The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Ddbord
Gorgeous day in the hills today. Gonna be 81 deg. or so today.

I have a 'coon eating my newly planted annuals. Guess I have to sit out on the back deck with the Mossberg! Hate to kill any animal but this one has been reeking havoc around the homestead for a couple of years.

Have to get my new BTE hearing aids adjusted today. Got them after the Trophy Wife threatened to take half the money and move out! They work real good. Made by Seimens. Anyway, the TW is much more loving since I can hear what she says!

Sandy, I never went to show or cruise-in and I checked out the one's around here. They all seem to charge from $12 to $25 to register. Is it like that in NE Ohio. Some of them have 250 trophies to award. Sounds like everyone gets one! I can't seem to find a class for 'Blue Belle." Maybe I can win the "Other" class!

--Don
No excuse now, eh Don? Gotta listen to her.
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Cutlass Lover

Don.... there's no charge for our cruise in's here. They just expect you to buy raffle tickets for the drawings. For the shows there are registration fees, most are $10.00, some $5, some $8. I think there's only one I've paid $20 for. That's too much money though. Like Blue has said before, us with the cars are the entertainment - why should we have to pay? But the money usually goes for a good cause, so I don't mind. And not everyone at the shows get the trophies, believe me. Some shows have a few hundred cars at them.
Old May 9th, 2011, 04:09 PM

Talking

All of the cruise ins around here are free and there are several of them through out the season. usually flyers are handed out advertising local car shows by different club members

Don,

Hope you have the ability to shut those hearing aids off when you need a little piece the just grin and nod. I use a 22 with the short cartridge to get the coon's in my yard. I sit just inside the door to the rec room so the neighbors can't hear me. We have a no shooting ordinate in our part of the county and no trapping allowed. I guess we're supposed to train them to be pets and then feed them 3 squares a day for life
Old May 10th, 2011, 04:55 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter nice bluebird day. Gotta water everything in de garden dis mawn'in cause it ain't spose to rain til Friday or Saturday.

Smacked Whity round yesterday and played like a goat. On in 2, 3 putt, on in 3, 2 putt. Makes fer a long string of boggies.

Ugh, gotta drive into de city and go to de Dentist. What fun,
traffic + pain.

Hope all my Olds friends have a wonderful day
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:30 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by 442much
No excuse now, eh Don? Gotta listen to her.
....what, eh?
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:43 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by citcapp
I use a 22 with the short cartridge to get the coon's in my yard. I sit just inside the door to the rec room so the neighbors can't hear me. We have a no shooting ordinate in our part of the county and no trapping allowed. I guess we're supposed to train them to be pets and then feed them 3 squares a day for life
Where we live, ya'll can walk around with a holstered pistol, but ya'll can't wear it into the DMV or Walmart!

I think I'll just set on our back deck and have my trusty Mossberg 22 with shorts and try and pop it. The TW always says "...but he has such a cute face...". Last night she said "I guess you'll have to kill it."

He ate some more flowers after we went to bed.

--Don
Old May 10th, 2011, 06:50 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Don.... there's no charge for our cruise in's here. They just expect you to buy raffle tickets for the drawings. For the shows there are registration fees, most are $10.00, some $5, some $8. I think there's only one I've paid $20 for. That's too much money though. Like Blue has said before, us with the cars are the entertainment - why should we have to pay? But the money usually goes for a good cause, so I don't mind. And not everyone at the shows get the trophies, believe me. Some shows have a few hundred cars at them.
They don't have a category for my car. I just want her judged as a driver..

--Don
Old May 10th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

Late morning all!

Had a couple doctor appts. this morning, so I'm gettin a late start!

Beautiful day here again!! It's around 65, goin up to the 70's. We might get close to 80 tomorrow!!!!!!! Rain coming back towards the weekend though. Larry got the side yard mowed last evening. It was alittle drier than it's been. Back yard is still soppin wet though.

We had some steaks and baked taters and corn on the cob on the grill last night for supper.... delicious!!! I worked in Teepos trunk some more, sanding on that surface rust. Gonna rust proof it tonight after work and hopefully paint it tomorrow night.

Gotta drop Tincanio off at Don Sitts Thursday evening. She's missing a clip or something that holds the fender by the tire to the part that goes around the front end under the hood. Looks like the previous owner scraped something there. Don't know what these body parts are called anymore. There's so many of them. Used to be ya just had fenders, now they're split into different parts.

Well have a good day all! Enjoy the sunshine!!!!
Old May 11th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Beautiful morning out here today!! Goin up to 80!!!!!! It's about time, lol. We had a thunder storm come through last evening around 8. Lots of lightening!!! It kinda blew over us, it rained for about 3 minutes at the house, but the lightening was fierce all around!!!!

I'm gonna head to the car wash at lunch time and wash Tincanio. She is covered with yellow pollen and rain spots.... looks awful! I haven't cleaned her since I got her. Will do the inside tonight when I get home.

I'm all done in Teepos trunk now. Looks better in there, and only a few places I just couldn't reach. So now I can put my mats and spare back in. I discovered that if you get Eastwoods Rust Encapsulator on you, fingernail polish remover will take it off your skin very nicely, lol!

It's quiet in here today. Everyone is out enjoying the weather, I guess! Wish I was!!

Have a great day all!! Adrian.... you still around??? Wolfie..... you still around??

I miss Blue.
Old May 11th, 2011, 06:11 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter Blue Bird day here. Spose to hit 90

Ohio has officially washed away and on it's way down the muddy Mississippi to rebuild the Louisiana Delta [after a brief stop over in Memphis]

Ya'll have a wonderful day
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:31 AM
Cutlass Lover

It's 80 degrees outside!!!!! Happy Happy, Joy Joy! My kind of weather, finally!!!! Perfect lawn chair day. I should have called off sick. I think Houston should have given us the day off to celebrate! They don't know what it's like to go through a winter here, or they'd understand! Spring fever.........

Went to the car wash at lunchtime and actually worked up a sweat drying off Tincanio after I washed her. It was soooo nice to sweat again, lol. Got to wash her at home where I can scrub all the crap along the bottom of the body, off. Car washes just don't get it. But she looks better.
Old May 11th, 2011, 11:51 AM

Sandy my dear ole departed mother used to say,

"Horses Sweat, men perspire and ladies glow."
Old May 11th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Cutlass Lover

LOL!!! Well I was "glowing" and it sure was nice!!!!!!!
Old May 11th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Captain of my ship

It has done nothing but rain here the last several days , I have been keeping busy with my son helping me get stuff done around the house. Of course since he is unemployed I have been giving him some funds when I can. I have lots to do outdoors but it's still to wet and the forecast is for 1 day of sun in the next few days. Well stuff is growing anyway , weeds included. I have driven the Olds from Mom's garage to mine and that looks like about it for awhile. Ah well , they claim we are going to have a hot and dry summer? I hope so cause this weather makes me bones ache like heck.
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:57 AM

Evening all, I'm still here Sandy, just busy with work and the yard is all

It's been nice and sunny around here the last few days, low 70's for the most part but we are headed into winter so that will soon drop.

Good to hear you got the boot done on Teepo too

Happy late mother's day Sandy

Work is going crazy with safety at the moment, last night someone tripped up some stairs and broke his pinky so now we must use hand rails at all times or we get written up 3 strikes and your outer there I can understand having a safe work place but if you hire monkeys then they will ultimately hurt themselves

Well have a great day/night everybody

Adrian
Old May 12th, 2011, 05:47 AM

Mawn'in all

Gonna be anutter hot one today. De say thars a chance of showers but I don't beleive it. All my seeds I planted are just sitt'in in de dust wait'in fer a shower.

I'm try'in to hire sum one. I spent the last few days interview'in what turned out to be a complete moron. After two days of talks yesterday, de guy says, " I was mak'in $85,000 in 2002 and that's what I like to start at.

He didn't mention that from dat position he went to mak'in $35,000 a year [and lost dat job] to turtoring 2 kids once a week for $45.00/ hour. I didn't say it but............. I thought to myself, Wit you lofty opinion of yourself. I see you hav'in a long future watch'in reruns of Gilligan's Island at home.

Hello, We're in a depression.

Gotta go out and flag a grave dis mawn'in. Den I'm go'in to de stow.

Ya'll have a woderful day.
Old May 12th, 2011, 05:52 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by Ausraven
Work is going crazy with safety at the moment, last night someone tripped up some stairs and broke his pinky so now we must use hand rails at all times or we get written up 3 strikes and your outer there I can understand having a safe work place but if you hire monkeys then they will ultimately hurt themselves
Adrian, when, and if, ya'll get as old as I am, ya'll will need to use two handrails!

--Don
Old May 12th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

We had a light shower here this morning. Thunder was rumbling all around - some areas had some bad storms. It's getting muggy out there! It's in the high 60's now, going up towards 82 again. Yesterday was just soooooo gorgeous!!

I worked outside until 10:00 last night. It was so nice out, and I wanted to get Tincanio all cleaned up inside, so I did that. Took all the sheets off Teepo that I had her covered up with and cleaned out the newspapers I had in the trunk, then worked on Tincanio. I just hated to go inside, lol.

Hey Wolfie! Nice to know you're still around!! I know what you mean about the rain. That's all we've had for awhile. I know my bones are hurtin.... I been rolling around in Teepo's trunk for a couple weeks, lol. I ain't as young as I used to be! At least it's big enough I can get comfortable in there. Hang in there - bound to have nice weather eventually. I hope our summer is friggin hot and dry!!!!!

Adrian.... you finally get that mower going, did ya?? Larry was able to mow the back yard finally, night before last. My God the grass was tall! He weed whacked along the ditches and such last night.

I hope Tink had a nice Mother's day also! Yep, Teepo's "boot" is done! She feels much better.... just smells like paint, lol! Gotta get her aired out. I'm sure I won't be going to the Stow cruise in tonight - rain on and off today, it's muggy, and they're talking storms late afternoon. I have to take Tincanio to Don's tonight anyhow, so I'd be late.

Jamesbo..... what kind of position are you trying to hire for??? That guy you interviewed sounds like Nicole, lol. They all want to start at the top and work their way up!!

Steve is on vacation till next Wednesday, so it's quieter in here. Tomorrow will only be me and Clay cause Brian has to go to Columbus. We'll be busy, lol!

Well have a great day all!
Old May 12th, 2011, 06:30 AM

Sandy, I'm trying to find someone to shelp cemetery lots. Go to meeting at church's etc. and speak on alternatives to crematiion and/or traditional funeral.

I hate public speak'in [especially after cocktail hour.]
Old May 12th, 2011, 06:53 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good mornin' all! Another hot day here, I've got to go repair the central HVAC in my rental house today. I went yesterday to give everything a once over and the T-stat was blank, so I look in the closet where the air handler is located and the electrical disconnect was melted. Almost caused a fire, and that's what will cause a fire. So I switched the breakers off and have to see what caused it. Over time the high voltage wire will get hot and cold, eventually loosening the connections and start arcing until it finds a ground. Thankfully the breaker tripped before starting that blaze and hopefully all I have to replace is the disconnect. Word to the wise before the A/C season starts... Double check the tightness of ALL 230 volt connections and if your not sure about electricity, contact your local technician. They will usually come out and perform a one time "once over" for less than $100.00 (well worth it). Just make sure the will clean all coils, blow out drains, check refrigerant levels and tighten all electrical connections. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Scot
Old May 12th, 2011, 11:04 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Well I got lucky. It was just the disconnect I had to replace and only 6 inches of wire I had to cut off. Easy fix, but that $10 part could've cost me a fortune and not to mention some irreplaceable family heirlooms. Here's some pics of my would be travesty.

Old May 12th, 2011, 11:23 AM

Morning all, it's currently 50 here so not to bad. I haven't fixed my mower yet Sandy, I just borrowed my father in laws spare one to replace the motor with another one the same size I am looking at $1100 so that can wait a few weeks

Glad you found that electrical issue in time GAOldsman, could have been alot worse like you said there

Well time for me to go to work, still hate early mornings lol, have a gud'n ya'll,

Adrian
Old May 12th, 2011, 11:31 AM

Good grief,

Looks like you were lucky GAOldsman.

Bye de bye. You don't talk like you're from Perry,Ga.

Ya joined de "Good Mawn'in Thread" jes in time. Sandy has been whin'in 'bout de weather in Ohio fer 6 months. Now dat de snows melted, she almost tolerable.
Old May 12th, 2011, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I hate public speak'in [especially after cocktail hour.]
I had to do that in Beijing in front of 300 Chinese. Wasn't so bad because I had an interpreter. The second was even better, no one at the tables. I was the after dinner speaker at a Bulimia convention .
Old May 12th, 2011, 11:51 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Good grief,

Looks like you were lucky GAOldsman.

Bye de bye. You don't talk like you're from Perry,Ga.

Ya joined de "Good Mawn'in Thread" jes in time. Sandy has been whin'in 'bout de weather in Ohio fer 6 months. Now dat de snows melted, she almost tolerable.
Yes all too lucky!!
Well I'm a little "edumacated" fer dees parts, I recon.
LOL on the Sandy whining for 6 months
She should pack up and move to the Empire State, but then it'll be too hot I suppose. LOL
Old May 12th, 2011, 11:58 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Ausraven
Morning all, it's currently 50 here so not to bad. I haven't fixed my mower yet Sandy, I just borrowed my father in laws spare one to replace the motor with another one the same size I am looking at $1100 so that can wait a few weeks

Glad you found that electrical issue in time GAOldsman, could have been alot worse like you said there

Well time for me to go to work, still hate early mornings lol, have a gud'n ya'll,

Adrian
Thanks Adrian. Good lord $1100.00 for a mower engine, it must be a small block chebby I think I would replace the whole enchilada. Just my two zincolns. Anyhoo have a great day down there and don't work too hard.
Scot
Old May 12th, 2011, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
She should pack up and move to the Empire State, but then it'll be too hot I suppose. LOL
Not to mention de fact dat Everone would ROTFLTAO cause she ain't got the foggies ID how to pronounce Houston.
Old May 12th, 2011, 12:34 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Yeah it's actually pronounced "house-ton" and not "hyus-ton" LOL

They had a slideshow on wsbtv.com about the destruction @ Lake Burton, kinda looked like some of your pics. Might of been from the chopper in your pics. Maybe someday you can take me fishin up yonder an I could catch me a lake house fer meself. All joking aside I feel bad for those that lost it all, but luckily yours was unscathed. The band at my daughters high school and surrounding high schools are gathering five semi loads of supplies to help with relief efforts in North Georgia and Tuscaloosa/Birmingham areas in Alabama. 2 to N. GA and 3 to Ala.
Old May 12th, 2011, 12:55 PM

I sure it would be appreciated.

Several years ago, The New Yorker magazine had a scath'in article on Lake Burton and Lake Rabun [a.k.a Lake Superior] Atlanta folks have pretty much gone crazy up thar. The article said, people should just park their Rolls Royce down by the lake and let everyone know how much money they had rather than build those crazy boat house wit the fireplaces, slides etc. Thar's sum nut up thar that has a statue of liberty [complete w/ lit torch] on top of his boat house.

I ain't got a boat house I got a dock w/ one loley 17 ' Whaler w/ a 90 Honda and dat's all I need. My house was built in the 20's and I jes added on.

Come on up when gnat season begins. It's cool in de mountains.
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:14 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Sounds like a plan to me. 90 hoss? That ought to scoot on across the water pretty good. The gnats ain't too bad here it's them dern skeeters LOL especially in the evenin' But I have a wedding to attend down in Fitzgerald Saturday and if you breathe through yer nose thats where they wind up and if you breathe through yer mouth that's where they'll be too! I think I'll just wear my Sunday britches with the hole in the back so they'll stay away from my face.
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:26 PM

My grand daddy let me start smok'in cigars when I was ten down in south Gawga when we went dove hunt'in to keep de gnats away from my face.

Hey we could take Sandy w-a-y down thar in SW Gawga to the Whigham, Ga. It's nice and warm donw thar. I bet she's never been to a Rattle Snake Round up or had fried Rattle Snake with hush puppies or a poke rib sammich
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:33 PM
Cutlass Lover

......Sandy has been whin'in 'bout de weather in Ohio fer 6 months. Now dat de snows melted, she almost tolerable.

Jamesbo...... When I finally meet ya, I'm really gonna smack you hard, now!! You're bein a shi*!!!!!! And there was nothing wrong with the way GA was talkin, lol!

GAOldsman..... Someday I'm gonna live in Phoenix or Tucson. That's my goal!! I love the hot. Not the humidity, just hot. And sun! If ya'll lived here where you have winter for what seems like 5 years, gray friggin skies and no friggin sun for weeks on end, you'd be whinin too! It's depressing as hell, lol! Not to mention cold!!

Our company headquarters are in House-ton, lol! The fellow I work with here is from Houston, and says it's very very muggy there. I'm going to go to headquarters sometime before the summer is over. I'm looking forward to it.

We have a thunderstorm over us right now - it's an ugly one!! Guess they'll be no crusin in Stow tonight.

Jamesbo..... I ain't a eatin any rattlesnake! No... No.. No! I do like hushpuppies though!!
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:54 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Thanks Sandy. You are right about the humidity though. It is a bear when it's that dern hot and add sticky to the mix, ugh. Your company headquarters are where Houston, TX or Houston County, GA? And as far as copperheadedrattlemoccasin's go they are only good when hot out of the grease. I guess you could say they taste like chicken only fishy. After they cool off you might as well gnaw on an ole tire cause they turn to rubber. LOL Speakin of rattlers last time I was in Fitzgerald there was a HUGE eastern diamond back crossing the road on this old back country dirt road just wide enough for one car. Well that snakes head was in the grass on one side and it's tail wasn't to be seen yet cause it was in the grass on the other side. Fitzgerald used to host an annual Rattlesnake Roundup, but I think PETA shut em down, now they host The Wild Chicken Festival instead. In fact the whole town is littered with little wild chickens and roosters everywhere.
Old May 12th, 2011, 01:59 PM
Cutlass Lover

Headquarters are in Houston, TX. When I had to live in West Virginia many moons ago, we had rattlers, copperheads, black snakes..... I didn't like any of them, lol!! And I have no desire to taste any of them either!!!

I watch that show "Swamp People" on Thursday nights when I remember, and they're always eatin those gators. I have no desire to eat them either!!!

Or crawcrabs either, Jamesbo, lol!

Gotta go take Tincanio to Don Sitts in this storm now. Can't wait to see what they give me to drive this time! Ttyl!!
Old May 12th, 2011, 02:19 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Gator is actually pretty good if cooked right. And I'd rather eat frog legs and crawfish (aka crawdads) anyday than snake. But anyway you be careful out there Sandy.
Old May 12th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
I watch that show "Swamp People" on Thursday nights when I remember, and they're always eatin those gators. I have no desire to eat them either!!!
Sandy, ya'll only eat the gator tail. It tastes just like poke!

--Don
Old May 13th, 2011, 05:54 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to rain today but I ain't bett'in on it.

I'm headed to de lake/ mountains, Ya'll can come steal all de 69 stuff ya can cart off. Just me sure not to cut across de pasture. Even if ya think ya can make it in a 10 second sprint. De bull can make it in 8.

Dars jes sum'em wrong wit folks who don't eat crawfish. Dats kinda like not lik'in shrimp and grits.

GA, I think ya came along too late to get my Shrimp a ya ya recipe, Zo I'll post it again ere. http://ourlifeinthekitchen.com/?p=972 It'll make ya slap ya Mama.

All dis food talk is mak'in me hungry. Dat puney bagel wit nova I had dis mawn'in jes ain't gonna help me make it thru de mawn'in.

Hey GA, Would ya do me a favor? I've got me a hanker'in fer sum good poke sausage. De best I've ever had came from Strliling's down in Cordele. Would cha mind pick'in up about 10 lbs fer me and shipp'in it to me.My credit is outstand'in. I like the mild more better dan de hot.
Old May 13th, 2011, 06:11 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Yummy that looks delicious, we are always trying new recipes. Thanks for that one, I'll have to try it soon. Sure I can get you some Stripling's sausages, they have a website that ships as well. http://www.striplings.com/default.aspx Dey do make the best sausage and jerky. Just let me know before tomorrow morning if you want me to pick it up for you. Obotaybee?
Old May 13th, 2011, 06:23 AM

Well "Raise my rent."

Stribbling's has a web site. I didn't know dat. Thanks, I'll jes order it on line.

Now you folks who can spell Zamboni [with out look'in it up] can even order de best sausage in de world.

Sandy, Don, Ken. Pat............ I ain't kidd'in ya dis stuff is G-O-O-D. It ain't like dat sorry stuff ya gets in de grocery stow.

I led cha right on de "Miracle Cloth" and now I'm tell'in ya about de best sausage in de world.

Tanks GA, I'm gonna order me up sum right now.
Old May 13th, 2011, 06:30 AM
"Car"mudgeon

No problem Jamesbo, you know us Gawgian's will always be abligin' to 'dos in need.