The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2013, 07:43 PM

Good evening everyone.

Jamesbo, does stuff that happens underground count as weather?

Nice sunny, warm... shaking day here. A 5.2 earthquake hit about 45 miles west of Ottawa today, followed by a 4.8 aftershock.

I felt both at work. Not severe, no damage in Ottawa, and not much near where it was centered but still a strange feeling.

Sandy, nice pics from the Chick-fil-A cruise. And congratulations on the jackpot!

Scot, that is what I remember the book showing. But now you have me wondering. I also remember putting the HEI (from a 307) into the 350 in my Cutlass how the book showed it for a 307. I'm going to have to look into that.

Glad to hear you got the suburband running again crzyjef.

Well, Happy Victoria Day weekend to any Canadians who read this... I hope things are going well for Allan.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Old May 17th, 2013, 09:14 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hi everyone.

Been busy with my mulch pile, hopefully will be done with it by the end of the weekend. Or at least, I can hope. LOL

I appreciate you all saying that I should not get rid of my Cutlass, and hopefully that won't happen. My wife always makes fun of me and says I get attached to inanimate objects so I'm thinking long and hard about this. I know it would be hard to replace a low mileage original like this car but the money is tempting.

Hope you all enjoy the weekend.
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:02 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Saturday Mawnin All

Well Elsie and her rock collection came for a visit this morning Now where did I put the cattle prod so she can mosey on along?

Got half the cast of the movie 300 on their way Shoulda heeded Jamesbo's motto

Well have a great day in Oldsmobileland y'all
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:47 AM

Scot, rain'in on an off in de mountians too. Must be slackers day on CO. Sorry, "Ya shoulda married an orphan" [me too]
Old May 18th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Saturday night. Hope everyone is whoopin' it up. I'm off to work.

Overcast day, haven't seen rain since early this morning. I vote that's all we get.

Not much going on with me, I sort of feel isolated from the rest of the world. Work will do that. Eh, I could use the break.

Hope everyone has a good night.
Old May 18th, 2013, 06:18 PM

Good evening everyone.

Another nice day here. A little too nice. I ended up with a sunburn on my left arm from driving with it on the window sill I might pass on a car show tomorrow and be a shade tree mechanic instead, focusing on the shade.

Good luck Scot.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Old May 18th, 2013, 09:33 PM
GM Enthusiast

Hey everyone. Quiet here today too, weather got crappy this afternoon and started raining. Was planning on a drive in the Cutlass today, oh well. Hopefully it will be nicer tomorrow.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend.
Old May 19th, 2013, 08:07 AM

WTH is everyone?
Old May 19th, 2013, 03:08 PM

Hi Jamsbo,

How's it going. Everyone must be working in the yard or at car shows
Old May 19th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Always room for one more

Hi Jamesbo and Pat. I was thinking the same thing when I woke up this evening that it must be nice weather in the rest of the country.

Rain, and lots of rain today. And not only rain, lots of thunder. My dogs were nuts all day long. Try sleeping when you have an 85lb German Shepherd sitting on top of you trembling. It's overcast now but clearing, I hope that's it for the rain.

Friday tonight! Hasn't been a bad week, but I know the lead I'm with tonight and he delights in putting the screws to people. Eh, I know I'm better than that and besides that when I leave that guy can go jump in the lake. Or before I leave.

Paul what you got there is the Chicago tan. Left arm with sun, right arm white. The first time I went to Australia I thought, hm, I'm going to be a passenger in the car I can even up my Chicago tan. Of course not realizing the passenger is on the left over there.

Gotta get going a little early tonight so I can put gas in the car. 3.45 around here. Glad I'm only needing 10 gallons.

Okay happy week going forward all.
Old May 20th, 2013, 06:35 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All Oldsmobileites

Allan wanted me to say hello to everyone for him and that all is well on his end.

Kinda cloudy and froggy this morning. We got a bit of rain yesterday but avoided the storms by a hair

Well the festivities went well and without a hitch. Although I did have to remind a few to remove their shoes. Some people don't care if you have nice things So I made a sign to put on the screen door. "Welcome. Please remove your shoes"

Hope everyone has a great Monday
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Missed ya this weekend!! Another sunny and hot day here today. Heading up to around 86 degrees they say later on.

It was a gorgeous weekend! Sun and no rain at all. I got fried both days, lol. Sunscreen didn't help much. Teepo got her first award of the season Saturday.
We went to a show at a winery out past my sister Jean's house. I took Lin with me. A lot of nice cars - I was surprised to win Participants Choice. It's a cool award, shaped like a gas pump, lol. I got home around 5:30 from the show, and I planted my green bean plants and the lettuce and radish seeds. So I'll see what I get, lol.

Yesterday I went to the show at the GM Parma plant. Over 400 cars were there! Quite a few Oldsmobiles!! It was a huge show. That was the first time I've been there. I saw a couple guys I know there. We didn't win anything, of course. I would have loved to won the 50/50 - half of it was $573! I coulda used that alot more than another award, lol. But I didn't win it. It was a hot one out there. Of course it was dusty too, so Teepo needs cleaned again. I got home at 4:30 and Larry wanted to go see the new Star Trek movie, so we did. That was about the extent of my weekend.

This is Teepo's birthday week, lol! She was made the 3rd week of May, 1972.

So Nicole just called me crying - 3 of them got fired this morning. She was really upset. She's been telling me about the 'drama' of the other employees, and I had a bad feeling. I told her - keep out of it! So I don't know. I told her to hit the pavement today. She really liked it there and busted her butt for a change. I don't know what happened. I feel bad for her.

I'm downloading pics from the shows on photobucket now, so I will be posting in a while over in the Gen. Disc. forum.

My last day without Brian.... He'll be back tomorrow. But I have medical tests coming up so I'm probably gonna be off Wednesday and Thursday as sick days, and am taking a vacation day on Friday. So I'll get a nice long weekend, lol.

Well you all have a great day!!
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:23 AM

Good Morning Everyone,

Victoria day here today, so get to work on the Cutlass today instead of going to work. Cloudy and chance of rain. Looks like rain for the rest of the week

Mike, maybe you should add a right hand drive car to the collection to balance out the arm tan

Scot, thanks for the update on Allan. Say Hi for me.

Sorry to hear about Nicole's work situation. Hopefully she can find something even better.

Have a great week everyone.
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:40 AM

Jamesbo must be out golfing this morning. Usually he checks in early.

Sorry to here about Nicole's bad luck. Hope she finds another job sooon office politics suck, its not what you know but who you know.

Sunny and warm here on the left coast. Have a great day all
Old May 20th, 2013, 07:49 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Allan wanted me to say hello to everyone for him and that all is well on his end.
Tell him hi , and to get his butt back on here !

I'm hoping to get back to my 72 CS soon . I've had repair after repair on the other cars , along with an attempt to replace the tranny mount on the Buick which didn't get done . I couldn't figure out how to get it out of the tight spot it was in on the frame once I unbolted it . I ended up putting the nuts and bolts back on for now until I can figure it out . The starter is going to I believe . It clicks once when I turn the key and nothing . I'm going to take the day off tomorrow to take it off and get it tested before I just buy one .

I also wanted to know if the original rims ( basic rims , no SS1 or SS2's )that came with my 72 Cs were worth anything , because I have no where to go with them in a couple of weeks once I get the car out of storage . I figured they were not worth anything , so I may have to junk them .
Old May 20th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Yup, I miss Allan's input....let's hope he returns soon

Ted
Old May 20th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all

Weekend seems like a blur; had Friday off; went by way too quick!
Nice -- but hot -- weather in the swamp. This morning was the warmest (and muggiest) so far this season: 73* low, w/ high humidity. Actually used the A/C on the way in to work for first time.

Took the Olds out for a little exercise yesterday. Those front-end bushings are really starting to complain. I thought I'd have had them done, since I was originally spose to be retired . But it will have to wait until the fall, along with the cooling system flush and radiator restoration.

Worked about 4 hours outside before that. Had to oil up the mowers, since I had drained them last go-round. Blade-sharpening's on the agenda for the next time.

Funny thing: last week my aunts' dishwasher went tango on us after 14 months (warranty = 12 months). My brother called GE and they're sending somebody out N/C today. Makes me feel a little better. Then a couple days later, ours crapped out. Did everything but wash! I did a little basic t/shooting and figgered it was the motor. It's 10 years old, we use it at least 5-7 x/week; and I've never liked the way the previous owners installed it; so we're ordering a new one. Should arrive Saturday.

Well, it's a full week at work, but I'm lookin' forward to our 3-day weeekend for Mem. Day. I need to catch up on the Indy 500 lineup so I can have at least a slight clue about what's going on before Sunday's race . I also need to go back once more before I die.

What up, Bry? Unless you're desperate for storage space or they're shot, I'd try to hold on to those rims or run an ad.... any parts at all from those CSs have some intrinsic value. Good luck w/ the Buick (hand over heart as I type ). I'd love to get another one one day.

Scot, glad to hear Allan's hanging in there. Tell him to plan on meeting us in Hotlanta in October!

Happy Birthday, Teepo!

Y'all have a great Monday & week, Oldsmopeeps.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 20th, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:05 AM
CQR

Had a race yesterday. That got cut short. Then spent the evening in the ER.
Attachment 170241
She(the missus) went to the surgeon this morning to find out when they go in and put a plate and screws in it. And to make matters worse, the kid is having x-rays of her thumb this morning.

Boy oh boy. We're having fun now.
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:10 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Ouch! Sorry to hear of the misfortune Hopefully she will heal fast and the kid too. Be careful out there.
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Cutlass Lover

Ouch!!!! That sucks, Clint. Hope she'll be ok. I remember breaking my wrist in 5th grade.... man did that hurt for a while!

It's muggier than heck out here this afternoon. Got worse since this morning. I turned on the AC at home this morning before I left. We're going to have a cool weekend, though with temps in the 60's! I'm gonna be freezin after this heat, lol.
Old May 20th, 2013, 11:30 AM

ouch, Dat smarts

I was runn'in a mite late, I had to get my ears pinned back befor go'in to smack whitey round. Maybe if I'd paid attention, I'd know wtf de problem is/was

Anywho what ever she's got her panites in a wad over will go away. shot 40/41 not bad fer an ole phart
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Captain Starfire

Yikes, Clint! Hope she heals up real fast.
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

As usual on my first day off, I slept until 3. The dogs got me up around noon, and I was still beat, so I said, wake me up in an hour. Of course they didn't. If I said, leave me be until 3 they would have come back in 15 minutes. Oh well.

Clint here's to a speedy recovery. That had to hurt. Hope the thumb is okay as well.

That's a neat little trophy Sandy. You need to send us a picture of the trophy collection. Good luck to Nicole on finding a new job. Working can really suck sometimes.

Hey to Allan. Hope everyone is well and that Ted is getting along.

Speaking of the Indy 500, what is the Pace Car this year, yet another Corvette? Maybe they could get a PC out of storage and use it one year. Who wouldn't want to see the 49 Olds out front of the pack, or that big yellow Lincoln that came right after the war?

John I live for the day I have a real convertible and can go for top down cruising. The Fiat is called a convertible, but it's little more than just a big sunroof.

So there's this German Shepherd at the local animal shelter. He is beautiful and oddly enough has no real interest. I'm trying to resist going to see him; I don't know what my two would think about a new brother. His picture just haunts me.

Okay gonna get moving for the day and head off to Summit a little later. Nice day for a cruise in. I might enter in a regular car just so I can get some raffle tickets and also the people walking around with flyers will put them in my car and I can see what other shows are going on.
Old May 20th, 2013, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by CQR
Had a race yesterday. That got cut short. Then spent the evening in the ER.

She(the missus) went to the surgeon this morning to find out when they go in and put a plate and screws in it. And to make matters worse, the kid is having x-rays of her thumb this morning.

Boy oh boy. We're having fun now.
That's the *****, maybe your getting to old for this racing stuff or maybe you need training wheels Get well soon
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:39 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice one today

Boy Oklahoma got clobbered. Yikes

Well, Whatever had de Super Model P.O. 'd yesterday is gone. Whew. Sum times ya gotta be like a mule in a dust storm and jes hunkewr down til it blows over. Ya'd think I'm not de perfect hubby sum times

Gonna get de Vista out today and dust off de pollen and cob webs and go crus'in and see how she fairs. Den, I'm gona take her to de lake garage [in de mountains] and bring de 442 drop top down ere fer de summer.

It's so wierd buckeling in twice in de Vista.

Have a great day Oldsmobuds
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:40 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Hot and sticky here today. Rain coming in later and tomorrow, they say. Gonna cool us down around here. Another chilly Memorial Day weekend.

I worked outside in one of the flower beds last night cutting down the dead crocus, daffodil and tulips. Dug up some Lambs Ears that just grow everywhere from seeds, and replanted some of them. Others I just pitched. I got some Hostas to plant in the front bed and a lot of 'stuff' to put in the beds - like signs, decoration things, etc... We just don't have time to keep up with it all anymore, so I'm going to cut down on the flowers I plant and put other things in the beds, lol. Trying to work smarter, not harder!

So Brian is back today. He's reading his millions of emails and 'getting his head wrapped around it'. It's hot and sticky in here. My water bottle is sweating - the AC needs turned down another notch or two. I won't complain... it's gonna be cold in a couple days, lol.

I am NOT looking forward to the colonoscopy on Thursday morning. There goes my cruises to Chick Fil A tomorrow night and Bellacinos on Thursday. Maybe.... I may go to Bellacinos.....

Nicole was on line last night putting in applications. Hope she gets something soon. She's keeping it from Larry right now. He's already made very hurtful comments about her and jobs, so she said this will just give him another reason to belittle her. I'm not saying a word.....

Citcapp.... it's nice to hear from you again! You haven't been on for a while.

Jamesbo.... glad your wife is over whatever it was, lol.

Mike.... how was Summit??

Clint.... how's the wifes arm today?

John.... I just saw your comment over where I posted the pics. I don't know why the pics come out smaller on this 'new' photobucket. I don't like it. I'm gonna have to ask Nicole how to make them bigger again. I used to get full sized ones.

Well you all have a great day. Stay safe with this crazy weather!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; May 21st, 2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:59 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Tis a beauty down this way as well. Rain comes tomorrow so I gotta get things done today!

Summit was good. One Oldsmobile, a 67 442. It was Chrysler night, so a friend of mine had his 68 Barracuda on the front row. That car is beautiful. One year only side markers.

It seems Texas and their tornadoes sort of got overshadowed by yesterday's storms. God love them all. I can only remember one real bad storm up home. Took out most of Plainfield, IL, somewhere around 89-90. My niece graduated from Plainfield high, and I said, oh you go to the brand new high school they build after that bad tornado. She said, Uncle Mike, that was 20 years ago.

Paul I usually even up to a farmers tan by the time summer is over.

Awful house then lottery tickets then errands then back home. Guess I better get going. Have a good Tuesday everyone.
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:54 AM
NOVICE car nut

Good Morning ....

Well I'm off of work today in order to get my starter on the Buick tested , and of course now it starts just fine .

Citicap .... Ow , that had to of hurt ! I fractured my arm when I was a teen , and the doctor asked me when I broke my arm before this incident .... I had never went to the doctor for a broken arm , nor did I have a cast on it . I guess I just got lucky ? or the doctor needed glasses .

a friend of my wife offered to give this bumper to me for FREE ! I believe it's a 71 , but wont it work the same ? It looks the same except for the tailight lenses .

and here's the one I have .

Last edited by oldsguybry; May 21st, 2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:56 AM

'71 and '72 are the same except for the lens.
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:05 AM
Captain Starfire

Howdy, Oldsmofolks....

Prayers and thoughts go out to the poor victims in OK. Man, that's devastating. At least with the hurricanes, we have ample warning. These folks just get the hammer dropped on them like a bomb. . A lady I work with is from Norman, and she's obviously pretty upset. Plus, that's actually the third time a tornado has taken that particular route. Pretty incredible. God bless us all. But wouldn't you think a school in Tornado Alley would have some sort of shelter or bunker? I wonder if it's just a money issue.

Anudder warm, sticky one in da' swamp. 'Twas 74* on way in -- a degree warmer than yesterday . Love bugs have been getting pretty bad again; seems like they've really made their appearance in the last week or two. Over some stretches of Interstate, it's almost as if it's raining the miserable critters. You can hear them splatting agains the windshield.

I guess all those picture "parking" sites have their issues, Sandy. Yahoo just changed Flickr (which isn't really a parking site) this week; I'm trying to figger out how to use it all over again. I know before, unless I upgraded, I didn't even have access to my hi-res pic's after I uploaded them. Seems pretty screwed up. I think they're doing better in that department now, tho'. My brother uses Shutterfly and says it's the best one; but I've never tried it.

Hope everything comes out OK on Thursday . (Pun intended? )

And speaking of my brother (the one I work at the same facility with), he had a little surgery in a maximally sensitive area this morning. I heard from sis-in-law that it went well; but they have to keep him until he's doing his #1 well on his own. He might hopefully be released by now.

Glad SM is in a better mood today, Jamesbo. When women the size of our wives get on the warpath, you gotta' mince your words sometimes....

Just heard one 19-y.o. girl won that Powerball jackpot. Wow, life will surely be different for that kid. Can't even imagine.

Good thing we can't discuss politics here.... I'd have a lot to say at the moment.

Y'all have a great resto'day, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; May 21st, 2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:34 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
'71 and '72 are the same except for the lens.
Thanks for the help . This is great news ..... for once lol
Old May 21st, 2013, 10:36 AM
NOVICE car nut

Originally Posted by bee-oh-pee
prayers and thoughts go out to the poor victims in ok. Man, that's devastating. At least with the hurricanes, we have ample warning. These folks just get the hammer dropped on them like a bomb. . A lady i work with is from norman, and she's obviously pretty upset. Plus, that's actually the third time a tornado has taken that particular route. Pretty incredible. God bless us all. But wouldn't you think a school in tornado alley would have some sort of shelter or bunker? I wonder if it's just a money issue.
x2
Old May 21st, 2013, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by oldsguybry
Good Morning ....

Well I'm off of work today in order to get my starter on the Buick tested , and of course now it starts just fine .

Citicap .... Ow , that had to of hurt ! I fractured my arm when I was a teen , and the doctor asked me when I broke my arm before this incident .... I had never went to the doctor for a broken arm , nor did I have a cast on it . I guess I just got lucky ? or the doctor needed glasses .

a friend of my wife offered to give this bumper to me for FREE ! I believe it's a 71 , but wont it work the same ? It looks the same except for the tailight lenses .

and here's the one I have .

CQR not me broke his arm. I was just making a smart a$$ comment
Old May 21st, 2013, 08:03 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Evening Mawnin People

Just got back from a new entertainment center down the street from my house. Well it's actually about a 5 min drive and is almost situated where the old International City Dragway used to be. The youngest had a blast and Daddy had a beer Man those places are keen on how they sock it to ya They have this ATM-like machine when you come in and you have to load it with $ to do anything

So the kid and I commence to sit down after figuring this machine out and order a bite to eat. Well the total for that came to $21.58 so I left a $4.42 tip Well it needed to be a round # since the games is what the daughter wanted to play It was the kind of games that gave tickets except they manage to put them on your ATM-like card Anywho she racked up I tell ya That young'un came out of there like a bandit and couldn't hardly carry all her little prizes she won Not a bad evening if I do say so myself. And for a grand total of $60, we got a meal, I got a beer and she has a memory about a mile wide to go with that ear to ear grin

Originally Posted by oldsguybry

Citicap .... Ow , that had to of hurt !
Originally Posted by citcapp
CQR not me broke his arm. I was just making a smart a$$ comment
It was Clint's wife that broke her arm and had to have surgery on today. Hopefully she is doing better and will heal fast.

Whelp in the morning Oldsmobileites
Old May 22nd, 2013, 03:53 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Looks a bit overcast here this morning. A slight chance of t-stroms this afternoon with highs near 90 again Pool is getting right and the H2O temp is 84* and climbing

I'll catch y'all on the flipside
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:31 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice dis mawn'in but fix'in to come up a cloud

Scot, Your daughter wins so much wins stuff all de time. Get her to buy me a Lotto ticket. I'll pay ya back

Sandy, I got out sum mo maters out [dat make 36 plants now] sum peppers and sum Egg plants. Also planted a row of Mamoth sun flowers fer fun.

Next is de okrie

John, De super model brought home sum left overs from a dinner party she went to at de house of a lady from de Big Easy, I'd never had okrie, corn and maters mixed. It was yummy. She also served dis REALLY thinly sliced friend onion dat was devine.

Took de Vista out fer a dust off, Everything werked fine. Gonna swap it out wit de drop top one day dis week if I don't have a funeral.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:32 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', all....

Whelpt, today & tomorrow are our chances for the wet stuff; spose to be 40% both days; we likely won't see any on the South Shore. Could use it at this point -- especially the poor Camry. Bugs galore! Was 74* again dis mawnin'.

Jamesbo, that mixture sounds fab.... never had it before that I remember; but to me, anything with okrie is gotta' be good.... although the better half won't eat it boiled "plain" due to the "goo" factor; but I could eat it every day.

My Cajun grandfather ("Pops," who lived next door to us when I was growing up) grew it every year, and Granny cooked it in one form or another every Sunday in season. She just might have made the best gumbo -- all kinds -- that I've ever eaten.

Post us some pic's of that Vista, Jamesbo. Or put it in your sig instead of the poor, charred H/O.

Bry, how's the Buick?

Scot, sounds like y'all got your $60 worth .

Mike, yeah, the pace car is the new Vette. I'm sure I'd go wild driving a new one, but to be quite honest, I'm not crazy about the lines, nor the "gaudy" factor. It reminds me of the '58 when they changed the body and they tacked on all the extra glitz and glamour items. The following year they took off a lot of the trim pieces and it looked a lot cleaner. It's really just too "boy racer" looking for me -- but I'd take one if somebody offered . But I have no desire to trade mine in on a new one. In fact, I like the lines on the C5s more than the C6s, and I think I'd take the C6 lines to the C7's.

Sandy, hungry yet?

Y'all have a great humpity, folks.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 05:33 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Sunny and muggy here today, storms supposed to come in later with high winds and possible hail, high around 83.

We got a little 10 minute rain shower last night, as I was out with the hose watering stuff, lol. I finished watering, as the rain last long. The ground is dry!!

Jamesbo... my little radish seeds are sprouting! I planted them last Saturday and I noticed last night that there are little green sprouts coming up. Nothing on the spinach or lettuce yet. That sure is a lot of mater plants, lol. What ya gonna do with all them? My maters are looking good. Larry planted some hot pepper plants he bought. The green pepper seeds are finally sprouting in the seed starter thingys, so hopefully I can plant them soon.

I called off work today. Let Brian whine about that, lol!! He should be happy..... the fan will be off today. He turned it off yesterday afternoon - pi**ed me off!!! It must have been making too much noise while he was trying to concentrate. It was soooo stuffy in there. Even when the AC is on, there's no air circulation and it feels muggy as heck in there. So I'm off until next Tuesday!!

I'm gonna go outside and do some things now, before I have to start drinking that nasty stuff at noon, and can't get too far from the house after that, lol. I'm not looking forward to how hungry, bloated and miserable I'm gonna be this afternoon.

You all have a great day.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:03 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone.

Nice one here today, hope the rain goes somewhere else. We had an unauthorized shower yesterday afternoon that negated all the drying my back yard had done.

The roofers are supposed to come next Tuesday but I might have to put them off. My back steps are literally just fibers from falling down, and the guys need to be up on the porch. No way am I having them walk on these steps and then fall and sue me. The guy across the street has been going to fix them since December. I finally called another guy but he can't get to them for a couple weeks. Maybe I can shore them up somehow, the roof leaks now and I really don't want to delay if I don't have to.

Sandy you called in Brian.

John I was hoping the new Corvette would be the silver car from the Transformer movie. That's art. My taste stops around 79, the 80 Shark just loses something with that cow-catcher front end. I guess the person who is in charge of choosing the Pace Car must work for Chevrolet as well.

X2 Jamesbo lets see the Cruiser. How about a nice family portrait with it and the convertible.

So Awful house and a couple errands and I have the day to myself. Happy humpity everyone.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 06:17 AM

Mike, If ya got a square, I can learn ya how to cut out steps.