The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2011, 05:06 PM

X4 Don our thoughts are with you. Hope you have some good news soon
Old October 9th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Don! It's sure nice to hear from you!!! We've been worrying and wondering. I'm so sorry to hear about your health. That really sucks!!! You had better continue with your story, and fill us in! I am a firm believer that there is power in prayer, and with all of your friends on here sending prayers your way, it's bound to help!! You hang in there and know we are thinking about you and praying you'll stay strong and fight that nasty tumor!!!!

It was another beautiful day here today. These past 6 days must be our Indian summer, lol. We hit 80 yesterday and today. Tank top, shorts, and sandals weather! Just how I like it, lol! Wish it wasn't getting dark at 7:00 though. I hate to come in the house.

Went to the Stow Glen show yesterday. We all had to park along the edge of the field, cause it was still way to wet in the grass. There were only 52 cars that showed. This year they changed it to participant voting, so 8 members of the Cool Cat Cruisers won. Hmmmmm...... We didn't win anything but sure enjoyed sitting in the sun enjoying the day, the cars, and the music!

I went up and took Lin shopping today. Didn't get home until after 4, so I put the Halloween stuff out and plugged in the ghosts and such. Planted a few bulbs. I sure wish this weather would stick around, but it looks like we go back to rain and 50's towards the end of the week. The last show I have planned on going to is next Sunday. Hope it's a decent day.

I'm taking off at noon tomorrow and having Defer do an oil change in Teepo, then heading to the Riverfront. It's gonna be packed! I have to get my pics from yesterday onto photobucket so I can post them.

Have a good evening all!
Old October 9th, 2011, 07:34 PM

Good evening everyone.

Good to hear from you again Don, but very sorry to hear about the news. You are in my prayers.

It was a very nice day here as well. It felt more like June or July than October. I took the day off from working on the Cutlass and took a nice cruise in the Delta with my Dad.

While we were driving today, we passed a location that I pass by a couple of times a year and always say I want to stop and take some pictures, but always say "next time". Today I finally stopped.

Attachment 179767

This used to be an automotive museum. My Dad remembers visiting it 40 or 50 years ago. It is now owned by a local hot rod business and used for storage.

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians.
Old October 10th, 2011, 04:34 AM

Mawn'in all

Well, It's monday soooooooo.

Spose to get sum rain later on today.

Scot, Ya'll gett'in de wet stuff yet?

Step son and girlie girl are visit'in fer a few days. So de Beagle from hell is back at de house. I'm hid'in in de office so he won't tree me before sun up. Like to had a heart attack fry'in up sum hot water corn bread to go with de veggie soup we had fer super last nite. De Beagle saw a squirel while he was loung'in out on de back poach, and started to bay jes as I was start'in to flip a corn fritter in hot greese.

Don, We're with ya my friend. Stay in touch and keep us posted.
Old October 10th, 2011, 05:19 AM
CQR

Good morning all. Neat pic C_D. Hope you have a great show Sandy. Jamesbo, If you share some of your vittles with the hounddog, you may just become friends.
Old October 10th, 2011, 06:38 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Morning All!

Yup Jamesbo, it rained all nite here and it supposed to rain all day. We need it, I could complain since it's my day off and the GA National Fair is in town but I won't . I guess it is a sort of tropical low and it is dumping the wet stuff in sheets.

Don and Wolfie you guys need to get well soon!!

Yall have a great day.

Scot
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Scot, Pat, Jamesbo, Muskegon, Clint, Adrian, and Cha-Cha....

Thanks for your good wishes and prayers...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I was clamped in the GE MRI monster for an hour and a half. The huge contraption banged and clanged until I couldn't stand it another minute, but realized that I still had an hour and fifteen minutes to go. I was thinking that we should give up "water-boarding" and use medical scanning to get info from the bad guys! I think I must have dozed part of the time because the tech told me that I only had four more scans to go. He said one was a 16 minute scan, and the next two were 8 minute scans. Finally, the tech said, "this is the last scan - 6 minutes!"

And then it was over. I had been subjected to torture that an 80 year-old was never designed to endure. I had to spend a few minutes just to sit-up.

Next, after I had regained my balance I was led into a small examining room. A nurse came in and took all of my vitals. All were OK. BP, lungs, heart, etc. Then another PA came into the room and went over all of the things that I had submitted. The PA ran all of the neurological tests they give to people with a balance problem. He ran the gamut of neurological tests and then said to me "walk into the corner." The corner was behind me, so I merely backed up into the corner. The PA was amazed.

Suddenly the door opened and a computer disk was served to the PA. He stuck it into the disk drive on an HP computer and started exploring the disk for an anomaly. As he was exploring the disk, I was watching alongside of him. He paused the scanning at a frame and said, "Here's the problem."

A fuzzy thing was attached to a small, dark, object. I asked him what the round object was and he said, "That's your pituitary gland." I said I always thought it was in your chest.

Then two doctors came into the room and introduced themselves. One of them was my Doctor. The other was to consult on the findings. My doctor told me that what we were looking at was a benign growth that many people get that attaches to the pituitary. He said that they were always benign. I asked him how they removed them and he said "We don't." He said that Medcare didn't regard them as dangerous, and would not pay for the procedure. He said if I wanted it taken out, I couldn't afford it! I asked, "If you would take it out, how would you do it?" He said, 'through the nose."

I asked "where do I go from here?" I still have these terrible headaches. My neurosurgeon told me to go to my eye doctor and get checked, or go to a ENTW doctor. Ear, Nose Throat, and Wallet man. Well I got to see my opthamalogist the next day and he could not find anything wrong. he vision in my right eye had changed slightly, but the doc said he didn't think this would be causing my headaches.

Back to square one!

Then something clicked in my mind! I picked up the phone and put in a call to my dentist, who is also a personal friend, I had discussed this ongoing problem with him before, but nothing registered with him. My upper back teeth had been tender for weeks, and I asked Ray did the roots of your back teeth go into the sinus cavities. He said "they absolutely do!" I told him "I think I have a sinus infection!" He said "You may be right..."

I asked if Amoxicillin was the treatment for sinus infections." He said it was and to take three 500 MG caps a day for ten days. I always have this antibiotic on hand as I have to take 2000MG before any dental procedure to prevent an infection to occur in my right hip implant.

Well after two days all of the pain was gone, and after a week ALL of the symptoms were gone. I took the Amox for 15 days and I'm as good as new.

It took six weeks of misery for me, over $3000 worth of MRI's, many visits to great physicians, and I cured myself for $5.80.

They always say if you're you're own physician you're a fool......

I think not! I hope I'll be OK now! And I didn't have to have surgery!

Thanks for all your prayers and concerns...

--Don
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Wish I had the whole day off today, lol!! It's a gorgeous morning and gonna be a great day again. Perfect for the Riverfront later!!!!! I won't think about later this week. Next Sunday's weather is looking good now, subject to change, I'm sure.

Paul..... that's a great pic!!!! The car looks real good!!

Jamesbo..... you be careful around that dog, lol! I think it's out to get ya!!

Have a great day all!
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well that's great news, Don! When you mentioned the word 'tumor' I'm sure we all assumed the worst. I am really happy to hear the news! I know I have had sinus infections give me "toothaches", lol. It's amazing that we don't normally think the two are connected in any way. Glad you're cured, lol!!
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:47 AM

Don, very glad to hear you are doing good now and that you didn't need surgery for it.

Another beautiful day here. It is only going up to 77 today (am I really saying only 77 in October? )

Debating working on the Cutlass or going for a drive to enjoy the weather.
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:53 AM

Great news Dr. Don self cure. Just like working on your car. Now we expect to hear from you more often.
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:56 AM

I went to the big swap meet on Saturday, What a bust. Spent 10 buck on a 3/8 ratchet. Not an Olds part to be found. Should have called it the Chev/Ford swap meet. Four hours and nothing with a pile of cash burning a hole in my pocket.
Old October 10th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Cutlass Lover

Citcapp..... I'll take some of that cash if it's still burning a hole in your pocket, lol!
Old October 10th, 2011, 09:41 AM

Glad to hear that it was a sinus infection, and that you figured it out yourself. Dr. and detective wrapped into one!
Old October 10th, 2011, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Citcapp..... I'll take some of that cash if it's still burning a hole in your pocket, lol!
Sorry dear its set aside money for the 48 Olds, Damn parts are hard to find for this old bugger
Old October 10th, 2011, 01:47 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Glad to hear that it was a sinus infection, and that you figured it out yourself. Dr. and detective wrapped into one!
Thanks. Muskegon!

Next time you're sick, just send me the symptoms and I'll give you my diagnosis!

--Don

Old October 10th, 2011, 02:42 PM

Morning all, looks like it will be a good day down here.

Glad to hear you sorted out your "tumor" Don.

I'm sure you will find the parts you need soon Pat, I sure can't wait to so her finished Have you got the engine in yet?

Good pic there Paul, that's one nice delta

Hope you had fun on your half day off Sandy, at least you weren't at work

How did you go with whitey Jamesbo? The koolaid didn't mess with your back nine again did it?

Have a great day ya'll

Adrian
Old October 11th, 2011, 05:10 AM

Mawn'in all

Jallahulah Rain,

Don, Dat's the damnsest thing I ever heard of. I had a bud who got diagnosed wit a brain tumor once. Turned out it was the plate he received after a head wound in Nam.

Adrian, It's officailly too cool fer me to drink Colorado Kool aide any more. I sloshed around and played like a goat. Finally took a WF [withdrew failing] and went in de clubhouse few sum rotten potatoes and grapefuit juice to kill de pain.

Lousy weather golf jes ain't de same. De cart girls are all bundled up. [No tight tops and short shorts] Kinda ruins de game.

Scot, Ya'll still gett'in de wet stuff down thar? Boy we sure need it. De Oak trees are might thirsty.

Got de Super Model a new bumper sticker.
Old October 11th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

That's funny Jamesbo!!

Another beautiful morning out here..... the last of them. Rain is coming in tonight. But still looking good on Sunday for the last show! I hope......

Went and got Teepos oil changed yesterday. The tech said the old oil was still nice and clean. Then we headed to the Riverfront! I got there around 3:10, cars were already there. I'm glad I got there when I did, cause they ran out of space! There were over 300 cars there! They were everywhere. It was a beautiful night. Gotta download the pics.

I gave Don Sitts an "Oldsmobile Service" round metal plaque to hang on his wall at the dealership - I told him that when I was in there waiting for Tincanio's oil change, I noticed he has Chebby, Buick, Ford etc.... plaques or signs on the walls, and nothing for Olds!!! He hugged me and said he said he will hang it up!

The Mayor gave his approval to continue the cruise in over there through October, weather permitting. Looks like the rest of the cruise ins this week are gonna be washed out.

The long term weather forecast is calling for a "Brutal" winter here. Just what I wanted to hear. I'm sure it will be.

Well you all have a nice day.
Old October 11th, 2011, 06:22 AM
CQR

Morning all. weather is looking a little better than the snow we had on Saturday. hanging around 70F this week. Don glad you're a Mr. Fixit.

Jamesbo, heres wishing you hot weather to improve the scenery. And rain at night for the acorn trees.

Sandy, good to hear the mayor is lengthening the season. I hope you are wrong about this winter.

Happy Tuesday.
Old October 11th, 2011, 08:07 AM

Morning everyone!.

Rained all day yesterday and should be a nice 70+ today with no rain. Cutlass is in the garage getting ready for its winter tear down. Need to replace all window, trunk, hood rubber seals due to it leaking. have to allign all body panels and clean and shine the engine bay. replace speedo cable and do more cleaning up behind the dash.

Gonna be a fun winter
Old October 11th, 2011, 08:52 AM

Yep about the weather, the midwest/Great Lakes region is supposed to get thumped this winter. That rain that you guys down in GA. are getting, is headed our way, supposed to start raining Wednseday, very unusual to have a weather system to come out of the southeast, normallycomes from the WSW.
Old October 11th, 2011, 10:11 AM

Another nice day here.

I have instructions from a Summit Tech guy on what to do to wire the starter.

Some friends mentioned they wanted to go for a drive yesterday, so I decided to do that instead of working on the Cutlass yesterday. It was a great day, nice and sunny. Six cars cruised with no real destination other than supper. We saw quite a few other classic cars on the road as well and even a Mustang group parked at a Tim Horton's we stopped at.

I just heard on the news, they are calling for a colder and snowier winter here as well.

NorCalSS, good luck with the winter project.

Sandy, glad to hear your cruise season has been extended.

Have a great day everyone.
Old October 12th, 2011, 04:57 AM
CQR

Morning everyone. this'll be a short post. gotta get to work, after all it is humpday
Old October 12th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

I guess that was short, Clint!!

We have that rain coming in from the south here today. It's dark and miserable out. In the 50's. Then we have the cold front that's gonna come down on us too..... now they're calling for rain on Sunday. That really sucks. The last show....

It's another quiet day in here. I swear yesterday was 16 hours long!!! So boring..... didn't do much last night at home. Went around and put the Halloween window clings on the windows. It's getting dark before 7 now. Took home the planters last evening that I made for here at work. The breezeway is getting full, lol! I gotta get the Hibiscus' over to Larry's shop for the winter, but 2 of them got soooo tall, I don't know how we'll move them!

Here are a couple pics of the plaques I had that guy at the Riverfront make for me! They are pretty cool, lol. Larry had nerve enough to say "Don't you think you have enough pictures of that car"?????? I was like 'excuse me..... sir? I don't think so!'

Attachment 179671

Attachment 179672

You all have a wonderful day and stay dry!!
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:18 AM
CQR

Good morning. Looks like we're headed for more hay on Saturday. I wonder if the snow has destroyed the fall colors, I'll see if I can get better pics. if theres any leaves left in the trees.

Intersting plaques Sandy. Teepo looks great, but my brain is trying to figure out the scaling. looks like a really be plastic pipe drain.

Happy thursday all.
Old October 13th, 2011, 05:39 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy and in the 50's here. No rain yet.... calling for it this afternoon. Round 2 coming out of the west. Probably no Bellacino's tonight. Looks like we're gonna have temps in the friggin 40's next week.... and we have no heat in the house yet.

Clint... To take the pics, I sat those plaques on a little table I was parked beside - the hole in the center is where an umbrella goes in the summer. I don't know what scale they are. He put the picture on wood, and then cut out around it. Then the picture is screwed onto the bottom of the base in back. He made one plaque with just a single pic of the car so I brought it in to work and put it on my table in here!

Boy gas shot back up overnight!!! We've been around $3.14, $3.09, $3.17 depending on where ya go, and this morning it's up to $3.45, $3.44..... What the heck happened overnight? Someone spill a gallon somewhere so they had to raise the price? I filled up Tincanio in Macedonia last night for $3.18.

So.... we haven't heard from Ken for quite awhile??? Hope he is ok.

Don.... You out there and still doing well??

Jamesbo.... Where are you?? Did the beagle from hell get ya?

Have a good day all!
Old October 13th, 2011, 06:07 AM

Mawn'in all

Mo rain spose to come in today. Jes cloudy now.

De beagle from hell jes left and my nerves are return'in to their normal state.

Sandy, Cool plaque

Wonder if Scot ever got into the postal system?

Adrian, I haven't tried any recipes yet. I'm still study'in and translat'in into American English. But it's really cool, I'm the only guy in town wit one.

Don, How are you on fix'in teeth and gums. I could use some pointers. I think my peridontist is Porsche shopp'in again.

Ya'll have a wonderful day.
Old October 13th, 2011, 06:34 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo.... Glad to hear ya survived, lol! We haven't heard from Scot..... don't know what's up? I miss him! And Ken.... where is he??
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:45 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Here I is

My other youngin's 18th Burpday is upon me With four children (all girls) it seems like there is a Burpday somewhere in or around my humble abode once or twice a month.

On top of my screwed up hours, getting up around 3:30 a.m. just plain sucks But I'll eke through I suppose. Winder training was a breeze, however the trainer didn't do like the book said so I guess I'll see what I know when dey trow me to da wolves Come to find out my Postmaster is a complete jerk and a micro-manager to boot. So needless to say I was looking for a job when I landed dis one, so I am STILL looking for a better job or maybe even transferring to another post office.

And next week I get to wake up at 2:30 a.m.

Yall have a great day, I'm gwan to bed after we get back from taking my daughter out to eat.
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:56 PM
Cutlass Lover

Nice to hear from ya, Scot! Happy b'day to your daughter! Glad to know you're still hangin in there!! Why in the world do you have to be in there so early?? Our PO here doesn't even open until 8....
Old October 13th, 2011, 12:59 PM
CQR

I have the answer to that Sandy. Hes not allergic and has all of his unmentionables.

Guy at Post office for a job. Any allergies? He says "Coffee" "Have you been in the military?" "Yes & I lost my ********* when a bomb exploded." "Okay You're hired. Hrs are 8am to 4. You start tomorrow at 10am. Guy asks "If the hrs are 8 to 4, why don't you want me here til 10?" "This is a government job. The first 2 hours we stand around drinking coffee & scratching our *****. No point in you coming in for that.
Old October 13th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Cutlass Lover

Now that's funny right there, lol!!!!!!!!
Old October 13th, 2011, 03:24 PM
"Car"mudgeon

X2 on the Clint

However the real reason is behind the scenes. What no one sees is that most larger post offices run round the clock 24/7 even on holidays IF they have a processing plant. Luckily my post office is not a 24/7 but is closed for us laborers from 7 p.m. - 3:30 a.m. 7 days a week and there is usually one person there on Sundays and they ask for volunteers to sign up on holidays just to stay ahead of the game. I don't get a day off until Wednesday and they even have me penciled in for Sunday from 8 a.m. - 12 a.m. Anyhoo the reason is to go through and scan parcels (thousands) as arrived, then sort them to different routes for the carriers, most mail (letters) is usually pre-sorted and comes in trays assigned to route #'s, bulk flats by the ton (literally) such as magazines and those coupon filled "junk mail" have to be sorted then measured and placed in each carrier's station, then around 8 a.m. the carriers come in and sort the mail that is not pre-sorted then P.O. Boxes have to be filled daily before 10:30, then more scanning of "drop shipments" from UPS and Fed Ex. Yes we deliver 90% of the "last mile" of all their packages, pretty much because we are going there anyways and it is cheaper for them in the long run. Hopefully that sheds a little light on da subject
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:07 AM

Good evening all, overcast all day but no rain thank goodness.

Jamesbo I got your parcel today, now I need to get a couple more hooks and hang it nice and proud with all my other flags Glad your the only one with that book

Those are some pretty cool plaques Sandy

Thanks for that insight Scot, I reckon it would be the same with the post over here. Happy B'Day to your daughter also.

Well I got to car back from the exhaust shop yesterday. Gave her a wash this morning, she needed it after sitting in the shed for almost 12 months New video with exhaust is here, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8zhXHM3zxE

Minette's garden is doing well too, Should have some carrots and lettuce soon. She is so proud of her garden. There are also a few flowers Min planted at the same time. Pics attached

Time for bed, have a good night ya'll

Adrian
Old October 14th, 2011, 04:55 AM
CQR

Happy Friday.

Adrian, Sounds Great!. Looks great too.

Keep lookin Scot!.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Old October 14th, 2011, 05:02 AM

Good morning from Olive Branch Mississippi

Adrian,

that sure doesn't sound like your grandmothers Oldsmobile. Has a nice rumble to it. Time to do some cruising now. Summer time is just about upon you right

Looks like Jamsbo isn't up yet or he's busy cooking breakfast.
Old October 14th, 2011, 05:50 AM

Mawn'in all

A might chilly dis mawn'in but it spose to warm up.

Originally Posted by Ausraven
Jamesbo I got your parcel today, now I need to get a couple more hooks and hang it
Enjoy The Gawga dust bunnies that are wit it.

Scot, I could never werk fer the USPS, I'm too stupid to figger out when I am spose to be thar."If it's Tuesday, this must be Belguim"

Pat, I googled up olive branch Miss. and to me it looks like a suburb of Memphis.

Sandy, Ere's a liitle cat/dog humor fer ya.
Old October 14th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Nice to hear from ya Citcapp!

It's a dark rainy morning here. Windy and in the 50's. Didn't go to Bellacino's last evening - they were having the cruise according to the email Brad sent us, but it started raining at my house by 5:35 so we didn't go. Just one last friggin nice week.... was it too much to ask??? It's all I wanted.

It does look now that the rain on Sunday is supposed to be coming in LATE afternoon, so hopefully we'll make the APL show in Ravenna. But they're probably gonna be wrong as usual, lol! The show is 12 - 4:00. I'll be home by 5:30 then it can rain!!

I have to wait for the yard to dry up anyhow before I can tuck her away for the winter, so I'm hoping we get a long dry spell sometime, lol. Otherwise I reckon she'll stay in the house garage, and Tincanio will have to sit in the drive and I'll have a heart attack cleaning the ice and snow off of it in the mornings for work, lol. God I hate winter.

Adrian! Car sounds and looks great!! Bet you all are happy now, lol!! She's really pretty. Wish Teepo and I could come spend the summer with ya over there, lol! And look at Min's garden, lol! Tell her I said great job! And I love her flowers!!

Scot...... Thanks for 'splainin the way the PO works! Very interesting to know!! I've often wondered about behind the scenes...

Clint.... did ya get your hay?? Do you have a farm?

Jamesbo..... That's funny!!!!

Well last night Larry helped me take the bezels off those rims I got from Carl. Took the beauty rings off too. Some of them are kinda dinged up around the edges. Mine are in much better shape. Now I'm gonna call Highland Rd. Auto Body today and see about getting the rims in there to be sandblasted and painted. I already talked to Mark at Defer Tire when I had the oil in Teepo changed on Monday, about putting my tires on the new rims and the rims on the car next Spring. I threatened them with death if any nicks on that new paint!!!! He said they would be very careful...... I said, yes, you will!

Well you all have a great Friday!
Old October 15th, 2011, 09:02 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

Everyone must be sleeping in this morning. Back home again and catching up. Sounds like everyone here is doing ok. Have a great day all