The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2012, 07:16 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Mawnin All

Jamesbo there was a '69 442 drop top that brought $29k at the mecum auction yesterday. Not great $$ but pretty decent for this economy IMO.

Looks like Sandy (Hurricane Sandy that is) has a vendetta Frankenstorm

I think we may go to a flea market today while the weather is still good

Yall have a great day and a safe weekend
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:58 AM

Mawn'in all

Scot, Was it a 4 speed re automatic transmixer?
Old October 27th, 2012, 08:56 AM

Was it a 4 speed re automatic transmixer?
It was listed as a 350ci w/auto trans.
Old October 27th, 2012, 09:45 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Saturday everyone.

Just got back from taking the dogs to jail, then stopped off at Awful house for lunch. Now in a few minutes I'll be down the road. I'm going to take the Saturn, which wasn't in the plans, but it will be okay. It has a good tape deck.

Work was good, but we finished before 4 and stayed until after 9. That wasn't good. At least I got a little bit of a nap in so I won't be so tired today.

Scot that's a nice looking car. Great color. I miss a big convertible.

Well okay everybody check you all later.
Old October 27th, 2012, 09:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone.

Glad we don't have those hurricanes up here. Want to bet that all of a sudden gas prices will rocket up in the next week?

Cool and frosty morning here. Ahhh, the sound of gas powered leaf blowers cleaning the walks of a light dusting of overnight snow. Yuk. Oh crap, I just coughed up one of my lungs...

Y'all enjoy those temps you got even if its wet. Much better than this freezing cold. Clint can tell ya that too.

Guess I'll go play on the forums for a while. Stir stir stir the pot
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:09 AM

good morning all

Well at least its still morning on the left coast. Rain again today, but that's the norm around hear. At least we don't have a hurricane barring down on us like the east coast states do. Those poor people have been hammered without much relief for a couple of years now. Hope all of you in that area stay safe. I'll be thinking about all of you.

Sure gonna miss cruising. Seems like its longer between winter and spring then it used to be. Can't figure this out as the years themselves go by quicker every year.

Well gotta go winterize the motorhome for the long sleep. Talk to you all later
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
It was listed as a 350ci w/auto trans.

Hum...............sum'in ain't right
Old October 27th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Agree - shouldnt dat be a 400/400 ifn it was a 442?
Old October 27th, 2012, 12:27 PM

shouldnt dat be a 400/400 ifn it was a 442?
yep!
Old October 27th, 2012, 12:38 PM

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_de...5&entryRow=752 There was a new member here looking to see what a nice Tahitian Turquoise paint job looked like (myself included) hope he finds this post.
Old October 27th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Maybe send him the link in a pm?
Old October 27th, 2012, 01:25 PM

Are y'all sure de car Scot posted is Tahitian Torquoise?
Old October 27th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Just an Olds Guy

One of de guys here JOHHNYOLDS442 jes repainted his car dat turquoise color. I was struck (ow, dat hert) by how much different de color appears in different light settins. So it coud be right.
Mebbe have a look at dis: https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post465778

Ifn y'all wants a comparison, oldsmobiledave is hawkin his dat he says is a proper color match. But IMO it's rough and overpriced for 10K. BTW he would prolly be sensitive to someone saying that. https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...-442-sale.html
Old October 27th, 2012, 03:21 PM

Are y'all sure de car Scot posted is Tahitian Torquoise?
It is listed in the Mecum ad as such, but at first I thought it was Nassau Blue
Maybe send him the link in a pm?
I found the thread where he posted, and copied it there, so he should get the email from Class/Olds
Old October 27th, 2012, 03:26 PM

He saw it, he dvr'd the auction.
Old October 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hmm, where is everyone? Must be nice out where y'all are hidin out.
Old October 27th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Always room for one more

I'm here. I'm not supposed to be. I wanted to get some things together before I left, and wait for the mail, so I sat down for a minute, and fell asleep. I called my Mom about 6 and told her I'd see her in the morning. It makes me mad, but at least I'm not falling asleep on the road.

So I'm gonna hang out by myself tonight and hit the sack early. I hate being home without the dogs. I'll get up ultra early and head out and be to Mom's probably around breakfast.

So it's Saturday, Allan, everyone is out whoopin' it up!
Old October 27th, 2012, 05:29 PM

Allan, I'm ere but we had sum folks fer supper. I thunk Nassau blue was a chebby color

I t'aint got my book wit me to looks it up
Old October 27th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo.... you're up late tonight, lol!

Evenin All!

It was cold, dank and rainy here today. We already have high wind warnings out that take effect on Monday. Expecting 65 mph gusts at times. It ain't a gonna be purty round here. I just hope we don't get hit with much snow from it. They're saying we could lose power if we get the heavy wet snow; that's if the winds don't topple trees on the wires first. I worry, with all the trees we have around the house... I'm not looking forward to driving Tincanio in the high winds wither. Maybe they'll be wrong about how bad it will get. Wouldn't be the first time. Still, I'm gonna get extra bread and bottled water.

Jamesbo.... we were a lot funnier weren't we, lol?? I love re-reading old threads. By the way, I made the Baked Tater soup today.... delicious!!! Nicole ate with us, and there was no soup left. I wanted leftovers for lunch next week. Guess next time she's here, I'll double the recipe!

Clint... glad you liked those threads. I really miss my bud Blue. Don't know what's up with him. God he'd make me laugh!! Here is another thread we had fun with.

Motorized La-Z-Boy up for auction ( 1 2 3)

Allan R.... Gas prices are already starting to go up. In Streetsboro, 6 mi. from here, it's still around $3.17/3.18. Here it's still in the 3.20's, but in Macedonia, it's back up in the 3.40's again. They don't need a reason, lol.

I didn't do much today. Cleaned the house some. Made some banana walnut muffins. Made baked tater soup. Helped Nicole with her laundry. She came over after work at the shop. Not a very exciting day.

Larry changed the Throttle Position Sensor on the Intrigue today. He had to take a bunch of stuff off and unplug a lot of things to get to it. The car still started funny afterwards, so I don't know. I think it needs the ignition module or something changed. I just hope it gets her through the winter. It still runs good.

Well I'm gonna get off here, so I'll talk to ya tomorrow. Have a great evening all.
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:11 PM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

I really like this paint chip library.

http://www.tcpglobal.com/aclchip.asp...obile-pg01.jpg

Nassau Blue was a 1969 color. Although the chip does not look a lot like the car but 40+ chips don't ever look right.

Adam
Old October 27th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Allan, I'm ere but we had sum folks fer supper
Yummy! What did they taste like/???

Sandy - I'm tellin ya again. It's not the TPS. You need to clean the TB, TB plate and the IAC - then do an IAC reset. If Larry wants to clean the MAF wires he can do that too. Just use electrical contact cleaner and nothing else. Don't even touch the wires.

The ignition module doesn't control engine running speed. And you don't want to mess with the PCM (Power Control Module aka on board computer) either. They are specially programmed to each specific vehicle at the factory. They are not interchangeable from one car to another.

Adam - nice to see you again. Both Tahitian and Nassau look pretty close
Old October 27th, 2012, 09:46 PM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by Allan R
Sandy - I'm tellin ya again. It's not the TPS. You need to clean the TB, TB plate and the IAC - then do an IAC reset. If Larry wants to clean the MAF wires he can do that too. Just use electrical contact cleaner and nothing else. Don't even touch the wires.

The ignition module doesn't control engine running speed. And you don't want to mess with the PCM (Power Control Module aka on board computer) either. They are specially programmed to each specific vehicle at the factory. They are not interchangeable from one car to another.
Sandy - I wanted to add something to what Allen said ..... Did Larry put the little pin from the Throttle Body behind the plastic adjustment tab on the TPS when he changed it ? When you hit the throttle the pin moves the adjustment tab on the TPS back and forth . If it's in front of it , it won't help . I had to replace the same part last spring on my Buick , and made that mistake the first time . If he did it right then it's something else like Allen said .
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Always room for one more

That paint chart is cool. Why do all the colors end in Poly but Burgandy Mist ends in (Poly)? Perhaps the painters didn't want anyone to know it was Poly.

Sandy I thought you lived close to Blue and were gonna go see him. He's probably busy with his new grandbaby and that giant bulbous wagon. There was a wagon like that by me that was for sale forever, I tried calling and emailing several times but never got ahold of the seller. Then one day it was gone and hasn't been back. It needed a paint job but they only wanted 750. I wonder if it even existed.

Okay! Time to hit the trail. Everyone have a great weekend and start of the week, I'll see you all later.

Last edited by slantflat; October 30th, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old October 28th, 2012, 05:57 AM

Mawn'in

I stand corrected on Nassau Blue, but I'm wit Adam, de charts don't look much like de cars

Allan, De tasted alot like Shish Kabob cause dat's what I fixed,

Mike, Enjoy your trip. Are ya gonna take mom to de Awful House fer dinner?

Enjoy de rest of de weekend Olds friends
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:45 AM
General Confusion

Good Morning everybody. Up drinking Coffee, and deciding what to do this Morning. I think its going to be a fairly lazy day. browse the threads, play some Skyrim, a little work on the heads for the Car, and some NASCAR Racing this afternoon.
Old October 28th, 2012, 06:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

My Bride took me to the hay auction yesterday in Phart Collins.
We got there a little early, so we stopped in this little place and had some scattered, smothered and covered. Not the best breakfast we've ever had, but it did hit the spot. I noticed that everything in the place looked like 1979 including the Halloween decorations

Most of the hay still had snow on it, and some of the stacks were in low areas with bad drainage. not much to choose from. We did pick up 40 big squares for the cows. But didn't get anything for the donkeys.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:04 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by slantflat
Lonely sleeping in the house by myself. Instead of sleeping without interuption I kept waking up wondering why I wasn't being woke up.
Don't worry the first night when you get the dogs back they will leave you a nice steaming pile on the carpet for putting them where you did That's what my dogs use to do

Okay! Time to hit the trail. Everyone have a great weekend and start of the week, I'll see you all later.
Drive easy and take care brother !
Old October 28th, 2012, 07:12 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by CQR
My Bride
Sorry to hear that !

I'm jk of course .... I sure hope you have better luck with yours then I have / had with mine . She never even came home from the bar last night . eeks
Old October 28th, 2012, 08:45 AM

good morning all

Sunday again. Seems to come around once a week. Rain again days are getting shorter sun down at 5:30 sunrise at 7:30. Feels like living in a cave

Have a great day all
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Sunday everyone.

Cold and snowy up here. Temp is currently -6C or around 20F. Wind is blowing - what's new with that? It's been windier this year than a herd of buffalo with bad gas..

Mike - I know what you mean. When your normal pattern of life gets changed your brain also gets confused. Poly is short for Polyurethane, but back then I'm sure it referred to metallic paint.

Pat - Dang! I put in a request for longer and warmer days. Want something where I can say it's like living on a beach.

Clint - Sounds like a nice road trip. BTW do you have a license for big rigs? Thinking yes. And what's with this nonsense about starvin de donkeys?? Speaking of donkeys, how's Earl and his 'condition'? I'd like to think that your *** is not sore and infected anymore..

Jamesbo - nice. I likes kebobs. specially wen dey are tender and spicy. rezun paint chips don't look like de car is dey are too small an offen doesn't have the same metallic in dem. I'm witchu on dat.
Old October 28th, 2012, 09:40 AM
CQR

No Allan, I let My bride drive the bog ones. She has a class A CDL, but not I. We haven't starved them yet, although My *** is getting a little wide and could use some slimming down.

The hair on my *** is starting to grow back, but is still must be a bit itchy. Here on the first of Nov. is the second application of lice medication.
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:05 PM

Clint, Glad your *** is improv'in.
Old October 28th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All

Rainy and cold here today. A little on the windy side. It's 39 degrees. We have flood warnings out, and water is standing all over the yard.

Clint.... glad to hear your *** is improving, lol!

Allan R.... Larry doesn't want to mess with anything on the car at all, lol. And I have no idea what MAF and IAC stands for.... refresh my fading memory!

Bryan... Larry said he did not see a pin of any type......?

Think I'm gonna go out and fill Tincanio with gas and go by Nicole's for a while. I'm bored sitting around here.

Have a good afternoon all.
Old October 28th, 2012, 01:23 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Clint, Glad your *** is improv'in.
X3 Kinda reminds me of a joke. It's a little too racy to post here though.

The winds of change has arrived here today. I guess the temps will be dropping tonight.

Mike have a safe trip
Old October 29th, 2012, 04:26 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

Well it's a cool 45* and very blustery here.

Looks like I've got to go werk on the Crapalier again today It's been giving the second oldest a fit lately. I believe it may be the fuel pump this time The dang pump is going to run me about $250 so I hope it's not the problem

Yall have a great day and stay safe, especially those in Sandy's path
Old October 29th, 2012, 04:52 AM
CQR

Monday Mornin all. Thanks for the concern about the well being of my ***.

Scott, sorry to hear. Is it cutting out and stalling?

Wow, Sandy, I could sure find a better way to spend some time and blow a C-note than going to the gas station.

Mike Safe travels to you.

Bryan, Most of the time, The married life goes well, but then there are funk times like this that make it hard.

The kid and her were going at it pretty hard yesterday. I can see both sides so its hard to be referee, I think It's gonna be a long winter. The kid got another position with UPS during the X-mas rush being a driver helper. So that should be putting her at 10-14 hours a day for the next coupla months. That's the good thing, but she has been making some less than desirable choices too. That's the bad thing.

Spent the day yesterday puttering around the garage. I even peeked under the car cover, to see if she was still there. Then Had a dream last night I was driving a ratted out old 69 And it had rusty old chebby rallys on it without caps! Glad that night is over.

Well, sounds like its gonna be a busy morning at the shop. My buddy that tows for me stopped by yesterday test driving his new old tow truck. He left me a coupla 'gifts' in my parking lot. Sounds like someone really cooked a highlander.

Well, hope you all survive the second Storm of the Century. Gonna get nice here again. Spose to be about 70 today and the end of the week cool down to about 50.

Be safe, stay dry!
Old October 29th, 2012, 05:23 AM

Mawn'in all

A little nippy dis mawn'in. Gotta go play in de Atlanta Vietnam Veterans golf tournament dis mawn'in

Wonder if Mike has to werk on planes when non of dem are fly'in.

Can't imagine anywhere I less rather be dan de East coast w/o power

Scot, Holly Cow. Dat's alot of dough ra mi fer a fuel pump.

Sandy, I hate to say it. But de Ohio weather is fix'in [southern fer soon to come] get nastier.
Old October 29th, 2012, 05:25 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Yes it will crank for a second and cut right out. The car is in Warner Robins about 20 mins North of me so I haven't laid eyes on it yet, but that is what it sounds like to me. I changed the fuel filter in May, so that's probably not the problem
Old October 29th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Well it's wet windy and chilly here. Steady rain, not real hard though. Winds have picked up some, and it's 40 degrees. I'm listening to Clay and Steve say how the forecasters are making the storm sound worse around here then it's really gonna be, and Brian chiming in with the forecasters words as God, lol! I swear they don't and can't agree on anything in here. Like a *****ng contest all the time.

We're supposed to have sustained winds of around 35 mph with gusts up to 70 mph today. I hope the big maple tree 5 ft. from the house that we think is dead, stays in the ground and doesn't come up roots and all because the ground is so saturated, and fall on the house. That would suck!!! Especially since Teepo is still in the house garage!!

Clint... I didn't spend a hundred bucks on gas last evening, lol. Only 20 something. She wasn't on empty, and gas is only $3.14 in Streetsboro. I just wanted a full tank.

Nicole met me at the Streetsboro Wal Mart last evening and she did some shopping. They were already sold out of bottled water. Shelves were bare... I guess it's better to be safe than sorry. They say this storm is like 1,000 miles wide. Who knows?? Oh I forgot, Steve, Clay and Brian know, lol!! It's gonna be a long day.....

Temp is 74 in here, and Clay and Steve have their heaters on......

I hope Darryl and all our friends on the right coast stay safe. I'm wondering about our NY shop - hope they don't get it bad there.

Scot... hope you get the car problems figured out. I feel your pain, lol........

Nicole is taking Lin for her 6 mo. doctors appt. today for me. I just couldn't miss work. I have all my 'normal' checkups coming up in November, plus the kidney scan the day after Thanksgiving, so I'll be missing work. Some things I was able to schedule on Saturdays, so that will help. They don't make it easy for working people to get to appointments. Most don't have late hours.....

Well have a good day! You all stay safe and warm!
Old October 29th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin all

Ok, that's weird, this thing posted when it shouldn't have.

Cold, windy and snowy up here. We got around 3 inches of the white stuff yesterday. More on the way. Oh joy.

Today it looks like I need to put the ice radials on the cars. Only thing I don't like is the driveway has a good slope so I need to get all the snow off to bare concrete. Would use the garage but it's still being occupied.

Jamesbo - good luck with the tourney.

Scot - new fuel pumps are really that pricey. I looked them up too

Mike - Hope you're visit is good.

Sandy - life goes on it seems. Enjoy the 74 in the office.

Clint - so that means you're not short of work. That's good. Stop having those nasty dreams.

Last edited by Allan R; October 29th, 2012 at 07:34 AM.