The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 11th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Monday's aren't supposed to be sad; so I can only hope that Dan's wife is in a better place and enjoying her afterlife. I'm sure Dan and Jesse will miss her terribly. Loss is never an easy pill to swallow

Those we love are never really lost to us, we feel them in so many special ways
Through friends they always cared about and dreams they left behind, in beauty that they added to our days...
In words of wisdom we still carry with us and memories that never will be gone...
Those we love are never really lost to us - For everywhere their special love lives on.
A. Bradley
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Always room for one more

Happy evening everyone.

The rain is here now. It didn't start raining in earnest until around 5 this evening. It started to spit rain a little on my way back from Marietta.

So I went to the Australia Bakery. Nice place. Would be a nice place to go for something different once in a while. Drove past the Big Chicken on my way. That place always cracks me up. For all the hoopla people make of it it isn't really very large.

Scot I never would have thought about vacationing in Australia until I took a liking to one of their muscle cars. I joined a club and the president talked me into coming over to a show. That's where I met some people and I've been going over every year since to see those people. Funny thing is the first guy I went to stay with I don't see anymore. Nice place, and if you ask me the Aussies are a lot nicer than we are.

Me and My Arrow was the tune Chrysler used to advertise the Plymouth Arrow in the 70s. Wasn't there an Arrow truck as well?

I just have a few little things to tie up and I'm ready to take off. Literally. I think it's going to be an early night, as tomorrow will be a long couple of days. Again, literally.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old March 11th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

What a great tune!
Old March 11th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

LOL Mike!!
I just read through your signature line!!! You forgot: 1996 Oldsmobile High Saturn
Old March 11th, 2013, 08:43 PM

My condolences to Dan and his family.

---------------------------------------

Good Evening everyone.

Today was a beautiful day in Ottawa. Not very sunny, but a high of about 7*C and the snow is still melting.

Tonite was bowling night. I had a good night, bowling 194 (scratch) in my last game, which is 54 pins over average. Luckily it's late enough in the season that it won't be affecting my average much.

Sandy, I know how you feel about Tincanio. The Mustang is looking almost white from driving on the salty roads.

Have a fun and safe trip Mike.

Have a good week everyone.
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:41 AM

Mawn'in all

Pat,

So sorry to hear about Dan's wife. I know she'd been ill for a while. Didn't you buy your car from him?

Is Jesse still over seas?

For you newcomers, Dan is the one who really got this site going. He also [in a weak moment] made me a mod.
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:42 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Tuesday Mawnin All

Whelp Mr. Weatherman got confused again. Said yesterday we would only get 1/4" of the wet stuff, yeah right more like 1 1/4" It rained here from 5:30 pm - 2:00 am or so. I guess the more the merrier due to the last few years of droughts depleting the reservoirs and aquifers.

John I never jumped on the napster bandwagon, but I am able to extract Mp3 songs from various places to use on my iPod I just swear by my iPod anything that small ~ 2 1/2" x 4 1/4" X 1/4" and only the 8 GB holds 800 + songs and a few good apps is way plenty for me. It's like replacing 80 albums, cds, cassettes or 8 tracks.
Old March 12th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Captain Starfire

Good Tuesday to the Oldsmophriends.... nice, dry, brisk mornin' in the swamp. Was 39* w/ very low humidity on the N. Shore. Spoze to be just a gore-joo-us day here today.

Mike, hope you have a safe trip back. Yep... I'd have forgotten that commercial for the Arrow had you not refreshed my memory.... And yeah, I remember the Arrow pickup--> Plymouth version of the "original" Dodge Ram p/u (Mitsubishi). We had all those at Star Chrysler when I worked there in '78 and '79. Too bad the Arrow cars didn't have a little more room. I could barely shoehorn my big frame behind the wheel, and my head pushed against the headliner. Made me feel like Dino going to the drive-in.

Do you remember the "Fire Arrow"? It had the 2.6 4-cyl. that propelled the little car pretty good. They were all white, if memory serves correct.

Originally Posted by slantflat
Happy evening everyone.
Me and My Arrow was the tune Chrysler used to advertise the Plymouth Arrow in the 70s. Wasn't there an Arrow truck as well?
Yeah, Scot, dem I-Pods are sumpin'.... I had one and just couldn't get in the habit, and my wife confiscated it from me and used the daylights out of it.

Thanks for posting, Allan! It certainly never sounded that good on my little GE transistor radio. Harry's style reminds me so much of the Beatles, & especially Paul; prolly why I liked him so much. Very musical, innovative, & creative.

Y'all have a great day.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 12th, 2013 at 06:01 AM.
Old March 12th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy and a little drizzly rain this morning. Temps dropping and supposed to get some snow. It's in the 30's now.

Another quiet day in here. I miss Clay when he's off.

Mike.... have fun on your trip!

John..... did ya catch the kitty yet?

Paul..... Oh it would hurt my heart to see that new car covered in salt, lol!

BigJerrr put a nice St. Patty's day pic of Teepo on Facebook, lol! She's soooo pretty!

Boy my jaw has been hurting clear down into my neck the last few days. Dammmmm this TMJ crap! I know eventually it will have to be operated on, but I just really can't afford any more bills right now. I've been trying not to chew much. I'm still paying on the MRI I had done on the jaw last April! Still owe over $700. So I guess I'll live with it until the disk breaks or whatever. I've been putting my heating pad on the jaw in the evenings with moist heat. It helps.

Well not a lot goin on, so you all have a good day! Where's Clint been???
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:05 AM
NOVICE car nut

if you ask me the Aussies are a lot nicer than we are.
WE ?

Originally Posted by Allan R.
Me and my Arrow What a great tune!
Thanks .... It's your fault if this song is stuck in my head all day ! Actually that song kind of reminds me of the Beatles or Air Supply or something .

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Boy my jaw has been hurting clear down into my neck the last few days. Dammmmm this TMJ crap!
I hope you have the same luck I did .... Mine just went away on it's own one day .

Last edited by oldsguybry; March 12th, 2013 at 07:17 AM.
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Captain Starfire

Sandy: we pet, hold, & feed the little munchkin at least twice a day... more on weekends. We have a possible lead on a home for her; we're keeping our fingers crossed.... a friend of a lady that works with the better half just lost hers, and we think she's "in the market."
That little thing has really set up shop under our deck!

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 12th, 2013 at 07:35 AM.
Old March 12th, 2013, 07:45 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Thanks for the well wishes for my trip. I thought it would be a good trip but now that I've read something on facebook and haven't reposted it, I will have a bad week.

So since it's been so nice out the last couple days I turned the furnace off. Over night it got down to the 30s and it got cold in the house. When that happens the smoke detector starts chirping. It doesn't have a battery in it, it's hard-wired into the house. Well my boy gets freaked out by the chirp and he crawled into bed with me, something he doesn't usually do. But of course he can't just cuddle, he has to sprawl out in the middle. And once he was safe with me he didn't care about the chirping and went right to sleep, replete with snoring and leg kicking. Eh, I didn't need to sleep anyway.

John I don't really remember the Arrow first hand, as I was just a kid in the 70s. I'd go to the auto show with my Dad every year, knew every model, sang all the jingles, but now 30+ years later a lot of that has escaped me. In the 70s my Dad drove AMC products and my Mom drove a Mazda RX4 wagon.

Bryan that was a non-subjective "we." Only the Australians could get away with calling everyone mate. Maybe we should call everyone friend when we talk to them.

Allan I felt bad that out of all the cars I have only two of them are Oldsmobiles, and one of those is gonna get cut up. The High Saturn was the first one I had, but it rotated out. Now that you noticed I'll have to do something different.

Okay got a few more things to do before I go. Have a good week everyone and I'll try to check in sometime but otherwise check you all next week.
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Pat,

So sorry to hear about Dan's wife. I know she'd been ill for a while. Didn't you buy your car from him?

Is Jesse still over seas?

For you newcomers, Dan is the one who really got this site going. He also [in a weak moment] made me a mod.

No I didn't buy my 48 from Dan. I stopped and met Dan when he lived in Lee's Summit MO when I was bringing my 48 home from Oklahoma. Great guy. Jesse was in Afghanistan when his mom died. Last I heard he was on his way home should be there by now. Yeah the Mods started with you and me if I remember correctly
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:06 AM
NOVICE car nut

Bryan that was a non-subjective "we." Only the Australians could get away with calling everyone mate. Maybe we should call everyone friend when we talk to them.
Agreed .
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:07 AM
NOVICE car nut

Sorry , didn't mean any disrespect ...... My condolences to Dan and his family.
Old March 12th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well, I just heard The Lime In De Coconut, lol! I really enjoyed it. I haven't heard that in years. I have an oldies station on. Now it's stuck in my head...

That sure is a pretty cat, John! I hope the lady takes it!

Bryan... Thanks for the thoughts, but I doubt that my TMJ goes away. According to the MRI and the oral surgeon I saw last year, the little disk thing in my jaw is practically nil. They can put a fake disk in there, but I'm gonna hold off as long as possible...... When I open my mouth, it just automatically goes to the right, which is the affected side. It hasn't hurt much in the past year, but all of a sudden it's starting.
Old March 12th, 2013, 09:04 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Mike before the renovation of my rental my little companion would follow me eagerly over there to scope out the place and to make sure no varmints or snakes had taken up residence but when I renovated my rental it included taking out the 9 v battery in the smoke detector in exchange for a new one. Well I didn't have a spare and it chirped like that for a day or so until I went out and bought one. It must have traumatized the little booger because to this day if I walk over there she'll follow me about half way and high-tail it back home Poor little doggy was also traumatized when we went on vacation and set the house alarm to "stay" and apparently she set off the motion detector and the house alarm sounded for a bit until we got a call from the alarm company and they turned it off before notifying the police. When the sister-in-law came to feed and water the animals happy go lucky Bailey was hiding under the couch still shaking from the loud house alarm Oops

Yeah John it took me a bit to get accustomed to the iPod myself but being able to work with it at the good ole postal facility helped me through the crazy hours and I learned quickly to put what I liked on it instead of my daughters music from iTunes
Old March 12th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Which one do you see?

Last edited by Allan R; March 12th, 2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:32 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Allan R
Which one do you see?

You lost me Al Am I missing something?
Old March 12th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ah thang I got er fixed Scot... Sorry bout dat!
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Captain Starfire

Top o' the mornin' to you, Oldsmofriends. Another beautiful one down here in the swamp. 40 N. Shore, 50-something, S. Shore. Left my jacket in the car; nice, brisk walk into the building . Not too windy, so not bad.

Podiatrist for me Monday, dentist yesterday.... I'm tryin' to keep from fallin' apart. Teeth are a bit sensitive after two fillings; but at least breakfast this morning is better than the meal I tried to chew last night --> what a mess -- I needed a bib.

Looking forward to the weekend, during which I have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING planned ; just the normal catching-up, cleaning chores, and lollygagging.

Nuttin' new on the kitty; haven't heard back from that lady, which may not be a good sign....

Have a great Humpity-Hump, friends. Lotsa' work, so let me get at it.
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:26 AM

Mawn'in all

Cool wit a little frosty on de pumpkin dis mawn'in.

John, I gots to go to de big city to de perodontist today.

Allan, Dat second kitty looks alot like Alfalfa to me.

Sandy, De weather Dude says, Y'all is getting snow dis mawn'in Drive safely.

I'm fight'in gett'in a "smart phone" cause it takes me so long to figger out how to use it. Any suggestions from my Olds friends?

Have a great day. GTG de big city awaits dis poor cracker.
Old March 13th, 2013, 05:52 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Happy humpin day Oldsmofriends

Yep a bit of a nippy start here but it should fair up nicely "in directly" as my Granny used to say

Jamesbo it's funny you said Alfalfa because I was thinking Froggy with the round glasses Bout the smartphone I am no help and would prolly skip it out across the nearest pond

Sandy are you on the CST or EST (time zone)? Yes that is a way cool pic of Teepo, you oughta post it up for everyone to see
Old March 13th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cold and snowy this morning. Temps in the 30's. We had a snow storm this morning, it coated the yards and roads. It was a little slickery driving in to work. Looks like the sun is trying to peek out now. Hope it makes it!!

Been a little crazy here this morning. I'm tired of listening to Brian talk. He brought his lunch AGAIN today..... there's no getting away from his whiney *** this week, lol. Only when I take my walk. And that's not long enough. He's really been on my last nerve these few weeks for some reason.....

He cranked the heat up, he has Clay's heater on under Clay's desk out there... every time I go out to check Clay's email, I turn it down. I've had my fan on since I came in. I'm sick of his "it's all about me" attitude.

I heard this morning that Brian will be going to the Oklahoma open house with Steve and Clay in April. I wanna go! I'm tired of it being a 'boy's club' around here and they just friggin forget about me. There are 4 people here now..... I'm gonna send an email to the owner and see if I can go. All he can do is say no.

Enough bit*hing I guess..... just one of those mornings.

Scot... Ohio is Eastern time. I don't know how to post Teepo's pic over here.

Nicole said she has no class next week.....? Her externship starts the 25th, they have to get in 18 hrs. a week for the next 10 weeks I guess. I don't quite understand the no class next week, so I sent an email to her instructor and asked. Seems pretty convenient to me that she has a 'friend' from facebook coming to town tomorrow, and no school next week? I ain't buying it just yet. Of course she plans on staying with this 'friend' the whole time he is here...... Don't know what excuse she plans on giving Larry and I about where she is going to be. God I don't know how she turned out like she has. Lying.... staying with strangers.... going off to meet strangers.... no wonder I have friggin heart problems!!!!

I got a headlight for the Intrigue last night. Tonight I will pull the light and try to get the old bulb out of there. This is the strangest 'headlight' I have ever seen! And I'm told not to touch the bulb part with my fingers..... I hate newfangled crap. I sure hope I can get my hand in that hole far enough to get the old bulb out. It's never as simple as 'just twist and remove', lol.

Well I guess I'll get my grumpy self off of here.... have a great day all!
Old March 13th, 2013, 07:59 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Here ya go

Took me a minute but I figured it out
Old March 13th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Captain Starfire

Hol

Good luck with the perio, Jamesbo. There's only one thing worse than somebody workin' in yer mouth, so I won't complain too loudly....

Funny you should mention the phone thing: I couldn't go the smart phone route; I'm not that much into having to have every "ap" in civlilzation and data coming and going 24/7. However, I like having my cell and enjoy texting just as much as the next guy; so Monday I ordered a $30/month pre-pay plan from Straight Talk that gives you 1000 minutes and 1000 texts per month (way more than I'll ever use) + 30 megs (not gigs!) of data should I ever need to get some directions, info, etc. while on the road.

With this I ordered a $20 (refurbished/like new) phone (same order, from ST) w/ slide-out QUERTY keypad, like I love. It's Web compatible, so I can get on the Web when I need to. And it's small enough to put in your top pocket.

So for no contract and only $55 to get started including tax & shipping, I'm in like Flynn. The phone will use the Verizon network, which works great at home and in Hiawassee. I'll set up the auto pay, but if I don't like it, I can quit whenever I want and only be out $20.

For me, it's perfection.

Here's the phone.

HTH.
Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I'm fight'in gett'in a "smart phone" cause it takes me so long to figger out how to use it. Any suggestions from my Olds friends?

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; March 13th, 2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old March 13th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks Scot!! Isn't she just soooooo pretty?
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Cutlass Lover

This day just friggin sucks.
Old March 13th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Captain Starfire

Sorry it bites so bad, Sandy. Try to salvage a piece of it! Look for the good --> think of how bad your tummy felt just a couple months back. Don't let the 8a$+aRdz get you down....
Old March 13th, 2013, 12:24 PM

I Baaaaaaaaaaaak.

Geese Louise, ya'd think one turned over car on de Alpharetta Autobaun would be enough. Took me 1 1/2 hours to get to Chambodia. I had 1 stop there before my dentist in Butthead.

BUT all 6 lanes were shut down.

Have I mentioned how much I hate Hotlanta traffic. And dis was at 10 in de mawn'in.
Old March 14th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

We have sun this morning, temps in the 20's. Supposed to be a nice day, just not warm, lol.

Brian is already BS'ing with someone on the phone. God I'm tired of his voice already. He brought his friggin lunch again. If he wouldn't talk so much, he wouldn't have to eat here. Talk about your lack of time management skills..... But he has to tell everyone 'how busy' he is, how many quotes he has piled on his desk, he loves sympathy!!

I didn't go home last night until late. Went from here to Macedonia and killed some hours looking around in stores. I'm fed up with Larry and his attitude too. I think I need to just get out of here for awhile. Haven't had a vacation since 2007.

Guess Nicole survived the night with her new 'friend'. Her class is heading to the Cleveland Zoo today. Hope she took her big coat, but I'm sure she didn't. Then no one could see how skinny she is now, and we can't have that! I hope they have fun.

Well you all have a good day.
Old March 14th, 2013, 05:47 AM

Mawn'in all

Kinda chili down ere. My tootsies got cold on my mawn'in walk wit Red Dog.

Sandy, Why not take a vacation an meet John an me down ere in de mountains. Course ya mite miss a car show or 2. But we'd fatten ya up.

I'm starv'in, Mite take Mike's lead an head to de Awful house.
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Captain Starfire

Gotta' get better... !

Nice day again here in the swamp, Oldsmobuddies. Was 36 dis mawnin' and it's up to mid-50s here on S. Shore already.

Sandy, come on down. If you get bored, I can ask you to corral the kitties to put them in their carriers.... That'll make you forget anything else that's been bothering you...

Y'all have a great one.... sliding in toward the weekend....
Old March 14th, 2013, 08:38 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Here ya go

Took me a minute but I figured it out
Man , that's awesome !
Old March 14th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Turdsday.
Really that's what I think of it. Woke up this morning and it friggen -26 with windchill. Friggen Turdsday I tell ya.
Old March 14th, 2013, 07:40 PM

Good evening everyone.

Spring has left the area. The temps have dropped, and we had snow overnight. Snow a couple more times over the next week. It was nice while it lasted.

Teepo is famous again!
Old March 15th, 2013, 05:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili dis mawn'in but spose to be beautimus weekend could hit de 60's [den rain on my golf day]

WTH is Sandy?

Didn't know if dis had made de rounds yet. If ya wanta see a car salesman pee in his drawer watch dis.

Have a GREAT weekend Olds friends
Old March 15th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Happy Friday! Thank God.... another day and I'd have to kill someone, I think! It's cloudy again and cool, temps at 30 degrees. We have rain/snow mix coming in later and tonight, I guess.

The bright spot of my week was going out last evening and walking around the yard looking at the beautiful crocus that are blooming, and seeing the buds on the daffodils. I can't wait to pick them and smell them. The sun was shining and it was just nice to walk around. The magnolia trees are starting to bud.... maybe by June spring will be here, lol. The big Pileated woodpecker was out at the suet again, too! God that thing is big and beautiful. I scared it though, when I came around the corner of the house and it flew off. The friggin red winged black birds and other pain in the a$$ black birds have wiped out the bird feed. They attack it and the suet in droves! My poor Cardinals were looking for sunflower seeds, and the feeder was empty. I don't like those flying pigs....

What a week! I am soooo glad it's Friday. Brian had the temp cranked in here yesterday. I had my fan on all day, which irritated him. I am soooo tired of him and his ****-ness! I'm tired of it always being all about him. I'm tired that they tend to forget it's not a boy's club here anymore since they hired me. I am here and a part of the group. After 5 years, it's getting old...... Clay will be back on Monday so that will be nice. They never talk directly to me unless it's to tell me to do something. I've never been told about this open house in Oklahoma... I just know what they talk about around me. That's the only way I find anything out, is to overhear them. We're in such a small space, it's not hard to communicate......

Larry and I get to go spend 10 hours in Mantua tomorrow taking the first part of our conceal carry course. I'm looking forward to it. I guess tomorrow is the classroom part. Sunday we go again to shoot. I'm gonna have to get me a little derringer or something, cause I don't have enough strength in my hands anymore to slide the whatever it's called back on the guns! I tried the 22 and the 45. I barely got the 22 open. So much for me getting a glock, lol. So we gotta get up early in the morning and be out there by 8 am with lunch and snacks and such.

There goes my weekend, lol. Didn't have anything planned anyhow, I guess.

Nicole said they had fun at the zoo yesterday. She's still shacked up with her friend at the motel. Don't know how long he's in town for.

Well you all have a great Friday.
Old March 15th, 2013, 07:33 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Friday Mawnin All

Gonna be a beautimus springlike day with above perfect temps near the mid 70's Gonna be nice all weekend

Saw that one Jamesbo I bet that dealer has to change not only his shorts but his pants too at the very least

Sandy might I suggest a revolver like a
.32 H & R

or .38 S & W Bodyguard?

My wife carries a .380 Ruger LCP but it is a semi auto with the slide

Old March 15th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Friday.

We're digging out from another foot o white stuff. Yup, that's right. A breeze from South America has deposited a layer of cocaine almost a foot thick all over western AB. This was evidenced early this morning watching the morning commute act like a bunch o' idiots.

Jamesbo - yup, that vid made the news here too.

Scot - the 'dealer' wasn't really. He was a hired actor and did a damn good job staying in character all the way through. That was revealed after the commercial went viral. If you go back to where the 'gate' is you'll see they did that take about 3 times to get the one they wanted. I think most of the folks who see that commercial will forget what it's for anyway.

Did you see this one: A rocker for sure. She really gets into it when she puts down her purse; and a true lover of the classic 50's music! LOL at the end if you listen carefully she says "I could dance all %#@*!! day"

Last edited by Allan R; March 15th, 2013 at 11:44 AM.