The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 28th, 2023, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Last night I went with 4 buddies on a night time snowmobile ride of about 65 miles. Wow it was fun.
Greg - Sounds like a blast, glad you had a good time! I really, really do not like being out on my motorcycles after dark for two reasons. The first is wildlife, my night vision is not that great anymore. The second are the fissures that open up between lanes on multi-lane highways are very hard to see in the dark, and very dangerous on a motorcycle. I absolutely try to be home before dark for these reasons.
Old February 28th, 2023, 07:16 AM

Potential Threat

Jim & others,

This morning in my email feed I had received this email notification from CO, The entire CO email is in the enclosed brackets below.

["Vasquez56 has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Car Show in Ste. Genevieve, MO, 14 August 2022 - in the The Clubhouse forum of ClassicOldsmobile.com.

This thread is located at:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...1&goto=newpost

Here is the message that has just been posted:
You can learn what other people registered on your licence plate owner lookup free, when they registered it, and where they registered it. It is also possible to determine whether a vehicle has been reported stolen or missing https://vinpit.com/license-plate-lookup is a search engine that provides users with vehicle information. You can learn about various automobiles."]

I did not access the CO thread via the hotlink embedded in the CO generated email, but rather went to it via another route, and there was no post there as seen above from "Vasquez56". I also did not access the link for the so-called "license plate look-up". I don't know what this CO generated email is, but it sure looks and feels sketchy??? Jim, if you need more info,let me know.
Old February 28th, 2023, 07:37 AM
Running On Empty

Chris- I saw same. One post trolling scammer. Click on ‘Report’ below their username. Mods will evaluate.
Old February 28th, 2023, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Chris- I saw same. One post trolling scammer. Click on ‘Report’ below their username. Mods will evaluate.
Thanks Norm!
Old February 28th, 2023, 08:32 AM
Running On Empty

Lots of wasps & carpenter bees looking for places to build nests. Annual comprehensive (blood) metabolic panel draw this morning at physician office. Up/Down, up/down on scaffolding past 2 hours. Funeral at 2pm.

Jim - Yes to liverwurst & steamed artichokes.
Old February 28th, 2023, 08:35 AM
Running On Empty

John - Agree w/ your custom/speciality appraisal/synopsis for the most part. Far worse in certain products.
Old February 28th, 2023, 10:42 AM

Norm - Hope all your blood work comes back normal/fine!
Old February 28th, 2023, 10:47 AM
Jeff

Long ago, probably 2000-ish, on my starter home, I needed a bathroom remodel. Since it was a single bath home, I did not want to take on the job myself. There was a local bathroom place, so I stopped in for a quote. Briefly said, "I have a 5'x10' bathroom that needs a remodel, and would like to get an estimate." The guy shot back with, "Oh, that's a minimum $15,000." I started laughing and told him he was full of ***** turned around and walked out. I wound up finding a great contractor that charged about $3500, did a new tub, beautiful tile surround and tile floor, removed the window (house had an addition, and person that did it left the window in the bathroom for some dumb reason), and redid the drywall so that it looked like new.

I have zero patience for people that try to rip others off with high prices. I have a difficult time trusting contractors.
Old February 28th, 2023, 11:45 AM

An internal window. That's amazing.

I wonder if you can get around the code req that you need a vent or a window in a bathroom with that?
Old February 28th, 2023, 11:54 AM
Jeff

It was ridiculous, John. I wound up doing a few things in that house to bring it back up to code, using my inspection report as a checklist. I said I'd never buy another place that needed a ton of work after that, but then I bought a cheap lake cottage that had even worse "craftsmanship." The *ahem* "plumbing" in the cottage was a sight to behold.
Old February 28th, 2023, 01:05 PM

Hi guys,

So, one of my closest friends, Dave, is the guy that restored the '76 Dodge 1-ton Dually that I posted a pic of quite awhile ago. Dave is a Mopar maniac, and like our Mike, he's really into Valiants. Mike has been kind enough to be helping my buddy with some Valiant info lately. Dave recently got another one of his many Mopar's roadworthy again, and I told Mike I'd post a couple pics, which are all I have right now. This '67 Coronet is a real unmolested survivor. Basically, new fluids/filters, plugs, brakes, gas tank and radiator flush, and tires were all it needed. Anyhow, I told Mike I'd post a couple pics.

Old February 28th, 2023, 02:04 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - Hope all your blood work comes back normal/fine!
Thanks, Chris. 🤞👍I don't anticipate anything remarkable.
Old February 28th, 2023, 02:24 PM

Chris, the Dodge looks like a solid survivor. I'm assuming that the V8 under the hood is a 318. We had more freezing rain yesterday, but it melted by the afternoon. No problems for me, but surrounding school districts were closed down due to power outages. Friday may interesting, they are all over the place on the snow accumulation from the impending storm that is coming, with some computer models showing 6" and others showing 16"+. Heavy and wet, just what the snow blower hates. We shall see. Hopefully it is winters last fling, though it really has been mild.
Old February 28th, 2023, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Chris, the Dodge looks like a solid survivor. I'm assuming that the V8 under the hood is a 318. We had more freezing rain yesterday, but it melted by the afternoon. No problems for me, but surrounding school districts were closed down due to power outages. Friday may interesting, they are all over the place on the snow accumulation from the impending storm that is coming, with some computer models showing 6" and others showing 16"+. Heavy and wet, just what the snow blower hates. We shall see. Hopefully it is winters last fling, though it really has been mild.
Dan - Yes the Dodge has the 318 in it, and although the car runs OK, a couple of cylinders have compression lower than it should be. He is debating whether to pull the 318 and rebuild it to keep it's #'s matching, survivor status, or to drop in a built 440 he already has done?

I sure hope you get 6" or less and not 16" of the white stuff! It was 65° here today, and supposed to be close to 70° tomorrow. Then Thursday night into Friday morning we're supposed to get flurries, but at least they're saying little to no accumulation
Old February 28th, 2023, 03:22 PM
Always room for one more

That's a nice looking car Chris. I'd be interested to know what the build date is. It's on the fender tag(that isn't on the fender). One of the many codes. I'd like to see some of the Valiants.

We effectively stopped production for the day around 1030. The guys these days think 1100 lunch starts at 1030. And of course there wasn't much done between 1130 end of lunch and noon when we started 5S. The lead gave us a long list of things that got "written up" and everyone pretty much sat around until 220 when we went home. It should really be 6S. The last S for Stupid.

So driving home from work today some dumb old broad cut her left turn too close and smashed into my car. It was like in the movies, pieces flying everywhere, screeching metal, and she kept driving so the whole side of her car is smashed. The front of the car is pretty wrinkled but the wheel isn't bound up and I drove home. I was only a couple miles away! When I get the report next week I'll call the insurance people and see what to do next.

Well another Tuesday in the books. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old February 28th, 2023, 03:28 PM

Mike - So sorry to hear about the crash! Please tell me it wasn't your new Chrysler! I sure hope you don't have any insurance issues and they make things right for you!
Old February 28th, 2023, 05:38 PM

Take some Advil, Mike.
Old February 28th, 2023, 05:43 PM

Mike - I feel like a scum bag, I assumed you were OK because you were posting, but I still should have asked are you alright! I'm really sorry I didn't. 😞
Old February 28th, 2023, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
This '67 Coronet is a real unmolested survivor. Basically, new fluids/filters, plugs, brakes, gas tank and radiator flush, and tires were all it needed.
Wow, someone musta really wrestled those tires onto the rims.

Old February 28th, 2023, 07:25 PM

Just saw on the evening weather that we’re gonna get more precipitation. The folks up the hill are gonna get snowed in - 10-24 inches of snow forecast, on top of what’s already there.

How’s this for some snow accumulation?

Old February 28th, 2023, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Just saw on the evening weather that we’re gonna get more precipitation. The folks up the hill are gonna get snowed in - 10-24 inches of snow forecast, on top of what’s already there.

How’s this for some snow accumulation?

Kenneth - That's a $hit-ton of snow! Speaking of snow, we haven't heard from Tedd since that big storm hit California, and he's at an elevation that already gets alot of snow. I think I saw that where he is they were supposed to >3-ft of it? I hope I'm wrong and that he's alright?
Old March 1st, 2023, 02:09 AM

Alvarado toast with a squeeze of lemon. Norm, I'm surprised this isn't one of your favorites
Old March 1st, 2023, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Alvarado toast with a squeeze of lemon. Norm, I'm surprised this isn't one of your favorites
Looks tasty Jim! I guess Avocados just aren't for lunch or dinner anymore! We don't usually buy Avodados, and I don't really know why, I love the things.
Old March 1st, 2023, 06:22 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Don't worry Chris, I was fine. The old woman was pretty shook up and had to take a few big drags on her cigarette. I know cars aren't what they used to be, but her Kia Soul was really cheap sounding and crumpled more than I would have thought it would.

Good day at work so far. But we know what's coming up at noon...

Kenneth that's twitch-worthy. I think I'd just faint.

Jamesbo don't you have a fancy recipe for french toast?

Think I'll break open a snack. Have a good day everyone.

Old March 1st, 2023, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Good morning everyone.

Don't worry Chris, I was fine. The old woman was pretty shook up and had to take a few big drags on her cigarette. I know cars aren't what they used to be, but her Kia Soul was really cheap sounding and crumpled more than I would have thought it would.
Mike - Just glad you're OK, all the other is just STUFF!
Old March 1st, 2023, 09:28 AM

Mike glad you are OK

French toast jacque uses eggs and melted vanilla ice cream
Old March 1st, 2023, 10:24 AM
Running On Empty

38/36
Labs unremarkable
Old March 1st, 2023, 12:46 PM

38/36
Labs unremarkable
Very nice round and I'm glad your labs came back fine!
Old March 1st, 2023, 02:18 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by dream67olds442
very nice round and i'm glad your labs came back fine!
🙏🙏🙏👌
Old March 1st, 2023, 02:22 PM

Well, Chris they keep back peddling on the accumulations, so I'm going to assume that it's just a few inches and not worry about it. Mike, good to hear that you suffered no injuries. Curious as to what vehicle you were driving, the dog mobile?, the M35? Saw on ABC world news the other day where they got 8'-10' feet of snow at around 4400 ft up in the Sierra Nevada mountains. Some guys porch was completely encapsulated in snow, from the ground up to the drip edge. Kenneth, i have no idea on how they mounted that tire to that narrow of a rim. He must have his own equipment, as tire stores adhere to factory tire and rim widths from my experience.
Old March 1st, 2023, 07:39 PM

There’s a storm front passing through and dropping bit of snow up the hill.

Down here in the valley we’re getting a bit of rain. A half-inch may not look like much but realize we average 7 inches a year, so this is substantial.

Old March 2nd, 2023, 07:09 AM

Well, I'm on the wait and see what happens list. Rumor has it that a big storm is on its way this weekend. If I lose electricity again I'm out of here, I can't take the cold anymore. Problems not solved though. What to do with my dogs and cat. Ruby's dog that I inherited has no social skills(barks constantly over nothing) and would be a huge burden on any of my friends or family I may have to load up on their dog food and hope someone can get back to the house at a reasonable time. I feel like I'm a banding the kids. Gotta think some more about this...Tedd
Old March 2nd, 2023, 07:19 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Tedd Thompson
Well, I'm on the wait and see what happens list. Rumor has it that a big storm is on its way this weekend. If I lose electricity again I'm out of here, I can't take the cold anymore. Problems not solved though. What to do with my dogs and cat. Ruby's dog that I inherited has no social skills(barks constantly over nothing) and would be a huge burden on any of my friends or family I may have to load up on their dog food and hope someone can get back to the house at a reasonable time. I feel like I'm a banding the kids. Gotta think some more about this...Tedd
"If" you can get out...not certain you can, but if you can get out consider buying a portable AC generator. It can at least power your refrigerator, lighting, etc. Get a minimum 5500W unit.
Old March 2nd, 2023, 07:57 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Tedd you are a better man than I. I would have been gone long ago. Those timed dog food dispensers, are any of them battery operated? There's the problem of them having to go out. Unless of course they stay out all the time then you just have to worry about your friend the bear coming around for the dog food.

So I'm waiting on the accident report before I call the insurance company. Should be next week. I actually don't have an agent. My agent retired and she said the person taking over her territory will automatically be my agent, but I'm thinking not. I may stop in to a local office and just say hey you're gonna be my agent now. It's several miles to the former office if I needed to go in, and the new person is further yet. So it would be nice to have someone in my same town.

Thanks Dan. And everyone. This was the dumbest accident ever. I suppose to an old person's eyes a grey midsized sedan could blend into the background, but really, how the hell do you miss a car sitting waiting for your slow *** to turn. She had the same look on her face as a bird that hit the front of my car once and bounced over the roof.

Well the dumb gets dumber. We haven't hit our target number in over a week, so the solution to that is, for the next two weeks we are all going to start work at 4 and end at noon, and if we want, we can stay over for two hours overtime to do 5S. That way we don't have to stop in the middle of the day. I think this is dumb as hell. They should just do away with 5S and drive on. I suspect some higher up counts this as a feather in his cap, and thinks he will look good in front of the chairman for implementing this important and industry leading program.

And now, lunch. Happy Thursday everyone.

Last edited by slantflat; March 2nd, 2023 at 07:59 AM.
Old March 2nd, 2023, 08:42 AM

Well the dumb gets dumber. We haven't hit our target number in over a week, so the solution to that is, for the next two weeks we are all going to start work at 4 and end at noon, and if we want, we can stay over for two hours overtime to do 5S.
Mike - Couldn't agree with you more, the dumb gets dumber! Paying folks overtime wages to stay and do something that should already be a part of their everyday routine/ work culture! What a waste of time/resources!
Old March 2nd, 2023, 09:20 AM
Running On Empty

This was the dumbest accident ever. I suppose to an old person's eyes a grey midsized sedan could blend into the background, but really, how the hell do you miss a car sitting waiting for your slow *** to turn. She had the same look on her face as a bird that hit the front of my car once and bounced over the roof.
Mike - I'm not suggesting anything you don't already know; but, accidents happen for a large variety of reasons. They're unfortunate. The cause of the accident isn't going to change the outcome. You might consider pummeling her *** with a large foam swimming pool noodle repeatedly admonishing her for how dumb she is. This is an excellent form of operant conditioning.

Old March 2nd, 2023, 12:11 PM
Running On Empty

I managed to get in ~3-4 hrs of painting before it began spitting rain.

Old March 2nd, 2023, 12:24 PM

I routinely see left turners cutting the arc short and driving across the center line partially into the oncoming traffic lane. Sometimes I am sitting in that oncoming lane and think the left turner is gonna take my fender off. I recall once or twice seeing the other driver's eyes go wide when they suddenly realized there was already a car occupying the lane they were cutting into.
Old March 2nd, 2023, 12:54 PM

Update... I found someone that can plow my road... Thread down below with explanation, I'm a happy camper now....Tedd
Old March 2nd, 2023, 02:23 PM

I managed to get in ~3-4 hrs of painting before it began spitting rain.

Norm - That shrimp salad looks absolutely delicious. Are those just plain cooked beets, or pickled? I'm not a fan of just cooked beets, but I love pickled beets, which reminds me, we have a can in the pantry that I'm going to get out to go with my dinner. Wife bought a new large rotisserie air broiler/fryer and she is making lemon chicken for dinner. As a side she's making broccoli and cheese rice. I will also be having some pickled beets.