The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:56 PM

Cool pics Clint

Mike, We jes have to meet up anutter time.

Scot, Holly Cow we ain't had nutt'in liike dat up ere.

Sandy, Glad cha feel'in better.

Pat, Ya know does signs in de golf cart dat say" Keep you hand and feet inside de cat at all time." Well dose is de ones I've been ignor'in fer close to 60 years. I allways drive round wit my left food hang'in out. Welp today, I get me left foot caught betwix a cart and a curb and I gots 4 black and blue toes an are limp'in round like Captain Ahab.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 02:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Monday to y'all

Spent the mawnin at the boneyard with de missus. They had a 71 Cutlass cruiser with AC that was needing to be picked over. Surprise surprise, most of de car was still dere! Got some good pickin done. Took most of 5 hours tho. Jus got home an had a nice cool relaxin shower!

Mike - Is Tango Uniform a new brand of puter?? No I know what you said. Hope you find a replacement that meets your needs. You gonna buy one of those SSD units? Hear they're faster than blazes.

Sandy - Yea!!! The cheering section is going nuts!!! Keep it up.

Jamesbo - hope you smack whitey bettr dan I do. Most of de time he likes to play hide n seek. I don't like him when he does dat.

Clint - Yowsa! Nice!

Ted - Got some stuff for ya. I'll send you an email.

Ken - Ken?? OH KEN??? where were you? Missed ya this morning man!

What can I say? Time to go see if drinking an ice cold beer will make the garden and flowers grow better...
Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Happy Monday to y'all

Spent the mawnin at the boneyard with de missus. They had a 71 Cutlass cruiser with AC that was needing to be picked over. Surprise surprise, most of de car was still dere! Got some good pickin done. Took most of 5 hours tho. Jus got home an had a nice cool relaxin shower!

Mike - Is Tango Uniform a new brand of puter?? No I know what you said. Hope you find a replacement that meets your needs. You gonna buy one of those SSD units? Hear they're faster than blazes.

Sandy - Yea!!! The cheering section is going nuts!!! Keep it up.

Jamesbo - hope you smack whitey bettr dan I do. Most of de time he likes to play hide n seek. I don't like him when he does dat.

Clint - Yowsa! Nice!

Ted - Got some stuff for ya. I'll send you an email.

Ken - Ken?? OH KEN??? where were you? Missed ya this morning man!

What can I say? Time to go see if drinking an ice cold beer will make the garden and flowers grow better...
Allan, I slept in. Then I painted the dog corral I built. Block off the stairs on the deck, dog takes stairs to the corral. Dog does his business in the morning, walks back on the deck, blockage to yard is opened and dog has the run of the yard. No more "dancing" around "stuff" while cutting the lawn.

It's back to work tomorrow. Finally I'll be able to relax., These vacations are killing me. Karen decided she want's to go to Cuba in January (she doesn't want to go to Mexico because of all the voilence.) Now that's a vacation, sun, sand and sea. I was in Cuba for business in 2000. Very friendly people the Cubans. Stuff is cheap too. Belise is another place to consider. Lots of time to think about that.

She is a warm one today and next weekend it looks like it will be in the 90's. Nothing like they are getting the east and the US, but hot enough. May have to visit one of the many lakes we have around here.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 06:21 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Evening Mawnin Friends

Jamesbo maybe we could pitch in to get cha one of these that is higher than the curb

Hopefully your foot is okay

Sandy I didn't get a chance to look at the peaches today. Hopefully I'll get a chance tomorrow morning. I'm glad to hear your not in pain anymore
Old July 2nd, 2012, 06:49 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

I had a great weekend. It was warm and sunny the whole time.

I spent yesterday at a car show along the St. Lawrence River. It was a nice setting, but no natural shade near where the cars were parked. One thing I like about this show is that it is located at a park at one of the locks along the river. We saw one boat go through during the show. It was a Canada Steamship Lines boat (trivia, any Canadians know a former owner of the line?). As we were leaving the show, another ship was going through, and I think this was one designed to cross the ocean.

Today I spent more time working on the Cutlass, then this evening went to a BBQ at a car guy's place. There were about a dozen cars parked along his pond.

Jamesbo, hope the toes go back to normal soon.

Allan, you got the wife to go to the boneyard?

Sandy, things are still going well.

Nice pics Clint.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:06 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all..

Ken - Ah, dats where you wuz....slackin again huh?? You should try goin on vacation permanent. See what kind of stress this is?? If you survive the next 15 years at work you might learn how we duz it. Karen wants to go to Cuba in Jan huh? I'm sure you'll miss her while she's gone.

Scot - Now THAT's a golf cart! Sign me up - better yet, Pick me up!

Paul - Yup. She actually wanted to go. In fact she even got her hands dirty and helped take stuff off the car! And she was incredibly helpful handing me stuff while I was under the dash. Only thing is you have to say: Those red handled thingy's that look like pliers.

She was struggling a bit when I said 1/4 inch socket. She couldn't find the right sized wrench! Still you just gotta love a partner who will go to that extreme just to help out. I think she got a little too much sun. We scored big on the parts though! Very rare to find a 71 Cutlass Cruiser in the boneyard here. I didn't have enough hands to carry all de loot. Not sure if I'll go back for round 2. The dash pad looked like it was in great condition. The back seat looked like it was only sat in twice.... The rest of the car was a total rust bucket.

Sposed to rain most of tomorrow. Good day to work on parts clean up.

Well it's nice out now. Can't say quiet though. All the small kids are out front screaming and playing in the cul de sac.

Have a beautimus evening all
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:31 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by car_designer
Good Evening Everyone.

I had a great weekend. It was warm and sunny the whole time.

I spent yesterday at a car show along the St. Lawrence River. It was a nice setting, but no natural shade near where the cars were parked. One thing I like about this show is that it is located at a park at one of the locks along the river. We saw one boat go through during the show. It was a Canada Steamship Lines boat (trivia, any Canadians know a former owner of the line?). As we were leaving the show, another ship was going through, and I think this was one designed to cross the ocean.

Today I spent more time working on the Cutlass, then this evening went to a BBQ at a car guy's place. There were about a dozen cars parked along his pond.

Jamesbo, hope the toes go back to normal soon.

Allan, you got the wife to go to the boneyard?

Sandy, things are still going well.

Nice pics Clint.

Paul Martin,among others
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:37 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

After trying all evening, my stupid puter will allow CO to appear. I struck out with a new machine. I was at two different Best Buys and got NO help whatsoever. I hate that place I should have known better than to go in.

So I'm going to hook up an old computer so I can see CO and all the other websites that don't load, and then use this one to save all my emails I need to. A little clumsy but it will work for now. Don't know what an SSD computer is.

The cruise in at Summit was sparse. The temps were down below 90 but I guess a lot of people just wanted to stay in. No Oldsmobiles tonight.

Jamesbo hope your foot is feeling better.

Nice find at the junkyard Allan. Cars like that are pretty much extinct around here, it's mostly later model stuff and imports in the junkyard.

Ken I want to make something under the back porch so my dogs can go out in the rain and not get wet and muddy.

Okay gonna hit the sack. Awful house in the morning and more errands. Might check out my favorite pizza tomorrow night.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:50 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike,
The newest thing is Solid State Drive. Eliminates a spinning drive entirely. Its all circuit board and apparently makes even a 750GB HD look like a lame duck. Super fast processing speed. The most I've seen is 128GB for now. By next year? They'll prolly be standard production and up to 512GB or higher. It's where the puter industry is going. Also makes the puter lighter, less noisy and cooler.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:00 AM

Mawn'in all

Still hot an dry down ere. Still hobel'in 'round like Captain Ahab.

I wish when I hurt myself, it had a good story. Think I'm gonna tell everyone who axes me. "I got thrown off my poly pony in the third chucker scoring the winn'in goal."

Mike, jes bring dat Qjet up ere. I can take it apart fer ya a throw it in the pile of ones I've taken apart and can't get back together.

Seriously, dare are sum folks who can do wonders wit dem. But I ain't one of dem. Donny [DonL442] can make one sing grand opera. I've never seen anyone who can tune a car like he can. It's like it's a zen tuning job. de last minor adjustment are all feel and sound. Frigg'in amaz'in.

Scot, Dat's jes what I need. Den I could go serious 4 wheel'in in search of de one I jes hooked into the gigabushes. Fer ya'll who don't enjoy the tortues of play'in golf. Ya can talk to a slice, but dare ain't no talk'in to a duck hook. It's jes GONE

Sandy, Glad you're on de mend. Don't over do it.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:02 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

"It's gonna be a bright, bright sun shiny day" And hot might I add.

The TW gets the results today from the tests, but unfortunately I will be at work, so I'll have to wait until this evening to know them myself

That SSD computer sounds interesting

Well I'll check back in later, yall have a great Tuesday
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:06 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Jamesbo here is the one I'd need, cause I'd be sure to put it in da water every time

Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:18 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All wherever you are!

Muggy and sunny here. Maybe a chance of rain today and storms tonight, highs in the 90's.

I feel even better today. I'm hoping it keeps up!!! I just ate some Shredded Wheat and took the bladder pill.

So If you want to see what kind of stent I have in, Google a 'double J' stent...... I was thinking this stent was a 1/2" long little piece of plastic tubing or something just stuck somewhere along the inside of the ureter. Here this sucker goes from inside my bladder all the way around and into the kidney! Crap! No wonder there's discomfort... it's gross to think that thing is inside me.

Dr. Banks office called yesterday and I asked her what I had. I said I had no take home info on the stent, I didn't know anything about it, so she told me what he put in. I had to change the ultrasound appointment for 6 weeks now instead of 3. I go see Dr. Banks next Friday, the 13th....... oh boy! Just keep praying that the tube stays open when he takes this thing out.

It's quiet in here. I imagine a lot of folks have today off. We get off tomorrow then back on Thursday. I can't go to Newton Falls to see fireworks cause I have to get up and come to work. I never get home from over there until after 1 am. I may go see some locally, I don't know. They're warning people not to be setting them off themselves on account of how dry it is here.

Speaking of that..... yesterday at noon when I took Tincanio down to get air in the tire, I smelled like leaves burning out here. When I got back, I noticed smoke and a little flame coming from one of the little 'island' thingys in the parking lot where there are trees and day lillies and such planted. And it's mulched. Well I came in and filled up my flower watering can with water and walked over to the island. I didn't see a cigarette butt, which is what I thought probably caught it on fire. I dumped the water on it and all around and came back in. Later on I noticed it smoldering again. I saw a lady from one of the other units come out and put water on it. Later it's smoldering again. Someone finally called the fire dept. cause it just wouldn't stay out. They dug the mulch out of there and threw it into the parking lot and doused it good with water. I guess the fire was caused by sopontaneous combustion!! I've seen 3 stories on the news this season about mulch just catching on fire. It burned 2 peoples houses and a motel. I never heard of that before this year, lol.

We water every night at home, so our mulch is wet. That's a scary thing, lol.

I took Tincanio over to Conrads Tire after work. The tire was leaking around a plug that had been put in when I had a flat before and they couldn't patch it they said as it was right at the edge of the wall. So I had them put the spare on. I know it's been plugged too. So this morning the friggin low tire sensor thing is on and the tire has 28 lbs. of air. Man I don't wanna be fooling around with putting air in tires! Conrad's gave me some prices on new tires, a Goodyear CS Fuelmax, $741 installed, A Goodyear CS Triple Tread around $200 ea, un installed, and a Mastercraft 60,000 mi w/ road hazard for for $685. I'm gonna call Defer and a few other tire places and get prices. It has those Yokahoma tires on it now, but they were mfg. in 2007 so they're already 5 years old, and they are dry rotting. I wanted to get tires before winter anyhow. I hate to spend that kind of money. Especially now. Oh well. How's the saying go? You make plans, and God laughs!

There was a beautiful 67 Cutlass in there with the hood up - don't know if they were changing oil or what they were doing to it. I took pics with my phone. Will have to transfer them over to my laptop and post. Lord it was purty.....

Well have a great day when you wake up!
Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:11 AM

Guten Morgen...

I`ve been extremely busy lately...
Also this time a speedy check in..
Only by now I`d like to wish all an great Independence Day tomorrow !!!
Enjoys the delightful holiday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE1eKxxkmEE

Udo

Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:17 AM

Morning all

cool and wet this morning still waiting for the sun.

Jamsbo, took my wife along with me once when I went golfing. Her not playing just watching me. At the end of the round. She gave me her opinion of golf the way I play it. In her words. Golf looks like an Easter egg hunt only difference is you hit the egg with a stick then go find it. Made some kind of weird sense to me.

The fire works are already going of in the middle of the night around here. I am sure there are going to be some lost dogs trying to find home by Thursday. Mine hides in the closet or under my desk.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 07:29 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone!

My dogs are going to the kennel this afternoon. The fireworks around here will start early tonight and continue through tomorrow. I have to work tomorrow so I don't want them to be here by themselves. It's worse than thunder. Hm, might even get some sleep without a nose in my eye every two hours.

Sandy the mulch is composting itself. When all that matter is lumped together, it generates heat. As you saw it gets hot enough to combust. I can't imagine that little of mulch doing that, and it's possible if a cigarette helped it along it was consumed by the time you saw it.

Speaking of four wheel drive golf carts, I need to get a four wheeler so I can cut down trees in my yard and then drag them around.

Scot I've got my fingers crossed that the TW gets some good news.

Getting my hair cut today then maybe my favorite pizza. Who knows. I've been trying to get up there for two months. Check you all later.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 10:11 AM

Here ya go Mike
Old July 3rd, 2012, 10:30 AM

Sandy, glad to see that they made a better effort to get your health figured out. The 4th was always heck on my husky of 15 years, and now the cat ain't too pleased either!
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:22 AM
Always room for one more

That's just about how it is, Jamesbo!
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Here ya go Mike

My dog was walking around and flinching every time a firecracker or rocket went off for the Canada Day celebration.

Mike, so far so good. Jake the wonderdog, is adjusting to the "corral". I can walk in my backyard again.

Allan, the only thing bad about retiring is...there are no days off.

Sandy, hope things get better for ya. Gotta be a few 4th of July car shows around where you can just sit and take it all in.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:40 AM

Pat,

A friend of mine de utter day said. 'I heard the second worst thing on the golf course I ever heard. I heard sum one scream F(%*^)!"

So I bit and axed, What was the worst thing ya ever heard?

He said, " A woman's voice."
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks, guys. Lunch tasted pretty good. I had a tuna salad sandwich and some chips. We had a nice storm rumble through before, during, and after lunch, and got some much needed rain finally! Perfect timing for all the fireworks. Wet things down some. Supposed to be around 94 and muggy tomorrow. My cat doesn't like the fireworks either and thunder freaks him out. He lays right in front of the kitchen door on the rug when it's storming. I'll probably pick up Lin tonight when I have to go meet with Nicole and the college lady, and bring her down to spend the night so she can eat with us tomorrow.
Ken.... I have a show planned on Saturday so I'm hoping it doesn't rain then. I think there was a 20% chance they showed last night. I'm about tired of having my show season interferred with!!!
Old July 3rd, 2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Thanks, guys. Lunch tasted pretty good. I had a tuna salad sandwich and some chips. We had a nice storm rumble through before, during, and after lunch, and got some much needed rain finally! Perfect timing for all the fireworks. Wet things down some. Supposed to be around 94 and muggy tomorrow. My cat doesn't like the fireworks either and thunder freaks him out. He lays right in front of the kitchen door on the rug when it's storming. I'll probably pick up Lin tonight when I have to go meet with Nicole and the college lady, and bring her down to spend the night so she can eat with us tomorrow.
Ken.... I have a show planned on Saturday so I'm hoping it doesn't rain then. I think there was a 20% chance they showed last night. I'm about tired of having my show season interferred with!!!
We just got a new benefits package at work with no increase. Apparently there is a little known clause in the provincial budget that the gov't must pay 80% and private insurance compaines pay 20%. I can even charge car show entry fees because car shows relax me and relaxing is good for my health. Or I can join a gym, or use the $900 I get per year to top up my RRSP (401K in the US I think) or whatever they feel promotes good health or financial stability. I don't know if I'll have the guts to submit car show entry fee. "Hi, how much is the registration to show my car? 10 bucks you say, here you go my good man...oh, can I get a receipt?"
Old July 3rd, 2012, 01:38 PM
Cutlass Lover

.....I can even charge car show entry fees because car shows relax me and relaxing is good for my health.

Man I wish we had something like that, lol! As many shows as I go to..... I'd do it Ken!
Old July 3rd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I guess this is humpday for Y'all down south... Tomorrow's a day off?

What a different day today is. Nice and cool. Forecast was for rain at noon but that didn't show up. Later the forecast is for wind warnings - gusts up to 50mph. What's with all this freakin wind????

I think I'm gonna go back to the boneyard soon and see if I can rescue some more parts from that 71 Cutlass Cruiser. Anyone need anything? The glove box door is good and (Hey Sandy) it has a perfect GREEN dashpad that I think I want. Anyone need cowl or fender trim?

Ken - glad Jake is liking the work you did for him. Bet it makes searchin for hidden treasure less of an adventure huh? Nice benefits BTW. I would take advantage of every single bit of it while it exists. Gov'ts have the habit of chopping every benefit you have if they can prove it's not being utilized. re: vacation days and retirement? My vacation usually runs from Mon - Fri. Sat/Sun are the stress days when EVERYONE decides to be a pest and be noisy....

Sandy - mulch does that just like Mike said. So does peat. There was a peat moss fire out west of us several decades ago. (site of an old forest that was being harvested because of the huge peat deposits) Fire started there and burned underground for several years, occasionally popping to the surface.

Jeez, thanks a lot. I googled it and there was a video showing 'real time' drainage of a kidney with a double j stent. I'm gonna lose my lunch; and I'm not even thinking of being hungry for a long time (supper is soup & sandwich today).

Udo - that's a great video! Here's one for you from us Canadians (We just celebrated Canada Day on July 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KftoL...yer_detailpage

Jamesbo - I thought the worst thing you could hear on de golf course was 'you're still away'. I heard a rumor dat Pinnacle is namin their new 'brushmaster' after you. Its not designed for distance - it's designed to cut through de brush. Parently it also emits loud nagging sounds for 10 minutes after bein struck to hep ya find it wen ya git close. Ya know what I mean? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARUcA...yer_detailpage

Mike - I don't know any animal that doesn't freak when thunder rolls. Specially when it sounds like it was on your front doorstep.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 03:44 PM
Always room for one more

Well I'm sad now, my puppies aren't home. Seems strange that they are in the hooskow and I'm not going anywhere. We've got a storm trying to come up so they're better off regardless. I've been in the back of the kennel and you can't hear a nuclear bomb go off, much less thunder.

So who knows Duramax diesels? I really need a real truck, and found this one waaay out in Tulsa. Has 236K, needs a shot of starting fluid every time to start. Don't know any history. I've read it could be a $5000 set of injectors or the fuel filter is warped and it's losing prime. Anyone have any ideas?

I think I'm going to get a pizza and bring it home. It isn't my favorite pizza but heck it's pizza!
Old July 3rd, 2012, 04:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - what year Duramax? Read that some of the early ones had EGR and glow plug issues. Prolly had recalls for it though.

Mmmmm, pizza.......how bout a nice juicy PIZZA BURGER. (No $hit, this is for real) Bottom layer - 1 pizza your choice, middle layer one whopper of burgie - prolly about 10 lbs of beef, top layer - another pizza of your choice flipped upside down......

Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:23 PM
"Car"mudgeon

R.I.P. Andy Griffith
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
R.I.P. Andy Griffith
REALLY? Dang and I was watching the Andy Griffith Show just the other night. I used my PVR to record it from WGN Chicago. RIP Sherriff Taylor. Give my regards to Barney Fife.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:51 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by 442much
REALLY?
Yep. He lived a full life though.

On a brighter note all of the tests came back A-OK on the TW Thanks for all of the concern.

I think it's cocktail thirty so everyone have a safe and Happy 4th of July

Attachment 175604
Old July 3rd, 2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Ken - glad Jake is liking the work you did for him. Bet it makes searchin for hidden treasure less of an adventure huh? Nice benefits BTW. I would take advantage of every single bit of it while it exists. Gov'ts have the habit of chopping every benefit you have if they can prove it's not being utilized. re: vacation days and retirement? My vacation usually runs from Mon - Fri. Sat/Sun are the stress days when EVERYONE decides to be a pest and be noisy....

Udo - that's a great video! Here's one for you from us Canadians (We just celebrated Canada Day on July 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KftoL...yer_detailpage
Allan, Ilike that video. here is the one I think most Americans saw. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bV_04...eature=related

Here is what Jake got...

Attachment 175600

Attachment 175601

Attachment 175602

Attachment 175603
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening Olds peoples....

Yup, just saw that on the evening news - Andy Griffith promoted to Head Sheriff at de Gates of Heaven. Just posted a thread in tribute few minutes ago.

Well, as promised the winds have picked up. Just about 15 minutes ago de cow arrived. Flat rock city! Still coming down now but a lot lighter. Apparently the west side of the city got a torrential downpour. Wouldn't be surprised to hear about some flooding in the next little while.

Ken - those episodes are priceless. I also PVR'd them. What a gas some of them were. Did you see the evening news about OLDS? They had a microburst or something. Environment Canada is sending a team there to see if it was a tornado. News footage showed cars with water up to the wheel wells in parking lots. Hope your permit for the 21st is for 'good' weather. Not putting no jinx on ya bud, so far you've been spot on.

Scot - glad the results are good. That means she's gonna be ok, right?

On a positive note, I'm seriously looking at buying another Oldsmobile. Anyone know anyone in the Nebraska area?
Old July 3rd, 2012, 06:14 PM
Just an Olds Guy

What a lucky dog...he has his own trampoline
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:42 PM
Always room for one more

Hey good evening everyone.

We got a quick shower here tonight, not a lot of rain but lots of thunder and lightning. Anyway it's cooled down to around 80, from about 95. Nice.

Geezus Allan that pizza burger looks phenominal! I'll take two!

The Chev is an 01 Silverado and I've been reading up on the LB7 engine, and they go through injectors like nothin'. A set done by the dealer can be upward of 5 grand. Pass. Besides that, the guy yesterday swore up and down that it's a long bed, and today he says, oh maybe it isn't.

Scot I'm so glad the TW will be okay. What a relief that has to be.

RIP Andy and also Sergio Pininfarina.

Sandy I'm glad you're on the mend, again, and I hope it continues without going backwards.

Nice looking yard you got there Ken. My yard is mostly dirt. It was not ready for two big dogs and it hasn't gotten any better in the three years they've been here.

Well everyone have a good 4th tomorrow and don't blow anything off your body, like fingers or hands or feet. My day will consist of sleeping all day so I can go to work tomorrow night. My neighbors invited me over for dinner so that will be the highpoint. Have a good night everyone.
Old July 3rd, 2012, 11:04 PM

Allan, at the beginning of the 2000's there was a tornado at Pine Lake (very close to Olds) the day before the show. We drove down and it was over cast. By the time the show got going it was sunny, clear and hot. Even our guest who flew in from Los Angeles enjoyed the day. For 18 years we've lucked out, let's hope it continues this year.

Thanks Mike, my yard is the second largest on the street. That's why I want the crap in one area. My back fence has three neighbours. It's 125' wide with 2 of 5 trees that are 7-8' in diameter and three trees 40-50' high. I had a tree fort in one when the kids were small. The two largest trees are almost at the trampoline, so the have to be trimmed this fall, or so says the wife.
Old July 4th, 2012, 04:03 AM

Mawn'in all

Scot, Sho am glad your TW is Ok. I hate wait'in fer test results to come back.

Welp, After I watered de dust in my yard an watered de maters, de bottom fell out late yesterday afternoon. De ole cow on de flat rock drill.

R.I.P Andy, ya gave us hours an hours of clean entertainment,

Allen, I'm gonna have to pass A-gain on de Pizza Burger. It looks like anutter one of your gastronomical disasters.

My bud brought me sum mo fresh corn [peaches and cream] an I'm gonna fix me up sum baby limas, fresh corn, sliced maters, squash caserol wit sum chicken fried steaks dis even'in.

Sandy, You stay on de mend and don't over do de car shows til ya gets to 100%.

Ken, Dat's a nice look'in yard. I wish mine were dat size, I'm might be able to keep it look'in decent.

Happy 4th Olds friends, Stay safe.
Old July 4th, 2012, 05:22 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's a tropical wet muggy yucky out here today. Supposed to have heat index around 105 starting at noon. How nice..... We had storms all last evening, bad ones in places with wind and hail. Lots of thunder and lightening. But we sure needed the rain!! The trees are breathing a sigh of relief!

I feel good today! Nicole and I went to East Park last night after the college tour and I had sketti and mushrooms - it was delicious! I wolfed it right down. We had a nice time at the college. Got a tour of the classrooms and labs. It's a nice place. Of course the first stop there was in the financial aide office, lol. We have to look up the financial crap on line. She was talking about government loans and pell grants and stuff. I tried to explain how thick and confusing our taxes are as they combine the business and our personal together. I told them it's not as easy as they think it is. On paper it looks like we're millionaires or something when in actuality we have no money!! I don't know. I asked them about paying cash and that would be about $3500 a quarter.

So Nicole is supposed to bring the info over with her today when she comes for a cookout later. She's gonna pick up Lin and bring her down. Lin had her grandkids last night so I couldn't bring her down. Oh I hope Nicole does this course. She was very excited about it. I liked the feeling I got there.

I keep thinking it's Saturday, lol. But back to work tomorrow.

Ken..... nice yard! I love our yard. It's just so big, that it's hard to keep up with as we get older and tired-er, lol.

Scot... great news about your wife! I hope her heart has straightened out and doesn't bother again. It's hard to say. How are the peaches???

Allan R..... So ya don't want one of those wonderful stents inside you, lol? Come on now.... it's sooooo nice, lol!

That was sad about Andy Griffith. I learned to whistle watching that show, lol. I remember whistling that theme song over and over, lol. He was a nice guy.

So what do you all think about Firestone Destination LE tires for on Tincanio? Defer deals in Firestone/Bridgestone and gave me a price of $673.38 for a set of 60,000 mile tires. I read about them and they had good reviews. I just can't afford $800 for a set of tires which is what the Goodyear ones Conrad priced me would be. I looked on Tire Rack - they do have cheaper ones, but by the time you add shipping and then getting them mounted balanced and put on that runs it up. I don't know. I don't have a spare and I really don't want to keep adding air...... Let me know what you think.

Have a great 4th all and be safe!
Old July 4th, 2012, 09:48 AM

Happy fourth all

Sunshine at last, blue skies, almost forgot what both looked like. Happy days are here again. Have a great day all
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM

Happy 4th of July to our American friends. Attachment 175592Attachment 175593
Old July 4th, 2012, 11:28 AM

Thanks to Ken & Udo for their 4th of July salutes!