The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 13th, 2022, 04:25 PM
Always room for one more

Seems to me this is how the last TNGMT get together started. We should plan another. But not in a week and a half. That's pushing it. Jamesbo we've never seen the Cyclorama in its new home...

Didn't get any mowing done like I wanted to. I got to the house and Mom said, I need your help... Pretty soon it was past time to mow. So we went to Awful house for a bite and now I'm home and going to bed soon.

One year the Corvair club went to Buffalo for the annual convention. For the April newsletter, I said we should consider a different time to go because during that week the pumps will be shut off that run the Falls for maintenance. More than a few fell for that.

We built a few extra wheels to get a head start for tomorrow, so maybe we'll get out early. Otherwise it's off Friday, work Saturday. Now, I'm always lobbying the lead to work the holiday and use it another time, but I could use 8 hours overtime, so I won't complain. I did take a couple days off next week so I'll still get a long weekend in there somewhere.

Nighty night. Two AM comes early.

Old April 13th, 2022, 07:07 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by mattking
Was this one of you guys in Bryson City last august?
I was half suspecting to see a picture of myself or someone I know. A group of us stay at the Fryemont Inn each fall for 4 nights/5 days - riding our motorcycles through the Smoky's.

Old April 13th, 2022, 09:25 PM

Norm, to go with the chief motorcycle, do you have a Native American Chief costume a la the Village People?
Old April 13th, 2022, 11:49 PM

Mike, A couple of things

I'd be happy to show you all the ship lap ya wanta see only you can't see the what's done. All you see is the seam

Water tank/ If you fill it with water it's going to stay on whatever it on until it's empty 300 gallons is heavy.If it were me. [And I just did it ] I run a water line to a frost free hose bib

I've been going to the [old] Cyclorama since grammar school When UDC ladies in wool suits ran the tours; They played a scratched up record of Victor Jory narrating the story.. Instead of sitting on a revolving turntable you walked around the inside of the painting as the ladies using pointer flash lights showed what was where. They would have NEVER pointed out the wounded soldier in the foreground that resembles Clark Gable because it would not be Historically correct, Technology and 'political correctness" has it going in the wrong direction [downhill]

It was almost Atlanta's Alamo. Now everything is "Watered down"

My exigency de jour

I've never been happy with the way the Jerry cans fit on the M 100 trailer. Because of the lip at the top of the trailer that sit kinda catawampus. So I yanked them off and ordered some 4" angle iron from McMaster- Carr. I'm gonna weld it on the the side of the bottom of the frame and drill some knew holes to lower them [on both side] so they will ride straight . Stay tuned
Old April 14th, 2022, 06:38 AM
Running On Empty

Several notables I've visited in Atlanta over the years:
(1) The old Atlanta Cyclorama before its move & after its move to the Atlanta History Center;
(2) Jimmy Carter Presidential Library and Museum;
(3) Stone Mountain;
(4) College Football Hall Of Fame;
(5)
Hammonds House Mueum;
(6) Fernbank Museum Of Natural History;
(7) Fox Theatre (Centennial Place);
(8) Piedmont Park;
(9) Georgia Aquarium;
(10) Georgia Dome;
(11) Buckhead;
(12) Fogo de Chão Brazilian Steakhouse;
(13) South City Kitchen Midtown

Still on my list is the Waffle House Museum
Old April 14th, 2022, 07:40 AM

Fogo de Chao is a carnivores dream come true

Norm, For 50 + years there was a Japanese Zero parked behind an antique store. I used to enjoy giving foreigners a peak. Unfortunately it's been moved
Old April 14th, 2022, 07:44 AM
Always room for one more

Aloha

I've been irritated all morning. First and foremost because I left the house without a jacket and I'm cold. It's cold outside, it's cold in the shop, and my robot guy has a fan on that is blowing directly at me. Eh, I'm tough. Besides that the usual shenanigans from the clowns are unusually irritating. Nobody but me cares.

Jamesbo I would love to have water at the shop but to run my own line it would go across the street and also past a few utilities that are under my lawn. I could have a meter put in for that property but then I'd have yet another bill to worry about in perpetuity. So the plan is to put it on a trailer, fill it up across the street and when it's empty, take it back across the street.

Norm I've never been to the Waffle House Museum, either. I want to go but it's only open on Wednesdays. Besides the Cyclorama I've been to both old and new Coke museum, the aquarium, Stone Mountain, Fox Theater. Oddly enough, having been to the Cyclorama I've never been to the zoo. The CR was on zoo property but outside the zoo. Bad parking there by the way.

So I saw a picture of "King" Edward VIII and Wallis Simpson standing next to their Imperial. I thought it would be a hoot to have my face put on the duke's body, since I have an Imperial just like theirs. That isn't bad luck at all, is it, considering all the trouble the two of them seemed to be in all the time. I think it would be a hoot.

Things have been slow all morning, but we must be getting towards the end. There's a sudden flurry of activity going on. The lead said when we're done we can leave. Well, whatever it takes to get the job done. Guess I'll help to ease the burden. Awful house sounds pretty good.

Peace

Last edited by slantflat; April 14th, 2022 at 07:46 AM.
Old April 14th, 2022, 09:05 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, For 50 + years there was a Japanese Zero parked behind an antique store. I used to enjoy giving foreigners a peak. Unfortunately it's been moved
I wonder where it's located now? Perhaps a member of the Planes Of Fame Air Museum collection.
Old April 14th, 2022, 11:43 AM

Norm, I have no idear

Talk about fast service, I ordered the angle iron yesterday and it was on my doorstep at noon

My drill press is in the mountain but I think I got it figured out

Old April 14th, 2022, 02:34 PM

Mike, The minimum water bill is like 6 bucks skip the waffle House one day a month and you're good to go
Old April 14th, 2022, 03:55 PM

Good evening guys,

I had a comprehensive skin cancer screening with a dermapathologist today, and all the news was good. Even the ugliest areas I was concerned about (why I went), turned out to be just benign growths termed "Seborrheic Keratoses", and according to the Doc they are nothing to worry about. I am thankful that's all they are, but can't help feeling a little guilty with everything my wife's going through!

Jim - Good luck getting the gas cans reconfigured on the Jeep trailer!
Old April 14th, 2022, 08:24 PM
Always room for one more

Ah Jamesbo it isn't that easy. First of all the minimum bill around here is $13 so I'd have to skip two days at the Awful house. Not happening! Secondly, I'm not giving the local government any more money than I have to. They are already into me for two water bills a month.

We finished up around 1130 and left by noon. Had a good lunch with the Awful house lunch guys. Got a few boxes moved around at Mom's, also mowed in the back yard.

I think tomorrow I'm going to stick around here for a little while after Awful house and get some things of my own done. Still have to end early so I can get to bed early for overtime on Saturday. Man that's all screwed up.

Get to sleep in a little tomorrow. How nice will that be. But only a little. My canine alarm clock will be wound up tight and set to go off.

Old April 15th, 2022, 04:26 AM

Heading norte.

Gonna dill some holes in my new angle iron and paint it OD I also gotta paint my scissor jack and an extra spare I've had laying around for 20 + years,

Have a great Easter Weekend Olds friends
Old April 15th, 2022, 05:16 AM

Heading norte.
Gonna dill some holes in my new angle iron and paint it OD I also gotta paint my scissor jack and an extra spare I've had laying around for 20 + years,
Have a great Easter Weekend Olds friends
Jim - Safe travels, and have a nice Easter! Good luck with the Jeep/trailer mods.
Old April 15th, 2022, 09:03 AM
Always room for one more

Aloha

First, I know how Norm likes my bitching about things, so I'll say I got home from the Awful house this morning, after staying only 3 hours, and it took this stupid computer almost an hour to come on. Last night it wouldn't shut down, so I just pushed the button. This morning, it wanted to go into update mode. Fine. After that, it wanted to do clean up mode. I thought, great, I'll have a day or so of lightning fast internet(nope). Then I got a white screen of death, and I decided to take a shower. Finally got the internet but it's slow as usual. Queue the obligatory throw it in the lake comment.

Anyhoo, I got to sleep in until almost 7. I have this talent where I can wake up and not open my eyes. But the phone dinged and that roused the gatekeeper. So off to Awful house where we enjoyed conversation with several guys coming in and going out.

Jamesbo what was that picture you sent me? It was pretty blurry. Have a good time in da mountains.

Beautiful out. Got some stuff to take over to the dumpster, might mow a little more, and help Mom do whatever. This is a typical conversation at my house. I'm going to do this. Okay but first come help me do this. Now I don't have time to do this. If you'd ever get done in there we could do this.

Saw a Valiant is up for sale around Huntsville that I've been waiting out. It's a little pricey but not too bad. It comes on the heels of my trying to get with that guy with the Impala. Heck if I sold a couple things I could get both. Oh, sell something, now I'm twitching.

Off to it.

Peace

Old April 15th, 2022, 10:04 AM

Good morning guys (barely),

Beat the rain that's coming in a couple hours and got the lawn mowed. Seems like we're in a pattern of rain every other day. Our Cherry tree is in full bloom and I have the lawn looking pretty sharp so far. Think I got the weed control down at exactly the right time.

I was hoping to go to a new cruise-in nearby tonight but I doubt that's gonna happen now because of the rain. Hope everyone has a great day and Easter weekend!

Old April 15th, 2022, 12:12 PM

Rain, eh? I haven't seen any of that for a while now.
Old April 15th, 2022, 12:13 PM

Mike i have no idea what that is or how it got on my phone or how I sent it to you. Sorry

Making progress with the Jerry can extension. Now paint before it rains

Old April 15th, 2022, 12:37 PM

Mike, you stayed at work for only three hours, or at the Awful house for three hours?
Heck if I sold a couple things I could get both. Oh, sell something, now I'm twitching.
O.K., we know that won't happen. Jim, you okay? one of your pictures wasn't blurry. Have a good Easter evryone.​​​​​​​
Old April 15th, 2022, 01:26 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jim, you okay? one of your pictures wasn't blurry.
Dan - Which one?
Old April 15th, 2022, 01:41 PM

Now now one of these days y'all are going to get old and blind ( if you're lucky )
Old April 15th, 2022, 01:50 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - Do this NOW!

Run the sfc /scannow command from the Command Prompt. Yours "may" look different since I am completely up-to-date on everything. If you don't recall how to find the Command Prompt, just go to Search and type Command Prompt. Do this now so Windows can check your PC.
SFC stands for System File Check. It will evaluate your entire Windows OS and fix any issues. Did I mention for you to do this now?

Yours may say "Command Prompt"

Run sfc /scannow from the Command Prompt

What it looks like running.

When it has completed.
Old April 15th, 2022, 06:45 PM
Always room for one more

So Norm, since I saw this just now, did I still need to do that at 4:50pm? Or do I need to do it right now, as in right now? Heck, I'll do it tomorrow I'm going to bed. I'm still getting an indication that there's more updating to do. I'll do that tomorrow, too.

Dan I was off work today, and got up and went in to the Awful house, where I stayed 3 hours.

So work, starts at 4 tomorrow morning, we will probably be done and gone by 10. I had heard it's supposed to rain tomorrow and Sunday so if it does I'll probably get home and go back to bed. Since I'm looking at 4 hours tops to sleep, suddenly I'm not excited to go in.

Old April 15th, 2022, 06:55 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - if you could get back to 4:50pm that would be just great, yeah.
Old April 15th, 2022, 08:49 PM

Rain again? I'm jealous.
Old April 16th, 2022, 04:53 AM

Our family Easter tradition is dinner ( lunch to yous guys that can spell zambonni )considering of ham, deviled eggs, stuffed celery, spiced peaches, tater salad, and grilled asparagus

I think somethings taste better the second day. So I whipped up some tater salad and deviled eggs

Old April 16th, 2022, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Rain again? I'm jealous.
Kenneth - Yep, the weatherman was right, started about 4pm yesterday evening, right when the cruise-in I wanted to go to was supposed to start. Rained on and off through the evening. Maybe not where you are, but there can be such a thing as "too much rain"! I believe we're there! Oh, and remember what I said about being in an every other day pattern, forecast for tomorrow is rain all day, Ugh!
Old April 16th, 2022, 05:21 AM

Our family Easter tradition is dinner ( lunch to yous guys that can spell zambonni )considering of ham, deviled eggs, stuffed celery, spiced peaches, tater salad, and grilled asparagus
I think somethisos taste better the second day. So I whipped up some tater salad and deviled eggs
Jim - The deviled eggs and tater salad look delicious! Just momma and I for Easter this year unless our plans change last minute. We'll probably just do something simple like grill up some steaks with baked potatoes and salads. Works for me, the apex carnivore I am!
Old April 16th, 2022, 07:40 AM
Always room for one more

Aloha

Not a bad morning, though it was busy. Me and another guy signing, three wall guys. We started out at 132 for the number but that got reduced to 100. So we were done and out by 930.

Of course it's raining so I came home and I think I'll take a nap. Tiger doesn't feel good so I think it will be a low key day.

Norm I'm gonna do the scan in just a few minutes. It went through another round of updates when I turned it on just now.

Really wish that guy with the Valiant would get back to me.

Peace

Old April 16th, 2022, 07:46 AM
Always room for one more

Old April 16th, 2022, 07:58 AM
Always room for one more

Norm none of those screens comes up on my computer, probably because none of those commands exist. I do keep getting a message, I have to be an administrator to run this.

I know why I'm not good with computers. I took a class, for a short time, in the 80s where we had a DOS disk and had to boot up our computers, put in a bunch of codes and press RUN. I never got the hang of it and dropped the class. Oh these many years later...

Old April 16th, 2022, 08:23 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - The screen will come up. "Search" for "Command Prompt" I guarantee it is there.
Old April 16th, 2022, 01:47 PM
Running On Empty

Our family Easter tradition is dinner ( lunch to yous guys that can spell zambonni )considering of ham, deviled eggs, stuffed celery, spiced peaches, tater salad, and grilled asparagus. I think somethings taste better the second day. So I whipped up some tater salad and deviled eggs
Jim - Lots of work to prepare those items. Nice job. Without a doubt some things taste better the 2nd day after having melded over a 24hr period.
Old April 16th, 2022, 02:43 PM

My mom had a deviled egg dish like that. I'll be headed to my brothers place tomorrow. I'll make what I'll call deluxe baked beans. Baked beans, half a pound of cooked & cut up bacon, ground beef, and polish sausage, with a little Worchester sauce thrown in. Swiped from a local food place.
Old April 16th, 2022, 05:57 PM
Always room for one more

Well I tried to sleep all afternoon, but someone kept waking me up to go outside and waste time. Finally I got up and we went over to Mom's and the someone was banished to the back porch. Both Mom and I cat napped in the recliners most of the day. She wasn't feeling too hot. I think she was just tired from all this inane unpacking.

It rained at some point while I was at work but hasn't rained all afternoon. Probably will rain tomorrow. We'll try it again sleeping in and not getting bothered.

Norm I'll try the scan again but none of those screens you showed came up. Nothing even close. I'm over it. I'm going to watch the sale papers and get a new machine and then this one gets towed behind the car for a few miles.

Heard from the guy with the Valiant. I'm going to call him tomorrow and talk with him. He's done a lot of videos on youtube with this car and no doubt his price reflects his celebrity status.

Old April 16th, 2022, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Maybe not where you are, but there can be such a thing as "too much rain"!
Oh I am very well aware of that issue as the first 35 years of my life were spent on the Louisiana / Texas Gulf Coast where we got 70+ inches of rain annually. There were times when it rained for 7 to 10 days straight. And when it wasn't actually raining, the humiduty was so high that everything got wet from condensation. And then there were the bugs. But I digress...

Last edited by Fun71; April 16th, 2022 at 06:11 PM.
Old April 16th, 2022, 06:08 PM

Jim,
The wife loves deviled eggs and I started smoking the boiled eggs for her. That took them to another level. You should try it. And yeah, she has a similar egg dish. I guess that's a girl thing.
Old April 16th, 2022, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
Oh I am very well aware of that issue as the first 35 years of my life were spent on the Louisiana / Texas Gulf Coast where we got 70+ inches of rain annually. There were times when it rained for 7 to 10 days straight. And when it wasn't actually raining, the humiduty was so high that everything got wet from condensation. And then there were the bugs. But I digress...
Kenneth - I knew alot of your family lived in the Gulf, but wasn't for sure that was where you grew up. Yep, you certainly know the drill, Man the Life Rafts!
Old April 16th, 2022, 08:33 PM

Slept myself in as I had my occasional sinus/migraine headache. Drove to the gun range and met my cohorts for next week's shoot we're putting on. They brought 2 meter ham radios. I need to get involved on those. Then we ate Chinese buffet. I r stoofed.

I grew up in Orlando. We got a lot of rain. When I was in the Scouts, I rode out some serious thunderstorms in a wall tent.
Old April 17th, 2022, 03:31 AM

He is risen