The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 23rd, 2015, 12:13 AM
Always room for one more

Lunch time. I love when people want me to call them when I'm at work. I say, I'll call you at lunchtime. They say great, when is that? I say, 3am.

It seems my memories are getting mixed together. Here is the camel Humpin' to Please that I remember seeing.

And here is Monfort of Colorado. Something completely different.

We used to travel with my Dad during the summer and that's when I'd see these trucks. This was 35-40 years ago.

Not a bad night at work. Worked on two planes so far, finished the one and am about to go back to the first one. Some guys are changing a slat and the rest of us are going to finish up everything else. Not sure I'll get out before 7 but at least we aren't breaking our backs.

Last edited by slantflat; April 23rd, 2015 at 12:18 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 03:32 AM
Damsel in Distress

SPURS 111-1-7 it's a WIN

MORNING everyone, stayed up late last night watching that DOG on game last night...ugh overtime for the Spurs too close too close...couldn't stay up missed the last few mins...
fell asleep had to be up early this morning for some OVERTIME for myself...

anyways San Antonio gets free coffee this morning.... Ima need it...cause I forgot to buy coffee and Im hungry...Have a great day it's going to be a good series....what a game last night....time for a Spurs BBQ....
Old April 23rd, 2015, 05:05 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

The wife has a bunch of pork roasts to cook. She had a brisket in the oven all night. Gonna be glad when this tent sale is over at the store. what a PITA.

Short night.

Have a day.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 05:09 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin All,

Clint, we got some of your snow last night...fires on again

Have a Day All
Old April 23rd, 2015, 06:02 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day down ere

I fixed sum Rumaki fer a friends in de big city. Gonna haul some down dis mawn'in

There was a terrible car accident down not too far from where Scot lives last night 5 college girls were killed on their way to nursing school -tragic

GTG busy day
Old April 23rd, 2015, 06:04 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Finally getting some rain. Mo on de way today.

Clint, how can you sleep at night with smell of cooking in the air? That would drive me nuts.

Ted, was windy and 21 here . Much cooler this morning. We might get some sleet on Saturday.

Leadership debate tonight on the tube. Anticipating a lot of finger pointing and poor behavior from the leaders. Ya da ya da he said she said. Whoever invented pollyhicks was a genius with a vision of a job for life.

Enjoy your day
Old April 23rd, 2015, 06:05 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim your link is fer a flame sticker
Old April 23rd, 2015, 12:48 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well. Lost my post.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 02:59 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Ah, Friday. Hasn't been that bad of a week, hope tonight doesn't reverse the trend.

Sandy why is it something embarrassing or incriminating or whatever stays on the internet for all to see, for all of time, but a simple post that takes a little too long to write vanishes into thin air never to be seen again?

Ya Clint I don't think I could sleep with pork roast going, either. Perhaps that's why you said it was a short night?

Slept good today, wasn't too warm and a little overcast. Rain this weekend, when I'm off.

Okay time to hit it. Hope everyone has a good night.
Old April 23rd, 2015, 07:54 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hi everyone. Cold one here today, about 48 and windy. At least it wasn't the snow they got in upstate NY.

I worked yesterday in Connecticut at a tradeshow, unfortunately not good for business. Have another show I'm working over the weekend in New Jersey, hopefully that on will be better.

Just got done watching the NY Mets win their 11th game in a row, starting to look like a promising year. Lets hope so, so many years in mediocrity they are definitely due.

Clint - Let's hope the future of CO isn't Pot, I saw the special on TV about the 420 day in Denver, with everyone lighting up. They looked and sounded like a bunch of idiots.

Sammy - Those BMW X5's have some serious beef on those rims out back. I don't blame you on not wanting to replace them. I thought it was bad when I had to replace the $285 Goodyears on the back of a Camaro Z28 I had. Couldn't help it, they always seemed to wear out faster than the fronts.

London - I guess that was money well spent, you got her in great shape! I give her credit, I usually will run 3 to 4 miles at a time, anything more than that is too boring for me.

Well, have a good night all.
Old April 24th, 2015, 03:32 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Got out before 530 this morning. All my work was done, and what was left I couldn't help with, so the lead said, it's your Friday? Get out. So I did.

Gonna stay up this morning. My neighbor has to get some blood work done early this morning, then he's going to call me and I'm going to meet them for breakfast. Then they are leaving for New Jersey. Got a couple errands to run after that.

So I think I'll jump in the shower and then relax a little before breakfast. I need to get a few things together as well.

Hope everyone has a good Friday.
Old April 24th, 2015, 05:02 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Mike we did it again last night I diced up all the brisket last night and she had 2 slow cookers and a huge roasting pan going in the oven. We have a lot of pulled pork. One Brisket and I think 8 pork roasts.

Darrell, It's sad that pot is being glorified , but I guess it will open up the job market to those who do want to work. I think you'll see the long term unemployed grow here in the state. And I believe it should be legal. Hemp too.

Sandy. I bet it was a good one. Hope your weather is good this weekend.

Allan, At least the smell stays upstairs mostly. Otherwise I would keep thinking the house was on fire.

Jamesbo. those look tasty.

Well I got all the rear diff parts for the Orange Cutlass. And I'm a bit confused. It has an 8.2 rear cover and bolt in axles, yet the pinion is a 30 spline which means it's an 8.5. I already had everything open so it looks like Brit may be getting 3:73's as well. Shat should be fun.

Have a day all.
Old April 24th, 2015, 05:11 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin All

Still flipping cold...I may have to hook the heaters up in these old cars

Clint, I picked up some local beef here yesterday....yum. Sure is a big difference in taste when you buy it on farm

Allan, I assume the debate was par for the course

Mike, are you on night shift all the time?

Darrel, sometimes those shows are duds...good luck on the next one. The meats in the rears of the x5's are kinda ridiculous. They are heavy and must be hard on the drives etc. Apparently they came stock when you bought the M package

Yup, bought another convertable...maybe I can make one good one out of two

Have a Day All
Old April 24th, 2015, 05:23 AM
CQR

Ted. You are correct. We raise our own. but I buy a pig from the 4H fair every year.
Old April 24th, 2015, 05:36 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite chili down ere fer spring

Trade shows. I hate dem. Try standing around a booth at a green show try'in to sell sum'in no one wants to talk about-cemetery lots

Headed toi de mountains soon.

Enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old April 24th, 2015, 06:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Brrrr. Cold one here. Spoda rain and snow this afternoon. I thought we were done this nonsense. Of course not, it's AB. Blink and de weather changes. Glad I don't have to drive anywhere this weekend cause the summer tires are on now.

Ted, it was a bit of a mud sling, interrupted by numerous pollsters on de phone and (shocker!) a candidate from the PC door knocking. IDK, he didn't have answers to a lot of burning questions. Good thing I PVRd it.

Clint, I think the weather you sent last week has arrived. An 8.2 is not the original diff and the spline count gives that away. In 72 the carrier was 8.5" and the spline count was 28. Shortest gears offered in 72 Cutlass were 3.42:1 with a series 2 8.5" carrier.What's the brand code on the RS axle tube? Sounds like a Buick or Pontiac rear. Is the casting EDB30116 or ED32118?

Jim, yer prolly right. Take a pocket knife an play numbly peg to hit some interest. You any good at dat? We usta play it all de time as kids till some one got hurt.

Time to make sum koffee. Ted, if yer nearby drop in and we can discuss the local political crime scene. Enjoy your day.
Old April 24th, 2015, 07:14 AM
CQR

Allan, I can't find a code stamp.It looks like the carrier casting number is 1235197
Old April 24th, 2015, 07:18 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Code will be close to the axle vent. I'll look to see if that Housing part number is the same as my 8.5
Old April 24th, 2015, 11:38 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Spent the morning at the credit union trying to open an account. They ask such inane questions, especially since I've been a member for like 20 years. Actually the bank person is a friend of mine and we sat and talked more than we actually did banking. Heard back already and the account is open, yay.

Ted I'm on permanent night shift. With -only- 21 years seniority I can't hold dayshift. Maybe I could if I went to a different department(which I've been trying). Not a bad gig, work three off three. Every third week I get four off.

Break time. I'm doing pretty well staying awake, but I think I'll have something loaded with sugar for my snack. In a little while I'm going to go replace the speedometer cable in the van. Laying on my back working upside down with dirt falling in my face should help to keep me awake.
Old April 24th, 2015, 12:25 PM
CQR

Originally Posted by Allan R
Code will be close to the axle vent. I'll look to see if that Housing part number is the same as my 8.5

Allan, There are lots of grinding swirls on this rear housing. I did talk to a guy at Yukon gear and he has seen this a time or 2 where the externally the rear looks like a 8.2 but has an 8.5 center section. So he is sending out the 8.5 stuff and I'll get around to putting the 8.2 stuff in Brits rear.
Old April 24th, 2015, 01:01 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Clint, the carrier in my car is a 410408N
Old April 24th, 2015, 02:33 PM
CQR

Originally Posted by Allan R
Clint, the carrier in my car is a 410408N
Yours is a ltd slip where the one in this car is open.
Old April 25th, 2015, 03:26 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Have a tent sale up at the store this weekend then have to swap over the top end on an ATV motor for a guy who has a race next weekend.

Have a Great day.
Old April 25th, 2015, 04:58 AM

Mawn'in

Rain'in in de mountains

Rumaki was a big hit

Gonna cook a poke tenderloin with bourbon sauce tonite

Got the rock patio cleaned off fer de summmer wit sum outdoor bleach-powerful stuff

Got my signs up to sell my friend's mothers property up ere.

Mike, come on up and buy dis place so I don't have ta deal wit a bunch of tire kickers. De pups would love de lake
Old April 25th, 2015, 04:58 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

I was so tired last night I was in bed and asleep before 10. Figured I'd get up early and head off to the Awful house. Nope.

It's raining pretty good now and we get the occasional lightning and thunder. So I'm staying home since the dogs would trash their room while I was gone, and I'm not going to leave when they're scared if I don't have to. Right now they are hiding under my desk. Inside stuff for me today, not sure what that's going to be. I have several options.

Didn't have luck with the cable yesterday. The lower cable runs up into some speed sensor and then another cable goes into the back of the cluster. The old cable was seized into the sensor, and when I got it all apart found the sensor was crusty and crappy. Of course this sensor is NLA, so it will be an intense internet search to find one. Meanwhile I still drive the pickup. So much for the new daily driver.

Okay guess I'll do something. Maybe I can take in the Awful house later on. I don't think the rain is supposed to last all day. Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old April 25th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

We dodged a bullet with de rain and sleet. Still bone dry but cold here. Weather guy is still calling for 4" of snow later. Putz.

Mike, that sucks

Clint, good luck with the sale. Sounds like you're gonna be busy all weekend.

Jim, De poke sounds good. What time is din din?

Well de boy got interested in some woodworking at his college and made a maple headboard for his new bed. Had to go pick it up yesterday and bring it home. That sucker is heavy. Most of the milling is done with wood CNC machines. Who'd a thought the future of wood products would be a puter?

Time fer ta make koffee. Enjoy your day.
Old April 25th, 2015, 09:44 AM

Argh! nothing like a head and chest cold to ruin a Saturday. I'll head out in a bit to git more meds, and oil 'n filter for the daily driver, do the change, and then conk out this afternoon.
Old April 25th, 2015, 01:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hope you get better soon Dan. 75 meelyun and counting....
Old April 25th, 2015, 04:31 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

The rain stopped this morning around 9 and I made it to the Awful house. Came home and cleaned in the dogs' room real good. Got some of the busted up furniture out of there and made them a new bed out of leftover couch cushions.

This afternoon I took the van over to the $7 All You Can Use carwash. Cost seven bucks to get in then you just push a button to get the stall to work. Also vacuuming is free. I'm pretty sure I got my money's worth with that guy. Then I came home and continued. I took the ratty floor mat out of the back and these dumb wooden shelves that were screwed to the side, then vacuumed it all real good. I can't believe how dirty I got. It looks tons better. I only came in because it started raining again.

I think tonight I'm gonna do some Amphicar club stuff. But now it's time for a nice shower and something to eat.

Dan I hope you get to feeling better. Perhaps a hot toddy will do the trick. It's supposed to.

Have a good night everyone.
Old April 26th, 2015, 05:31 AM

Worm, coffee...work. see ya later.
Old April 26th, 2015, 05:49 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Mornin All,

Allan, I have been bitten purdy bad. I cannot stand seeing these cars rot. It is a link to our past. Where I bought the convertable yesterday, he had a dozen cars just sittin....including a 68 442 AC car all orig. I made him an offer and he said he would let me know

Clint , how did the sale go?

Mike, how much senoirity do you need?

Dan, hope you feel better.

Time to rip some **** rug out of a 70 convertable

Have a Day All
Old April 26th, 2015, 07:20 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Got to bed late last night, around 1, and maybe an hour later the power went out. I know this because my smoke detectors(which are hard-wired) started chirping and it freaks my boy out. How they can chirp with no power to them I don't know. Anyway he climbs up on my bed and has to lay down on my face. So I'm twisted and scrunched into the corner and he stretches out and goes to sleep. Well, at least he felt better. Power was back on by a quarter to ten when I got up.

Ted I think it's 26 years that holds dayshift in my department. Since our retirement now is about worthless not many people are leaving. We have guys in the department with mid-70s seniority. There are still people in the company that started work before I was born.

Dan feeling better today?

Jamesbo the dogs don't care for the lake I live on now. Though I'm guessing your's is a bit nicer. Is this house on the water? How's the seawall?

Wasn't sure what I want to do today. Was gonna wave off the Awful house but I think I'll go ahead and then hit the junkyard. Maybe they'll have some new Dodge vans in I can pick over.

Well have a good Sunday everyone.
Old April 26th, 2015, 08:02 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning

Ted, that's really cool that he'd have that many original cars. Out here there's one guy who has some that are really ratty looking and they apparently are made of precious metals according to his pricing.

Mike, sounds more like they don't include retirement incentive or benefits. Although it's not uncommon for folks with jobs to hold onto them nowadays.

Clint, cmon up. We got The Great Canadian Performance Horse Sale going in Rimbey May 1,2 at a the agri-center. Betcha Tori would love it.

Dan, y'all need ta sail wit Cap'n Morgan or mebbe visit wi Jim Beam and get that cold chased outta your body.

Jim, Ifn I was brave I'd go whack whitey tomorrow but I ain't. Sides, I couldn't stand de histrikal Laffin from de peanut gallery.

We got nun in here but south of us a few miles got a foot of snow. Chilly out 32*. Time for a steaming hot one. Enjoy your day.
Old April 26th, 2015, 08:49 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all...

Whelpt, grass is water logged again, right back where we started last week -- and it was too long then. Now, it's WAY too long and it'll be another week before I can even think of mowing. Nuttin' I can do... They're predikkin' no showers today, but the boomers are said to be returnin' wit a vengeance tomorrow and Tuesday. Just have to let ol' Mother Nature take 'er course.

One huge and one smaller turtle were making their ways across the property this just now. The poor smaller guy somehow managed to flip on his back -- I have no idea how -- and I flipped him back, and off he went -- as fast as he could. The big boy is probably still out there, making a couple inches a minutes across the foot-high rain-soaked grass in the back.

Mike, the long Campbell trailer in your picture is more what I remember, too... the smaller ones on that FB page I go more to the company's roots, I believe. Made me think I was looking at one of my episodes of Highway Patrol.

I'm still purging -- getting rid of just about all my old magazines. Katrina did me the service of a purge on the vast majority of them (30+ years of Car & Driver, for starters), and now I'm cleaning out the rest. These are mostly Muscle Car Review's from the '80s, and some PHRs from the 80s and 90s, a few years of C&D, Truck Trends, Motor Trend, etc.

Funny, 'cause I remember in Hurricane Betsy, my Dad had about 10 years of Motor Trend that got soaked. I distinctly remember scraping them out of a cedar chest bottom drawer in their bedroom in September of '65.

My niece's future hubby (wedding in December) is a real car nut, and I think he'll enjoy reading the surviving issues. And this should free up some valuable inside storage space... maybe I'll be able to find things for a change -- what a concept!

Clint, Jazz Fest had serious weather issues both yesterday and Friday. Should be good today, 'tho, and they're predicting a glorious second weekend -- Lord knows those folks deserve it. Thursday should be a real treat -- they're forecasting highs in the 70s with low humidity. Almost makes me want to drop on down to see an act or two, but not quite.

Y'all have a great Sunday, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 26th, 2015 at 08:57 AM.
Old April 26th, 2015, 11:41 AM

Mawn'in all

not really, Really afternoon.

Mike, it's really cool but no sea all only rip rap

I'm leaving de mountains and when I get to de main road, I see whar sum drunk in de middle of de nite and run over 1] my real-estate sign, 2] my mail box and 3] the street sign. Hope his head hit de dash HARD
Old April 26th, 2015, 11:50 AM
Always room for one more

Just got back from the junkyard. Funny thing, when I was leaving I saw my one neighbor out, and I walked over to say hey. He isn't the most friendly but we're both from the Chicago area so he at least is cordial. I had my tool bag and he asked where I was going and I said the junkyard. He said he wanted to go. I said, okay, but I spend an hour or better there and I'm going to the Awful house first. Oh that did it for him. So I had company at the Awful house and junkyard. It wasn't bad, but he doesn't walk as fast as me and he had to stop and look at -everything- on the lot. He was worse than me. Not much to write home about as far as useful parts.

So I get home and my girl is not anywhere around, but my boy is. Hm. Here she is on the back porch. She had gone downstairs and pulled a bunch of stuff away from the door and clawed her way through the plywood patch I put up when she broke the window and got out before. It wasn't raining, nothing else was torn up, so I wonder why she felt like she had to do that. Thankfully my boy didn't follow her, otherwise they'd be out roaming the neighborhood right now. I guess I will have to start patching the door with metal as well.

Allan we used to have a kick-*** retirement, one of the best around. Then bad times hit and everything was systematically taken away. Our pension is worth whatever it was at when it was froze. That was ten years ago. Retirees get practically nothing now. We make the most money of anyone in the business yet nothing is getting restored. We used to be the "Delta Family." Now we're just another big company with a greedy CEO.

John the Highway Patrol? Ya that's right.

Okay now that I spent all freakin' day out I gotta get something done around here. Beautiful out. Maybe if the back yard is dried up enough I'll do something back there. That way the dogs can be out with me. Good idea that.

Last edited by slantflat; April 26th, 2015 at 11:53 AM.
Old April 26th, 2015, 03:26 PM

Well, the chest cold, or whatever it was seems to be short lived, as it appears to be gone. The weather is slightly improving as we hit the upper 50's this weekend, having the sun out makes a big difference. Last weekend weekend we were at 75 degrees, then it plummeted into the 40's for highs, we should be pushing the 70's again by the end of the week.
Old April 26th, 2015, 04:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well the low Saturn is back in service. I put in the new idler today but must have missed getting the belt 100% lined up because it threw as soon as the car started. Drat. Quick fix though. Funny thing. I found a spare belt tensioner idler pulley in my toolbox from 7 years ago. it looks like the same bearing as the idler I bought only the OD of the pulley was about 1/4" less. I think it would have worked but oh well. Still sounds like the diodes on the new alternator are a bit noisy but we'll live with it until it becomes a problem again.

Dan - Good for you. I bermember a quote from someone a long time ago about feeling bad. Goes like this: "Being sick is bad for your health". At the time I thought to myself, "Self, this guy's a certified genius". Next thing that I bermember was muttering "No $hit Batman".
Old April 27th, 2015, 04:33 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp, Tis Monday soooooooooooo

Dan, Glad you're on de mend. I'm sraced to death of going to a hospital. Dat'll kill ya

Mike, What junk yard[s] do you frequent? Tain't none round ere.

Kevlar may de de answer to de dogs security problems

GTG Have a GREAT week Olds friends
Old April 27th, 2015, 04:39 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo. Sorry about the signage and stuff. Makes you want to use a concrete filled pipe like the bollard you tangled with to set your new box and signs.

Dan glad you're feelin better.

John Is it at least warmer down there? I noticed last Friday my lawn could use a trim, but that will have to wait.

Allan, She would love it. And she's looking for a replacement right now. Poor kid. She had scheduled to have her 3 year old put down on Weds. but that is going to have to wait.til it dries up. trying to dig a hole right now would be a messy proposition. Especially a big hole to fit a horse.

The sale overall was a success. The missus and her sister were hoping for better but I think they set their standards too high. Saturday the weather kinda cooperated and we didn't get wet, Sunday was a different story. It rained/snowed all day. Besides what was in the trailer all the tent stuff had to go back inside.

Well have a day all.