The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks guys. I'm trying to stay positive!! I told Steve and Clay that if it's something bad, things are gonna move fast and I won't be around here. They didn't say too much of course. I worry more about the financial end of things - the bills pile up quick when you're off work, and our insurance ain't worth a dammmmm.....

It's just starting to snow a little here. I hate to see it coming...... it's still 'warm' though, in the 30's.

Last edited by cutlassgal; November 26th, 2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old November 26th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Hugs and prayers Sandy! John is right. Have a positive outlook and a good plan should you need it. Hope you don't need it!

Rainy and yucky here today. Good day for sleeping. My girl crawled up on the bed and cuddled all day. Makes sleeping a lot better. My boy was nervous all day, I think he was just jealous. There was plenty of room for him, who knows.

Clint thanks for the offer. You know years ago when it was just the dog and I and no friends or family I'd go get turkey lunchmeat and make big sandwiches for the both of us. I may still do that if we have dinner on Wednesday. Though I'll be sent home with enough leftovers for a small army. My neighbors are very good to me and I can't imagine being without them.

Jamesbo one last trip then that will be it for awhile. In a couple weeks I'm flying up to New Jersey to meet WTony. I bought that ram air hood he was selling and I'm going to keep it ay my neighbor's house near the shore until I can get it home. The pictures look like it's the same color as my car, but even if it's not I thought it was a pretty good deal, considering Thornton's repros go for a lot more. The dogs have been in the hoosgow quite a bit the last few weeks, and they don't need to be anymore.

John my Mom is 72. If family history is any indication, she'll be around awhile longer, but I still take advantage of time spent with her when I can.

Okay time for work. It's Friday. Had a good night last night, we tore apart half the cabin of a 757 to fix some seat track. The fix itself is beyond my scope but we had a good time cutting up with each other, and we were inside most of the night(inside the plane all night).

Have a good night everyone.
Old November 26th, 2013, 02:55 PM

My thoughts are with you Sandy. Hugs sent. You have tons of big brothers here
Old November 26th, 2013, 07:17 PM
GM Enthusiast

Sandy- our prayers are with you. Keep a positive outlook, most of the time they turn out to be nothing.
Old November 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM

Good evening everyone.

Sandy, I hope everything goes well. My thoughts are with you.

Thanks for the congratulations everyone. It is nice to finally not have to worry about where I will be working in a couple of months or even if I will.

The snow has started here and won't be stopping until tomorrow. We could get about a foot in 24 hours. And the first one of the season is always the worst.

Just a short visit tonite.

Have a great Wednesday everyone!
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:13 AM
Captain Starfire

Clint's alarm must've failed ;-)

Mornin', all -- be back soon. Just thought I'd provide some "food" for thought.
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:29 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Sandy, We're thinking about cha and sending positive thoughts your way.

John. Nope, didnt fail. I was busy rinsing Brine off of ol Tommy. He's been soakin for about 30 hours. now spose to let him dry out a little before the oven.

Bought lots of micro brew bombers last night for the shindig. If the family starts squabbling, I'll disapper with one or 2 of those and have my own party.

Happy humpday all
Old November 27th, 2013, 04:57 AM

Mawn'in all

Have a cyber hug Sandy

Cold and windy down ere

Mike, We got lots of food an cats [maybe kids but who knows] Give me a shout if ya need a place to eat [beside de Awful House]

Scot, Ya got de Cast of Sparticus com'in to your house?

Pat, Happy T-day ole friend.

Clint, I have no earthly idear what a micro brew bomber is. But enjoy dem anywho.

Welp, Time to start cook'in

Happy T-day Olds friends
Old November 27th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Windsday everyone.

Been windy all night. And just before we left this morning there was about an inch of slush all over everything. The precipitation has gone now, but the wind is howling!

Looking out at the lake the swans are swimming backwards. I think they are trying to swim forwards but the wind is winning.

Thanks Jamesbo. I see the neighbors have a house full of company already. Haven't heard anything about the feast, they'll probably call this morning some time. I'll be at the Awful house tomorrow for breakfast.

Worked inside all night last night. I helped install an elevator PCA on an A320. Airbus doesn't call them PCAs, but that's what they are. After that a couple guys did this long and inane checkout and still got the messages that facilitated changing the actuator in the first place.

I don't remember when Black Friday became such a big thing. I always heard today called Black Wednesday because no one had to go to work tomorrow so everyone went to the bar to get shttfaced. Eh what do I know.

Think I'll hit the sack for a little while. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old November 27th, 2013, 05:26 AM
CQR

Jamesbo. They are craft beers (Usually very flavorful, hi octane, hoppy, sometimes bitter) usually 20oz's or more and can get up to 15% alcohol.

Attachment 167317
Old November 27th, 2013, 05:55 AM

Clint, WOW a vertual plethora of Dud Suds. I see one name I recognize. Guess people in Colorado don't drink Colorado Koolaide Huh?
Old November 27th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Still snowy here, but not as bad as they said it would get. At least not in our area. We probably have 2.5 inches or so. It's windy, and temps around 28.

Thanks for the prayers and thoughts... I sure appreciate them! God I hate this waiting.... Got the cyber hug, Jamesbo! Thanks!! I was looking at the Cleveland Clinic's website and University Hospitals Siedman Cancer Center's site yesterday, just in case. Of course Dr. Smith is affiliated with Robinson in Ravenna, so if it's something bad and I don't want to go to Robinson, I lose him. He did my surgery 23 years ago and I love him to death, but I'm just not sure Robinson is as good as these others. I know they would be cheaper though. I'm thinking about the bills from the kidney stuff last year and how University Hospitals hosed me..... But I'm having faith that I won't have to make these decisions.

I don't know if we will get out of here early today as usual or not.... there are a ton of Brian's quotes sitting here for Clay and Steve to do, plus their own quotes. I hope we do.

I boiled the eggs last night for deviled eggs that I will make tonight. I'll put a couple pies in the oven too and get them done. I guess Nicole's friend Matt isn't coming now, and I'm not sure about my sister Jean. Lin is staying at the apt. building and having dinner with her new 'boyfriend'.... It will suck if I don't have any of my family around.

I called Defer yesterday and canceled Teepo's appt. She's in for the duration now, lol. Not coming out till warm weather. I still have to clean her good and put the cover on her. I plugged in 2 electric heaters out there so she is toasty.

Well you all have a good hump day!!
Old November 27th, 2013, 06:23 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Wednesday Mawnin All

Brrrrrrr it is a cold blustery day No frozen stuff thankfully but the wind chill is brutal.

Yup Jamesbo, we have "that clan" a coming I think I may do like Clint and sneak off if it gets too deep After the feasting that is

Sandy our thoughts and prayers are with you and we are here for you.

Mike that must be a sight watching the swans swimming backwards So you bought a W25 hood? Does your convertible have a 4 bbl? Are you planning on running the whole setup (Aircleaner with flapper)?

Anywho I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving tomorrow and be sure to save room for desert Happy humpday Oldsmofriends
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Captain Starfire

Happity Humpity on T'giving Eve

Whelpt, PB + raisin bread again today; kinda' habit forming ... not bad atol.

'Twas 37* at the Plantation with a drying trend. Today, instead of the temp jumping 10-15* by the time I get to the S. Shore, it's stickin' in the 40s all day on both sides of the lake, with 20s tonite on N. Shore. No wet or white stuff predicted rest of today or tomorrow.

Steady N. wind still has Lakeshore Dr. flooded and closed. Pretty amazing... wind chill will have to be in single digits tonite. For goodness sake, protect yer tender vegetation!

God help all the poor outdoor dogs of the cretins around me -- and God forgive me for that moniker. But I'd rather be reincarnated as a cockroach: at least I wouldn't be chained to a tree 24x7x365.

Sandy, are you spose to hear something Friday?

Mike, you goin' to AH on T'giving morning? Man, that's commitment. Maybe they'll have turkey sausage w/ a dollop of sweet potato instead of the synthetic grits.

It shouldla' been a snap driving in this morning, but a State Trooper was on I-55 doing 70 on the nose ... so everybody had to follow suit. Talk about dangerous --> The majority of folks are usually doing 80, and of course -- no offense to any of my P/U-driving friends here -- the P/U's (4 feet off the ground, w/6 Battlestar Galactica headlights, normally doing 90 in the left lane w/ diesel-rig exhaust stacks) were totally frustrated, and driving millimeters from the bumpers of their mortal enemies (the poor cars in front of them).

But thank goodness I had another safe commute -- which is miraculous in itself most mornings.

Clint, enjoy those bombers. Like Jamesbo, that term was part of my continuing education. (I knew of microbreweries and craft beers. In my drinkin' days many moons ago, a friend of mine used to make his own, and what a treat that was... especially the strawberry stuff he used to bottle.)

Whelpt, y'all have a great day and great Thanksgiving, and keep it between the gutters .

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; November 27th, 2013 at 07:30 AM.
Old November 27th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well.... we're still here. ( Houston shut down at noon. Our printer jammed a few minutes ago, and I tried calling Houston - tried about 8 different people in the IT Dept. and no one answered the phones. Tried different departments too lol, and no answer. I finally put one of the IT people's cell phone number into my cell phone and sent a text!! The girl answered me, and cleared out the printer! Brian's quotes are laying here 10 deep, Steve was freaking out while the printer was down.... New York called at 2:50 and said they were shutting down and that we could go too, but too much stuff backed up here for us to leave. This sucks...........
Old November 27th, 2013, 07:58 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Rainy here today, started out around 63 degrees in the am and by nightfall it was 40 and falling. Going to be barely above freezing tomorrow which is way below normal. Looking forward to seeing family, friends and of course, lots of football. If I don't get on here tomorrow, just wanted to say "Happy Thanksgiving" to all my Oldsmobuds.
Old November 28th, 2013, 04:16 AM

Mawn'in all

Worm

Happy T-day Olds friends
Old November 28th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!

Beautiful here today. But a bit chilly. Not sure what it's supposed to get up to today.

No word from the neighbors so just in case I have the traditional turkey lunchmeat for sandwiches.

Went to Walmart yesterday afternoon and when I came out saw two of the most pitiful dogs ever. The one I had seen several weeks ago, but the other one was some sort of bird dog, hound dog. I had a bag of treats and when he saw them he came right up to me. We ate them all sitting next to the car, but when I tried to get him to jump in he wouldn't. Chicken Strips 1 Trust 0. I don't know what I'd do with more dogs, mine would have a cow. I wish the people that dumped him would stay out in the cold a few nights maybe they'd have a revelation.

Okay time for the Awful house. John I don't eat grits anyway, and I wouldn't if I did after seeing how they "freshen up" hours old grits. I did offer once to take the old grits home so I could patch the driveway.

Okay everyone hope you all have a fun and enjoyable day.

Edit: I saw my neighbor when I was out with the dogs just now, dinner at 5. Woohoo!

Last edited by slantflat; November 28th, 2013 at 05:44 AM.
Old November 28th, 2013, 06:20 AM
CQR

Mornin. Nice score Mike! Maybe after a time or 2 you can get the trust of the pup.

Jamesbo. Some of us still drink Coors or its relatives. But remember we have a AB Budweiser brewery here too. Not to mention Over 160 Micro-breweries and almost 60 more getting ready to start up. I may actually turn the tube on today and watch some football. I havent seen any yet this year.

John, I've sure come a long way. I never liked anything more potent than a Killians red as recently as a couple years ago. And as far a thirst quencher on a hot day, PBR fits the bill for me.

Everyone have a great thanksgiving.
Old November 28th, 2013, 07:25 AM

Happy Turkey day all, going to my sister's place 75 miles away, where the time honored annual football watching is not remotely understood, much to the chagrin of my brother and I.
Old November 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy Turkey Day All

May your plates be full and your bellies the same.

Save room for desert and thank all that came.

Football and parades is what's on the tube.

I think I mix a few cocktails and slip on out of the room.

Don't forget to set your scales back 10 lbs

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old November 28th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Turkey Day, Oldsmofriends.

Nip in the Louisiana air this morning... got up at my usual time to put the stuffing in the bird and get in the oven... temp actually went down a degree to 27* from 4 to 5 a.m. Spose to get into the 50s today, and is rumored to be a gorgeous day.

Originally Posted by slantflat
I wish the people that dumped him would stay out in the cold a few nights maybe they'd have a revelation.

John I don't eat grits anyway, and I wouldn't if I did after seeing how they "freshen up" hours old grits. I did offer once to take the old grits home so I could patch the driveway.
LOL! no hardener required , huh Mike? I'm with you on the punishment for the lice that drop "pets" off places to fend for themselves. The term "public execution" comes to mind... but perhaps some would think that to be a bit extreme.... I'm not 100% sure, but I'm practically certain there was a poor cat sitting on the concrete side-rail of I-10 on the way home yesterday afternoon.... I guess I could have slammed on the brakes and tried to stop and rescue, but alas, there was really no way. I hope I was hallucinating.

Clint, you're making progress! ;-)

Love that Thanksgiving "card," Jamesbo. Maybe the lady pilgrim would be consoled to know of all the men who pretty much do all the cooking 500 years later...

Whelpt, don't eat (or drink) too much, boys & girl. We all have so much to be thankful for, even through all the bad stuff that befalls us in life.
Old November 28th, 2013, 10:57 AM

Mike ya should come up here and eat'in twice. If you'd brought de pups, I woulda fed dem 2 cats each.
Old November 29th, 2013, 04:16 AM

Worm a-gain

WTH is everyone?
Old November 29th, 2013, 05:31 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin All

Cold but not as cold as yesterday. Seems we broke some 100 y/o record for the low for the 28th of Nov in general and the coldest Thanksgiving low as a whole. Didn't seem too bad in the sun but the wind had a nip to it.

Successfully slept off the turkey coma and part two of the remaining cast is going to put me in another turkey coma around lunchtime

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, I know I did
Old November 29th, 2013, 06:02 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Slept in a good long time . Felt good, but my lower back is not happy. The missus has to run the store, today and the kid and I are going to de-leaf the premises.

Have a great day all.
Old November 29th, 2013, 07:55 AM

Happy Day after over eating day. I hope everyone had a great day

I am sitting here at home and for the first time in my life I am actually working from home. It is sure nice. Right now everyone else is still in bed and the dogs are nice and quiet in their kennel.

I do software support for a time keeping company and I am the one behind the chat for help window today. I was going to go in and answer phone calls. but when I asked the boss lady (yes a boss lady) she said I could work from home.
Old November 29th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Captain Starfire

Happy Fright Day to all... hope we all survived the turkey... all went according to plan down here, thank goodness. Bird was awesome....
Jamesbo, watch that profane cat talk....
Y'all have a great one!
Old November 29th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Afternoon.

Oh, slow to get going this morning. Got to bed late, didn't sleep well, dogs kept waking me up. Got to the Awful house before 10, barely.

Great meal yesterday at my neighbors, and more importantly great company. I'm so grateful to be included in their family gatherings, they are all wonderful people. There was enough food for 10 Thanksgivings.

Sandy waiting to hear your test results. Fingers crossed and prayers said. That was today, yes?

Jeff I'd love to work from home. Kinda hard to get the airplanes to my house though. Our company just switched to some time keeping company for payroll. I guess the way they'd been doing it for the past 84 years wasn't good enough.

Okay gotta get something done. Don't have any real plans, maybe I'll just play with the dogs. Drove past Walmart this morning but didn't see my buddy out there. Just as well.

Have a good one everyone and don't push and shove too much at the stores.
Old November 29th, 2013, 01:48 PM

Sandy, Is today the day ya gets de test result back?
Old November 29th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Happy to hear a good Thanksgiving was had by all. We had a nice one. Jean came down, Jr. and Elyse came, and Jr's new girlfriend. She seems nice, but talks like a 'valley girl', like totally..... We had way too much food, of course, so I sent plenty of leftovers home with everyone. Jean, Nicole and I fought the mobs at Wal Mart and Target last night. Wal Mart was just friggin nuts! Target wasn't so bad. We only got a few things, no real bargains. Nicole got a PS3 bundle for a good price, I guess.

So yes, I got the call from Dr. Smith this morning, and unfortunately it wasn't good news. It is called Triple Negative breast cancer, and it doesn't sound like a good one to have from what I read. I have to go see him Monday afternoon to see what my options are. I told him I'm already thinking double masectomy and reconstruction surgery. I don't have to worry about it coming back, then. Well at least not in the breasts. It can still show up somewhere else. He's saying lumpectomy again, but I don't know.

So needless to say, I'm not very pleasant to be around right now! I am angry beyond belief. It's just not fair. We have pedophiles, rapists, murderers and all sorts of healthy scum out there, and someone like me gets cancer??? I know it's all part of Gods plan, whatever that may be, but I can't help but question it. I'm not all that upset right now, just friggin mad.

I went through this 23 years ago. Different type, different breast. 7 weeks of radiation, 6 months of chemo. Guess I'm just a cancer magnet or something. Dr. Smith said the good side is we caught it small. Of course now I'm worried that since he went in and clipped it, that he made microscopic pieces of it loose and it's floating around in there ready to reattach to some other part of me. I asked about that the first time I went through this, and they can't say that no, that doesn't happen. There's a lot they can't say about this crap, I found out.

They will test the lymph nodes of course, to see if any of them are infected.

So I'm pretty much a bundle of nerves right now. Can't eat or sleep much. I'm just mad and bitchy.

Poor Larry just doesn't know what to say or do. He's at a loss. People don't know what to say. About all you can say is I'm sorry, there's nothing anyone can do about it. I understand that. I told him that you lie through your teeth and say everything will be fine, even if you know damned well it won't be. You say positive things even if you're thinking otherwise. The person needs to hear positive.

I sure don't want to lose my hair. I didn't the first time. I wouldn't take the one drug that said I would be bald within 2 weeks, so they gave me a different one. My hair thinned some, but not bad. With this new 'type' I have, it won't respond to the drugs I was given previously from what I read. I don't know yet though. Katy, my hair girl, just might get to cut my hair short after all, lol. She's been wanting to for years...

So tomorrow it's supposed to be nice out, so I'm gonna take down all the fall decorations and put away, take up all the scarecrows and let them dry out before I put them back in the containers, and then I'm gonna sort through the Christmas stuff and see what I want to bring down from the garage. I'm not gonna put much out, cause I don't know what kind of shape I'll be in when it's time to put it all away again. Chemo really kicks your a$$ let me tell ya. I plan on making cookies and fudge and trying to keep some sense of normalcy going. I need that. My emotions will be like a roller coaster for the next few months.

I'd like to just get in Teepo and drive and run away. I gotta get her cleaned and covered before I have any surgery done and can't raise my arms for a long time. I'm more worried about being off work and off pay. Larry can't afford to pay my car payment and bills. He has so much of his own to worry about. Maybe I'll call Don Sitts and see if he has any suggestions about how I can pay for Tincanio. I just don't know how long I'll be incapacitated. I was off for months when I had the first surgery years ago, then on the weeks they gave me the 3 chemo drugs together, I had to be off because I felt like I had the flu. Just weak, tired, and worn out. It sucked. I ended up filing bankruptcy because of all the bills I couldn't pay. Medical can wipe a person out real quick.

Well enough of my complaining for the night. I'm gonna try to see if I can sleep. Keep the prayers coming, only be praying that it hasn't spread now. Love u guys, talk to ya later.
Old November 29th, 2013, 09:22 PM

All of us are here for you, hang in there, and take care.
Old November 30th, 2013, 05:27 AM
CQR

I'm so sorry Sandy. We are all pullin for you.
Old November 30th, 2013, 06:53 AM

Sandy,

That jes sucks.

Hang in there.
Old November 30th, 2013, 08:03 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Sandy we are all here pulling for you. We'll keep praying and you keep us posted.
Old November 30th, 2013, 08:55 AM

Best wishes and prayers coming your way Sandy

Pat
Old November 30th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Captain Starfire

Sandy, I'm sorry this is happening to you. We will do everything we can to support you through the ordeal... keep the faith... Our prayers are with you.
Old November 30th, 2013, 10:12 AM
NOVICE car nut

Man that sucks Sandy , sorry to hear this .
Old November 30th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Always room for one more

Sandy we're with you every step of the way.
Old November 30th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks guys. It means a lot to me to know you're there. I love each of you!!! Just pray now that it is contained and has not spread.

Jamesbo.... if you think my complaining about the weather and the heaters is bad, just wait to see what I have to say about friggin cancer and treatments, lol.

It was decent outside today. Had some sun and temps around 40. Snow is melting some. I got all the scarecrows and such all packed away and schleped all the containers out back to the garage. I didn't put them upstairs yet. That's tomorrows job. I will go through the Christmas stuff while I'm up there and bring some of it down.

I cleaned Teepos windows and wiped down the vinyl inside, this evening. Put the Bounce dryer sheets inside everywhere and in the trunk, and covered her up. She is sad. I told her we'll be back at the shows in no time!

I think I've decided to go to the Siedman Cancer Center over in Cleveland. They do everything right there, which will save a lot of running around everywhere. I'm going to call Monday and see if I can get in right away. I hope I can. If I can't, then I'll call the Cleveland Clinic. I'm not messin around with this!! I almost cried when I washed and dried my hair tonight. I haven't cried yet, I'm still just mad.

Well I gotta go get laundry out of the dryer, so I'll talk to ya tomorrow.