The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 17th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Captain Starfire

And...

And didja catch my reference to the Shady Rest above?

p.s.:
"....and there's Uncle Joe, he's a'movin' kinda' slow at the Junction."

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Well yeah Allen,

Dat's what prompted me to ax fer pics when Scot mentioned Hooterviile, Ga

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 17th, 2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old July 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I wuz lookin at de reglar cast members from dat show
Uncle Joe - Passed at 76 back in 1979
Kate Bradley - Passed at 62 back in 1968
Sam Drucker - just passed on June 8 dis year at 96 years!
Floyd Snoot - Passed at 66 back in 1974
Smiley - passed at 55 back in 1967
Billie Jo - passed at 56 in 2000

Only 3 of dem still wit us. Course Ize not countin everyone who showed up on dat show.
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:17 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to be anutter hot one wit a chance of afternoon showers.

We [me an my bud went to de Craw fish Shack yesterday. He drove his brand new [jes redone] black 40 Ford. Sum how he added a/c, power steering and power brakes. Had de whole thin insulated so it rides and sounds like a Cadirac. New 302 and Rustang rearend . Pretty cool [if ya care fer Fords]

Clint, I ya need sum hay come bale my back yard. De wet afternoons has got the fescue knee high.

As fer as ole TV shows, I always like Hollywood squares and de Beverley Hill Billies. An of course Emma Peal in de Avengers. She was as hot as a two dollar pistol.

Mike, Thanks but Comfortis makes Red dog pitch his cookies
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:22 AM
CQR

Jamesbo, The donkeys are asking to stay at yer house for summer vacation.

Well, I have a cousin coming into town on Friday From Ohio. He hasn't been here for over 20 years. Dad's birthday is today. 76 and countin. I sure wish he'd stop trying to make his millions the easy way, and enjoy life for a change.

Better get some paperwork done. Gotta get Sales tax in. Have a great day all.
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:47 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Very tropical feeling out here this morning. We got a little rain last night, but not much. It was 101 degrees at home when I got there last evening. The pizza turned out to be a good idea, lol. We are supposed to get storms today that's gonna bring in the cold front and cool us off. We'll see. That humidity is just unreal out there. I could not live in those southern areas where it's soooo humid through the summer months....

Hoping to go to Chick A fil A tonight - we'll see what the weather does. I haven't been there since May!

Happy Bday to your dad, Clint. Where does your cousin live here in Ohio? I hope he enjoys your beautiful state.

I made an appt. to see Dr. Bressi this afternoon so I get to leave about 4:10. I want to tell her what Dr. 'cha-ching' Banks told me last week. I'm gonna tell her that I want to see another urologist just to see what they would do if they had a patient in my situation. Would they be making a plan 'right now' while the stent is in and all is good, just in case the tube closes up when the stent comes out, (which to me is the correct answer) or would they wait to take the stent out, see if the tube closes, then if it does, put in another stent while 'we decide what to do'?? I really didn't like it when he said that. $$$$$$. So I'll see what she thinks.

It's slow and quiet again. Clay is off Friday, then Steve is off all next week. Gee.... I get to listen to Brian whine.......

Well you all have a good hump day and stay cool if possible!
Old July 18th, 2012, 07:15 AM
Captain Starfire

Summer in the Swamps

Hopefully we'll get a few more showers today. It's still hot as a Winn Dixie brandin' iron, so we could use it. I managed to do a "quick" mow yesterday -- that's one w/out trimming and cleanup; so I should finish wit' dat stuff tonite iffin' it doesn't rain (which I hope it does).

OK, all the talk of Petticoat Junction and Peter Marshall made me think of the old shows we grew up with. I'm w/Jamesbo on the Hillbillies. They're hard to beat to this day. But I also liked The Rifleman, Hawaii Five-0, and Kojak, to name a few. And gimme some more Perry Mason, Twilight Zone, and Alfred Hitchcock Presents and I'm a happy man.

BTW: 3 dead men: Chuck Connors, Jack Lord, Telly Savalis -- I guess I'm gettin' old. But hopefully, I'll outlive Sam Drucker.

In all honesty, my two all-time faves are Seinfeld and The X-Files. Ain’t nuttin’ on at present I really give a rat-tail file about.
Old July 18th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

John! I have never, ever run into anyone else who said their all time favorite show was Seinfeld. What I don't understand is that when Seinfeld went off the air it was something like the highest rated TV show of all time, but you never find anyone who likes it. Hm.

At this point we've all out-lived Sam Drucker.

It's well over 90 here today, nice and sunny. I fully expect some storms to roll in just about the time I have to get ready for work. Ah work. I've been off 11 days. I hope they don't have to retrain me.

Went to my favorite pizza place last night. It was free upsize night, but for some reason they didn't upsize my medium to a large, so they just gave me another medium. Boy do I have pizza left.

Happy Birthday to your Dad, Clint. How's he doing, anyway?

Jamesbo I guess the only alternative is to have Red go for a swim every day.

Sandy maybe if Brian is the only one there he won't say a word to you, which will make things quiet because we know you won't say a word to him. Has he ever said anything about his tasteless and totally inapropriate texts?

Don't know what I should do this afternoon. Finish the trimming in the yard maybe, work on one of the cars. Oh, that's a good idea. I need to get the yellow truck ready to sell.

Good afternoon all.
Old July 18th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Cutlass Lover

Mike.... Nope - Brian has never mentioned the texts and neither have I. I just try not to talk to him period. I'm sure he's wondering why I'm not very friendly. When and if he asks, I'll tell him. Glad you enjoyed your pizza. I brought leftover pizza for lunch, lol, and I have 2 more pieces for tomorrow's lunch.

Boy it's another hot one out here. I took my lounge chair out and laid in the sun at lunch time. A little cloudy, but doesn't look like it's gonna rain anytime soon. We are under a 'severe thunderstorm watch' right now though, through 1 am! It's 93 degrees.
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
I wuz lookin at de reglar cast members from dat show
Uncle Joe - Passed at 76 back in 1979
Kate Bradley - Passed at 62 back in 1968
Sam Drucker - just passed on June 8 dis year at 96 years!
Floyd Snoot - Passed at 66 back in 1974
Smiley - passed at 55 back in 1967
Billie Jo - passed at 56 in 2000
Allan: You sound like a cop with his first radar gun....besides I had heard that Uncle Joe was movin' kinda slow"....

Sandy: Congrats on the win...Is it so hot in OH that the trophy glue is melting...
Old July 18th, 2012, 11:42 AM

Funny, I was jes read'in de local fish wrapper and Accord'in to de AJC, De highest paid person on TV is ........................Judge Judy @45 million per annum.

Sum how I thinks dis is a reflection on today's society and their TV habits
Old July 18th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Captain Starfire

Yikes!

She is one tough cookie; downright mean, iffin' you axe me. But maybe no meaner than Judge Wapner... who, BTW, is pushin' Sam Drucker status by turning 93 this year.

Funny, I was jes read'in de local fish wrapper and Accord'in to de AJC, De highest paid person on TV is ........................Judge Judy @45 million per annum.
Sum how I thinks dis is a reflection on today's society and their TV habits
Mike, I was behind the curve w/Seinfeld... I didn't get into it until it went into syndication... maybe that says something about me; but now, I'm a certifiable Sein0holic! I have all 9 seasons on DVD and practically know each episode by heart. Jerry's a genius, and so is Larry -- albeit a warped one. But besides the writing and production values -- which were unequalled IMHO -- the side and guest characters made it what it was. Jerry had the genius to play a peripheral character most of the time, and not be the center of attention.

(Newman !)

Also, I'm a huge fan of the original series Star Trek. I went to see Gene Roddenberry and his wife, Nurse Chapel (Majel Barrett) talk at LSU in 1975 (also long after it had gone into syndication) and was hooked for life.
Old July 18th, 2012, 12:14 PM

John,

May you live long and prosper.
Old July 18th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ah ha ha ha ha ha .... perfect setup Jim......here's the followup

He'll have no 'tribble' at all doing that!

I LOVE that old show.....(episode - The Trouble with Tribbles)
Old July 18th, 2012, 04:03 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well how's that for timing? Just pressed "post" and the skies opened up and de cow let loose. I thought she was gone for a while. She came for a visit this mawnin from around 3 to 4:00 am too. The mawnin news said 84% relative humidity.

Forgot ta menshun!! Dis mawnin I fynlly decides to replace de MOEN shower valve dat's bin crackin de acryllic shower *****. Got de replacement valve from dem and lubed it as per de destructions. Went downstairs to turn off de water and de durned water shutoff valve doesn't werk!! It just won't turn off and I don't want ta break it and flood de basement. So I called around and de best I could find was a plumber dat could do it next week. Ders a catch - ders always a catch. Ready fer dis???? Since de valve is BEFORE de meter, it hasta be shutoff at de street by de City! So I called de City. Dey said it would be a 40.00 charge for each site visit - one to shut off an one to turn back on....crap!

So I calls back de plummer. De nice lady says SHE will set it up so de plummer and City shows up at de same time to save me waitin charges by de plummer! Dey charge 87.00/hour an 55 service call. So dat's fine. She felt dat I wuz bein very reasonable an glad I chose dem, so she's also givin me a Seniors discount. Still, I tink dis is gonna be an easy 250.00 all said and done.

In a way I'm glad I found dis prollem now. What if I'd been away and de wife or son had to go try turn off de water??? No way they could have. So after de fix iz dun, I'm installin shut off valves under every faucet we got. Wouldn't ya just know the problem valve would be the most important one in the whole house?? Next Wed mawnin will be de time ov reckonin. I figger on playin up to the plummer wit coffee and danishes if he gots ta wait. Maybe dat will git some good results??? We'll see
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:03 PM

John,

May you live long and prosper.

My. Uncle. WentToSchool. With..... William Shatner.
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well I shoulda went to Chick fil A tonight. Not a drop of rain has fallen even with the clouds and wind. Crap!!!!! It has cooled down some, but is still muggy.

So I went to see Dr. Bressi and talked to her about this stent and its removal. She said there is no way to have a plan in effect if the ureter tube closes up when the stent comes out, as they don't know where it might close up at. She said this pain I get and the twinges I have and feel in the lower abdomen now, is not where the tube was the narrowest when he did the first surgery. It was narrowest back where the ureter tube goes into the kidney! I told her it never hurts back there at all. Its all where the ureter goes into the bladder in front. So....... I guess we see when he takes the stent out, what happens. She said my big swelled up kidney was probably pushing on the other organs that are crammed in the gut and that was what caused that little pain that made me see her in the first place, that led to all this. I havent had that little pain since the stent has been in, so it must be making my kidney drain into the bladder like its supposed to and it isn't so swollen now. Guess that's a good thing.

Well I suppose I better water these plants on the deck since it didn't rain. Later.....
Old July 18th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Time for work. Hope I make it in this time.

The 67 Cutlass I've been watching on ebay ended, a second time, but this time a scammer was the winner, and I was runner up at 1900. The guy emails me and says what's my best offer, he'll tell his uncle(the owner). I told him 1200. I'm guessing he won't get back to me. Go look it up, it's the white-ish crappy convertible in Connecticut. Sure it looks like it would drive to Atlanta.

Rain this afternoon, quite a storm actually, but it's let off for the most part. Got the dogs to go outside but they just turned and ran back in. Meanwhile I'm the one standing in the rain saying, come on guys lets go potty! Maybe we'll try it again in a minute.

John I've seen every Seinfeld several times. Jerry is the straight man and they all crack me up! The line that got me hooked, I think it was the second episode, was when Jerry got robbed and the police were there and he said they took the answering machine. Jerry says, I hate the thought of someone returning my calls.

Allan you can't go out and turn the valve yourself? Or the plumber? At my house the valve is easy to access, I could turn it myself if I wanted to and not call anyone. I wouldn't tell anyone if you did.

Some years ago Judge Judy said she didn't care if some bad guy killed himself. Boy did she get some flack over that. I think the gal that took Wopners place is hot. Some spanish chick. I wouldn't want to be on the wrong side of the bench, though.

Okay here we go. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old July 18th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by 442much
My. Uncle. WentToSchool. With..... William Shatner.
Wierd....or What??? You. Eventypelike. He......tokked!! Mr. Chekov! Romulan Chebby's ontheportbow. LockOnPhasers.....FIRE!!!!

Mike - I only wish. Nope the City would prolly sue me if I did - it's their property even though it's on my land. You need as special shut off tool that goes down into the ground about 4 ft. The shut off isn't at the top like on a frost bib. Up here the code is prolly different. Trust me, if it was as simple as me or the plumber turning it off, we'd likely have this done tomorrow.

It's even more retarded. If something happened to that water line (it's buried about 8 feet down because of the cold winters here) the City would come and rip up my landscaping - fix the connection and leave the restoration of my yard to me. I hope that connection underground lasts forever. I made sure the shutoff was NOT in the middle of the driveway like it is with all my neighbors.

John - they rerun the original Star Trek here in the morning. They also remastered it so it's in HD and 16X9 format. I like that because its way easier on my eyes. Yeah, that nurse Chapel - she was a dish. Didn't know she was Gene Roddenberry's wife though. When you compare the tech of the original to now it's pretty cheezy, but back then??? Man that was slick. I had to laugh at how they made the doors work though - they had 2 guys that would yard on pulleys to 'open' and 'close' the doors. But it worked and the magic of TV 'made it so'. Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty, Sulu, Uhura and Chekov will always have a special place in my memory banks.
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:28 AM
CQR

lol, Funny stuff this morning.

Morning all.

Sandy, My family is from the Fulton county area. Dad grew up in Wauseon and mom grew up outside of Archbold. Just west of Toledo.

Mike Dad is fairing well. Most of his symptoms of the Aneurysm are gone altho I dont think his missing memories will ever come back.

Well, I need to go finish jetting the wifes dirtbike.

Have a great day all.
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:52 AM

Mawn'in all

Cut/copy/paste

Hot wit a chance of afternoon showers.

Allen, I never heared of not be'in able to turn off your own water. We use a meter key down ere and every propery manger has one in his trunk.

What happens if ya have a busted pipe? Down ere sometimes de fire department will shut off de water if you're not around to do it yourself

Try us'in a Vulcan mind probe on de stcuk shut off and see if dat helps.

I wonder if de water company has ever tried a Horta fer lay'in pipe? Dem suckers could sure move de dirt,

Yep, Ole Elenor Donahue sure growed up since she was Betty on Father knows best.

Hey, Whar's Adrian? Whar's Scot?
Old July 19th, 2012, 06:11 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Another humid tropical morning out here. Temps in the 70's. Storm chances again all day today they're saying. Then we're supposed to only be in the 70's tomorrow. I'm wantin to go to Bellacino's tonight....

Jamesbo... I was wondering about Adrian and Scot too! Don't know where they went... Haven't heard from Don for awhile either. I feel bad, I haven't sent a card to his wife for awhile, with all I've had going on. I just forgot all about it. I hope everything is ok with them. Wonder whatever happened with Wolfie and his back and neck. Poor guy! And then there's Blue. I sure wish he'd get back on here.

Clint... I'm not real familiar with that area. I hope your cousin has a good time out there with you all.

Allan R.... we have shut off valves at all of our water pipes. I'm glad we have a well and not city water....

Larry loves Star Trek. All of them spin off shows too. He still watches the re runs. I really never got into it.

Well have a good day all and stay cool!
Old July 19th, 2012, 07:03 AM

I'm a Star Trek fan, the wife makes fun of me whenever there is a comedy skit using the ST theme. This is what you see when you enter the Town of Vulcan, AB.

Attachment 175357
Old July 19th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Cutlass Lover

That's pretty cool!!
Old July 19th, 2012, 07:31 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Here I is

Good Mawnin All

I've been away fer a bit to keep from venting all over this thread To make a long story short I am being wrongfully terminated from the USPS for following the correct procedures for taking unscheduled leave for my Grandfather's wake and funeral And yes I am following up with a grievance and also an EEO against the PM. Anywho this doesn't pay the bills so I've been scouring the job palette down ere.

We got a good bit of rain last night that we needed so much. Looks like another beautimus day 'round ere with temps in the lower 90's

I'm with Sandy on the Star Trek thing, I haven't ever gotten into it. I used to love Lost In Space and even the first three original Star Wars movies.

Well yall have a good day, I've got to get back on the trail
Old July 19th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

Awwww..... that sucks Scot! Do what you can do to prove you followed procedure - don't let em get away with it!!! I'll be hoping it all works out.

We have the cow on the flat rock out here finally!!!! Don't know how long it will last. It's dark as night almost, and pouring. Hope we're getting it at home too. It's been raining for about 10 minutes now.
Old July 19th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Captain Starfire

Good day, all! OK, this is my only post o' da' day, so I gotta make it count... startin' to get busy back at the salt mine.

Boy, we got sum talent on dis board! Kirk impersonators, w/out a word being uttered! Cool, Ken & Allan... it's kinda' like readin' an episode of the $20,000 Pyramid (speaking of doornails, poor Dick ).

Mike, I'd be hard pressed to pick out one or two lines from all the rest. We watched The Calzone last night; that's the one where Elaine & Jerry are smoking Todd Gack's fake "Cuban's" from Peru, and Jerry said it's like smoking a chicken bone --- and Kramer finally finds a way to use up all his stored up pennies, nickels, & dimes .

Jamesbo, that Eleanor Donahue was quite the sight for sore eyes. Gene knew how to get those red-blooded boys to watch. One of my other favorite ST babes is the blonde that played Lenore Koridian in "The Conscience of the King." Then there's Shahna in The Gamesters of Triskelion. What can you possibly say about Shahna?

Yeah, Gene and Majel/Christine/Number One stayed married until he croaked; word is they were married in Japan in 1969 right after the original series was canceled. I guess he got the last laugh. As for the props and special effects, they did fabulous with the shoe-string budgets and resources they had. They financially struggled from The Cage (wow, that Susan Oliver) until the final episode.

And Scot, I usta' watch Lost in Space when it was originally on; Penny was my "girlfriend." Gotta' say, though, the effects haven't aged well; and Dr. Smith wears on me like an old Lawrence Welk show... but it was fun at the time!

Weird, 'cause it seems Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, another Irwin Allen show, seemed to have slightly better production values.... not quite as heavy on the Limburger.

But good luck w/ that USPS deal; sounds like a raw deal... maybe ask Newman's advice? He used to call in sick if it was raining....
Old July 19th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well the rain did nothing to cool us off. Made it more tropical muggy yucky feeling out there. I walked a little since the rain was down to a light sprinkle. Had my umbrella if needed, lol.

I put a Gilad workout dvd in my laptop at lunchtime when the guys left and did a little bicep & tricep workout with hand weights, and some shoulder and back moves that didn't require me bending or twisting or anything with the abdomen area. It sure felt nice to be working out some again! I don't do it often in car show season, lol. I keep weights, a stretchy band, and workout clothes and shoes here. I like to workout at lunchtime in the winter if it's too bad to go out and walk.
Old July 19th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin all

Beautiful day here. Started out this mawnin with a fair bit 'o rain. The forecast was for clear skies, but oh well. We'll take it. Temps are down a bit - currently sitting at 61° and gentle breeze. Supposed to be a lot nicer tomorrow.

Didn't go for breakfast with the old pharts this mawnin.

Jamesbo/Sandy - I don't think it's what you think. We have a valve in the house to shut off water, just like everyone has. That's the valve that's not working. The one the plumber and I aren't allowed to touch is outside (not anywhere close to the house) that needs a special key to operate. Only the City water dept has the key. That's why I have to get them to come out and turn off the water from the street side. Then the plumber can fix the house side valve so I can turn water off/on inside the house.

John - Lost In Space/Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Another 2 oldies that were 'must see' back in the day. Didn't care for Jonathan Harris, but I sure agree with your taste on the wimmen. VTTBOTS gave a whole new meaning to the US Navy and undersea exploration. Why some of those undersea Monsters made the Seaview look like a tiny model in the water......

Scot - Star Wars is also cool. Now that its available in HD and surround sound + remastered? It's even better. Will be taking some pics at the car show on Sat and looking for special order stuff I can add to your thread.

Ken - what color star trek uniform do you have? I always found it interesting they designated color to identify position description. Prolly easier than having all that braid and campaign ribbons worn nowadays? So who on the Enterprise would say the following??

"It's worse than that - he's DEAD Jim!!!"
"Cap'n I'm givin her all I got, any more power and the dilithium chambers will implode".
"Engineering - I. don'thavetimeforthis, I. WANT. Warp factor7. NOW"
"That's highly illogical Captain"
"Course laid in"
"I'm getting a message from Starfleet command on 'subspace' frequency"
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Mawnin all

Beautiful day here. Started out this mawnin with a fair bit 'o rain. The forecast was for clear skies, but oh well. We'll take it. Temps are down a bit - currently sitting at 61° and gentle breeze. Supposed to be a lot nicer tomorrow.

Didn't go for breakfast with the old pharts this mawnin.

Jamesbo/Sandy - I don't think it's what you think. We have a valve in the house to shut off water, just like everyone has. That's the valve that's not working. The one the plumber and I aren't allowed to touch is outside (not anywhere close to the house) that needs a special key to operate. Only the City water dept has the key. That's why I have to get them to come out and turn off the water from the street side. Then the plumber can fix the house side valve so I can turn water off/on inside the house.

John - Lost In Space/Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea. Another 2 oldies that were 'must see' back in the day. Didn't care for Jonathan Harris, but I sure agree with your taste on the wimmen. VTTBOTS gave a whole new meaning to the US Navy and undersea exploration. Why some of those undersea Monsters made the Seaview look like a tiny model in the water......

Scot - Star Wars is also cool. Now that its available in HD and surround sound + remastered? It's even better. Will be taking some pics at the car show on Sat and looking for special order stuff I can add to your thread.

Ken - what color star trek uniform do you have? I always found it interesting they designated color to identify position description. Prolly easier than having all that braid and campaign ribbons worn nowadays? So who on the Enterprise would say the following??

"It's worse than that - he's DEAD Jim!!!"
"Cap'n I'm givin her all I got, any more power and the dilithium chambers will implode".
"Engineering - I. don'thavetimeforthis, I. WANT. Warp factor7. NOW"
"That's highly illogical Captain"
"Course laid in"
"I'm getting a message from Starfleet command on 'subspace' frequency"
What bothered me about Lost In Space was I remember one show where they said they had to abondon the Jupiter II for a cave because it was going down to -200F that night and the ship's heaters couldn't keep them warm enough. Duh, space has a temperature of 0 Kelvin or -273C or -459F and the ship can't handle -200F? I did like Judy though. I was 9, she was about 18.

Allan my uniform is Tan, I alway liked the idea.........Tan is command and I saw........ I always ...... I also have a phaser belt.......are you being serious or just.............. forget it!
Old July 19th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ken - you crack me up. Course I wasn't being serious. You got a phaser belt? WOW. I thought you just had spurs. BTW, talked to Curtis this morning. He'll be coming to the show on Sat. He's curious about how to mount those swivels in his Cutlass. When you see him you'll see why he needs the legroom!!

Of course you know that tan/yellow (whatever) isn't a flattering color for anyone. Shatner was struggling with weight problems when that show aired and he had to wear a girdle so he would fit the image/role he was filling. You can see it in some scenes if you look carefully.

So you liked Judy huh? Blib didn't do nothin for ya???

I liked the robot - it was cooool. I wanted that robot, still do. It was the fore runner to the modern day taser. Remember how it used to shoot electrical energy from it's 'claws'??? I would have put the 'off' switch somewhere else though.
Old July 19th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone, and a beautiful one at that.

Scot that sure sucks about the post office. Any way to get that reversed?

Not much else going on around here. Got some good sleep today and the rain I thought we'd get hasn't shown up. I hope it stays away for a good while; the lake is up and the grass is green, good enough for me.

Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old July 19th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Scot - somehow I missed that post about the USPS. I'm so sorry. Personally I can't see how they have a leg to stand on. Every company I know allows 'Bereavement leave'. My union worked it so that immediate family you get 3 paid days for family - just have to provide proof of passing. Someone in the mgmt circle there needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Best of luck with your proceedings. You should win and also get retroactive pay to compensate this *****.
Old July 19th, 2012, 09:23 PM

Scott, sorry to hear that. My wife started with Canada Post last year and she seems to like the job. I'm not in a union (anymore) and we get 1 week for the death of an immediate family member, 3 days for uncles, aunts grandparents etc. and 1/2 day for friends. I hope your union can help, doesn't seem fair.

Allan...I wasn't being serious about you being serious. I went to go to a Star Trek convension when one was at the Coast Terrace Inn in Edmonton. Went with Karen and one son. I asked how much to get in, the girl said $25. So I gave my $25 and saw that Karen and Nicolas were being stopped. I told them I had paid and they said $25 each. I told them to give me my $25 back. I like Star Trek, but not that much. Stick it in your Jeffries tube.
Old July 20th, 2012, 04:22 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Scot sorry to here about the job situation. Here's wishin you find a bigger and better opportunity.

I used to watch star trek as a kid. I never got really into it. and never got into any of the next generations of trek shows.

Sandy hope it drys out a little bit and cools off.

Spose to break 100 today. I'll still be busier than a cat covering crap. My employee is only working till noon, then he's off to Monarch to go hill climb racing.

Sounds like some nutjob doesn't like the Dark Knight here in Aurora. I guess thats one good thing about getting old. I have no desire to get up and go out and see a movie at 12:30 in the morning.

Well, everyone have as positive Friday as possible.
Old July 20th, 2012, 05:34 AM

Mawn'in all

Hot and drizzel'in dis mawn'in

Scot, Give me de werd and I'll send uncle Louie down thar to rearrange which ways his kness bend.

Went to a wake yesterday fer an ole friend who I met 40 years ago in de real-estate business. Got to see a bunch of folks who I'm surprised are still vertical.

Welp, Olds friends have a great Friday and get rested up fer de weekend.
Old July 20th, 2012, 06:07 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All

Looks like yet another beautimus day ere with temps in the low 90's and mo wet stuff in da evening. We've got rain the last few evenings and now the grass needs cutting again

Thanks all for the kind words, it really does stink the way I am being treated

Wow Clint I guess that nut went "Postal" 12 dead

Jamesbo I think we need to take em for a ride, a looong ride

Mike the EEO and grievances should overturn this with compensation.

Hey John, is that Norton from the Honeymooners in your avatar? It looks like his get up but I don't bermember him wearing that space helmet.

Well yall have a great Friday and a safe weekend
Old July 20th, 2012, 06:08 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

Hazy and humid out here. Cloudy. Temps in the 70's and that's where they're gonna stay. It's still humid and yucky though. No dry air in the area yet. Supposed to be a nice weekend though! I have a show tomorrow and one on Sunday!!!

That is a sad thing about the movie shooting, Clint. I was wondering if it was close to you. I know Nicole and her friends go to the midnight movies all the time. Who thinks of someone coming in and shooting??? My God. Something is wrong with society. I think there are genes and chromosomes missing in these generations of kids. I guess they better make some more 'shoot em up' video games for these youngsters to play so they don't miss a new and exciting way to kill people. My heart goes out to the families of those killed and hurt.

Well Steve did our evaluations yesterday and I emailed them to Houston this morning. I got another good one, thank God! I was worried.....

I am like sooooo broke already, lol. Don't get paid again until the 31st. 18 days is a long time to go between paychecks. I spend sooo much money at the car shows and cruise in's. I always buy a lot of 50/50 tickets, raffle tickets, and at the shows it's usually a $10 admission fee. I sure support our local shows and cruise in's, lol. Tonight I have to stock up on animal items for the Protective League show tomorrow. Last year we raised over $2500 in cash, and had like 2 pickup trucks full of donations. It was a wonderful thing. A very good cause.

Scot.... Stick to your guns! We get 3 days off for immediate family funerals. It's hard to give advance notice when you don't know that something is gonna happen....
Well I best get busy doing something, so you all have a great Friday!!!
Old July 20th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Captain Starfire

Yepper

Mornin', all. We had big showers yesterday, and the cow hasn't gone far from the rock today... or the whole weekend, in fact; expectin' 70% today and no less than 50 tomorrow & Sunday. At least it keeps the bugs washed off the Camry .

Scot, yeah, that's Big Ed, alright... forgot to mention, Honeymooners are also on my "faves" list. That was from the episode in which Ed and Ralph share a TV, and Ed insists on watching Captain Video every night, at which time he would don his "space helmet" .... What a riot, Alice

[QUOTE=GAOldsman;430455]Good Morning All
Hey John, is that Norton from the Honeymooners in your avatar? It looks like his get up but I don't bermember him wearing that space helmet. /QUOTE]

Wish we could share some of this rain with the drought-plagued farm belt. Hang in there, my corny friends (and inlaws).
Old July 20th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Hey look at me! Rarely am I up at 10:40 in the morning when I have to work that night. Got home late this morning, having turned over our engine change. We had to change this engine because the FAA didn't like its paperwork. Now, the engine has been on wing and flying for over a week, but now the feds want us to take the engine and completely tear it down and rebuild it. This will actually happen on two airplanes. Long story short there were two flights cancelled this morning(one with the people already on board) because the feds can't make up their minds what they want to do.

Overcast this morning but no rain as of yet. Should be a good sleeping day. That's up to the dogs.

Scot I hope you're right and things work out. It's hard telling why the government does anything.

Jamesbo that's too bad about your friend. Were you friends with him all these 40 years or you just met him 40 years ago and that was that?

Gonna hit the sack. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Old July 20th, 2012, 08:25 AM

The shooting was a damn shame! what the hell is wrong with people! Scot, I hope that the union gets your job back for you. Mike, we make the airfoils in those engines (G.E., Rolls Royce). We finally got some rain, 1", 2.5" north of here where my sister lives, it will clear up for Bike Time this weekend, about 10,000 motorcycles, and 50-60,000 people...yee ha!