The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2022, 05:39 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
I'm seeing news there is a problem with Artemis and the launch may be delayed.
Engine #3 bleed failure. Mission scrubbed.
Old August 29th, 2022, 05:41 AM

NASA Artemis rocket launch for today has been scrubbed due to a fuel leak and other issues!
Old August 29th, 2022, 07:25 AM

Back to the 110s this week.

Old August 29th, 2022, 02:34 PM

Good evening guys,

My wife made something for dinner we haven't had in quite awhile, BLT's, always one of my favorites!

Old August 29th, 2022, 02:49 PM

Chris, Do ya think she could make one more for me?
Old August 29th, 2022, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Chris, Do ya think she could make one more for me?
Sure, come on over, plenty to go around. We bought 6-lbs. of Armor Black Label thick cut bacon last time we went to Sam's Club. Not to be confused with Carling's Black Label beer, which I haven't had, or seen, in years. Hey Mabel . . . Black Label!
Old August 29th, 2022, 03:56 PM
Banned

Good day and my son and the exchange student I am hosting,Eva from Germany had a good day at their first day of school.Eva did meet a couple good friends that welcomed her in.My son,met a new classmate he has began a friendship with.Found out she has puturitary dwarfism and told her about me having this too.Brought her over and thought it was cool she is not alone.Work went good.Comforted a co worker,her husband left her this weekend and going to be there for her.She has a 13 year old daughter and a 15 year old with him.Told her I have been through that with an ex boyfriend.
Old August 29th, 2022, 04:05 PM

Rained like a sum beech just as work ended, it was flowing across the parking lot like a river, about 1 1/2" deep. I wore a rain jacket, but it only went to my hips, my legs were absolutely soaked. At least I watch the a.m. news so I can see what the weather will bring, most of my co workers had zero protection.
Old August 29th, 2022, 06:07 PM
Running On Empty

Played in the PromAm tournament. Watched the 4-hole ProAm shootout. Ate some really decent beef tips for dinner. Met some really nice people. I'm not drunk but I'm really, really toasty.
Old August 29th, 2022, 08:51 PM

Damn I feel old. A coworker's wife was going on on facebook about a Korn concert being the most metal she has ever seen. I tried to stifle any comment of "I remember being 25 and thinking I had seen it all," so I gently pointed her at some Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Blind Guardian.

Hopefully her man comes in tomorrow and high fives me for getting her to do it all night to real metal.
Old August 30th, 2022, 02:49 AM
Always room for one more

I know what I'll do.

Done.

Last edited by slantflat; August 30th, 2022 at 02:51 AM.
Old August 30th, 2022, 02:57 AM
Running On Empty

Mike?
Old August 30th, 2022, 03:59 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Sorry guys, it hasn't been a good day already and seeing a bunch of crap posted sent me into a small tantrum. I think I need some Tylenol. Or Prozac.

The pickup has not been happy the past several days, yet I persist. Last night I went to the Summit cruise in and barely got it to start. The headlights were really dim, and the lights inside were doing all sorts of funny things. Classic alternator symptoms I think. A guy at work is going to bring in his scanner that has an alternator test mode on it. That will tell the tale.

Chris the BLT looks scrumptious. That's something the Awful house does pretty well, I get one now and again. See I can eat healthy at Awful house.

Wheels are slow but are starting to come in. Errands after work today I already know that. Hope everyone has a good Tuesday.

Old August 30th, 2022, 04:27 AM

I can't say enough good things about the "friends on CO. They offered to take a peek at a K 5 in Texas Unfortunately, things didn't work out. I am getting real close to stopping the hunt and gaining my life back from wasting time looking for a sensible seller

The other day, This dude returns my call, sends me pics, sends me video then ghost He may have gone on a crack break
Old August 30th, 2022, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Played in the PromAm tournament. Watched the 4-hole ProAm shootout. Ate some really decent beef tips for dinner. Met some really nice people. I'm not drunk but I'm really, really toasty.
Glad ya had a good time Norm! Got cut loose and have a few every once in awhile!
Old August 30th, 2022, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Chris the BLT looks scrumptious. That's something the Awful house does pretty well, I get one now and again. See I can eat healthy at Awful house.
Now that's funny, LMAO! Mike I hope your day gets better and you get the truck straighted out!
Old August 30th, 2022, 06:14 AM

I can't say enough good things about the "friends on CO. They offered to take a peek at a K 5 in Texas Unfortunately, things didn't work out. I am getting real close to stopping the hunt and gaining my life back from wasting time looking for a sensible seller

The other day, This dude returns my call, sends me pics, sends me video then ghost He may have gone on a crack break
Jim - I was following your thread about trying to get assistance from someone to look at that K5, and it sounded like a done deal. Sorry the guy ghosted you and it fell through. Some folks (both sexes) can be REAL ******! I can't count the number of times now people have told my wife they want a piece of furniture and have actually told her they're on their way with the cash, and then just never show, no call or text, just nothing! I'd love to be able to find them and just slap them silly, did I say they're REAL ******!!!
Old August 30th, 2022, 06:26 AM
Jeff

Sure, come on over, plenty to go around. We bought 6-lbs. of Armor Black Label thick cut bacon last time we went to Sam's Club. Not to be confused with Carling's Black Label beer, which I haven't had, or seen, in years. Hey Mabel . . . Black Label!
We had a Carling's brewery in Frankenmuth for a long time, it shut down right as I was beginning work across the river for the FBI (Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn). Every once in a while, I run into a guy that used to work there, and get to hear the stories about how they had a beer cart that would go around serving up drinks to workers on the job. They always say it was a great place to work, wonder why?

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Rained like a sum beech just as work ended, it was flowing across the parking lot like a river, about 1 1/2" deep. I wore a rain jacket, but it only went to my hips, my legs were absolutely soaked. At least I watch the a.m. news so I can see what the weather will bring, most of my co workers had zero protection.
We were headed out to a local restaurant as that storm was coming. Turned around and went back home, sky looked angry.

Originally Posted by Koda
Damn I feel old. A coworker's wife was going on on facebook about a Korn concert being the most metal she has ever seen. I tried to stifle any comment of "I remember being 25 and thinking I had seen it all," so I gently pointed her at some Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Blind Guardian.
Korn is garbage. Good for you for steering her towards real metal, although I'm unfamiliar with Blind Guardian. Will now look them up on the Spotifies.
Old August 30th, 2022, 06:41 AM

jeff, We had one just south of Atlanta too. For the life of me I can't remember the ale the made there also. Was it Red cap?
Old August 30th, 2022, 06:42 AM

Well, I'd say Good Morning, but not so much for some of you, so here's to it getting better as the day progresses!

Our dogs have a wellness visit at the Vet early Thursday morning. I can't remember who's getting what vaccination or whatever, my wife tracks that stuff. I'm just glad we got them combined into one trip. I have my annual physical next week, damn, I really can't believe it's time for that again, where in the hell does the time go! Speaking of time, hard to believe Labor Day weekend is almost upon us! They shutdown the Club Pool down the street from us after Labor Day so my wife is wanting to go up there one more time before they close it down..

Car event plans for this week are the really big cruise-in at the huge Church on Friday evening, and the cruise-in at the DQ in DeSoto on Saturday evening, both of which I've been to multiple times this summer. My buddy with the '66 Vette is meeting me at the DQ event on Saturday.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Old August 30th, 2022, 07:07 AM
Jeff

jeff, We had one just south of Atlanta too. For the life of me I can't remember the ale the made there also. Was it Red cap?
Eh, that was before I was legal drinking age, so I couldn't tell ya. I did a quick Googles search, and don't see anything called Red Cap. By 1990, the brewery closed. The family that owns the FBI bought the property, and after letting the brewery sit idle for ~ 10 years, tore it down and turned it into more tourist-trap shops. I do admit to frequenting a couple of those shops, though. One is an outlet for my favorite Michigan winery, Cherry Republic. Saves me the hassle of having to drive to either Ann Arbor or all the way up to Glen Arbor (Traverse City area) to get some of their awesome cherry-based wines.
Old August 30th, 2022, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Weezer
We had a Carling's brewery in Frankenmuth for a long time, it shut down right as I was beginning work across the river for the FBI (Frankenmuth Bavarian Inn). Every once in a while, I run into a guy that used to work there, and get to hear the stories about how they had a beer cart that would go around serving up drinks to workers on the job. They always say it was a great place to work, wonder why?
Jeff - Interesting, but not surprising, there was a Carling's brewery in Frankenmuth since Carling started in Canada. When I was a boy we would go to Frankenmuth for the day usually once every couple of years. Mom enjoyed going there to look for new Christmas decorations. We would usually go close to Christmas when the entire town was decorated. We would always have a nice meal at either the Bavarian Inn or Zenders. Fond memories of those trips for me!
Old August 30th, 2022, 07:48 AM
GCH

Glenn - I sure enjoy watching the Arvika videos.
Glenn - Thanks for the video, like Norm, I really enjoy them too!
Glad you liked the pics from here Have mounted a 180F stat today in the 98 but should
think about a fan shroud or electric fans in front of the radiator.
Old August 30th, 2022, 11:54 AM
Jeff

Jeff - Interesting, but not surprising, there was a Carling's brewery in Frankenmuth since Carling started in Canada. When I was a boy we would go to Frankenmuth for the day usually once every couple of years. Mom enjoyed going there to look for new Christmas decorations. We would usually go close to Christmas when the entire town was decorated. We would always have a nice meal at either the Bavarian Inn or Zenders. Fond memories of those trips for me!
That's actually the town I want to move to once the youngest graduates from high school. I want to be able to walk up town and enjoy a pretzel and a beer during the summer, or walk to my favorite bar. I will not own another pair of lederhosen in this lifetime, though!
Old August 30th, 2022, 12:01 PM

That's actually the town I want to move to once the youngest graduates from high school. I want to be able to walk up town and enjoy a pretzel and a beer during the summer, or walk to my favorite bar. I will not own another pair of lederhosen in this lifetime, though!
It is probably getting close to 50-years now since I've been there. Probably wouldn't be anything like I remember, but it still must be a neat little town is you want to move there. Good luck with that dream!
Old August 30th, 2022, 01:05 PM
Running On Empty

...my favorite Michigan winery, Cherry Republic. Saves me the hassle of having to drive to either Ann Arbor or all the way up to Glen Arbor (Traverse City area) to get some of their awesome cherry-based wines.
One of the last times I was riding the Indian through Michigan (8-9 yrs ago) I bought a bottle of wine in Leland @ the Verterra Winery. I spent a couple nights in Leland just walking/riding about - such a nice area.
Old August 30th, 2022, 01:07 PM

Jeff, the rain in the parking lot got worse after I left, no damage, but a co worker has a 80ish 300zx that he likes to drive to work in the summer, he parked at the back of the lot, and the water was up to his doors. The Muskegon Brewery used to brew Carlings Black Label in the late '50's, the brewery closed not too long afterwards. It is now home to Coles Bakery. Made up some more humming bird food as it appears that a racoon got into it last night. I have half a mind to trap him and release him 100 miles away, but there's a few of them, so it wouldn't do much good. Jim, I'm still keeping an eye out for a K5, but everyone of them had been modified to heck, and the prices ain't for the faint.
Old August 30th, 2022, 01:12 PM
Running On Empty

One of the last times I was riding the Indian through Michigan (8-9 yrs ago) I bought a bottle of wine in Leland @ the Verterra Winery. I spent a couple nights in Leland just walking/riding about - such a nice area.
Well, I guess it was more like 5 or 6 years ago then since their first wine was bottled in 2016 - which I guess is about right since that's about the time Mom passed away & I was riding up North to visit when she turned for the worst.
Old August 30th, 2022, 01:14 PM
Running On Empty

The ProAm tournament is over - I don't know how our team finished but it wasn't DFL - I think we were at least in the middle of the pack or ahead of the middle of the pack - maybe enough to win back our entry fee. None-the-less it was a very pleasant tournament.
Old August 30th, 2022, 01:18 PM

I had to piece DFL together by context. Now, I understand.
Old August 30th, 2022, 01:23 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Koda
I had to piece DFL together by context.

Old August 30th, 2022, 03:20 PM
Banned

Told my boss I would go to a class on DEF regen and systems.4 other co workers are going too and boss is paying for it.We work on heavy equipment with DEF and I want to learn a lot more on it
Old August 30th, 2022, 06:08 PM

I have nothing to say, this picture is enough.

Old August 30th, 2022, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
I have nothing to say, this picture is enough.

It ain't called "The Valley of the Sun" for nothing!
Old August 30th, 2022, 06:20 PM
Running On Empty

Someone enlighten me - WTF is DEF regen?
Old August 30th, 2022, 06:34 PM

Someone enlighten me - WTF is DEF regen?
DEF is diesel emissions fluid I believe. It is chemical mixed with diesel exhaust via injectors in the exhaust manifolds in order for it to react with the catalytic converter to create cleaner final emmissions. Large diesel engines are mandated to have the technology to meet Federal regulations.
Old August 30th, 2022, 06:37 PM

Ha! The evening weather man said it’s been a cool month, with well below average temperatures.

Old August 30th, 2022, 07:55 PM
Running On Empty

DEF is diesel emissions fluid I believe. It is chemical mixed with diesel exhaust via injectors in the exhaust manifolds in order for it to react with the catalytic converter to create cleaner final emmissions. Large diesel engines are mandated to have the technology to meet Federal regulations.
Well darn it - I should know this stuff I own a diesel - maybe it's not big enough? The closest I came up with was DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) regeneration.
Old August 30th, 2022, 07:59 PM

Talking

Well darn it - I should know this stuff I own a diesel - maybe it's not big enough? The closest I came up with was DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) regeneration.
I think they only use DPF on Volkswagens Norm. They had some bad tests once. Maybe Dodges too but I am not positive. I drive a Mercury Zepher for my daily rig
Old August 30th, 2022, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by otto72
I think they only use DPF on Volkswagens Norm. They had some bad tests once. Maybe Dodges too but I am not positive. I drive a Mercury Zepher for my daily rig
Keith - Volkswagons may very well have DPF's on them, but this discussion is about Diesel Emmissions Fluid (DEF), a chemical stored in a separate reservoir mainly on heavy equipment and semi tractor diesel engines that is mixed with the exhaust via injectors in the exhaust manifold. The chemical causes the exhaust gasses to react more favorably with the catalytic converter resulting in cleaner final emissions. It could be possible some Volkswagon diesel automobile engines also use this technology, but the only automobiles I know for sure that use it are some BMW and Mercedes diesels.

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; August 30th, 2022 at 08:25 PM.