The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2013, 05:02 AM

Mawn'in all

Cool mawn'ins but warmer dis afternoon

John, I heared de had sum twisters down in de swamp. Hope y'all are OK

Think I mite sneak off an smacky whitey 'round. It's too pretty to werk and spose to rain on Monday.

Sandy, I got new recipe fer tomato soil Equal parts 10-10-10 Epson salt and pellet lime. Spose to be GREAT

I'm gonna cut sum new growth from de Azaleas and root 'em. I lost a few over de years and I needs to replace dem

Welp, Have a great daY Oldsmobuds
Old April 25th, 2013, 05:24 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Thursday Mawnin All

Gonna be another beautiful spring day here with temps getting into the mid 70's

Good luck Darrell on your interview

Well it took us a few hours last evening but I now have one less vehicle in my herd

I think the daily driver needs new tars, you can almost see the air on two of them

They are filming the movie "Need For Speed" in Macon so I may go and watch a little bit of that. It should be pretty interesting. http://www.13wmaz.com/life/entertain...kes-Over-Macon

I hope everyone has a great Thursday
Old April 25th, 2013, 06:42 AM
Captain Starfire

Decent enough Thursday

Hola, Oldsmopals.... yesterday was pretty frenzied around here; no time for playin', but it sure makes the day fly by. Barely had time to choke down a few pinto beans & brown rice for lunch.

Good luck, Darrell! Keep us posted. (And I got the spelling right dis time .)

Jamesbo, have fun a'smackin' the white orb 2day. We did have horrendous weather yesterday. Here at work, it was one of dem blinding rains; thank goodness I didn't have to be on the road -- blowin' horizontal.

Tornados touched down in Metairie (not too far from my aunts, which used to be my parents' home) and Kenner (just west of Metairie).

The traffic signal at the corner of my aunts' home was dead, which made for some interesting antics at the intersection . It's the corner of Bonnabel and I-10, which is EXTREMELY busy. Half the folks just run right thru it; amazing there isn't one crash after another.

Weather much better today; a little chilly dis mawnin', but spose to reach about 70 today. Tomorrow is first day of Jazz Fest, and spose to hit near 80, w/ no wet stuff. Saturday'll be a tad warmer, and about 40% of the drops fallin' on Sunday.

Nice side arm, Sandy@! Always wanted a SEMI automatic (gotta' say dat 4 Jamesbo); but never did get one. Since I barely shoot my S&W .357 now, it's prolly not a wise investment for me.

Sorry about the progeny's motor, Clint. Yeah, I guess you really can't call 'em "junk" yards any more w/ prices like that. Could you put a liner in the cyl and even keep the same piston?

Y'all have a great one....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; April 25th, 2013 at 10:04 AM.
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

We had heavy frost here last night, temp was right at 32 when I got up this morning. It's supposed to be frosty again tonight. Sun is out though and we're getting up to 50 today. I sure don't remember it being this cold for this long so close to May for a long long time.... strange. Usually we're in the 50's and 60's through the month....

Well Nicole made it to NY yesterday. She texted me when the plane landed. Guess Devon was picking her up and taking her on to Conn. She was still alive last night when she texted, so that's a good thing.

Good luck with the interview, Darryl! Hope you get the job.

Clint.... hope your daughter's dog is ok!

Jamesbo... send me some cuttings, lol.

I can't believe that Clay told me to shut off the heat this morning!! It's chilly in here - comfy for me- though at 72 degrees in this office. It's 5 degrees cooler out at Clay's area. They have their heaters on of course. I think it stays cooler in here without all Brian's hot air....

I've been seeing a little bit of coolant laying on the bottom of the frame thing - I don't know what it's called - under Teepos radiator. I don't know if it's dripping out of the top hose or what. Everything feels dry when I run my fingers along things? It's not much coolant, which is good. I have those 'original' tower clamps on the hoses so I can't really crank on them to tighten them.... no wonder they did away with those things, lol.

Well you all have a nice day and enjoy your 70 degree temps.....
Old April 25th, 2013, 10:56 AM

Sandy..
Before you start it.. either before going to work.. or coming home.. check the coolant level. (you don't to open those hot) and make sure it is not down any.. if it is full. it isn't yours..

I am getting ready to tackle an engine tear down on my Suburban as right now it is only running on 7 of the 8 Cylindars..
Wish me luck.. both heads coming off and getting serviced as the problem is likely intake / valvue related.
Old April 25th, 2013, 11:11 AM

Sandy, I would send cha sum cutt'ins but Indica Azaleas won't live up dar in de frozen north.
Old April 26th, 2013, 04:16 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Hemi

Good morning all.

Boy am I beat. I worked on a 747 last night. Now, I don't know squat about a 747 but I was with another guy who didn't either so we learned together. I'm pretty pleased with the work we got done but that's one big mamma jamma. About 50 steps from the ground up to the cockpit and I did that about a dozen times. And everything on the outside needs a ladder to get to.

Looks like it's going to be another beautiful day. Rain's coming this weekend but I'll worry about that this weekend. Oh it's the weekend now. Well, whatever.

Hope everyone has a good day and enjoys the weekend.
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:11 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Scary weather John. Stay safe. Been sleeping better the past couple of nights. and the only thing that has changed is the missus is sleeping better. Don't tell her but I think she's the one keeping me up.

Sandy, I thought all cars were spose to leave their signature? Britney sure does.

Mike, My buddy used to work on a fleet of 27's and some of then were really old. It's amazing how long they will last. Some of them were from the late 60's.

Good luck Jeff. Holler if you get stuck.

Scot, Admit it. That is a fine lookin Ferd.

Well, We went to the bone yard to pull the plugs and scope the cylinders on the motor the kids buying. looks like a well taken care of motor, and they are throwing in an A/C compressor with the deal. She's going broke driving my truck to and fro.

Well, got my service manual in the mail yesterday for the Case. Maybe on Sunday I can fire up the Hotsy and clean it up and start getting a parts list.

Have a great Friday all.
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:30 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili again dis mawn'in but spose to warm up before de cow arrives on Saturday. Dis has been one of the coolest springs I can bermember.Wish I'd planted sum brocolli. It mighta made it w/o bolting dis year.

Mike, I flew back from Hawaii one time in de upstairs bar of a 747 and dis dude recited Robert Service non stop from Hawaii to LA.

" A bunch of boys were whooping it up in the Malamute Saloon......."
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:34 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin All

Kinda cool start to a wonderful day with the high supposed to reach 78* F

Alright Clint I do admit the paint scheme and body panels really make that supercharged Ferd Berfle pop There it was painful but I said it

Got new shoes on the Tahoe but they found a bad idler arm and pitman arm So now I need to see if this is something I want to tackle I have the Haynes manual but it doesn't show much.

Tomorrow I get to took the bro-in-law to S Carolina. The nieces car is acting up and we have to tow it back to the mechanic that did the head work.

Well I hope everyone has a great Friday and a safe weekend
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all....

Very nice a.m. down here in da' swamp... about 55* and fairly dry; spose to be a textbook day for Jazz Fest; dares gonna' be sum burnt shoulders & noses (as well as other exposed body parts) today. Sure ain't goin', but I could be tempted, since Dr. John and George Benson are among the headliners. I've seen Dr. John on multiple occasions, and "The Night Tripper" (as he's known locally) is quite an entertainer.

Glad to hear you're sleeping better, Clint... whatever the reason.

Get some good rest tonite, Mike.

Well, y'all pass a good weekend, Oldsmobuddies.
Old April 26th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny and cold here. Temps at 35 degrees and we had more frost overnight.
Supposed to get into the 50's today, and weekend is looking nice, so I can go out and work in the yard some.

Jamesbo... I was looking at broccoli the other day and thought about getting some to plant. I don't know yet... I might try some lettuces in containers. I was listening to a show on the radio this morning about lettuce. I saw a rabbit out in the back yard this morning, so they're on the prowl now....

Well it's my last day of peace and quiet and being comfy in here. The week sure did fly by! Clay shut off the heat at 8:30. Brian won't be doing that, lol. He's not very tough.... it's a very comfy 72 in here, but Brian would be freezing... It's been so nice not to hear the clacking keys on his keyboard as he types emails 8 hrs a day. It was a nice break.

So.... the guy behind me this morning as I was driving to work, is using an electric razor and shaving as we're going down the road!! When we got to a red light, I just stared at him in the mirror. He's running that razor over and over his face, then feeling his face with his hand, then shaving some more. I wanted to get out, walk back and say WTF??? And we worry about kids on cell phones..... idiot!

Clint.... Teepo leaves her little oil drips everywhere we go, lol! This little bit of coolant is caught on the bottom radiator frame tray like thing. Coolant level is up, so I'm not gonna worry about it. I probably should carry some regular old hose clamps with me in case she ever blows a hose or something. She has those Fusick GM hoses on her that are 3 years old now. Ya never know!

Ole psycho Charlie was in the area last weekend. I guess Nicole saw him for a few hours on Saturday. He told her that he's paying that collection agency for that back rent on the apartment. I hope he is. The last letter she got was in January saying that it would be the last letter she would receive because they were turning it over to their attorney's. So she might not find out for sure if it's paid until she goes to apply for credit or something. I hope that doesn't happen. Charlie is now part of the 101st Screaming Eagles Airborne, stationed in Fort Campbell KY right now.

Well I guess I should do something, so you all have a great Friday!!
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:03 AM

Sandy, down ere it would be too late to plant brocolli, When it get hot the buds flower [bolt] and turn turn yellow. I sued to plant it the first pretty day in March and keep my fingers crossed that we didn't have a hot spring.

De trouble I have wit lettuce is de snails/slugs munch on it.
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:14 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Put shallow saucers of cheap beer near the lettii, da snail & slugs cannot resist a good bender
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:15 AM

Sandy,

Unless Nicole signed the lease and her name was on it. They can't touch her.
From what I remember when the whole situation started.. it was his place to begin with. She is most likely Free from responsibility. that is unless she did infact put her name on the lease lets hope she didn't. the complex may be trying to "scare" her into paying.
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Cutlass Lover

It must be ok to plant Broccoli here now Jamesbo, since they have the plants out, and it's never gonna get warm anyhow, lol. I might try a bunch or two. I didn't know it flowered.... How long does it take before you can pick it and cook it? I don't even know how to pick it, lol.

The lettuce, I was going to try in containers instead of in the ground. I put slug/snail killer stuff around my plants last year in my garden. It looks like sawdust or something. I've heard of the beer trick, lol!! Drunken snails....

Yeah, unfortunately Nicole did sign the lease on that old apartment. I told her NEVER do that!!! So she would be held accountable.....
Old April 26th, 2013, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Yeah, unfortunately Nicole did sign the lease on that old apartment. I told her NEVER do that!!! So she would be held accountable.....
not fun.. hope he actually stands up and keeps his commitment.
Old April 26th, 2013, 10:17 AM

George Jones passed away. Wonder if "No show Jones " will show up at the golden gates
Old April 26th, 2013, 10:57 AM
CQR

I wonder if Tammy is waiting with open arms or holding a rolling pin.
Old April 26th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Cutlass Lover

Lol!
Old April 27th, 2013, 06:42 AM

Good Morning everyone.

Car show season here officially starts today. A new indoor show is on this weekend. I'm just going to go as a spectator but should be a good show. Cruise nights start at the beginning of May

The Delta is out and I hope to start working on the Cutlass soon.

Shaving while he's driving? Wow!

Scot, looking at the pic, I wonder if the roof is painted black... or if they put stripes on one of those glass roofs But it is a nice car.
Old April 27th, 2013, 08:15 AM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

Originally Posted by CQR
I wonder if Tammy is waiting with open arms or holding a rolling pin.
You never know, they always sang about it being a Two Story House!

Adam
Old April 27th, 2013, 08:16 AM

Mawn'in

De cow's visit'in de mountains dis mawn'in

Scot, I gots sum sausage fro Striplings in de fridge. Gonna chow down tomorrow on it

Sandy, I'm mak'in a killer squash caserol. Got de recipe from aunt Fanny's Cabin.

Enjoy your weekend Oldsmopals
Old April 27th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
.. coolant is caught on the bottom radiator frame tray like thing.
Ah hah! Always wondered what the technical term for that was.... Mind if I quote that from time to time?

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
De trouble I have wit lettuce is de snails/slugs munch on it.
Jim, believe it or not all them useless pennies you've been collecting? put 3 around each plant. Snails and slugs are repelled by the metal content for some bizarre reason. It does work. Had slugs last year trying to eat my beans. Put down pennies and they deterred the slugs. Later in the year I turned over a couple huge boulders I had in the flower bed and found at a dozen + slugs under each one. They all went swimming wit de fishes. Kept checking dem boulders every 2nd day till I was slugged out. Left de pennies in the ground when it was turned over. Makes the ground more valyable.

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Put shallow saucers of cheap beer near the lettii, da ...slugs cannot resist a good bender
LOL. You talkin about de pests dat crawl or de ones on 2 feet? Hmm, nebber mind - dey're both the same when it comes to cheap beer and benders....
Old April 27th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

It was a gorgeous day here today. Sun and 75 degrees!! I put on shorts and a tank top and was outside all day.

Got the roses all trimmed back, which took hours, lol. I schleped all the flowers and plants out of the breezeway and back on to the deck again - just so I can schlep them back in next week when our temps are supposed to drop again. Larry mowed the yard all except in the back where it's too wet. I planted the green bean and green pepper seeds in the seed starter thingys. Larry went and bought bags of dirt and manure and put on my garden plots to get them ready.

The tulips are opening! I haven't seen them in years cause the damned deer usually eat the buds, lol. They're sooo pretty!! I got the breezeway all swept out too. It was just a great day to be outside.

Tomorrow we're supposed to have rain, so I'll do some house cleaning. We're going to go to the shooting range sometime too, so I get to try out my Glock! I'm looking forward to it!

Wonder where Adrian has been? Haven't heard from him in forever....

Well you all have a great evening!
Old April 27th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Don't know what happened but I've been sick as a dog the last couple days. I felt fine when I went to bed yesterday morning, but when I woke up I could barely function. Called in to work last night and tonight. My neighbor made me some chicken soup so I hope that helps.

No rain here, haven't heard a forecast so I don't know if it's still coming. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if it bypassed us.

Okay back to bed. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Old April 28th, 2013, 08:28 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Sunday Mawnin All

Looks like it's gonna be a nice day as long as the rain stays away.

Originally Posted by car_designer
Scot, looking at the pic, I wonder if the roof is painted black... or if they put stripes on one of those glass roofs But it is a nice car.
Good eyes and great question Paul Here is more pics from the filming http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/art...Need-For-Speed
Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Scot, I gots sum sausage fro Striplings in de fridge. Gonna chow down tomorrow on it
Yummy I am hooked on M & T meats now though
Originally Posted by slantflat

Don't know what happened but I've been sick as a dog the last couple days. I felt fine when I went to bed yesterday morning, but when I woke up I could barely function. Called in to work last night and tonight. My neighbor made me some chicken soup so I hope that helps.
Get well soon Mike.
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:35 AM

Howdy

De cow's still up ere in de mountains.

Mike, sorry you're feel'in poorly.

Scot, I really like dat sausage dis mawnn'in hadn't any Moultrie sausahe in years.

Sandy, Be sure to add sum Epson salt to your maters dis year.

GTG see ya in de mawn'in Olds friends
Old April 28th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Sunday everyone.

Thanks you guys, I feel a lot better today. I'll blame this on work. Airplanes are dirty, grungy beasts and there's no telling what lurks on them. The dogs woke me up around 3 this morning when it started raining, and I felt better then.

Along with my malaize, my waterbed decided to spring a leak so I got to sleep on the couch last night. It's just this itty bitty spot, which could have been caused by any number of things. I'll get some RTV or something and fix it right up. The couch wasn't bad but I wouldn't want to make a habit of it.

Not a bad looking day out, no rain since about 4 and it's overcast. I -think- it's supposed to clear up for the next few days.

I think I'll take a nap now. Have a good one everyone.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ted phoned this morning. Jeanne passed quietly in her sleep yesterday evening.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Captain Starfire

Top o' the afternoon, Oldsmopeeps

Had pretty good wet stuff for a while, but dry now; expected to return this afternoon.
Glad you're feeling a tad better, Mike.
Bought 10 lbs of boiled crawfish Friday and we ate most of them for supper; they were fab... I peeled the leftover ones and the better half made an omelette with the tails dis mawnin', with spinach, onions, and cheese .... could just have been the best omelette I've ever eaten. Especially with my home-made biscuits and hashbrowns.
And mama mia, dat's a spicy crawdad tail~! We bought 'em from a place called B&J Seafood, which was originally in St. Bernard Parish, but moved to Hammond after Katrina. Sure lucky to have 'em up here now...
Y'all have a great resto'weekend, Oldsmofolks.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:39 AM

So Sorry for your loss Allan

With rue my heart is laden
For golden friends I’ve had

For many a rose-lipt maiden
And many a lite-foot lad

By brooks to broad for leaping
The lite foot boys are laid

The rose-lipt maids are sleeping
In fields where roses fade.
Old April 28th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Always room for one more

Allan I'm so sorry. May God rest her soul.

Well no nap for me. Right after I said I thought the rain was done, it started raining, replete with thunder. So my two fearless defenders are trying to crawl into my pockets.
Old April 28th, 2013, 01:06 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Allan send Ted our condolences and tell him our thoughts and prayers go out to him. Sad so sad
Old April 28th, 2013, 01:35 PM
"Car"mudgeon

If the rain will hold off, I am about to learn my bro-in-law how to made some sho-nuff lo country boil Yummy. I got da shrimp, da crawfish, da red potatoes, da corn, da vidalia onion and some of M & T's finest smoked sausage this side of the big water
Old April 28th, 2013, 01:58 PM

Scot, I checked de mail box. My invitation musta gotten lost in de mail
Old April 28th, 2013, 02:02 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Nope, all my Oldsmopals have a standing open invite 24/7/365
Old April 28th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Captain Starfire

So sad for your loss, Allan. May Jeanne be lifted by the sweet chariot to life eternal.... My prayers and thoughts are with you, her, and the family.
Old April 28th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Rainy all day today, temps in the 50's. Just dank and ugly.

Sorry to hear about your friend's wife, Allan R. That's sad.

Hope you're feeling better, Mike!

Scot... they always make that 'boil' at the open houses we go to for work. Our owner loves that stuff. He buys only the best shrimp and stuff to put in it. I wouldn't eat it. The only thing I ate was some taters out of it, lol. I'm just not in to those craw crabs...... Guess they eat that stuff a lot in Houston, Clay said.

We went to the shooting range today for an hour. I bought me a speed loader to load the magazine. A guy in a booth beside us let me use his, and it was slick!! Pops those shells in like nothing, lol. Saves the wear and tear on my thumbs, lol. I didn't shoot too bad. I have a hard time with these friggin tri focals.....

Came home and ran the sweeper and cleaned the bathrooms. Larry made a roast for supper. It was yummy.... Got the laundry done and clean sheets put on the bed.

Brian will be back tomorrow. Steve is off though, so that will be nice. It's supposed to be a warm week - in the 70's now they're saying, so Brian will roast me out no doubt. Hopefully it won't rain on Thursday for Bellacino's opening night. I'm gonna leave at noon so I can get Teepo all cleaned up and ready to roll, and get there early enough to get a parking space.

Well you all have a great night!!
Old April 28th, 2013, 09:20 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hi all. The interview went very well. So much so, I have another one on Monday! I figured that, at this point, I have about 6 hours+ into this process. (Online applications, questionnaires, phone screenings and actual face to face interviews) If all goes well on this one, I believe there is one more after this. No pressure right? Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'll have to update you all after tomorrow.

Made it to Spring Carlisle on Saturday. The place was full of vendors, much more than last year. Even got to say hi to Joe P.

Hope everyone had a great weekend.