The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2011, 11:27 AM
Cutlass Lover

Depressing, isn't it, lol! Jamesbo.... Southern Ohio has some rolling hills, but it's flat most places. Nice pic of the kids! You should have stopped by - I'd have went back to Arizona with ya, lol!!!! Bet you were glad to get back to the warmth, blue skies and sun!!!
Old April 21st, 2011, 03:16 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Boy,Dat part of Ohio is flat as a fritter.
Looks just like south Gawga, 'cept the dirt ain't red...
Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:22 AM

Hey everyone, glad to hear your feeling better Don As they canceled my night shifts this week I have been just stuffed, I'm not a morning person so waking up early 4 days in a row nearly killed me LOL

We have had rain clouds sticking around the last few days too Sandy, they decided to go toilet an hour ago I was mowing the lawn again today but the mower was having a hard time cutting the thick grass so I decided to fix it. It only had 2 blades on instead of 4 as a hole in the cutting deck had ripped through so I cut all corners off it and fixed it so it would hold 4 blades again, I even found 4 new ones in the shed so I put them on. Turns out the blades were for my father in laws mower, (mine spins one way, his the other) so now I have to go to the shop and buy a set for mine

I was going through my pics and I noticed the trucks that are on the interstate over there are quite small. I have added a pic of what a "proper" interstate truck should look like.

Have a Happy Easter ya'll,

Adrian
Old April 22nd, 2011, 05:30 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Ausraven
I was going through my pics and I noticed the trucks that are on the interstate over therine are quite small. I have added a pic of what a "proper" interstate truck should look like.
I've seen these things in Aussie shows, and wondered if they drove over the same roads as autos.

As you saw when you were visiting the USA, the longest rigs out west have three trailers, and in the east two trailers. I would hate to drive on our 70 MPH (112.6KPH) roads and have to pass one of those behemoths!

Hope you get "mowed!" I have pine needle "lawns.."

My cold is almost gone and I'm feeling good enough to go to the chiropractor today. I'll have to drive up the Saluda Grade to Hendersonville. NC in the pouring rain. Its the steepest mainline railroad grade west of the Rockies!

--Don
Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All! Well the few that have been on here anyhow, lol!!

It's another *****y rainy day here. Temps in the 40's and just dank. It sucks!!

I got the garage floor all scrubbed this morning. Used that floor soap Larry brought me from the shop and the old straw broom and scrubbed and scrubbed every which way. Then just kept throwin buckets of hot water on the floor to rinse it and used the push broom several times and finally used the squeege on the last rinse to push the water out. All the salt is gone!! Left the door up so it could dry out, then it started raining. It's almost dry out there now. My back sure hurts now!!

Nicole came by around noon, so we went to Bob Evans for lunch. She even paid me some of what she owes me! That was a nice surprise!

I love having a day off work! Amazing though how fast the day goes. If I were at work today, it would still be 10 am, and just dragging, lol! I did some laundry, and am trying to decide what to tackle next.

Gotta go to Ravenna tomorrow and take Lin to have some blood work done before her doctor's appointment next week, and will bring her back here to spend the night so she can color eggs with us tomorrow night. I love coloring eggs! I boiled 3 dz. today.

Adrian.... I don't like that truck/train!!! It would scare the heck outa me! I hate the doubles and triple trailers around here, lol!! You can keep those things over there.

Well John at Don Sitts called me. Teepo is all done except for the exhaust, and he's waiting for some dry days so they can take her to their exhaust place. I said I guess I'll see her in August then, lol! We damned sure aren't gonna have any dry days around here anytime soon.

Well I guess I better do something, even if it's wrong, so I'll talk to ya later.... if anyone is on! Have a good afternoon!
Old April 22nd, 2011, 12:22 PM

Happy Good Friday everyone. Had to plant sum pole beans cause it Good Friday
T-r-a-d-i-t-i-o-n
Old April 23rd, 2011, 06:09 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Good Saturday Morning Everyone.

I thought I'd be about number 10 this morning, but it looks as though everyone is sleeping in!

Rain is almost stopped after 2 days of nasty weather, sun is supposed to come out today.

Hope it comes out for all ya'll's!

--Don

Old April 23rd, 2011, 08:20 AM

Good morning all

Back from old Mississippi last night around midnight, sure is good to be home. That is some hot wet country. Had several thunder storms while I was there. I sure don't envy the people who live in that crap. Cool and sunshine today supposed to rain all next week through. Got lots to do to catch up around here so talk to you all later
Old April 23rd, 2011, 08:41 AM

Got a bit of rain and thunder last night, "heard a drip" somewhere...near the access to the attic. Took a look up there, and leaking @ the chimney. Called the guy that replaced the roof about 8 years ago, still waiting for a call back. More rain on the way, I am not happy.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 08:58 AM

Gonna be a nice one here today. Had yesterday off for Good Friday. Bought a $20 bench grinder off of Kijiji and cleaned some stainless tubing and metal pieces for the completed engine once it is painted and placed back in its spot. Guess I'll start cleaning the engine bay and maybe change out the power brake reservoir as the old one was starying to leak (and it needed painting). So for $40 I bought a brand new one.

Tried a Five Brothers hamburger for the first time yesterday. It was OK but not worth $7. The fries were good though. Reminded me of the fries I use to eat in Montreal years ago.

Jamesbo, have you ever tried Poutine? It's a French-Canadian concoction that is addicting. It was invented in 1957 when a trucker stopped by this restaurent between Montreal and Quebec City. The restaurant was about to close but the owner decided to try and feed the hungray traveller.

The owner had some fries left and the conversation went something like this...trucker asked "What is that?" "Cheese curds". "Throw it on the fries...do you have gravey?" "Yes" "Throw it on too."

The hot gravey melted the cheese curds and while serving it to the trucker the owner said "it looks like a mess" or in French "Poutine". It has moved from Quebec to everywhere in Canada and I hear that a place in NYC has started to serve it and it's selling like mad. Shouldn't be too long before it hits GA.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:21 AM

Good rainy afternoon all! It has been the worst April in some years. Upstate NY is used to rain but this is ridiculous The 2 Olds and the Girlfriends Stang Cobra have not seen the light of day! I put my sleds up and want to drive my cars . Hopefully May is gonna get better. Have a good day all! CARLISLE next Saturday. YEAH!
Old April 23rd, 2011, 09:54 AM
GM Enthusiast

Good morning all. Raining here today and cold in the 50's. Supposed to dry out later and be in the 60's and sunny for Easter. Putting in a brake booster right now in an Eldo, always something to do!

Darryl,

Where are you in upstate NY?

Pat,

I know what you mean about that southern heat and humidity, and it isn't even summer yet!
Old April 23rd, 2011, 05:46 PM

Morning all, my weekend off started OK but just went to sh*t. I mowed half the lawn again yesterday and I went to mow the other half this morning but my ride on had other plans. The rings went in it so now I have to rebuild that engine as well Not very happy now

Weather here at the moment is just some afternoon showers which I can live with, gives you the morning to get things done

Well I have to start looking for a rebuild kit for that engine, have a great easter Sunday everyone.

Adrian
Old April 23rd, 2011, 08:32 PM
"Car"mudgeon

First post here on the good morning thread, so Good Morning All and Happy Easter Sunday to all Oldsmobile lovers! May each and every one have a happy and blessed day.
Scot
Old April 24th, 2011, 04:09 AM

He is risen
Old April 24th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Cutlass Lover

Happy Easter All!

It's another soggy depressing rainy gray day here. Enough with this rain already. It was nice yesterday. Very windy but had sun/clouds and it got up in the high 70's!! Very nice! Had to put boots on to walk around the yard and pick some flowers, lol. Very very soggy out there.

I went to Linda's yesterday and brought her down here. She colored eggs with Nicole and I last night. We had fun!

Larry was disapointed that Nicole was here on Friday after she and I went out to eat. He thought she had already moved out since she was gone all last week. I told him it shouldn't be too long before she moves completely out, so he won't have to wait much longer. He said "good". That really hurts my heart. Don't know why he hates her so. I've never insulted his kids or talked about them the way he does about mine. I'm trying not to let it bother me, but it's hard. Nuff said. I'm not letting him spoil my day. Jean will be coming down to eat with us when she gets off work at noon. We're gonna eat 3ish.

Citcapp..... Welcome back! I want to go to Mississippi one day too, when we ever get to take our "southern" vacation that I want to take. But I want to go in the spring or fall when they say it's not so humid. I don't like humidity.

Jamesbo.... wish I could be doing some planting! My little seed starters haven't started growing yet. I'm getting anxious.

Adrian.... it doesn't sound as if you're supposed to mow the yard, lol! I don't think ours will be dry enough to mow until June at the rate we're going. We're supposed to have rain most of next week too. I don't think I'll see Teepo again until July, lol!

Well I better get off of here and get my hair washed. Didn't have time yesterday to do it, and it got too late after coloring eggs and making baskets. I was tired and went to bed. My back still aches after scrubbing that garage floor. Back to work tomorrow. I don't feel like I had 3 days off, that's for sure.

You all have a wonderful and blessed Easter! Don't eat too much ham, lol!

Blue..... what the heck?? Get your avatar back on here and chime in! We miss you!!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; April 24th, 2011 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Blue withdrawl. :(
Old April 24th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Captain of my ship

Yeah Blue , y'all could let us know when your gonna be away for awhile , or maybe Laura could
Yes I know ...so no lecture thanks Sandy. Being spring and all I have been trying to clean this place up as well as get the compost going and delivering some , and tilling folks gardens. All the while I have been fighting my back , which thinks most of this should not be done or my neck which has a new pain. Ah well , looks like nothing going to be resolved cause my NeuroDoc has taken a sebaticle for 2 1/2 months right when my appointment is supposed to happen I am about ready to give up on them actually being able to help me out.
I had to put a new battery in the Olds and take the carb off to have looked at so I am doing a little touch up painting. It is sunny this afternoon but the next 4 days look like rain. Maybe May will be dry compared to this month.
Old April 24th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Cutlass Lover

Okay Wolfie..... no lectures, hard as it for me not too, lol! I'll just say it's nice to hear from you, and glad to know you're still alive! Always lots to do once the snow melts and it starts to get warmer. I forget what warmth is, lol! It's been soooo long.
Hope you have a nice Easter!
Old April 24th, 2011, 09:33 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

A warm, sunny Easter morning in the south today.

I hope ya'll have a great Easter!

--Don
Old April 24th, 2011, 09:44 AM

A bit cool here, about 50*, will be headed to my brothers place in about 20 mins. Made a blueberry cheesecake. Have a good Easter everyone.
Old April 24th, 2011, 11:44 AM

Went from warm and sunny yesterday to cool and raining today. The plants are starting to open as are the buds on the trees should start to have better weather soon. Have a Happy Easter everyone.
Old April 24th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Window Sticker Reproduction

I received my Reproduction Window Sticker for Blue Belle the other day, and if you don't have one for your car(s) you should do so.

TK-65 has a remarkable collection of designs from 1964 through 1972 and has, with the help of Kurt Shubert, all of the accessories and their prices for each year and each model.

He charges only $40 to produce a custom window sticker for your car, laminate and mail it to your address. Additional stickers are $10. I got two. I asked him if he keeps the files if you should want one at a later date, and he said he did.

Here's a link to his page:

http://www.ultra-high-compression.co...rsforsale.html

No, I'm not getting paid for this endorsement, and I did PAY for both copies!

--Don

Old April 25th, 2011, 06:40 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

I guess everyone is busy waxing their Oldsmobles?

--Don
Old April 25th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Happy Monday to ya! It's wet, gray and dank here. Nothing new. I'm starting to grow webs between my toes, lol. Had to wear sandals today. Supposed to go up towards 70 but bad storms coming through later and tomorrow. Hope we don't get anything like St. Louis got!!! They're saying this is the wettest April on record. I believe it. We better have some beautiful May flowers, lol!

Don.... doesn't TK do a wonderful job on those window stickers?? Mine gets soooo many looks at the shows. People really like to read them, lol!

Have a great day all, and stay dry!!!
Old April 25th, 2011, 10:21 AM

How's everyone doing over here ?

Tony
Old April 25th, 2011, 11:05 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well hey there stranger! Where the heck ya been??? Hope all is well with you. As you can read, not much new going on around here. We're all trying to keep from drowning now, lol!!
Old April 25th, 2011, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ddbord
I guess everyone is busy waxing their Oldsmobles?

--Don
I was spray painting my battery tray and cleaning stainless steel tubes in the engine bay. I'll do more tonight. Weather is great and almost all the snow is gone. Some is still hanging around on grass but only where it was piled high. It's melting pretty fast. No snow on the roads at all. My engine should be ready in about a month, so I'm cleaning the cavity and spending more time in the garage cleaning and watching tv.
Old April 25th, 2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Well hey there stranger! Where the heck ya been??? Hope all is well with you. As you can read, not much new going on around here. We're all trying to keep from drowning now, lol!!
Been hibernating waiting for all the snow to melt. I was going to go to Louden Speedway in NH and turn a few laps in the Mustang but it poured out and even snowed in the morning.

On the upside it's suppose to be 70 here in a couple of days.
Old April 26th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Cutlass Lover

Hello???? Anyone out there?
Old April 26th, 2011, 06:21 AM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

Hello???? Anyone out there?
Nope!

Adam
Old April 26th, 2011, 06:56 AM
this is not my car lol

how's it goin, eh?
Old April 26th, 2011, 07:07 AM

Talking Good morning Olds fans

Another gray wet day in the great NW. Supposed to be a dry and sunny weekend coming up. The cruise in season begins in May, which is always fun. Should see a some new builds and meet old friends. Looking forward to a better year.

Whats cookin Jamsbo hows about some pulled pork for lunch?

Sandy got your car back yet? Gotta get her shined up for the show season

Tony, glad to see your back

442much, clean, clean, paint, paint, put back together and cruise betcha can hardly wait.
Old April 26th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

YEAH!!!! You all are alive out there, lol!! Thought I was all by myself today.
Jamesbo hasn't even told us how he golfed yesterday.

It's a beautiful morning out here today. There's actually SUN!!! I just walked out to the mailbox and didn't want to come back in here. It's probably close to 70 and very breezy. Of course we have storms coming in again later. Too much water around here. Wish I could send some to Houston cause they need it!

Citcapp..... Teepo is still at Don Sitts. They are waiting for dry weather (hahaha) so they can take her to the exhaust place that they use. Hopefully they can take her this morning! It's supposed to be dry here on Friday, so if they took her today maybe they could bring her back on Friday. That would be nice. They are done with everything else I wanted done to her. Can't wait to see that bill, lol! Brakes, water pump, other little things......

Our cruise season starts in May also. I wanted to go to one on May 5th - would be the first one of the season, but don't know if Teepo will be home, and I believe it's supposed to rain - there's a surprise - according to the 10 day forecast. We'll see. They could be wrong. I can't wait to start cruisin!!!!!! I'm afraid it's gonna be a short season around here, but I hope I'm wrong and the weather straightens out and it gets nice and stays nice! It was way to long of a winter, and now all this rain!

I went outside last night in between storms and took the Easter decorations out of the yard and put them in the breezeway to start drying so I can pack them away until next year. I have tulips showing color now - hope the damned deer don't see them! They've already eaten most of them. Some of the flowering trees are blooming out here. It's pretty!! I'd love to have just one week of sun and warmth!

Have a good day all!
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well John at Don Sitts just called me. Teepo is at the exhaust place getting her new system put on!!!!!! I was hoping they'd take her today while it's not raining! They're gonna try to have it done today.

It's also 80 degrees outside!!!!!! Our first 80 degree day! I am lovin it! The wind sure is fierce, though.
Old April 26th, 2011, 10:48 AM

Jamesbo hasn't even told us how he golfed yesterday.
I'm embarrassed 48/47

My Monday golfing bud had to play in a Ga.Tech tournament so I got another guy to play with me.[ Emory bud] Have you ever held a pin for sum one while they are sending and receivng tex messgae on their new I phone.

Another guy I went to Emory with sits there at lunch and surfs. To let me know the weather in Greece and other things I am most interest in.

I'm seriouusly thinking of not speak'in to people who are plugged in 24/7.

I know you just got an earth shatter'in Twit. But............................. PUT THE F(%(&% BALL while I'm still young.
Old April 26th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Cutlass Lover

Hi Jamesbo!! Missed ya, lol! Hope you had a nice Easter.

Well one of Don Sitts guys is bringing Teepo home for me this afternoon in a carrier, since it's raining again...... How's that for service, lol?? So I'll probably be leaving here alittle early so I can meet them at the house. John said he'll mail my bill and if I have any issues with anything to let him know, but he said all looks good! I'll be happy to have her home!!! John said they're getting a lot of the Oldies over there now for things to be done, since crusin season starts next week. I'm sure they need the space!
Old April 26th, 2011, 01:01 PM
Captain of my ship

Jamesbo , I hear ya on the 24/7 crap. Geez I still don't own a cellphone and probably never will. Like I want somebody to find me when I am outdoors enjoying myself. Like it says on my house phone ' leave a message and maybe I'll get back to ya '. Rained today and probably for the next couple days , so today I did a little touch up painting on the engine and things under the hood while waiting for the carb. Plus changed oil and filter , it probably had a couple hundred miles on it. Tomorrow is working in the basement , cleaning and organizing and building a new set of shelves. Maybe even a new sanding station and rollable planer table. Got the kid helping me the last couple days so might as well put it to good use.
Old April 26th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Captain of my ship

ONLY A TRUE GOLFER WILL UNDERSTAND THIS:

*Don't buy a putter until you've had a chance to throw it.

*Never try to keep more than 300 separate thoughts in your mind during your swing.

*When your shot has to carry over a water hazard, you can either hit one more club or two more *****.

*If you're afraid a full shot might reach the green while the foursome ahead of you is still putting out, you have two options: you can immediately shank a lay-up or you can wait until the green is clear and top a ball halfway there.

*The less skilled the player, the more likely he is to share his ideas about the golf swing.

*No matter how bad you are playing, it is always possible to play worse.

*The inevitable result of any golf lesson is the instant elimination of the one critical unconscious motion that allowed you to compensate for all of your many other errors

*Everyone replaces his divot after a perfect approach shot.

*A golf match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck.

*It is surprisingly easy to hole a fifty foot putt. For a 10.

*Counting on your opponent to inform you when he breaks a rule is like expecting him to make fun of his own haircut.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts

*It's not a gimme if you're still away.

*The shortest distance between any two points on a golf course is a straight line that passes directly through the center of a very large tree.

*You can hit a two acre fairway 10% of the time and a two inch branch 90% of the time.
Old April 26th, 2011, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by wolfman98
ONLY A TRUE GOLFER WILL UNDERSTAND THIS:

*Don't buy a putter until you've had a chance to throw it.

*Never try to keep more than 300 separate thoughts in your mind during your swing.

*When your shot has to carry over a water hazard, you can either hit one more club or two more *****.

*If you're afraid a full shot might reach the green while the foursome ahead of you is still putting out, you have two options: you can immediately shank a lay-up or you can wait until the green is clear and top a ball halfway there.

*The less skilled the player, the more likely he is to share his ideas about the golf swing.

*No matter how bad you are playing, it is always possible to play worse.

*The inevitable result of any golf lesson is the instant elimination of the one critical unconscious motion that allowed you to compensate for all of your many other errors

*Everyone replaces his divot after a perfect approach shot.

*A golf match is a test of your skill against your opponents' luck.

*It is surprisingly easy to hole a fifty foot putt. For a 10.

*Counting on your opponent to inform you when he breaks a rule is like expecting him to make fun of his own haircut.

Nonchalant putts count the same as chalant putts

*It's not a gimme if you're still away.

*The shortest distance between any two points on a golf course is a straight line that passes directly through the center of a very large tree.

*You can hit a two acre fairway 10% of the time and a two inch branch 90% of the time.
Gee Wolfie you have describe my golf game to a tee
Old April 26th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

How come Cha-Cha is the only one who talks about cars?

--Don