The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 14th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, try installing Google Chrome or Firefox. They work better and faster than IE

The dogs like Arby's? You sure you didn't go to Arfy's?

None of the possible afternoon showers showed up here either. So I decided to water everything and not take chances. Hmmm. Shoulda washed the car - then it would have rained for sure.

Pleasant dreams all!
Old July 15th, 2012, 06:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice day, not to hot YET

I may hit a few practice ***** to warm up fer tomorrow.

Befo de heat gets too hot, I'm gonna go set out a bench in de cemetery.

Y'all enjoy de rest of de weekend.
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:47 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Well like Jamesbo said it's a nice day so far

Almost got my rental cleared out, only a few more loads left

Yall have a great Sunday afternoon
Old July 15th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Sunday afternoon everyone!

Well last night after all was said and done I was rudely woken up by da cow who brought all her percussion friends along for the ride. Light shows, really LOUD thunder that shook the house at times and den de cow let loose. So it's been raining now for over 12 hours. At first it was a little on the heavy side. Now it's tapered down to a nice steady drizzle. Supposed to be accumulation of 1 1/2" by tonight. I guess watering stuff last night must have teed off the cow.

Scot - so now that you're cleanin out the storage locker (so to speak) where do you put all this stuff now???

Jamesbo - ifn y'all hit some practice ***** up here today you'd be needin wader ta get em back. Not hot up here now (65) and almost no wind. Tomorrow might be about the same so I'll be stayin off de links fer a bit till it dries out.

Hope everyone has a safe & pleasant day.
Old July 15th, 2012, 01:39 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Allan fortunately I have some property in Hooterville (Haynesville) that my Dad left me and it has a 2400 sf 3 bay shop with a living area

and an old house there too,

so I am just packing stuff in there until I can go through it and liquidate the unneeded and or unwanted stuff. Hopefully we will have a cooler Fall this year so I can get cracking sooner than later. It's getting really crowded in there (the shop portion) because I have 4 vehicles in there and my Dad's stuff as well. I really need to clean it up but for now it'll have to be what it is.

Last edited by GAOldsman; July 15th, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old July 15th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Scot - your shop/garage is bigger than my whole house! Your Dad looks like he was a pretty squared away guy from the way the shelves are organized. I think I can just see the hood of your CS peeking up from behind that ol purple roadster.
Old July 15th, 2012, 05:43 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Yep Allan, you spotted Louise waiting patiently for her renewal And yes Daddy loved everything to do with automobilia that is for sure. I learned from one of the best
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:09 PM

Good Evening all.

This has been an eventful week.

My Dad and I have been working on the Cutlass a lot the last couple of weeks trying to get it ready for an out of town show next weekend. That was one reason why the last couple of weeks I have not been on much.

Last weekend (a week ago), while working on the Cutlass, my Father suffered a mild heart attack. Since then this week has been a stressful blur. He is back home and doing well now. He even attended a car show today.

Today, we attended a GM only car show, and since work on the Cutlass will be slow for a while, we decided to finally reveal it. I've posted pics of the Oldsmobiles at the show today in the "GM Show and Shine ..." thread.

I've also posted pics of the Cutlass in the build thread (Allan, did you read that? I've posted COLOUR pictures of the Cutlass! )

I will try to get caught up on the New Good Morning thread over the next couple of days.
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Lord it was a humid day here today. Mostly cloudy with some storms around, but we got no rain. It was 92. Sun was out off and on. You just felt instantly wet whenever you stepped outside though. It was yucky. Supposed to be in the 90's tomorrow and Tuesday, then go back to normal temps in the 80's.

We went to the Walton Hills show today. Got 1st place, Original Class!! I was sooo proud!! Lots of gorgeous cars there. We got sprinkled on a few times, but not much rain. There were storms all around us. Thunder and dark skies. I was watching the radar map on my kindle, lol. We were in this little clear spot. I was glad! We do need some rain though. I watered the stuff on the deck and out back this evening. Larry did the front. It's really dry. I see where we'll be paying higher prices for veggies and produce, since everything is drying up. It's a shame.

Scot... that's quite the storage place you have there, lol.

I'm putting pics on Photobucket and will post in another thread when they get loaded. Back to work tomorrow already.....

Have a great evening all.
Old July 15th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Always room for one more

Good evening everyone.

Here I am on my new computer. Got it all set up, just that it doesn't have email. So I gotta figure out how to remedy that. It's nice to be able to view every website I want to, and not get some message saying it can't open.

Paul, all the best to your Dad. Glad it wasn't too serious and I hope he gets better quick.

Finally tooks some pictures of the new truck today. Oh shaw, they are on the other machine. I will dig out the camera disc so I can put pictures on this one, too. Maybe they won't be so giant and I'll be able to post some once in a while. Oh I decided his name is going to be Black Hawk.

Sandy glad you got 1st place! And not getting rained on is the icing on the cake. Less cleaning for the next show.

Going to the doctor tomorrow, hope he gives me some good news. I'm guessing they'll want more blood. My foot is better but still swollen by the end of the day. Never any more chills or headaches.

Almost time for bed. Hope everyone is doing well tonight.
Old July 15th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all!

Well it's been a whole day of cow. Not complaining - we needed the moisture. Sposed to be 2 days of sun and then another 2 days of cow. Sun just in time for the Car show in Olds on Saturday.

Paul - YES!! I did see that and commented. Well done young man!! Sorry to hear about your Dad; glad he is doing better. Keep an eye on him and make sure he stays healthy ok?

Mike - congrats on your new puter. Now you can send Awful House your itinerary and ETA so they'll have your stuff ready when you walk in. Hope the foot swelling goes down really soon; no fun being laid up like that. Blood? Naw you got that all wrong. It's the gov't that wants all yer blood and money. Does your truck look like this??

Old July 15th, 2012, 09:12 PM

Boy, crazy weather here since last night. Cut the grass yesterday in the backyard

Attachment 175407

Was watching TV in the garage until about 2 am. Hear this lightning strike or what sounded like wood cracking. Walked around the house...nothing. Today it poured all day...actually it's still raining. Noticed this about an hour ago while taking pictures of my flooding backyard. No flooding in the house..

Notice the cracked branch? It fell on my garden shed. The parts shed is fine. That is a 12-14" diameter branch. I thought I heard something last night...

Attachment 175408

Attachment 175409

Attachment 175410

Attachment 175411

I was planning to get the tree trimmers in here this fall, looks like it will sooner.
Old July 15th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sheesh Ken! That branch looks like it has burn marks on it. Sure it wasn't struck by lightning? Yeah, it's been weird weather. This morning Global showed Sh Pk on the weather and it looked really nice.

Graeme spent a couple days at his buddy Solomons house. The basement flooded the first night. I picked him up. Then he went back the next day and the cleaners were there pumping it out. 2 days later? Same thing all over again.

My sump works fine, but it's not being overdone. I have really good drainage away from the house and our foundation was in a solid bed of clay.

Did the shed suffer any damage? That looks like a huge a@@ branch.
Old July 15th, 2012, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Sheesh Ken! That branch looks like it has burn marks on it. Sure it wasn't struck by lightning? Yeah, it's been weird weather. This morning Global showed Sh Pk on the weather and it looked really nice.

Graeme spent a couple days at his buddy Solomons house. The basement flooded the first night. I picked him up. Then he went back the next day and the cleaners were there pumping it out. 2 days later? Same thing all over again.

My sump works fine, but it's not being overdone. I have really good drainage away from the house and our foundation was in a solid bed of clay.

Did the shed suffer any damage? That looks like a huge a@@ branch.
I'm lucky that way too. It takes much more rain than this for the water in the back yard to get to the house due to the incline.The neighbour next to me has had his basement flooded, but that's because his yard rises away from the house where mine slopes down. Wasn't expecting a branch that size to give way. I heard it while it was thundering and lightning last night but didn't notice until a few hours ago.

Checked the shed and no water is going in, but it is dented up pretty bad. The blue nylon tarp on the roof is the reason it's still dry inside. I'm on vacation after this week, so after the show, just before the Alberta Summer Games, I know what I'll be doing. I'll rent a gas powered chainsaw from Home Depot and get some more fire wood ready for winter.

By the way, we have 54 cars pre-registered and 45 people coming to the banquet. I've had about 7 people who phoned and said they'll be there if the weather is good and we usually get another 20-25 cars that we don't know are coming. So far, Long Distance Non member is from Winnipeg ( or possibly Mission, BC) and Long Distance Member is from Qualicum Beach, BC (Vancouver Island). We've collected $1945 for the show and we have a week to go. I'll see you there, Cutlass or not.
Old July 16th, 2012, 04:17 AM

Paul, Wish'in your dad a fast and complete recovery

Sandy, Congrats A-gain [yawn]

Scot, Cool storage build'in I could use one [or 2] of them to keep my plunder in. Is it movable Does de rail run?

Ya'd think we could get sum pretty good chick pics from Hooterville.

Ken, Me thinks you were lucky. I had a few ones blow down last week but de didn't hit nutt'in

Mike, Good luck wit de doctor's visit. I promise I won't say "Black Hawk Down"

Yep, It's Monday an whitey awaits

Have a great day Olds friends
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:27 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Took the Fam to the MX track yesterday. Hotter than a sumbich. The truck showed 107F when we left at about 2:30. It was a good day riding... No injuries, no breakdowns.

Congrats on the win Sandy.

Paul. The car looks great, hope your dad's feelin better,

Nice shop Scot. Sure wish I had one like it

Bad news about the Tree Ken. Are you gonna use that branch to make an Ark?

Mike don't forget to check the gas and fill the oil.

Jamesbo, Happy Whackin'.

Allan, You need the moisture? When you've had enough, send it our way. It's getting dryer than a popcorn fart around here again. They say 40% today. We can hope.

Happy Monday!
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:46 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

Looks like another beautimus day ere, with temps in the low to mid 90's. And as usual a chance of the summertime afternoon popup showers.

Paul I am sorry to hear about your Dad and I am glad he's okay. Tell him we said to take it easy and to take care.

Jamesbo, no it isn't movable, it's on an 8" thick slab of the monolithic type How about these?

Ken that's a pretty big branch You may want to call a professional tree surgeon for that one, as it looks to be pretty dangerous. I used to do that for a living and it looks like it needs to be tied off to prevent further damage to the shed at the very least before any cutting is done.

Mike glad you got a new computer, now maybe you can be able to do what you want with it

Well yall have a wondermous Monday
Old July 16th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Muggy and sunny here now. Temps in the 70's climbing to the 90's later on.

Paul..... Glad your dad is ok!!!!! Tell him I said to take care of himself. He's such a nice, sweet guy. You keep your eye on him!!

Quiet in here. I picked some lilies and brought in with me. They smell sooo good!They're almost done blooming now. At least I got to enjoy them instead of the deer this year, lol.

Ken.... that's a heck of a thing! Glad it got the shed instead of your house. I worry about our trees when it storms and gets windy. We have huge old maples right by the house. One of them, this year, it's leaves dried up early summer - we don't know if the tree is dead or dying or what. Larry talked about cutting it down. We can't afford to get someone to come in and look at it. It only got a few leaves way up at the top this year, then they dried up and have been falling all summer? Who knows. I sure don't want it to come down on the house....

Mike.... hope you get fixed up!!

Well you all have a good Monday and try to stay cool!
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:02 AM

Morning all,

Jamesbo I was lucky. Could have been worse.

It was close. The building you can see near the shed is the garage. I had planned a trim for the tree in the fall, but I'll call them in earlier.

Mike, so I see you have a new truck, new computer and a lead foot.

Paul, hope your dad is doing well.

Clint, An ark....it's arcking over my shed. Better get a professional for this job.

Have a good day all.
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:35 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Does de rail run?
It ran mid 11's in the 1/4 when my Dad pulled the mill out to R&R the 340 that was in it and put a 360 in it's place so he could put the 340 in the coupe and take the 383 sbc stroker that is in the coupe and put it in my '67 stepside

Anywho now that I have it, I want to put the 340 back together and reinstall it into the altered, leave the mill in the coupe and stepside respectively and sell the running altered with a spare 360 eventually. Hopefully by the time I get her back together maybe the market will be up to snuff by then

The 340 was leaking coolant at one of the head bolts that should've had sealer on it when built before and that started all of the MAW's So basically I just have to put the heads, intake, carb, waterpump, timing cover, distributor and oil pan back on and it'll be ready to go. Thankfully he didn't disassemble the bottom end
Old July 16th, 2012, 10:27 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Just got back from the doctor. He said everything is looking good and to keep taking my medicine and that's that. So now I gotta go out and mow the lawn.

Now Ken I'm not as smart as you and I'd go out to cut the tree off the shed, and end up having the rest of the tree fall on me. BTDT.

Scot if you changed the engine in the coupe would that change the class that it runs in?

Sandy we have jasmine growing on the fence between my yard and the neighbors. My neighbor comes out and she says, this smells delicious!

Believe me, Clint, I'll be filling the gas, often. And 34 gallons at a time. If I could install another 34 gallon tank I might be able to make it to the end of the street without filling up. Then I'd have a 2500HD-ER.

The Blackhawk helicopter was named after the same guy I named my truck after. The helicopter spells it differently. Where I'm from everything is named after Black Hawk the Warrior Chief. It sort of looks like that picture, Allan, but mine has the HD front on it and sits up a little higher.

Well now that I have to go back to work, I have to get to work. I've let plenty of things slide this past week and now I need to catch up. Luckily I only work my three days this week then go on vacation.

Have a great day everyone.
Old July 16th, 2012, 11:24 AM
"Car"mudgeon

No I don't believe it would because it is based on a weight to cubic inches ratio. The coupe falls in the C/Gas classification based on the '68 - '69 nostalgic era which translates to weight of car = 8 to 9.5 lbs per cubic inch of displacement. So 3100 lbs divided by 383 cubic inches = 8.1 lbs and if I changed it to 340 cubic inches it would be 3100 lbs divided by 340 cubic inches = 9.11 lbs

However technically it is considered an altered since I don't run fenders

I hope your foot heals soon
Old July 16th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good Mawnin all!

It's beautiful outside today. Just went out for a walk and came back with the mail. Gov't cancelled my Air Brake Instructor's license, seeing as I didn't renew it back in May. Don't need it for retired life anyway. Nice of them to send me the cancelled certificate though, with an invitation to re-apply to become certified again (read that as if you'd like to spend your retirement $$$ for nothing)

Ken - if you want some help with taking that limb off? LMK and I'll pop over and help you. You want to take the shed apart and put up a new one at the same time? And yes, I'll be at Olds; looking forward to Saturday

Mike - glad you got good news from the Doc. So what did you name the truck? I missed that.

Scot - dat hooters pic isn't big enuff! Oh well gotta consider this is a PG rated site!

Clint - if there was any way I could help by sending the cow your way it would be arriving just as you read this. The water tables up here are pretty low, but from the news and what some of the guys on the site have posted, you guys need it more. Got my fingers crossed for ya. Well one + thing: with all that dry weather you can take the 67 out for a spin more often!
Old July 16th, 2012, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Good Mawnin all!

Ken - if you want some help with taking that limb off? LMK and I'll pop over and help you. You want to take the shed apart and put up a new one at the same time? And yes, I'll be at Olds; looking forward to Saturday
Allan, I checked it out this morning. About 10" of it is sitting on the main shed (missing the garage by about 6"). It is over the parts shed (about 15" away) and is about 15' into my neighbours yard. Didn't touch his shed...but his shed is a wooden one with shingles so no worries there.

I will try to see if I can get someone over to remove the branch and trim the other trees. If they're booked, I'll rent the chainsaw and start on the small end cutting 4' pieces out until I get closer to the tree (where I'll cut 2' as the branch gets thicker.) Appreciate your offer of help, thank you. You can stop by anytime (I'm off until Aug 7 after Friday). Probally won't make the call until Monday. Then I'll know if I'm doing it myself or not. New shed? Not if the old one doesn't leak. It's not leaking now, however if I have to do this myself, I'll need one...and possibley a garage.
Old July 16th, 2012, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hey everyone.

Just got back from the doctor. He said everything is looking good and to keep taking my medicine and that's that. So now I gotta go out and mow the lawn.

Now Ken I'm not as smart as you and I'd go out to cut the tree off the shed, and end up having the rest of the tree fall on me. BTDT.
Don't give me credit just yet. I have to see if the trimmers are available. If not, It's the charge of the light-headed brigade.

Glad the news from the doc is good. Take care. What a great excuse for traffic cops.... I'll watch for that truck on "The Worlds Craziest Police Video's"
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Quiet in here. I picked some lilies and brought in with me. They smell sooo good!They're almost done blooming now. At least I got to enjoy them instead of the deer this year
Can't send the 'smell' of these lovelies over the web, but here are some pics of the flowers in our back yard. As you can see our lilies are just starting. The Irises were a lovely purple/white when they came out. Most everything seems to be stunted this year, Any way here they are - for you to enjoy!
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:44 PM
Just an Olds Guy

A few more....

The beans are just getting flowers and they are under the protection of my 'guard flamingo' that I got as a gag gift from a curling Bonspiel. It's hand made and painted by a local artist. Has lasted for 7 years now out in the patch.
Old July 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cutlass Lover

Very beautiful, Allan R! And they smell soooooo good, lol! I love Marigolds and Dianthisis. Our stuff is so dry. Even though we water every night, it's not the same as rain. But I've enjoyed the hot and dry summer.

It's 93 out here now and heat advisories are out. I was thinkin bout goin to the Riverfront, but I'm sure it's full up right now.
Old July 16th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Cutlass Lover

Well I'm at the Riverfront! I called Don Sitts when I got home and asked him if there were any parking spaces left. He told me to come on over and he'd make one for me, lol. So I got over here and he moved his Corvette and gave me his spot. Its a nice one too.

I walked and took a few pics, but not many. Its 95 muggy degrees. I had a chocolate ice cream cone, lol and am sitting here enjoying the music and the cars. Life is good!
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:18 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

Thanks for all the wishes for my Dad, I passed them on and he appreciates it.

So, the weather here has been weird. I read a couple of days ago, we have had less than 1/16" of rain in about the last 3 weeks, and we only got about 10 minutes of it on Sunday to add to that. We had a brush fire late last week about 15 minutes away. It is under control now, but they say all the hot spots won't be completely out until we get a good rainfall. They even had a helicopter with a bucket dropping water on it. I can't remember the last time I have heard of that here. It has been weeks since the daytime high has been under 30C+ (~90F).

Sandy, I hope you at least got a pic of Don's Corvette. That is a great place to spend a nice warm night like tonite.

Ken, glad to hear the branch hit the shed and not the house or garage. Good luck getting it dealt with.

Mike, good to hear your foot is doing better.

Allan, please send us some of that rain. Just put it in buckets and send it through Canada Post!

Clint, that sounds like a fun way to spend a Sunday.
Old July 16th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Always room for one more

Good evening everyone.

Missed out on Summit tonight. There were some cloudy skies and a little thunder(but no rain) and the dogs were afraid so I stayed home with them. I looked out about a quarter to 8 and it was so clear and sunny. Rats. Eh, there's always next week. I always feel bad when I have to leave and they are afraid. This time I didn't have to leave.

Allan the truck's name is Black Hawk. I was going to take him to Summit tonight, so instead I think I'll take him to the Awful house tomorrow and to Walmart.

Sandy now that's some preferential treatment. Glad you made it to the show. I can't think of any time when car show wouldn't trump no car show.

I think I'll hit the sack early tonight. My buddy Johnboy is coming to pick up my trailer tomorrow morning before I head to Awful house. Right now it's hooked up to the blue Suburban.

Hope everyone had a good start to their week.
Old July 17th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Come out come out wherever you are! It's a sunny and muggy morning here. Heat index is supposed to go up to around 105 - 110 this afternoon! It's almost 80 now already.

Paul.... I'll have to see if I got Don's Corvette - I took a pic of Teepo from a distance and it may be behind her, as he backed it up. I know it was red...... It sure was a great night to be over there. I was hoping to win the 50/50, as my half would have been $335, but I wasn't lucky. I have yet to win any money this year. I could sure use it. Glad dad is feeling better!

There were quite a few Oldsmobiles over there - I took pics of them, lol.

It's quiet in here again. Gonna be another long one..... I'm not gonna go to Solon tonight. It's gonna be too hot, and I'm not nuts about their cruise anyhow. Only if I'm desperate, lol. I sent my registration in for the Solon Charity Show, though. It supports a good cause. There were sooooo many cars there last year. Don Sitts gives away $2000 cash as a prize. I'd sure like to have that! He's such a great guy. Sponsors so many shows around here. Not his fault if his guys mess up a 72 Cutlass steering gear box, I guess.

Well you all have a great day and stay cool. Will post the pics in the Gen Discussion forum.
Old July 17th, 2012, 06:14 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot one ere dis mawn'in

Mike, Red Dog goes fer a run in de high grass every mawn'in and den jumps in de lake [muddy end] He's on capstar [sp?] and de utter flea stuff but this year he's hav'in a heck of a time.

I've been putt'in 20 mule team borax on de carpets 'bout once a week and leav'in it fer a few hours.

Your pups hav'in flea trouble dis year?

Pat, fer a minute yesterday, I almost had it together. 43/47 [think de Coors kicked in on de back side]

GTG to de big city today to each lunch wit an ole friend.

Alpharetta Autobahn ere we come.
Old July 17th, 2012, 08:43 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawning all

Beautiful day in de neighborhood. Blue sky, 15mph breeze and about 68°. We have a low dew point so we get fair amount of it on the grass first off in de mawnin. Forecast is for beautiful 75 this aft with possible T storms. De cat says it's a nice day. Didn't want to go out though cause of de wind. She's finicky that way.

Jamesbo - nicely done. I could get that score too; on de first 2 holes though. Enjoy yer luncheon. Alpharetta Autobahn?? They really still drive that crazy down there? I lived in OH for a year back in 77 - took a few weekend trips to GA just to see de country. Back then the interstate was pretty decent. Only thing I had trouble was when getting off it and getting lost in some of de hoods. I didn't stop or roll my windows down cause I had been 'warned' not to.

Mike - hope we don't ever hear about 'Black Hawk down'.

Sandy - jess tell Don ta 'donate' the 2K for all de werk ya given him over de years??? Do many of the shows down there offer cash awards? This is the first time I'm hearing about that. Maybe I'm just to newb to the show thing....

Well, on to a nice hot cuppa koffee with some intl flavor butter pecan in it. (highly addictive BTW)
Old July 17th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Captain Starfire

Hola, Oldsmopeople

Rain chances are on the decline and the mercury is on the incline... but why should we be different down here?

Clint, ha' bout dem hi temps over by you? Deze daze, da folks in the "cooler climes" have hotter temps than we do down here in the swamps.

Ken, wow... quite a tree~~ Glad it didn't cause more damage than it did... you really were lucky. During hurricanes, falling trees ruin more homes down here on the North Shore than the wind.

Jamesbo --> that sounds like a plan. Nuttin' fancy over here; just come by for a little grillin' & chillin' one evenin'. We'll be back up in the next couple months.

Sandy, good to see you say, "Life is good." So glad for you after all that humbug.

Scot, if dem Shady Rest Hooters babes came to Awful House, Mike would work 4 free. And glad to hear your health is steady as she goes, Mike.... but sometimes, ya' gotta' wonder about those in-n-out doctor appointments. Hope they're givin' you the care and time you deserve.

Allan, gorgeous flowers! I have a black thumb; maybe when I retire, I'll do better w/ the garden; I just don't spend enough time on it to show any results. Maybe you could share a few "macro" pic's of the garden and landscaping, in addition to the individual blooms?

Have a cool, wet afternoon, everybody....

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; July 17th, 2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Just an Olds Guy

John, I'm not really a green thumb - Mom nature does it for me. I just water and weed the durn things. There's some liatrus on the way and prolly today the blood red lilies will be opening. That makes lessee now.....6 different colors according to the missus - white, yellow, orange, more orange, pinkish and blood red. I don't have anything spectacular for landscaping. Don't have a spare 25,000 to spend there. I'm pretty good with the basics = grass, planters and a good ol Oak tree.

We gots a couple Hooters here too, but dey don't look nothin like them uh wimmen, ya dats it wimmen. I was gonna say bodayshus bods and ta tas but den I realized dat might be wrong here....

Anyone here beside me old enough to remember Petticoat Junction - set in "Hooterville"? Before Hooter meant somethin else? Show ran from 1963-1970. I kinda had a crush on Billie Jo....or was it Bobby Jo...or was it Betty Jo??? Aw heck they were all so pretty to me back then.

Paul - if I could sent that moisture your way......I see on the national weather you guys have been getting hammered with hot days, just like our southern neighbors.
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Cutlass Lover

Well it sure is hot out here, lol. I laid in my lounge chair at lunch time. Sweated wet, lol. My hair is wet where it's pulled back in the hair band. But it's breezy which is nice. Actual temp is 93 don't know what the heat index says it feels like. I love the heat!

We're supposed to get rain tomorrow and possibly Thurs. morning and cool back to the 80's where we should be. Don't know about chick a fil a tomorrow night.....

My poor flower beds are so crappy this year. I haven't been able to keep up with the weeds. My beautiful Snapdragons are over run with crab grass in the bed. I haven't been able to get the hoe out and chop that crap out of there yet. I hate crab grass. It's damned near impossible to pull and get the roots. Maybe I can work on that tonight. I feel pretty good. I just don't want to over do.... It's hard to keep up with things when it's car show season and you haven't felt good for a month, lol.

Thanks, John. It's nice to feel good again. Just hope I can still say that next month at this time, lol. Life is always good.... just not so much when you're in pain and can't enjoy it. But car shows and cruise in's are good for what ails ya!

This coming Saturday is the Animal Protective League show in Ravenna. I have to stock up on dog and cat food, litter, treats, paper towels and all that stuff to donate. Last year I won that strange award there, remember? I'll post a pic of it. I sit it out on the deck in the morning so the light on top of it can charge, and it's really pretty in the breezeway at night. I don't want to leave it outside overnight or it will get yucky. Most unusual thing I've ever won, lol. And it weighs a ton!

I'm thinking about ordering pizza for supper tonight and picking it up on the way home. Too hot to cook. I don't even get that hungry when it's this hot. I have no appetite. Of course I drink so much water all day long I don't really get hungry.

This is the 'unusual' award...

Attachment 175366

Here are some pics of the lillies I brought in to work Monday. I love them!

Attachment 175367

Attachment 175368

Attachment 175369
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:47 AM

[QUOTE=Allan R;429482....

Anyone here beside me old enough to remember Petticoat Junction - set in "Hooterville"? Before Hooter meant somethin else? Show ran from 1963-1970. I kinda had a crush on Billie Jo....or was it Bobby Jo...or was it Betty Jo??? Aw heck they were all so pretty to me back then.[/QUOTE]

Well yeah Allen,

Dat's what prompted me to ax fer pics when Scot mentioned Hooterviile, Ga
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Cutlass Lover

I remember the show too, just barely though. I remember that water tower or whatever it was. "Come ride the little train that is rolling down the tracks to the junction.... Petticoat Junction."
Old July 17th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

I think we're about to have a cow. Funny, a little while ago when the sun was out it was thundering, and now that it's dark there's no thunder.

Funny you mention pizza, Sandy. I'm going up to Marietta tonight to have pizza with a friend of mine. This is the place that came here from up home. I haven't been there in several months so what a treat it will be.

Is that an award for animals and marina's?

Hooters. The one around here has a big Chrysler show every year. I went to Hooters one time and there was this ten year old boy having his birthday party there. They got him to stand in the middle of the table and all the Hooters girls danced around him shakin' everything and the look on the boy's face was priceless. It's a good thing there were no dancing poles or he might have passed out.

I remember Petticoat Junction. I didn't watch it when it was on the first time, but reruns in the early 70s. I still watch Green Acres whenever I see it on.

Jamesbo my dogs haven't had fleas in two years. Really. When I first got them they were ate up with fleas and I gave them Comfortis. They didn't have fleas last year and they don't have them this year. Must be some dynamite stuff. As far as ticks, I find maybe one a month on either of them.

Hm, a little bit of southern has crept into me. Luckily the guy I'm meeting tonight is from Rockford.

Have a great afternoon all.