The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2012, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Turdsday mawnin to y'all...

Tony - yup, that's the right casting. BTW, you'll want to either clean the paint off the contact for your temp sender, or just replace it. Won't get a good signal through paint..... Hmmmm, you know you might as well take the carb off the intake and paint it too......BTW, If I was a chic, I'd be dying for a ride in that bad *** Nissan.......
Funny thing,

I had quite a few wealthy friends growing up. I bought my nissan off my dad when i started driving. Still have the window sticker and bill of sale (13850 dollars in June 1995).

They all drove mustangs, chargers, some even BMW's.

Guess who got all the girls? The guy with the Nissan that had a mean exhaust leak (still to this day).

I wouldn't change a thing, it's got charachter, and i like that.
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:44 PM

Hey Scot,

Got a feller com'in up from Byron to look at de 442. Think he can make it by noon like he said? My bet is he ain't seen dis many cars in Byron if he lived dare 30 years.

Pat, Whar de heck are ya. I smoke 'em today 42/43

Allan, I hates to tell ya but dat dog looks completely tramatized.

Sandy, Tanks fer lett'in me go to all de car shows in air conditioned comfort of my office. It beats de heck outa sitt'in in a lawn chair when it's 90 in de shade.

John, I know it's a little late but de adage is "measure twice saw once."
Old May 31st, 2012, 01:56 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jamesbo - yup, it does don't it? Maybe it's a zoomba made for lady dawgs.... I heer dey likes vabratin tings....42/43? Yessir, you sizzlin. I have a hard time beatin 48

John - gotcha beat on the flower beds. All ours are finally in as of today. The last 70 lilies, begonias and purty flowers went in today. Looks like rain - wind picked up to around 25 mph and threatening clouds. Temp is still a pleasant 64.

Tony - I love it. You should call it the Chic Magnet car

Sandy - one more day, one more day, one more day.......turn up the AC

Mike - wanna buy a used lawnmower cheap? Ha, I still have to pull the fuel line and see if it needs flushing.
Old May 31st, 2012, 03:41 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Had a good night at work last night. Got home early, too. Got some good sleep, as the dogs only woke me up once. Hope tonight goes well, too.

Sandy those are some nice pictures you've been posting. I wish we had car shows every night around here. I'm going to miss Summit on Monday because I'll be in Florida.

Allan I seem to be a collector of lawn mowers. Besides the Lawn Boy I've had since I was a kid, I also have an electric Black & Decker and a battery Black & Decker. And the Deere. I had my neighbor's Deere over here the other day and it looked like some sort of reunion.

Jamesbo is that guy coming on his lunch break?

Wasn't Pat headed for Mississippi in his big diesel pusher? I guess he did so much work there he took a liking to the place.

Australia's money is that mylar plastic stuff. Doesn't have the Queen on it, though, but pictures of people no one's ever heard of. In fact I have some here. And the coins that seem to weigh me down about 5 pounds.

John don't feel bad. I have four days off every week and I don't get much done. I often ponder why that is, I think I get distacted too easily. Like playing with the dogs or hanging out at the Awful house.

Okay! Time to get ready for work. Hope everyone has a good evening. I don't know if we're getting rain or not, we're supposed to, but as one who works outside, I hope not.
Old May 31st, 2012, 05:54 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Sure Jamesbo he can make it if he leaves round 9:30 - 10ish at the latest Did you happen to catch his name? I know lots of people from Peach County. Some of dem fellers can't foller directions with out someone pointing here and yonder

It's good to hear from you John. Retro fitting stuff in house is usually a PITA, believe me I've installed A/C systems in 150 year old houses and almost always there will be some mishaps no matter how many times you/they measure. Nothing like roughing in the equipment in a newly framed house that isn't sheet rocked yet

Well I guess I'll "see" yall in da mawnin
Old May 31st, 2012, 06:02 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

I've been a little busy lately. The weather has been pretty good here, quite warm and overall sunny. Tuesday we had really heavy rain and some thunderstorms.

I've been working on the Cutlass, still working on glass related stuff.

Well, I guess I am going to add to the graduation list. Saturday is finally my graduation ceremony. I finished my last classes in December, and as I posted got my Iron Ring in December as well, and only 5 months later I finally get my diplomas!

It is hard to tell in the picture that Allan posted, but the "white" area around the Queen's picture on the $20 (and the same section on the $50 and $100) is actually transparent.

Welcome to the Good Morning Thread Tony.

Jamesbo, did the guy show up to look at the car?

Thanks for the pics from the cruise nights Sandy.
Old May 31st, 2012, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by car_designer
Well, I guess I am going to add to the graduation list. Saturday is finally my graduation ceremony. I finished my last classes in December, and as I posted got my Iron Ring in December as well, and only 5 months later I finally get my diplomas!
That's Great! Congrats!

I was giving out iron rings this year at the Montreal Camp (#2). It was a great ceremony, i managed to organize that we did it in a huge chapel that the school owns and later had a beer bash that was sponsored by Molson.

All i gotta say is it feels great to see the last of my classmates finally walk across that stage.
Old May 31st, 2012, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tony72Cutlass'S'
That's Great! Congrats!

I was giving out iron rings this year at the Montreal Camp (#2). It was a great ceremony, i managed to organize that we did it in a huge chapel that the school owns and later had a beer bash that was sponsored by Molson.

All i gotta say is it feels great to see the last of my classmates finally walk across that stage.
Thanks. So you be ringed too? I was so excited when I finally got mine.
Old May 31st, 2012, 08:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Gee, at the rate they're giving out those rings, there's gonna have to be another bridge collapse to fuel the ring making cauldron... What field of Eng did you guys get? Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Geo Thermal, Electrical..????
Old May 31st, 2012, 08:45 PM

Gee, at the rate they're giving out those rings, there's gonna have to be another bridge collapse to fuel the ring making cauldron... What field of Eng did you guys get? Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Geo Thermal, Electrical..????
My main branch was mechanical but i specialized in thermo fluids and jet propulsion. (They didn't have any Olds Rocket specialties, so i had to study stupid jets lol)

We are, we are, we are, we are, we are the engineers,
We can, we can, we can, we can, demolish 40 beers,
So come, so come, so come, so come, so Come alongggg with us.
Because we don't give a damn about any old man, who don't give a damn about us

Now here's the verse that noone remembers.

Godiva was a lady who through coventry did ride,
To show all the villagers her lovely bare white hide,
The most observant man of all, was an engineer of course,
he was the only one that noticed that Godiva rode a horse.
Old May 31st, 2012, 08:46 PM

Yup in 2010, actually the iron ring ceremony is more important than convocation to most engineers.

When i got mine it was all shiny, but now it's all scratched up and getting smooth after 2 years of working on this blasted olds rocket lol

Last edited by Tony72Cutlass'S'; May 31st, 2012 at 08:49 PM.
Old May 31st, 2012, 11:33 PM

Scot - we're going through an identity crisis with Canadian $$. So far the 100, 50, and 20 have been redesigned and they're being made of mylar now with new security encryption. Now we can 'launder' our money and it will not come apart in the wash.... BTW, when the new 20 was revealed, most of the Canadians thought the image on the front was a tribute to 911. Nope, it's the Canadian war memorial in Vimy France.
Cool Allan, I haven't seen the new $20's. The 100's are pretty cool. Can't see how they can be copied, being transparent in places.

I read somewhere that Hitler visited the Vimy memorial in WWII after the Germans took France. They were destroying all the war memorials from WWI but after seeing this one, posted troops to protect it from other Germans troops passing by. Their reason? Other nations' war memorials showed the Germans under heel, defeated. The Vimy memorial showed an angel saddened over the war dead, allied and enemy, the names of the Canadian war dead and reasons why wars should be avoided. It did not rub the faces of the defeated in the dirt, similar to the way memorials are done today. So although completed in 1936, it still stands today.
Old June 1st, 2012, 02:45 AM

Hi all...

I´ll be back ! I move my Internet-Provider and
stay more than 20 days offline...
Now in June it works again..

Hope all is well with everybody..

I must work only a week long before Summer holiday..

On monday 11th starts my Trip to Nevada,Arizona and Utah..

@Mike, I send u a PM with my Delta Airline connections.
As I said before, at my return flight, I have a 10 hours layover
at Atlanta Airport.

Nice Day and sunny weekend...

Udo
Old June 1st, 2012, 05:11 AM
CQR

Happy Friday all.

Udo welcome back. Hope you have a great time in the U.S. Looks Like you are visiting the 'Dry' states.

Congrats on the golf scores Jamesbo.

Tony, An exhaust leak on a Nissan? say it ain't so? Actually If you ever find a Nissan that doesn't have one, you should get it into the dealer right away to get it fixed.

Happy weekend!
Old June 1st, 2012, 05:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot one with de skies spit'in a few drops.

My super model jes left fer de beach wit her sister. Got de car pack in 15 minutes and spent 1 hour look'in fer de key [dat was in de driver side door]

Scot, His name is Lee Feller or Feller Lee or sum'em like dat, Best I can figger out he cracked his 69 Cutlass up pretty good. Must hit a big possum or sum'in.

I got a cousin whose an engineer. When ya ask him what time it is, he starts out wit de inventiion of de sun dial and werks his way forward.

In my dad's family he got a brother who was an engineer. Each kid had a cigar box to keep his stuff in. My dad's had fish hooks, 22 bullets and shot gun shells, His borther's had pocket watches he'd taken apart.

One of my best friends dad was an engineer. He used to do his taxes using a slide rule.

HTH did we get off Zumba an on engineers anywho.
Old June 1st, 2012, 06:19 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

A rainy yucky day here so far. Temps in the high 50's. Clay is off today, so it's quiet in here. I leave at noon to go have my pre op testing and have that renal scan. Nicole is gonna come by and go with me over there. God I hate that traffic.....

Not much going on in here this morning. Glad it's a short week. Brian isn't happy that I have to leave him and Steve here by themselves this afternoon, but I guess you'll have that, lol. He thought I should have had this stuff done while HE was off so it would have been Steve and Clay here by themselves. It's always about him......

Larry has his 6 mo. doctor appt today. I'll be surprised if he doesn't end up on Crestor or something for high cholesterol. His doc yelled at him last time about getting it down, but he continued to eat the ice cream, sweets, red meat and all the other bad stuff. As mother used to say, "if you don't listen, you'll feel!" He did cut out the ice cream a couple months ago and has started walking on the treadmill again, so we'll see.

Went to Bellacino's last evening. The place was packed!!! I drove around the lot twice. Finally parked where I shouldn't have, but oh well. My friend Ron said it was full by 4:00. I'll post pics later.

You all have a great Friday!!
Old June 1st, 2012, 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by CQR
Happy Friday all.

Udo welcome back. Hope you have a great time in the U.S. Looks Like you are visiting the 'Dry' states.

Congrats on the golf scores Jamesbo.

Tony, An exhaust leak on a Nissan? say it ain't so? Actually If you ever find a Nissan that doesn't have one, you should get it into the dealer right away to get it fixed.

Happy weekend!
Have done the Coffee-can-clothes-hanger-RTV exhaust special.

She purrs like a lawnmower on steroids. Or a swarm of angry bees. Whichever you prefer
Old June 1st, 2012, 07:02 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin All

Udo it's good to hear from you. I hope you have a great time here in the US of A

Jamesbo that Lee fellow sounds familiar Yup he's prolly the one going around making all of the frisbees

Sandy good luck at the docs, I hope all goes well.

Tony that is a neat ode there, but I guess that's why I'm not an engineer. Jamesbo swore he had a picture of a waterfall and to this day I still cannot see that waterfall for nothing Kinda like the last verse, I wouldn't be able to see the horse

Yall have a safe and prosperous weekend
Old June 1st, 2012, 07:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

Pics are posted in Gen. Disc. forum.
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:00 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I hate this puter. I hate it a LOT right now. Just lost a beautious post by hittin the wrong button......gotta go calm down and have a rumencoke or sumpin
Old June 1st, 2012, 10:07 AM

I hate this puter. I hate it a LOT right now. Just lost a beautious post by hittin the wrong button
I understand! I did a long post here a couple years ago on how I got into Oldsmobiles on another thread, hit a key....and gone somewhere into the internet subspace. Very frustrating, I never attempted to re-do it.
Old June 1st, 2012, 11:48 AM

Welp,

I now own 5 less tires to keep pumped up, 1 less battery to keep charged, 1 less gas tank to keep fulll and 1 less project to worry 'bout.

I'm down ta 8 batteries now [de boat has 2, tractor 1, Gator 1] 32 tires [ de boat trailer has 2, Gator 6, farm trailer 4]

Dat leaves 4 fridges, 8 roofs and de rest I don't want to ponder any mo.

Scot, Dis fella's daddy used to werk at Jackson Oldsmobile in Ma-con. He seems like a nice fella.
Old June 1st, 2012, 12:07 PM

Udo, I hope that you enjoy your trip to the southwest, too bad that you could not have made it to the Oldsmobile Homecoming in Lansing, Mi. June 16th, but I am guessing that is a bit much of jumping around to try and do in one trip.
Old June 1st, 2012, 12:08 PM

Jamesbo, ya sold the '69? sounds that way, hope it went to a good home and restoration.
Old June 1st, 2012, 12:09 PM
Captain Starfire

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Retro fitting stuff in house is usually a PITA, believe me I've installed A/C systems in 150 year old houses and almost always there will be some mishaps no matter how many times you/they measure. Nothing like roughing in the equipment in a newly framed house that isn't sheet rocked yet
Boy, Scot, you got dat rite! Now, too, I need to figger out what to do with a bundle of wires peeking out the side of my house, not that they're conspicuous, thank goodness.

That was the least evil of all options I was presented with. I think I'm gonna get a good PVC pipe w/ a 90-degree on it, slit it, and put 'em in there to keep my weed-wacker from wacking 'em.

Originally Posted by slantflat
John don't feel bad. I have four days off every week and I don't get much done. I often ponder why that is, I think I get distacted too easily. Like playing with the dogs or hanging out at the Awful house.
Mike, I like to think if I had 4 days every week off, I'd be a different person! But maybe I'm deluding myself. I'd prolly get more on my plate or I'd find more excuses!

Y'all have a great weekend....
Old June 1st, 2012, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Jamesbo, ya sold the '69? sounds that way, hope it went to a good home and restoration.
Yep, went to a good home whose father werked at an Oldsmobile dealer. Tried to give away sum engines an 14" SS II but he had a yard full of dem too.
Old June 1st, 2012, 05:32 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Friday everyone!

Jamesbo good for you selling the 442. That leaves an empty space to be filled by something else.

Udo good to hear from you. Got your itinerary and we can set something up before you get here. If you need anything while you're over here just speak up.

Seems I'm not a nice person. You guys all know I'm the big cheez of the Amphicar club. The treasurer got a bee in her bonnet because I called her on something she shouldn't have done, and now her whole existance is to make my life miserable. She won't do anything I say, regardless that it needs to be done for the club, and now she's got another board member mad at me, purely on what she's told him, and he's threatening to quit. I said here's your hat. Months of this. She's mad that she got caught, and mad that I didn't let her get away with it. I've been president of other groups as well, and it's all the same. So do yourselves a favor. Never, ever be the president of anything or you will regret it the entire time you're in charge.

So! Work tonight. Then Florida tomorrow for a few days. And, my Mom called and said be sure to bring my big coolers because she's making lots of my favorite food for me to bring home with me.

I'll see you guys tomorrow and I hope everyone has a good night and good start to your weekend.
Old June 1st, 2012, 06:05 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Yep, went to a good home whose father werked at an Oldsmobile dealer. Tried to give away sum engines an 14" SS II but he had a yard full of dem too.
That is too cool Jamesbo, I hope he didn't beat you up too bad on the 442 My grandfather bought his very 1st Oldsmobile brand new at Jackson Olds in '56 1956 Super 88 Deluxe Holiday Coupe with a 324 CI V8

Pictures of it are in my album here if anyone wants to take a gander at it By the way you can send those engines and rims down ere if they are taking up too much room up thar
Old June 1st, 2012, 06:15 PM

Just finished my last radiation treatment...kinda excited. No more trips to MD Anderson for 2 months. WooHoo! Sorry, I wanted to share that little victory with someone
Old June 1st, 2012, 06:21 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Congrats and good for you ah64pilot
Old June 1st, 2012, 07:30 PM
CQR

Glad to hear your makin progress pilot.
Old June 1st, 2012, 07:43 PM

Thanks fella's! We beez hopin dis here radiamation wurks good so's I can get on-ta bigga an betta thangs. Like puttin a dag-gone 455 in da vertable and fixin up da silver car to beez makin some 'mo trips to da drag stripz. We seez what happenz in a couple months...I beez makin sho e'rebody knowd whas goin on wit it. Praya'z appriciamated!

(That way Allan and James can read the post, I know they have problems with proper grammar)

Steve
Old June 1st, 2012, 08:31 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

What a day!!! Went and had my pre op exam and renal scan. I now have 2 new needle holes in my poor worn out sore right arm. I'm starting to feel like a pin cushion... spent an hour filling out paperwork and answering questions over and over. The anesthesia lady talked to me forever about my heart and breathing. She wants a copy of the echocardiogram and report from my heart doc, who I see on Monday for my yearly check up. I'll make sure she gets that cause I'd really like to wake up from this surgery, lol!

Then I went to Radiology where I had to drink 2 big cups of water and wait 25 minutes, then go pee. Then on into the scanning room. Laid on that narrow bed thing while the machine filmed my kidneys and bladder from underneath for 25 minutes. Then told to go pee again, then filmed some more. Then the guy put the radioactive stuff in the IV and filmed some more.... I was up and down and in and out several times.

I was starving - didn't get any lunch. I planned on grabbing a burger to eat on the way there, but everywhere had lines of cars out to the streets - nothing like lunch hour in Twinsburg on a Friday. I didn't have time to fool around, so I just starved. Finally got out of there at 4:45, just in time to be in the rush hour traffic. Which came to stops and crawls.... I could not drive in that every day.

Got home at at 5:35. I was worn out. We went out to eat and did our shopping. It really got cold out this afternoon. Windy, rainy and 54 degrees. Feels like fall.

The anesthesia lady wants me to eat a Prilosec pill every day to see if it helps that pain I get under my rib cage, which is what led to all this. So I bought some tonight and will take them and see.

Well I am tired so I reckon I'll talk to ya tomorrow.
Old June 1st, 2012, 09:58 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

A rainy day here. I picked up a few more parts for the Cutlass this evening.

Steve, good to hear you are finished the treatments.

Sandy, relax and enjoy the weekend!

Mike, have a safe trip.

Jamesbo, congratulations on the sale of the car.

Tony, ERTW! Sometime I'll have to tell you about the D.U.S.T.E.D. events the engineering student society at U of O used to have.

Allan, say Hi to another mechanical engineer... oh and I also did computing technology. Anyone looking to hire a mechanical engineer?

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 05:29 AM

Mawn'n all

Kinda chilly dis mawn'in. Spose to be nice

Scot, I kinda figgered you knew 'bout Jackson Olds. Dat's too cool dat your grandfather bought one dare.

Sandy, Glad your test wasn't too bad. De diff betwix is insted of sitt'in in traffic, I woulda sat in a bar.

Pilot, Congrats on gett'in dat over wit.

Mike, I'm a "recover'in Presbyterian" so when sum one says "We have dis opportunity for you to volunteer"..............I run fer de hills. Bermember, "No good deed goes unpunished. "

Jes tell 'em to "Go eat fish heads and rice"

John, I'd cover up dem wires good or de squirels are libel to mono your stero and de surround sound is gonna go TU. Don't ax me how I know dis

Have a great weekend Olds friends.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 07:21 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Most beautious today with sunshine and (so far) mild temps. Don't know what it's going to be like today, but I won't be here anyway.

Sandy I hope these tests end for you soon. The tests are bad enough but then having to sit in all that traffic, I'd go bananas!

Me and another guy were all set to leave work early today, and wouldn't you know it, here comes the 5o'clock engine change. Out of all the guys that finished early and were sitting around, we were "selected" to start the engine change. I knew we were set up when the lead kept saying, oh sorry about your Friday, with a big smug grin on his face. Eh, I fully expected something like that.

Jamesbo I'm Presbyterian as well. In my church we had committees for everything. And, one main committee that presided over all the other committees.

Scot you beat me to it. A set of those SSII wheels would look nice on my V8 Corvair I could use a few more engines sitting in my front yard, too

Well I guess I'll get ready to hit the road. The dogs are going to the hoosegow. I'll be back early next week. Hope everyone has a nice weekend.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 07:45 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Likewise on the beautimus day ere

I also cannot stand traffic, I guess that's why I don't live in Hotlanta Every time I go up there I plan to arrive either before or after rush hour. I used to work up there, money was great but the traffic stunk!

Jamesbo is right about putting them wires in conduit, heck the squirrels have eaten all of the aluminum ties off of my new chain link fence So I went back with steel ones and dey can't eat threw them

Well yall have a great Saturday and a safe weekend
Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:39 AM

Scot, De guys name is Felton Lee. ringa bell???????????? I think he's from Byron
Old June 2nd, 2012, 09:39 AM
"Car"mudgeon

No, not right off. But I may know of him. Usually I'll recognize the face before the name especially if I've only heard the name once or twice.
Old June 2nd, 2012, 10:02 AM

Jamesbo, in de Army we call it volunteer or voluntold...which does you prefer? When I axe my keeid ta mow da lawn I use dat line sum times an he fine-ly figur'd out dat if he don't volunteer he's gonna get voluntold. I myself prefer the latter cuz den I ain't gotz to pay him $5 lol!