The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old February 5th, 2017, 09:54 AM

Bee-oh-pee. I never realised you met my wife!

Let's be honest you guys play "football" with a ball that's the wrong shape. Remember who invented football. I went once to watch the Cowboys v the Bears and it was all about some fat dude (the refrigerator) huffing and puffing around the pitch, but to my credit I did last all the way to half time, which was about 3 hours, till I lost the will to live, then I gave up and went to the pub to watch proper football. There must be a reason why no other countries play "football". Still no offence meant, it's just that Europeans don't get excited about US sports, unless it's female beach volleyball.
Old February 5th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Captain Starfire

To each his own, London... We know there are cultural differences between the two shores of the pond. Some like World Cup soccer; others might like American football.

But just sayin' -- honest or not -- If I were posting on a British Car Club's Web site hosted in G.B. with a super-majority of Limey members, I wouldn't be sharin' my "honest" opinion so freely about how THEIR cultural icons suck. I think "manners" might have originated on your side, so maybe you'd be well advised to preserve yours as well as your original style of "football." Just sayin'....

I'm going to leave this alone now -- I promise.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 5th, 2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old February 5th, 2017, 10:48 AM

Fair enough, I guess that's where our sense of humour differs as well.
Old February 5th, 2017, 10:53 AM

Good evening everybody.

Well, we celebrated my two friends birthdays. And got a hangover of the year... Literally, worst one for two years as i can remember. No worries, when we woke up, it was 30 mins for another friends child's 1-year birthdays. God, that was an awful experience.
Funny thing is, about half of there were suffering from hang-over Surprisingly, all of us young ones, and older people were just laughing to us But we had fun ( yesterday, not today.. ), and thats all that matters.

Jamesbo - I store coffee just on cabinet. Like on stores. I (we) drink it so much it wont get bad

LondonCutlass - What kind of girls are you looking for to fill jobs?

And yea, they send atleast here in Finland Superbowl as live tv-show. Just havent never watched it, due to time-zone differences it comes somewhere along the night here, and im bad at staying up. Its usually 10pm and im ready to bed.

Cold weather coming again, something like -20F promised to tuesday. Need to do some woodwork tomorrow and start heating fireplace.

Last edited by Inline; February 5th, 2017 at 10:56 AM.
Old February 5th, 2017, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bee-Oh-Pee
Jamesbo, iffin' you came down for the Sugar Bowl that fabled year, do you remember what teams played
John, let me see here?

Super Bowls
IX Froze to death in Tulane stadium, Steelers vs. Vikings
X Froze in the Orange bowl in Miami Steelers vs. Cowboys [ Did see a gold plated DC something with a bunch of guys in cowboy hats getting off at the airport

XI Missed sunny Pasadena Raiders vs Vikings

XII musta been it. Cowboys vs Broncos. In your new dome. I sat so high up I could read "Hi" on Pete Fountains bald head

London, If you don't like Super Bowls Ya jes don't appreciate good ole American hype for the sake of hype

True story, I played golf a few times with a guy that played football at a New England University and he said to me. " I never knew what football was to I went to an SEC game between the hedges' [ University of Georgia]

Old Joke time, You know what a gay guy is in Alabama? Someone that likes girls better than football

As for me, I'm jes hoping for another wardrobe malfunctionIt second only to the commercials
Old February 5th, 2017, 12:05 PM

Jamesbo. I'm not saying I don't like it, I just don't get it. Tell you what, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and I will sit and watch it tonight. Coverage starts at 10pm and I don't have to be up early, so I will give you my honest opinion tomorrow remembering not to offend anyone.

Inline. I own children's nursery schools so I'm looking for qualified/enthusiastic staff. My wife says no hot women or I get too distracted!. -20 that's like living in a commercial freezer, don't know how you do it.
Old February 5th, 2017, 12:30 PM

London,

I like College football a whole lot better than the pros. And like I said, the Super Bowl has so much hype, anything that happens [other than a wardrobe malfunction] is sorta anti climactic

See nipplegate below

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_...ow_controversy

ya'll do know while we're talking about 2 different kinds of football Allan is watching dudes sweeipng in front of a stone sliding across ice

Like the lady said when she kissed the cow "It's all a mater of taste"
Old February 5th, 2017, 02:51 PM
OldsMoStyle

There is no single word to describe how much that I don't care about football, or most sports for that matter. However, I will tune in to the SB for the commercials and perhaps to see lady GaGas ***** flap around.
Old February 5th, 2017, 09:47 PM

Good Morning.

Hmm, snowed at night. So its woodwork + snow-work. Something to do.
One week closer to spring too. Im waiting for it, to get drive my Olds again.

Well, have a good week everyone. Off to start doing those aforementioned works, and then to heat fireplace up.
Old February 5th, 2017, 10:19 PM

New England won a hell of a game, that's all I care about. London, it's what each of us grew up with, and what we understand about the game.
Old February 5th, 2017, 11:27 PM

Snow-work done + woodwork done.

Now few cups of hot coffee, and fiancees should be off from work soon, too.
Later starting to heat the fireplace.
Old February 6th, 2017, 01:01 AM
golden rocket

Goood Mornin'

London Cutlass,thanks for the pix on the Consul, as my wife put it, dog gone things sure are cute. And they can stretch the petrol a bit.

So does anybody know where I can pick up a sending unit for the Delmont fuel tank to make the gauge work? About all I'm finding on line is the sock. Since I will have to drop the tank, figured on getting it cleaned out since it is 50 years old. Guess I will pull radiator and heater core and get them boiled out and rodded too.

Slantflat, so you're building a wall, who is paying for it, sounds awful presidential to me. ( just pulling you leg) Actually sounds like more work than I would want to do, but if my property would be doing it.

Mostizzle, did you hear about the Chinese veterinarian who became a chef and wrote a cook book? "How to Wok your dog"
Old February 6th, 2017, 02:33 AM

Mawn'in

Oh well

That's 2 things over with [election and Super Bowl] Now maybe things will get back to normal

I'm gonna do my part and go smack whitey around today

Have a great day Olds friends
Old February 6th, 2017, 06:26 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Well it was a good race on Sat. night. Thats as much sports as I watched this weekend.

Got my ATV started after putting the motor back in. I need to do some tuning on the Fuel injection then it will be ready to race. Now I need to get hers ready.

No employee again today. so I better get with it since I have double duty.

Have a Monday.
Old February 6th, 2017, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Oh well

That's 2 things over with [election and Super Bowl] Now maybe things will get back to normal

I'm gonna do my part and go smack whitey around today

I'm not saying a word about either of these things, for some reason the US and UKs version of banter gets a bit blurred, however sorry your guys lost, better luck next time.
Old February 6th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Captain Starfire

Whelpt, didn't come out the way I was hopin', but I can't say it was boring. Once the 4th quarter started, you could tell Buck & Aikman even knew it was a matter of the clock. Incredible. And I certainly understand that this ain't everyone's cup o' tea, so to speak...

Y'all have a great Monday, Olds pals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 6th, 2017 at 07:54 AM.
Old February 6th, 2017, 08:06 AM
OldsMoStyle

And lady GaGas ***** weren't even flopping around. What a bummer.

*fan of *****, not lady Gaga

lol@golden
Old February 6th, 2017, 08:38 AM

Golden, I thought for sure that Fusick's would have them, but a check of their online catalog turned up zilch. Maybe give them a call and see if it can be rebuilt.
Old February 6th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Look at me I'm in Florida. Drove down yesterday afternoon. Found out I have an appointment at 4 this afternoon, and that makes it too tight to fly.

I, too, am one that does not appreciate football. I'm sure Patriots fans are still whooping it up. I do like football charters at work. Lots of leftover Gatorade.

So Clint, after these people don't show up are they still considered employed?

Home late tonight. Wish me luck on this house. We really need to do something. Have a good Monday everyone.
Old February 6th, 2017, 07:29 PM

Good Morning.

Porridge-time again. Was good. Cold outside. Not good.

Good luck with house, slantflat.

Well, have a tuesday everyone.
Old February 7th, 2017, 01:15 AM
golden rocket

Wow! Almost to early to say Gooood Mornin'.

still learning about these computer thingymabobs as my wife calls them. didn't know there were so many places to go to look for parts and such.

About time for that first cup, smells like it just finished brewing. Have a goodin'
Old February 7th, 2017, 04:15 AM

Mawn'in

Nice warm [but dark so far] day

Had to good sides working yesterday and blew the last 3 holes on each side

London, Please tell me ya like golf

Mike, Bring me back some west Indies crab salad and or a few pounds of 24 count shrimp from Joe Paddy's [You do know where the restaurant that owns it's own shrimp boats is}

For the last hour, I've been staring at my grocery list trying to figure out WTH one item is, I have a hard time with my own hand writing.

Golden, there used to be one near the Chappaquiddick bridge, but I think they moved it

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old February 7th, 2017, 06:36 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Mike, Yes for now. I have to find a replacement first.

Golden, Why up so early, I thought I was the only delusional one.

Gonna be blustery today.

Have a Tuesday all.
Old February 7th, 2017, 06:57 AM

Tought to stop to drop few pics.
Fiancee bought an big book as christmas present for me, which contains original and authentic pictures of automobile-advertising since invention of them and their selling to public. Contains only advertises of American cars.

First is fun, i knew Fords are bad but that they require their own chatter-free oil? No bad feelings!

Then theres that which actually made me come here to drop few pics.
Note the licence plate; it means completely different thing, as it reads
" New for you for 42' ", as they are advertising model-year 42'.
But i cant stop to think the coincidence if there would read " new 4 you 442",
that somebody looked some 20 years later for that advertise
I know for what 442 stands, but just funny coincidence!

But now ill go heat sauna!

Last edited by Inline; February 7th, 2017 at 07:01 AM.
Old February 7th, 2017, 08:47 AM

Inline, that old advertising is pretty cool to look at.
Old February 7th, 2017, 12:14 PM

John, You need to check in. Looks like the swamp is getting hammered by tornadoes

Mike, It's headed your way, better beat feet out of the panhandle
Old February 7th, 2017, 01:17 PM

Jamesbo. Well, where do I start about golf? It's one of those games for people who haven't got anything better to do. Only joking.
The house I'm trying to buy backs on to a prestige golf course though I don't think I will be playing there, it's $75000 a year to be a member, but only if you are nominated be two people, but only if you pass an interview and play off less than 10. I think that counts me out on all parts.

My fave sports are football, cricket, rugby and Formula 1 not forgetting female beach volleyball.

Can't believe it today, for the second time I was burgeled. Different place this time, but again not much taken but windows broken and doors kicked in. Time to get a couple of guard dogs I think.

London weather, cloudy day but not too cold. Only two more months till the shorts come back!
Old February 7th, 2017, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by LondonCutlass
Jamesbo. Well, where do I start about golf? It's one of those games for people who haven't got anything better to do.
It is rather time consuming

BTW, I'd buy a Testarossa and forget the golf membership. Sounds kinda steep
Old February 7th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

It's been raining like a mother all afternoon. Got home around 1 last night, slept good till after noon. Went out to mail a couple bills and slam! Huge rain. Glad I don't work outside anymore.

Jamesbo the fam was aware of the weather headed towards them. Got a text from John today so he hasn't blown away. Remind me about the crab salad the next time I'm down there. No idea where that restaurant is or its shrimp boat.

The house I went to look at was a bust. Run down, dingy, needed lots of work. People lived there but I don't see how. Back to the drawing board.

Damn London that's too bad. Do you think it was the same people? Is the tribunal over yet? Maybe the workers lost and this is their retribution.

Okay work tonight. Hope everyone had a good start to the week.
Old February 7th, 2017, 03:52 PM

Mike. Yes I won the tribunal but I won't find out my payout till next month, don't think it's the same person, she's white Jewish and my robber was a skinny black guy, can't think of any connection there.
Good thing is that I have a good pic of him on cctv which will go to the local newspaper.
Good luck house hunting, it's a PITA.

Jamesbo. Steep, its extortionate but it's where a lot of big business deals get done.
Old February 7th, 2017, 03:56 PM
btw
Smokin' BBQ Member

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I'd buy a Testarossa and forget the golf membership.
I'll take that bet. I don't think you can put down a golf club for very long.
Old February 7th, 2017, 09:53 PM

Good Morning.

Gah, should go fix fiancees friend's car today. Just swap rear-brake parts- but im lazy to fix others cars

Still cold. Damn i wait for the spring to kick in. Warm again, and no more f****** snow.

Have a wednesday.
Old February 7th, 2017, 11:03 PM

Besides snow, did I ever mention that we have sand dunes?

Silver Lake State Park, about 40 miles north of me, adjacent to Lake Michigan.

Last edited by 1969w3155; February 7th, 2017 at 11:06 PM.
Old February 7th, 2017, 11:35 PM

Wow thats an weird picture. Snow and huge sand dune at same picture. Is that a church which is getting demolished?
Old February 8th, 2017, 04:57 AM

Mawn'in

Got a little wet yesterday
But still warm for this time of yeat

Mike, I can't figure out where you go in Pensacola Do you know where the locomotive is down town

Brian, I'd play put put before I paid that kind of money to be a member of a golf club

John, How far were you from the tornadoes ?

London, Get ya a couple of Dobermans

Clint, Let me guess, you're working solo again

Old February 8th, 2017, 08:16 AM

Inline, just someone's cottage. I was up there many years ago, and there was a house that was about 90% buried by the sand, it's still there, under the sand (crushed) somewhere. About 50 miles south of me, near Saugatuck, MI., there was a the town of Singapore right on Lake Michigan that was buried by sand about 100 years ago.
Old February 8th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Captain Starfire

Kwik check-in... So muggy outside, it's hard to see straight ... Has to be close to the 100% mark. At least temps are moderate; will be in mid-70s most o'day.

Thank goodness Ponchatoula was spared from the weather events yesterday; we just got a few good showers (needed) and a bit of a light show. Close to me, twisters hit in Killian (maybe 15 miles SW) and Madisonville (18 mi. E) -- not far atol. So there but for the grace of God go we. I think all the regularly scheduled programs (both radio & TV) were canceled from around 8 or 9 yesterday morning until the early afternoon. Everybody was just glued to a TV or radio, waiting to see how things would affect them.

The map in this story shows Ponchatoula in relation to all the action.
http://www.nola.com/weather/index.ss...hat_we_kn.html

Today's housecleaning day, since better half arrives from Peoria this evening. My aching back....

Y'all have a great one, Olds pals.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; February 8th, 2017 at 10:16 AM.
Old February 8th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice day from what I could tell. Woke up around noon and went back to sleep till about 4. Someone was knocking on the door, I peeked out the window but didn't recognize him. Hard telling what he wanted.

John hope Better Half had a good visit and no troubles getting home. Glad the big storms missed you.

Jamesbo my family lives over by the bay. Roughly Scenic Hwy and Creighton Road. The area is called Scenic Heights/Woodcliff. Never seen a locomotive.

Brian hope everything went okay.

Gee Dan, that would be a rude awakening, a sand dune pouring over your house like that. Are these people just screwed now or can they dig out? That's still a lot of sand behind it.

Ah night 2. Last night wasn't too bad. The pressure is off, Monday is done. Time to get ready and hit the road. Have a good night everyone.
Old February 8th, 2017, 09:48 PM

John, that's a lot of destruction, glad that it missed you, the last that I saw on the news was that there were no fatalities. Mike, that usually happens over a long period of time, though sometimes during a big wind event the sand can shift dramatically. The house will be toast, up there the dunes rule, unlikely that there will be any digging out.
Old February 8th, 2017, 10:55 PM

Good Morning.

Was a freaking lizards night. Got fiancees friends car fixed yesterday too. It was KIA.
What amazed me, was that fuel-fill hose did run on rear-wheel well, just protected By plastic cover

Thursday. Not sure what to do today. Maybe just keep alive? And do food.

Have a nice day everyone.