The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 10th, 2016, 01:57 AM

Morning all

Very mild for December in London but dull and rainy. It's the kind of weather that makes everyone's cars filthy dirty. My white truck is now brown but it's not worth cleaning until the weather changes.

He'll of a day coming up today. Christmas party for three hundred children and parents and also my grandson is with me for a week as his mum is in Spain with her fella as he works in the film industry and they are on the set of Game of thrones. Never seen it myself so I'm none the wiser.
Also I'm in week 3 of the worse man flu ever.should have taken the docs advise two months ago when he suggested a flu jab.
Have a great weekend all.
Old December 10th, 2016, 04:58 AM

Mawn'in

24 degrees in de hills

Mike, Maybe I sould keep my big mouth shut

I don't think I've mentioned this laterly but I still have a PM from you that has shown up fer a year as an unread PM. No matter how many timess I open it and read it, it still shows up as New unread PM

Anyone know a Mod that can fix this

London, Sorry you're not feel'in 100% The spring thaw is right around the corner [I wish]

Inline, Many thanks for helping me understand English

GTG

Enjoy de weekend Olds friends
Old December 10th, 2016, 05:54 AM

That sounds absurd

Truth to be told, ive learned alot of english here, since at here people talk this and that, it teaches alot more than reading tech articles, they are so formal.

God im bored. But wasnt bored enough to go shopping with my fiancee
Are you having the same thing with your beloweds, they freakin have to touch every item, especially clothes, without even an plan to buy them!!!
If i go to shop, i know what im going to buy, just go get them and leave fast. Well, at summer its 99% of times just beer and sausage/beef

LondonCutlass - Im sorry but thats my idea of Great-Britain as a whole, dull and rainy Had to say, sorry.
Some preconceptions are just so strong that when you just hear the word some things came first at mind before any other tought.
But to give some credit, imo youve made the greatest looking motorcycles ever. Shame that your motorcycle-industry went as it went..

I havent watched either an single episode of Game of Thrones. Im not into following any series.

Last edited by Inline; December 10th, 2016 at 05:58 AM.
Old December 10th, 2016, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Inline
That sounds absurd

It's part of my charm
Old December 10th, 2016, 08:26 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning.
Thanks Jim, John and Dan. Might end up being a little like Paul though.

Dan, count yourself lucky that snow effect passed you by. IIRC it can be nasty heavy wet stuff and that would be hard on your arms & back.

Old98, you forget how to spell Winnipeg?😋

John, looks like fun riding in that buggy. I'm jealous if your weather.

Inline, howdy right back at ya. You still got it easy there temp wise. We're in the deep freeze here. -22 daytime high and overnights -28. Weather peeps say with Wind chill it's closer to -39 though. Not much snow here right now, we had a dump of it back in October though. My son crashed the Saturn into a tree that jumped out in front if him. Insurance ? Said it's a write off. Went to the boneyard and bought the parts cheap. Then had the frame pulled back to OEM specs. He learned a valuable lesson about winter driving and how much of the car is made from plastic.

Stay warm and enjoy your weekend.
Old December 10th, 2016, 08:28 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, talk to omicron. It sounds more like an admin issue.
Old December 10th, 2016, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Jim, talk to omicron. It sounds more like an admin issue.
I'm jes fun'in witcha. It don't bother me at all. Makes we think of Mike every day Along wit th 50/60 Aweful Houses I pass daily
Old December 10th, 2016, 10:29 AM

Off from sauna. God, thats life. Beer and sauna when outside its freezing. And some spiced beer-sausage with that. Thats how kings live, im sayin.

Allan R - Okay, you have alot colder than here! But we maybe have more snow(?)
Anyways, not my problem, i just throw more woods to fireplace! I hate winter passionately. It looks beautiful ( when theres snow to cover otherwise gray nature) but otherwise it just plain s***s.

Hmm, i also crashed my first car at my first winter. 85' Volvo 760.Therefore sounds familiar. One thing hasnt changed as the years have passed by; still all spare money goes to cars. Money is safe at iron, eh?

Last edited by Inline; December 10th, 2016 at 10:45 AM.
Old December 10th, 2016, 10:46 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Jamesbo that is still holding on? I wonder what I said. Must have been just riveting. I just got back from the Awful house as a matter of fact.

So last night there were four people on their Friday, me included, but the lead said he could only let off one guy. That's false, he just didn't want to let everyone go early. So I said I'm the senior guy I should go. Nope. Another guy came up with a song and dance so he left early. So, when I found out my last plane didn't have any parts and I was done with my work, I stood around and talked to a buddy of mine for an hour and the lead had to stay late and I still bitched at him for not letting me go early. He's put the screws to me more than once. The other Friday guys left well before I got to my last plane. Eh, what are you going to do. It was sort of like a game to me last night.

London I hope you start feeling better quick. When I was younger I'd stay sick like that, but now if something comes up I'm out like a light for a couple days and that's pretty much it.

Driving home from work the other day I was behind a car from Washington DC. Now, the plates in Georgia have on the bottom the county that you live in. This car had TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION. I thought that was odd. I mean, we all know that's what goes on but to boast about it on the license plates? The first thing I thought of was Schoolhouse Rock. That's taxation without representation and that's not fair. But when the colonies complained, the king said, I don't care.

Got my girl to the kennel just under the wire this morning. Mailed a couple bills so they'll make the truck to Atlanta tonight, and I'm headed to Florida in just a little while. It's a beautiful day here, only about 40, but should make for a nice drive.

Okay everyone have a good weekend and I'll see you in a couple.
Old December 10th, 2016, 02:29 PM

Inline,
Are you having the same thing with your beloweds, they freakin have to touch every item, especially clothes, without even an plan to buy them!!!
that's the way women are,
If i go to shop, i know what im going to buy, just go get them and leave fast.
and that's the way we are.
Old December 10th, 2016, 10:17 PM

Lol

Good Morning. Was a lizards night since i yesterday slept so long. Not going to happen again any time soon.

Think ill just leave to garage. Leave fiancee to look her tv-series.

slantflat - Sounds like a GREAT guy, that lead. Sounds pretty personal from his point, if you cant leave when youre ready, but others can.

Have a nice sunday everyone.
Old December 11th, 2016, 05:57 AM

Still nippy iin de hills

Inline, I have a specail outfit I put on when my wife ax me to go to the mall. I put on my Magnum Hawaiian shirt, plaid Bermuda shorts, dark knee sock and sandals. When I tell her I'm ready to go she says, "Forget it"

Mike, I have no idea what ya said, but it musta been prophetic

Well, Enjoy de rest of de weekend Olds friends
Old December 11th, 2016, 12:07 PM

Hey Inline, it's not dull and rainy all the time just throughout December and may January!!!
I suppose it's better than ice cold and snow. We haven't had any snow for a couple of years.

Starting to feel a bit like my old self today.
Going Christmas shopping tomorrow, leaving the wife at work then I can be done in a couple of hours. Think I will go into central London and have a look at the lights and displays in Oxford Street. No doubt the place will be full of Americans looking for a bargain!!

Hope you all have a great week ahead, even Inline with your beer and saunas and white fluffy snow!!
Old December 11th, 2016, 01:21 PM

Just finished up clearing out the driveway, as we got about 6" overnight, supposed to stop snowing tomorrow in the early hours. Went out to dinner last night with friends, something we do during the holidays, but there was only six of us opposed to the eleven that we started out with, one couple the wife was sick, and another had made plans with his family for a night out Xmas dinner, and the last couple had to drive three hours to Auburn Hills Mi. because FCA (Chrysler) is his customer (Mahle Engineer) for their Corporate Xmas dinner. I felt bad that he had to drive down there in this weather, as it was worse over there. But we don't seem to get together as a group that often, so we may try again in January.
Old December 11th, 2016, 07:25 PM

Good Morning, back on normal schedule.

Throw my fiancee to work, and then ill head shortly after to garage.
Finally at the point i can adjust my gear-pattern. Lets see how it turns out.

LondonCutlass- Thanks for clarification Wow, no snow for few years?

Oh well, have a nice new week everyone.
Old December 12th, 2016, 05:56 AM

Mawn'in

London, I think I caught the crud from you [not the flu]

I need to find me a fat girl to keep me warm

Have a great day Olds friends
Old December 12th, 2016, 05:57 AM

Quiet there.

Or maybe its just me not being at work

Well, spend a day at garage setting up my gears. Waiting for clarification atm are they now good, or not. I think they are, but id like to hear from others whos done it more than once.

Just ate, now just sitting at fireplace and burning wood on it.
Old December 12th, 2016, 06:13 AM
CQR

Mornin all. just a quick check in.

Have a Week.
Old December 12th, 2016, 03:18 PM
MOTORHEAD

Best fishes

Old December 12th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Monday greetings,

Been uncomfortable cold last week or so. The warm-up is coming though. Up to -13 today and more of same this week.

Jim, you like flirting with danger dontcha? What would de supermodel think of you getting a fat girl friend?

Dan, sorry to hear you're getting all the white stuff. With luck it will stop. I imagine you have a good 2 stage snowblower to help you out.

Hey Mike, I know how much your Saturn means to you. I found out a few things about it that might help if you have to replace the hard to reach parts on the passenger side. I found out by experience since it's not covered in the repair guides.

Everyone getting ready for Christmas? Our street is looking good with all the lights up and on.
Old December 12th, 2016, 07:04 PM

Good Morning.

Fiancee is getting ready for Christmas. And my electric bill...
Surprisingly quick it comes, just under two weeks for Christmas eve.

Well, havea nice tuesday everyone.
Old December 12th, 2016, 10:47 PM

Yep, Allan the white stuff is finally here, ended up with about 11", the snowblower..it's a 2 stage, handled it easily.
Old December 13th, 2016, 05:05 AM

Mawn'in

Still feel like poop on a white rabbit

But time marches on. Got allot to do today

Where's John??

Inline. What's the big deal with the power bill? Mine comes every month like clock work.

Speaking of saved stuff. I still have a FB poke from Sandy, I looked and it's 4 years old. Sure do miss her

Have a wonderful day Olds friends
Old December 13th, 2016, 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Still feel like poop on a white rabbit

But time marches on. Got allot to do today

Where's John??

Inline. What's the big deal with the power bill? Mine comes every month like clock work.

Speaking of saved stuff. I still have a FB poke from Sandy, I looked and it's 4 years old. Sure do miss her

Have a wonderful day Olds friends

No other big things in it than wintertime gets it to skyrocket through the roof. My "best" one last winter was almost 550$ for one month.
Old December 13th, 2016, 08:04 AM
Captain Starfire

Hey, guys... I'm here, Jamesbo... just busier than a one-armed paper hanger... Got the new Internet and phone on Saturday; Took bloody nearly all day (almost 6 hours) for him to install. Of course, the whole apple cart went tumbling over after that. Security system strangled, security cameras no longer on line -- everything I could have predicted, being a firm believer in Murphy's Law.

So my friend of 48 years, Barry the Alarm Guy (no relation to Larry the Cable Guy) was over here virtually all day yesterday trying to sort things out. This is the reason I've procrastinated so many years in doing this, paying $50/mo for slow Internet and $35/mo for phone service with no long distance or features.

I had just re-assembled the office after Saturday, and I had to dis-assemble it again yesterday again for Barry. The Better Half has no clue how lucky she is to be in Peoria~!

Today, it's re-reassembly; but alas, now even the new alarm system seems to be teetering on the brink; the more "features" it has, the more it seems to crap out. So now it seems Barry will have to make a return trip.

I don't know how the average person upgrades anything. Should it be this difficult? Makes you want to get rid of EVERYTHING and be a mountain man. What's a mother to do?

Anyhoots, hope everybody is healthy and wealthy for Christmas. We're having the big family gathering here on Saturday, so that should be nice (hopefully). I'll be doing the cooking, so I know at least the food will be good.

Y'all have a great one, Olds buds.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 13th, 2016 at 08:09 AM.
Old December 13th, 2016, 09:56 AM

John I know how you feel, but on a much smaller scale. When I moved to the new house I thought that I would have my surround sound/entertainment system quickly set up, as I had always done it before. I bought a couple of Klipsch shelf speakers to replace my too large Pioneer 100's, and proceeded to try and hook up the TV, receiver, DVD and speakers and failed. I have gotten nowhere, and will probably have to call someone in to get it all hooked up. I guess the ole brain ain't what it used to be.
Old December 13th, 2016, 10:33 PM

Good Morning.

Snow at night. But no worries, its sauna day!

Have a nice wednesday everyone.
Old December 14th, 2016, 06:29 AM

Mawn'in

I really do try to share de worm but daylights burning and I gots lots ta do

Have a GREAT day Olds friends
Old December 14th, 2016, 07:35 AM

God im angry for myself. I totally lost my nerves for setting up those gears.
Right at the start i broke my own rule, back at summer; dont never buy anything used which can wear. Best is, first i was just buying those gears, but ended to buy all new bearings, seals, truetrac.. And now im fighting with used gears since i cant get nice drive pattern. Why the f*** i didnt buy new gears too for starters?!?!?!
Now my old pinion nut is also destroyed for hammering it too many times to get the pinion out. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Stupid me. How much easier would ive gotten if id invested to new gears aswell??

Now i MUST go to heat sauna and take few, no, few more, beers. And do the snow-work while its heating up.

Share the worm??? Totally new saying to me.

Last edited by Inline; December 14th, 2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old December 14th, 2016, 08:44 AM

Inline,

There's an old saying "The early bird catches the worm" So the 1st to post gets the worm. I was trying to let others get the worm by waiting to post
Old December 14th, 2016, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Inline,

There's an old saying "The early bird catches the worm" So the 1st to post gets the worm. I was trying to let others get the worm by waiting to post
Ah okay. But you already lost By 8 hours to me, were GMT+2 and youre GMT-5
Damn, im at 2017 whopping 7 hours before you
Old December 14th, 2016, 09:33 AM

Inline, You're right but sum of us gringos gotta sleep sometime
Old December 14th, 2016, 09:49 AM

Inline, used gears shouldn't be a problem when setting up your rear end. have you posted any problems or questions in the repair and restoration forum on this site?
Old December 14th, 2016, 09:52 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Had a nice visit with my Mom, but came home to my girl not doing well at all. The doctor said she thought it was time and I agreed. I'm sad but this wasn't totally unexpected.

So I need to go finish up things this afternoon and then work. I'll catch up later. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old December 14th, 2016, 10:03 AM

Jeesh, Mike, I'm so sorry.
Old December 14th, 2016, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Inline, used gears shouldn't be a problem when setting up your rear end. have you posted any problems or questions in the repair and restoration forum on this site?
Yea on the drivetrain/ differential forum.

I think i might have acceptable pattern now, just had to ask monzaz and wait for confirmation. I have now drive side pattern just like in "acceptable patterns" on standard gear leaflet, near the toe, but perfectly formed with blurry lines.

And 99% perfect coast, covering whole teeth, having nice blurry lines, and filling the whole tooth leaving still a bit of space to root and face.

But IF its not good.. Have to order new pinion nut to use for new tries.
If its accetable i install it using the new pinion nut i have.

I think one reason getting me mad must be the 40min back and forth drive to garage. It would be totally different if my garage would be on my yard. Just couldnt save enough this year for it.. Hopefully next winter i have garage on my own yard...
Old December 14th, 2016, 10:42 AM

My condolences to you, Mike
Old December 14th, 2016, 11:28 AM

Mike, I'm so sorry
Old December 14th, 2016, 11:35 AM
MOTORHEAD

So
Sorry

feel your loss

b
Old December 15th, 2016, 12:19 AM

Mike. Sorry for your loss. It's gutting to lose a friend.
My little old man, Ollie, a West Highland Terrier is sixteen and a half which is about three years past his sell by date has started that downward spiral. That's a day I'm not prepared for.

Anyway, London weather report. Beautiful day yesterday, wall to wall sunshine and clear blue skies in the mid 50s. Weird December weather for us.
Off to pick up my new glasses today, bi-focals, ��. Special offer buy one get one free. I did ask if I can only have one pair and pay half price, didn't go down well.

Have a great day all