The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old October 9th, 2019, 10:32 AM

Had to head norte to take my 94 y.o uncle to the dentist

Chili in de hills
Old October 9th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Beautiful here. I mean really beautiful. Good day at work. No plans for this afternoon.

Signed on to a Tri 5 Chevy forum and have been learning loads about my car. It should be spiffed up in no time.

Haven't seen Norm all day, he must have had a comedian gig...

Okay gonna find something worth while to do. Have a good afternoon.
Old October 9th, 2019, 06:43 PM
Running On Empty

Mike - No comedian gig. I was applying for a winter job in the Smoky Mountains. Eighteen weekends playing an accordion nude in various laundry mats throughout the Blue Ridge Parkway. I think the interview went well...

Registration 12:30pm, tee-time 1:30pm tomorrow for the local community college Foundation Members golf tournament fund raising campaign. I was invited to play (go figure) - will they have security for my following gallery of fans I wonder?

It misted all morning playing 18 today, windy and chilly - not ideal golfing, but I'm a tad on the loonie side.
Old October 9th, 2019, 09:08 PM

Ya know Norm, I just ain't gonna touch that.
Old October 10th, 2019, 02:46 AM

I think it might be A GOOD TIME TO AVOID The Bluerdige parkway
Old October 10th, 2019, 04:28 AM
Running On Empty

I believe the date of the article is 2017 - I read it a couple years ago. Houghton/Hancock is a twin-city area in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan - you'll find more snowmobiles on the roads than vehicles during the winter months. Due to lake-effect, they average 218 inches (5.54 metres) of snow each winter.

Naked Musician Briefly in Trouble
A naked man who played an accordion while four friends danced partially dressed in a Laundromat in Michigan's Upper Peninsula has learned his lesson, authorities said Wednesday, and neither he or his friends are likely to be charged.

The five, believed to be students at Michigan Technological University in Houghton, had faced disorderly conduct charges. When Hancock, Mich., Police responded to a complaint early Saturday morning, two men and two women were dancing in their underwear to the music of the accordionist, who was naked.

Police said the man, a graduate student from Brazil, told them, "I can't play the accordion unless I am completely nude." Police did not release his name because he hadn't been charged. "They realize that that kind of behavior isn't acceptable," said Hancock Police Chief Mike Beaudoin.

Houghton County Prosecutor Doug Edwards said four of the students were wearing underwear that might be less revealing than beachwear. "It's 3 o'clock in the morning, no one else is around -- what would you do?" said Edwards, tongue firmly in cheek.

But apparently at least two other women were in the Laundromat while the stripping was in progress. Both called police. One offered graphic details of the nude man's anatomy.

That's the report I'm waiting on," Edwards said.

I'm thinking of selling Naked Accordion Calendars this year.
Old October 10th, 2019, 05:22 AM

Sounds like a normal type news story for the U.P. Gotta love it.....
Old October 10th, 2019, 12:08 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Worked hard today, imagine that, obtained a new personal best in wheels signed off, 53. Got a jumpstart on tomorrow as well. Hope it means we get out at a decent time.

Playing the accordian naked? Well, like The Who says, it goes in and out and in and out...

Beautiful out. Not hot. Chiro day today so I don't think I'll do much. I didn't sleep worth nothin' last night, and ordinarily I wouldn't have gone in early, but the morning's work was locked up in my desk, don't think that would have gone over too well. I should sleep pretty good tonight, so I won't feel so zombie-ish.

Not much else. One more and it's Friday, and we're not working this weekend. I'm probably going to Alabama to help a friend do a clutch in his truck. Last time I did a clutch for a friend, I was the transmission jack. Hope I get a better job this time.

Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old October 11th, 2019, 08:52 AM

Rain and cold. I wonder how Clint likes the temp drop that they had in Colorado yesterday. Went from 83° to 19°. Dang.
Old October 11th, 2019, 02:30 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Early day for work. We were out by 1239. I got within two of my personal best(set yesterday) and I wasn't even trying. Why can't we work like that every day?

Headed out this evening to Alabama to help my friend with his truck. Tiger is already in jail, and I'll be leaving shortly. Be back Sunday. Quick trip.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Old October 11th, 2019, 02:37 PM
Running On Empty

I stopped by our NC DMV after playing 18 and obtained a REAL license.

Mike - Here's hoping you're more than a human transmission jack. Although, they are pretty handy.
Old October 11th, 2019, 08:47 PM

Final car show of the year, up in Pentwater, overcast, breezy & in the mid 40's. I guess that I won't be wearing shorts.
Old October 12th, 2019, 06:17 PM

Damn, it was cold at the show. It wasn't the temps so much as the damn wind. The weather did affect the turnout, about 30 cars, normally around 75-100. Drank a lot of coffee. we were there for about 3 1/2 hours.
Old October 13th, 2019, 01:03 AM
Running On Empty

Dan, enjoying yourself outdoors in a howling wind coming across the lake doesn't make for much fun. I can certainly understand how that would dampen the turnout. I'll bet there weren't many folks on deck soaking up the sun on the S.S. Badger from Ludington>Manitowoc yesterday.
Old October 13th, 2019, 08:48 AM

Finally a little [ much needed ] rain
Old October 13th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Running On Empty

Didn’t quite miss the church crowd at our local eating hole - No Name Pizza. But, no waiting line so this is good.
Old October 13th, 2019, 10:27 AM

Norm, you are right about the ferry, not much sun worshipping. I think that they run until the end of the month. The gales of November are early.
Old October 13th, 2019, 11:17 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Good weekend in Alabama. We got the clutch changed and the trans put back up. I was not the jack this time. My friend still has to finish putting things back together but it's tedious stuff that he can do himself.

No rain here Jamesbo though it looks like it could start pouring any time. We could use the rain but I like my grass not growing.

Speaking of the church crowd, I'm headed to Walmart and it will be busy. Eh, so it goes. I got home from the airport this morning around 10 and did some painting and cleaning up around the place. I should have done Walmart first. Eh.

Well have a good afternoon everyone tomorrow is a new work week, that of course will start early.
Old October 14th, 2019, 05:29 AM

Good Morning! We had our nephew here over the weekend, It was fun he is 21 and doing really well. His older sister got married last weekend which is when we invited him to come for the weekend. The two kids lost their mother to cancer when they were about 8-10 and later lost their grandmother who was raising them at about 16-18. Their fathers were never in the picture at all. They have had a rough start to life but are both doing very well now- no drugs and hard workers. I am so proud of them. Or I should say pleased with them. It sounds like when I say I am proud of them that I had something to do with their outcome as in raising them which we didn't. We are extremely pleased with them.
-- Yesterday got the dock out after taking the boat out a few days ago. Rained like crazy so we quit. I guess we should have kept working but it was so miserable! We had lots of help with my son and daughter in law, the nephew, grandson and another family of 4. Now everyone has left. All of my stuff is done except for putting it away, but. My neighbor, who is on vacation in Hawaii has 2 docks to get out and another neighbor has a dock to get out also. The neighbor who is in Hawaii fell riding a bike there and broke a rib! We were planning on removing all the docks after he got back but after I heard he got injured I decided to do his docks with all this help available but that didn't work out.
-- Ah too much rambling-- Have a good one!
Old October 14th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Well the pressure is off, Monday is over. I just got back from picking up Tiger, so I'm going to forego Summit cruise in tonight. Wouldn't be very nice if he spent the whole weekend in jail and then got left again as soon as he got home.

Greg it sounds like those kids' mother and grandmother raised them right. It sucks to lose parents that young. Kudos to them for persevering and becoming upstanding adults. It ain't easy.

Cool today. I don't think it hit 80 but it felt warm in the sun. Really need to get those tires for the Corvair so I can enjoy some top down weather before I need a coat to go along with it.

Going in early is starting to grow a little long in the tooth, but I'm going to keep at it for the time being. I tell people I know in other departments about our overtime and double time and they don't believe it. It's all but unheard of in the rest of the company. Lots of people on the list to get in, no openings in the foreseeable future.

Okay gonna wind down then hit the sack. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old October 15th, 2019, 07:51 AM

Played like a goat yesterday

and left my puter at the lake so fat finger phone

Have a great day Olds friends
Old October 15th, 2019, 05:10 PM
Running On Empty

Greg - Dismantling and dragging docks out of the lake is no fun - I don't miss it.
Mike - How about getting that wall which is caving in straightened out this weekend - grab a backhoe and get her done.
James - Why did you leave your computer at the lake?
Dan - Cruising topside from Ludington>Manitowoc in the middle of November brings shivers to my bones.
Old October 15th, 2019, 10:16 PM

Off to get the second round of Cortisone shots in the A.M. I'm looking forward to it as my back has been killing me for the last couple of weeks. It's supposed to give me two months of relief this time, compared to two weeks before. I actually had pain relief for about 3 1/2 weeks before it started to lose it's effectiveness. Norm. I've only been across the big lake in the summer, so, it was always a good sunny trip. To do it in the colder months means staying in the lounge area, or getting a cabin. I have yet to take the high speed ferry from here to Milwaukee. It's 2 1/2 hours instead of four, but it ain't cheap. Supposed to get 10-15' waves tomorrow on the big lake. Once I recover from the shots (they like it if you do nothing for awhile afterwards) I'll mosey on down to the beach, which is about 3 miles from here, and maybe get some pics.
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:23 AM

Norm, Cause I didn't remember it

Got my 1st flu shot yesterday and it made me sick as a dog las nite

Got a little mo rain

My game sucketh so bad I'm headed out to the range

Old October 16th, 2019, 06:32 AM
Running On Empty

I was thinking of getting a flu shot today, as well. Made you sicker than a dog did it? Hmmm.... I generally never get sick from the flu shot. Last year I began taking the newly formulated high dose adjuvant. I'll probably get the same this year. Since I'm now an old geezer.

Playing in our Seafood Festival Golf Tournament this weekend - should be fun - weather looks great. Rainy & misty today. I'll get two rounds in (tomorrow & Friday) before the tournament. I'm spending my time concentrating on hitting down on my mid-irons. It's working when I remember to reset myself and actually "think" about what I'm supposed to be doing.
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:34 AM

Norm, I have trouble remembering the 2000 swing thoughts I have during my down swing
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:42 AM
Running On Empty

What's happening to me at the moment is I've found I'm hitting down on the ball but not turning my hips - i.e. all arms. So, because I'm struggling with getting the cadence correct, I'm struggling on the proper swing. When I can remember to get the cadence correct and hit down on the ball it works great. Sometimes concentrating on making an improvement in one area sets the ball in motion to forgetting the rest of the swing for me. Doh!
Old October 16th, 2019, 08:02 AM

"Trying to hit it hard before hitting it correctly is the kiss of death " [UNLESS YOU'RE 11 YEARS OLD]
Old October 16th, 2019, 08:15 AM
Running On Empty

I called several drug stores, including my PCP and no one has the high dose three-component (trivalent) adjuvant influenza vaccine - it's on back order from the manufacturer. That's fine. I just returned from Walgreen's and got the quadrivalent vaccine - the normal everyday run-of-the-mill vaccine. Some protection is better than no protection for this old geezer.
Old October 16th, 2019, 08:28 AM

Norm, I have no idear WTF shot I got. But I've never had a flu vaccine in all my years. This particular doctor was just more insistent
Old October 16th, 2019, 08:42 AM
Running On Empty

James, I did not receive influenza vaccines my entire life until I reached 62 yrs of age. I've had the flu a couple times in my life and you know what you're in for when you get it; any normal healthy human is not going to benefit from the influenza vaccine until the aging process really starts to kick in - somewhere between 60-65 yrs of age. The normal immune response (of a healthy individual) will knock out the influenza infection but once we begin the cascading slope of >60 yrs of age, normally the immune system begins to be less effective at warding off infections in particular influenza & pneumonia. So, getting those memory (B & T cells) kicked into high gear early on in the flu season gives older individuals a better jump on remembering WTF the influenza viruses look like.
Old October 16th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Benign day at work. Two more and it's the weekend. No word about working, so I'm planning other things.

Norm I need to move a couple cars and bust up part of the driveway before I can start digging. It's all a slow process. Just as important I need to figure out what it's all going to look like when I fill it all in.

Dan facebook won't let that link do anything.

My last flu shot was in 1998. Haven't had the flu since. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had the flu. Eh, the shot was free. I don't remember if it made me sick.

Gonna go measure battery cables for a guy that's going to make me some. He's made I don't know how many sets for a 6 cylinder Valiant but tells me he needs me to measure mine. I did this a couple weeks ago and he told me they weren't any good. So what does he think I'm going to do different this time? Well, I haven't been over to the shop for awhile so here's my chance.

Been thinking about buying a home incinerator. I may have mentioned this before. That way I can burn all my household trash and other things that get thrown away. But the one I like best is a thousand bucks. It would take 5 years for it to pay for itself. I wonder if I could make my own with a leaf blower.

Okay gonna hit it. Have a good afternoon everyone.
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:02 PM

Sorry guys, thought that I deleted it right after I posted the link. Well, the injections went well, I go back in two months. They are considering an epidural next time, we also talked about a Rhizotomy. I had one of those 30 years ago. @#&*!. She (the Dr.), said that procedure has changed since then. No pics of the big lake, there were some dandy waves hitting the lighthouse, but it was raining sideways at times. That doesn't bother me, but having the camera exposed to it for so long might be detrimental to it's future use. The big waves were far apart in their appearance, I just didn't want to stand out there that long with the weather putting a beating on it.
Old October 16th, 2019, 06:09 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Sorry guys, thought that I deleted it right after I posted the link.
Your post is now gone. I deleted my post, as well. Hope relief lasts!
Old October 17th, 2019, 04:18 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Gonna hit the sack in a few minutes, wanted to check in here first.

I got nothing.

Have a good evening everyone. One more and it's the weekend!
Old October 17th, 2019, 04:52 PM
Running On Empty

Pissed is what I am. They were forecasting this glorious weather weekend for the entire week and the past couple of days. Now, some tropical depression has decided to move Northward from the Gulf Of Mexico. The Seafood Festival Golf Tournament is this weekend. Pissed is what I am.
Got my influenza vaccine in my left shoulder/bicep yesterday. It was tender and the muscle tissue knotted up nicely like a golf ball with what some (I guess) call pain. It isn't painful, it's a nuisance/annoyance. The more I work the muscle the faster the swelling goes away. It's practically non-existent right now.
It was chilly ***** boogers here this morning - 40*F and a 15-20 mph wind. I played fair today. Might play 36 tomorrow - maybe. I'll play at least 18, then the tournament. I think Saturday is fine. I need to follow this storm turd.

Last edited by Vintage Chief; October 17th, 2019 at 05:59 PM. Reason: sp
Old October 17th, 2019, 04:57 PM
Running On Empty

OK Found the little fart knocker! It's called Tropical Cyclone 16. Pissed is what I am.

Old October 17th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Running On Empty

I generally calm down if I eat a small tub of Häagen-Dazs chocolate ice cream. That is now next on my agenda.
Old October 17th, 2019, 05:02 PM
Running On Empty

Oh yea - that's what I'm talking about!

Old October 18th, 2019, 06:39 AM

Norm, When things go south I always watch the chimp/seal joke on you tube [less fatting]

The supermodel is having a shower tomorrow for one of her 300 nieces. I decided to exit norte and let her be manic solo.So Red dog and I are batching it