The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2012, 10:43 AM

Hey, Me too John, Wish'in her a happy Berfday dat is.
Old June 21st, 2012, 12:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hi All

Ken - You need a vacation like I do.... just kidding. Enjoy the time off. Oh BTW, fill yer tank, prices are up to 118/litre right away. (that's 4.46/gal for reg for youse guys south of the border - a 35 cent increase overnight.)

John - Happy Birthday to your missus. Enjoy the food fest - something good like seafood right?

Sandy - Good news; sounds like you're gonna be fine. You want Ma, Vinnie, Luigi and da boys ta visit wit Brian an straten him out a bit?? Don' worrry boudit!!

Mike - SUPER HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!!! You deserve a treat - go buy another car....

Scott - Nice truck. I need somethin like that.....

Well, like Ken said - beautiful day here! Up to 75 later today and glorious sunshine. Time to go out on the deck with my buddies rummen and koke. They're cold hearted barstards in a tall glass....time to watch the flowers grow for awhile.
Old June 21st, 2012, 02:29 PM
Always room for one more

Howdy everyone.

Ken and Allan thanks for the well wishes. John I hope your wife has a spectacular day as well.

Scot I hope your wife is doing better today. Nothing to mess with that's for sure.

Sandy say the word and we'll take care of Brian and Clay and Steve and whoever else is giving you trouble. Too bad they can't shoulder some of the pain you have, they might not be so quick to judge. Cowards. They only texted you because they don't have the nerve to say it to your face.

Now Jamesbo what would be the fun in having everything running? I was close to buying an M35 when I was active on the homeowners association. We needed some dirt moved around, and we had a backhoe, so I was going to buy an -A2C(with the drop sides) and use that to pile the dirt on and shovel it off. A little awkward, but the Lake didn't want to buy a dumptruck and I really wanted an M35. Never did happen, too bad. I like Allan's advice.

The only thing I like about the hierarchy of the plate fees here is that when a car gets to be a certain age, the plates are 24 and that's it. So a ratty old VW would have the same fee as a Duesenberg. And with the goofy way they do titles here, it's easy to "wash" a car through to get it -legal- when otherwise it wouldn't have any paperwork. I've heard. Oh I'd never do anything like that. Oh no. Most of the wrecks that I have fall under the $24 fee, but the Fiat is new so it takes the hit.

My neighbor is having dinner for me tonight, so I'll get ready and go over there. I might try to check back before work, otherwise everyone enjoy their Thursday evening.
Old June 21st, 2012, 06:27 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Hippo Burpday Mike Georgia is definitely funny compared to other states. Some states won't give you a tag unless you have a title, so if I moved to one of those states I'd be S.O.L. with my '35 Dodge because I haven't even found the bill of sale for it yet Good thing in Georgia is that all you need is a bill of sale if the car is older than 25 years IIRC

Gas is $2.95/gal here finally below $3.00/gal!

Thanks all for the well wishes for my better half, the cardio doc thinks it may be an arrhythmia Whatever the heck that is Hopefully nothing serious but we won't know more until further tests next week.

Well it's cocktail thirty. Yall have a great night
Old June 21st, 2012, 06:29 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening Olds friends,

What a gorgeous day here! Supper was grilled to perfection with some pan fried tatoes and Caesar salad. I'm stuffed....

Bad news on the wifes car today. Was under doing it's oil change. I always clean the bottom cross members because the darn thing leaks oil. Anyway, the PS was oily, but in perfect condition. A little degreaser and wipe - looks like brand new. BUT - the DS is a different story. Somehow - over the course of 7 months the cross member had deteriorated badly with RUST. Couple of golf ball size blisters and the surface stuff starting. Would like to find a fix because even though the car is almost 17 years old it's very low mileage (88K). Still gets close to 35mpg in the city and it's fully loaded. Only thing I've had to do with it is battery change, belt tensioner, and alt. Crap, the thing still even has it's original windshield.

So I'm thinking (Sandy can help me with this??) a welder could get a piece of 3/16 plate steel, have a CNC operator cut it to fit, and weld it in to give the strength that will soon be compromised. Any thoughts?

Home team football tonight, so I'm about to head to fire up the big screen and settle in. Should be interesting - we have an almost totally new team this year.

Have a great evening all.
Old June 21st, 2012, 06:38 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

Another HOT sunny day here. I am just not used to these temperatures with the humidity.

One thing about the weather is that it feels perfect for the Ottawa Chicken and Ribfest on this week. I've enjoyed pulled pork and ribs. Oh, did I mention that I work a block away from where Ribfest is

I've been trying to work on the Cutlass as much as possible this week, but the temperatures are slowing me down.

I had a great time at the Olds Homecoming. You can read more details in the "Even More 2012 Homecoming Pictures" thread and find over 500 pictures I took (these are the "lots of pictures to upload" I mentioned in my last good morning post).

Very glad to hear you are feeling better Sandy.

John, Happy Birthday to your wife.

Enjoy your vacation Ken.

Happy Birthday Mike.

Scot, I hope things get better for your wife.

Last edited by car_designer; June 21st, 2012 at 07:20 PM.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 04:51 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter hot beautiful day down ere.

Scot, Let's hope it's no a serious arrhythmia. Maybe she could wear a monitor fer a spell an see.

Allan, Good ole Larry can fabricate de piece ya need. Are ya sure dat's de only bad spot?

Sandy, How ya feel'in dis mawn'in. Jes tell dem Bozos at werk to "Eat fishheds an rice' Pluck 'em.

Happy Friday Olds Friends
Old June 22nd, 2012, 05:12 AM
CQR

Happy Friday Morning.

Paul I'm with you on the heat, not much humidity here, but we are spose to push 100 today and tomorrow.

Mike Happy Belated, hope it was good.

Allan, It depends on where the rust is, if you google 'fish plate welding', you can see how to repair a frame. The big thing is you don't want to have a weld that is vertical to the load.

Scot, Here's wishing the Mrs. the best.

Sandy hope you keep feeling better.

Cheers.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:30 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

X2 on da Jamesbro frocast ere

Yes I hope it's nothing serious with the better half Although anything to do with the ticker is very serious indeed. She is supposed to wear a monitor next week for 24 hrs to see what's really going on.

Sandy I hope your feeling better today, forget them bums.

Paul I'll have to check out those pics

Well yall have a great day
Old June 22nd, 2012, 08:17 AM

Gas is $2.95/gal here finally below $3.00/gal
I filled up last night because it was down to $3.60 a gal.! It was 3.89 last week.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:27 AM

WTH is Sandy???????????????
Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

Afternoon All! I'm Heeeeeeeeeere, Jamesbo, lol!

Well the cold front came through last evening and cooled us down. We only got a little rain. But the miserable humidity is gone!! I shut off the AC and opened the windows a few minutes ago. It's sunny and 79 degrees.

Well I went to see my doc yesterday about that pain I was getting when I breathed the night before. She doesn't know what's up. So she ordered a chest x-ray, which I had yesterday, then ordered another abdominal ultrasound and a pelvic ultrasound. Just got back from having those done this morning.

The ultrasound tech said my friggin kidney still is holding fluid. I don't give a **** at this point. I didn't care the first time either! I will wait for my doc to call - the tech said she should have the report today yet. Neither of those ultrasounds were very pleasant this morning, with all the pushing on the belly that they do, and you have to roll around and crap. I really just can't friggin wait to see what all they found this time!!!!!

I feel better today. I didn't have hardly any pain this morning, which I'm happy about. I did a little bit to Teepo while I was drinking my water this morning and waiting to go to the appointment. Kept my mind off the fact that I hadn't eaten since yesterday, and that I had to pee and wasn't allowed to, lol.

Scot..... I sure hope the heart monitor shows what's going on. Arrythmias are hard to catch!! In 2010 when I started having this A-fib and my heart was beating soooooo fast whenever it felt like it, I went to the ER 3 times, and it was gone each time by the time I got there. I ended up wearing a monitor for 21 days, and it only caught 1 partial episode of the A-fib. I'm not even sure there was enough caught on tape for him to make the diagnosis, but he said I had A-fib. So I sure hope her's gets caught like right away on the monitor. The heart is a funny thing and it's hard to catch the problems when they don't happen all the time or regularly.

Wish our gas would fall to below $3.00. It was up to $3.79/gal the last couple weeks, came down to $3.49/gal the other day. I filled up Tincanio. Probably do the Cutlass tomorrow on the way to the show. I got 1st place Original category at this show last year..... am anxious to see if I'll even place this year! They get a shi*load of cars. I think it gets bigger every year.

I'm not looking forward to going to work on Monday. Not at all. Brian had better not even say a thing to me. I ignored his texts. I didn't even give him the satisfaction of answering them. I did forward them to Houston HR dept. so she could put them in my file in case I start getting harrassed. At her suggestion. I'm going to contact HR and have her send me the FMLA papers so I can look them over and try to understand all of it. I was reading online, and it sounds like a complicated program. I guess I wouldn't have to be off pay and use it all the time, I could still use vacation time for some of the doctor appointments and get paid. I don't know. Why oh why can't my life just be easy?? I've been through enough already.

Well gonna go back to the garage and de-stress with Teepo. It soothes me just sitting in her and smelling that old car smell. And besides, it's much easier to get in and out of her - she's much lower to the ground than Tincanio.

Talk to ya later!!
Old June 22nd, 2012, 10:44 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Friday all.

Cut/paste on Jamesbo & Scot's 4cast.

It's another one of those days. I had my post ready to submit and hit de wrong dang key. So I'm not going through all that again.

Scot - Arrythmia is just irregular heartbeat. Most are harmless. I have cardio arrythmia too because one of the my heart muscles isn't contracting properly. Been that way for over 10 years; it causes dizziness and seeing spots in some cases till it 'settles down' which is usually pretty soon. Coughing spells aggravate arrythmias to the point where you might feel like passing out. However, mines gonna stay that way until it becomes a problem. I control the coughing with Nexium. I hope the issue with your Mrs. is minor. She may just need something for blood pressure? I take an aspirin every day to help with blood thinning.

Jamesbo - Larry could prolly do that, but would cost a fortune to ship.

Clint - Bingo! that's what I was looking for. As you know the Saturn has a subframe for the eng/trans. The horizontal lower section of the DS is what's cratering on me. I outlined it in the attached pic. Crap, if I have to take out the engine/tranny/suspension to get that replaced it's just not worth it. But fish plate weld could save this car for another 10 years.

Mike - check your 'high' saturn. It might be doing the same thing?

Sandy - ah, der you is. Glad you're up to no good again......Don't mess with your body. That's Larry's job
Old June 22nd, 2012, 10:45 AM

I did forward them to Houston HR dept. so she could put them in my file in case I start getting harrassed
. Smart move. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:09 AM

I guess I have to be de first one to say it?

"Houston...............We have a problem"
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Yah, she's burning up, I say again, She's burning up. What lever or button do we use now????
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Cutlass Lover

Update..... my doctor just called. The ultrasound shows I have a blood pool or abcess or something in or on that kidney. And it is still holding fluid. I'm soooo mad. She wants me to go to Ahuja to the ER and see whatever urologist is on call. This lovely Dr. Baker who did my procedure is not returning her calls! So... off I go. Who knows when I'll talk to you again. Send me good thoughts!!
Old June 22nd, 2012, 11:59 AM

Dang,

You take care girl. Dat fever had me worried.

I think good ole Dr. Baker better get off the golf course and find a good lawyer.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 12:05 PM
Just an Olds Guy

WTH is Ahuja??

Sandy - You ALWAYS have our best thoughts and wishes, but here's an extra special one for you.

That's never good news when they call right away and say get down to ER right away. Dr. Baker sounds like he has some explaining to do
Old June 22nd, 2012, 05:21 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
I filled up last night because it was down to $3.60 a gal.! It was 3.89 last week.
I filled up today prior to going to work @ $2.92/gal while I was in line to grab some crackers and a drink they lowered the price to $2.91/gal Now I leave work and pass the same store it's dropped again to $2.89/gal

Originally Posted by Allan R
WTH is Ahuja??
I'd venture to say a city/town in Ohi'er
Sandy - You ALWAYS have our best thoughts and wishes, but here's an extra special one for you.
Here too Sandy
Old June 22nd, 2012, 05:31 PM
Always room for one more

Friday

Happy weekend everyone!

Ah, last night for work. Stayed until a quarter to 10 this morning. Can't think of the last time I did that. Hopefully tomorrow I can get home and then get to the junkyard in Griffin. Wonderful place. Cars in bushes, trees growing up through the bumpers, I love it.

Dear Lord Sandy, I hope the ER can help you, and I had the same thought that Jamesbo did. In fact, when we come up to take care of the office boys, we'll swing by and "help out" the good doctor. No one messes with one of us Buy a lot of parts for Teepo because they'd be tax deductible. Therapy for your condition.

Scot those prices are wonderful. Imagine, most of my life gas has been well under a buck fifty, and now I think gas at 3/gal is good. I can only imagine what people my parents age think because I've always heard they could put in a quarter's worth and drive all day. How's the mrs? I hope she's relaxing a little and can get past this quickly.

Allan is your car's rust due to salted streets in the winter? My car was bought new in California in 96 and came to Georgia in 07. I'll check it out when the car gets back home. Right now it's resting comfortably in the parking deck at work.

Okay! Time to git. Have a great evening everyone and a nice weekend.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all,

Well shortly after 2:00 the cut n' paste diskapeerred. Nicola boom boom got it wrong again. Couple of short thunder showers passed through and the temp dropped a fair bit. Scared the cat silly with the thunder....It's cleared up now but quite a bit cooler.

Sandy - what's the good word??? Please let it be good.

Mike - Nope. No salt up here. Fact is we have to beg borrow and steal just to get sand put on de road... and when it gets there the City doesn't clean it up till sometime in June the next year....We also have to pay for snow clearing on the roads that doesn't get done. Aren't we lucky? I do my best to keep the bottom of the cars clean in winter. I take em to the local wand operated washes and spray them down really good including the bottoms. Usually when I go, there's no one much there so I can also dry the car off before leaving.

Scot - I looked up Aluja Ohio. Turns out it's a medical center, not a town.

HTH do you guys get to see 3 price drops for gas in 1 day? I'd kill to be paying only 76 cents a litre! If you bought regular at any pump in Edmonton today you'd be getting a deal at 4.31/gal.

Well I think I'm going to start counting the days till my idiot neighbor moves. As of today, we have only 38 more days of purgatory...Oh, the good news is that he's threatened to do something to me on the last day. I can hardly wait. What was funny was his wife (who's really quite a sweet lady) told him to shut his mouth and smarten up. I like her. His pic is finally been published in the dictionary under the phrase "Wasting valuable oxygen".
Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:27 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

The temperature has dropped to a more reasonable level today. Still sunny though.

I got some time to work on the Cutlass this evening.

This weekend is a long weekend for me, oh and so is the next one! Tony (Tony72Cutlass'S'), are you off Monday?

Sandy, I hope this gets sorted out soon.

Allan, you need to move somewhere closer to the border, so you can take a nice drive to the cheap gas.

Enjoy your weekend Mike.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Cutlass Lover

Thanks guys. Well I'm back. There went 6 hrs. of our lives we'll never get back, lol. Signed in at 3:24, left at 9:05. After they tortured what's left of my veins trying to get needles in for IV and blood, I had to drink 32 oz. of water with contrast in it for another CT scan. The sweet thing doing the scan couldn't use the IV line they had in me - it just wasn't working in my vein. I was shaking like a leaf at this point, and in tears. She went deep into the vein at my wrist and I was just praying..... it worked! Hurt like a bitch, but she got the IV in. My God. My body is just soooo stressed, I just start shaking and I can't stop. Anyhow, the CT scan shows an abcess "they think". I definately have an infection in the kidney..... Geeeeee imagine that!

They paged Dr. Banks - after an hour he still hadn't answered. They pumped in a bag of some kind of solution - no antibiotics though. I just laid there shaking and crying. Larry didn't know what to do or say, poor guy. Anyhow, around 8:30 the ER doc comes in and says Dr. Banks answered her page finally, and of course they wanted to admit me. I knew that was coming.....

I told her NO. She's talking about infection and a blockage in there.... I said where did I get a blockage? When Dr. Banks went in, he said there was no blockage, no need to put a stent in. I am just not understanding this whole friggin thing! I told her that I would not be admitted and I had to sign papers saying I went against their wishes, I could get sepsis, I could die...... I told her how Dr. Banks office did NOTHING to help me when I was calling them. They never suggested that I should come in and be checked out. It's his F***in fault I'm in this shape! I told her I wouldn't take my car back to a mechanic that screwed it up, I won't go back to a doctor who screwed me up!!!!

So now I have to start all over again. I have to find someone new and start all over again. There's no getting out of someone having to go up in to my kidney again and make me pee blood clots again and all the other fun stuff. God, I'm just so stressed.

I told Larry that maybe we should go over to Steve's house this weekend and I could explain all this to him. Ain't no doubt I'm gonna be off work and off pay. I have a car payment to make and crap to pay every month. I don't know. I should have already been recovered and back to work if this ******* hadn't done something to mess me up. I have faith, and it's God who got me through these last 10 days, not any doctor. I have faith He will continue to be with me and I won't get any worse and I will find someone who can fix me.

I'm gonna suggest to Steve that maybe Nicole could come in and cover for me. At least it would be someone to help. I don't know. I just feel sick. My spirit is broke, my body is broke, I just hate the thought of starting this all over, especially the thought of them digging in my veins. If you've never had that happen, let me tell you it sucks!!

Well I'm gonna try to sleep now. Have a good evening all.
Old June 22nd, 2012, 07:58 PM
"Car"mudgeon

It's gonna be alright Sandy. You shouldn't fret over it, it ain't your fault. I don't blame you for not going back to the same doc. Infections can be cured with antibiotics and time for them to work.

So basically from what I've read about all of this is from a kidney infection? Wouldn't that have been one of the first tests done? Or is this after the fact?
Old June 22nd, 2012, 09:23 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Scot - It goes back a bit in this thread. Start with https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...tml#post412677, then to here....
Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Well...... got a good report from the heart doc anyhow! Echo looked good, valves and stuff are all working as they should, blood flowing through like a 20 year old, he said, lol!. If we can only keep the heart beating steady, all is good.

So get this!!!!! I'm venting, by the way.

I called the urologists office to see what the results of the renal scan were and I am told: There are no blockages, no obstructions! I said, then why do I have to have this done? Because he wants to take a look, because the kidney is not emptying all the way which could lead to infections and problems down the road. I asked, Is he still going to put a stent in the tube?

But I'm really leaning towards not having it done at all. I was venting to the heart doc, and he agreed with me. Just cause they found something totally unrelated to what I went in for, they want to do something to it because they know it's there now!! I don't know. I'm soooo mad!!!
If I was Sandy I'd be really upset too. Especially when you review the history of what went on and the apparent disregard (I call it negligence) for her care when she was desperately trying to contact them about pain and infection.

SUE the pants off that quack Sandy - you got more than enough proof, and his incompetence (sorry but there's just nothing else that seems to fit the bill) caused this sorry mess. Pain, suffering, potential loss of income/job? You darn right she should be looking for legal remedies.

I just got a call from my docs office today. Took me by complete surprise. I had blood work done 3 months ago because he asked for it. Saw him the next week - nothing said, everything looks good. Now he wants me to make another appt so he can 'review' the results of the rest of the bloodwork with me. 3 months later??? WTH is going on here? This is BS. And there's no way in hell he's getting anything more out of me. IMO they just want the appt so they can bill extra for nothing. You should see my blood pressure right now.....
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:19 AM

mawn'in

Sandy, ain't "triage" in de ER a wonderful thing?

I hate it dat dis falls on a weekend. But, If I were you, I'd call de Dr, who sent cha to de ER and say, "WTF" should I be do'in. I don't trust Dr. Banks an as you know, he's Impossible to get a holt of. But wit dis infection/blockage, I need sum advice.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 05:41 AM
Always room for one more

Saturday!

Good morning everyone.

I'm confused. I thought it was Dr. Baker that was the bad guy, and Dr. Banks that was at the medical center. No matter. X3 on you have enough proof this guy is a hack and you can at least get your pay out of him. You've got your faith in the right guy and He will make sure things are right.

So! Out early-ish this morning. Now I have the chance to go to the junkyard like I want to. Rumor has it this guy is thinking of selling out. What a cool job it would be to own a junkyard. Maybe I'll pick his brain a little bit today.

Udo comes to Hotlanta on Monday. I brought the Cadillac home from the airport so we can have a bigger car to go to the Awful house in. Hope they've had a nice trip so far.

Hm, speaking of Awful house, might not be a bad idea to stop in on the way to the junkyard.

Everyone have a great weekend.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 01:08 PM

I'm worried 'bout our pal Sandy
Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:21 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Happy Saturday all,

Jamesbo - I think you can say that for all of us.

Mike - You need a Cadillac for 2 people?? Must be big people....aw shucks, I used to own a Caddy too. Nice floaty boats....

It's purty quiet on this thread today.

Just finished using my last big container of weed n feed on the lawn. Too bad they made that stuff illegal 2 years ago. From now on I'll have to use straight 2-4-D.

As always it's slightly windy here. Temps are nice though - 77°.

For all you guys in the Hotlanta area - just watched a couple shows this am from your area. Called Flip This House. They buy run downs and flip for big money. Today both were in Hotlanta. Houses like that would prolly flip up here for an extra 150 -200K

Well, like y'all we be waiting for our princess to check in and let us know how things are. Anyone know her mailing address? If you do, PM me. I'd like to send her a get well card.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 03:06 PM

I'm worried 'bout our pal Sandy
Ditto. Sandy, if you sign on here..you need to have this taken care of, no matter how inconvenient, or angry that you are at the irresponsible doctor, your well being and health come first.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
Always room for one more

Well, like y'all we be waiting for our princess to check in and let us know how things are. Anyone know her mailing address? If you do, PM me. I'd like to send her a get well card.
I'd like to know it, too. Sandy I hope you don't mind your address being tossed around

Allan it will be four of us for breakfast. Udo, his wife, and their friend Werner. I just thought it would be nice to have a comfortable car in case they want to go out and see the sights. Nothing like stuffing some strangers into a tiny Fiat or a shabby Saturn to make them feel welcome You're right, that car is like driving my living room. Overstuffed and comfy.

Well I didn't make it to the junkyard. I was all ready to go, and made the mistake of laying down for a minute. Woke up at 230. I'll do Awful house tomorrow.

Ah gonna go find something for my supper. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:14 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Love ya, guys! I'm still alive. Went over to the Newton Falls show today. Didn't win a damned thing..... It was a long day. Awards were at 6:00. I left there around 7. Dropped Lin off and came home.

Felt about the same today, except having (sorry) diarreah every time I ate something. That ain't good. So I haven't ate much today. I've lost 3 pounds already. Weighed 143 at the doc the other day.

Snuck down to work tonight and got my employee handbook and list of phone numbers. Also got Steve's cell phone number so I can call him and try to explain all this. Hard to explain to a non believer in the first place, even harder when I don't understand this whole thing myself!

I just don't get it. I feel good enough that I think I could work, but evidently there's this abcess that's gonna get worse and kill me if I don't get something done. I just don't know who to trust, who to talk to. Where to go.

I apologize.... I see I called Dr. Banks Dr. Baker by mistake. Caused some confusion. There's never been a Dr. Baker. I'm just soooooo messed up. My mind isn't working anymore either, lol. I'm short circuited.

Jamesbo.... I'm going to call Dr. Bressi - my regular doctor, the only one who's tried to help me - on Monday. I can't do anything over the weekend. She's the one who sent me to the ER to get the CT scan. I'm going to ask her who she would recommend I see. Looking up urologists in University Hospitals though, it shows most of them all the way over in friggin Cleveland. I can not drive over there. I can't. I wouldn't even if I wasn't to a point of a breakdown, lol. In my present state of mind, I can't. There are only 2 urologists in Ravenna. There are none I can find in Twinsburg or Hudson. I would think there would be, but I can't find any.

I'm going to try to talk to Dr. Smith next week. He is the surgeon who did my cancer surgery, and he is the only doctor I trust. He knows that. I've been seeing him for 22 years. I did talk to him before this procedure, and he did think it was a good idea for me to have it, given my history. But see, at that time, they said I had a "blockage" and they didn't know what it was, and had to go in and see. According to Dr. Banks, when he talked to Larry after the procedure, there was no blockage, no cancer, nothing. He stretched the urether tube and all was well. NOT!! I will see what Dr. Smith recommends. If I knew I'd be in his hands, I'd sign myself into Robinson tomorrow with no problem at all. After all this, I'm scared. I don't trust anyone. At all. I'm terrified.

Allan R..... like I said, I'm sure I signed something along the way in the reams of paperwork that said I couldn't sue. I do plan on going to whoever is the head of the Ahuja medical center and filing a complaint or whatever I can do. I will not let this go. I told Larry that if I die or some crap, that he better sue and he better not drop it if it drags on for 20 years! You hear so many horror stories about dirty or germy surgical instruments and stuff. Who knows what goes on......

So I guess all I can do Monday is call Dr. Bressi and Dr. Smith. God I just broke out in a cold sweat thinking about them trying to put another friggin needle in my arm. Makes me want to puke. That's how scared I am right now. 2 weeks ago, I didn't have a fear of needles at all. You don't go through 6 mos. of chemo being scared of needles, lol. Don't know if that wore out my veins or not. The top of my hand is still black, blue, green and purple from where they put the IV in the day of the procedure, and the vein "popped" to use that guy's words. I don't know what that means, but I do know I got a 'mountain' on top of my hand in like 2 seconds that he slapped an ice pack on right away. Made me want to puke just looking at it. I'm telling you, this had made me an honest to God coward. It's so sad.

Ok, enough about all my problems. Here's the newest icing on the cake.....

Remember a few weeks ago when Larry went to Iowa to see his mama?? Well we got the phone call this morning from brother Phil that hospice had her on oxygen and she was gasping for breath. Nicole texted me around noon today to tell me that his mom passed away. So poor Larry! He has to make another trip out there for the funeral. I don't know if he'll take Tincanio or not.

I'm not driving his big truck to see Dr. Banks on Tuesday. My only other choice is to have Nicole drive me in the Intrigue. At rush hour. Oh God. So sh*t just keeps going downhill....... I remember a normal life prior to June 12th. Seems soooo long ago. This is show season. I wait for this all year. Now they're fu***ng that up for me too. It's just not right. Got a show planned tomorrow, but don't know if I'll go. Pops has a show at Summit next Saturday.... will I be in the hospital being tortured? Probably. I just hate all this. I really do.

Thanks for listening to me vent. I'm about as tired of talking about it as you are of hearing it, lol. Well I'm gonna take my antibiotic and lay down. Have a good evening all.

Last edited by cutlassgal; June 23rd, 2012 at 07:17 PM.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sandy - on behalf of all of us 'a collective sigh of relief to hear from you again'. We were worried.

Condolences to Larry on his Mom's passing.

Anytime you need to vent - we're here for you.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Always room for one more

Sandy - on behalf of all of us 'a collective sigh of relief to hear from you again'. We were worried.--

Amen! Sandy you can vent, express, release, voice, air all you want. We're not going anywhere. Please give Larry my condolences for his mother

Been a quiet evening around here. My sister called and I talked to her for an hour or so, and my best friend from Colorado called and I talked to him for a couple hours, and a guy I know in Illinois called and I talked to him for a couple hours. Gonna hit the sack soon so I can get up and get going in the morning

I should use the reply button more often. I like all the little faces. The quick reply thing has quit showing up on the bottom of the posts for me, so sometimes I gotta use it. Okay I'll stop now.

Good night everyone.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:07 PM

My condolences to Larry on his mom's passing. Glad to see you back here...and getting some rest now!
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:08 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Sandy we are all pulling for you to get through this. I hope Dr. Bressi can shed some light on this for you.

Gas dropped again today $2.86/gal ere Good thing it's election year. Ooops can I said that Maybe by November it'll be below $2.00/gal

I recon Pat's on a walkabout Must be searchin fer Blue

Mike how long is Udo and company going to be down this way? Anywho you might not want to buy a junkyard, you can't make $$ without crushing a few or selling parts. I'd love to own one too but you have to be very careful "inheriting" an old junkyard due to the "old way" of just letting oil and transmission fluid run all over the ground. I've heard some pretty nasty horror stories about the EPA and their fines No matter who did it, they would fine the owner of the property.

Well it's getting late and I've got to work in the mawnin, so we'll catch yall on da flip side
Old June 23rd, 2012, 08:09 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
Been a quiet evening around here. My sister called and I talked to her for an hour or so, and my best friend from Colorado called and I talked to him for a couple hours, and a guy I know in Illinois called and I talked to him for a couple hours. Gonna hit the sack soon so I can get up and get going in the morning

I should use the reply button more often. I like all the little faces.

Good night everyone.
Mike, yer gettin ta be worse off den wimmen! On de fone fer sum 5=6 hours?? Yer lips must be plum tuckered out...... Oh yeah - you can only use 20 smilies or the site won't let ya post yer comment...:
Clint - I just saw the most amazing tool. It's a cross brace that bolts to the engine/trans of the saturn and also the side somewhere??? It holds everytning up while the whole sub assembly can be removed. Seems like still a lot of work. Do you know the brace tool I'm talking about? Is it worth getting a new rust free sub assembly? They are the same for cavalier/sunfire/saturn and more prolly.

37 days to go.....

Oh. Just about forgot a juicy tidbit. I can still recognize when wimmen is prego. My neighbors (the good one) girlfriend looked like she was havin a hard time pushing away from de table. Got a little belly on her now. Haven't seen him much lately cause he's been working nights. (sounds like Mike huh?) Anyway he finally saw daylight today. Told me she's 13 weeks along. He calls her 'a keeper'. Her other 2 kids will be coming to visit for all of July. They're 6 and 7. Coming from Newfoundland. I expect they'll have a long row if they can get that boat launched on the Trans Canada.....You have to be Canadian to get that I think.
Old June 23rd, 2012, 09:19 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Sandy, glad to see you vent!
Lots of people cheering for ya, me included....

Ted
Old June 24th, 2012, 05:05 AM

Mawn'in all

Sandy - on behalf of all of us 'a collective sigh of relief to hear from you again'. We were worried.

Condolences to Larry on his Mom's passing.

Anytime you need to vent - we're here for you.
X2

Sandy, Don't do dat again. I musta long on 20 times yesterday ta see how you were.