The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 4th, 2012, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by car_designer

Tony, I wish I had been invited to your school's DUSTED
THE NEXT DUSTED IS IN SEPTEMBER!!!!!!

Get that cutlass fired up and lets go cruise some ladies. If i could get the last ones in my sentra, imagine what the cutlass could do

In other news, FINALLY FINISHED MY TIMING CHAIN TONIGHT!!!!!!

Turned the key... two pumps, BOOM, she roared to life.
Old June 5th, 2012, 05:55 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Where are ya????? It's cloudy and cool this morning - temps in the 50's. Chance of rain later.

I haven't heard from Bob yet about my rims..... I hope they are on Teepo!! Reckon I'll send him an email.

Well Larry left this morning for Iowa. I got at least 5 days to myself!! Been a long time.... I hope his truck runs well with no problems.

I'm going to go to Ravenna tonight and take Lin shopping. Going to be a late night.

Clay is back today so it's noisy in here, lol. I like it. It's another quiet morning though. Sure wish it would pick up some.

Well you all have a good day, when ya wake up!
Old June 5th, 2012, 06:01 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin Olds Enthusists

Beautiful morning here with milder temps and a chance of the cow finding a flat rock this evening.

Congrats Tony on finally finishing your timing chain, might better tackle the one on the Nissan next, cause if it goes you can use that engine for a boat anchor

Oops sorry Jamesbo more useful info on da mawnin tread

Where's everyone at this morning?
Old June 5th, 2012, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Good Mawnin Olds Enthusists

Beautiful morning here with milder temps and a chance of the cow finding a flat rock this evening.

Congrats Tony on finally finishing your timing chain, might better tackle the one on the Nissan next, cause if it goes you can use that engine for a boat anchor

Oops sorry Jamesbo more useful info on da mawnin tread

Where's everyone at this morning?
Thanks! It was a heck of a job, I just changed the oil before i did the timing chain, but now there's probably a bunch of crud in the bottom, What do you guys suggest? Should i just keep the same filter and change the actual oil?

Hmmmmmm, Nissan Timing Chain... The car currently has 70K Miles, and i have been running full synthetic Mobil 1 for the life of the car so far... Is it time to change it?
Old June 5th, 2012, 06:15 AM

Wait, am i not supposed to talk about car stuff in thread?

you guys usually talk about what you're doing and the weather and stuff.

Unfortunately, all i do is Work, then car.
Old June 5th, 2012, 06:18 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp, De sun comes out an den it's de ole cow on de flat rock routine. Can't make up it's mind what it's gonna do.

Bean busy yack'in wit my baker bud. I'm still try'in to make my biscuits mo layered.

Sandy, Dat's almost de same thing dat happened to me. After all the rig-a-ma-roll Noth'in ....absolutely nutt'in.

Tony, Glad cha got her go'in again.

Ken, Did you know de number 2 export form de U.S. to Mexico is $$$$$$$$$$$ com'ing from werk'in ere and sending it home to dare families.

Never been to Denmark. Really never thunk 'bout it til dis thread. I think I'll pass an let you guys go and freeze your can's off.

Allan, I done figgered it out. You's from southern Canada.Dat's why ya talk like ya do. Wait a minute, Everybody's from Southern

Have a great day Olds Friends
Old June 5th, 2012, 06:22 AM
GM Enthusiast

Morning everyone. Supposed to be in the upper 60's here with a chance of rain. So far it's nice outside, going to try to do some car project stuff today.

I bought an 85 Riviera convertible in pretty rough shape mechanically, and have been working on it for the past 2 months. (I know it's not an Olds but it does have a 307 in it) I'll have to post some pictures.

Sandy, haven't been on this thread in a while, what's new with Teepo and rims? Are you changing them?
Old June 5th, 2012, 06:25 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Tony72Cutlass'S'
Should i just keep the same filter and change the actual oil?
Change both oil and filter, cheap insurance.

Is it time to change it?
No not yet I was thinking that thing had 150k - 200k on it by now

Wait, am i not supposed to talk about car stuff in thread?

you guys usually talk about what you're doing and the weather and stuff.

Unfortunately, all i do is Work, then car.
No it's okay just an inside joke Jamesbo started
Old June 5th, 2012, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Yahoo!! I got company. See Sandy? Us guys know a good thing when we 'touch' it. Good to know I'm not just an old perv

Sandy, I know Allan. He's not a perv. I know this because I go to the meetings and he's never there.

Well it's raining here. Sidewalk in front of the house is gone. I would need a 69 Charger with a Confederate flag on the roof to get in my driveway now. They are predicting a drier and hotter summer except for Ontario and BC. Those two provinces should be about normal.

Car shows here have now taken over on Sundays too I'm noticing. There was a car show on Saturday May 26 and one also on Sunday the 27. One on June 2 and yes, on the third. Coming up? June 9 and 10, 16 and 17 and 23-24. So now you can go to two car shows in a weekend and cruise nights Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat (just added Sun). Monday we have off . It's getting crazy. When am I supposed to things around the house? I skipped the show last Sunday. Time to pray, if I don't complete my list. Have a good day all.
Old June 5th, 2012, 07:20 AM
CQR

Originally Posted by 442much
Sandy, I know Allan. He's not a perv. I know this because I go to the meetings and he's never there.
That caught me off guard.

Mornin all. busy day. hot yesterday, gunna be the same today. sure wish I could do w/o employees. oh, well.
Old June 5th, 2012, 08:51 AM

morning all

Haven't been around for quite awhile. Work has been nuts now it has slowed down a bit. I see everyone is doing fine. Read several back posts trying to catch up.

Talk to you all later

Pat
Old June 5th, 2012, 09:27 AM

Glad you're still verticle Pat, We wuz worried 'bout cha.
Old June 5th, 2012, 09:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

Welcome back Citcapp!! Glad to know you're still amongst us, lol!

Hey Darrell! Nice to hear from you! Yep.... Teepo is at the body shop - I took her there on Saturday - Bob is supposed to be puttin her on the lift and taking off the old rims and tires and having the tires and all the wheel hardware put on the new rims. He wanted to do it at his shop so in case the rims get nicked or something he can touch them up. I'm soooooo excited! I've been like waiting for years for new painted rims, lol!

Jamesbo..... I still don't know what I'm gonna do. It's like if I don't have it done, and something shows up later, I'll be kicking my butt, since I've already been through all the testing and crap, and am spending the money. On the other hand I hate to go through a useless painful procedure that could possibly open up problems in the future when there aren't any problems now!

Ken.... I just don't know about AllanR, lol!
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Afternoon Olds Peeps,
Well, like Ken said we got de cow on de flat rock since about 3:00 this mawnin. Eased off to nuthin about 10, but it's still windy as heck. Temps in the high 50's so not all that nice out. Supposed to be the same tamalla.

Ken - which Perv meetings do you go to? I'm in the advanced chapter that meets in the Church with the priests....You must be down at the one that meets in the School with all the teachers...

Sandy - ummmm - nevah mine. Ahl jus set in de corner and bee quiet (ha)

Clint - Ken sneaks in some good ones sometimes don't he?

Jamesbo - Sowvern Kanada??? No way hoser. I am like way up in the frozen waste of the like Great White North. You gonna eat that back bacon??? Koo loooo koo koo koo koo koo That's like Canadian for {pass the beer hosehead}. I got da coleman stoves goin if ya wants to come up fer eats. Bot sum dang hot pepperonfireoni yestaday. Holy crap (mo like on fire crap) it was 'picey'. Had ta drink sum milk and munch sum tums ta make da fire go way.

Pat - we thought you were pushing asphalt with the pusher....

Tony - congrats on gittin 'r done. Nice to have a car that runs properly isn't it? Only 70K on the Nissan? That miles or KM? Our 96 Saturn has 142K Km which would be around 88K Miles. Gotta check out your build thread. Wanna see the pics.

Hmmm, yesterday I shampooed the carpet in the Sonata. Smells like the waiting area at a 2 bit **** howse now. ( I think, I 'm not sure. Maybe someone who's actually bin der can tell fer shure). I think I'm gonna buy some new rubber mats for it. Anyone ever try weather tech mats? http://www.carid.com/2007-hyundai-so...er-214967.html A little pricey but the beige ones match my interior.
Old June 5th, 2012, 03:37 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone

Got back from Pensacola just a little bit ago. Nice trip. Helped my Mom get settled a little more in her new place, saw some family, drove home in a lot of rain.

I see we jumped ahead two pages over the weekend. Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do.

Hope everyone is good and I'll be back a little later.
Old June 5th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Wowsers,
Can't believe how quiet it is on here today.

The site was really slow (on my end) today so I wasn't on much.

Ken - you build the ramp and I'll go steal the 'general'. Ya think we could fit through the window openings??

Mike - glad you had a nice trip and got to visit with family. That's something that we need more of in life.

Sandy - You prolly need a nice hot cuppa cocoa and a cat to curl up with now that Larry's off galavantin...Maybe invite Nicole over for a visit. How's things working out with her BTW?

Tony - Ah say der son, whut happened to de pics uv de engine build?? Ah looked but was discapointed ta see no pitures. An ya knows how much ah is a vizyouall kind of guy whut relies on yer pitures. BTW looks ta me like ifn ya could hoist both of dem babes with one arm each youse picked some powerful lightwaits or youse is powerful manly strong...

Jamesbo - der. Zat better? BTW whuts gassy an hurts a hole lot? Ifn y'all said picey pepperonionfire farts you'd be bout right. Cudn't sleep good las nite wit all dat gas whut builded up...helluva time ta run out uv Tums...
Old June 5th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Well, I guess I'll write this to me....
De cow on de flat rock showed up agin. Musta been drinkin big time down at de river...

Quiet night. I'm tired already. Think I'll hit the sack early tonight.

Pleasant dreams to y'all.
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:33 AM
CQR

Morning all. Looks like I'm done car shopping. I guess the kid is a lesbian. She's buying a Subaru . She went and met with the recuiter and took the entrance pre-test. scored above average. She has a lot of thinking to do. She's actually thing about active duty instead of reserves. I'm not totally against it, but not jumping for joy either. She has a few months to think it over.

Allan, The site does weird things to me every once in a while too.

Mike glad you had a good trip. We could use a nice heavy rain (prolly wont get it) The lawn sure could use it.

Sandy. Since the tests are done, at least you have the information. It wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion before having the procedure done.

Glad to hear from you Pat. You still motorhoming? Or are you back home?

Have a great humpday.
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:35 AM

Mawn'in all

A pretty one today, Gotta get up sum hay.

Sandy, Ya kinda damn if ya do.........damn if ya don't. IMHO des doctors continually ax fer mo and mo test cause de is 'fraid of liability if de don't. Round ere we call dem "Dr. Gods"

Mike, Pennsacoler is my all time favorite city to go to to eat.

Joe Patti's has de freshest shrimp I ever ate, Oyster bar has Bon Secour oysters, Fish house has wondefrul Grits a ya ya, and de Coffee cup makes da wondeful Nassau Grits fer breakfast. Dag nabbit ya mak'in me hungry jes typ'in 'bout dis stuff.

Next time ya go, I'll make cha a list of GREAT Places to chow down.

Allan, My dear depart mother used to say, "If you won't listen.......you can feel." while my dear departed grand mother used to say, " Ya reep what cha swo." So, Not to be inscentsitive to you indigestion, BUT Why in de wide wide world of sports do you eat dat crap?
Old June 6th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Where are youuuuuuuu?????

It's sunny and chilly here this morning. Temps right around 50. Gonna be up around 70 and start warming up. Looks like a beautiful weekend ahead for the shows I have planned!! Ran some rain in Ravenna - took a pic with my phone of this big ole dark low cloud that I pretty much followed. It looked ominus, lol. I'll have to see if I can post it. There was a beautiful rainbow in Ravenna later last evening. We got no rain at all at the house.

Went from work to Ravenna last night to take Lin shoppin. Got home at 10:30. I wanted to sit down and relax awhile, so I didn't get to bed until midnight. Tired today.

Larry called yesterday about 4:30 - made it to Cedar Rapids Iowa with no problems. Said he saw his mom and she is ok. They told him she is doing a little better. He was irritated with brother Phil already, lol. It doesn't take him long to get irritated. He's always telling his brothers how they should live..... if the house isn't as clean as ours, or dishes aren't done, he makes those snorkey comments he's famous for, lol.

I slept good, all alone in that king size bed! No one to wake me up when they get up to go potty in the middle of the night, and shakes the whole bed, which wakes me up, lol! It was nice......

Steve just got here. He had a dentist appt. this morning. It was a long boring day yesterday. Lots of quoting but not a lot of orders.

Welcome back Mike! Glad you had a safe trip.

Haven't heard from Bob yet about the rims........

Well you all have a good day when ya get up, lol!!
Old June 6th, 2012, 07:01 AM

Good morning all. Because of the rain, the sidewalk is on hold, so everybody is parking on the street...where ever they can...and they haven't even torn up the street yet. That should be interesting. So my 442's at a friends place and he works nights (long distance trucker). He said to call him on Saturday morning if I want the car. He gets in about 6 am. Maybe I'll just promote our show....decisions, decisions. Have a good day eveyone.

Originally Posted by Allan R
Had ta drink sum milk and munch sum tums ta make da fire go way.
Tums...Allan that the sign of getting old! Most guys who used to carry condoms around when they were younger now carry Tums. I guess they figure at their age they're more likely to get heartburn than get laid.
Old June 6th, 2012, 07:17 AM

Anyone ever try weather tech mats?
Got a set in my car, fitted for my application, they go up the sides, so snow, mud, and all that other junk doesn't get on the carpet. They're nice.
Old June 6th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good mawnin Peoples.
Had a great sleep and still woke up tired. Must be getting old. Tomorrow I will be the same age as my birth year.

Early this mawnin de cow sent de racehorse to do it's job. Came down pretty good for about an hour. Sposed to be a high of 68 today, but it's mostly overcast. Went out and dug up about 5 pounds of shrooms this mawning. I think I got to dig the dirt out with de shrooms to get to the root of this problem. If I leave them to decay, they turn to inky mush which is just ugly to clean up. Apparently these are edible, but I don't think I'm gonna go there.

Jamesbo - my respects to yer dear departed kin. I doesn no wha ah does it, ah jus does it. I tink dat at de time ah jus enjoys it so much. Ah knows whut de after efects r but ah caint hep maself. Ah tink its a sikness...

Ken - You'll prolly be without sidewalk and street for about 3 weeks. Nothing done by the county will get done lickity split. Hey, I didn't say I carry Tums or couldn't get laid, just needed some extra help with de gas. BTW, did you hear on de news yesterday that some stations had hiked the gas to 1.23/litre? Big jump from paying 1.06 just a couple weeks ago. For you peeps in the US, that's the same as going from 4.00/US gal to 4.65/US gal. We do not have tourist friendly or local consumer friendly gas prices. And that's just for regular. 89/91/94 are WAAAYYY more $$$. So if you're coming up for a visit, mortgage your house to pay for gas along the way.

Darrell - thx for the feedback on the mats. They just started selling them locally at Partsource for around 119.00 Sounds pricey until you look on line and the shipping charges are around 60.00 I think I'll pick up a set. The whole thing about the custom design and side wraps are what really made me take notice

Sandy - we's hiding prolly the same place you were yesterday...

Clint - she buys a Subaru and ??? Naw, she's no lesbo. Subaru isn't all that bad until you need service. Dats why she has you!! Active service instead of reserves huh? I get why you are some nervous. Even though Afghanistan is over, there's bound to be something else that pops up somewhere and the armed forces of all our countries will be deployed again. So sad it keeps on happening after the 'Great war to end all wars". Be proud of her and support her is all I can suggest.
Old June 6th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

Ken.... you make me laugh! From carrying condoms to carrying Tums, lol!!! Getting old sure does suck, doesn't it? At least we can still laugh.....

So I sent an email to Bob and am told the tires and rims are at NTB - he should be picking them up later today and hopefully he'll get all the hardware put on and I can get her back tomorrow! The seperation anxiety is killing me...... guess I'll miss Chick Fil A tonight.

It got beautiful outside this afternoon. Sunny and 73 degrees! I laid in my lounge chair in the sun and dozed awhile, lol. Didn't wanna come back in here.

Clint.... I'm sure your daughter will make the right choice for herself. I really wish I'd have sent Nicole to military school instead of just threatening her with it, lol. She'd darned sure have some self discipline now!!
Old June 6th, 2012, 11:00 AM

Allan,

I hates to tell ya dis BUT mushrooms reseed demselves by airborne spores. Digg'in dem up and send'in a few billion spores into de air ain't a gonna do a whole lota good.

In dis instance "ya reep what cha sow," means you're gonna have anutter bumper crop of mushrooms.

If der edible, put an add of Criagslist and hope sumone will come pay ya fer dem.
Old June 6th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yup Jamesbo, I knows dat. Whichiswy I try to gets em fresh before dey open up. I thought bout cloroxin dem, but I'se shure dat means I'll onlee get whiter shrooms. Didit really werk for ya? Not tokkin fairy ring ***** here, Dey are dese kind an you can uzyoually git em befor dey open dere spores. I'se not happy ta hear da werd 'billions' in yer post Makes more werk fer me....
Old June 6th, 2012, 11:44 AM

Ya might get lucky [Wit de mushrooms dat is]

I use Clorox fer alot of things. Casa de pot [Home depot] has a super duper "outdoor" Clorox dat will kill moss and most any kinda stuff on stone werk. I don't beleive, I use de full strengths stuff, I'd be afeared of killing de grass. But Mushrooms are a fugus [or is it fungi] so I'd give it a whirl.

Worst case scenerio, You'd have whiter mushrooms so you could go out at night a dig dem up when ya couldn't sleep after eat'in Chili Relleno ice cream.
Old June 6th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Chili Relleno ice cream? Day makes dat?? Gotta git me sum.

I didsum on line checkin an it peers dese sukkers likes ded rottin wood. So I'se tinkin I shud redo dat flower garden planter. It's maid uv wood and most uv it's rottin.

My Mrs. will be pissed ifn I spend a buncha $$$ fixin it. Was hopin to do it wit bloks, but dey is way spensive now.

Momma tinks I likes shroom pickin but she's wrong. Fact is most wimmen is rong, but just dont no it till dey are told by der mor smart signifycant uthers. Sandy can glare at me all she wants....Ise not hitchta her....
Old June 6th, 2012, 11:59 AM

Allan, Ya I know whatcha mean. De term I use fer it is "Ovarian Logic" I would STRONGLY reccomend ya not use my term 'round de misses when she's near sharp objects. I'd hate fer ya to be sing'in soprano in de mawn'in.
Old June 6th, 2012, 02:32 PM

Good morning to everyone,

Finally got my cooling system hooked up.

here's a video to prove it!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=koEqwZPD0rw
Old June 6th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Afternoon Olds Peoples,

I'd like to say 'Good Afternoon' but it's been rather un nice today. De theme has been downright blustery and overcast. Got a phone call from my bestest buddy to wish me a happy anniversary. I didn't get it, cause my anniversary is in Sept. Den he says, "You know, de first annyversery of you bein tired, I meens re-tired". Well dat was niceuv him, but it's not till tomorrow. If it's nice I might go out and whack whitey with him.

Clint - Didn't get the car in for wheel balance cause things went to hell so far this week. I called a few more places for wheel balancing. It ranges from 19.95 to 30.00 per wheel. So I called Hyundai and asked them. 19.95/wheel or 114.95 for all 4. Now I may not be the best at math but.... So I asked why. The lady said, "Well when they do all 4, they have to do more to each wheel". Here's your sign lady. So I asked to speak to an advisor. He said 20 is the standard for each of the wheels, but they also check pressures and rotate tires, do a brake check yada yada. But I only want the wheels balanced. Ya, that would be 20/wheel unless you want us to take off the tire and remount it. ????? Is the world getting an influx of stupid people?? Bottom line? I'd have to wait 2 weeks for Hyundai to do it. But Fountain tire will do it while I wait for 20/wheel. So if it's nice tomorrow morn, that's where I'm headed.

Tony - I like it. Also you need to remember dat it is in de afternoon, not mawnin. Well unless you lives in Nfld. Den it don't matter what time it is.... Car sounds really healthy

Jamesbo - But dat woman always gots sometin sharp. Either in her hand or in her mouf. Ya knows whut ah meen? Oh ya, I doesn't sing in da mawnin, ah croaks till ah has mah mawnin kofey.
Old June 6th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

Just taking a minute to have something to eat, then it's back out to work on the car.

Up until today the V8 Corvair has remained on the trailer I brought it home on. It's new home is the spot where my 78 Corvette has been residing. The Corvette needs to go to the paint shop, but something always seems to dash my hopes of getting it there. Well, I took tonight off so I could mess with it all day and not be in a rush for work. Got the Corvair off the trailer and into the carport, but when the Corvette was half-way turned around to get up on the trailer, it quit and will not start. Runs on starting fluid, for a second, don't want to do that too many times. It has gas, the fuel filter looked nasty so I took it out, I'm thinking fuel pump. Maybe if I get it going tonight I can still take it to the shop tomorrow. Man I'd sell this thing cheep if anyone wanted it.

Tony glad you're getting your car squared away. Gotta get it ready for the girlies that need a ride.

Clint, whoop dee doo for your Subaru.

Sandy, hope the wheels get back on Teepo soon. I hope you went to Chick Fil A tonight anyway.

Allan, I learned after eating two dozen White Castles that you drink milk with anything you are going to be wary about later.

Jamesbo I might have forgot to remind you that Udo is going to be in ATL on June 23. Scot are you going to come up as well?

Hope everyone has a good evening. I might be back later if I need to vent.
Old June 6th, 2012, 11:19 PM

ALLAN! Happy Birthday man! "Happy birth-day to youuuuu......happy birth-day to youuuu....ROCK & ROLL........" Attachment 176071

Attachment 176072
Old June 7th, 2012, 02:09 AM

Good morning all...

At first.. Happy Birthday Allan... Enjoy your day and many happy returns..!

Now I`am on a four weeks leave....
Next monday I start my Trip over the Atlantic.
I am glad to visit sin city again..

@ Mike and Jamesbo, I stay 10hours in ATL on JUNE 24th !!!!!!
Sunday morning I arrive at 6:20am.
Mike, I sent you another PM..

Nice Day for all...

Udo
Old June 7th, 2012, 02:48 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp, It's 0 dark 30 an I can't sleep. Don't have a clue wat de weather is 'bout dis mawn'in,

Stepson, wit his squueze, the beagle from Hell and de new blue tick puppy from hell came over fer a few days. Mosby [de grey ghost] is as PO'd as a gut shot grizzly.

The hounds bay'in and de cats hiss'in is driv'in me to drink. [Yes, It's a short trip] Red Dog [my golden] jes sit 'round wit dis look like WTF is go'in on 'round ere.

Rather dan tak'in a chance on wak'in up de beagle from hell, I may drive down to de corner an get a cup of coffee from Patel.

Only good news is step son sent anutter ground hog to de pearly gates late yesterday afternoon.

Mike, I may go to de airport, buy a ticket and sleep in a chair.

So Udo is pass'in thru on de 23rd? Welp, I'd luv to meet wit cha'll and break bread, but in my line of week, I never know from one day to de next whose gonna need me. I'll put it on my calander and we'll see what's up closer to de date.

Speak'in of which. Last month was slow as molasses in de funeral business. I've got a renuion in de mountains planned dis weekend fer a bunch of guys I went to summer camp wit back when de ark was dry'in out.

Spose to be cook'in fer 30-40 people. Wouldn't cha know it, Yesterday, I got 3 at need calls. Guess some days ya gotta be better dan a 2 plate juggler.

Scot PM'd me.He's had a loss in his family an is gonna be outa pocket til Friday/Saturday. Please keep his family in your prayers.

Finally got de hay up and started bushhog'in 'round de edges of de woods where ya can't cut hay.De place is begin'in to look pretty good if I do say so myself. We mow de cemetery regular but de balance of de field looks a whole lot better when we cut hay and carry off de dead grass/stems. Don't have no clumbs of cut grass lay'in 'round.

Sandy, I hope to heck Bob sent good instructions to de gorilla wit de impact wrench at NTB [I'm guess'in dats a tire place]

Moons gone down an de sun ain't up yet. If I can see well enough I may stuble down to get sum coffee from Patel.

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old June 7th, 2012, 04:47 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone!

Happy Birthday Allan!! Hope your day is a success. Go out and whoop it up!

Udo I thought you were over here already. Safe trip to you on Monday. I'm trying to think of a good place to meet; the Atlanta airport isn't very layover friendly. Are you guys gonna try to sack out for a little while when you arrive?

Jamesbo you sure know a lot of your childhood buddies still. Didn't any of you ever move away? They probably stick around for your cooking.

Sandy how was Chick Fil A? You should get a Tshirt with Teepo on it. What am I saying, you probably have a dozen of them. Hope the wheels are done today. How long is Larry in Cedar Rapids? I'm originally from about an hour east, Moline, IL.

Didn't get the Corvette to the paint shop. As I was trying to get it up onto the trailer the fuel pump decided it was a good time to quit, so today I'm putting a new one on and I'll get the car to the shop next week. Hm, maybe I'll take it to Summit on Monday.

Scot if there's anything I can do for you give me a quick shout here.

Hope everyone has a good day, I think I'll go back to bed for a little while and mess with the car this afternoon.
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:10 AM
CQR

Morning all.
Mike Thanks. She picks it up tomorrow. Its a cute little 2003 Impreza RS 2.5 that she is buying from the original owner. It should give her years of service as long as she doesn't wad it up.

The weather. Yup we got lots of it. The Tornado sirens went off at 11:53 last night as someone noticed rotation in the clouds about 10 blocks east of the house. lots of rain, hail, and lightning in the area last night. No damage from any of the reported tornado's . The issue down the street never turned into a tornado. ( I knew it wouldn't, There is no trailers parks in the area, just a big boneyard.) I would guess we got maybe 2 inches last night which figgurs, since I got home and started dragging hoses and sprinklers all over the back 40. So since that is usually all the precip we get in an average month, I guess its gonna get dryer than a popcorn fart for the rest of June. The turkeys didn't seem to give much notice, they stayed on their perch all night. The donkeys got a little bath which they kinda needed.

Allan, The guy might be taking about spinning the tire on the rim to reduce the amount of weight and runout. Sumtimes an out of balance wheel and an out of balance tire line up badly, then you can spin the tire on the wheel 180 degrees and cancel some of the imbalance out. I thought I was high on my balancing, I just raised my price from $12 to $15 a tire.
Maybe you should ask for a birthday discount?

Sandy, help me a little. I've been looking at pics of Teepo and she has green wheels on her. But You're waiting to get your wheels back from the painter so she'll have green wheels?

Udo, Safe travels.

Tony, Congrats on the cooling system accomplishment!

Jamesbo, Send some of the hay out this way. Looks like the hay situation is gonna be worse than last year. The missus is already starting to call Washington, Wyoming, Montana, and Utah to try to find enough for this year.

Have a great Thursday all.
Old June 7th, 2012, 05:11 AM

@Mike, Oh we have 10hours in ATL but,
I think it`s not so prickly to stay all the time at the Airport..
We want go out and meet some Olds Friends....

Udo
Old June 7th, 2012, 06:13 AM

Udo,

I hate to break it to ya but Mike couldn't find Atlanta is he had to. He's travels de world but when he's home he know where 2 things are. The Airpost and the Waffle house.

I'll try to catch up with both ya'll
Old June 7th, 2012, 06:41 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

What a busy place this is already this morning!! Its beautiful out - sunny and in the high 50's.

Happy Birthday Allan R!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Got an email from Bob yesterday evening. I can pick up Teepo later this afternoon!! Now I just have to get a ride. I can take Tincanio over there, but Bob would have to follow me home and then take me back to get Tincanio. I don't know. Clay said he could run me over there, but then I still need a ride to get back here to work to get Tincanio. I'm gonna call Bob later. I'll be too late for Bellacino's tonight.

Didn't go to Chick Fil A last night. Went home and planned on working out first, but got involved watering flower beds in the front yard, and before I knew it, it was after 7:00! Went around to the back yard and watered my little garden and all the potted plants on the deck. Didn't water the hostas and lillies back there.

Now this is gross and disgusting...... I saw a dead bird floating in the water garden the other day, meant to get it out, and forgot about it. So when I was walking back by there last night I saw it again. So I got a stick and tried to get it out. I pulled it out from under the water lillies, and here the poor thing is stuck halfway down inside a big a$$ed frog! The frog is dead too, lol. I had no idea that a frog would eat a bird? I guess the frog couldn't swallow the bird and it got stuck in it's throat and he drowned. It was soooooo friggin gross. I threw the smelly mess over in the yard. Yuck!! Never in my life have I seen anything like that, lol.

Jamesbo.... I sure am sorry to hear Scot had a death in the family. If you talk to him, tell him I'll be thinking about him. I sure hope you can meet up with Udo and Mike! That will be cool! I can't wait to meet you all.

Mike..... I have a T-shirt with Teepo's pic on it I got a couple years ago at a show, lol. I don't wear it too often.

Clint.... Glad you didn't get any tornados! The rims on Teepo now are green, yes, but have rusty pits starting to show and the paint is chipped around the edges and such. Showing their age I guess. So I traded one of my Olds flags from her dealership to a guy for a set of rims he had but wasn't using. They were black. So I had to get them sandblasted and painted green to match her. It was easier to get those done, than trying to get her rims taken off and taken somewhere to have re-done. I could keep driving her this way too. So I guess I'll have a spare set of rims if I ever need them, lol.

Talked to Larry last night. He's gonna head home tomorrow morning. I knew he wouldn't stay out there through the weekend, lol. His brothers' way of life gets on his nerves!! He's staying at a hotel cause brother Phil has inside dogs and cats, and there is hair on everything and Larry doesn't like that, lol. He doesn't want to sleep in a bed covered in dog hair. I wouldn't either, lol. We stayed at a motel last time we were out there.

Nicole and Charlie are heading to Sandusky today to go to some kind of Anime convention - play dress up in costumes - then are going to Cedar Point, I guess. She says when he's not flippin out about anything, they get along great, as friends. I don't know. I'm trying to talk her into taking a Vet assistant college class for 10 months in Kent. Cost $13,000. I would help, but I told her SHE has to take the incentive and contact them and such. I'm not doing it. We'll see. She swears shes applying for all sorts of jobs online. I told her she needs to get out and follow up in person.....

Well you all have a great day!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; June 7th, 2012 at 06:43 AM.