The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 6th, 2023, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by otto72
https://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/h-d/harley_davidson_FLRT Freewheeler 15.htm

I have always liked riding my quad and snowmobiles at a slow pace and not as fast as I can get from point a to b. I thought having something like this on the back roads would be easy to look around while cruising not having to put the feet down when stopping
Keith - That's a sharp looking trike. I have never driven one or rode on one so I can't offer any advice. Good luck finding a good deal on one you like!
Old March 6th, 2023, 06:48 PM

Thanks Chris saving my nickels and dimes. Some old fart will be selling one I may use and enjoy it for a bit then I can pass it on to the next person.
Old March 7th, 2023, 07:04 AM

Good morning guys,

The worm has turned again! 76° late yesterday afternoon, 37° and overcast right now at 0900, and my sinuses are feeling it!

No big plans for today. Wife finished up what I think is a really nice looking table and chair set yesterday. This set is one of my favorites she has done lately.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Old March 7th, 2023, 07:40 AM
Jeff

I was *this* close to buying a Can-Am Spyder in a local auction. I dipped out at $7700, I think it went for a little more than that. I didn't have the garage space, anyway, and this was at a time where I thought I wanted a bike. Decided there are too many distracted drivers out there.

Just bought a new fridge, got delivered today. The old side-by-side that the wife hates so much will get moved to the cottage in another month or so, along with some different furniture.
Old March 7th, 2023, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
The worm has turned again!
Yeah, same here. Winter is definitely over when the forecast shows 85 degrees.

Old March 7th, 2023, 07:59 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Things are better here this morning, the computers are a little faster. Apparently there was an uprising yesterday after we went home. The whole place uses this system, not just us, so everyone was slowed down. There were some people more interested in the work than my lead that got things going. Kudos to them.

Upper 70s today and cooling off tomorrow and rain Thursday. Can't leave out the rain. Gonna go to the insurance office after work today. The old broad's insurance called me today and left a message. Don't know what she wanted, not sure I'm supposed to talk to her. She probably wanted to know what the holdup was for me to report to my insurance company.

Ah, I see that it's lunch time. Have a good one.

Old March 7th, 2023, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
I was *this* close to buying a Can-Am Spyder in a local auction. I dipped out at $7700, I think it went for a little more than that. I didn't have the garage space, anyway, and this was at a time where I thought I wanted a bike. Decided there are too many distracted drivers out there.
Jeff - Like I told Keith, I don't have any experience with the Harley style trikes, but I have a handful of friends who have a Can-Am Spyder and I have driven one of theirs. I think they are nice, handle well, and are fun to drive. You're absolutely correct, way too many distracted drivers and other dangers when you're on any type of motorbike! Although not a 100% solution to that concern, that's why 95% of the riding I do is on back roads, away from the vast majority of traffic.
Old March 7th, 2023, 09:54 AM

I laughed at some trike ad, it had everything so contrived. The woman looking safe and happy, the guy looking like he still had it, the old withered looking dude in biker leathers nodding his approval so we know a trike is cool, it was hilarious.
Old March 7th, 2023, 10:50 AM
Jeff

I'm instead perusing the ads looking for a couple of minibikes to take to the cottage. My sons are both big boys now, so I have to make sure to look for beefier frames. Something else to do on holiday weekends when the lake is full of idiots.
Old March 7th, 2023, 03:08 PM

Beautiful day. Made a big pile on of Haselback taters. The super model took them to a party at her Irish twin sisters house before i could get a picture. So file picture

Old March 7th, 2023, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Beautiful day. Made a big pile on of Haselback taters. The super model took them to a party at her Irish twin sisters house before i could get a picture. So file picture
Jim - Those look delicious! I must have lived a somewhat sheltered life, because I've never heard of those, or been anywhere where they've been served? They do look like a dish that would lend itself to rapid cooking in my wife's new mega air fryer!
Old March 7th, 2023, 03:27 PM
Always room for one more

So my insurance agent retired, and automatically transferred my info to some other agent. Well, I don't want to use that agent, so I found a new one. She said, you have to have your current agent transfer everything. So I called the new current agent. You have to call State Farm and the customer care person will do it. So I called State Farm. You have to log on to the internet and create an account. I said, I don't have to do anything. I want you to do it. She wasn't about to, so I yelled. I said trite things like, your customer service sucks. I guess paying my premiums for 30 years doesn't count for much. She said I'll send you the link. Click goodbye I don't want your link. And you know what, she doesn't give two ***** about me and forgot all about me two seconds after I hung up. And I didn't get anywhere so I get to do it all over again tomorrow. Swine. And the people who made it mandatory that we have insurance, also swine.

Jamesbo the taters look good. I didn't know Supermodel was a twin. What's her name, Superermodel?

John you didn't buy every bit of that? I had a big Harley years ago. I sold it because the guy I rode with moved away and all I did was ride on the expressway. No fun. Traffic was and is horrible. I missed saying I had a Harley, but I don't miss having it.

Old March 7th, 2023, 03:41 PM

If I didn't have anything to live for, like I had had a wife and kids and lost them in a car wreck or something, I would learn to ride a Harley and join the Outlaws or the Hells Angels. Apparently, those clubs are phenomenal to be in if you give your whole life to them. I have too much going on and like my own company too much for that sort of commitment, though I don't begrudge the people who do. Riding a bike when you have people relying on you, though, seems really risky to me, and risky in terms of no mitigation can compensate for the other person being an idiot and smoking you. I saw a picture somewhere of a guy white lining and it said we do this because you do this and showed a picture of a crushed bike in line between two cars that rear ended him into the guy in front of him.
Old March 7th, 2023, 03:55 PM
Running On Empty

Made a big pile on of Haselback taters.
First time I've heard of them.
Old March 7th, 2023, 04:02 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
I get to do it all over again tomorrow.
Mike - Sounds like a great time. With any luck you'll get connected w/ the same person.
Old March 7th, 2023, 05:05 PM

And I didn't get anywhere so I get to do it all over again tomorrow.
Mike - I certainly hope you get ahold of someone tomorrow that will help you transfer your policy! Good luck!
Old March 8th, 2023, 02:25 AM

Mike " Irish twin " 16 months apart

Chris very easy. Lay a wooden spoon down to keep from cutting all the way through the taters cut down to spoon in thin slices. Load up with melted butter 450 degrees 1 hour. After 30 minutes add more butter. Top with your favorite ingredients bacon chives sour cream
Old March 8th, 2023, 03:05 AM

Mike her name is Mary jude and she's mean as a gut shot grizzly
Her pos husband took the drop top down to bare metal and painted it only he missed putting primer on part of the cowl
guess what. I'm major PO'd because he won't fix his phuque up
Old March 8th, 2023, 03:32 AM

Norm my cell service in the mountains has gone from bad to worse
i axed my neighbor ( full time resident) via text what he did
He said wifi calling
My bookkeeper ( usually computer savvy) doesn't know how
Is there a simple way to do wifi calling?Tanks
Old March 8th, 2023, 03:36 AM
Running On Empty

Norm my cell service in the mountains has gone from bad to worse
i axed my neighbor ( full time resident) via text what he did
He said wifi calling
My bookkeeper ( usually computer savvy) doesn't know how
Is there a simple way to do wifi calling?Tanks
Jim - You have an iPhone?
Make a call with Wi-Fi Calling
Old March 8th, 2023, 06:02 AM

Her pos husband took the drop top down to bare metal and painted it only he missed putting primer on part of the cowl guess what. I'm major PO'd because he won't fix his phuque up
Jim - Wow, that is really $hitty, especially when you're doing the job for family, he really is a POS!
Old March 8th, 2023, 08:33 AM

Well, I can't say it's been a great morning. I got a text this morning from my best HS buddy that contained a link to the obituary for one of our classmates that had passed away at the end of February. The gal that passed was one of what I would call the core group of our Class, the planners/doers/leaders, and I knew her well and we were close friends. Being 500-miles away from home since 1983, I really only saw her at Class Reunions, but it was always a joy to see her and the rest of the "ol gang" when I attended those events. It is sobering when close friends start to disappear!
Old March 8th, 2023, 08:48 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Chris I'm sorry for your loss. There's several people I was close with in high school that I live far away from now. Once in a while I'll hear of a parent or someone passing and it always makes me sad.

Good morning at work. The computers are slow-fast-slow-fast so nothing new. We're actually doing pretty good. My wall guy called out and I got a super good wall guy. Is it wrong for me to wish the other guy stays out the rest of the week?

Got a call from the "opposing" insurance company this morning. She said she'd send out an adjuster, write me a check, and I could take the car anyplace I wanted. If the shop found something further they'd just issue a suppliment and take care of it. She was very nice and I appreciated that it was that easy. Hope I have good luck with the adjuster.

Jamesbo that wasn't recently was it? Was he the same guy that painted another car incorrectly and wouldn't fix it?

Norm does WiFi calling not work with an android? I was thinking about a land line for my house, since my phone sucks there in that little area.

Okay back to being serious. Almost done with what I need, might do some extra as a couple guys are behind. Have a good afternoon everyone.

Old March 8th, 2023, 09:21 AM

Good morning everyone.

Chris I'm sorry for your loss. There's several people I was close with in high school that I live far away from now. Once in a while I'll hear of a parent or someone passing and it always makes me sad.

Got a call from the "opposing" insurance company this morning. She said she'd send out an adjuster, write me a check, and I could take the car anyplace I wanted. If the shop found something further they'd just issue a suppliment and take care of it. She was very nice and I appreciated that it was that easy. Hope I have good luck with the adjuster.
Mike - Thanks buddy, I appreciate the condolence!

I hate being the "Nervous Nellie", but I just don't trust insurance companies. I think I'd want to have a quote in hand from a body shop I trust before accepting or signing anything from the "opposing" insurance adjuster? I know the opposing insurance said they'd make it right if it ended up costing more in the end, but I would have a hard time trusting that? Just my 2-cents.
Old March 8th, 2023, 09:24 AM
Running On Empty

Norm does WiFi calling not work with an android? I was thinking about a land line for my house, since my phone sucks there in that little area.
How to Use WiFi Calling on Your Android Phone
Old March 9th, 2023, 01:46 AM

Mike yea same brother in law. Truthfully. Since I put vista cruiser up sale i thought I should bring it down from the mountains. So i put the drop top donny's garage i don't want to see it because it just raises my blood pressure. Out of sight Out of mind. The biggest problem is sooner or later I'm going to be forced to be face to face with the pos at some family gathering and I don't know what I am going to say to him. Maybe a 2x4 over his head would get his attention i need to stop
because writing about tabout Just makes me mad
Old March 9th, 2023, 03:49 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Boy we just had a good dressing down over not enough people wanting to work overtime. I don't work overtime because I don't agree with their new policy of not paying the whole shift when you leave early. Sounds petty but that's the perk for giving up your Saturday. I'm not going to get up at 2, to be at work by 4, and then work four hours and get paid for four hours. They want me to come in on my day off, they are going to pay me for my whole day off. Besides that, when they came up with that new policy, it was a Saturday, but then they went and changed everyone's hours for the day before, which stole 2 hours from me. They can go fornicate with themselves.

Jamesbo my unsolicited opinion is just go get the car fixed and you won't have to worry about it anymore. You know BIL isn't going to fix it and it needs to be fixed, so just go ahead. Yes it will always be a bone of contention but at least you won't be looking at it every time you drive the car.

Insurance adjuster coming out today to look at my car. Maybe he'll find plenty wrong and write me a big fat check. Eh, I don't think I'll be so lucky. I'm not going to get my knickers in a bunch over it.

Got my slow wall guy back today. I'm guessing motivation will be way down after that speech trying to guilt us into working overtime. I don't care. I go home at the same time regardless.

Hope everyone has a good day. One more after this one.

Old March 9th, 2023, 01:09 PM

Mike, Here's the real problem. There is no way to know you fixed the Phuque up w/o taking the whole car down to bare metal again And no one in their right mind [seeing the flaws] would buy it w/o planning on repainting it. So my [roughly ]30 K drop top just became a 15k drop top so if I put another 14/18 into a new paint job. I may be upside down. I think I may just let my heirs worry about it The whole thing just pi$$ me off big time. When Its in Donny's garage, I don't have ta see it and his grandson loves to ride in it Soooooooooooooooooooooooo make a few people happy and don't raise your blood pressure
Old March 9th, 2023, 01:16 PM

My antique guns friends in VA are sending me some lockable packing crates to ship some Springfields to their shop to sell for me.When my dirt naps comes I don't want the Super model to use them as tomato stakes If any of my Olds friends want/need anything speak now https://www.davidcondon.com/
Old March 9th, 2023, 02:46 PM

Wow, the items on that site are way out of my price range.

Old March 9th, 2023, 04:24 PM

Wow, what a day, seriously you can't make this $hit up! This afternoon I was sitting in the kitchen, soaked with sweat from my workout, and I hear my wife scream from the basement, Chrissss!!! I ran down there and found this guy on the carpet about a foot in front of the space heater!

Identified as a Brown Dakay's snake they are common in Missouri, adult length from 9" to 13". They eat small bugs and slugs. This guy was probably about 10-inches and as big around as a pencil.

If that wasn't enough, I had a text waiting from my Sister when I got up this morning at 0730 asking me to please call ASAP, with a crying emoji. So I called, and she was so distraught, she couldn't even hardly talk. She put my BIL (I'll call him that even though they're not married, because they've been together many years) and he proceeded to tell me how his youngest son was murdered in a domestic incident late yesterday evening. I only have one side of the story, so most of this is 2nd hand conjecture at this point and it will be interesting to find out the ground truth at some point. Apparently my BIL's youngest son, and the son's teenage daughter, ended up at the son's ex-wife's house yesterday evening. The ex-wife let them both in the house and an argument ensued. Then at some point the new live-in boyfriend of the ex came out of the back bedroom and emptied a full clip into my BIL's son. The son died on the operating table around midnight last night. Sounds like a whole bunch of bad choices were made, resulting in an outcome that is just so, so sad!

Well that was my fun for the day, and I've had all the fun I can stand!

Hope ya'll had a good one!

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; March 9th, 2023 at 04:28 PM.
Old March 9th, 2023, 04:45 PM

Chris, That's horrible So sorry
Old March 9th, 2023, 04:54 PM

most of this is 2nd hand conjecture at this point and it will be interesting to find out the ground truth at some point.
First off wow, and second I agree there seems to be much more to this. Again, wow, and condolences.
Old March 9th, 2023, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the condolences guys, much appreciated! Can't imagine losing a child in any way, but that is really horrible! It was really tough talking with my BIL this morning, WTF do you say to something like that other than how sorry you are, and we're here for you if there's something we can do?
Old March 9th, 2023, 06:09 PM
Running On Empty

…emptied a full clip into my BIL's son. The son died on the operating table around midnight last night.
Messed up.
Old March 9th, 2023, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Messed up.
Yep, it sure as hell is!
Old March 9th, 2023, 08:59 PM

One force in this world I will never understand is how women take up with dirtbags. Second degree murder on the dirtbag, felony murder as an accomplice on the wife, and the young girl is probably permanently traumatized because her dad got killed in front of her, and an innocent man is dead.

Chris, you're getting a lot of people dying on you, bud. My sympathies. Be right with the Lord during this time.
Old March 10th, 2023, 03:53 AM

Chris, that is such a shame... I am so sorry.
Old March 10th, 2023, 04:32 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

The usual 4am start, well, 4am coming together we didn't really start until after 5. The lead's dressing down from yesterday still fresh in everyone's mind.

Chris that's awful. So we can believe that the new boyfriend is in jail and possibly the exwife? So sorry. I really feel for the daughter. You don't have to say anything. Just be available.

I think the rain is done with us for the weekend but it's going to be cool. I need to do some things in the yard. I could really use a case of the blue flu. Eh, I could be off a year and not get caught up.

Okay wheels are coming. The weekend is upon us. I hope it's good for everyone.

Old March 10th, 2023, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
First off wow, and second I agree there seems to be much more to this. Again, wow, and condolences.
Hey guy's - The first news I could find on the shooting death of my BIL's son broke late last evening, I think around 10 or 11. The initial reporting does not match the story relayed to me by my BIL, which had been relayed to him by his granddaughter. As I said yesterday, and per Kenneth's statement quoted above, it will be interesting to find out the true story. Right now, the Battle Creek Police are calling it a justified home invasion shooting and no one has been taken into custody, although the investigation is ongoing. Here's an article:
https://www.wzzm13.com/article/news/...a-38b8398faa30