The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 10th, 2023, 07:25 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
So we can believe that the new boyfriend is in jail and possibly the exwife?
Appears not to be the case.
Old March 10th, 2023, 08:12 AM
Always room for one more

Ya I just read that article. I suspect, as in most cases, the truth lies somewhere in the middle of the two stories, although I would lean towards the daughter's recount as closer to what happened. Whatever they find it's still tragic.

The morning has been going okay. A little slow, but no big hiccups. I'll be stopping by the Awful house on my way home. Last I was past the roll up door it was raining, but if it stops I'll find something to do outside. Or I'll take a nap.

I hate that Robert Blake died. I wasn't a fan, but geez his whole life was filled with misery. Maybe now he'll find peace. I watched Electraglide In Blue years ago. Kind of a bizarre movie. I never knew VW offered a roll down back window in the Bus. Especially since the front windows didn't roll down...

Old March 10th, 2023, 08:16 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Did State Farm agent write you a fatty check to cover what you'd expect?
Old March 10th, 2023, 08:21 AM
Running On Empty

Very modest slow misty rainfall. I picked up a small bag of Southern Mix Grass Seed at Ace Hardware this morning (0700 HRS) & had it on ~15 cubic yards of new top soil I put down yesterday to cover a low spot in the back yard. Fingers crossed on germination. I ordered the incorrect filters for the house (I did order the correct filters after realizing my mistake). I returned the incorrect filters to UPS this morning (0745 HRS) and the new correct sized filters arrive today. I am so unbelievably happy with Amazon Prime. Thankful I've been a member for some years now - makes my life very, very easy to navigate.
Old March 10th, 2023, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Hey guy's - The first news I could find on the shooting death of my BIL's son broke late last evening, I think around 10 or 11. The initial reporting does not match the story relayed to me by my BIL, which had been relayed to him by his granddaughter. As I said yesterday, and per Kenneth's statement quoted above, it will be interesting to find out the true story. Right now, the Battle Creek Police are calling it a justified home invasion shooting and no one has been taken into custody, although the investigation is ongoing. Here's an article:
https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/...a-38b8398faa30
This is different, and invalidates my previous response.
Old March 10th, 2023, 08:29 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
...at least based upon the current news source.
Old March 10th, 2023, 08:45 AM
Running On Empty

Spring Forward Sunday, March 12, 2023 at 2:00 A.M (for the majority of the country that is).

Old March 10th, 2023, 08:45 AM
Always room for one more

Norm he wasn't from State Farm, he was from the "opposing" insurance company. Actually very nice and helpful, his estimate was 1500 and some change. He said the home office will send it to me and I should get it in a few days. That seems a little low, so I'm wondering if he lowballed me thinking I'd keep the money and not get the car fixed. We'll see when I take it in if they find it will take more than what he says.

Getting close to quittin' time. Four guys already left because they are flying to Miami for a fishing trip. So Day 1 and the lead is already going against the new policy. Makes me think even more that he pulled the whole thing out of his ***.

Not raining right now but breezy and cold. Outside work 0, Nap 1.

Old March 10th, 2023, 08:47 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Ah, right - the opposing insurance company. Hopefully things will progress smoother than the roofer.
Old March 10th, 2023, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
Yes, and understandably, because the initial news reports don't jive with the initial story told to me and passed on to you guys. I have never met the deceased son of my BIL, and I know absolutely nothing about him. However, it is common to hear stories of ex-husbands going to the residence of an ex-wife and raising hell, or worse, especially if he is under the influence of something. Like I said, it will be interesting to see the final results of the investigation?
Old March 10th, 2023, 09:25 AM
Running On Empty

Back entrance to Georgetown Estates Apartments:

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...7QQpx96BAg7EA0
Old March 10th, 2023, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Back entrance to Georgetown Estates Apartments:

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?pb=!1...7QQpx96BAg7EA0
I don't understand what you mean by "back entrance"? Link takes me to their website with general pics of the complex.
Old March 10th, 2023, 10:35 AM
Running On Empty

The link takes you to the "Street View" of the complex. If you elect to click on the Street View you'll notice it is of the back entrance (Through which you can navigate).

IOW, to make this more understandable (perhaps) it is NOT the entrance from M96.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; March 10th, 2023 at 10:37 AM.
Old March 10th, 2023, 10:46 AM
Running On Empty

This is their website - note the complete difference in URL link(s):

https://www.georgetown-estates.com/
Old March 10th, 2023, 11:01 AM
Running On Empty

Old March 10th, 2023, 11:38 AM

The link takes you to the "Street View" of the complex. If you elect to click on the Street View you'll notice it is of the back entrance (Through which you can navigate).

IOW, to make this more understandable (perhaps) it is NOT the entrance from M96.
I understand all that, but I was thinking there was some significance of it being "the back entrance", but now I see there isn't, you were just pointing out the Street View put you at that location.

If you look at the high altitude overview pic of the complex, that's the downtown Battle Creek skyline in the upper left distance. The two tall Grey skyscrapers have been there prior to the 50's, the rust colored large building is the Kellogg's HQ.

Old March 10th, 2023, 12:08 PM
Running On Empty

Today's eight hours of light misting rain has been fantastic for germinating/soaking new grass seed. ABCD Scramble golf tournament tomorrow, shotgun start 12:30PM. Player's dinner this evening (6-8PM), they'll draw teams based upon handicap.
Old March 10th, 2023, 12:19 PM

ABCD Scramble golf tournament tomorrow
Good luck tomorrow Norm! Hit em straight . . . and stuff em down the clown's mouth!
Old March 10th, 2023, 12:22 PM
Running On Empty

This tournament is always a fun tournament. Should be a good time - 56°F high, no rain, modest wind - very comfortable, actually.
Old March 10th, 2023, 12:51 PM

Heading Norte
Old March 10th, 2023, 12:54 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Heading Norte
Going to try WiFi Calling?
Old March 10th, 2023, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Heading Norte
Safe travels Jim, hope you have a great weekend!
Old March 10th, 2023, 01:50 PM

Unfortunate incident in B.C. Chris, hope that they figure out what really happened.
Old March 10th, 2023, 03:20 PM
Always room for one more

Norm do you think the back entrance has something to do with what happened? The whole thing stinks. If the man were planning on causing harm to the ex, why would he bring the daughter? The police would be able to find out if there was forced entry. I think the boyfriend's story was concocted afterwards.

Turned out to be a nice afternoon, with the sun out and not too cold. The wind is picking up which means I'll be on car cover patrol tomorrow. We got out right at noon and I went to the Awful house. Left a little early because some old guy was in there and wouldn't shut up. And he had a grandson with him who prattled incessantly and was rather irritating. Took Tiger to the vet to get his shots, he did okay, wasn't too happy about it but it's done now for another year.

Time changes tomorrow night. I think we should change time once a month so it's always light at 9pm.

Old March 10th, 2023, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Unfortunate incident in B.C. Chris, hope that they figure out what really happened.
Thanks Dan, it is very tragic! Although the damage is done, I certainly hope they find out what really happened, especially if he was killed without him being a serious threat. Nothing good ever comes from those types of involvements, and in this case it was the worst case scenario!
Old March 10th, 2023, 05:21 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
Norm do you think the back entrance has something to do with what happened?
The singular reason I identified the location of the Google Maps Street View as the back entrance is because if anyone was interested in viewing the apartment complex from the address associated w/ the apartment complex (East Columbia) you would NOT be able to navigate via Google Maps Street View from the front entrance off East Columbia (M-96) because the Google Maps vehicle neither made ingress nor egress to the apartment complex via East Columbia (M-96). They mapped the location via the "back entrance".
Old March 10th, 2023, 05:23 PM
Running On Empty

Had a darn tasty dinner this evening for the ABCD Tournament.
Old March 10th, 2023, 06:19 PM

Took the wife out to dinner tonight, her choice. She wanted to go to our favorite Mexican place. They have the best loaded Nachos I've ever had, piled with Chicken, Beef, Shrimp, and loads of Queso!

Our youngest Granddaughter Anna turned 2 on Thursday, and they're having her family party on Sunday that we're going to.

This POS showed up in our backyard this morning. At least it's not the lot directly behind us, but it will be loud when they start regardless. The dogs are probably gonna have a fit, they don't like the sound of any big trucks or heavy equipment.

Hope everyone had a great day and another one tomorrow!
Old March 10th, 2023, 07:18 PM
Running On Empty

This POS showed up in our backyard this morning.
There goes the neighborhood.
Old March 10th, 2023, 07:18 PM

Took the wife out to dinner tonight, her choice. She wanted to go to our favorite Mexican place. They have the best loaded Nachos I've ever had, piled with Chicken, Beef, Shrimp, and loads of Queso!

Our youngest Granddaughter Anna turned 2 on Thursday, and they're having her family party on Sunday that we're going to.

This POS showed up in our backyard this morning. At least it's not the lot directly behind us, but it will be loud when they start regardless. The dogs are probably gonna have a fit, they don't like the sound of any big trucks or heavy equipment.

Hope everyone had a great day and another one tomorrow!
Chris those new excavators are pretty quiet compared to the older style diesel beast's of the past. The pups will be fine.

Last edited by otto72; March 10th, 2023 at 07:26 PM.
Old March 10th, 2023, 07:20 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by otto72
Chris those new excavators are pretty quiet compared to the older style diesel beast's of the past. Take pups will be fine.
Keith - Excellent point, I wasn't even paying that much attention. That excavator is really quiet. Good eye.
Old March 10th, 2023, 07:25 PM

I wish I had a mini excavator, they would be handy as hell for a bunch of projects.
Old March 10th, 2023, 07:27 PM
Running On Empty

I wish I had a mini excavator, they would be handy as hell for a bunch of projects.
Oh heck yes...tell me about it.
Old March 11th, 2023, 06:48 AM

Chris those new excavators are pretty quiet compared to the older style diesel beast's of the past. The pups will be fine.
Keith - That's good to know, I certainly hope you're right about the pups! One more so than the other, but they are both great watch dogs and hyper-vigilant when anything or anyone comes near their turf. There are many nights when it's pitch black out and they let us know when the deer have come into the empty lots hehind us.
Old March 11th, 2023, 07:57 AM

I was on a job site the other day and I was impressed with the operator and how smooth and quiet that thing was. Hope your pups fair it well, always tough to see our fur buddies stressing.

Is someone building a new home
Old March 11th, 2023, 08:13 AM

It's funny about our little buddy, He thinks that the lake is our back yard, when there is ice on it. When ice fishers or snowmobiles are on it, he has a fit. When it is open he seems to realize that our yard ends at the water line. He is getting a lot better as far as boundaries, though yesterday he was off leash and he followed a car a ways down road. He was beat to within a inch of his life for that!! (Just kidding I yelled at him sternly, but let him know I was mad at him) Anyway, he thinks everyone that is close to our place is coming to see him!
Last night a friend and I went for a snowmobile ride of about 50 miles, was a good time though not really enough snow.
Old March 11th, 2023, 09:38 AM

Is someone building a new home
Thanks Keith! Yep, that excavator is there to start digging a foundation for a new home. If you zoom in on the pic of the excavator, that white PVC pipe contains cable connections for utilities. Just slightly to the right of the PVC pipe, if you're zoomed in you should be able to see a wooden boundary stake. That is the right side boundary line of the Lot. There's only 5 or 6 Lots left in our subdivision of about 135 homes. Four of those Lots are directly behind us. Those 4 Lots are not very desirable because they sit in a trough between high ground on both sides and every home that has been built in that trough has had water issues. The water issues get worse as you move down the hill (right of the excavator), so we're always hoping no one ever buys the 2 Lots directly behind our place.
Old March 11th, 2023, 10:05 AM

That would be real nice if they do not get bought. Always nice to have that buffer, wonder if the owner would consider keeping it a green space
Old March 11th, 2023, 10:18 AM

That would be real nice if they do not get bought. Always nice to have that buffer, wonder if the owner would consider keeping it a green space
That sure would be nice, but I doubt it. There were originally 3 different builders in here. A 4th builder came in and bought up the remaining Lots from the original 3 builders about 4 or 5-years ago. This 4th builder is still selling those remaining undesirable Lots but they are slow to go. The good news is that we are high enough up from those Lots that I don't think our view off our back deck would be obstructed, unless they built a 2-story, which there are very few of in here, plus I have never seen this particular builder put one up.
Old March 11th, 2023, 10:56 AM

Chris, bear in mind that you would have a case for diminished value of property by obstructed view, if so.