The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2022, 02:21 PM

Norm, You know I have difficulty with spelling

BTW Why is your car in L?
Old April 21st, 2022, 02:21 PM
Running On Empty

Jim - I'll challenge your statement. I think Sun equipment was ~5 times better than any other product on the market (in most cases).
Old April 21st, 2022, 02:23 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Why is your car in L?
To pull the gear shift lever down (lower) to take unobstructed image - i.e. requires key in IGN to move shift lever.
Old April 21st, 2022, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Jim - I'll challenge your statement. I think Sun equipment was ~5 times better than any other product on the market (in most cases).

I agree, If you think about it the tic toc tach h isn't a very bright idear. It's important to know RPM's and not get them confused with the time. Is it 4: 30 or am I turning 4300 RPN's

That's why I like the BIG sun right in your face [steering column]
Old April 21st, 2022, 02:46 PM

My turn....the clock I purchased several months ago.

Looks great Norm!
Old April 21st, 2022, 03:01 PM

I know Chris like's cabooses [booty] but y'all have some VERY nice Clock/instruments. I love Sun Tachs [ my era] I've got 30 bucks that says they twice as good as any expensive tic toc
Yep, always been a sucker for a nice, tiny hiney! Never been enchanted by gals with ginormous hooters. Thanks to you, Kenneth, and Jeff for posting your cars on my "Show us your Booty" thread. I've gotten to see several guys' cars I haven't seen before which has been fun!

My wife got her dental implants and associated bridge work put in today, she said it feels kinda weird right now, but is glad to have a full mouth of teeth again.
Old April 21st, 2022, 03:21 PM

Went and got burgers for dinner at our favorite greasy spoon that is only about 5-minutes from our house. I always get a double burger with nothing on it for the dogs to share, they each get one burger and half a bun. As I was preparing their bowls, my wife snapped this pic! They certainly love their burger!

Ummmm, burger!!!!!
Old April 21st, 2022, 03:36 PM

Chris, I think he's ready to eat
Old April 21st, 2022, 03:42 PM

At this point he'd chew my damn arm off if I wasn't using it to set his burger down!
Old April 21st, 2022, 03:47 PM

Norm,
Is your tank filled to the brim or is there some other reason why the needle is so far past F?

Old April 21st, 2022, 03:48 PM
Running On Empty

I filled it yesterday right up to the tippy top which always sends the needle past F.

EDIT: And, I'll add...the gas station is <1 mile from my home.
Old April 21st, 2022, 03:55 PM
Running On Empty

Kenneth - BTW, I haven't heard one peep from the speed-o-meter cable since I removed it and greased it. I used the same Ford "Blue" PTFE lubricant I used to lube the slip yoke of my F-250 driveshaft - because I had it handy and available.
Old April 21st, 2022, 05:19 PM

Had a Sun SSII in my '66 Goat. You're right on the prices, getting stupid. My Olds' of that era. 1- '69, 1- '70, 2-1971, the fuel gauge always did that after filling up, and dropping down when going around a corner with a little speed.
Old April 22nd, 2022, 05:42 AM

Glenn - I saw you found my "Show us your Booty" thread, thanks for posting your "Big Ninety-Eight Vert"! You've got it looking sharp!
Old April 22nd, 2022, 06:20 AM
Always room for one more

Aloha

Beautiful morning. All the things from yesterday still apply.

Last day of the dumpster. I've got this afternoon to get what I can into it, and it leaves tomorrow while I'm up in da hills.

So this morning I get to see if I can unload this car of my mother's. I took it to the automatic car wash last night and the spinning wire brushes beat some of the scuffs off it. It still had a month's worth of pollen on it that had solidified. If I can get out of it I'll be happy.

Well daylight is burning. Wish me luck.

Peace

Old April 22nd, 2022, 07:58 AM

Good morning guys,

I was out doing some yard work a few moments ago and saw this guy trying to warm up. What a beauty, and large, about 5-inches, wing tip to tip! I don't know that I've ever seen any butterflies or moths around here that are any prettier. I have thru the years seen a couple of ginormous fluorescent green Luna Moths.

Old April 22nd, 2022, 09:38 AM
GCH

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Glenn - I saw you found my "Show us your Booty" thread, thanks for posting your "Big Ninety-Eight Vert"! You've got it looking sharp!
Thanks Chris , today was the first day this year driving with the top down in the nice weather
( but is not a showcar , but i like it )

5 inches butterfly nice colour.

Last edited by GCH; April 22nd, 2022 at 09:40 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2022, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by GCH
Thanks Chris , today was the first day this year driving with the top down in the nice weather
( but is not a showcar , but i like it )
I'd love to have your car, the large, 2-door convertibles, are some of my all time favorite cars!
Old April 22nd, 2022, 11:07 AM

In the hills going to chow down with Mike and John tomorrow

Drive the jeep? Drive the vista cruiser?
Old April 22nd, 2022, 11:16 AM
Running On Empty

Drive the jeep?
Yes

Drive the vista cruiser?
Yes

Old April 22nd, 2022, 12:07 PM

Norm i hope you know that the roads are full of flat squirrels that couldn't make up their minds
Old April 22nd, 2022, 06:16 PM
Always room for one more

Got lots included into the dumpster today and that will be that. I'll be glad to get that off the driveway.

No joy with the car today. I went to Carmax and the Chevy dealer. Oddly enough Carmax came in higher by just a little. Neither offer was enough to pay it off. Close. I think what I'll do is add a little extra to the monthly payment coming up and just take it back to Carmax. I'm not going to get rich off selling outright, and I don't want the hassle talking to people like me.

Time for bed, I'm beat. Fried chicken tomorrow. Those of you who aren't meeting us should be very, very jealous.

Good night.

Old April 22nd, 2022, 08:38 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by slantflat
I don't want the hassle talking to people like me.
”The horror…..the horror”.
Old April 22nd, 2022, 10:27 PM

Getting setup for Appleseed shoot in AM.

Meanwhile, the left burner of my grille lit the well on fire and under it since it's rusted out while I was grilling chicken. Previous grease had gotten all over the pull out shelves, and about the time molten plastic blobs of burning shelf were dripping ***** of fire onto the ground, I decided that this grille is due for replacement. If you want pictures of such, I can get. Got the left side fire out, finished grilling on the right.
Old April 23rd, 2022, 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by Koda
Getting setup for Appleseed shoot in AM.

Meanwhile, the left burner of my grille lit the well on fire and under it since it's rusted out while I was grilling chicken. Previous grease had gotten all over the pull out shelves, and about the time molten plastic blobs of burning shelf were dripping ***** of fire onto the ground, I decided that this grille is due for replacement. If you want pictures of such, I can get. Got the left side fire out, finished grilling on the right.
John - Have fun at the shoot, I hope you have nice weather! Yep, I'd say you're due for a new grill!
Old April 23rd, 2022, 03:30 AM

Good morning guys,

It was partly sunny and 82° here yesterday, it sure was nice to finally have some warmer weather. Supposed to be of carbon copy today. I got out yesterday afternoon for about a 2-hour motorcycle ride before dinner. No particular destination, just cruising around locally.

Our oldest Grandson Gabe has a soccer game this afternoon that we're going to which will be fun. Unusual, but no car events going on this weekend, but several next weekend. I think I'll probably end of putting my car in it's 1st show of the season then.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old April 23rd, 2022, 04:19 AM

I was looking thru a issue of "Old Cars" yesterday and saw that the Gilmore Museum is offering classes for training on how to drive a Model T for $125.00. I have always wanted to do that. So a buddy and I signed up for August 14 at 1:30. We will get to drive the car around a 3-4 mile path or road. Should be fun. Dan, I hope you can come that day and maybe do it too, though you will need to go on the Gilmore site and get a ticket soon, as they are selling out fast. All of May is sold out already. Chris, you may want to come and bring wife, It would be a trip for you, but you know the area, maybe stay with relatives?? Our wives are coming there is lots to do at the Hickory Corners, It's really cool....
-- finally started working on truck again, now I am working on hood, I am past the point of no return. Hope it all comes out good....

Old and new inner support.

Hood cut off at same time as new piece which was clamped to it so cut is the same- Right side.

Left side. Today I hope to tack these pieces together then can start putting back together
Old April 23rd, 2022, 06:30 AM
Always room for one more

Aloho

Beautiful morning out. Good day for a nice drive in the mountains. It's only 3 hours to get to them.

So it seemed a little stuffy in the house last night. I went to check the thermostat to see what the temperature was, it wasn't lit up. It runs on a AA battery and it had gone dead. I changed that battery a couple months ago. I didn't know it drew that much power just showing the temperature and not doing what is commanded. Man I gotta get that thing changed out. You might remember during the winter the battery went dead while the furnace was on and it never told the furnace to turn off.

Koda have a good time at the shootout.

Norm at least if I was talking to me I'd know all my tricks and angles.

Okay! Time for fried chicken.

Peace

Old April 23rd, 2022, 06:56 AM
Running On Empty

Mike - Regarding your thermostat. You should have a single bundle wire loom most often exiting from the inside of a wall entering the back of the thermostat from which the individual wires are connected to each pole inside the thermostat. What is important is "sealing" the hole in the wall where that single bundle wire loom exits the hole in the wall and enters the back of the thermostat. If not sealed, it will shorten the battery life expectancy & it will cause the circuit board in the thermostat to begin developing erratic behavior as the result of dust & humidity (from the inside of the wall). Ensure you close that hole with some silicone so it remains closed. Many HVAC guys fail to do this - it's important.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; April 23rd, 2022 at 02:45 PM. Reason: sp
Old April 23rd, 2022, 09:21 AM

Greg, I may have to go there and take a video. I'll be down there the week before, for the Red Barns Spectacular.
Old April 23rd, 2022, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
I was looking thru a issue of "Old Cars" yesterday and saw that the Gilmore Museum is offering classes for training on how to drive a Model T for $125.00. I have always wanted to do that. So a buddy and I signed up for August 14 at 1:30. We will get to drive the car around a 3-4 mile path or road. Should be fun.
You reminded me that I got to drive a similar vehicle back in high school. It was (I thnk) a Model T truck. I don't recall the year, but it was originally a crank start that was converted to electric start. On the steering column it had a throttle lever on one side and a spark advance lever on the other, and you had to adjust the spark advance along with the throttle. The foot pedal was the "gear shift" so to speak - push it down for low gear, let it up for high gear.

Have fun driving that antique!
Old April 23rd, 2022, 11:22 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
Dave, said...
That's what I've been doing...
Kenneth - Like getting blood from a turnip.

EDIT: I should actually mention, I love the guy to death; but.......
Old April 23rd, 2022, 11:42 AM

I hear ya. I troubleshoot circuits for a living and observing this has been trying.
Old April 23rd, 2022, 01:40 PM

Ya'll missed some good company and good grub
Old April 23rd, 2022, 02:38 PM
Running On Empty

Looks like some good fix'n's & ya'll enjoyed yourselves. Nice to see Mike removed his bib before the picture was taken.
Old April 23rd, 2022, 02:53 PM

Ya'll missed some good company and good grub
Good lookin' crew and good lookin' grub! Wished I had been there, I would like to get down there and see ya'll sooner than later, sounds like a good motorcycle trip! I have a very good friend in Huntsville, AL that I could visit with for a night on the way there and back. Jim, I've never seen a pic of you before, but I assume that's you in the foreground of the pic, I recognize Mike, but I don't think I know the other two folks, are they family or friends?

Edit - So sorry, I didn't ask about the lady to your right???

Last edited by Dream67Olds442; April 23rd, 2022 at 02:56 PM.
Old April 23rd, 2022, 05:41 PM
Always room for one more

Such a nice day. That's my Mom sitting to my left and she really had a nice time. I wish I could see these people more often than I do. Except Mom, I see her every day, now.

Tiger was none the worse for wear, being left alone most of the afternoon. Heck it was less time than when I'm at work. We stopped by my house and got Tiger's dinner and he ate while we moved a couple more boxes. Now Tiger and I are back home and I'm beat, which is weird because I didn't do anything today.

Remember that Valiant in Tennessee? I was supposed to go see it tomorrow. The guy sold it today. He said the first guy who called bought it. Really? The guy posted on the Plymouth forum weeks ago that he was going to sell it, and I sent him a private message and he never got back to me. I hate losing out on a Valiant.

Norm I will seal that hole in the wall as soon as I get a new Tstat. The one up there now I can't figure out. I think I'm setting the temp but it goes right back. It runs an arbitrary amount of time, won't shut off, won't turn on, and now a battery that lasts two months. Sheesh. I want simple. I'm not going to set it to run twenty five different times during the day.

I think that's it for me. I'm gonna hit the sack and get up for Awful house tomorrow, then do the shopping, then get ready for work on Monday. I'll be dreaming of fried chicken tonight.

Old April 23rd, 2022, 05:49 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - Yeah, unfortunately you may need a new thermostat buddy. Sounds like you had a very pleasant day I’ll bet your Mom was delighted to have been able to go. Way to go everyone.
Old April 23rd, 2022, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Such a nice day. That's my Mom sitting to my left and she really had a nice time. I wish I could see these people more often than I do. Except Mom, I see her every day, now.
Mike - Nice that your Mom could go along and that you both had a fun day. Sorry you lost out on the Valiant, that guy done you dirty!
Old April 23rd, 2022, 06:54 PM
Always room for one more

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Mike - Nice that your Mom could go along and that you both had a fun day. Sorry you lost out on the Valiant, that guy done you dirty!
Eh, I have 5 others.