel it fading fast, lol. Feeling queasy this morning, pink face, and tired. Drank one bottle of water this morning so far. Got 4 in yesterday. Dont know if I'll go get fluids tomorrow or not. We'll see.

Got a bill from Akron General yesterday for January chemo.... they billed Cigna over $14,000.00. I owe $1365.73. I still havent met my $3500 out of pocket yet so they're not paying 100% yet. I dont have the money. Gotta call and set up payments. Im making payments on other bills too. Paycheck only goes so far. I told Pam that she needs to be organizing me a spaghetti fund raising dinner or something. I'll probably owe the same amount for February's chemo too. I hate to be paying for feeling crappy.....

Its cold here today. Up to 12 now. Very icy outside. The sun is out but not doing anything lol.

Cute pics Adrian!
Well you all have a good day.
Old March 13th, 2014, 08:24 AM
My sweet ride since 1970!

Mornin' all

Up at 5:45 cdt but just know have a few to say "hi from the heartland". Clint, we apparently lucked out cuz never got virtually anything from the storm. Wish my friends in NH and NY had been so fortunate. My buddy near Binghamton said the roads there this morning were bad enough that newspaper delivery was delayed and most of the schools did a delayed start.

From the sound of the emails I am getting that Starfire parts car I mentioned and posted is pretty well picked clean. I hope some of you were able to get some benefit from the knowledge of its availability.

Sandy, I hope things are "hanging in there" for you! If thoughts and prayers are working you might be feeling WAY better very soon.

Actually even yesterday was still kinda rugged for me, after the chemo iv I had Tuesday. Quite odd in that it has never been much of an event before. Fingers crossed and prayers workin' hoping this was a one time "reaction."

Weather is supposed to be getting better for the foreseeable future starting tomorrow. Wendy is really getting itchy tires to get out and about. I hope the forecasts are somewhat believable.

Seems as though the entire office knew the guy who shared my space with me was leaving. It certainly would have been nice if I had known about it. Think I am gonna grab the office director and find out what the truth is....so more later I hope.

Drive like you care!

Scott
Old March 13th, 2014, 11:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Scott.... you are going through chemo too? I must have missed that somewhere, lol. What kind of cancer do you have? I will pray for you as well. No one should have to go through this... I slept at noon. Ate a pack of peanut butter crackers for lunch. Water is starting to taste awful again. I will be off work tomorrow I'm sure...
Old March 14th, 2014, 02:43 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Hey Woim!

Good Mawnin All

A bit more cooler this morning than last, but it should fair up nicely today rather quickly.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Scott and Sandy

I'm off to sell sell sell

Y'all have a wondermous day, ya hear?
Old March 14th, 2014, 04:12 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Wow Scot. You're at it early. Swap meet? Or a garage sale?

Scottwithtwots and Sandy. My thoughts are with you both. Doesn't sound like any fun.

Jamesbo, we are only having about 1/3rd of the floor done. The part where I do most of my wrenching on the Dirt bikes and quads. So by moving Brit out, I can move all the stuff to where she usually lounges around.

Have a Friday all.
Old March 14th, 2014, 06:38 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili but warmer dis afternoon.

Try'in to decide what I'm gonna do today. but my Honey do list is grow'in.

Ignroe?
Old March 14th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Afternoon all,
Don't feel much like chatting. Bad news arrived yesterday. My adopted Mom passed suddenly. I didn't know she was in the hospital and didn't get a chance to visit or see her. Funeral is tomorrow. She was 79.

Adrian - love the pics of you guys. As new life enters the world, older ones leave. The circle of life continues.

Sandy/Scott - Best wishes for a positive resolve on the cheemo therapy. My FIL went through that too before he passed. He was 81 though and didn't have any strength left after all that.

Scot - make some $$. Good luck brother.

Clint - gonna have a Friday, Saturday and Sunday.....and enjoy em no matter what happens.
Old March 14th, 2014, 11:50 AM

Allan, My sincerest condolences. So sorry for your loss.
Old March 14th, 2014, 01:00 PM
CQR

Allan, I'm so sorry. My sympathies.
Old March 14th, 2014, 08:40 PM
Captain Starfire

Allan, my prayers, thoughts, & condolences to you, my friend.
Old March 14th, 2014, 09:11 PM

Allan, my condolences, take care.
Old March 15th, 2014, 12:18 AM

Thanks everyone. My better half was at the gym when that photo was taken. She is really into it and I should probably get my rear there too

It is called a onesie Jamesbo but we call that particular suit her jail suit like John said

Min sure is proud and is really enjoying being a big sister, lets all hope she stays that way

My condolences Allan. Too true with the circle of life.

Adrian
Old March 15th, 2014, 03:11 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Really quick Good Mawnin All

Allan our prayers are with you brother and I am truly sorry for your loss.

We had a great turnout yesterday and done really well. I've got to get my bottom down there because it will be three times as busy today

Y'all have a wondermous Saturday
Old March 15th, 2014, 03:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Us Gawga Boys is gett'in up early ain't we Scot?

I'm wit cha................ Day lites wast'in

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old March 15th, 2014, 07:22 AM
Captain Starfire

mornin', all

Don't have to leave The Plantation today... Praise the Lord! Can actually work a little more in the garage and do a minimum possible amount of housework.

Got the buildsheet from Coppertone taped together last night... it was in pretty shaky shape, as you might imagine. I'm pretty happy with the results; I'm not a professional document restorer, and there are some crumples in it that couldn't be straightened without further damage; it's a case of diminishing returns. There are only a few little figures that are more or less missing, and I can figure them out; so we're good. And we have a guy in the GS community who's quite an authority on this kind of stuff; I can always seek refuge from him when in doubt about anything.

Jamesbo, listened to East Bound & Down... not being a big country music guy, and not having seen S&TB for 30 years, can't say I remember it.... But it's a good drivin' tune... 'specially if ur in Gawga.... Whatcha' think about this one for a Gawga kinda' mood? Always liked Bill Payne -- and I heard on the radio Wed. he was havin' a birthday: turned 65 on 3/12. (Those ol' rockers [like all of us] ain't gettin' no younger.)

Good luck to the Oldsmopals with their honeydew's this weekend...

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 15th, 2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old March 15th, 2014, 09:45 AM

Hi all!

Most importantly, Allan my thoughts and prayers join with the host of others as you work through this terribly emotional time. Know that that wonderful lady is at peace and that you are a better person for having her in your life.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. The chemo kicked my tail this time. Although I had cancer of the prostate (successfully removed) the chemo is actually used for treating a colon/bowel issue that I have had for 37 yrs called Crohn's Disease. No where near as devistating as what our wonderful Sandy is enduring, but troublesome + to say the least. Sandy...hang is there kiddo...we gotta beat the bas****s ....remember that :-)

Just got off the phone with round 1 of the "time to renew the XM radio game." What a joke! If you haven't ever played it you are missing out on some fun. If you have Sirius or XM and don't know what I am talking about, PM me and I will fill you in on the way to save a bunch of $.

Update on the Republic Wireless cell phone switch. I have been using the equipment and service for a week today, and really putting it through its paces. So far, so good. Great connection quality, amazing battery life, etc. $25.00/month + taxes for unlimited service...I LOVE IT! I will update you at the end of the 1st month, when I drop the other carrier...keep smiling.

John I am excited for you that your funny looking Cutlass is finally headed your way..LOL if their route will bring them onto I-80, I just might try and hijack that rig! Anxious to hear that she arrives safely and learn more about the car when you get to touch it yourself.

Gorgeous today here 51 and sunny just before noon. Not bad at all for mid-March.

Enjoy your day, and again...Allan my heart and prayers are with you sir.

Scott (yuppers the 2 "t"s guy)
Old March 15th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon all.

No smiles today. I feel like crap. Stomach is sooo upset and can't do anything about it. It's one of those 'if I could throw up I'd probably feel better' feelings. I ate one toaster strudel this morning. Didn't taste good. Water and everything tastes bad again.

I didn't go get fluids yesterday. I didn't feel real crappy until later on yesterday for some reason. I laid on the couch all day. Larry gave me my shot last night and it hurt so I just sat on the couch and rocked back and forth and cried. I'm sooooo tired of this. I can't believe there's a cancer cell alive in my body anywhere.

Larry is working today and Nicole is on the way to Pittsburgh with friends to go to a concert. I went out and filled the sunflower seed feeder cause the cardinals were out there and it was empty. Took me a long time, lol. I had 6 male cardinals out here Wednesday night! 6 of them!! They were so beautiful. I've never seen that many together. I was surprised since it was so windy and cold. I enjoyed them.

Rocky raccoon is living under the shed. He was sitting on the step to it the other night. He was in the breezeway Thurs. night eating the cat food and tearing up the recycle bag.

That's all I can do now, so you all have a good weekend.
Old March 15th, 2014, 10:07 PM
Just an Olds Guy

This was Nancy. She was as genuine as they ever come. Turns out she had an inoperable brain tumor; and it was wildly aggressive. Unfortunately it wasn't diagnosed till just recently. It took her quickly and for the most part she felt no pain because of sedation. You'd never believe she was 79 the way she kept herself busy with her family and hobbies. Now she's riding the wings of angels to her eternal rightful place. I feel proud and privileged to have had the good fortune to know her and be included as part of her family. So long Mom, say hi to Dad when you get there.

Old March 16th, 2014, 06:07 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

My thoughts are with you Allan...
Old March 16th, 2014, 07:29 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All.

Feeling a little better today..... it must be the drugs accumulating in my body now that's makin it so tough to bounce back. Sounds good anyway..... I spent the night on the couch. Just didn't feel like getting up and walking to the bedroom. Stomach is just so yucky. I had some toast for breakfast while watching Larry eat his steak and eggs and hash browns. I'm afraid to eat. I was down to 141 lbs. yesterday when I got on the scale.

AllanR..... I am sooo sorry for your loss. We all have our battles to fight, I guess. I will keep you in my prayers and I hope they bring you comfort.

It's cloudy here today and a whole 18 degrees right now. I think we're supposed to get in the 20's.

I have to go to Giant Eagle in a while and get my heart pill and the antibiotic they wanted me to take last Tuesday for the port incision that's not healing. You can tell I jumped right on that one, lol. I am soooo tired of taking pills. The incision looks like it's healing now, since the big scab fell off on Tuesday. But they thought it 'might be' infected so they gave me an antibiotic. I swear to God, these doctors are a hypocondriac's dream!!! They give you a friggin pill for anything you can imagine. They want you to be 'comfortable'. I don't like to take things. There are soooo many drugs in my system now..... No one should feel like this.

Brian is off Mon, Tues, and Wed. He's going to one of his customer's trade shows or something. Works for me!! It will be nice and quiet.

Scott.... thank you.

Well it's Walking Dead day. Supposed to be a good episode tonight!! I can't wait! I feel like a walker..... Hell, they probably feel better than I do cause they're dead, lol. I hope I feel good enough to work tomorrow. I'm not sure yet.... I am tired of laying around.

I got up yesterday afternoon and made some mashed taters, white gravey, some frozen Ravioli, some garlic bread and some frozen green beans. The only thing that tasted good was the beans. The gravey was not good this time. This friggin sucks!!!

I'm only doing one more round of this stuff. I will tell her when I see her on the 21st. You know, back in the day 23 years ago, we didn't have tests to tell you what your 'chances of distant recurrence' were. You had cancer, you got chemo, and that was that. If it came back, it came back. I think a lot of this new stuff is just to work on your mind. You want to do whatever you can to live a long healthy life and you don't question them. You take the shots nowadays to keep the white cells up, even though it causes bone pain. And yes, it hurts! And they do these 'recurrence' tests. Who knows how accurate they are?? Like I said, 4 people have looked at my tumor, and 4 people have given different answers and suggestions. Who the hell knows.....

Brian's mother in law had breast cancer years ago. It came back in the other breast 25 years later, which was like 2 years ago. Same as me. I plan on getting the things taken off, so I'm not going to be worrying about breast cancer. One of Larry's customer's mother has it again too. Another two timer. If it ever comes back somewhere else, I won't blame Dr. Rehmus for it. I'll just regret not getting to live a long healthy life and leaving Nicole too early, then I'll go on to another place where there is no such thing as cancer. I've tried to find statistics showing 4 treatments vs 6 treatments, but I can't find any info anywhere??? I thought we could find anything on the world wide web...

Oh well, I guess I better get off of here. I'd like to take a bath and then I have to run out for a minute. I think I can do it... You all have a good day.
Old March 16th, 2014, 08:39 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Elsie has arrived and it looks like percussion band will arrive later Thankfully we had clear skies and beautiful weather for the yard sale.

Overall we done extremely well but I couldn't do that every weekend

Clint it was the annual Peaches to the Beaches yard sale that runs the entire length of GA Hwy 341 from Barnsville to Jeckyl Island. Unfortunately I didn't get to browse and ride this time but I made up for it in clearing out some unused clutter in my shop and making some well needed revenue in the process

My John that is one highly optioned Buick brother A customer ordered car too Beautiful!

Allan she looks like a wonderful lady and I am sure she will be sorely missed. Thank you for the well wishes as we really did rake it in considering I didn't put out much of my cool stuff.

Jamesbo I believe this tune should be in order...

Old March 16th, 2014, 11:04 AM

Morning all from the left coast

Well it is still morning here.

Sorry for your loss Allan, little things you do and see will always keep her memory fresh in you mind for the rest of your life.

Sandy, Sorry about you ups and downs in the way you feel from day to day. Keep your spirits up with positive thoughts and remember we all stand with you. Hopefully you can feel our collective arms around you shoulders adding to your inner strengths

Jamsbo, how's the golf game, sounds like its been a little damp in your area like in ours. Three times the usual rain fall here for this time of year and no slow down in site. Haven't hit the white ball in a couple of months.

Have a great Sunday all
Old March 16th, 2014, 04:13 PM

Good afternoon Olds family. Spent the past several hours as a tour guide for a lady who is a candidate for a teaching position at the Univ. of NE-Omaha campus. Nice lady and good weather so the day was not a total loss.

Sandy, dear lady, lots of care and cuddles headed your way.

Allan, my what a beautiful lady she was. Always remember those special times as those memories are what help us get through the tough times.

For you basketball fans, we here in Nebraska are extremely happy that both the University of NE AND Creighton (located in Omaha) are going dancing. Personal prejudices are...GO BLUEJAYS. However, I must always remember to speak the truth and that is slightly more difficult now then is was about a month ago...Go Orange!!! Ive been a Syracuse Univ fan for years.

I talked with a man who works for the City of Omaha in the street department, and he told me that they are not scheduled to begin cleaning the streets from gravel etc. until mid-late April. I don't know if I can wait that long to get Wendy out to stretch her "legs" The top down feeling is really starting in earnest gang!

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. BE SAFE on St. Patrick's Day...DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE PLEASE!!!!!

Old March 17th, 2014, 04:28 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Worm.

Back to the grind today.

Scottwithtwot's, Hope they get the streets leaned up earlier than that.

Pat, glad to see you on the NGM thread again.

Scot, hope you had lots of luck with the sale. I should have one, but I just can't seem to allocate the time.

Allan, My thoughts are with you during this hard time.

Sandy, Hope you're on the uptick today.

Have a day all.

Last edited by CQR; March 17th, 2014 at 04:33 AM.
Old March 17th, 2014, 05:42 AM

Mawn'in all

Whitey is safe from smack'in today,De cow is over de flat rock.

Pat, One of these days we're gonn have to play together old frined. Let's hope it's on dis earth.

John, Cool build sheet. I especailly like U-28 ash try light

Scot wit 2 T's WTF is wrong wit those people. April indeed.

Scot, Next time we get together remind me to tell ya de story 'bout hitch hick'in back to Gordon Military School in Barnesville and gett'in a rdie wit de guy pull'in de Bat Mobile dragster all over Georgia in de mid 60's

Allan, Beautiful pic, Cherish all the memories and she'll never leave ya.

Sandy,Sum time in de middle of de nite, I woke up to "De Talk'in Dead" I had to turn it off real fast. Guess Scot don't have to send ya no peaches dis year, Huh?

Clint, Don't grind to hard, ya won't have nutt'in left fer tomorrow.

Have a great day Olds friends an all you Gawga Boys stay dry
Old March 17th, 2014, 06:48 AM
Captain Starfire

Monday Monday... can't trust that day.

Mornin', boys & girl.

Can't believe the Mid Atlantic is getting hammered yet again... poor ba$terd$. DC is actually shut down today... and I guess that's begging for a cute political statement, but I'll pass due to Lent. I sent out a political joke e-mail and got reprimanded with a scriptural quote ... just had to delete & move on .

Thanks, 2TScott and 1TScot -- 1T: I think I had mentioned, it is a customer order car, but what a whackey assortment of options it has! For the life of me, I can't understand why anybody'd want a 455 engine, while omitting posi (or even H/D cooling). But they went out of their way to add bling. It definitely has every molding and light available, as well as the fanciest interior -- minus console & buckets, unfortunately. Also didn't seem to be a fan of electric assists (and tilt column, for that matter). But I'm going to get it back to Square 1 and enjoy it, rather than recreate it in to my own specification.

Good to see you name gracing this thread again, Pat. Like Motel 6, we'll leave the light on for you...

Sandy, hope each round's ill effects get shorter & shorter. Glad you're on the rebound.

2Ts - We're pulling fer ya'.

Gotta' luv dat Brook Benton. When Napster was in its heyday, I did a search on him and made a CD of his "greatest hits." Still listen to it. I think we've covered that ground before, however -- how 'Rainy Night' was written in '62 by Tony Joe White, of Polk Salad Annie fame....

Whelpt, going to get gravel this morning to fill holes in the miserable gravel road that none of the neighbors will touch. I guess it comes down to who wants it the worst. Nothing like neighborly cooperation . Then I'll continue my general cleanup & rearrangement of the garage, and prolly wind up on S. Shore this evening to visit aunts.

Y'all have a great workweek start, Oldsmogang.