The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 17th, 2011, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
You got that right, Jamesbo!! I'll have to see if I can get Mr. "I don't work on cars" to take the battery out for me. I don't mess with batteries. They scare me
There's noth'in to it. Just don't try to measure between the poles with a metal ruler [like Blue did once] There is no way to get shocked UNLESS you get metal touching both post and you at the same time.

You gas stove is much more dangerous than a little ole battery.

Now promptly, put on you big girl panties and just do it.

You need to start buying tools insted of just parts and get those hands dirty.

You've got a side post right? Go to NAPA and buy one of their handy dandy side post battery mini rachets. Keep it in the glove box [or trunk] It just slips over de post one way to loosen and jes flip it over de utter way to tighten. Remember righty tighty/lefty loosey.

Remeber de "Little Engine that Could?"
Old March 17th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Cutlass Lover

You crack me up, Jamesbo!! I have tools, and I'm not afraid to get dirty, believe me. Nothing like grease under the fingernails, lol! Batteries just scare me. I'm headin home in 6 minutes, so I shall see what it's doing, or not doing. Nicole said the inside lights came on so I don't know if it's the battery or not.
Old March 17th, 2011, 02:00 PM

Well Good luck.

Bye de bye,

My dear ole departed mother used to beat me when I said, "I'm scared"

She'd say, "You're freightened or afraid of batteries..............not scared of them."

Did know I was a Joe P. of de King's English did cha.
Old March 17th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Registered

I'm headin home in 6 minutes, so I shall see what it's doing, or not doing. Nicole said the inside lights came on so I don't know if it's the battery or not.

The T&P valve on my water heater let go about 2 hours ago.
Luckily Redgoat knows about that kind of stuff and was able to replace it in a jiffy.

If it cranks and won't start check the gas gauge Sandy.
Then check for chipmunk nests in the engine room.
The guy from Germany asking where the tag should go in his "engine room" cracked me up.
One foreign guy called a piggy bank a "savings pork" and his musclecar a "bulking and strong" car.:
That would be "savings poke" to the Professor Henry Higgins of the south.
"The rain over dere in Spain falls mainly like de cow peeing on de plain".
Okay, before you ask you can be Eliza Dolittle Sandy.
I wonder if Scotty is manning the engine room?

Cars don't like strangers driving them, that car is used to you Sandy.
The last person with Tincanio probably wasn't so hard on the heater control.
Old March 18th, 2011, 05:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Mawn'in all

It's another beautiful day and I'm go'in do sum mow'in in de cemetery.

Guess what today is?

Why it's Vanessa William's Berfday. She 48 today. Seems like only yesterday she was ..................oh never mind.

Blue,

I don't know what you're on but I wish you would share sum wit me.

Sandy,

What's de werd? Did ya have to tow her home?

I'm afraid I need to go to CO anomynous. I'm addicted to dis place.

"Like Sands thru the hour glass, So are the days of our lives"
Old March 18th, 2011, 06:24 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Blue..... I'm with Jamesbo - I want some of whatever you're on, lol! You crack me up!

Well, it was NOT the battery in the Intrigue. She cranked right over, but acted like she wasn't getting any gas. Wouldn't fire. Larry told me to pump the gas a few times, and he was under the hood working the throttle or something, and she started. Black smoke coming out of her like crazy - flooded!

No idiot lights came on at all, she idled good. I let her sit idling for about 5 minutes, then took her for a drive. She ran fine no sputtering, no hesitation. When I got home, I shut her off, started her again. No problem.

So I don't know why she wasn't getting fuel? Maybe something in the fuel line, or filter? Fuel pump itself?? Maybe change in temp - vapor lock or something? I dunno. I didn't try to start her this morning, left her out all night. I was going to call Defer and see if Nicole could take her in, but Brian here says I should hold off and see how she does. I just don't want to stranded somewhere.

I'm sure if it's the fuel pump, it'll cost a pretty penny. Specially if it's in the tank like they are on so many other cars... I really don't have that kind of money right now. So, I dunno what I should do. Nicole has to take it to Ravenna later this afternoon. Guess we'll see if it starts.

It was 67 degrees when I left here yesterday! Just beautiful!! I started Teepo and let her run - she really wants out of there!!! I wish...... I took off her gas door cover so I could fix the little bit of rust it had on the inside of it and paint it. I took it in the house and laid it on the table..... then I got "The Look"! Did you know that car parts don't belong on the kitchen table? So I moved it.

It's a little sunny - right now - and it was 61 degrees when I left home this morning. Hasn't rained so far, but it's supposed to. I should have put on sandals this morning. It's already up to 76 here at my desk. I've had the fan on since I came in, and have my jeans rolled up to my knees and took off my socks!! Steve has his heater on in his office! Ain't no way the man could possibly be cold! It's nice out!!!! What a wimp!

So..... how many of you are not going outside on Sunday, so you don't get any Radiation???? Brian here says he's not going out of his house. Let's take a poll, lol. And I hear these Potassium Iodide pills are making people sick - if you can find them now - so I don't know. Myself, I think the Radiation is worse than what they're telling us, but how much we'll get over here, I don't know. It's worrisom. The government never tells the truth about anything, so I'm sure it's worse than what they're saying. When people start having all sorts of cancers and crap with in the next 5 -6 years, we'll know. It won't show up right away. I have to be outside on Sunday, so if it gets me, it gets me I guess!

Have a great day all!!
Old March 18th, 2011, 07:53 AM

Morning all, just woke up down here in Lake Park. Outside looks beautiful, just right for a road trip to Orlando as we are going to Disneyworld this afternoon and tomorrow.

Maybe the car just didn't want Nicole to drive it Sandy? Cars can be funny like that, lol

I'll be on the road driving to Hotlanta on Sunday Sandy so what is this about radiation? Did that power plant in Japan blow? I haven't watched the news in a few days.

Take care everyone,

Adrian
Old March 18th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Registered

You're supposed to say "I'm going to Disney World!!" Adrian, or don't they say that after they win some championship down under??
My non-pregnant business major daughter wants to run Disney someday.

I'll give you what I'm on for free, until you're hooked.

I bet Nicole gave it gas when she was cranking it if it was flooded like that, you don't touch the gas pedal on newer cars when you're trying to start them, computer takes care of it, don't need to set the choke like older cars.

I'm having an Atomic Fallout party Sunday, bring your own lead shielding.
You get more radiation sitting out in your lawn chair in the Sun for about a minute at lunch Sandy.
Plus what don't kill you makes you stronger, and glow at night.
Old March 18th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Cutlass Lover

You crack me up!! Don't ya have a wedding to get ready for or somethin??

Is Redgoat gonna wrap all up in tin foil on Sunday, lol?? Does he trust that the government is telling us the truth, that there's not much radiation going to come over here? You know they'd all head underground in DC, and leave the rest of us poor saps to fend for ourselves!

I don't know if or why Nicole would give the car gas. She's been driving it for about a year, and starting it fine? But who knows..... I asked if she did, and she said she didn't, but who knows! We'll see how it does from now on. I called Defer and asked Mark about it. He said just to hold off bringing it in, he doesn't want to run diagnostics on it and not find anything. If it leaves one of us stranded, I'll have it towed out to them. I told her to call me later when she starts it.

Adrian..... glad you're having a good time! I'd like to go to Disney someday. Nicole has been there a few times. She loves it. I've never been.
Old March 18th, 2011, 10:33 AM

Morning All!

So..... how many of you are not going outside on Sunday, so you don't get any Radiation???? Brian here says he's not going out of his house. Let's take a poll, lol. And I hear these Potassium Iodide pills are making people sick - if you can find them now - so I don't know. Myself, I think the Radiation is worse than what they're telling us, but how much we'll get over here, I don't know. It's worrisom. The government never tells the truth about anything, so I'm sure it's worse than what they're saying. When people start having all sorts of cancers and crap with in the next 5 -6 years, we'll know. It won't show up right away. I have to be outside on Sunday, so if it gets me, it gets me I guess!

Have a great day all!!
I'm ready!
Old March 18th, 2011, 08:20 PM

As the world turns

man o man drop off the clubhouse for a coupla days and all hell breaks loose, Geeze Louise Sandi you shore have trouble with that kid of yourn, time to trade her in on a hamster or maybe a pet mouse less trouble. Give her to redgoat for a couple of weeks. Don't just plant you foot in it and plow your way out of the garage then fill the deep tracks with gravel automatic driveway.
I will be back to normal soon what ever that means

Jamsbo cookup some roo for the aussi, I'm sure you can find it at the local meat market. Tastes like chicken i Hear.
Old March 19th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Jabdip

JABDIP-- "Just Another Beautiful Day In Paradise!"

A gorgeous day today---

Yesterday it was 86f here in the Blue Ridge Foothills. Supposed to be some more of the same, with a chance of showers later in the day.

I hope that everybody has a great weekend, including Nicole!

--Don

Last edited by Ddbord; March 19th, 2011 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Old Age!
Old March 19th, 2011, 06:36 AM

Sandy, I too take what the government says with a grain of salt. But I don't think we need to worry about radiation right now. There's all kinds of rain storms happening in the Pacific and I believe whatever is in the air will be washed out before it gets here.

I also take what the news media says with a grain of salt too. What sells newspapers? Big dramatic stories! Sometimes I think they sensationalize events to make them more of a story then they really are. John
Old March 19th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Registered

I have a married daughter and a new son-in-law now.
The first thing he asked me afterwards is if he can drive my GTO now.
He said he'll let me drive his G8 if I let him drive the goat.

Everything went perfectly.
The restaurant was really nice, fancy Spanish place, you guys would of loved the food.
I tried some sort of mushroom stuffed with crab meat appetizer and almost choked, worse than pickles.
Uhhh...there are no pics of the wedding so don't ask to see any.
It was dance night (if you catch my drift ) at the hotel bar where we had a small reception afterwards.
We had a separate area but were surrounded, no big deal, we all just get along.
My brother was harassing everybody in there after he had a few, you don't ask 6'6" strangers of a certain ethnic heritage if they're going home early to have a bowl of cereal.
And you don't even try to pick up their girlfriends.

Nicole next Sandy?
I should introduce my nephew to her, the one that's a cheerleader for the arena football league, he knows how to handle girls...literally.
He just got one to take him on an all expenses paid two week vacation to Hawaii, Uncle Redgoat taught him good.

Last edited by Bluevista; March 19th, 2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Too much
Old March 19th, 2011, 08:16 AM

mawn'in

Ddbord,

It's loverly down ere too. Been sett'in out taters and brocolli in my garden.

Next year round about February would sum body PLEASE remind me to get my gardening stuff together. Went out to crank up my Troy Built horse yesterday and the Frigg'in Throttle cable went Tango Uniform. Why in de wild wild world of sports don't I get this stuff taken care of early so I'll be ready.

Pat,

Haven't heard a peep from our Aussi friend yet. I think he's spose to hit Hotlanta tomorrow.

Blue,

Congrats. Did you ever get your tie tied? If'in you'd ax me earlier and I'd knowed you were headed fer a Spanish resteraunt, I could of told you what cha was eat'in. It's called "Tapas" It's jes a fancy name fer Spanish appetizers. But you could have impressed sum of your guest with you vast culinary lingo.

Sandy,

I went to de stow dis mawn'in to get sum stuff and guess what I saw right befo my very own eyes? Poke Steak. I said WTH, I'll give 'em a try. I'm gonna marinate dem and toss dem on de grill later.

Bye de bye...............I'm pretty sure I need to worry about poke fat more than Japanese clouds of radiation.

It's way too pretty today to stay in doors.
Old March 19th, 2011, 08:51 AM

Good morning guys & gal

Jamsbo,

Setting your garden already, sunshine and warm weather, man are you lucky, still cold wet and raining here. The pork steaks are ok but I still prefer thick pork chops grilled. I use a Mexican rub, garlic pepper and Natures seasoning on them, just had some two nights ago. Last night had great lamb shanks with gravy, mashed potatoes, and carrots.

Blue,

Sounds like everything went well at the wedding and Redgoat watched his manners as well. You've gained a son-inlaw and soon you'll be a grandpa what a change in your life

Sandy,

Your more likely to get run over by a train then get radiation poisoning from Japan. Don't worry about it.
Old March 19th, 2011, 11:11 AM

I put out 48 Brocolli plants and 2 rows of taters.

Usually about dis time of year, I set out sum cabbages and cauliflower. But one can only eat and give away so many cabages for people start run'in befo de sees ya.

Pat,

De mariande I likes best wit Poke is Stubbs.

Sandy,

Dat's a great ID. Jes Marry her off and let sum one else maintain her.
Old March 19th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Sandy, dat's a great ID. Jes Marry her off and let sum one else maintain her.
Sandy..... I agree with Jamesbo!

Just be SURE he's a mechanic!

--Don
Old March 20th, 2011, 05:13 AM

Morning everyone, Orlando Disney Land was just crazy, the place is HUGE

I will be leaving Lake Park in a few hours for Hotlanta. The food around these parts of GA is just great I might even put on a pound or two lol.

Talk soon,

Adrian
Old March 20th, 2011, 05:47 AM

Mawn'in all

Mawn'in,

Ausraven, whatcha been chow'in down on? What cha like de best? Do tell. Had any boiled peanuts yet? If'in ya likes sweet stuff, try sum peanut brittle. And fer breakfast ya gotta try Grits with country ham and red eye gravy.

Dem poke steaks I grilled last nite were pretty good. IMHO the marinate I used on dem was a little strong. It weks mo better on a roast. But I'm gonna try dem another way one day soon. It's kinda like hav'in a new toy to play wit. I'm think'in bout brown'in one side, roll'in dem up stuffed with grilled pineapple or sum'in. I'll have to get back wit cha 'bout dat one.

While I had de gril on I cooked me up sum I-talian sausages. I do beleive Bangers and mash wit grilled onions and gravy is gett'in to be one of my favorites. [only don't use bangers, use Italian sausages.]

The combo of onions, butter, poke is out of dis world.

Can't tell de diff in de moon last nite and I don't believe I'm glow'in from Japanes radiation exposrue frombe'in out all day in de sun yesterday.

Dat reminds me of what my dear ole deaprted mother used to say. "Horse sweat, men prespire and ladies glow."

It's another beautimus day in de neioghborhood so I'm gonna be out in de garden most of de day today. Ya'll enjoy de spring.
Old March 20th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Ausraven
Morning everyone, Orlando Disney Land was just crazy, the place is HUGE
Adrian-- Hope you got to shake hands with Mickey, and kiss Snow White!

--Don

Last edited by Ddbord; March 20th, 2011 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Spelin!
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Registered

My router broke down and the internet wouldn't work, I just had to eat crow after the cable lady on the phone figured it out after I blamed her.
The other million times it was the cable?

"Horse sweat, men prespire and ladies glow."
What about, "Horses have gas, men fart, and ladies get the vapors."

Mickey the Mouse...
Must be weird shaking hands with a critter that has three fingered giant hands with white gloves on and has a friend that's a dog and a dog for a pet.
Seems like some sort of cartoon slavery or canine trafficking laws are being broken?
Where are Pipeye, Peepeye, Poopeye, and Pupeye's parents?
Uncle Popeye never mentioned having any brothers or sisters?
The state child welfare agents should be watching that one.
Those kids all smoke pipes too, they contracted Dysphonia and talk like Froggy on the Little Rascals from smoking since infancy too.

Last edited by Bluevista; March 20th, 2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:23 AM

Good morning guys & gal

Sunshine and blue sky today. Guess I'll try to get something done outside for a change. Gonna throw some rib-eye steaks on the grill this afternoon, drink a few beers and enjoy the day.

Have a good one all
Old March 20th, 2011, 09:54 AM

Adrian jes called and he's about 150 miles south of Hotlanta. We're spose to get together tomorrow.
Old March 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM

Was sunny here, though a little cool...mid 40's. Decided to fire up the grill for the first time this year, sloowwly grilled a pork butt, before throwing it into the oven for a couple of more hours. Homemade bbq sauce, kaiser rolls and a couple of beers (1888 Bock) and I was good. Overcast and cool today, guess I'll just finish up what I had yeasterday.....oh well.
Old March 20th, 2011, 01:40 PM

Adrian jes called and he's about 150 miles south of Hotlanta. We're spose to get together tomorrow.
When you see Adrian say hi from the rest of us. Toast a drink or two to CO and the clubhouse crew

Cheers
Old March 21st, 2011, 04:20 AM

Mawn'in all

Another pretty day. Got an early Tee time dis mawn'in.

Adrian, his wife and daughter are spose to meet me fer lunch after golf.

Pat, I will be happy to follow your instructions [several times.]

Sandy,

I'm pack'in up sum fried Okrie fer Adrian to bring to ya.
If'in the grease don't make de bottom of de sack fall out,

Bonne appetite

GTG

Ya'll have a great day.
Old March 21st, 2011, 07:04 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All! Happy Spring to ya!

It's in the 50's here, but cloudy and rainy. Supposed to go towards 60, and then 30's tonight. It was a nice weekend - sunny Saturday but chilly, windy and in the 40's, yesterday was nice - almost 60 and sunny until late when it started raining. Didn't even think of radiation while I was out there, lol!

Well Tincanio has a flat tire this morning! Had to bring the Intrigue to work. I musta got something in the tire yesterday at my nephew's house. Never know what's in his driveway, as it's old gravel, and he welds and torches stuff out there and works on vehicles out there. Just leaves pieces of metal lay, screws, bolts, etc.... There's so much crappy stuff laying in parking lots and along side of the roads after the snow melts too.... We went to the cemetery and cleaned off the graves. All the crocus are blooming so pretty. And it was my nephew's 52nd birthday. I took him a cake, and we had an enjoyable day!!

I was hoping it wouldn't rain and the ground would be dry enough I could get Teepo out. No such luck. Rain and rain mixed with snow this week.

Citcapp... welcome back! Nice to hear from you! Hope everyone is doing ok now.

Blue.... God you crack me up!! Congrats again! Glad all went well! Redgoat behaved himself I assume?? I didn't see anything in the paper, lol!

Jamesbo...... I'm jealous that you're planting already!! That's a lot of broccoli isn't it? It's one of my favorites! I may plant some green beans up by the deck this year, I don't know if the deer will come that close or not. Probably will. I'm gonna plant my little maters in pots again. I love those things, lol!

So you found some poke steaks, huh? And you liked them? They're ok, but I'm like Citcapp, I like chops better. More meat on em. I wish it was Gawja peach time and you could have sent me some peaches, Jamesbo.

Well.... we just lost power here at work. All is dark right now. Don't know what happened. It's quiet in here anyhow so far this morning. Steve is out till Thurs. making sales calls, which is nice!

Adrian.... glad you liked Disney and are enjoying your trip.

Well have a good day all!
Old March 21st, 2011, 08:48 AM

morning guys, it's cold in NH and snowing once again...UNCLE!
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hi Tony! I feel your pain, lol.... we're supposed to get some snow this week.

So I forgot to mention that Nicole got the job at this other nursing home! The lady is supposed to call her tomorrow about setting up the physical and drug test.

Of course at this place, they have to wear green or maroon scrubs. Of course. She still has all the like multi colored ones she wore for her first job, that have only been washed once and are still like new, and this last job, she had to have white scrubs. So I told her we'll get some maroon dye and dye the white ones from the last job. Those friggin things are expensive! I have to find someone to buy those other ones, they're just like new!!

I told her she better keep this job more than a month!!!!!

She's also going to take a medical terminology course out at a vocational school starting the end of March, 3 hrs. one night a week for 11 weeks.
Old March 21st, 2011, 09:40 AM

Good morning all

Had a nice weekend, had a memorial service for my wife's dad on Saturday,all went well. Kinda draining so just puttered around the rest of the weekend. Got the 57 all check out and replaced a bad hose clamp now no coolant leaks. Took her for a drive, always makes me smile when I am behind the wheel with the 50's / 60's music playing. All of life's troubles just seem to drift away. The telephone poles look like a picket fence and lines in the road look just like dots.................................

Have a good day all.
Old March 21st, 2011, 10:31 AM
Registered

What size scrubs Sandy?
Erica wears those at work.
Are they the pregnant type?

Does Nicole like dental stuff?
Erica loves her dental assistant job and she was paddling that same boat all over over tha lonely sea of doubt after high school until she found something she liked.
Have to go to school for a year but you can get a job anywhere where people care about their teeth when you graduate and they'll place you, that does exclude England, Streetsyltucky and the southern states.

If you had a dog I could convince the dog groomer Erica worked at that Nicole knows how to wash dogs.
What a racket, 75 bucks minimum to wash and trim a dog, 2 bucks a toenail to trim them, it add ups when you have four feet.
It's un-American to not have a dog, people without dogs are always weird too.
They tend to talk to themselves or their cars a lot.
I know Larry grew up on a farm and all critters have to pull their own weight or be eaten, would he let you have a herd of sheeps and a good working dog Sandy?
Old March 21st, 2011, 11:01 AM
Cutlass Lover

God you just make me howl, lol!!!

Nicole has always wanted a dog, but he wouldn't let her have one. When we go up to Jeans, like yesterday, she's all over their dogs. Gets scratched and muddy and doesn't care a bit. She even buys them dog treats at Christmas! She's applied several times at Petco in Macedonia.

The scrubs are a size Medium, tops and bottoms, but baggy, ya know? They'd probably hang on your daughter. She's little. Nicole is tall! The pants do have the elastic waist, which is what makes them so baggy, but there's room for "expansion", lol. I think they'd be too big for Erica. Have her ask anyone she knows that wears them if they would like some - cheap! It's a shame they're just sitting in a bag until I can figure out where to sell them. I think there are 4 sets and a cute Halloween top.

So where are the newlyweds living?? Are they close by??

Tincanio has a bolt in her tire! Wonder if my nephew wants it back, lol! Larry took the tire off and took it to a tire place in Macedonia and dropped it off so they can plug it. I have to go get it after work. He said the tires aren't that great on it, I think they're the original ones, so I'm probably gonna have to get tires by next winter. I'll have to start saving after I see how much money Teepo wants when she gets out of that garage!
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:51 PM

Afernoonr all

Smacked whitey round pretty good on de front side [44 ] fell apart and made my clubs into helicopeters on de back side.

Just had lunch with Adrian, his bride Tink, and their daughter Minette.

Sorrry Sandy, Adrian has taken a liken to fried Okrie and we ate it all. Were your ears burn'in? Cause we were talk'in 'bout cha.

In de mawn'in de are headed to D.C.
Old March 21st, 2011, 01:49 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well I hope it was good talk, lol! So what all southern food did ya feed him? Did you have a good visit??
Old March 21st, 2011, 02:25 PM
Registered

I thought you guys down south eat dinner at lunch and supper at dinner and there was no such thing as lunch????

Well I hope it was good talk, lol! So what all southern food did ya feed him? Did you have a good visit??
I would of loved to have been a fly on the wall during that conversation, got audio and pics??

Fed the poor guy some slimy mucilaginous Okra.
I guess if you can stand Vegemite and 'Roo Burgers you can stand anything.

"The products of the plant are mucilaginous, resulting in the characteristic "goo" or slime when the seed pods are cooked; the mucilage contains a usable form of soluble fiber. While many people enjoy okra cooked this way, others prefer to minimize sliminess; keeping the pods intact and cooking quickly help to achieve this. To avoid sliminess, okra pods are often briefly stir-fried, or cooked with acidic ingredients such as citrus, tomatoes, or vinegar. A few drops of lemon juice will usually suffice. Alternatively the pods can be sliced thinly and cooked for a long time, so that the mucilage dissolves, as in gumbo."

It sounds like something that would come out of your nose to me.

I had me a mess of fine leftover baby back poke ribs with cone bread and greens fo' dinner.

Hmmm, must think of local Cleveland cuisine.
We could go down to Scotty's Playboy Records, Bar and Delicatessen (Division of Scotty's Landscaping) on Lee Road for some fried chicken and beer??

Last edited by Bluevista; March 21st, 2011 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Mucilaginousnessness
Old March 21st, 2011, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Bluevista
If you had a dog I could convince the dog groomer Erica worked at that Nicole knows how to wash dogs.
What a racket, 75 bucks minimum to wash and trim a dog, 2 bucks a toenail to trim them, it add ups when you have four feet.
And for $100, the dog gets a "happy ending" by being allowed to hump your leg for five minutes.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 05:54 AM

Mawn'in

Anutter beautiful day.

Blue,

It's kinda like the lady said after she kissed de cow. "It's all a matter of taste"

I lub Okrie. Stewed okrie and maters, fried Okrie, and boiled Okrie. Ya can't make a decent pot of Gumbo with out it.

Anywho, You don't even like pickles so what do you know 'bout good eat'in.

Adrian has gotten hooked on sum southern cook'in. I think he's about fondered on Chickne fried steak.

Sandy,

I''m jes kidd'in wit cha. We had a very nice dinner/repast.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 06:21 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Blue, you just make me laugh! How to you even come up with such words as Mucilaginousnessness ????? Sorry Jamesbo, but I have to agree with Blue - that description sounds gross and disgusting, lol! I don't really like Okra, but I would have eaten it if you'd of sent it! My mom loved Rhubarb.... I couldn't stand it! Guess we're all different.

It's cloudy and 40 degrees here this morning. More friggin rain coming, 1/4 -1/2 inch. I'm never getting Teepo out of the garage. Never. I walked out there last evening, and the ground is soooooooo squishy. Can't it just dry up already? Last year, she was out of there already.

Then we're supposed to get the snow/rain crap. I hope they miss on that forecast! I have to take some pics of my beautiful crocus and post them. I have soooo many! They've really like tripled! Daffodils are tall with buds.... I can't wait to pick them and bring them to work so I can smell them all day, lol!

Got Teepos gas door cover all sanded and repainted over the weekend. Looks nice! Now I gotta crawl back under her and put it back on, and start on something else. Laying on that cold concrete is not pleasant, though. Seems to seep up through the cardboard right into the hip bones!

Went and got Tincanio's tire last evening, but I had Larry put the spare on instead, and am using the plugged one as a spare. The spare is brand new! Lots of tread and still has the blue line going around it. I'm gonna get tires anyhow next fall. The brakes don't look real good. I'm gonna be needing them soon too it looks like. Always something!

Well have a good day all!
Old March 22nd, 2011, 07:05 AM

Good morning guys & gal

Blue sky and sunshine this morning, supposed to rain by this afternoon. Heading for Olive Branch Mississippi in tomorrow on business and back on Friday. Saturday and Sunday will be spent clearing all of my father inlaw's things out of his shop and house. That will be a sad experience. All this will make for a long week.

Sandy ya gotta get some gravel tracks to the garage, poor Teepo stuck inside and can't go out to play

Jamsbo, I like Okrie in Gumbo but cannot stand it boiled just to slimy for me. Like just about everything else cooked southern style.

Have a great day all