The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 18th, 2013, 10:29 AM
GM Enthusiast

Jamesbro - nine holes are better than none and a 42 is awesome. Too bad you could not finish the round, next time you'll have to turn your ringer off!

Scot - thanks, at least I am not missing a good weather day by being stuck inside.
Old March 18th, 2013, 10:51 AM

I read an interesting statistic de utter day. 86% of grave lots are sold " at need" Dat means all my sales efforts to get people to buy "preneed" are fer 14% of the people who beleive one of these days, they're gonna be horizonal.
Old March 18th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hmm, you mean 86% of em believe the only horizontal time is when they're sleepin or doin de hokey pokey? Call it lack of pre-planning.
Old March 18th, 2013, 12:41 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Allan R
Hmm, you mean 86% of em believe the only horizontal time is when they're sleepin or doin de hokey pokey? Call it lack of pre-planning.
Maybe there just optimistic.
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I like optimism....like just knowing you have willpower....

Old March 18th, 2013, 03:09 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Ewwww
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sorry Scot,
Y'all know that was just a frame up from a mud boggin right? Sure makes ya wonder though....
Old March 18th, 2013, 04:20 PM
"Car"mudgeon

LOL yeah I knew, it was just the mental picture
Old March 18th, 2013, 06:54 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
LOL yeah I knew, it was just the mental picture
x2.

Definitely made me laugh!
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:19 AM

Mawn'in all

chili but spose to warm up and be a pretty day down ere.

GTG to de big city after I mark a grave to be opened.

I'z gonna be on de radio. De is do'in an interview with me cause I own de ONLY state regulated Green Cemetery in Gawga. Hope I don't start to studder.

I'll let cha know when it's gonna aire. Might be a few weeks.

Have a great Tuesday Olds friends.
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:31 AM
Captain Starfire

mawnin', oldsmopeeps

A little cool front blew in overnight; down to a frigid 56* in da swamp dis mawnin'. Yesterday riding home on the concrete jungle (I-10), the car thermo registered 89*. And I think it's accurate. Spose to hit mid-70s today (except on I-10, where I'm sure it will exceed 80 easily again...). No cows in sight!

Po' little kitty is hanging in there; her prospective adoptive parent backed out, so I think it's to the shelter for the little booger this. Hate to do it. We're still being terrorized by the wild pigs on the property, and I think the girl is scared to death at night; she spends a lot of time under the deck, but also has been disappearing into the woods to ???

Dem pigs really rip things up in the yard. I'm just amazed that they've left my flower beds alone thus far; I'm bracing myself. If I were retired, I'd sit up all night until I popped 'em and would have my own private cochon de lait festival.

Be careful in the big city, Jamesbo; it's a (concrete) jungle out there. Please do let us know when the interview will air; we'll be up there right after Easter and maybe I can catch it.... or maybe it will be posted to the Web?

Y'all have a great Tuesday.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 19th, 2013 at 05:38 AM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:42 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning Jamesbo! And the rest of ya wherever you are....

Cold and crisp here, supposed to have some snow later on and tomorrow and the next day..... My God this is beyond old now.........

Another day in paradise here. Brian had a little fit yesterday afternoon because Clay was in Steve's office talking, so he wheeled himself over in his chair and slammed the door shut that seperates our space from Steves! I thought that was sooooo rude. It's all about him.... He opened it back up after about 25 minutes. I don't know how the man ever functioned in another office where there were people and a shop with noise, towmotors, overhead cranes, etc...... He likes it to be like a library. He 'can't concentrate', poor baby. He sets the tone of the whole place......

So I'm being as noisy as I can be without being obvious, lol. Pis* on him!!

I'm gonna call the Sheriff's office today and see when I can get an appointment for Larry and I to go apply for our ccw permit. He printed off the applications online, yesterday. It's $67 and it's good for 5 years. Larry is really anxious to get this all done. Don't know what his rush is, other than that's how he is....

Good luck, Jamesbo! I'm sure you'll do fine. Wish I could hear you, lol!

Well you all have a great day!
Old March 19th, 2013, 12:53 PM

what a pretty day. ya know de city fathers were kind enough to mark every [well almost every ] pot hole on W. Peachtree and Spring street with nice little squares of yeller paint. I'm not sure why they put squares around round pot holes put de do.
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:23 PM
"Car"mudgeon

That's so dey can brought a crew of 6-10 workers whilst one jerk-hammers the other seven or so holds up a shovel and/or traffic Most likely both
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Cutlass Lover

Pot holes are horrible around here!!! I wish it would just get warm and stay warm. We've been without computers here at work since about 11:30 this morning. Supposedly Houston has called Windstream and they are supposed to be here before 5.... I don't think they are gonna make it.
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Pot holes? Someone here called in to the roadways department and reported a pothole. It made the news.
Caller - I'd like to report a pothole
DOT - How big is it?
Caller - really big
DOT - We need to know how deep, how wide and how long
Caller - lets see it's about 10" deep...
DOT - Ok that's bad, and how big?
Caller - it goes from 17th street to 192 street and from 2nd AVE SW to 176AVE NW
DOT - That's pretty much the whole city sir!!
Caller - You got that right!

It warmed up today but another foot of snow expected on Thurs. I'm not sure where to put it.
Old March 19th, 2013, 05:21 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy group.

Got back a little before 5 this afternoon, took a quick shower and then got the dogs. Good trip but long.

Seems we had a hellacious hail storm yesterday. Saw a few things that didn't make me happy, but I'll wait until tomorrow to see just how bad it all is.

Tonight we're just going to relax and go to bed early. Tomorrow I will start with the catching up, after Awful house of course.

Hope everyone is well and had a good week.
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:12 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Still waiting for spring weather to kick in here. We had a couple of inches of snow last night before it rained today. I'm feeling better today but still under the weather.

Mike - Glad you made it home ok. Have to post some pictures of your adventures there. Afraid to ask how long you are jet lagged for.

Allan - that's funny. I'll have to call that in for NYC.

Sandy - Larry's anxious to get it done before the gov't changes its mind and takes it away.

Have a great evening everyone.
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:21 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy 1st day of spring all

I am so glad it's here and it's one of my favorite seasons. Kinda cool here this mawnin compared to the past few days but I am not complaining

Welcome back Mike Yep we had some storm the other night Lots of trees down, lots of lightning and wind but luckily no tornadoes that I am aware of. I bet the pups were going haywire I know mine were hiding under the bed

Don't forget the Perry Swapmeet & Carshow coming up on the 29th & 30th. www.perryswapmeet.com
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:45 AM

Mawn'in all

Cool an clear dis mawn'in but spose to hit 60 dis afternoon.

Welcome home Mike.

Scot, Let me ax ya sum'in. Ya know dat Maine coon cat dat I told my wife 500 times we couldn't keep. Well as usual she paid no attention to me. Problem is de SOB won't STFU. He makes dis wierd sound like sum'in outa Star Trek constantly. Are all of dem like dat?

Whilst, I was in de big city, I only saw a few govement werkers and not a one of dem had a shovel to hold dem verticle. I saw a crew of 6 mov'in 3 orange safety cones round but dat was 'bout it.

Have a great day Olds friends and enjoy de first day of spring.
Old March 20th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Happy spring! It's a balmy 24 degrees here right now, cloudy as usual, but the sun is trying to peek out.

The big Pileated woodpecker was at the suet this morning. I stood and watched it for a while. Then the friggin blackbirds swooped in and started acting like pigs, and it flew off. I can spend soooo much time just standing at the window and watching the birds, lol.

Our computers are back up and running at work this morning. They are printing a ton of stuff!!

I made my nephew a birthday cake last night, and some peanut butter fudge. I'll go and get Lin tonight and we'll go up to Jean's and have cake. Probably go to the Newton Falls DQ since they're open again, and have hot dogs w/ sauce. Yummm...

I made Larry and I an appt. at the Sheriff's office for Apr. 9th to get our permits. It must take a 1/2 hour each, cause I had to book 2 appointments back to back. I read the 36 page phamplet online last night, which is required. Guess we'll go to Walgreens and get passport pics taken.

Welcome back Mike! Hope you had a good time.

Darrell..... happy to hear you're feeling better.

Where's Jamesbo???

Clint's over on Facebook.

Well have a great humpday all!
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:28 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Yep Jamesbo my coon @$$ cat makes those noises 'Specially when it's bed time He usually get put in the garage where his box and food is now
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Boy was it nice sleeping in my own bed! We went to bed early and slept until 7 this morning.

So now I get to play catch up and find out all that I missed. I have a few emails that need attending to and of course laundry and mail and seeing what all has happened to the place in my absence.

Scot I probably won't make the swapmeet. I work Friday and Saturday is my first day off, but I doubt I will be coherent early enough to make it down there. Why do they have it on Friday and not Sunday?

Darrell I didn't take any pictures. I've been going there for so long I just don't think to take pictures anymore. The car show this year had 630 registered. Lots of nice stuff. I met the guy that is in charge of the whole thing, and he couldn't believe that I've been going for 10 years. He said that was some dedication to travel all that way just for the show. I said there's more to it than that but basically ya, that's what I do. Next year a few of us are going to spend a couple days in Sydney after the show and see what all is up there.

Well no Awful house for me. My neighbor wants to go to breakfast, around 1130, and I think I really need to cut back on two big breakfasts. I might go tomorrow, we'll see. They haven't seen me for over a week, a couple more days won't matter. Heck, they've probably forgotten all about me by now.

Have a great day everyone, it's looking like it wants to clear up here.
Old March 20th, 2013, 07:11 AM
"Car"mudgeon

I think Sunday is out this year because of 1 lack of attendance therefor lack of sales for not only the promoters but the venders as well and 2 we are in the Biblical belt somewhat

They let vendors start setting up on Thursday and by the time Saturday evening rolls around everyone has had their fill

They are filming yet another film in Maconga this spring, well some of it anywho. It is the movie Need For Speed based on the video game
http://www.13wmaz.com/life/entertain...April-in-Macon
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:20 PM
"Car"mudgeon

With all of the cat saving gwan on I figured this would be appropriate
Old March 20th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Scot - too funny brother!!
Old March 20th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Always room for one more

Good evening everyone.

Spent the afternoon cleaning out my gutters and my neighbor's, sweeping, and making a nice long list of things that the hail storm screwed up.

There's damage on my roof, as well as the gutters, a couple broken windshields, lots of dents, a broken mirror, and lots of paint damage. Most of it is insured. I'm going to call the insurance guy with the list tomorrow.

So! Prior to all this I had a great time in Australia. Flew Business Class to and from Sydney, which is wonderful. Lie-Flat seats, pillows, lots of food and anything I want to drink. Too bad I don't drink on the airplane(it gives me a headache). Had six of us in the group at the car show, had a nice big room to share, saw lots of excellent cars, the weather was beautiful. I wish I could go over there more than just once a year, but that is all I've been able to do so far. Maybe this year I can go in the fall.

Darrell I don't really get jetlag. I left Sydney in the morning and flew all day, and when I got to LA slept on the way to Atlanta. Got to bed early and today I was just fine.

Work tomorrow. Only two so that should work. I wonder what has changed since I've been gone. There's a couple things I can think might have, it's always a surprise getting back after being away for an extended time. Not always a good surprise.

Have a good night everyone, the week is half over.
Old March 20th, 2013, 08:31 PM
GM Enthusiast

Good evening everyone. Been a busy but a good day too. Had a phone interview for a job today and it sounds really promising. Hope it turns out to be something good because the job market here is well......

Mike - glad to hear you were back on track. I figured a long flight like that would have left you sleepy for a day or two.

Sandy - thanks! Did Larry take care of his business?
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:40 AM

Mawn'in all

Not real sho WTH happened to spring cause it's down right cold dis mawn'in

Scot, Dat looks like my house wit frigg'in cats everywhar ya turn

Mike, I shorted my Awful House Stock while you were gone. I'm gonna buy back long dis mawn'in.

Have a Great day Olds Friends
Old March 21st, 2013, 05:40 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Mawnin All

Whar's everyone at? Gonna be another beautimus day

Good luck Darrell on the job

I think I'll ride down to the shop and put some heads on the Mopar engine today.
Old March 21st, 2013, 06:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Had trouble with my wi-fi connection this morning and couldn't connect. Messed around with the darned thing all morning, finally got it to connect.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. It's a whole 14 degrees and snowing like crazy. I really hate it................

It got bad last night. Went up to Jean's for David's b'day. We were at the DQ in Newton Falls around 8:30 and it started snowing those huge big flakes. Covered the road in no time. Heading back this way all I could see were those friggin snow flakes, lol. The road was just white. Couldn't tell where the sides were or anything. I could only go about 45 mph. Closer we got to Ravenna, the lighter the snow was. But then we ran into another heavy band of it the other side of Ravenna, roads were slick. Anti locks kicked on a few times when I went to stop. I finally got home at 10:15. I was tired. Still am.

So we're having lovely spring weather here. It friggin sucks!!!!!

Darrell.... hope you get the job! I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

We're gonna go to Walgreens and get the little pics taken for our CCW permit, and we have an appt. on Apr. 9th to go apply at the Sheriff's office. They have 45 days to say yes or no.

I got a card from someone for a class action suit against Toyota for something. I gotta be looking it up online and see what it's about.

Well you all have a great day!
Old March 21st, 2013, 12:30 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

What a nice day for sleeping. Well, it would have been if the phone wouldn't ring and the doof down the street didn't ring the doorbell. Work tonight after being off 12 days. I figured I could lounge a little.

Beautiful day here. A little cool but the sun is out. I need to head to the grocery store and get all the things I used up before I left. I've been lucky enough that my neighbor has given me food the last couple days, but I need some stuff so off I go.

I was going to call the insurance company today but I don't have my list completed, so I'll call them next week. The agent is local so I'm sure he's got his hands full with other people.

Good luck Darrell. A new job sounds cool.

Just saw the price for a new transmission from the west coast Amphicar vendor is now $16,124. I've always thought his prices were a tad high on some things, but this is in crack-smoking territory. His arguement is, go find another one. Glad I got a spare when I bought my car.

Have you a good day, all.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:20 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite chili wit a little mist dis mawn'in.

Mike, i'd love to have an amphi but I'm wit choo. De get crazy prices fer what it is.

Scot, Dat Frigg'in Maine coon cat won't shut up. It makes tribble [as in Star Trek] sounds 24/7. Feed it or not, it's jes de same ole thing. It's driv'in me crazy.

Sandy, Keep the faith Spring is on it's way

Have a great Friday Olds friends
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:34 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin Olds Friends

A mite chilly this morning but we'll live Chance of the wet stuff floating around, at least it isn't snow. Sandy are you part of this lawsuit against the groundhog?

Jamesbo I know they are vera aggravating I have a video 'round here somewhar of that cat o' mine having a nightmare due to the pups outside barking and carrying on And da cat jes lays in the chair asleep and makes a God awful meeeeeeeoooooowwww meeeeeeeeoooooooowwwww

Anywho it's supposed to get up to 61* today and hopefully the wind has subsided to make a beautiful day before the rain arrives this weekend.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 05:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Happy Birthday, Clint!

Scot..... I'd like to shoot that stupid friggin groundhog, lol! It's 22 degrees and it's snowing....... what more can I say?? Supposed to get warmer for the weekend, but we have something coming in Sunday night and depending on which way it decides to go, we could get hit with icy snowy crap Sunday night into Monday. Talk about depressing.......

At least next week is a short week cause we have Good Friday off! AND BRIAN IS ON VACATION NEXT WEEK!!!! WoooooHooooooo..... no whining, complaining, talking.... I soooo need that break, lol. He's the nicest guy, but what a gurl....

So after Brian whining about wanting to go to the Oklahoma open house with Steve and Clay next month, and Steve sending the owner an email asking if he could go, and finally the owner saying yes he could go.... he's not going! He is going to be making sales calls the week following the open house, and making the trip to OK and coming back and heading out on the road will 'just be too much' for him. Good God....

Well Nicole's friend went back to Conneticut yesterday, so she is home once more. He seemed like a nice young man, but they all do. She has a 'working interview' at camp Bow Wow on Sunday. Hopefully they will like her and hire her. She needs to do somethin.....

They have such a muddy mess at the end of our street - and halfway up our street - from the bulldozers and dump trucks where they are digging that stupid pond or whatever it is.... Rt. 91 is mud for a half a mile.... I am not pleased!! This really isn't the time of year to be digging anything. These dump trucks are coming down our street and turning around in driveways - it's just an awful muddy mess. They had better be cleaning the roads when they are done with this crap. If Teepo gets muddy, I'll really be mad! Of course the way it's looking, she's not coming out until June, lol.

Well have a good Friday all.

Last edited by cutlassgal; March 22nd, 2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:28 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Lookout deer, crows and groundhawgs Sandy's gwan after her permit and she will Glock your @$$
Old March 22nd, 2013, 06:34 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Allan I know Graeme was designing you a house but this one is for you bud Even Pat could appreciate this one
Old March 22nd, 2013, 07:35 AM

Now that's my kind of house now all I have to do is convince my wife........................You always wanted a large front porch dear
Old March 22nd, 2013, 11:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well it's kinda boring on here today, now isn't it?? So did I mention several months ago about that guy that called here at work 'whispering' to me?? Well he called again a little while ago!! Same crap. He asked if I knew who this was? I said nope. Then I said, oh, didn't we play this game a few months ago? And he laughed. He asked me what I was doing. I said working. I put him on speaker phone and said 'speak up', lol. He wouldn't say anything. I went back on the line and said 'you're no fun'' lol. He said 'you're smiling'. I said of course I am, I'm laughing at you. You're funny. He asked 'who is there'? I said 'the usual.' Then he asked if I would be working if he had his hand on my thigh... I said ' I don't have time for this crap' and I hung up.

I think he's funny, not creepy, but it's just weird. I have no idea who it is. Could be one of my friends, could be someone at one of our shops, I dunno. Hard to tell a voice from a whisper. Whoever it is has too much time on their hands, lol. Oh well, a little excitement on a boring day, I guess!
Old March 22nd, 2013, 01:13 PM

Sandy, Did he sound anything like Blue?