The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 5th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Captain Starfire

Oops!

Can this be a "Good Afternoon" post?
Crappy weather in LA, as well, but had a brief view of the sun a couple hours ago... but generally warm and muggy.
Just about over the butter hangover now... it's time to start thinking of the "Christmas" meal we're going to have on Sunday (12/11) for all my relatives... bought the turkey yesterday...18 pounder, into which we cram a ton of sage stuffing.... MMMM-MMMM!!!! (w/ all the trimmings, of course -- my brother brings the "ershta" dressing).
Hope everybody eventually gets her gas lines installed... sounds like quite an ordeal. And speaking of ordeals, my Bend Pak 4-post lift installation in my garage is turning into a career.... it's taking me quite a while, working by myself w/ a cherry-picker; but I did make some decent progress yesterday. I had to quit at 7:30, tho', to watch the 'Boys in Black' kick Lion butt... and of course, I had to watch LSU on Saturday. It's great to be a Louisiania football fan these days!
Check in later....
John
Old December 5th, 2011, 03:37 PM

I knew what a "poke" was, but not Satsumas, nor did I know that Louisiana grew oranges...consider me enlightened!
Old December 5th, 2011, 11:34 PM

Good afternoon all, overcast day today and it might rain later tonight

Hope you feel better soon Sandy, I hate head colds too

Good luck with that install John

Time to start work, have a good day ya'll

Adrian
Old December 6th, 2011, 04:46 AM
CQR

Od on the vitamin C Sandy! .

Well, we warmed up to 3F so far this morning. At least we are back on the plus side. Somebody want to tell old man winter 'I Give' and let him go on his merry way? Have a great day all.
Old December 6th, 2011, 05:11 AM

Mawn'in all

Wet but warm

De author and poet James Dickey [ a la "Deliverance " etc] went to de same high School I did [only he graduated years before me.] He moved away and when he came home to north Atlanta [Buckhead] he wrote a poem called " Looking for the Buckhead Boys" where he searches all his old hang outs for his old friends.

About 40 years ago sum guys started having a party and raising money fer charity and the "Buckhead Boys" annual meeting came together. It just guys from about 40-80 who all went to de same high school dat meet, drink whiskey and eat catered Varisty food once a year. It was las nite.

Alot of fun see'in sum of de ole crowd dat is still verticle.

John, I went to de only Gawga school dat has 175 years of an undefeated football team ........Emory [cause we never had a team] so I don't give a rats a$$ 'bout de Dogs. But LSU handed dem dare hat last Sat. Not much Wolf Wolf'in go'in on after dat game.

Now 'bout Bama. Ya know what a gay guy is in Alabama?

Sum one who likes girls better dam Football.

Y'all have a wonderful day and stay warm and dry.
Old December 6th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Jamesbo..... you make me laugh, lol!

Cloudy and dark here this morning, but no rain..... yet! Temps in the 40's but not moving much today. Clint, ya keep that cold crap out there, ok??

I feel like crap this morning. Lots of sneezing going on, and my chest is starting to hurt. I cough but it's not a productive cough, ya know? It just hurts. Took some Comtrex Cold and Cough pills this morning. Waiting for them to kick in.

Well THEY"RE DIGGING this morning! I am sooooo happy! When I backed out of the drive, the foreman stopped me - and I have to say that boy is he a cutie!, lol - but he asked me if anyone was gonna be home today and I told him no, but I could call Larry and have him come home if needed. He said no, but they will need someone home tomorrow. Today they are going to dig to the houses. I thanked him very much for coming out today and told him I'm tired of being cold, lol!! He was nice.

The furnace guy yesterday told Larry just to call when they get the gas to the house and they will come out within 2 hrs. and adjust the pressure and such. I guess propane is heavier than natural gas. He had to order some kind of a kit also, to switch the furnace over. So it's looking good!!!!

Had to leave work early and go to the dentist yesterday. He had to grind some off of my bottom partial cause it's been irritating my gum for some reason for the last month and a half. Not a pleasant thing, lol.

I still can't get into my computer here at work this morning. They were down yesterday until 11:30 am. Then Houston got us up and running, but I couldn't log into mine. Today I can log in, but it won't accept my password and keeps throwing me out! So I have a call into Houston IT dept. so we'll see. Sure hope they get it fixed.

Got my Oldsmobile calendars yesterday!!! They are NICE!!!!! Good job, BigJerr!!

Well have a good day all!
Old December 6th, 2011, 07:40 AM
Captain Starfire

Dat Jamesbo.... he go wit' a jok!

james,
Dat's a hoot! I'd be considered gay in Tuscaloosa, then... 'cuz I likes my girls better than any dam football! ("Not that there's anything wrong with that....")
Dat said, however, I can't imagine a more rabid bunch of howling lunatics than LSU fans. (I better be careful what I say here!) Don't get me wrong...I "like" LSU... I even went there one ill-fated semester in 1975; But the people here in Southeast LA SUBSIST on LSU football year-round. It's a religion.
And it's a serious kind of religion.... Whereas Saints fans are good-natured and free spirited, Tiger fans are more "in your face"; so I like dem Tigers and root for them b/c they're the "home" college team; but I could never count myself among the die-hards.
I'm not a big "sports" guy anyway, so that's just dandy... but hey, if I had a team like Emory's, maybe I would be....
Hope you feel better, gal!
Weather down here is ominous... damp, much cooler than yesterday; misty. It screams: "Beware of coming cold!" It's supposed to be in 30s by late tonite (warm my CO standards!).
Have a great one, all!
John
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:07 AM

John,

I'm surprised cha ain't ***'in a turducken.
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:13 AM
Captain Starfire

Turduckenz

James, the ones you buy from the sto' (the famous originals are from The Gourmet Butcher Block) are way salty, unfortunately. We bought one one year and I think the family's average blood pressure jumped 20 points! They are nice and something different, but ya' can't beat a big bird prepared ya'sef, IMHO.....and light on the salt. And I love that Pepperidge Farm seasoned breadcrumb stuffing mix that I crams in da' cavity.
I doctor it up real good w/ real chicken drippings (saved just fer that) instead of water; and I add a ton of sage, garlic (we are garloholics), celery, onion, etc., and it's to die for....I'm making myself hungry!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
John,

I'm surprised cha ain't ***'in a turducken.
Old December 6th, 2011, 11:43 AM

Dat's Good to know, I've allways wanted to try one of dem Turduckens but never has.

Speak'in of Ducks, I had sum buds whose were in a Club near Bastrop [N. of Monore La.] De would take Teal, stuff em wit oysters and lay dem on a pile of Greens in a Turkey pan [ to soak up de juices]

We don't make no stuff'in. We take day ole dried up corn bread crumble it up with onion, celery, egg, chicken stock and shreaded dark meat and make pan dress'in. You may have missed de post whar Pat [Citcapp] and I thought we should jail people dat used "Stove Top Stuff'in"

Unfortunately, Sandy chimed in and said her better half [Larry ] used de crap. I never tried it myself but Pat says it good fer wall spackling.

I had me a fried shrimp Poboy yesterday fer lunch. It was jes OK. You're a bad influence on my cholesterol.
Old December 6th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Captain Starfire

Dat sounds awesome! Plus, if yer a handyman, can just make yer StovePipe stuffing and fix da' walls and snack, all on same batch! Swimpas is good, but ershtas right now are fantastic... gonna buy me a half sack Thursday on the way home 'cause I'm off Friday and will crack 'em open and suck 'em down! Man, we better get back to talkin' about cars, 'cause they have less calories!
Old December 7th, 2011, 04:17 AM

Mawn'in all

Rain'in wit a cold front com'in in dis afternoon.

Let us all remeber today is de 70th anniversary of the attack on our Pacific fleet at Pearl Harbor. I'm not sure, It may be Rocket Raider who said he had an uncle who is still on the Arizona.

John, I luv oysters any way ya fix 'em or don't fix 'em [raw]

But my all time favorite dish is de Lobster Pot pie I make wit Lobster bisque and chunks of fresh steamed lobster. It's a little on de rich side but WTH.

Ya know, Ya jes gave me an ID'er. I might make me up a crawfish pot pie sum time. Crawfish, make up sum crawfish stock, sum carrots, pearl onions, a few sweet peas.

Dag Nabbit, I jes made myself hungry A-gain.
Old December 7th, 2011, 05:35 AM
Captain Starfire

Crappy weather

Morning, folks... weather in SE LA still sucks; it's not freezin' (40 deg on both sides of Pontchartrain); but misty and windy like they're makin' Mary Poppins outside.

James, U makin' me hungrier than you makin' you-sef. Both crawfish and lobster pot pies sound awesome. Maybe we could get on some sort of air-mail food trading system? But w/ new Post Office schedules, maybe it would rot before we got to eat it!

Got a pretty good dialog goin' on right now about Slim Jims and GM trannies in general over on the AACA site. It's a steep learning curve for me, all this Slim Jim stuff ... and just when I was feeling a little competent on TH-400s after 30 years!

Have a warm, dry day, all....
Old December 7th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Dark and cold here. Temps around 34 degrees. We're supposed to see some sun later.... I sure hope so. I'm tired of the depressing gray already.

Well we have a gas line and a meter shelf at the house!!! Larry stayed home this morning and he talked to one of the contractor guys before I left. He asked the guy if they were going to put in the meters today, and the guy said no, that Dominion Ohio puts the meters in. So Larry will call Dominion and see what they say. I'm gonna look up and see which "supplier" has the cheapest prices and pick one.
Remember when you could just call and say "I need gas service at this address" and it was done? * sighs* Now you gotta have 2 or 3 different people and places involved with everything! Nothing is simple anymore. But we're closer than we've been. It was 61 degrees in the house this morning when I got up. A little chilly, lol!!

Jamesbo...... you're gonna make some crawcrab pot pie, huh? I like chicken pot pies, lol! Steve here loves lobster bisque. I've never had it.

I spent last evening wrapping the few presents I bought. People are mostly getting gift cards. Nicole wants a $500 camera, but there's nothing wrong with the one she has and I can't see spending that kind of money on one gift. She needs a JOB!!!!!!! Then she could get it for herself! She has her bank account all overdrawn - I'm sure I'm gonna have to help out. What a mess. She must take after her father in that area cause she sure ain't like me, lol. I started working when I was 15, and I always had a job of some kind. Always!!!!!

Well you all have a great day! Stay warm and dry if possible, lol!!
Old December 7th, 2011, 06:06 AM

John, I can helps ya out wit de cook'in But you're on your own wit de Slim Jim.

Come to thing of it, I gots a case of Slim Jims in my trunk dat sum guy brought me at a discount store. I think de shelf life expired sum time during the Eisenhower administration.

Sandy, Congrats on gett'in Gas [Dat didn't sound right] But you know what I mean.

I luv any kind of pot pies, I started eat'in dem when I was in school and de were 26 cents a piece. Come to think of it, dar was an oyster house we used to go to dat had a dollar a doz every Wednesday nite.

I'm liv'in proof dat a college kid can survive indefinitely on oysters, beer chicken pot pies and tuna fish.

I used to cook a pot of rice, dump on sum tuna and drizzle it wit Soy Sauce. Cheep & fill'in I think I musta foundered on Tuna cause I don't care much fer it any more.

If de cow would stop wit de rock, I'd go to de sto.
Old December 7th, 2011, 06:45 AM
CQR

Morning. My bride went out on a limb and made a fabulous pot pie the other night. Shes still a keeper.

Attachment 179100
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:15 AM

CQR,

I'll trade cha one that can burn a salad.
Old December 7th, 2011, 08:20 AM

Good Morning Everyone.

Now I'm hungry too

It's just below freezing here and snowing a little. Everything looks nice with a light coating of snow on it... But I don't think I will feel the same way in January.

Yesterday was my last lecture. Next up... Exams.

I was getting some strange messages on my laptop a few days ago and after searching what they mean, it looks like the hard drive might be starting to go. Time for a new hdd.

Jamesbo, up here, the standard food for university/college students is Kraft Dinner.

Sandy, glad to hear the gas line is ready. One step closer to hear!

Have a great day.
Old December 7th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Cutlass Lover

You make sure you study hard, Paul!! I'm sure you'll do well on the tests!! Don't forget to pm me your address....

We had a rain/snow mix coming down at lunch time. I went down to Walgreens for some throat lozenges and it was yucky out there. It's up to 37 degrees.

Well Dominion told Larry that once the inspector looks at the gas lines and such, they will call Larry with a time to be home so they can bring the meter out and hook it up! I think the inspector was coming out this morning, cause the contractor guy told Larry they were waiting for the inspector. At lunch time Larry went by the house and the contractors and their equipment are all gone, so we assume the inspector came and looked at everything while the contractors were there. One step closer!
Old December 7th, 2011, 04:09 PM

I'm baaaaaaaaack,

Did ya miss me?

Just read the back posts and like always all you guys did was make me hungry, gonna go upstairs and heat up the grill and cook a couple of ribeye's and roast a mixed bunch of fresh veggies, make some baking powder biscuits and pig out.

I will start in fresh in the morning

Have a great evening

Pat
Old December 8th, 2011, 03:36 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda like Pearl Harbor day ,There's a little "Nip" in the air.

Course we missed ya Pat, I checked my mail box every day for a package with sum sun and/or a palm tree. Did get squat.

Wit de Holiday upon us, I thought I might share a good little munchie for your family and friends.

Case you're wander'in? Pat talk'in 'bout home made biscuits, led my mind to Lewis Gizzard talk'in 'bout "Whomp" biscuits which led me to "whomp" Cresent rolls. [Jes in case you wanted to follow my train of thought]

Sausage swirls.

Cook ya up sum bulk sausage [jes like if you were brown'in ground beef]
Drain off de greese and pop it in de fridge.
De next mawn'in open up a can of Cresent rolls.
Where de little dots are located put a little water on you finger and smooth dem out so de whole thing is a square
dump sum sausage in de square and roll it up
Pop it back in de fridge until needed
Slice the sausage long about 1/2 " pieces and pop it in de oven to brown.

Des little suckers wit a Bloody Mary are really yummy

Car_designer, Fer you poor college kids. Sorry, jes eat de cold left over Pizza from last night.
Old December 8th, 2011, 05:38 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Crisp and cold here. A little weak sun trying to peak out and temps in the 20's. It was cold in the house this morning. We wait to hear from Dominion now, so nothing we can do.

Got up coughing my head off. Just a dry tickle kind of cough. I don't have any congestion in my chest, just my head. But am feeling a little better, I think.

Citcapp! Welcome back!! You have to tell us all about the trip. Where'd ya go? What'd ya do? I kept waiting to feel that umbrella drink kick in that you were supposed to have for me, but I never felt it, lol.

Clay is off tomorrow so that will keep me busier in here. Brian is going on sales calls to Kentucky 3 days next week, so that will be nice. No one in here whining and complaining, lol. I'll keep busier too. I hate these long boring days.

I gotta start making fudge and cookies this weekend. Time is a flying!!!

I like the Christmas tree BigJerr posted on Facebook that he made, lol! It's decorated with Oldsmobile emblems!! Go check it out!!

Have a good day all! Scot...... where are you???
Old December 8th, 2011, 07:25 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

Jamsbo,

make the same thing here, call them sausage rolls, only we add cheese, I prefer pepper jack. Make a great snack. Damn hungry again.

Geeze Sandy you better get to feeling better you gotta lot of baking to do and all of us are expecting our Christmas cookie packages from you this year.

I had lots of drinks for all you guys. 65-70 degree weather sunny and blue sky's everyday. Just messed around, saw a great Christmas parade, watched killer whales went to a couple of old missions, mostly ate and drank and chilled out. It was great. Came back to 30-40 degree weather oh what fun.
Old December 8th, 2011, 02:35 PM

Good evening all.

The sun was actually out today. It was a nice, sunny, December day.

I have my laptop back again, now with a new hdd.

Sounds like you had a great time Pat.

Hope you get better soon Sandy.

Jamesbo, the sausage swirls sound good.

Have a good day.
Old December 9th, 2011, 03:45 AM

Mawn'in all

Still, Dry and chilly dis mawn'in.

Sum body sent my Super Model and gift box wit sum country ham, sausages and stone ground pancake mix. Zo, I know what I'm gonna be eat'in fer de next few days.

I needs to make me a pot of grits zo, I can whip up sum red eye gravy from de country ham. Fer all ya'll who can spell Zamboni w/o look'in it up. Red eye gravy is made from country ham dripp'ins and coffee. It's really good wit grits or ya can sop it up wit one of Pat's home made biscuits.

car_designer,

I can bermember like it was yesterday de day I got out of school. I was stoped at a light on an overpass of I-85 and it dawned on me. I'll never have to go back to that F&*&*&% place again.

Sum times I have nite mares dat I didn't granulate and I have to go back. Wakes me up in a cold sweat. Did I say, I wasn't fond of Emory.

'Bout 10 years ago, sum academecian moron put me on de alumni board. I haven't been to one single meet'in. But de still don't get de message.

Heck my Dad died in 2000 and Mercer Unviersity still sends ME e-mails and letters begg'in fer money.

Guess dares always sum oe who doesn't get de werd.

Sandy, I hope cha gets to feel'in mo better. It's 'bout time fer you to haul some kinda plumder out of sum wahr fer sum season.

Pat,

I gonna try sum cheese on dem sausage swirls dis year.

CQR, How's dat young'un do'in? Hope she's stiil on de straight and narrow.

Scot, Whar ya been. De USPS didn't can ya to save a few bucks did de?

Bee Oh Pee, You OK? Haven't heard a peep outa ya fer a few days.

Adrian, How's your little one do'in? Did cha get her an a/c unit fer her new house?

Anyone think de got troubles .............read dis.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-23615327/
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:23 AM
CQR

Happy Friday!

Gonna be sunny and about 40` today. Gonna take the plow off the yota since it doesn't look like we are gonna get any more snow for the next 4-5 days. That little truck does a great job plowing, but it sure doesn't like hauling the extra weight at highway speeds.

Had a good night bowling. Bowled a 165, 172, and a 205 on a 144 average, but we still managed to lose all the games.

Jamesbo. Thank you sir, she is doing well. I think shes gonna make it. She really seems to grasp the huge issue this was, and doesn't want to go back to it. She did find out some sad news about some peers she hung out with. This happened while she was in treatment, which was a good thing cuz she could very well have been in that car that night. That seemed to really open her eyes.
http://www.9news.com/news/article/23...rash-was-drunk

C_D Hope All the exams go smoothly.

Sandy, Hope you can use the weekend to relax and get rid of that cough, maybe you'll have some heat?

Pat, Think warm thoughts, Heres hoping for an early spring.

And to everyone Have a fabulous weekend.
Old December 9th, 2011, 05:31 AM

CQR

What a tragic event. I can only hope they didn't die in vain and perhaps saved some of their classmates form a similar accident.
Old December 9th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold and snowy here this morning. We're supposed to get a few inches overnight and into tomorrow. Highs tomorrow only in the 20's. It was cold in the house last night and this morning. I feel much better today! Starting to shake this thing finally.

Dominion is supposed to come out and install the meter on Tuesday between 8 and 12. Guess we freeze for a few more days. Creeps.........

We went out to eat last night with the parents of Nicoles closest girlfriend, who we haven't seen in a while. It was nice! I miss them. Came out and Larry's truck had a flat. Bill had a can of fix a flat, so he used that, then went to the gas station across the street - they had no air pump!!

So Bill and Sue ran me home and I got Tincanio - meanwhile, Larry stayed at the gas station and unhooked the spare from under the truck and had it out when I got back there. Bill and Sue had went back too. The spare was very low on air, I followed him to the BP station, it was $1.00 for friggin air, and the machine didn't work!!! So he drove it on home and used his compressor to fill it. What a night!!! Dinner was nice though, lol!

We're all going from work to the Blue Canyon restaurant for our Christmas dinner on the 22nd. Yipee........ It's one of the nicest places around here, but it has that "fancy food", ya know? Like you get 5 undercooked green beans on your plate, a little dollop of mashed taters, fancy sounding meats and such. I'm not nuts about the place and Larry plain old just doesn't like it. But that's where Steve wants to go because it's expensive and the company is paying for it! I'd rather go to one of the nice Italian places we have around here, but nooooooo... Last year we all did a seperate thing, which worked out nice, and we were reimbursed for it.

Clay is off today so it's quieter in here, lol! No loud Texas voice booming, lol!

Clint.... Glad to hear your daughter is doing well! That's a sad thing that happened. Kids just don't realize what can happen when they get 10 foot tall and bullet proof...... so scary. Hopefully that will help your daughter to understand the dangers of substances.

Well you all have a good Friday and stay warm!!
Old December 9th, 2011, 07:05 AM

Good morning all

Another day cold but clear, gotta go in for my once monthly blood draw to see if the old kidneys are still working ok then see the doc on Monday to find out the results of the test. I feel good so I hope the doc confirms that I am as good as I feel. Enough of that, everyone got there shopping done? Its easy at my place, home repair gift cards for the kids and my bride and I don't buy each other anything. If we want something and have the cash we just buy it when we want it and don't wait for special occasions.

I'll have to try that red eye gravy Jamsbo sounds good

Sunday is the Christmas lunch for The our chapter of the OCA, be kinda fun to see everyone. We always collect a bunch of toys to give to needy children hauled a van full of toys last year.

Sounds like your getting closer to heat Sandy hang in there soon you'll be toasty

To bad about those kids, seems like I watch a similar event every morning on the news, very sad

have a great day alll
Old December 9th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Captain Starfire

Brrrr!

For those of us who don't know to spell zembooney, it's been cold as a witch's upper frontal anatomy last few days down here in the deep south! This is the 3rd morning in a row we've had below 30, and it ain't even winter yet! At least rain seemz over; humidity is WAY down (garage showed 26% this morning, which is practically unheard of in SE LA.
James, when you gonna' quit wit' dem tempting new dishes for us food addicts?!! You must be gittin' revenge for dem prawns I posted a few weeks back??!!!
I been mesmerized by "Don" on the AACA board, with his comprehensive knowledge of all things Roto. Man, he was over my head before you could say "variable stator"! Real interesting.
Off work today... I had some plans that fell thru, but I took the day off anyway just 'cause I wanted.... it's Honey-Do day now! Now I busier than a one-legged man in an A$$ kicking contest....
CQR, sorry to hear of that incident in CO... honestly, "there but for the grace of God go I." I quit drinking in '93 (and I mean REALLY QUIT.... tetotaler... zip... zero) and FOR ME, it was one of the best decisions I ever made. Never looked back. This is real tough for those involved. But as James, said, this incident will not be in vain.
Sunday is our "Christmas dinner" here at the Ponchatoula Plantation; having my famous "big bird" and all the family & relatives coming over (since wiffey & I will be in GA for Christmas and New Year -- James, come up & see us!).
Gal, glad you seem to finally be cooking w/ gas. We had propane installed here for B/U generator; that was a real PITA, 'cause I wanted the tank buried.... it looked like a bomb went off in front of my house when they were finished! One step forward, 0.9 step back.
Anyooots, have a great weekend w/ lotsa warmth....!
John
Old December 9th, 2011, 09:45 AM

Bee-Oh-Pee

Where ya gonna be in Gawga, I could always use anutter designated driver. Tank goodness my Super Model don't drink or I couldn't go anywar Cause I ain't 'bout to mix alchol and driv'in. Dem days is long gone.
Old December 9th, 2011, 07:02 PM

Good afternoon all, been raining on and off the last week so not much is getting done around the house

I haven't put the air con in her new house yet Jamesbo but I'm sure I will before long

Good to hear you will have heat inside the week Sandy, I'm sure your looking forward to it

Study hard Paul, good luck on the exams.

Welcome back Pat, glad you enjoyed your holiday

The new radiator turned up finally so in it went, now she sits on 175 f. I only had to move 2 of the original mounts and it fit right in

I have some ot booked for the next 2 weeks so not much rest in my future lol

Have a great weekend ya'll

Adrian
Old December 9th, 2011, 08:30 PM
Captain Starfire

~110 Mi. N of Hot-lanta

Jamesbo,
We go up to Hiawassee. Ever been up to da' Towns County way? God's country! My wife's uncle lives in Hayesville, NC, and he spoiled us with those beautiful mountains about 6 years ago.... the place we stay in GA is maybe 15 miles from his place.
Sure glad it has a nice (propane) fireplace in the den~! We were snowed in last Christmas.... and it was mighty chilly....
B O P
Bee-Oh-Pee

Where ya gonna be in Gawga, I could always use anutter designated driver. Tank goodness my Super Model don't drink or I couldn't go anywar Cause I ain't 'bout to mix alchol and driv'in. Dem days is long gone.
Old December 10th, 2011, 11:08 AM

Bee-Oh-Pee

Ya gonna be right 'round de corner from my lake house near Clayton.When ya headed up? Fer how long?
Old December 10th, 2011, 01:28 PM

Well the the new fiber optic outdoor light up snowman is on the roof. Karen is putting up the Christmas decorations in the house and listening to a radio station playing only Christmas songs.

It's hard to get into the spirit because...I never thought I'd say this, because there's no snow! Yeah, we got snow about two weeks ago, maybe a few inches, but it's all melted since then. Roads are dry enough to drive the 442 around, but the battery is out and my plates expired at the end of November. I'll renew in April or May and only pay for half a year. I'd get collector plates and pay $35 once but I can't keep my 442MUCH personalized plates then.

Anyway, going on a hay wagon ride with Karen's side of the family tonight at Ft. Edmonton Park (a historical theme park) . Should be about 25 people since she has 8 aunts (5 our within 2-3 years of our age) and 2 uncles, and their kids and the grandkids. Her grandmother must have delivered via the Heimlich Maneuver.

Good thing not everyone will make it or there'd be about 50-60 people including spouses. It's an interesting family; there are white people, black people, east Indian and native people so the entire human race is represented. I suppose that spending time with them is what Christmas is all about. Peace on Earth, good will toward men and all that.

It was going to be a sleigh ride but again.....snow troubles, so a wagon will substitute. The only family I have is who I live with, since I had no brothers or sisters so this should be fun. After the ride stop off in the old shoppe they have in the park for some hot chocolate and stand outside around the bonfire that will be going on. Temp is only -3C or about 29F so we should be able to dress lightly. Enjoy your weekend.

Last edited by 442much; December 10th, 2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old December 10th, 2011, 02:02 PM

Ken, Could you give me dat quick convert formula again for C to F. I try it all de time an I think I got sum'in fouled up. You may not remeber but the temp gauge in th rear view mirror of my Suburban is stuck on C. So everytime I pass a bank with the temps in F, I try your quick convert formula in my head. Sum whar dares a looose screw. [Could be my head]
Old December 10th, 2011, 02:27 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Afternoon Mornin' People

Getting ready to go to a Christmas party, but I haven't been on in a while so I figured that I better say hello to all. I hope everything is well for everyone. Things are goin great here for us. I just wish I had more time to post like I used to, but other than that we are good.

Jamesbo to quickly convert C to F try this....

Fahrenheit Degrees = (1.8 x Celsius Degrees) + 32

or F to C

Celsius Degrees = .556 x (Fahrenheit Degrees - 32)

Anywho I think the other post from Ken was easier it seems. I'll look and see if I can find it. On my Tahoe you have to hold down the TEMP button until it switches to F, you may wanna try dat. I hope it werks fer ya.

Y'all have a great weekend and be safe

Scot

Old December 10th, 2011, 04:28 PM

Ken, Could you give me dat quick convert formula again for C to F. I try it all de time an I think I got sum'in fouled up. You may not remeber but the temp gauge in th rear view mirror of my Suburban is stuck on C. So everytime I pass a bank with the temps in F, I try your quick convert formula in my head. Sum whar dares a looose screw. [Could be my head]
I don't the formula. I just guess. 32F water freezes, for us water freezes at 0C. Soooo, -3C is about 28-29F. Just found a table on line. -3C = 26.6F. Celcius is and easier system (water freezes at 0 and boils at 100), but I guess it's what you're use to.

I find that I use temperatures in the Metric system but distance and weight in the English system. I was 16 when Canada changed over and use the some of the old and parts of the new systems.

Body temperature is 37C, most Canadian bitch if it remains in the upper 30's for more than a few days (unless you're on one of the three coasts or near a lake) 20-25C is great, 10C = 50F, 0C = 32F, -18C = 0F and -40C = -40F. So I use this to guesstimate F.

Last edited by 442much; December 10th, 2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old December 11th, 2011, 04:56 AM

Mawn'in

Kinda chilly but clear.

I thought the formula was sum'in like C X 2-10% + 32.

But it never werked out fer me.

Scot, I've punched and punched ever button dare is. Even tried to reset the compass by cutt'in circles This cotton pick'in thing has been a good truck but it's got too many bells and whistles fer my taste.

It's look'in like me and John is gonna try to hook up sum time before New Years day and chow down in de mountains. Scot, Ya wanta join us up 'round de Dillard House?

Maybe we won't get showed in.
Old December 11th, 2011, 10:37 AM

Kinda chilly but clear.

I thought the formula was sum'in like C X 2-10% + 32.

But it never werked out fer me.

Scot, I've punched and punched ever button dare is. Even tried to reset the compass by cutt'in circles This cotton pick'in thing has been a good truck but it's got too many bells and whistles fer my taste.

It's look'in like me and John is gonna try to hook up sum time before New Years day and chow down in de mountains. Scot, Ya wanta join us up 'round de Dillard House?

Maybe we won't get showed in.
Yeah, there is a formula something like that, but me and math...... ...never added up. Turned out it was 3C not -3C last night, so it was even better, about 36F.