The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 30th, 2011, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Higgins
Jamesbo, where's the sweet onions In the north we call chili dogs Coney Islands
Higgins
Blue doesn't care fer dem, So I left dem off.

We call dem Vidalia onions.

Last edited by Jamesbo; March 30th, 2011 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Pall Mall can't Spall
Old March 30th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Cutlass Lover

You're makin me hungry, lol!!! It's really snowing over here..... it SUCKS!
Old March 30th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
You're makin me hungry, lol!!! It's really snowing over here..... it SUCKS!
Sandy would walk a mile in ten minutes for a hot dog right now.

x2.....on the #@%& snowing part, I just talked about putting my snowblower away and the snow gods heard it.

In these here parts it's bratwurst dogs with genuine authentic old Cleveland Stadium mustard.

Hot dogs are for the little kids at cookouts.

I hate mustard too, ketchup only, no catsup.
Old March 30th, 2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
We call dem Vidalia onions.
We can only get Vidalias once a year, they are precious as gold. The Lions Club sells them on the street corners like crack.
Old March 30th, 2011, 04:52 PM

I prefer spicy Italian sausage on hard rolls with hot mustard and onions. Chile dogs with all beef franks are good too.
Old March 31st, 2011, 03:04 AM
Registered

Good Morning Thread?

Who or what is this "Thread " that we say good morning to anyway?
The song "Good Morning Starshine" says it to a form of light energy?

I could never figure out what this verse meant????.

Gliddy gloop gloopy
Nibby nobby nooby
La la la lo lo
Sabba sibby sabba
Nooby abba dabba
Le le lo lo
dooby ooby walla
dooby abba dabba
Early morning singing song"

I was discussing my thinks he's a Klingon brother in another post and a light bulb just lit up over my head, It's Klingon!!
The song is from "Hair" and they're hairy so it all ties in.
I want a Klingon chassis service manual, mightaswell be in Klingon for some people.

This is for real.
Check the Indian Klingon out.

In Klingon "QaQ jaj" means good day, I think we should change the name of the thread to the "QaQ jaj" thread.
I'll start a poll.

Klingons will eat Tribbles live but they really QueTblach pickles.
Old March 31st, 2011, 05:32 AM

Mawn'in all

Originally Posted by Higgins
We can only get Vidalias once a year, they are precious as gold. The Lions Club sells them on the street corners like crack.
The reason they are so mild is they are grown in south Georgia [below the fall line] where the soil is sandy. If I grew the same onion in good ole Georgia red clay, they'd be strong as all get out. This may be Gawga Herrasy, but I can't tell de diff betwix a Texas sweet and a Vidalia onion.

Next time ya gets sum try dis,

Cut the top out of a Vidalia onion amd core out a hole in the top.
Add a beef boulion and a pat of butter.
Wrap in foil and put it on de grill.

After about 1/2 hour it comes out steamed in butter.Great with steak and a baked potatoe.

Yummy
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:25 AM
Cutlass Lover

Oh God Blue!!! I almost spit coffee all over my laptop, lol!!! You just make me howl!!!! Who, besides you, would even think of that verse of the song?? It makes no sense whatsoever - it's even worse seeing it written down, lol!

Maybe it's kinda like the Ventura Highway song - I love the song, but I'm still wondering about "Alligator lizards in the air" and being hit by "purple rain"?

Morning All!

It's a friggin 3" of snow and ice morning over here in T-burg!! Had to scrape the tin canAdrian, you just might get to see some, lol! It's 31 degrees. They're calling for more snow tonight, I think. I don't know - I give up. It might get warm around August in time for fall again.

I like a plain old beef hot dog cooked on the grill, with Ketchup and relish! Sausage sandwiches about kill me. I like Kielbasa or smoked sausage with sauted green peppers and onions , but it about kills me too, lol. So I only eat em once in a while. I'm very picky about hot dogs. Will only eat the all beef ones, and I try not to think about it........ nuff said!

It's slow and boring in here today. Gonna be a long one.

Have a great day all!!!
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:30 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
The reason they are so mild is they are grown in south Georgia [below the fall line] where the soil is sandy. If I grew the same onion in good ole Georgia red clay, they'd be strong as all get out. This may be Gawga Herrasy, but I can't tell de diff betwix a Texas sweet and a Vidalia onion.
The Gawga Vidalia can only be called a Vidalia if it comes from State and Federally authorized counties with low sulfur content sol (soil.)

The Vidalia, Texas Sweet, and the Flawida Sweet, are the same ownyon.

O.K. Jamesbo, am I correct?

--Don (an onion aficionado)
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:38 AM

Around here we have the Walla Walla sweet onion it's the best I've had. When camping we do the same thing Jamsbo does but throw it in the camp fire then just peel and eat. Very good. We also do the same thing with those darn tribbles they are very filling I can only eat two. Go great with red wine.
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:46 AM
Cutlass Lover

.....the Flawida Sweet, are the same ownyon.

Don..... you're a talkin like Jamesbo, now!!!

Citcapp.... what's a tribble???
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:54 AM

.....the Flawida Sweet, are the same ownyon.

Don..... you're a talkin like Jamesbo, now!!!

Gotta be a star trek fan to understand

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bprgl_4z6gY
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Ok.... googled it, lol!! Larry is a Star Trek fanatic! I never really got in to it.
Old March 31st, 2011, 07:01 AM

Yeah, I think all dem onions are de same plant. It's jes des soil/chemistry dat varies. I've growed sum onions in red clay befo and they'll knock your socks off........... Very strong.

Sandy, ya finallly hit on one, I can't eat Sausage, peppers and Onions. I like it But it don't like me.

Sandy, I know Pat's busy so I'll show ya a pick. You musta missed dat episode. Shame on you. My favorite is the Horta that Bones patch up with Redi Mix.
Old March 31st, 2011, 07:35 AM
Cutlass Lover

......I can't eat Sausage, peppers and Onions. I like it But it don't like me.

I'm shocked, Jamesbo!!!!! Thanks for the pic - I think Furby's were cuter, lol, but that's just me!

Old March 31st, 2011, 07:40 AM

[quote=cutlassgal;267198]......I can't eat Sausage, peppers and Onions. I like it But it don't like me.

Beano and Gas -X, not that I would know
Old March 31st, 2011, 07:41 AM

Favorite Star Trek exclamation, (by Bones) "Dammit Jim, his brain is gone!"
Old March 31st, 2011, 07:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

Lol!!!!!!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; March 31st, 2011 at 07:48 AM. Reason: tribbles
Old March 31st, 2011, 09:49 AM

My favorite Star Trek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXvwowpeuXo
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:15 AM

Beano and Gas -X, not that I would know[/quote]
What do you think is propelling the Olds Limited in my avatar
Old March 31st, 2011, 11:01 AM
Registered

My mom made hundreds of plastic bag lined furry Tribbles full of chicken noodle soup for my Klingon brother and his cohorts to devour at a Star Trek convention.
They had a velcro slit that opened to expose the gruesesome entrails.
The Klingons would hold the squirming critters above their heads and squeeze and the noodle-guts would projectile out into their mouths and all over their Klingon faces as they made gutteral eating sounds.
My Little Pony cupcakes for dessert, made with real ponys.

All food at the swap meets and flea markets tastes like hot I-talian sausage, peppers, and onions becuse they make everything on the same griddle they use to make the stuff for the hot I-talian sausage, pepper and onion sangwitches.
The last swap meet we went to wife Laura ate half a hot dog and had a heart attack an hour later.
She won't go with me anymore, nobody to drive me, pay for the stuff, carry my purchases, fetch food and beverages when I'm hungry and parched from thirst, pull me in the wagon, and nobody to hold the umbrella and motorized fan to to shade me and deliver cool breezes to my face while I search for treasures.

Hey Sandy...ever been to a car parts swap meet??
Perhaps not, would need a truck to haul all your purchases back to your house.
The Randolph spring parts bone-anza is the same day as the BOP show.
I may go there and blow that off since I already got first place, let somebody else have a chance, yep...yep...yep.
It's so hard to be humble.
I know you took first Sandy, I know that would never stop you from trying again too.

Olds club dustoff is going to be at the Sonic Drive-in up the road this year over there on the west side.
I don't know If I'll go, I can't handle crossing the river of doom and that one weird guy in the club that talks your ear off.
Sonic wants too much for food too, you get suspicious when you pull in and the order things have credit card readers on them.
That club guy thinks I'm his buddy and never leaves me alone, scares Laura.
Who has whiskey breath at nine in the morning unless they're on a fishing or hunting trip with the boys?

I'm going outside to build a snowman so I can murderlize him and get out some of my frustrations now.
I raked all the rocks out of my grass and I'll be gosh darned tootin' before I crank up that gravel slinging tractor snowblower again this Spring.
Maybe I will though?
I could use it to take out the snowman in a hit and blow "accident", man... what a way to go.

Last edited by Bluevista; March 31st, 2011 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Thinking of pickle filled Tribbles and went into shock
Old March 31st, 2011, 12:07 PM

Looks like we've pushed our ole friend Blue over de edge wit all dis talk of Onions and pickles.
Old March 31st, 2011, 12:20 PM
Cutlass Lover

...... Thinking of pickle filled Tribbles and went into shock

Jamesbo.... I think he's traumatized for life!

Oh God Blue - you've had me laughin all day, lol!!! You drinkin the Marvel Mystery Oil today or what????

No, I've never been to a swap meet. Except for what they have at the Olds show. I'd like to go to one. I saw where that BOP show is in Parma - I would like to go, but I think it's a little far. You know I like to stay on backroads if possible. I've never been to Parma! But I will be going back to the CVCC again.... yep...yep..yep! I'm not as humble as you. I need another 1st place plaque, lol!

What is that guy's name??? He is weird, but he's nice. I can't believe his car won at the Olds show, though........ suspicious, since he's like on the board or whatever. He always talks my ear off whenever I run into him, and I can't remember his name! I need to join the Club.

Most of the snow is melted over here except on the grassy areas. It was falling off the pine trees in clumps earlier. I hope to God we're done with this crap!
Old March 31st, 2011, 02:05 PM

Hello everyone, we made it to Niagara Falls OK. We saw snow before we even left Pennsylvania Sandy

I like my onions too, cooked or not

Will look around town tomorrow and go see the falls. I will send you a message tomorrow letting you know our plans for driving to Michigan Sandy so we can work out where to meet OK?

Have a great afternoon all,

Adrian
Old March 31st, 2011, 05:58 PM

I'm hungry think I'll go eat. Flank steak grilled with onions
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:45 PM

I had Taco Bell for dinner. For 10 bucks to feed me, my wife and our daughter that's a bargain!
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:58 AM
Registered

If you are reading this your computer is now infected with the dreaded Redgoat Pickle Virus!!!

April Fools!!
Old April 1st, 2011, 05:07 AM

Mawn'in all

Clear but kinda chilly dis mawn'in.

Redgoat, Do you ever sleep? T'ain't 4:58 [3:58 whar you are] a mite early to be post'in on CO?

We're baby sitt'in my wife's son's girlfriend's father's dog. My Super model volunteered [mean'in she volunteeered me cause she's at werk all day]

"Daisy" is a young black lab who is like a bull in a china shop and Mosby [the grey ghost] cat is fix'in to make spagetti out of her floppy ears.

I'm leav'in home fer a few days to get sum piece and quiet.

Adrian, I've never been to Niagra Falls but keep an eye out fer me.

Woff-woof / Hiss-reer all nite long is 'bout to drive me to drink.

Pat,

I bought a London Broil last nite. What's your favorite marinade?

Dang,

Just as I type my Super model jes brought Daisy up to my office while she get's ready fer werk. Daisy promptly took over the couch. and is now perched on de sofa gaz'in out de winder at de horse.
Old April 1st, 2011, 05:53 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Happy April 1st to ya!

We have a beautiful new calendar girl this morning!

It's a lovely morning here today. In the 30's, a little weak sun out. Still some snow on grassy areas but it's gonna melt. Supposed to get some more tonight then turn into rain, and rain tomorrow. Sucks!

Blue.... you crack me up, lol! I'm sure now, that we have traumatized you for life, lol!

Jamesbo.... I thought we are on the same time as Gawja?? Redgoat does keep some strange hours, though. I don't know how my poor sista Laura gets any rest!

So you are dog sittin, huh?? Sounds like you're gonna have your hands full today, lol. I see more and more of those "doggy daycares" going up around here. You wouldn't believe the amount of people in this office complex who bring their dogs to work with them!!!! I see them out walking the dogs all the time. And I see the friggin smelly crap that they don't clean up! It's awful in the spring when the snow melts. On the grass, on the asphalt.... it doesn't matter. It's everywhere and it's disgusting!!
Well good luck to ya today. Hope Mosby doesn't turn it's ears to spaghetti, lol!

Adrian - Glad you all are having fun!! Hope that Taco Hell doesn't turn on ya today..... My friend Noah used to say "where else can you get diarrhea for 5 bucks"!! Looking forward to hearing from you - you're more than welcome to come right to the house and stick around awhile!

Well have a great day all!
Old April 1st, 2011, 06:08 AM

Sandy, For sum reason I thought ya'll were on Central like Alabama is................... OOOOP my bad.

I can feel it com'in. Befo de day is out me and Daisy are gonna have a
L-O-N-G sit down stalk'in to. I luv dogs. But, when their masters let then do anything they want, they need to learn 'bout de ole rolled up newspaper.
Old April 1st, 2011, 06:43 AM
Registered

Didn't know there was a too early to post time, was there some kind of rule violated?
I haven't been able to sleep for more than an hour or two at a time in well over ten years and it takes me a couple of hours after I wake up before I can get back to sleep, if I even can.
Nothing clinically can be done about the problem and I don't want to get hooked on sleeping pills.
I have to do something at night so I read, watch TV, or lurk around here and a couple of other forums.
My neighbor's bedroom is about 30 feet away from my garage door and they get upset if I start banging around in the garage working on the cars at three in the morning.

Babysitting the wife's son's girlfriend's father's dog Jamesbo?
That's a stretch.
What a guy, they couldn't find anybody else that would do it and dumped it on you huh??
I won't want to babysit my future grandson let alone his other grandpa's dog.
I don't let any dogs but mine on my property, end up costing you a ton of time and money to get rid of the fleas they're never supposed to have that they bring over, and the lousy fleas will eat you alive too.
No doggie play parks either, the places are parasite central.
Nothing's worse than fleafestation.

Come all the way here and get Taco Bell??
Denny's has the free kid's meals?

Instead of complaining about it why don't you pick up the dog stuff if you don't like it Sandy?
Then throw it all over those dog owner's cars.
I forgot, Americans won't do that work now.
I'll do it, I'm not proud.
Old April 1st, 2011, 07:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Blue....Blue...Blue.. If I knew which dog owners had which cars, I'd be tempted! Heck, there's woods all around the back of this complex. They could just pick it up and pitch it over there, ya know?? Wouldn't take much effort.

Or train them to be like cats, and dig a nice hole and bury it, lol! What a subject to be on! Now we can start talking about food, lol! Speaking of....

I guess they don't have Taco Bells in the land down under?? I'd rather have Denny's if I had to choose. Though I do like the little Meximelts at Taco Bell....

I can't believe I fell for the tax on cars thing.........

Last edited by cutlassgal; April 1st, 2011 at 07:22 AM. Reason: pickle virus...
Old April 1st, 2011, 12:05 PM

We went to Denny's when we were in LA. Nothing wrong with the food there but you do have to tip at Denny's not Taco Bell No tipping in Australia, you get your bill, you pay your bill no tip!

I am happy to come straight to your place Sandy, would make it easy that's for sure

Niagara Falls was cool to see, best part because of the snow most things were still shut so we didn't have to pay for parking Only saw the falls from USA side but that's good enough. When it is cold the mist covers most of the falls so you wouldn't see much from the Canadian side.

Take care all,

Adrian
Old April 1st, 2011, 12:19 PM

Just bought Jeffery's tool box. Just what I need more object d'art.

Adrian, I can't find ya a Confederate flag. I'll find one sooner or later and get it to ya down under-sorry

De used to be everywhere but a few years back there was a big flap over what sum people thought they stood for and several states [Gawga included] removed them from their state flags.

I thought the whole idea was pretty silly cause removing them did feed, educate or help anyone in any way that I'm aware of.

But as you're probably aware, I'm not very P.C. Heck, I still say "Short people" and not "vertically challanged."

If I did't know Sandy was watch'in dis thread, I used a few more non P.C. descriptions. [that got me divorced]
Old April 1st, 2011, 12:50 PM
Cutlass Lover

I'm here, Jamesbo!!! And I keep tellin ya, I'm not short, I'm fun size! That's nice that you bought Jeffrey's toolbox. It is a cool one.....

I just got off the phone with Adrian! What a lovely accent he has! I love it! I sent ya a PM Blue... I'm excited to meet him. Shame they don't have more time. Sounds like they're on a run!
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:03 PM

Good afternoon

you guys have run the gambit today from Denny's to Taco Bell, to Dog poop all in just a few hours. Whats next?

Sandy we know you're not short your just under tall.

Jamsbo,

I use a Zinfandel marinate made by Double D meats, a local butcher shop that has been around for 30-40 years. Its where we buy most of our meat. Don't know whats in it but it is very good
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:19 PM

Pat,

While you were do'in de "W" word [werk] I found one I decided to try.
I'll let cha know how it turns out.

1/2 cup Soy sauce, 1 T veggie oil, 3 crushed cloves, 1/2 t pepper, 1 t oregano, and 2 T ketchup [ never tried ketchup]

I think I'm gonna cook up sum poke chops in a Coca Cola bar-b-que sauce and see how dat turns out in de mawn'in.

Sandy,

The non P.C phrase I was refering to was not 'bout vertically challanged people.................it was/is a phrase 'bout members of the opposite sex.

Like I've said a few thousand times ere, "I never met a woman I could t-off."

Nuff said.
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:34 PM
Cutlass Lover

I kinda figured, Jamesbo! And since I'm not a P.C. person myself, we get along just fine, lol! I often use non P.C. words about the opposite sex myself........
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:44 PM
Registered

I can't wait to attend the official "First Annual Classic Oldsmobile.com International Convention" tomorrow.
The luncheon banquet and awards presentation should be just fab.
The keynote speaker will be Larry, his subject will be "How I bought her a car and created a monster".
All are invited once we figure out where we're going to eat?
Be there, or be square.

Certain local area members will show up incognito then they'll spy on us like they did at the Olds show Sandy.
I still think you're just too intimidating and scare everybody off , try to tone it down a bit in public.
The place will be unusually packed and they'll all be staring at us.
Uh-oh, they saw me put your battery disconnect switch on at the show.
Old April 1st, 2011, 02:01 PM
Cutlass Lover

....."How I bought her a car and created a monster".

Remind me to smack you tomorrow...... really hard, lol! But I'm sure you're right, lol!