The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 28th, 2011, 07:32 AM
Always room for one more

Awful Waffle

Originally Posted by CQR
You easterners and your references to the waffle house. I'm not sure we have any of those around here. We do have lots of Village inns and a bunch a IHOP's.
Ah, but there is at least one in Denver. My best friend lives out there and we went to it. I couldn't tell you where it's at, but it isn't too far from Highlands Ranch. It was just like the ones here.

Sandy you were feeling poorly on page 17 and 18 of this thread. I hope both times are isolated and it hasn't been a chronic thing all year. That's where I am, page 18.

Mike
Old December 28th, 2011, 07:43 AM

Dag nabbit Mike,

Now I gotta run down de road and get me sum Scatter, Covered, and Smothered.
Old December 28th, 2011, 08:34 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Morning All!

Sandy my better half got the kindle last year and this year she wanted the kindle fire so that's what I got her. It's pretty cool, you'll like it once you figure it out. I buy her kindle gift cards so she can purchase her favorite books or games. It is a blessing for her on trips and just about anytime she wants to read. It's funny to me, she works with computers all day but is not very computer literate. So most anything that she wants on there, I have to load for her.

Mike good luck moving, that is one thing I don't want to partake in. I would like to move one more time in my life but that is it. You are a good friend for even offering to help them move, much less across a few state lines. As for the Awful House, it was the thing to do about 2-3 am after the bars closed back when I was single. LOL But now the scattered, smothered, covered, and chunked is only appetizing about once a month. And we have so many Awful housii around here we usually pick the newest one built.

Jamesbo that is neat history there about the lucky strike war effort. A great deal before my time, but I enjoy the history and the effort that EVERYONE made back then for the cause. Oldsmobile done more than their share for the war and now everyone is all about the money, even if it comes or goes over seas to fund the wrong side

Adrian, yup you said it. I spend all of Christmas Day assembling "stuff" and about two more days helping them figure out their new goodies. Except for maybe a few of the younger ones that seem to be born with the technology. It's fun and I really enjoy spending the quality time with them all. I know Min is at the age where everything is awesome and I hope she had a great Christmas.

Pat thank you so much for the recipe, I am now a CR ball connoisseur

Yall have a good one.

Scot
Old December 28th, 2011, 08:46 AM

Good Morning Everyone.

We had a good snowfall last night, followed by a bit of rain. I think it finally stopped, but now the temperature is going to drop. They are calling for -19C (-2F) tonite and say it will feel like -29C (-20F).

And you know what? I don't care! I am very happy today. I got my final marks last night and I can final say it:

I am a Mechanical Engineer! Now I only have to wait until June for the ceremony where I receive the diplomas to prove I earned my 2 bachelor's degrees (the second is Computing Technology).

Why is it I keep getting hungry when I read this thread? I remember when we used to have IHOP and Waffle House in Ottawa. Now I have to travel to another country to go to those restaurants as well as Olive Garden, Ponderosa and I am sure there are others we used to have here, but left the city or the country all together.

Adrian, how did the skating go?

Sandy, I prefer reading on paper than on a screen. I still print a lot of my class notes.
Old December 28th, 2011, 08:59 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Congrats Paul on your degrees That is awesome and one heck of an accomplishment! I wish you well in your ventures in mechanical engineering and computer technology.

Scot
Old December 28th, 2011, 09:17 AM

Congrats, Now I know who to ax computer questions to.
Old December 28th, 2011, 09:27 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Congrats, Now I know who to ax computer questions to.
When you walked into the WH, who yelled "'Mornin" first?

--Don
Old December 28th, 2011, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Ddbord
When you walked into the WH, who yelled "'Mornin" first?

--Don
The one wit 6 teeth.

WTH have you been?
Old December 28th, 2011, 09:50 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Wow they have that many teeth up ere?
Old December 28th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

The one wit 6 teeth.

WTH have you been?
Ministering to the Lovely Mrs. Ddbord.

Yesterday was the 54th trip to a health care practitioner this year....

Tomorrow I take her to the orthopedic surgeon.

I'm not really looking forward to 2012.

--Don
Old December 28th, 2011, 01:47 PM

Don,

Give your wife our best. We all think of you often and miss you here a lot.

Humor is the best medicine you sure have given your share to us. Hope we can give that and some kind thoughts back

Jamesbo
Opened some world war II army rations when I was a scout back in 1960 I believe, and there was a pack of Lucky Strike greens in the package. Nope the scout leader would not let us keep them
Old December 28th, 2011, 03:42 PM
Cutlass Lover

Paul...... Congrats!! That's a wonderful accomplishment!!

Mike.... You're moving right along in the thread, aren't you, lol?? I feel better this evening. I'm usually pretty healthy.

Scot..... It's a Kindle Fire that I have. I've been reading some on it. I'm still not sure about this wireless connection stuff though. I couldn't connect the darned thing earlier.... it wouldn't load the internet even though it said it was connected and the signal strength was strong. Who knows?? It's working now!!

Jamesbo.... I've never been in a Waffle House! I don't think we have them around here. We have lots of Bob Evans places though.

Don.... Nice to hear from you! I sure hope your wife's health problems improve.

Gotta go get something to eat. This thread does make one want to eat, lol!
Old December 29th, 2011, 04:49 AM

Mawn'in all

Chilly up ere in de mountains.

Gonna meet John 'bout 2 fer dinner

Don, You take care of your bride, and I'll hold down de fort ere til she gets better. Check in wit us when ya can.

Pat, I ain't buy'in dat story 'bout given up de smokes to de scout master. Few years back at a scout camp [when I was a scout master] 9 out 10 of us ole pharts stand'in in line to shave wit hot water, started smok'in in de scouts.

Mike, If'in your gonna read dis whole thing, count de times Sandy whines 'bout de weather. Better yet, count de times she calls me a "$hit"

Scot and I are kinda busy count'in teeth in our local Waffle Houses.
Old December 29th, 2011, 05:14 AM
CQR

Jamesbo, I sure would like to join you 2 but it's slightly out of the way for me.

Paul, Congrats! Well, Done sir.

Don, Best wishes for you and the Mrs.

Sandy, My kid got a NOOK from Santa. She's already read 3 books on it. I thought it would be cheaper than taking her to the store all the time, but it looks likes she's still gonna read us into the poor house.

Mike, I googled the WH and 9 came up in the area Good thing they aren't in the middle of the street, Ida never seem em before mowin them over.

Well its6:10 and 48`F. The wind is picking up and its melting. I have an Ice dam on the north side of the garage. I'm hoping it'll melt down so I can get some heat tape up there. The snow doesn't usually stick around long enough to cause that. well times are changin.

I went and picked out my new ***** last nite. My monster in law got me a gift certificate for xmas. The lady at the store showed me all kinds and weights. I decided on one that was pink and yellow and one that was black yellow and red. They both weigh in at 14# each. I get to go pick them up and try them out today.

Have a great Thursday all!

Last edited by CQR; December 29th, 2011 at 05:48 AM.
Old December 29th, 2011, 05:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

.......I went and picked out my new ***** last nite......

Clint, that just doesn't sound right, lol, but sounds like you'll have pretty *****!!!

It's in the 20's here and they're talking about rain/snow mix again later. Who knows? I'll be out taking down the Christmas decorations in whatever it is this weekend.

We got an email that we get out tomorrow at 12 noon!! That will be nice. I'll get started early on un-decorating. We never do anything on New Years Eve. I try to stay awake to watch the ball drop on Dick Clarks Rockin Eve or whatever its called, lol. That poor man is just pitiful since he had that stroke. Makes me sad.

Jamesbo..... you're bein a shi*!!!!! If you lived here, you'd whine about the weather too, lol! Ya don't hear me whining when the sun is out and it's hot, now do you? Hope you have a nice dinner with John!!

Well have a great day everyone.
Old December 29th, 2011, 01:27 PM

Clint,

Have fun with your new *****, don't drop them you might hurt yourself

Jamsbo,

Have fun at dinner no drinking now and no story telling either

Sandy, whine about the weather naw never happen
Old December 29th, 2011, 01:36 PM

affernoon all

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Jamesbo..... you're bein a shi*!!!!! Hope you have a nice dinner with John!!
Mike, Let's hope dats de las one of dem from Sandy dis year. But cha never know. What's de "Jamesbo you a $hit" count so fer?

Me and John [or is it John and me?] and his bride met at de Dillard House. My camera went tango uniform but he's gonna post sum pics.

Let me see ere. We had fried chicken, country ham and poke chops, wit cole slaw, waldrof salad and cucumber/mater salad.

Den we had mac and cheese, sum kinda really good cabage and cheese caserol, sum sweet tater caserol, cream corn, butter beans, fried okrie, [I think dats 'bout it]

Oh yeah, sum blackberry cobbler a la mode.

Oh yeah de had plenty of biscuits an rolls but de weren't fried so I didn't eat dem.

John. Was dat you behind me when I turned off Ga 76 on Ga 197. If it t'was, my house is jes 'bout 15 min down dat road. Next time y'all are up dis way come to my place and eat.
Old December 30th, 2011, 05:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

The sun is trying to peek out, and it's 40 degrees here this morning! Supposed to get to 47 degrees today. They're calling for on and off rain all weekend but warm until Sunday afternoon when the temps start dropping and we're supposed to get hit with some kind of 'major' snow storm into Tuesday! That sucks.

I went home last night and took some of the decorations out of the yard. Mostly the little signs and such I put around. Took the bows off the shutters. It was actually still daylight at 5:15!

Twice, there were 5 damned deer in the backyard eating out of my birdfeeders!!!!! I whipped the window open and got the pellet gun and shot at them - they went a little further back in the yard, stopped and looked at me. 10 minutes later they were back! Larry shot at them that time. God... there are just toooooo many of them around here! Wish someone would come deer hunting in our backyard!

Jamesbo.... sounds like you had a good time! Can't wait to see the pics! Sounds like you all had some good fattening foods too, lol!! Glad you enjoyed it.

Well you all have a great day! We're out of here at noon today! Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyy!
Old December 30th, 2011, 05:57 AM

Mawn'in all

Clear an chilly *****

Nutt'in like a big ole bowl of cheese grits wit chopped up ham to warm ya up in de mawn'in.

HTML Code:
Can't wait to see the pics
Yeah, I'm sure de'll post 'em when de get back to civilization.

Ya ever think dat we've all become de paparazzi.
Old December 30th, 2011, 06:16 AM

Good morning guys and Sandy

dark dank raining like the old cow on a flat rock, this sucks, we get about 4 hours of daylight this time of year seems like. Other then that life is great. have a great day all

PS how can Jamsbo even eat this morning after all that food last night?
Old December 30th, 2011, 08:54 AM

Good Morning Everyone.

Another Canadian winter day here, snow and cold.

Don, good to hear from you again.

Clint, how are the new *****?

Sandy, only 6 minutes of work left.

Have a great day.
Old December 30th, 2011, 04:42 PM
CQR

Evening all. Went boarding with the fam. The closest and smallest ski area has the most snow. and its nothing to brag about. still lots of thin spots and rocks poking thru here and there. I'm already sore. I havent went boarding for 2 years. My legs aren't used to that .

Jamesbo. That sure sounds like a feast. I would guess John would have wanted a long nap after a meal like that.

Well, I gave my blue ***** to my wife to throw around.

Sandy & Paul. I'm real happy with my new ones. I bowled a solid consistent 10+ pins over my average last night. and I'm still trying to get the feel of them. Here's what they look like

Pat, funny you should say that. The thumb hole in the misfit was a little snug and it stuck real bad on the third game. 'bout pulled my arm off and that thing was probably 6-7' high at the peak of its arc. BLAM right down on the maple. The alley got real quiet and I was the center of attention.
Needless to say, I used lots of power slide when using that ball after that.

Have a great night!
Old December 30th, 2011, 07:25 PM

Nice ***** Hmm, that didn't sound right. Looks like you are adjusting to them quite easily.

Oh, and I just got home from bowling. Two games less than 10 pins below average and one 32 pins above. I'm not the most consistent bowler.
Old December 31st, 2011, 06:02 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautiful day in de mountains

Bowl'in Huuuuuuum. Dis might be de first time da subject came up. Thought we'd covered mos everthing.

I never could figger out how to keep score so I jes quit long 'bout high school.

I knew sum fellas in college who used to wear stolen bowl'in shoes.

Pat, probably old enough to remember pin boys sett'in duck pins by hand.
Old December 31st, 2011, 08:58 AM

there were 5 damned deer
Damned deer huh? that must be a variety of the whitetail that we get up here
Old December 31st, 2011, 10:17 AM
Always room for one more

Happy New Year

Hey everyone. Back from moving.

Things went well. I was delayed getting to Alabama until all the work was done. I felt bad about that. As I was walking out the door I got a call that necessitated me making my neighbor's boat so it wouldn't pull down the dock when the lake was lowered.

Anyway drove to North Carolina the next day, unloaded everything Friday morning and I sat in the Fayetteville airport all afternoon waiting on a flight. Got home in time to get the dogs so all was well.

So I got nothing done around the house this time around, but heck there's always next week. Except I'm going to New York for a few days. Hm.

Hope everyone goes out and whoops it up tonight. I'll be at work, not whooping it up.

Mike
Old December 31st, 2011, 10:27 AM

Jamsbo,

There was one 3-lane alley a couple of towns over that still set pins by hand that I remember when I was a kid. More tavern they bowling alley. You must think I'm old or something

A little sun shine today, think I'll try to hit the whit ball around a bit. Had Bronchitis for the last week its finally starting to let up so I can talk without coughing by lungs up so why not go out in the cold right
Old December 31st, 2011, 04:33 PM

Well in case I'm not back here for a few days I just want to wish you all a safe, healthy and happy 2012. Since it's the end of the world next year let's live it up.
Old December 31st, 2011, 05:11 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was a wet, cloudy, and dank day here. Temps around 40. I got all the inside decorations and the tree taken down. Then had to do some dusting and vaccuming! Also got laundry done and kitchen floor mopped. Larry schelped the containers out to the garage. He took down the lights from the house and trees, and got all the other yard things out to the garage. I'm glad it's over!!

We're just sittin home tonight as usual. Watching Apollo 18 right now. I'm not all that impressed with it! Hope I can stay awake till midnight! There isn't anything on TV to watch. I remember the days when I used to dress up and go out and dance the night away! I miss that.

Well Happy New Year everyone! Hope you're all safe tonight, and I'll talk to ya next year, lol!!
Old December 31st, 2011, 05:30 PM
Always room for one more

And again

The New Year's celebration in redneck Henry County started about 3pm today. Fireworks and guns. Yes guns. Just shooting right up into the air. Someone said I'll be safest at work tonight because the airport is such a big open space. Hopefully the neighbors will all be in jail by midnight.

My dogs are having a fit. It's like thunder. They are scared of the loud noises and I hate to have to leave them. I'm sure they'll have something torn up when I get home in the morning.

So! Here's hoping everyone comes back tomorrow, and the new year brings health and happiness. Don't forget-don't do any laundry tomorrow. Don't know why, I've just always heard that.

Mike
Old December 31st, 2011, 07:19 PM

Happy new year

Dis is 'bout as late as I can stay up.

My Super model done hit de hay.

Sounds like de er liv'in it up down south of ere.

Mike,

I used to know a "Miss Pine Tree" for Locus Grove in Henry County. Las time I seen her, she was a werk'in fer one of de Turner Netwerks.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Old January 1st, 2012, 05:46 AM

Mawn'in all

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Guess everone gots a hang ache dis mawn'in sep me.
Old January 1st, 2012, 07:14 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Happy

I got me a headache, but it isn't from drinking. One of these days I'll tell my work to stick it. But until I have an alternate way of paying for things it won't be this day.

The dogs seemed fine when I got home this morning and nothing is torn up. And the house wasn't burned down. And I haven't found any bullet holes in the tops of the cars(yet).

Time to sleep. If Walmart is open this afternoon I'll go there. Two more days and it's off to New York for a couple.

Mike
Old January 1st, 2012, 11:20 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy New Years Morning Crew!

Here is a link for Jamesbo to look at....
http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_de...ign=FL0112_S44

Well we all had a great evening last night. We had a "bonfire" and the kids played with sparklers and I rigged a flashlight on the youngest ones bike so she could ride into the new year LOL. Today I am cooking collard greens with hawg jawls (for $$$) and black eyed peas (for good luck) along with some country style ribs on de smoker grill. Yummy!

I hope everyone has a safe and prosperous New Year!

Scot
Old January 1st, 2012, 11:57 AM

Happy New Year 2012

Hope everyone has a better year then the last. Lost some good friends on CO and gained some new ones this past year. Time marches on and still don't have the 48 done yet. With any luck it will move under its own power this year.

Take care all
Old January 1st, 2012, 12:12 PM

Happy New Year!

Went to a party hosted by a car guy last night. It was potluck. I made and brought shredded beef in homemade barbecue sauce. I guess I finally have a contribution for the New Good Morning food sub-thread.

I had a great time at the party. We spent most of it in his garage. When I left, I get out the door and there is a 1968 Cutlass sitting in the laneway. The owner of it arrived after me, so I didn't know what he was driving until I left. I guess he drives it all year, including on snowy, salty roads.

Hope everyone has a great 2012.
Old January 1st, 2012, 05:07 PM
Captain Starfire

Dat' wuz us....

Jamesbo,

Yeah, dat wuz us... That Lake Burton really is big.... I think I could find your turnoff again; but it really ain't fer from Hiawassee... and what a great drive thru the mountains. I want to bring the motorcycle up in the spring and take a few nice rides thru the hills. We drove back down home yesterday so I could take a breath before starting the "new" job on Tuesday.

Man, we enjoyed that din-din.... lookin' forward to the next time we can make it up.... and be careful what invitations you make, we liable to take you up on it!

Wife and I need to finish looking around those antique shops at the bottom of the hill in Dillard... and we also want to take a good hike in Black Rock Mountain State Park right down the road, which I believe reopens on 3/15.

I think the better half will drive back up in Feb.; but us other poor workin' stiffs will prolly have to wait 'til around Easter, so's to accrue a few more days of vacation.

It was great meeting you~~ and what a fun, great place to eat.... Cajuns ain't got nuttin' on dat GA hospitality..... maybe your wife can make it next time. I'll give you heads-up before I make it up.... and maybe we can break some mo' bread.

Happy New Year to all!
Bee-Oh-Pee
John. Was dat you behind me when I turned off Ga 76 on Ga 197. If it t'was, my house is jes 'bout 15 min down dat road. Next time y'all are up dis way come to my place and eat.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; January 1st, 2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old January 1st, 2012, 05:08 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All! Happy New Year!!!!!

I was on here this morning trying to post, but this lovely friggin myfi wireless decided to run out of battery, and I couldn't get it to connect even by plugging it into my laptop!!! I was not happy. I don't like this thing at all. So I charged it and it's working good now.

I puttered around out in the upstairs of the garage today, organizing things again. Worked some in the spare room straightening it up. I Put a poke roast and some taters and carrots in the crock pot and cooked it all day. It was pretty good. Didn't make any sauerkraut this year. I'd have rather went to Scot's to eat, lol!! Sounds like a good meal!!!

It's been a rainy and very windy day here today. A little sun peeked out a few times and it was warm - in the 40's. We have that snow coming in tonight and tomorrow and Tuesday. Only supposed to be 19 degrees on Tuesday! Sure am glad we have heat!! Still haven't got the first gas bill yet......

Oh yeah..... the furnace cycling on and off problem...... the service guy was out last week and took a look around. Everything fine with the furnace. Problem was the thermostat here in the house! So Larry got another one and it's working like it should.

Glad everyone had a nice and safe New Years Eve! I hope for all of us a healthy, safe, and blessed new year...and lots more trophies for Teepo, lol!! Love you guys!!
Old January 2nd, 2012, 04:34 AM
CQR

Good Morning all!.

Well back to the ol' grind in a new year. Lets hope 12 is better for all of us. Looks like we are gonna see 50's most of the week. I think that ice dam on the north side of the garage is mostly gone. Still lots of old dirty snow in the yard. the wind has been pretty fierce last week blowing all the crap around. I guess a branch came thru a windshield and impaled a guy up in Boulder. He was able to get the car pulled off the road and stopped.

Well I should be getting a visit from the Fedex lady today. Since I left lots of hints that I wanted a cover for the 67 and didn't receive one from Santa, I had to order one.

Hope everyone has a great start on the new year.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 05:12 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy Doody!

Jamesbo I have a question for you. Can you make it so the website doesn't time out for a longer amount of time? I get caught up reading some long threads and when I try to turn the page or look at something else, it says I have to log in again, which is rather annoying. It also resets the "new posts" thing so I can't see all the new posts. Why does it have to time out, anyway?

One more night then it's off to New York. I'm really looking forward to that. Hanging out in Manhattan, seeing lots of sights, and best of all spending time with my sweetie. I've never been to New York before I'm really looking forward to it.

Gonna be co-o-o-ld tonight. 24* and windy. And when I lived up north they said Atlanta was a warm weather station. Go figure.

Time for bed. Everyone have a great day!

Mike