The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 20th, 2016, 06:04 AM

Mawn'in

I'm still vertical but not dancing yet

Inline, Congrats I hope that's what ya wanted Santa to bring ya

I'm gonna have ta pass on the grog offer. But I appreciate the thouught

I need/want to head to the Keys and lay on the beach with an umbrella in my cocktail

Have a great day Olds friends
Old December 20th, 2016, 06:40 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

The weatherman said it would be nice today. It better hurry.

Jamesbo that was clever of you to reply to my post inside my post.

Gonna find inside stuff to do today. Have a good one all.
Old December 20th, 2016, 06:46 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Spose to get near 60 today. Still lots of piles of snow around.

Have a Tuesday.
Old December 20th, 2016, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat

Jamesbo that was clever of you to reply to my post inside my post.
Mike, I'm not real sure how I did that Might be mod super power. I figured you wouldn't mind and I was too lazy [sick] to fix it

BTW did you see the 455 Corvair thread
Old December 20th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Always room for one more

No I don't mind, I thought it was funny.

Yes I saw that car. Mine is a mid V8 that runs back to a Corvair diff and half shafts. I've seen a couple Toronado Corvairs. Way cool. I've always wondered what they did to the wheels to stop them from steering. Because they were the front wheels in a Toro but now are back wheels in the Corvair. Hm. Four wheel steering.
Old December 21st, 2016, 01:02 AM

Good Morning.

Wow, slantflat, you def own some cool car! Ill saw last winter cool project on internet, it was some 50's-60's american pick-up ( sorry dont know pick-ups too well) with toro drivetrain on bed, and with lake-pipes. It was AWESOME looking!!.

My day wasnt so good. If you want you can read the long story from Project-topic, but long story short; today i went to do final assembly and get the rear under my car before christmas.
To get me happy christmas spirit.
Hell breaks loose, and when trying to collapse crush-sleeve, pinion threads collapsed.

It wasnt far away that big man start to cry.. Merry Christmas..
Old December 21st, 2016, 06:32 AM

Mawn'in

Chili but spose to warm up

London, My college bud married a Brit. She sent me sum yummy mincemeat this year

Inline, I guess I'm gonna have to send the Super model over there to straightn out your rear end [FYI double entendre]

I guess it time for me to start Christmas shopping

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old December 21st, 2016, 06:46 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Woke up to quite a frost this morning. Looked out the window and I thought it had snowed. Now that the sun is out everything is steaming.

I really like that car. Maybe Clint can go check it out for me and then I'll drive it home. If they still have it after I get my profit sharing I'll think about it some more. I would have to change that hood, though.

The days start getting longer tomorrow. Sure it's only a minute each day, but it builds up. Spring will be here in no time. That's funny considering this is the first day of winter.

Gotta figure out what to do today. Stop by the vet and give them the towels they gave me for my girl. That won't take long. Have a good Hump Day everyone.
Old December 21st, 2016, 11:38 PM

Good Morning.

Umhh, Yesterdays thankfully over. Life wins again
Btw, i counted, that between being at work, and being at home at winter, i drink approx. 50(!) cans less beer than at summer per month.
Thats a pretty huge amount.

There has been like for... 3 days? plus degrees, and snow has been slowly melting away. Really slippery.
Promises rain ( water) to Christmas-eve.
Hey btw, do you guys celebrate more Christmas day or eve at US?
Here the eve is more celebrated than the actual day. Actual day is used to rest and maybe visit closest relatives, like parents / grandparents.

Jamesbo - Whats supermodel?

Tomorrow, cant wait it. When you wake up... HAM IN THE OVEN!!!!

Last edited by Inline; December 22nd, 2016 at 12:32 AM.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 02:25 AM

Mawn'in

Inline, My wife is 6' tall barefoot so we call her the Super model. She strightens out my rear end on a regular basis

GTG The teen age drug epedemic continues so busy busy
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:07 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Ah my last day off. When I go back to work tomorrow I will be out of vacation and holidays, and I think PPT. Not to worry, I get new holidays January 1 and new vacation March 4 and new PPT April 1.

My neighbors are leaving this morning for Savannah which leaves me flying solo for Christmas. Hm. I had thought about flying down to have dinner with my family in Pensacola but the last flight home is 430 in the afternoon and I don't think they are eating till around 3. I might get a couple bites of appetizer in. Looks like this year's holiday will be a non-event. That's okay. Gonna head for the hills Tuesday, that will be a good time.

Going for pizza tonight, haven't been there for a couple months. Meeting a guy I used to work with. I'm going to count how many pizza places I pass to get there.

Okay time to find something to do. Hope everyone has a good day.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Going for pizza tonight, haven't been there for a couple months. Meeting a guy I used to work with. I'm going to count how many pizza places I pass to get there.
I'm gonna bet 150

Inline, FYI Mike drives 2 hours to get his favorite pizza
Old December 22nd, 2016, 03:17 PM

Hey Jamesbo that must be some good pizza that Mike gets, not sure if I would drive for two hours to get food.

Also, I know what you mean about good mincemeat. I happen to make the best mince pies ever. The secret is in the orange peel and cream cheese!

Nice day today, a bit chilly though not quite overcoat weather but bright blue skies and lots of sun.

Supposed to be nice again tomorrow so I think the Cutlass will get one last run out this year might even be brave and put the roof down and wear my scarf and hat.

Last day at work today, we close for two weeks. Damn, two weeks stuck at home with the family, that's not easy, I think I might need a project.
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:46 PM

Good Morning.

Same line with LondonCutlass, that has to be some really good pizza We ate alot on pizzerias this summer at work. Was always highlight of the day when we did go to eat.

Oh well.. Whole day ahead. Have a nice friday everyone.

And now when i destroyed my ring and pinion, im all over again behind the old problem, 3.23 or 3.42. I think im leaning more to 3.23 after all. Back then the decision was simple when used 3.42 came for sale cheap.

Soon my ham will find new home from our oven! Cats love it too, tho they can only eat really little of it since its so salty.

Last edited by Inline; December 22nd, 2016 at 09:06 PM.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 06:19 AM

Mawn'in

A mite chili but blue bird skies

Mike, Did I win? Was it more than 150??

London, I must confess, I googled mincemeat and it said some has real meat in it. I'm not sure this does. but I don't think so, it's an orange peel raison kinda flavor. It may be like chili or veggie soup is over here. Make it any way ya want to.

Kinda like my Brunswick stew. "I don't eat no one elses cause I don't know what's in it an don't eat mine cause I do"

Busy, busy as the holidays don't stop the reeper

Have a great day olds friends
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:15 AM

I had to log into Classic Olds last night, and even though I checked the "remember me" box, I just had to log in again.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
I had to log into Classic Olds last night, and even though I checked the "remember me" box, I just had to log in again.
There's a whole new thread about this. I'm not technosavy enough to spalin it
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:26 AM

Yep, I found the thread Jamesbo. Thanks.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 10:42 AM

Mine has been doing same, but ill suppose they get it fixed.

Everything ready for tomorrow Morning. All premades has been made to sauna.
At Morning i just go put fire under it and it lights, then ill wake fiancee when its ready.
After sauna she make rice-porridge, and from there the Christmas begins.

Ive never thought i would say this, but wouldnt it be fun to have children or two to watch enjoying all áspects of the christmas? Certainly would make atleast my christmas a lot more enjoyable.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 04:34 PM

Quick question. If you don't know what mincemeat ( Defo no meat ) is, I assume you don't have mince pies so what do you leave for Santa when he comes down the chimney?
Old December 23rd, 2016, 05:42 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got caught up doing other stuff before work and left late. So here I am. Doesn't look like much is going to happen tonight.

London we leave milk and cookies. Never heard of leaving mincemeat pie. Orange peal and raisins? Hm.

Jamesbo I forgot to count pizza places but I did see a huge sign for Johnny's Pizza when I got off the highway. I laughed. Johnny's is okay but it's no Aurelio's. It's hard to look at all the stores when you're driving.

Okay people are waiting on me. Have a good Friday everyone. Haven't seen Clint all week, is he mad at us?
Old December 23rd, 2016, 08:53 PM

London, I have no idea what mincemeat is, though I have heard of it many times over the years, so enlighten us if you may. Well I'm gonna wrap some Applewood smoked bacon around some Swiss cheese stuffed chicken breasts to take up to my sister's tomorrow. Everyone have a nice Christmas weekend.
Old December 23rd, 2016, 09:44 PM

Good Morning. Heating sauna up, and from there it goes.

Have a nice Christmas eve everyone!
Old December 24th, 2016, 03:57 AM

Mawn'in

Merry Christmas eve Olds friends

Mike, I'm linda glad ya didn't count while driving. I'd hate for you to end up like a possum on the Pascal Perez hwy [I-285] I gotta try this place out one day. Must be really good

Gotta start cooking for the wife's family [a.k.a. The cast of Sparticus] This year the party is at her brother's office down town. May have ta tote my heater

Making turkey breats, pigs in a blanket and smoked salmon dip
8 oz cream cheese, 8 oz sour cream per 1 16 oz can of salmon. stir it up and add a few drops of liquid smoke Voila smoked salmon

Have a great day friends If ya hear about a shooting in downtown hope it isn't me
Old December 24th, 2016, 04:13 AM

Ok. A brief history of mincemeat.
First mentioned during the 11th century after the English crusaders brought back certain spices from the holy lands. These spices were used as a way of preserving meat instead of smoking or freezing. Originally made in the shape of an oval to represent the crib that Jesus was put in, the meat was finely chopped and infused with the spices, lots of fruit was added and baked in pastry.
Over the centuries the meat was replaced with suet and eventually they turned into only fruit spices and usually some brandy.
They are also known as the Christmas pie and was introduced into the US early on in your history but was banned by the puritans as something that comes from the devil's butt!!
President Taft was a great fan of mincepies but for some reason they haven't caught on over there.
40 million are sold in the UK and probably the same amount are made at home. Great with ice cream.

If you ever come to the UK from Nov to Jan well worth a try, you won't be disappointed.
Old December 24th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Captain Starfire

Merry Christmas (Eve)!

Hope everybody is having a great Christmas weekend. And Happy Hanukkah to my Jewish brethren.

No retaining walls in da' hills yet, but thank God for the innumerable other blessings.

Ordered our new TV for up here on 12/16 and 'twas sposed to be delivered by the "Night Before Christmas." But alas, the Grinch of FedEx decided to delay shipment 'til next Tuesday. So I fought with the vendor and got a refund with the TV in mid-air (on the sleigh, of course). So I ran down to Sam's in Buford at 0-Dark-30 this morning and got the one I wanted from the get-go. Got the Dish system installed yesterday, so if the planets continue to align, we should be able to watch the Saints this evening.

As far as mincemeat, I like it, but we never get it anymore. When I was a kid, my parents & relatives wouldn't think of a winter holiday without one. But then again, there was a bakery chain in N.O. called McKenzie's (with TV commercials by their pitchman, the late
) who was easily responsible for 50% of the pies sold in the metro area.

Whelpt, McKenzie's has been closed (except for one location, which is not really like the originals) for a decade or two, and the popularity of mincemeat has waned accordingly. You can still get it, but it seems modern whippersnappers don't have the tastebuds for it the way their forebears did.

Merry Christmas, Olds friends.
Old December 24th, 2016, 09:01 AM

Been busy getting my oldest daughter's Christmas present in place in our garage.She is getting a 1973 VW Beetle as her Christmas gift from my husband and I,has the love for them since she was 13and said she always wanted one.It is our gift to her from us,she is 17 and has done good keeping her grades up in school working hard.Graduates next year,a senior and going to college becoming a surgical nurse.She just got accepted in this week and is excited.
Old December 24th, 2016, 01:40 PM

Good evening. Was a relatively fun christmas eve, opened up presents, had great morning sauna, ate well. Whatever could you hope? Now clock is so much ( lol, 11.30pm. But i FEEL old ) that fiancee is looking her recordings from tv, and im surfing on internet reading old things'n'stories.
Tho, thank god Christmas is soon over. I really dont have good memories of it until recently.. Which is kinda sad..

LondonCutlass- Ive never even heard about mincemeat. Had to google it despite of your explanation. Might have to taste it sometime if it ever walks towards me. Sounds interesting.

olds98lady- Nice present you and your husband did give to her. Its always nice when you get remembered for your doings, no matter whats the form of remembering.
One could hope for parents so nice.
Old December 24th, 2016, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Inline
Good evening. Was a relatively fun christmas eve, opened up presents, had great morning sauna, ate well. Whatever could you hope? Now clock is so much ( lol, 11.30pm. But i FEEL old ) that fiancee is looking her recordings from tv, and im surfing on internet reading old things'n'stories.
Tho, thank god Christmas is soon over. I really dont have good memories of it until recently.. Which is kinda sad..

LondonCutlass- Ive never even heard about mincemeat. Had to google it despite of your explanation. Might have to taste it sometime if it ever walks towards me. Sounds interesting.

olds98lady- Nice present you and your husband did give to her. Its always nice when you get remembered for your doings, no matter whats the form of remembering.
One could hope for parents so nice.
She has learned hard work pays off.My husband and I believe finishing school and an education is fully important in life.Get no where without this.
Old December 24th, 2016, 06:28 PM

olds98lady...how cool!
Old December 24th, 2016, 06:35 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Left the house early because I got to be king tonight. I figured it would be a piece of cake, but people are calling incessantly. Eh, first time I've ever been in charge so that's pretty cool.

Gonna fly out tomorrow morning and spend Christmas with my family in Pensacola. Wasn't going to, but decided I didn't want to stay home all by myself. So my sister is going to pick me up at the airport and boy is she excited. It will be a good time.

Jamesbo is the liquid smoke you use in the salmon dip the same stuff you put in the toy train to get the smokestack to work?

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and I'll see you back in a couple days. Right now I have to do work. Sheesh, I think I'd rather be the worker. Why does it always seem the leads don't do anything?
Old December 24th, 2016, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
olds98lady...how cool!
It is and she is very excited.Figured out her future what she wanted to do after high school,wanted to do something in the medical field.We have the keys in a box wrapped up and the car covered up in the garage.
Old December 24th, 2016, 06:53 PM

Are you going to video tape it?
Old December 24th, 2016, 09:44 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Merry Christmas Oldsmofriends

Old December 24th, 2016, 11:55 PM

Rocket Christmas?

Good Morning everyone. Nice weather outside.
Time for some coffee and rice-porridge, cya.

Have a nice day everyone.
Old December 25th, 2016, 03:03 AM

Happy Christmas Day all

Inline. If you private message me your address I will send you a pack of mincepies. I can't send any of my home made ones due to customs restrictions but I will get some nice ones from the shops.
Old December 25th, 2016, 05:00 AM

Merry Christmas Olds friends

Good news, No shootings downtown las nite

Bad news sum jackass booted my car

That's a heck of a way to spend Christmas eve .......booting cars
Old December 25th, 2016, 06:16 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Merry Christmas everyone.
It.snowed here all day yesterday so it's a white one. Not really an outside kind of day though with temps currently-20.
Enjoy your day with family and friends.
Old December 25th, 2016, 08:15 AM

Good evening.

Jamesbo- did you got parking fee or what for getting booted? If were speaking of same thing, locking one tire of car with a device which prohibits driving with it until you pay the fee and someone comes open it?

LondonCutlass- How could i say no to offer like this? Ill pm you. Many thanks!
If i can return the favour, just ask if you want something specific from here.

Well. Sauna is currently heating. Soon sauna. And beer
Got a bottle of good Remy Martin from my father. It really is good.
Lol, were always "fighting" with dad about Conjac vs Brandy.
Hes Conjac-guy, for sake of it being Conjac. Im Brandy-guy, just my opinion that for same price you get better brandy than conjac, since you dont need to pay for the "conjac"-suffix. Quess twice did i buy him brandy for present...

Tomorrow is boring. I already know. Travelling around mid-Finland meeting fiancees relatives.
Old December 25th, 2016, 08:35 PM
GM Enthusiast

Merry Christmas Oldsmofriends! Hope you had a fun filled day with family and friends.