The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old March 8th, 2011, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Tony..... welcome back! Did ya even notice your first GM thread was gone, lol?? Hope all is well with you!

Jamesbo..... you just make me laugh!!!
Eh...it's all good
Old March 8th, 2011, 05:19 PM

I remember stringing beads back in kindergarten, didn't like it thought all the girls had cooties, some of them still do.
Old March 9th, 2011, 03:10 AM
Registered

Oh what a beautiful morning, or not.
I have to wait for the CO NE Ohio weatherperson report before I know what's happening.

Originally Posted by citcapp
I remember stringing beads back in kindergarten, didn't like it thought all the girls had cooties, some of them still do.
I think I know just who you're talking about....
I'll have to get a cootie shot before the next time I see her, you guys are safe, I have to live in the same state.
Adrian better be careful when he visits, he already left and I forgot to warn him.
When he goes home they may not let him back into the country.

I do remember this certain a group of boys in kindergarten that used to always take over the little kitchen area at playtime from the girls and play bachelor pad.
They would actually call it their bachelor pad, I didn't even know what a bachelor was and was scared to death of girls so I didn't mess with their play area, still am and still don't.
That show Bachelor Father was popular at the time, maybe they figured it out from that?
They made the chinese kid be the houseboy like the guy had on the show.

I think that certain person works with those guys now, I bet they all have cooties now too.
Old March 9th, 2011, 05:07 AM

Mawn'in all

Blue,

I can't hep cha with Ohio but Gawga is having the ole cow on a flat rock routine dis mawn'in.

I don't bermeber string'in beads in Kidergarden. I only bermember tak'in naps on a small rug.

I did find a mule shoe at a construction site next to de side walk once on a walk around de block in Downtown Hotlanta.
Old March 9th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Cutlass Lover

Originally Posted by Bluevista
Oh what a beautiful morning, or not.
I have to wait for the CO NE Ohio weatherperson report before I know what's happening.

I think I know just who you're talking about....
I'll have to get a cootie shot before the next time I see her, you guys are safe, I have to live in the same state.
Adrian better be careful when he visits, he already left and I forgot to warn him.
When he goes home they may not let him back into the country.

I do remember this certain a group of boys in kindergarten that used to always take over the little kitchen area at playtime from the girls and play bachelor pad.
They would actually call it their bachelor pad, I didn't even know what a bachelor was and was scared to death of girls so I didn't mess with their play area, still am and still don't.
That show Bachelor Father was popular at the time, maybe they figured it out from that?
They made the chinese kid be the houseboy like the guy had on the show.

I think that certain person works with those guys now, I bet they all have cooties now too.

EXCUSE ME SIR???????? Surely you wouldn't be talkin about me, now would ya?? It's good that you stay scared of girls.......... I'll be givin you a cootie shot next time I see ya! Go take your nap now like a good boy.

Morning All!

This is your NE Ohio official CO weather report for today, Wednesday, March 9, 2011. It's friggin rainin, temps around 40 degrees right now. It's windy. Snow is coming on Friday, an inch to inch and a half. It got up to 50 yesterday - was very nice!!!!!

I went out last evening and walked around the yard. Some of the Crocus have big buds with color!!! I'm anxious to see them open up! Of course the friggin deer have already been nibbling them and a couple Hyacinths.
Tulips are coming up. Lilacs have buds already. I think it's too early. We're gonna have frost again. Guess it's up to mother nature.

Time to start throwing the Irish Spring soap in the flower beds again to keep the deer out. Piles of deer droppings everywhere. Our fruit trees out back they've pretty much destroyed. Our little Japanese maple looks like a stick. Don't know what they did with the limbs? It had limbs in the fall. I hate deer! Larry was very upset about his trees.

Hope my tin can is done today. I miss it. Put gas in the Lexus yesterday. Almost $30 for 7 gallons. That's a crime. It's supposed to be going up again. I don't know what people are going to do. I can't wait to fill up Teepo this summer, lol! Remember when you could go to a gas station and say "give me a dollars worth"?

Have a great day all!
Old March 9th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Terrible weather around here........

We're supposed to get 5" of rain by tomorrow afternoon.

Jamesbo... If you wanted to golf here, you'd need Floating *****!

--Don
Old March 9th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Captain of my ship

Originally Posted by Ddbord

--Don
If I was on the fairway at #3 at our local club here my ***** would be floating.
Old March 9th, 2011, 09:13 AM
Cutlass Lover

You guys are funny, lol!!!!!
Old March 9th, 2011, 09:16 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

You guys are funny, lol!!!!!
Sorry, Sandy....

I didn't know you were watching~
Old March 9th, 2011, 02:18 PM
Registered

--Don
When it's real cold and the golf course is covered in snow I see the the guys golfing when I'm driving by and they have orange *****.
Old March 9th, 2011, 08:57 PM

Another busy week.

More work on the BBQ project. But all paperwork this week.

It is snowing... a lot. It is supposed to continue overnight and into tomorrow. Then it is supposed to go above freezing (5-6C) and rain Friday and Saturday. Is it winter or spring? I wish Mother Nature would just pick 1 and go with it.
Old March 9th, 2011, 09:12 PM

Here's a morning laugh for you....

Roy, an undertaker, recently came home with a black eye.

"What happened to you?" asked his wife.

"I had a terrible day." replied Roy . "I had to go to a hotel and pick up a man who had died in his sleep.

When I got there, the manager said they couldn't get him into a body bag because he had this huge erection.

Anyway, I went up and sure enough there was this big naked guy lying on the bed with this huge erection. So I grabbed it with both hands and tried to snap it in half."

"I see" said his wife, "but how did you get the black eye?"

Roy replied: "Wrong room.."

Old March 10th, 2011, 04:43 AM

Mawn'in all

Well de wind is blow'in de clouds out dis mawn'in and it's spoe to be a dryer day. We'll see. Most likely hit de mid 50's then drop as a new cold front pushes in.

Not to get too political ere but we have 3 friends on dis forum who have lost their jobs. It just makes me sick to my stomach. While de F&&%ing politicians throw away money at every turn. I fear de middle class is circling de drain.

Got a funeral today and gotta go give a speech next week.
Old March 10th, 2011, 05:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Ken.... that's funny, lol!

Well it's still raining here, but nice this morning. 46 degrees. Rain turns to snow tonight, after we go through the "wintry mix" of course, and snow tomorrow. Anywhere from 4-10 inches of heavy wet snow is what I'm hearing. Is it ever gonna quit? I figured on one more good snow before it's all over, and I hope this is it! I rescheduled Nicoles periodontist appointment tomorrow, cause I ain't a driving towards Cleveland with the idiots in the friggin snow!!!! It scares me enough when it's not snowing, lol!

Well Toyota sent Don the wrong heater control **** for the tin can. They called me yesterday. He was having the correct one over nighted to them, so I hope they get it on today and I can go get my tin can tonight! I miss it!!

I had to drive through some standing water yesterday on the way home on Rt. 91. Of course they had the little sign that said "High Water" right on the edge of the water. Couldn't see it until you were right up on it. Of course no one would let me go into the left lane either. Bast*rds!! The belts squealed on this Lexus, wipers slowed way down. Thought it would stall, but thank God it didn't! Pot holes are everywhere in the roads! It's a mess.

So I guess Corporate headquarters in Houston is having a 40th anniversary party at the shop on June 3rd. I would love to go!! I know I won't be able to though, Steve and Clay will go and Brian and I will have to stay here, I'm sure. Office manager (Steve) decides who goes - based on seniority. Clay used to work there for many years, and Steve and Brian have both been there several times. We haven't even talked about it any, and the owner wants the list of names by the 15th. Who knows? I'm going to have to bring it up. Clay said he doesn't want to go to Houston in June. Too hot for him. It would be nice if they wouldn't be selfish and let me go since I've never been there. But believe me, these guys think about themselves. I never know anything that's going on, until my friend in the NY office askes me if I'm going to one of the functions or something. I always say "what function? No one mentioned it to me". That's how I found out about the Houston party yesterday. She asked if I was going. I didn't know anything about it. So she sent me the email that some of them got. Ok.... enough whining!

Jamesbo...... I know what you mean about jobs and such. It's terrible out there. Manufacturing here in Ohio is way down, and I don't care what kind of reports they are looking at. I'd like to know where they get the figures they use. Driving to Macedonia the other day, I went one of the back roads and saw that the Graco plant is shut down and empty with for sale signs all around! I didn't know they closed! Yep... there's no middle class anymore. It's going to be the poor and the rich. Can't afford gas. Can't afford to eat. Sad...sad..sad.

So what kind of speech do you have to give Jamesbo?? The joys of Southern Cooking 101??

Have a great day all!! And may all your ***** stay dry and white, lol!
Old March 10th, 2011, 06:52 AM

Jamesbo......
So what kind of speech do you have to give Jamesbo?? The joys of Southern Cooking 101??

Nope, Believe it or not the Sierra Club............ about my Green Cemetery.

Probably oughta take my ash tray for my cigar. Huh ?
Old March 10th, 2011, 07:16 AM

2" of rain in on day here that was yesterday, high winds and another 1.5" by Friday which will bring us to our total March rainfall average. Mud slides closing roads all over the place. Be nice to see blue sky.

Have fun giving the speech Jamsbo, Just tell them you use lots of lime to hurry things along, they will love you for it.
Old March 10th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Just won't stop raining here. 2 days now. Over 5 inches at our place. The folks that live in the hollers are getting flooded out. Terrible.

Jamesbo, yo better talk English at the speech you're gonna do, or they won't know what you're talking 'bout.

Pat... Better start building an Ark!

Sandy.. You must be REAL BUSY at "work!"

Have a great day, otherwise.....

--Don
Old March 10th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Registered

The Sierra Club?
The Sierras aren't in Georgia???
My baby seester lives in Sierra Vista AZ and can see what I think is the Sierra mountain range deal from her backyard, thusly the name Sierra Vista??
I need to take my Vista Cruiser to Sierra Vista then I could cruise up into the Sierras and from Sierra Vista you could see a vista of the Sierras with a Vista and from the Vista on the Sierras I would have a vista of Sierra Vista.

Lime?
I thought you put the lime in the coconut and drink it all up?

Dress appropriately for the big speech and open with a good joke or thought Jamsbro.

Here's a thought;

"Did you know that people fear public speaking more than death?".

This would work;

The Sierra Club....reminds me of a joke I'd like to share......

Baby seal goes into a bar, the Bartender says "What'll it be?".
The seal replies "Anything but Canadian Club on the rocks!".
Old March 10th, 2011, 11:55 AM

I always open my speaches with,

"I feel like Elizabeth Taylor's 6th husband on their wedding nite. I know what I'm suspose to do, but I'm not sure now to make it new and exciting. "
Old March 10th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Cutlass Lover

You guys crack me up, lol!!!!!

The rain is still coming down here. What a mess this is gonna be tomorrow! I get to go get my Tin Can after work! I'm soooo happy!
Old March 10th, 2011, 02:17 PM
Registered

You guys crack me up, lol!!!!!

The rain is still coming down here. What a mess this is gonna be tomorrow! I get to go get my Tin Can after work! I'm soooo happy!
I hope they fed Tincanio's power gerbils or you aren't going anywhere.

Is the heater control a gerbil that operates a blow dryer??
Old March 10th, 2011, 02:26 PM

I think it was the **** that controlled the heater gerbil that she had fixed. It gives the gerbil a sun flower seed to make him work. That's why all those shells are on the carpet and those little tiny things that look like brown rice are gerbil turds. Make sure you vacuum often Sandy

Jamsbo I think your s'possed to imagine that the crowd is naked to make it easier to talk to them. That would be hard for me to do as most people look better with cloths on.
Old March 10th, 2011, 07:37 PM

The weather here has been all over the place today. Snow this morning, an hour later rain then about 20 minutes later back to snow. And now it is rain again.

Was outside not too long ago and I smelt a skunk... in March.

Glad to hear Tincanio will be yours again Sandy.

Good luck with the speech Jamesbo.
Old March 11th, 2011, 01:59 AM
Registered

I think it was the **** that controlled the heater gerbil that she had fixed. It gives the gerbil a sun flower seed to make him work. That's why all those shells are on the carpet and those little tiny things that look like brown rice are gerbil turds. Make sure you vacuum often Sandy

Jamsbo I think your s'possed to imagine that the crowd is naked to make it easier to talk to them. That would be hard for me to do as most people look better with cloths on.
So those weren't little chocolate sprinkles on the ice cream cake she bought for Larry for his birthday?

Only give speeches at nudist conventions.
I'd be up for it...as long as there's a podium to hide behind.
When I was twelve I was cutting grass at an old lady's house and found a 50's nudists magazine in her garage.
I made a lot of money and friends with that thing.
They do play volleyball a lot, the bike riding and fly fishing pics were a riot.
Old March 11th, 2011, 05:17 AM

Mawn'in all

De rain blew out but the cold front moved in down ere.

I hope I friends anywere near the Pacific ocean are OK.

Blue, You slay me. I've told you baby seal joke 100 X's since you posted it.

I know it's a little early for Halloween hunor but WTH.
Old March 11th, 2011, 05:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

You guys are funny, lol! Yes, all the gerbils are happy now! ***** light up like they should, tires are rotated, console lid is brand new, and I have an owners manual! I have "rest in my ***" as my mother would say, lol!

So it's a snowy sloppy mess out here today. Roads are horrible. Bumpy ice frozen to them that the plows didn't get off before it started snowing. Supposed to get rain tomorrow and go up to the 40's. What a mess. This is heavy wet snow, and lake effect is supposed to start. How nice.

We're fortunate we're not having earthquakes and Tsunami's. Those poor people! This won't help the gas prices - oil rigs on fire.... it jumped to $3.59/gal. around here overnight. Something just isn't right with this strange weather........

Larry couldn't get the tractor out of the back garage to plow this morning. Ground is too wet and he started spinning, so he just backed it back in the garage. Teepo won't be able to come out until friggin July at this rate. Next year I'm leaving her in the house garage and everything else can just sit out in the elements. Unless I win the lottery and add on to the garage!

Heard from Adrian yesterday! They made it to LA, so hopefully they are enjoying their trip!

Have a great day all, and stay safe.
Old March 11th, 2011, 06:16 AM
Registered

I drove by and Larry was pushing the tractor across the lawn with Teepo.

Stop at Home Despot and by 2 bricks a day then set them when you get home and before you know it you'll have a nice brick driveway back to the barn Sandrew.
You could just do two tire paths like the old driveways and it would be faster.
We had a drive like that in East Cleveland where I lived as a young youth.
My older brother Ralph could never figure why he had to shovel the foot deep snow from between the paths when there was no cee-ment there.
Could never figure out why he had to cut the grass there in the summer too.
Old March 11th, 2011, 06:20 AM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

We're fortunate we're not having earthquakes and Tsunami's. Those poor people! Something just isn't right with this strange weather........
I saw this when I got up this morning. Horrible devasation. Actually saw houses on fire being washed away by the tsunami. I hope Skylines, one of our members in Japan, is alright. The earth definitly seems angry and upset lately.

Adam
Old March 11th, 2011, 06:51 AM

Watched the news this morning. The power of those waves is devastating to watch. Everything washed away in seconds. Buildings looked like toys as they were tossed around. Feel for the people over there and any country in the way of those waves.
Old March 11th, 2011, 07:35 AM

morning guys....it's FRIIIIIIDAYYYY WAA HOOOOO.....lol
Old March 11th, 2011, 11:14 AM

Watched the news this morning. The power of those waves is devastating to watch. Everything washed away in seconds. Buildings looked like toys as they were tossed around. Feel for the people over there and any country in the way of those waves.
What these people are going through is just terrible. Makes me feel really petty having the nerve to complain about a little snow or rain.
Old March 12th, 2011, 12:18 PM

I absolutely refuse

to let this thread go a whole day w/o a post.

It's beautiful day in de neighborhood.

After yesterday, I beleive I'm gonna give up News for Lint.
Old March 12th, 2011, 03:31 PM
car guy

I'm erect

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...rashmahal.html
Old March 12th, 2011, 04:12 PM

Little late to say good morning. been out working on the 57 installed a new thermostat gasket, the damn thing started leaking with I was getting it ready for the first run of the year last weekend. Made my own gasket. The ones at NAPA where thin like paper. I just new it wouldn't seal. Then started surface rust removal on the 48. What fun.

Yes Richard I saw pictures of you erection on the other thread.
Old March 13th, 2011, 06:47 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

'Morning, all.....

It's a gorgeous day in the Blue Ridge!

Did everyone "Spring Forward?"

Jamesbo, I know it's beautiful inHotlanta, today!

Why not go play around?

--Don

Last edited by Ddbord; March 13th, 2011 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Stupidity!
Old March 13th, 2011, 07:07 AM

Mawn'in all

Originally Posted by Ddbord;261289Jamesbo, I know it's beautiful inHotlanta, today!Why not go play around? :D[I
--Don [/I]
Pretty day down ere too Don, I hardly ever play on weekeds. Jess too many folks out their within range. I'd get horse holler'in "FORE"

I may "play around indoors today. But tomorrow, I'm gonna be out smack'in whitey round bright an early.
Old March 13th, 2011, 07:23 AM
car guy

daylight when I get home !!! yah!
Old March 13th, 2011, 08:40 AM

X2 on that Richard. Time to start doing things again
Old March 13th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Registered

X2 on that Richard. Time to start doing things again
Like cutting the grass every week in the Spring?
Mowing the lawn for the high-toned.
It takes me a couple of days to rake all the gravel out of the grass from the snowblower before I can even cut it.
I'd put in a paved drive but I'm saving up for a drawbridge to replace the fixed one over the moat.
Old March 13th, 2011, 11:51 AM

'Morning, all.....

It's a gorgeous day in the Blue Ridge!

Did everyone "Spring Forward?"

--Don
Put the clocks ahead last night...went to bed an hour later and woke up later. To Hell with Spring...Summer has got to be closer now right?