The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old July 20th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good mawnin

Ken - looks like it may rain on the way to the show tomorrow morning. Olds should be partly cloudy; high of 22 according to the weather network. See you there.

I guess since there's 3 days of rain in the short term forecast I may as well go buy some more fertilizer to put on the grass.
Old July 20th, 2012, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
Good mawnin

Ken - looks like it may rain on the way to the show tomorrow morning. Olds should be partly cloudy; high of 22 according to the weather network. See you there.

I guess since there's 3 days of rain in the short term forecast I may as well go buy some more fertilizer to put on the grass.

Last tiime I looked, Edmonton scattered showers, Calgary Sunny, Olds Sunny. Nothing we can't handle.

Last edited by 442much; July 20th, 2012 at 11:19 AM.
Old July 20th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yup, got your emails. Hope to be there around 10:30 ish. Graeme's driving.
Old July 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone.

I was right, it was a good day for sleeping. Got three full hours in before the dogs woke me up, then got three full hours again. I hope tonight is a good one. I wouldn't mind getting out a little early in the morning.

Allan I laughed when I saw the car in that other thread "with the Cutlass S grilles." That's a nice looking car; I wish I could buy it off him. Some day when I'm rich and have a lot of money I will repop those grilles, as my contribution to society.

You guys enjoy your show tomorrow. I'm going to try to get to the old junkyard I've been trying to get to for weeks. Sandy clear some space and bring home some more trophies.

Now starts my getting ready for Ohio next week. It's the annual Amphicar convention in Celina. We heard rumors that the lake is very low. Good thing we have wheels. If anyone happens to be in the Celina area, look me up.

Okay my Friday starts! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old July 20th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all,

It's been cool and windy all day. Forecast is for the cow to wander in a few hours from now. Supposed to rain most of the evening and till tomorrow afternoon. Today was one of the qualifying days for the Molson Indy here this week. Tomorrow more of the same. Sunday is the big race. So going to the car show tomorrow I won't really miss out on anything important. My buddy across the street is the transportation coordinator for all the public transit going to/from the events. He hasn't been home in over 48 hours.

Mike - I thought you would like that. See how hard I work to support ya?? BTW I posted some info about the sources for the 70 CS vs 70 Town Sedan/Holiday Sedan. He's right ya know.....

John - May be Norton but for the longest time I didn't know if that was a self portrait or not.

Clint - working harder than a ???? WTH???? I can just picture that. Sending you some rain day after tomorrow. I was talking with Rob in TX and he says the ground is shrunk, cracked and about hard as brick. I guess I should be grateful for our climate and moisture. I'll say prayers for you guys who aren't so lucky right now and could use some divine intervention from the hot.

Well, my teams gonna take the field soon, so I gotta go start the dogs. Jumbos on jumbo buns with fried onions, kraut, mustard, ketchup and relish. I think the idea is to get some on ya when you eat them. Notice I didn't say I was putting Hell a pee nyos in them?? Well, what the heck....

Hopefully have some really nice pics to share with you when I get back from the show.
Old July 20th, 2012, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Evening everyone.

I was right, it was a good day for sleeping. Got three full hours in before the dogs woke me up, then got three full hours again. I hope tonight is a good one. I wouldn't mind getting out a little early in the morning.

Allan I laughed when I saw the car in that other thread "with the Cutlass S grilles." That's a nice looking car; I wish I could buy it off him. Some day when I'm rich and have a lot of money I will repop those grilles, as my contribution to society.

You guys enjoy your show tomorrow. I'm going to try to get to the old junkyard I've been trying to get to for weeks. Sandy clear some space and bring home some more trophies.

Now starts my getting ready for Ohio next week. It's the annual Amphicar convention in Celina. We heard rumors that the lake is very low. Good thing we have wheels. If anyone happens to be in the Celina area, look me up.

Okay my Friday starts! Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Mike I know how you feel. I always wished I was born rich instead of good looking. We'll be thinking of you and the gang when we snap some pictures for posting. It says it will be a nice day, but this Alberta and things can change fast. Toronado's yes, Tornado's NO!
Old July 21st, 2012, 08:24 AM

Nice rather cool day in de mountains

Ken, good luck wit de weather.

Clint, Dis thing out your way is gett'in wierder and wierder.

Have a great weekend Olds friends
Old July 21st, 2012, 08:30 AM

Talking good morning

The weather here has been odd to say the least, wet and muggy which is unusual for the Seattle area. But at least we are not in the middle of a drought like some parts of the country.

Finally slowed down at work so I can take some time to catch up on the gossip here.

Sorry about the job loss Scott, I hope you win you case. The job market is still tough everywhere.

Jamsbo how's the golf game and have you taken the vert out yet with the top down?

Sandy, having fun at the car shows? Sounds like the answer is yes.

Have a great day all
Old July 21st, 2012, 11:16 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy all.

Finally got to the junkyard today. Also got to give the Fiat a bath in red mud water. After that I got to use the high power spray at the coin op car wash to get it all off.

Allan you do take care of me and I appreciate it. I no longer will squawk when someone says "Cutlass S grilles." I'll just pretend the S means "super."

Looks like rain but I think we won't get any. More. I have a feeling it rained after I left for the junkyard this morning because things are messed up, where the dogs usually try to hide when it rains. I need to be able to pen them up when I leave, but they can get out of anything I've thrown at them so far. They should be named Houdini.

Well I got the whole afternoon ahead of me, I wonder what I can get into. I hear my neighbor with a chain saw. That makes me nervous.
Old July 21st, 2012, 12:31 PM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon all!

Its hot and gorgeous here in Ravenna at the show. There are about 200 cars here, I heard. Several Oldsmobiles. Mr arrogant with the beautiful blue Starfire is parked down from me. Its sure hot on this asphalt, lol.

The "trophies" are the same unusual ones as last year! Id love to have a matching set, lol. Lin is hoping to win the 50/50. Heck, id like that too!

Citcapp .... welcome back! I missed ya! Yep... I'm enjoying the shows, lol.

Will check in later. Have a good one.
Old July 21st, 2012, 07:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all!

Just got in from the 'All Olds' show in Olds, AB. It was fantastic. Sandy, you know how there's usually just a smattering of 4 or 5 at the shows you've gone to?? Try 75 Oldsmobiles at this show in the parking lot, and another 5-10 out on the street. It was AWESOME. Everything from a 32 to 92 was represented. Also met a few of the CO members from around AB that I've only known from the site. Finally got to put some faces to the names.

I'm pretty sunburned from the day. Who would have thought? On the way there we drove through about 50 miles of downpour. It cleared just about 20 miles from Olds. There were 2 spectacular crashes on the hiway that had traffic backed up for almost 8 miles in each direction. One was just getting cleared when we went through, but it looked serious like someone got hurt. The other was a tractor trailer full of scrap metal that overturned. Crap all over the hiway and median.

Graeme did an awesome job driving. He's getting much better and judging speed and passing situations. It was also really windy so he got some experience dealing with some heavy crosswinds and lulls when we would go through underpasses. 5 hours of practice driving - worked out well for him.

We decided to eat supper in OLDS at EDO Japan. He had Terriaki Chicken, I had Beef Yakisoba. We both enjoyed it. Too bad Joanne couldn't come along but she had to work tonight.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great day.
Old July 21st, 2012, 08:35 PM

Good afternoon everyone, long time no see

I have been quite busy as usual and to top it off looks like I have a stomach ulcer. I have to get a gastroscopy to make sure that is all it is. I am a pretty optimistic guy so lets hope a round of drugs will clear it up and I don't need it removed.

I hope you get to feeling better Sandy it has been to long dealing with this kidney problem.

Good thoughts are going your way Scot, I don't see how PM can fire you over that. Talk about cold

The car is looking great Paul, hope your dad recovers fully soon.

Looks like we will probably move soon. My in-laws own the house we live in now and they are starting to become a big problem, asking if they can take Minette to Japan for a skiing trip and take her to Sydney to go to Toronga Zoo but without us. If they can't see the problem in that then they are completely retarded. I haven't even been to these places so when Minette goes it will be with Tink and myself NOT them. Sorry for my rant just so over their bulls#*t.

The weather around here has been overcast for a couple weeks now with rain on and off so the olds is stuck in the back shed again so I can't even go for a cruise to clear my head

Well I better get back to it, take care everyone.

Adrian
Old July 21st, 2012, 10:07 PM

First thing, went to a great car show tonight with Joesw31. Had a blast and got a lot of attention. No trophies given, just the way I like it. Just cars and people and no objectives. Fun Fun! And the car runs great since changing the head gaskets Ok, now onto the other...

Rant follows:
Why in the world do brand new members get on this site and troll from day one? I don't get it. As a new member, and I still consider myself new, I listen to what the higher post count and longer membership guys have to say. I don't remember ever getting on this site and making an "I'm the ***** listen to me" type of post. Especially with less than a month as a member.

I guess it's a respect thing. If you show it, you might get it...once you have proven that you know what you are talking about. IDK, it just gets me that some new guy will get on here and make a comment like "I'd estimate that I could build an 800 hp engine for $5K using quality parts"...has anyone here done that? Ever? Really? Not in la-la land, but for real...have you ever built an 800 hp engine for $5K using quality parts? If so, please tell me cuz I can't stop laughing.

It's just depressing to have found a home here and really enjoy putting time into the site, helping people out where I can and then get tards like these joining the site and instantly talking out of their asses.

Steve
Old July 22nd, 2012, 01:13 AM

LOL I know what you mean Steve. When I first joined I had a good idea about how to rebuild engines and the peeps on this site helped me to no end on my rebuild with the best way to go with the build I wanted. I can't stand know it all's either.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 04:56 AM

Mawn'in all

Nice Mawn'in in de mountains

Adrain, Dat sucketh. Wish I'd followed my father's advice "Always marry and orphan"

I had an ulcer when I was in college, ya need to take care of it and don't eat anything Allan fixes.

Allan, Glad cha made de show an had a good time. What's de over under on Sandy post'in a matchimg trophy from her efforts dis weekend?

Pat, My golf game is more volital dan de pork belly market.

Pilot, Sum times ya need to do like ole LBJ suggested. "Be like a mule in a dust storm and hunker down til it blows over"

Scot, How long before ya know sum'en?

Mike, I trust cha made it out of the U-pic before de monsoons hit.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:16 AM

Good Morning everyone.

Still hot and dry here. I just heard on the radio that a brush fire here from over a week ago is still burning a little under ground and that it will take a good rainfall to put it out completely. Unfortunately, there is still no real rain forecast for the next week.

I was supposed to take the Cutlass back to the painter yesterday to have him replace a door hinge pin. Unfortunately, he had a heart attack on Thursday Sounds like he is doing ok, and this is not his first. So not sure what I am going to do now. I don't really want to risk damaging the new paint doing it myself.

Scot, sorry to hear about your work situation. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Steve, those are the shows I like too. Just go look at the cars and talk to the people.

Adrian, take care of yourself and hopefully it is nothing too serious.

Allan, it's tomorrow, where are the pics?

Citcapp, welcome back.

Everyone, enjoy the rest of your weekend.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 09:49 AM
Captain Starfire

Captain Starfire

Allan, Gee thanks! I put ol' "Cap't Starfire" up there as a tongue-in-cheek self-portrait, so I guess I got my comeuppance....

Not sure what to say about Aurora and Clint's neihbors, except that it all seems so pointless. Also not sure if I really WANT to know this guy's motive, since there's nothing that could justify it, even for a warped mind.

We missed the big cow Saturday afternoon; his bladder must've been spent from Friday; but I think he's been at the trough, since da' sky over Ponchatoula Plantation is pretty dark.

Y'all have a great Sunday.

Captain Starfire.

p.s.: Sandy, what's with the "arrogant blue Starfire owner"? Just antisocial, or a horse's hind quarters?
Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:23 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good afternoon mawnin people

It's a hot one here today with temps into the mid to upper 90's not to mention the humidity

Jamesbo well I have to go Monday to get my paperwork that I was denied the other day So I guess we'll see what comes of this uncalled for stress.

Thanks Paul for the well wishes. I hope all goes well with the door pin and hopefully the painter can regain his health.

Steve we see these types all of the time and like Jamesbo says you kind of have to ignore them unless they personally attack you by name calling or such, then it's best to not feed the fire and report them to a moderator. We all know parts for BOP are generally more expensive than Chebbys and I seriously doubt anyone can take a stock Chebby 350 and built it to make 800 hp with less than $5K even with doing all of the labor. But I know you know this all too well

Adrian thanks for the good thoughts I hope everything works out with the in-laws, sometimes I feel as if I could use a break from the rugrats at times but for them to travel that far w/out me, I think I worry too much and miss them terribly

Sandy I hope all is well your way. Did ya bring home the gold?

Allan did ya get some good pics for the S-O thread?

Pat you are so right about the lack of jobs I am going to keep on keeping on but I won't just tuck my tail on this situation either. Thanks for the well wishes as well

Well I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Sunday afternoon
Old July 22nd, 2012, 10:40 AM

There are a few pictures to start in the "Discussion" thread. Here's an account of yesterday.

Well, were back from the show in Olds. 75 cars, which surprised me since it was thundering and raining 125 miles north (Edmonton). I got to Olds at 8 am to set up. About 10 miles out it started raining. We've never had rain in the 18 previous shows. So I figured there wouldn't be much of a turnout.

I washed my car and pulled out into the rain and parked it. The rain stopped and we set the registration booth up. By 10 am there was about 20 cars. We had to move the registration booth inside as it was starting to really come down. By 10:30 am it stopped and being that Alberta where weather can change in 5 minutes we noticed the mountains on the horizon and blue skys heading our way.

I told everyone this was a free car wash and everybody was brying off their cars and lowering the roofs on the convertibles. At 11 am more cars starting showing up. This was the Calgary guys. They drove 60 miles to the show. The Edmonton guys were no where to be found so I figured no one was going to drive 125 miles from Edmonton where there was a thunderstorm in progress.

AT 11:30 am there were a mass of cars lining up to get in. These were the Edmonton and Northern Alberta cars showing up. Apparently they were held up by an accident on the highway and the RCMP had everyone stopped until a clean up could be completed.

The rain never did return and at 12 noon the official start of the show, it was dry and the sun was starting to show it self. Officially then, it has not rained at our show for 19 years.

48 people attended the banquet at the Royal Canadian Legion and had a choice of roast beef or Cordon Bleu Chicken. There were potatoes, mashed and small, garden and Caesar salad and ice cream with or without strawberries.

The trip back was sunny and warm and from the comments made, it seems that everyone was happy. Long distance went to a 1970 Cutlass that drove from Winnipeg (1408 Kms - 875 miles) and the Long distance award for a non member (who says he's joining) went to a 1932 5 window Business Coupe that drove from Mission BC (997 Kms or 620 miles) .

The Mayor's choice went to that same 1963 Starfire and the Oldest Oldsmobile at Olds went to the 1932. As before every participant won a door prize. Our 20th show for next year looks promising as it seem rain doesn't scare Oldsmobile people.

I will post other pictures from members (no duplicates) as soon as I receive them.

Last edited by 442much; July 22nd, 2012 at 10:49 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:17 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Wow, that is a good turnout.
Olds cannot be that far from Carstair, I think
Ken, how does one start a local car club?

Ted
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon all!

Its another hot sunny day here. Looks like we have storm chances about every day this week, with the humidity going back up. I turned the AC back on at home early this morning. Our July electric bill is $147 which isn't too bad considering how hot its been and the AC was running pretty much constantly.

Well I didn't get a trophy yesterday, but I did win the 50/50 drawing so I got $280!!! . I needed the money more then another trophy. I was pleased.

I'm at the Mogadore Summerfest show today. I got a top 20 trophy here last year. Not as many cars as last year but still a lot. There were no flyers out this year for this show for some reason. I just happened to think about it and looked it up on line to see if they were even having it this year.

Some of the guys here today were at Ravenna yesterday too, and were complaining about the amount of cars in the 2000 years that won yesterday. I didn't like it either. I was surprised that Joe and Pam awarded those ones.... there were probably 10 or more. Not right....

Adrian! Welcome back! Hope all goes well for you. Better than mine has, lol. Hope your in law troubles settle down too.

Allan R.... we have quite a few Olds shows around here. Several Buick, Olds, Pontiac shows too. Our Olds chapter show is August 26th. I don't know if I'm gonna go this year. There are closer shows the same day and I think they changed it to participant voting, which I don't like at all.

Well I think I'm gonna go get a slice of pizza. I moved my chair back to a nice shady spot off the asphalt. I keep getting sharp pain twinges in my back by the kidney, just for a second or two. I'm hoping I just slept crooked or something and its not the kidney. I haven't had any pains there before.

Well you all have a great day and I'll check in later if I can. Will download pics tomorrow. Steve is off next week....
Old July 22nd, 2012, 11:57 AM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Sort of coolish today, only in the 80s and not too humid. I wonder what that means in Georgia in July. No rain today, and I missed it yesterday. It rained at the junkyard before I got there and it rained at my house before I got home. Maybe I'll take in the pull apart tomorrow.

Paul the car is looking good and I hope you get your door pin fixed. Best wishes to your friend for a quick recovery.

Adrian glad to see you. I hope your ulcer isn't too bad and you get it taken care of. I wouldn't let my inlaws take my kids anywhere without me, either, especially a foreign country.

Ken and Allan I'm glad your show went well yesterday. My friend at the junkyard said if I subscribed to ragtops and running boards I could find all the shows around my house all summer. Might be able to find a good one like yours.

Sandy you are the 50/50 guru. How many times have you won that this year? Seems like a lot. It seems that you're only about 150 miles(as the crow flies) from the Amphi shindig, why don't you and Teepo cruise on over and have a ride in an Amphicar. Loads of fun. Why is Upper Sandusky well south of Sandusky?

Scott good luck tomorrow. What ever came of the Bombardier thing?

Steve I've been following your thread and I had to laugh when that guy popped off about his 5K rebuild. What a jerk. Maybe he was working on a VW.

Well I think I'll get back to my housecleaning. Actually, I'd rather do something outside, no need to waste a nice day by staying inside. Good afternoon to you all.

Last edited by slantflat; July 22nd, 2012 at 12:04 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 03:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hi everybody!
I know. It's today....I'll try to get the pics up in awhile. I took over 160 of them so I'm going to have to edit them down a bit. Some of them were just for Scot and his S.O. Thread. Ken asked me to take pics of the entry's and I got most of them before I got sidetracked talking with Kevin and Terry. Kevin brought his 72 Cutlass S that he's spent the last year restoring. It was one of the nicest cars there IMO, and both of these guys were so willing to just stop what they were doing, listen to questions, talk about the car and share information. I was particularly interested in some of the details they had to offer because they are the same as those planned for my 72 Cutlass S.

Today was the Edmonton Indy. Just wrapped up at 2:30; had to watch that. Really decent race this year with perfect temps, clear sky, slight breeze. First time the race has been run without a caution flag. Helio Castroneves (penske #3 car) won. You can see what a gorgeous day it was in this shot. We also have green grass.

I was hoping to see Alex Tagliani pull off a win this year. He was the leader till around the 52 lap. Lost his position due to micro delay in leaving pit.

Ken - LOL yeah we were in that nightmare of a traffic jam. You should have seen the lineup going North!! It was waaay worse than us going South. THANK YOU for doing a great organizing job again!

John - Cap'n Starfire it is! There was a beeyouteefull 63 Starfire at the show. I'll include in in the pics; but I got close to 10 shots of just that car - it was so nicely presented and detailed.

Steve - some people are what they are. I'll listen to your suggestions anyday. Your experience and knowledge base on engine builds is not a question mark to anyone who knows you.

Scot - 3 specials. A 69 442, 73 Delta 88 vert, and a 70 442 W30. It took me a few minutes to find the cowl tag on the 73 - it's on the RS of the car, not Left.

Paul - we missed you at the show yesterday.....

Sandy - congrats on the 50/50
Old July 22nd, 2012, 05:42 PM

Allan, I'd actually like to attend the Olds show in Olds someday, but 3400kms is a long drive for one day.

Sandy, congratulations on your 50/50 and award wins.

Ken, glad to hear the weather cleared and your show was another success.
Old July 22nd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Paul - I know. I face the same challenges with shows in the East. One of these days I'll get down there after all is done on my car. No worries. I don't worry about the distance to drive. It's more about who will try and steal my car overnight...

BTW, I posted pics of that show here: https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ght=oldsmobile Another member of our site OldsmobileDave posted links in that thread to his photobucket pics too.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:02 AM
CQR

Morning all.

Another Monday.blah.

Well, a busy weekend, so hopefully now that I'm back to work I can get a little rest.

I'm really tires of all these 'shoot -em ups' in my area.I dont understand it and guess I never will. It does make me enjoy watching outdated movies on my tv set tho

My cousin came in on Friday. We had a big wingding at moms. Kinda celebrated all the July birthdays 2 cousins, Father, and the Triplets. Then The Wife kid and I took The MIL and her hubby to the Tim McGraw/Kenny Chesney concert. The people in the club level vip room right behind us were handing out beers and shots to our little group. For some reason, Management doesn't approve of that. so I was picked out and ejected from the premises. But my beautiful bride came to my rescue and somehow sweettalked me back in.

Then Yesterday we spent the day at the Renaissance festival, My cousin sure had a good time chasin' around all the wenches.

Scot good luck in the search for the perfect job. (If you find any extras, send one my way)

Mike hope you find some way to make those dog feel a little more comfortable in the nasty weather.

Sandy, Congrats on the moolah!

Ken and Allan, Sounds like the show was a great success. Kudos to you.

Hope everyone has a productive week.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 04:36 AM

Mawn'in all

Beautimus Monday to go smack whitey'round.

"Edmonton Indy".......... er Allan, Why isn't it the Edmonton Edmonton?

Ken, Sounds like a great show. I'll look fer pics.

Mike, Be sure an clean under de bed. De Dust bunnies are not good fer your dogs.

Clint, I saw on de news whar de finally go the bomb[s] outa that nuts apt. This thing is crazy, crazy. I hope ya saw Huckabee's coments.

Sandy, Congrats on de dough.

Scot, Good luck wit de "Paper werk' Ya ever notice dat dis is de only country in de world whar we cut down trees to make paper and then make signs from de paper say'in. "Save the Trees"

Happy Monday Olds friends.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 06:54 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy, some sprinkles every now and then, and in the 70's. Muggier than heck though. Supposed to hit 90 today, and it looks to be a week filled with rain/storm chances. So much for cruisin this week..... but we'll see!!

Teepo won yesterday at Mogadore! A Top 20 - same as last year, but that's ok. I'd have rather had the $200 from the 50/50, but it wasn't meant to be yesterday. Sure was a long hot day.....

I'm downloading the pics to Photobucket now so I will post in the Gen. Disc. forum.

Mike..... This is the first time I've won the money all season, lol. I've gotten a ton of door prizes..... such as free oil changes, but no money.

......p.s.: Sandy, what's with the "arrogant blue Starfire owner"? Just antisocial, or a horse's hind quarters?

John.... the old guy is just arrogant. The car is gorgeous - well deserving of every award it gets, but the old coot likes to rub it in your face. He came over to me after the show in Ravenna as I was putting away my stuff, and asks me "No trophy"??? I said no, I won one just like these last year. Today I got the money, which I would have rather had. He's always telling how many trophies he's won, etc.... He looks over the other cars like they're beneath him or something. He's what I call a 'nasty nice' person....

Steve is off this week! Yaaaaaayyyyy... So far Brian isn't whining about anything either, lol. Of course it's early yet.

Jean is coming down tonight. Her birthday is Wednesday but I can't have cake then because we have to go to the orientation at this college Nicole is going to. So it has to be tonight. She had plans tomorrow night. So it will be nice. I have to get the cake at noon.

Have a great day all.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 01:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Monday Folks

Today started out really nice. Around 0700 it was nice n sunshiney. Then it clouded up fairly quick and started raining around 815. I was going to help Ken cut that branch off his tree if the weather was nice. It's been on/off rain most of the day here. Don't know if it's just where I am or not cause I haven't gone out except to pick up the mail.

Ken - Sorry bout this mawnin. If you plan to wait for the good weather after Wed, LMK. Only mawnin I'll be busy is Thurs till about 11:30.

Jamesbo - hope you whacked whitey good today. Why we call in the Edmonton Indy instead of the Edmonton Edmonton? Prolly cause they don't call the Indianapolis 500 the Indianapolis Indianapolis. How should I know? Man y'all can't start with the hard question first off in the week....y'all know dat! Gots ta eeze intit. There's a link to the car show photos ^^^

Clint - Glad you got to see the rest of the concert. Those are 2 of my favs. Totally weird they would turf you when you weren't handing out the booze. Shouldn't have been more than a verbal caution to the peoples behind you. Thank God for beautiful suweet talking brides...... Congrats on the family reunion. Hope de cuz found a nice wench at de festival..

BTW, I should point out - Ken is the one who did all the organizing so the kudos belong to him and the others who really helped him. I was just there enjoying the day, yakking with the guys and admiring/taking pics of the rides. Well done Ken!

Another 7 days till my idiot neighbor moves......but who's counting?
Old July 23rd, 2012, 05:38 PM
Always room for one more

Evening everyone

Slim pickin's at Summit tonight. Evidently there were storms everywhere I wasn't, but the show went on anyway, with maybe 75 cars. Saw a beautiful 67 Cutlass convertible, red with a black top. It was built 06D, which was one week after I was born. Got home and saw that one of the dogs knocked over a glass case with antique japanese dolls in it. Smashed the glass pretty good. The dolls are okay, the dog got smacked.

Humid today! I went to look at a radial arm saw on my way to Summit, so I took the blue van. Figured I should be prepared to bring it home. My Dad had this huge DeWalt and when he died my Mom sold it. I was so mad I wouldn't talk to her for a week. This one looked just like it, but when I got there it looked like it was about half the size, and it was a piece of junk. So I am without a radial arm saw tonight. Nice driving the van, but I know now the AC needs some work.

One more day and then Wednesday it's up to Ohio. Guess I can start getting ready tonight. I take the dogs to the kennel first thing Wednesday, then back home to change cars and off I go.

Hope everyone is having an enjoyable evening.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:26 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Good evening everyone,

The last few hours have been pretty interesting. It poured buckets here. There were some tense moments south of the City - Tornado watches issued. The sky got dark pewter and the clouds formed some really sinister looking swirls. Wind picked up and then the heavens opened up. So much rain fell I couldn't believe it. As it started to taper off it occurred to me to take a picture. The ground up here is now super saturated and the worms are out looking for new homes. Taken from the second story family room. And yup, tomorrow is trash day.

Sorry Clint and others who I know really need this rain. If I could send it your way it would already be en route.

On a positive note, my dorcky neighbors son moved out today. That just leaves dorck prolly sitting alone playing cards with his imaginary friends. No lie - he's so paranoid that not only does he put a hitch lock on the boat, he takes off the entire wheel (I mean entire wheel including the hubs and axles) when he's not using it and leaves it on jack stands. We all just shake our heads. I'm praying he decides to leave early; it will be cause for a big celebration. For me he's worse than Brian or Steve that Sandy deals with.

Ken, I heard Sh Pk was going to get hit worse than us. Hope you survived ok. Got that lake in the back yard again? It was definitely free car wash day up here.

Mike - I need one of them radial arm saws too. Problem is when you can only afford to buy the junk - that's what you end up with. Need to make a decision soon. Have to rebuild the back deck. What's happening in Ohio?
Old July 24th, 2012, 12:00 AM

Allan, it rained a little. Heard the thunder, but didn't see the lightning. There must have been some because Josh's football practice was cancelled. Good thing it's not winter, or we'd be buried up to the roof line by now. I have to say my grass is pretty green and I haven't had to water it.
Old July 24th, 2012, 04:25 AM
CQR

Happy Tuesday Mornin all.

Ken Allan, Sure is pretty green up there. We headed up to dads house yesterday to pick him up for supper and ran into one heck of a gullywasher. Even hailed a little bit. Took the cousin to a restaurant in Pine, Co. home of the famous 'Bucksnort saloon'. I dont think we got any moisture around here.

Mike, Are you driving the A-car to Ohio, or trailering it?

Sandy, If you start winning money, does that negate your amateur status?

Jamesbo, hope you had a good round yesterday.

Well, I spose I should get dressed and get something done before it gets light out.

Have a great day all.
Old July 24th, 2012, 04:53 AM

Mawn'in all

anutter hot one dis mawn'in

44/43 Not bad fer an ole phart Man oh man was it hot on de course yesterday. Took a wet towel and left it in de cooler to drench my head wit. Tried to see if de cart Bimbo wanted to have a wet t-shirt party but it was no go.

Today, I gots to kill a few yellow jacket next in de ground. De is start'in to get nasty eary dis year.

Mike, I wish I'd know'd ya need a radial arm saw. I gave away a nice Craftsman a year ago to get it outa de way. Never used it much.

Kudos Ken, We all know how muc werk it is to put together one of dem things. [an how little thanks ya get fer it]

Happy Tuesday Olds Friends
Old July 24th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Captain Starfire

Hay, y'all.

Allan, is the green SF w/ the wide whites the one you mean?

Sandy, sounds like the run-o-the mill dork. Can't take his type too seriously. (But you can't help but be a little delighted when his ilk don't get the trophy. )

Hope you oldsmofolks have a great day; it's hot and humid in the swamps today. The cow has vamoosed for the time being.

Cap't "Video" Ed-John Starfire Norton
Old July 24th, 2012, 04:59 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone!

The dogs got me up a half hour early today. Sun is out and it's quite pleasant. Probably gonna be hot today, go figure Georgia in July.

Clint the Amphi stays home this trip. It is behind several things in the driveway and is borderline actual vehicle anymore. Every year when I get home from the party I'm all fired up to get it going, and then reality sets in and I see how much more I have to do that takes precidence. Ah, someday...

Question about this 67 Cutlass I saw last night. It wasn't a 442, it was a Supreme. On the front fenders it had the Cutlass script and also the CS emblem right next to it. Is this correct for a Supreme of something someone added? I didn't think to get a picture of it. It had the requisite CS on the deck lid and also four red lights and backups in the bumper.

Allan I think you need a rowboat to get around after all that rain. How scary to see rotation in the clouds. Ken is right, if this were snow we wouldn't see you for months. One inch of rain would equal about 10 inches of snow I've heard.

Well everyone have a good day, I'm going to Awful house.
Old July 24th, 2012, 05:07 AM
CQR

Mike I'm no expert. But an acquaintance has a Holiday coupe and his only has the Cutlass script on the fender and the CS emblem on the roof (C pillar?) Not sure about the verts.
Old July 24th, 2012, 05:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

It's cloudy and tropical muggy out here today. Supposed to get some rain.... maybe. It's in the high 70's already.

Allan R..... your grass sure is green, lol. Ours mostly looks like straw lol, and it's crunchy. But that's ok. I like the hot and dry summer!

Mike.... maybe you said already, but what part of Ohio are you coming to?? We'd like to meet you if you're around our area somewhere.

We had a nice little dinner for my oldest sister Jean last night for her b'day, which is tomorrow. She loved the Cassata cake I got her. It was yummmmmmmyyyy! Nice cold custard in the middle and a layer of strawberries and the top covered with big strawberries and gel..... It was delicious and refreshing!!!! She'll be 74 tomorrow. Her and her daughter are taking a senior bus trip to downtown Cleveland this morning to go to the new Horseshoe Casino. I told her to play a buck or two for me. I'd like to go to the casino, but I ain't a driving to downtown Cleveland!!!

Evidently Nicole and Charlie are moving..... he's behind on the rent Nicole told me, and has to move before they are evicted. And I found out that she was stupid enough to "sign some kind of papers but they didn't say lease on them" when they moved in where they're at now. I told her that she can be held responsible if he doesn't pay that back rent. My God. He's filled her head with all sorts of crap - she doesn't understand legal stuff. I don't know what she will do. She doesn't want to come home because Larry won't let her have her dog and she doesn't want to give up another one, and because she "likes her freedom" and doesn't want to be lectured all the time, and yadda yadda yadda.... I said 'whatever'. Don't know what to tell her and frankly I'm getting tired of worrying about her. I have other things on my mind.

Well I better do something, so I'll talk to you all later. Have a good one!!
Old July 24th, 2012, 06:07 AM

Good evening all, weather has been good the last few days which is good being in the middle of winter, I am still riding my motorbike to work hehehe, only snow would stop me riding, maybe

Congrats on the trophy's Sandy, Teepo is one of the best cars I have seen. Maybe with a full body resto my 98 will be as good I still love it though.

I when out on friday to smack whitey around Jamesbo, I reckon you did better then me

That pic of yours Allan is real nice. Looks like you live in a nice neighbourhood. Rain or not I would still rather live in Canada then here and I agree with the rain going to much more needed place too.

I got a new phone the other day (same number) and I set it to battery save mode and the next morning it lights up for the alarm. Now how am I supposed to wake up with a little light and nothing else? Needless to say I had a call from my boss asking where I was 20 min after I was to start work.

I don't think that guy would last too long around here Sandy, people would just tell him to f#*k off, us aussies don't like people like that.

Well I better go to bed, take care ya'll

Adrian
Old July 24th, 2012, 06:26 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Well Good Mawnin All

Looks like we are in store for another heatwave here for the next few days Temps will be in the upper 90's with little or rain in sight.

Well I went to get my paperwork from the POS PM yesterday and he says "I don't have it." Well I tell him I'll wait because I need it. And he tells me I won't get it until he calls me. What an @$&!! So I ask him what is the reason for letting me go and he says I've missed too many days I missed one day in May for my Daughter's graduation, two days for my Nephew's funeral, one day after that with my Wife's heart doc appt and two days with my Grandfather's funeral. That's it since I started working there 10 months ago So before I go off on this POS I leave and head to the unemployment office and fill them in on all of this I am going through. What a jerk!

Anywho, so after all that I take the girls fishing and we do alright considering the heat. The youngest caught a half dozen bream an the middle one caught a few catfish. I on the other hand caught a huge soft shell turtle that was the size of a tire It had to be 30-40 lbs. I've heard the soft shell turtles are a delicacy, but I've never had it So we turn the turtle loose and we give the fish to some guy that didn't even speak english, but he just got there so he wouldn't have to catch much to make a pretty good fish fry

Sandy I haven't forgotten about your peaches, just give me a bit to figure out this mess I'm in.

Allan there were three Special Order cars there? That's cool! I can't wait to see them

Mike the Bombardier thing fell through, I was told that my application and test scores were great but unfortunately they chose someone else

Well I guess I will talk to you guys later

Scot