The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 4th, 2011, 02:18 PM

Jamsbo,

Find a local 10 year old kid and have him do it for you, there know more then us older gentleman. Well about computers anyway, not so much other things
Old April 4th, 2011, 03:55 PM

We were all teenagers at some point, just not so fun when we have to deal with their "growing up" You can always come for a visit Sandy, we have a couple spare bedrooms

Higgins we have a fair few that are the same from britland but I haven't heard that one, besides the obvious

It wouldn't upload because it was too big Jamesbo so I resized it Don't hate me

Congrats on the pay rise Sandy!!

Time to go get some dinner, have a great night all,

Adrian
Old April 4th, 2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Ausraven
We were all teenagers at some point, just not so fun when we have to deal with their "growing up" You can always come for a visit Sandy, we have a couple spare bedrooms

Higgins we have a fair few that are the same from britland but I haven't heard that one, besides the obvious

It wouldn't upload because it was too big Jamesbo so I resized it Don't hate me

Congrats on the pay rise Sandy!!

Time to go get some dinner, have a great night all,

Adrian
That could be a father and son picture (or grandfather and son)
Old April 5th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Terrible thunderstorms here all throughout last night and into this morning. Power was out for awhile but is back on now. It's supposed to be stormy and windy all day...

Jamesbo, y'all can start signing "Stormy Weather" because I think y'all might have been hit by the same nasty weather!

Everyone have a great day!

--Don
Old April 5th, 2011, 05:37 AM

Mawn'in all

Originally Posted by Ddbord

Jamesbo, y'all can start signing "Stormy Weather" because I think y'all might have been hit by the same nasty weather!

--Don
Yep Don,

Hit us late last night. Can't find any trees down on my property but the city has sum power outages and sum stop signals out. Oughta make fer a fun commute.

Droped from a high of 80 yesterday to 46 dis mawn'in. Crazy.

Pat, I don't need to find a 10 year old. My Grandson fixed it. Where he got that accent I'll never know.
Old April 5th, 2011, 05:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Jamesbo! It's nice to finally meet you, lol!!! You do look like a Southern Gentleman!! Thanks for posting the pic, Adrian! That's a great picture of you guys.

It's cold here - no storms, but cloudy, windy and a few flurries around. Last year at this time we were in the 80's! They were showing it on the local weather last night. I remember how nice it was when I took Teepo out to Blue's for her engine paintin! Nothing we can do about it, I guess. Our back yard is a river - ducks were out there floating along last night, lol!! I'm so glad I got Teepo out of the back garage when I did.

Well Nicole starts her medical terminology course tonight, and also her new job!!! Should we take bets to see how long this one lasts, lol? I told her it better last more than a month! I don't think she'll be at home much longer anyhow, so it will become her boyfriend's problem.

Larry Jr. and Alison are getting divorced. Sad, because their daughter just turned a year old in Dec. It lasted 3 years anyhow. Guess it happens.

Well have a good day all, and watch out for bad weather!!
Old April 5th, 2011, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Higgins
Adrian, just wondering if Aussies use the Brit phrase "knock you up". No guys, it doesn't mean what you think.
Higgins
I don't think they use it much now days but it means "I'll give you a call."

Higgins
Old April 5th, 2011, 08:49 AM

Good day all

April showers bring May flowers so they say. If that's the case we will have a bountiful crop this year and be up to our a$$es in flowers. Your right Sandy Jamsbo does look like a southern gentleman. Wonder if he drinks mint juleps on the front porch with the super model.
Old April 5th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Cutlass Lover

Citcapp, I'm sure he does, lol! Me thinks he drinks whatever he wants, where ever he is, lol!!
Old April 5th, 2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Citcapp, I'm sure he does, lol! Me thinks he drinks whatever he wants, where ever he is, lol!!

The red nose always gives me away.

We call dem Verandas down ere. It's kinda like "What's de differnece bewix a Sofa and a couch.............bout $1,500"

I used to have a spring party whar we consumed a few Juleps. But drink'in brown water in the heat will kill ya. IMHO Juelps is jes tooooo sweet.

It's like dat Southern Comfort crap we used to feed bimbos in High School.
Never got any whar wit them cause de had dar head out de winder all de way home. pitch'in dar cookie. Nasty stuff.

Sandy, I jes got back from de sto and got me sum more poke steaks. I'm gonna do sum speriment'in wit dem. I'll report back on my efforts to make sum'in more different.
Old April 5th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Cutlass Lover

You went to de sto? lol!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!! I'm sure it'll be good!
Old April 5th, 2011, 04:38 PM

You went to de sto? lol!! I can't wait to see what you come up with!! I'm sure it'll be good!
X2 on this Jamsbo, your making me hungry again as usual
Old April 6th, 2011, 05:54 AM

Mawn'in all

Mawn'in,

Well tis de season

Ever thing is yeller. Ya can see yeller clouds of pollen drift'in by.

My Trophy Blue 442 drop top is kinda an Exercist Pea green.

All de transplants are cough'in der heads off and the Green Jacket is up fer grabs.

Fer sum reason we [few] locals don't get bothered by the stuff. De white wicker on de poach is yeller but it doesn't matter to me.

I guess I'm jes used to it.

Ain't Augusta National pretty.
Old April 6th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's a nice morning here. Cloudy but in the high 30's so it's not bad out. Supposed to go up around 50.

I was excited last evening..... I picked 3 Daffodils that were open and brought in the house!
They smell soooooo good, lol!!! It's been a long winter...... I have little grape hyacinths blooming, and some kind of a little dark blue bell looking flower - like a ground cover type - that Jean gave me a start of last year. They really multiply she said. The crocus are starting to fade now. The regular hyacinths are opening, but it looks like the deer got to some of the early tulips. Oh well. I'm tired of fighting with them.

Well Nicole survived her first night of the medical terminology course. Said she liked it, so that's good. Tonight she starts her job at Legacy.

Jamesbo.... how were the poke steaks?? Larry made them last night also, only he fried them.

Adrian..... you on your way home today?? I can't remember. I'm waiting to hear how you liked us "Northeners" around here, lol!!

Have a great day all!!
Old April 6th, 2011, 06:05 AM

Morning everyone, cloudy today here in Chicago. We fly out of Chicago today then a connecting flight to Australia so goodbye America For the most part we have had a great time, a couple of hotels we stayed at tried to double charge us It was great meeting all our friends. Sandy, Jamesbo and Blue you were just the nicest people and a real pleasure meeting you all.

As usual when Jamesbo starts talking about cooking we all get hungry so I went and got some breakfast

I hope this crazy weather sorts itself out soon, I have no idea what it has been like back home

Time to load up and drive to the airport soon, lets hope I don't get felt up while I'm there lol.

Have a great day everyone, I should be able to get wifi at the airport if not I will talk to you again from the other side of the world

Adrian
Old April 6th, 2011, 06:08 AM

Periwinkle?

Your neighbors will have it also in a few years.
Old April 6th, 2011, 06:09 AM

LOL I liked the northerners around you place, they were a lot better then the ones closer to the coast that's for sure
Old April 6th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hope you have a safe flight home, Adrian!!! I'm so glad I got to meet you! Teepo is too, lol! Don't be enjoying that "pat down" at the airport too much, lol. Tell Tink and Min I said hello!

Jamesbo.... that might be it. I'll have to look tonight when I get home. I was thinking it's more of a bell shape flower, but I don't remember. The yard was so wet, I didn't get up close. I know Jean said it spreads...... I'll take some pics.

Last edited by cutlassgal; April 6th, 2011 at 06:14 AM. Reason: Redgoat withdrawl.....
Old April 6th, 2011, 07:54 AM
this is not my car lol

i havent read the last 25 pages, but if it hasnt already been said.....

Good Morning Y'all!
Old April 6th, 2011, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by scubastever
Good Morning Y'all!
I hate ta interject a gramar/spell'in lesson ere but it's

It's spelt "Ya'll"
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Ain't Augusta National pretty.
Looks just like my compound!

--Don
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:17 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Jamesbo.... that might be it. I'll have to look tonight when I get home. I was thinking it's more of a bell shape flower, but I don't remember. The yard was so wet, I didn't get up close. I know Jean said it spreads...... I'll take some pics.
Probably kudzu, Jamesbo!

Last edited by Ddbord; April 6th, 2011 at 09:25 AM.
Old April 6th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Ausraven
Morning everyone, cloudy today here in Chicago. We fly out of Chicago today then a connecting flight to Australia so goodbye America
I wish we could have met ya'll in person! We know you by 'puter, and maybe someday ya'll visit Jamesbo, and when you head north, just make a little bend to the west!

You're always welcome here in the mountains!

Nice that ya'll could visit the U. S. of A.

--Don

Old April 6th, 2011, 09:32 AM

See dar

Don's a good speller.

A little more redneck grammar

"I had to nice 4 wheelers til I rectum. "
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Registered

Have a good trip home Adrian.
It was great to meet you and your very nice family, hope you had a good time.
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:14 AM

Ausraven, How was the REO Museum? Have a safe flight home.
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:17 AM

Good morning Olds fans

Glad you enjoyed your stay here Adrian, see you next time when you visit the left coast.

Jamsbo,

We get the yellow stuff here in Washington it covers everything for a couple of weeks then its gone.

Ya never did tell me how the marinate you made turned out, good, bad, whats the verdict.
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Ya never did tell me how the marinate you made turned out, good, bad, whats the verdict.
Pat,

I'd give it a B. It was good but not a real genoux slapper.
Old April 6th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

What'd ya do with the poke steaks??? Did you 'speriment with em??
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:33 AM

What'd ya do with the poke steaks??? Did you 'speriment with em??
Not chet.

I'm fix'in to directly

I'm think'in either pineapple of figs sauce.

Whatchathink?
Old April 6th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Cutlass Lover

Wow! This will be a 'speriment, lol! I can't say either sound good to me, but I'd go with the pineapple. Are you baking them or grilling or what??
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:13 PM

Wow! This will be a 'speriment, lol! I can't say either sound good to me, but I'd go with the pineapple. Are you baking them or grilling or what??
Most likely grill e'm an de last few minutes brush on sum'in. If'in ya don't de sugar will burn.

And de last thing ya wants is a grilled poke steak cover with burnt pineapple.
Old April 6th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Cutlass Lover

True, lol!!
Old April 7th, 2011, 05:27 AM

Mawn'in all

Mawn'in,

A little chilly dis mawn'in but it's gonna be a pretty day.

Well yesterday, I got this cool Oldsmobile box from Jeffery. I haven't got a clue what I'm gonna do wit it yet. Jes what I need mo object d'art. Hang in on de wall with the pics of my nieces, I spose.

Jeffery and Adrian are de only CO members I ever met. Saw Jeffery at de BPO&C show in May-retter last year. [Dat's near de Big Chicken Sandy whar your friend werks]

Speak'in of Chicken, I don't fry much at all, but my Super model brought me home sum fried chicken breast dat sum one fixed fer her at werk [ de resteraunt]. I jes had to make me sum tater salad to go with cold fried chicken yesterday.

I thought of ya'll when I loaded it up wit pickles. Guess dem poke steaks are gonna wait fer anutter day.

Ya'll [note correct spell'in, please] have a wonderrful day.
Old April 7th, 2011, 05:54 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Ya'll [note correct spell'in, please] have a wonderrful day.
This line is printed in full view of everyone on the email that our forums send out when ya'll are subscribed:

"There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again."

Now Jamesbo, ya'll are a Moderator-- can this be fix'd?

Just a suggestion from a friend!

--Don

Last edited by Ddbord; April 7th, 2011 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Spel'n
Old April 7th, 2011, 05:58 AM

Don,

I jes noticed. Mine says dat too but it doesn't not send them. It's cyperspace B.S.
Old April 7th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning Ya'll!

Cloudy and gloomy here today. Temps in the high 30's supposed to go up to high 50's. Gonna be pretty rainy around here the next few days. We might get up to 70 on Sunday!!!!!

Well Nicole survived her first night at work. Came draggin in this morning and hit the bed, lol! I sure hope she sticks with this job. She said she didn't have to lift a bunch of people or anything, most are still self sufficient, so that's good.

Jamesbo... I took some pics of that blue flower last evening, but didn't download them yet. It is kinda bell shaped with 2 or 3 little flowers on a little stem. I'll try to get them on tonight. I have that T-Shirt you sent me from the car show last year by the Big Chicken, Jamesbo. Remember??

Now I want some tater salad, lol!! Fried chicken and tater salad..... yum!!

Well I pulled Teepos trunk rubber out last night. That was fun. Took a screwdriver and gently pried it from under the channel lip as I was pulling. There is a lot of nasty black dried glue/sealer stuff in that channel!!! Some of the old foam stuck too. So I'm gonna go to NAPA at lunch time and see if they have any solvent to help get that crap out of there, and something to scrape with that's not metal!! I really don't wanna mess up the paint. I didn't see any rust or holes, but could be something lurking under that old glue stuff. Won't know till I get it cleaned.

Well have a good day all!
Old April 7th, 2011, 07:38 AM

Good morning Olds fans

Had April snow yesterday, supposed to have sun today and tomorrow then back to rain again. I can feel the webs growing between my toes. Will this ever end? Gotta retire and get outta here. Two years to go. Ok I am through wining, back to work now.

I like fried chicken as long as there is mashed potatoes and chicken gravy, and buttermilk biscuits. Cold out of the frig works too.
Old April 7th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by citcapp
I like fried chicken as long as there is mashed potatoes and chicken gravy, and buttermilk biscuits. Cold out of the frig works too.
Sounds as tho ya live 'round here!
Old April 7th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Don,

I jes noticed. Mine says dat too but it doesn't not send them. It's cyperspace B.S.