The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 29th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Always room for one more

Hey Allan where did you get that picture of Jamesbo as a kid?

That's one truthful saying. I should have that tattooed on my forehead.

Has anyone seen the movie "Red Dog?" It's about an Australian cattle dog that hitchhikes and hangs out in this one mining town. Good movie. Don't watch it on an airplane.

Ah work! I have this feeling I'll be there till the end. I already know I have a bad lead tonight. Not only that, he's just not a good person. If he were one or the other, fine, but a bad lead and and bad person, I'm doomed.

Once again the weekend is here for me not to get anything done. I will try my best to get at least one thing done. Trouble is I like to screw around too much. Look at the internet, watch TV, play with the dogs. Four days goes by like that and then I'm saying, why didn't I get anything done?

Okay here I go. Hope everyone has a nice evening and a great weekend.
Old June 29th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

Well I'm back. Dr. Bressi called me and I went to see her this morning. The pain continued to get as bad as it was after my surgery. I cried. She called Dr. Banks, he was out of town. I dry heaved, and finally threw up 3 times.

She transferred me over to the ER. I was there for hours. Called Nicole and Larry and they both showed up eventually. I had another CT scan done. A paramedic got an IV line in me without hurting me. I was happy bout that!

My heart rate kept dropping into the 40's. It scared me. I threw up twice in the ER. They finally gave me pain medicine. It made me feel strange and it took awhile to work on the pain.

Dr. Banks called and talked to me. He made arrangements for me to be transferred to Ahuja, so off I went by ambulance around 1:00. I was taken right to a room and prepped for surgery. He came and talked to me and said he was going to put a stent in. I asked what I was 'obstructed' with and he said scar tissue that's probably been there since birth.

So I woke up in the recovery room with no pain! I just have a little discomfort, and some burning when I urinate. But at least no blood or clots this time.

We got home 9ish tonight. I have to get the scripts filled tomorrow. I still have Oxy left and also the bladder pill, so the only one I'll get filled will be the antibiotic.

I haven't eaten anything since some cereal at 8:30 this morning, and I ended up throwing it up an hour later. I'm gonna go get a cookie - I figure I'll be sick in the morning so I don't want to eat. I'm not really hungry anyhow. My throat is soooooo sore and irritated and my mouth is so dry.

Larry asked Dr. Banks what would happen when he takes the stent out in 6-8 weeks, if the tube will stay open on its own, and he just said we will have to wait and see at that time. God I hope it stays open.

Well that's about it. I'm gonna eat my cookie and brush my teeth and lay on the couch. Talk to ya tomorrow sometime.
Old June 29th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Ouch - Sandy I think we ALL feel your pain. Glad to hear that you're on the mend. Fingers crossed that it's all good this time.

Mike - dat does look like him when he was a young un don't it? Sorry to hear the lead is a jerk. Push him off a ladder or sumptin. Will be good entertainment you wouldn't get on a plane!
Old June 29th, 2012, 08:06 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by Allan R
Ouch - Sandy I think we ALL feel your pain. Glad to hear that you're on the mend. Fingers crossed that it's all good this time.
X2 Sandy hopefully your all fixed up now
Old June 30th, 2012, 04:59 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All

Copy & paste scorcher here again. More triple digit sun and fun.

Sandy you take it easy for a while you hear?

Well I've got to go look at a friends A/C this morning and then it's back to moving more "stuff" Did I mention that I have way too much stuff?

Well I'd better get a move on before it gets too hot

Yall have a great day and stay cool
Old June 30th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Thanks, guys. I plan on doing nothing today, much as I wanted to go over to the Pops show at Summit. Oh well. I have to go down to Giant Eagle at 9 when the pharmacy opens and get the scripts filled.

I feel ok so far. A little discomfort in the abdomen and lower region, lol. I've been coughing a lot since I woke up. No pain. I made me a fried egg sandwich this morning. It tasted pretty good. So far I haven't been sick to my stomach. I do have a helluva headache though, and I don't know why. My couch isn't the most comfy thing to sleep on....

I've had the weather channel on all morning. I see Hotlanta is really gonna be hot, so you all take care out there. Guess there were a lot of storms around last evening in different places. Hope all are ok! It's been cloudy here all morning, had a sprinkle a few minutes ago. They're talking about storm chances through out the day.

Citcapp..... Thanks so much for the card you sent me! I laughed.... It was really funny. I appreciate it so much. I love you guys!!

Larry was crabby this morning. He's tired of me being in the hospital. Guess what - I am too, lol. I was pretty short with him and Nicole yesterday I guess, and he didn't appreciate it. I remember some of it. I also remember apologizing for having no patience. I was in excruciating friggin pain, and all those people did was keep asking me the same stupid questions from room to room as I went. Yeah, I had no patience. I don't know how many times they asked me about my "high blood pressure". I kept telling them I don't have high friggin blood pressure!! I take the Bystolic beta blocker for my heart. For A-fib. Not for high blood pressure. I swear to God I can see how people get messed up in hospitals and end up getting wrong things done to them. And the nurses aren't real friendly or helpful at Ahuja or in any of the University Hospitals network, I'll tell ya. I told Larry that believe me, I really hate to bother him with all this and I will try my best not to have to in the future. I sure as hell don't like it either!! I know he's all stressed. He just got back from his moms funeral, then another round of sitting in the hospital with me again. I'll take him out to eat or something when I'm all better. But right now I can't help it that I'm a pain in his butt, lol.

He brought me home some lottery scratch off's from Iowa and Indiana on both his trips. I won $23 from Iowa the first time and $25 from Indiana. I mailed my tickets in and got my checks back already. Today I scratched off the ones he brought the other day and I won $5 from Iowa and $50 from Indiana! I'm happy about that, lol.

That's what you all can send me! Scratch off's from all the various states, lol. Jamesbo..... send me some Gawja tickets - I never had any from Gawja, lol. That would be neat. With the Iowa ones, you just sign the tickets and mail them back. For Indiana, I have to print a claim form and send back with the tickets. Then they send you a check.

Well I'm gonna get dressed and head down to Giant Eagle. So I'll talk to you later. Keep me in your thoughts! You all be careful in that heat out there.
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:38 AM

Mawn'in

Glad you're feel'in better. Ya want winners er loosers?

Yep, Down ere it's as hot as a 2 dollar pistol.

Got de beagle from hell wit us dis weekend whilst de frigg'in kids head of to de Indian [feather not dot] reservation to waste money on de slots.

GTG Have a great weekend Olds friends.

ARROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old June 30th, 2012, 09:04 AM

Glad you feeling better Sandy, now take it easy for awhile. Do some walking around and stay away from stressful situations. Just walk away and get better. Teepo needs you.
Old June 30th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Always room for one more

Hotlanta is for sure!

Today in the Greater Stockbridge Area it is 102* in the shade. I heard the all time high ever was 105. I think that record has a run for its money.

Sandy I'm glad you're having a better day today. I hope it keeps up. I thought a stent stayed in forever.

Who was the yutz on Wikipedia that said you pronounce 442 (fo-fo-two)?

I really need a new pickup. The yellow truck, with its three on the tree and clunky linkage and non-power steering just isn't cutting it. All the trucks I see that I would like are short bed. I got no use for a short bed. Saw an 02 Silverado HD on craigs in Bogart(?), which I've never heard of so it must be far away. Called on it, big block, 5speed manual, extended cab, 4x4, LT(so it has power windows), SHORT BED. Damn it! Guess I'll be spraying down the linkage on the yellow truck again this weekend.

Didn't do too bad at work last night. Finished hanging an engine on a 757 and got home around 630. Still slept until 230. Eh, I knew I wouldn't be doing much outside at 100+ temps. I like this weather but I don't stay out too long in it. Think I'll clean house a little. Laundry tomorrow. Oh what an exciting life I lead.
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:04 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Mike I always had problems with the linkage on my '67. It had a three on the tree as well. So when the first and reverse sliding gear went south, I dropped a TH 350 in and put a floor shifter in. No mas problemo I always wanted to change the steering gearbox out and put power steering in it as well but that never materialized.

The thermometer on my rear view mirror in the Tahoe fluctuated between 108 and 110 depending on where in Howston Co I was at the time It sure felt like it too. I got alot done today but not near what I wanted to accomplish done.

Anywho I bet I sleep good tonight Yall have a great evening
Old June 30th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Always room for one more

Happy Hot Evening

Got to 105* here today. Really nice. Drove with the windows down, it was like being in front of a giant furnace on full. I brought the Saturn home for the weekend, but I think I'll get someone to take me up to the airport to get the Fiat, because the Saturn, which has proven to be an exceptional car, is not exceptional in this heat. I think the head gasket is either going or gone, and it runs a little too hot for my liking. I am going to check out the front beam and see if there's Allan-sized rust in it. Another 18000 and the motor gets a rebuild.

Got a rebuild kit for the Quad that goes on the Corvette. If it looks okay inside I might just put in a couple gaskets and call it a day. The carb only has about 20K on it. That will go on tomorrow, and maybe I'll get the lawn mowed as well.

I'm wondering who I am today. The 67 convertible on ebay ended today at 2K with no buyer, in Connecticut, and I thought eh, that's a long drive in a car I've never seen. Then I see a Metropolitan in Birmingham, a definite project but a good one, and my first thought is how fast can I get out there. I'm a huge Met fan, even though I don't think I could really fit in one. Then I thought, eh I've got enough projects. Whoa. It might be the first time I've excercised car restraint. I think I need an asperin.

Okay the dogs want a treat and I'm tired despite sleeping until 230 this afternoon. Hope everyone has a cool evening and is ready for more heat tomorrow.

PS: "Asperin" doesn't look right but I can't find anything that shows how it's really spelled, so I'll just say I need acetaminophen.

Last edited by slantflat; June 30th, 2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old June 30th, 2012, 07:39 PM

Had a high of 66 today with light rain. What heat?????
Old June 30th, 2012, 07:54 PM

Good Evening Everyone.

A hot sunny day here today. A few time when I looked up today, there were no clouds in sight.

Since last Saturday I have worked on the Cutlass 6 days including today, either all day or after work. Oh, and the other 2 days I went to two local cruise nights that were having some special events. Not a lot of time to get online for long.

On Tuesday night, The Great Race cars stopped in at the local cruise night. There are some really nice cars being driven a long way for this race.

On Wednesday, another cruise night had Oldsmobile as their feature car. This was done in honour of a local Olds guy who passed away over a year. For this area, there was a pretty good turn out of Oldsmobiles. I posted a link to some pics in the General forum (Oldsmobile Night - Rideau Carleton Raceway (Ottawa, Ont)).

I've also posted an update on my Cutlass build thread.

Sandy, glad to hear you are feeling better again. I really hope this fixes the problem and the pain is gone for good.

Mike... you have enough projects? You had better go see a professional!

I'll catch up on the rest of the thread later.

Happy Canada Day to all the Canadians on CO.

Have a great day everyone.
Old June 30th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all,
Wuz busy most of today. Then I figgered if I dint post t'day Jamesbo wood be givin me a black mark for not so perfec attednnce.

Paul - I'll have to check your thread. Can hardly wait to see what you've been up to. I'm up to doing my inner liners right now. Happy Canada Day (tomorrow) right back at ya!!!

Tomorrow is s'posed to be ugly rain day here with t storms. A good day to go to teh boneyards 1/2 price Canada Day Sale. Welp, either tomorra or de next day.

Remember, If ya can't be handy.....ah shoot I forgot what it was now.....something about duct tape.....Red - you on here n kin hep me out wit dat???

Beautimus evening outside. Think I'll go out on de deck and enjoy it a bit.

Pleasant dreams all.
Old July 1st, 2012, 06:45 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter HOT one today

Happy Canada day to all my friends who can spell Zamboni w/o look'in it up.

Enjoy de rest of de weekend Olds Friends
Old July 1st, 2012, 07:14 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning all!

I'm outside on the deck enjoying the sun and listening to the birds singing. Its sunny and hot again.

Larry swept and mopped the kitchen floor this morning. I wish I could do stuff. I am not a sitter...it makes me crazy!

I feel about the same today. My neck still hurts - I swear they put it in a vise or something, lol. My shoulders feel better. I slept in the spare room last night instead of on the couch. My chest still hurts from throwing up so much. Other than that, its all good.

There was a huge old turtle out back in the yard this morning. We walked back to look at him and I took a pic. He was really big! I wanted to touch him but I was scared to. He just kept going across the yard to the neighbors yard. Don't know where he came from.

Yesterday all day, we kept getting geese in the yard. There were 9 of the friggin things. I kept going out and chasing them and throwing sticks at them. They'd fly off and be back a few minutes later. There's piles of their nasty crap all down the sidewalk, all around the patio by the water garden, in the yard..... gross. Larry chased them with the tractor last evening when he got home. They haven't been back today.

Larry just went to Wal Mart. Wish I coulda went with him. I'm soooooo tired of sitting. Nicole will turn 20 next week on the 5th. I have to get her a card. I'll probably have cake and ice cream next weekend. I really don't know what to do for her.

She did make an appointment to talk to a lady at a college about a vet assistant course on the 3rd. I'm supposed to drive over after work that day and meet up with them. God I'd be so happy if she takes it. We shall see.

Allan R.... Thank you so much for the lovely card! You made me laugh, lol. I really appreciate it.

Well.... here are the fluckin geese! Gotta chase them. Ttyl!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; July 1st, 2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old July 1st, 2012, 07:36 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin Mawnin People

Hot as Haities already, I guess it never actually cooled off last night The road frisbees are extremely well done and there's no need to flip 'em, cause the roads are like broiler ovens with the sun being the broiler

Jamesbo how you and your beloved beatle getting along?? ARRRROOOOOOOO

Sandy you just continue to take it easy. Sounds like someone's petting zoo got out Might wanna leave the goose chasing to Larry as well Them suckers are mean as heck and there's not much they're afraid of.

Happy Canadian Day to our northern neighbors

Paul, your getting it done and it's looking good

Pat I couldn't handle all of the rain, but I sure could handle the temps in the 60's for sure

Well I'll check in later, yall take care for now
Old July 1st, 2012, 09:32 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good mawnin and Happy Canada Day (we share most everything up here )

I knew it was too good to be true. Last night before I went to bed I looked up the inventory at the local pick a part. They're having a 1/2 price sale all weekend. Guess what they got?? A 71 Cutlass, a 71 Toro, and 2 78 Toros + some stuff for my wifes car, and my neighbors truck.

Went into the shower - it was nice/sunny and 65°. Came out and it was pouring rain! An dat's only a 10 minute shower!! T storm and more rain as I type. Maybe that will keep some of them pickers out of the boneyard? My Mrs. offered to go along with me to carry the loot. How could I say no? So right now it's a wait it out kind of day. Sorry all you folks in Gawga and Ohio etc who need relief. If I could send this stuff to you, I would. On the + side I don't have to go out and water de garden, flowers or grass..

Scot - I got that book. Came down to the final seconds though.

Jamesbo - whutaya mean us who can spall Zmbaola witout lookin it up? In Hockey central ya gots ta be abel ta drive one all year roun or yer jus not a real Canuck. We lives for de cold wedder... Oh look, aneagle....

Sandy - be glad it's only dem dam geese. Now ya know da true meaning of 'slipperier than goose $hit!" I ran into a gaggle of them golfing one time - vicious beasts aren't they. No sooner than I got past them I hit my ball into a sand trap. I left it there cause there was a big bull Elk nestled down there daring me to come hit it. Jamesbo would have loved that course...

I can appreciate how hard it is not to do stuff when you're so used to doing it! Like I said, sometimes you need to stop and smell the flowers! Soon enough it'll be all good.

Maybe I'll go play wit de wife for a while.....cards or sumpin.....
Old July 1st, 2012, 09:48 AM
Cutlass Lover

Scot..... is it time for those wonderful, luscious, juicy, sweet delicious baseball size Gawja peaches yet??? God, one would taste so good right now! Nothing tastes good to me. Everything I eat has no taste and nothing even sounds good. I hate this. Larry keeps telling me to eat, but nothing sounds good. It sucks, lol!
Old July 1st, 2012, 09:51 AM

Morning all

Mid fifties this morning and more rain. Good day to work on the 48. Have a great Sunday
Old July 1st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Scot..... is it time for those wonderful, luscious, juicy, sweet delicious baseball size Gawja peaches yet??? God, one would taste so good right now! Nothing tastes good to me. Everything I eat has no taste and nothing even sounds good. I hate this. Larry keeps telling me to eat, but nothing sounds good. It sucks, lol!
Ohh stop!! You're making me hungry...

Saaayy WHUT?? no taste buds? Something's not right there. You have a bowl of barn burner Chee lay?? Try scraping your tongue. I know it sounds wierd, but if you got that icky white plaqey stuff on it, it blocks the sweet/bitter taste receptors. Eating food without tasting it is like buying a car and not being able to drive it

Pat - We got your weather up here too. Been steady rain for the past hour +. No letup in sight. Might be a good time to go out and wash de car....
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:05 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
There are some ready I think, but the better ones will be ready soon
Old July 1st, 2012, 10:32 AM
Always room for one more

Happy 'Nuther hot day everyone.

101* here in the GSA(Greater Stockbridge Area) and climbing. In a little while I'm going out to mow and work on the car(s).

Sandy you need to journey to the south and attend the Awful house. That will do several things for you. It will taste good. It will lift your spirits. It will make you feel better. You've heard of the people that travel far for relief from whatever, this will be your story. We'll make a movie out of it. Seriously, get on with feeling better.

Well better do something before the rest of the day slips away. I just got back from the store, and even with the AC on high, my chocolate ice cream was almost soup after the four mile ride home.
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:01 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike - so what you're saying is you went to the store for some 'hot chocolate'?
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:30 PM
Always room for one more

Well Allan it appears that way. I got the patient into the freezer in the nick of time. It will be ready to go on my apple pie this evening.

Well I admit defeat on the Corvette already. Got a carb kit and today didn't even get the top off. It has so many arms and levers and linkages that I said screw it(as it were) I'm sending it to someone. So after a nice glass of iced tea I'm going out to rearrange cars.

103* so far.
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:41 PM
Just an Olds Guy

So later on tonight you can scoop a stiff slab of hot chocolate to cool off with. Nice! Hope you put some of de melted survivor in a small dish as a treat for de puppies.....

What year Corvette? 4bbl QJets can look intimidating when they come apart. Secret is organizing and taking pictures when you do it. I have a book on early QJets that goes back to the 60's and 70's.

Iced tea? I LOVE iced tea. Specially if it's Mikes. (see how you just fit right in there? )You guys must have it down there? Or maybe Smirnoffs Raw Tea?
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:46 PM
Cutlass Lover

....There are some ready I think, but the better ones will be ready soon

Yummmmmm.... I am soooo ready! Let me know when!!!!!

Allan R.... It's more than just plaque crap. I haven't had an appetite since the first surgery. That's why I keep losing weight. Nothing sounds good to me. Though I did want that angelhair pasta w/mushroom sauce last week, and it did taste good!

It's 95 here now. I've been sitting in a chair out on the deck in the shade off and on today. Just came in to get cooled off. I gotta take a shower soon and get stuff ready for work tomorrow. I just feel yucky.

I like Mike's Hard Lemonade every once in a while... I don't care for iced tea. Larry drinks it. I can drink it with a lot of lemon flavor though.
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:47 PM
Always room for one more

Oh this is Lipton's. Nothing added, or I'd never, ever get anything done.

Didn't I say I was going back out? I've been reading about why Chevrolet killed all of Oldsmobile's good ideas. Actually I think it was Cadillac. They always seemed to take all of Oldsmobile's good ideas.

Oh speaking of that, there's a Buick Skywagon on craigslist here in Atlanta that's been there forever, listed as a Vista Cruiser. All the very detailed pictures they have clearly show every place it says Buick, but on the tailgate it actually says Vista Cruiser. Hm.

Okay I'm going out now. My friend that's going to take me to the airport to get my car said he'd be by a little later.
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:51 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sandy - Sounds like if you're good with angel hair pasta - go get some more. Doesn't matter if Larry doesn't like it. We're talking about your needs here and now. I'm sure he would agree with us if it would make you eat. Whuchu tryin to do girl? Thin down to a supermodel??? Fo'gedaboudit..... We want you back the way you were....ok??

Now go shower, get some pasta and feel better! Get Nicole to drive you down for that treat if Larry won't take ya!
Old July 1st, 2012, 02:23 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Wow it's 106 ere and just had one heck of a t-storm just blew in complete with dime to quarter sized hail and a bit of cow & flat rock action Glad to have the rain to cool things down but the hail I can live w/o
Old July 1st, 2012, 02:36 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hopefully dat cooled it down to under a 100??
Scot - sent you a PM.
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:33 PM

Well it poured today but is beautifil now. I can hear the Canada Day fireworks going off. In Sherwood Park the fireworks go off at 9 pm so the little ones can be there to see them. Unfortunately, it won't get dark for another hour and a half. At 11, Edmonton will set off their fireworks.

Glad we have Monday off. I think I'll just sleep in and do nothing all day. I was surprised that the mall was open today. Anything to make a buck...national holiday or not. It seems Christmas day is the only day off for most stores...except convenience stores.

Back to work for me on Tuesday and off again for two weeks just as our car show comes up. I think I'll go sit outside for a while.
Old July 1st, 2012, 08:40 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Evening all,

Yup, just like Ken said. De cow and flatrock hit dis mawnin wit a vengeance. But now it's just beautimus.

Ken - Holidays mean nothing to business.... Ever notice the 7-11 says "open 24 hours' but they have a lock on the front door? THAT makes sense..... BTW I'm kinda seriously looking at a new project - 72 Delta 88. Have to see what pans out in the next little while.

Mike - that must be why I don't get much done. Gonna have to switch to Liptons.

Pat - how much you get done on the 48?

Paul - Kinda curious. On the pic it looks like theres carpet on the rear passenger armrests. Is that just photo effects or did you texture the armrests. Is that a new headliner BTW?

Sleep tight. Y'all have a big day comin up on Wed. How many of you get the day off?
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Welp, Tis Monday so I need to hit de links. Gonna be a hot one a-gain.

De mountain lake was a nice place to take a dip yesterday. Red Dog wanted to sleep in it wit his tennis ball but we had to come home.

Sandy, I'm wit Allen, try to eat sum'en ya really likes. Once when I got outa de hospital, I went straight to de deli and got me a corn beef sandwich.

Scot, We got a dust'in of rain last nite, wasn't enough to settle de dust.

I guess we're gonna have to educate our northern friends [and transplants] on how to properly prepare Ice tea.

Enjoy de week Olds friends
Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:08 AM
CQR

Mornin all. Still hot here too. Place is soo hot its literally burning up.

Sandy, Keep getting better.

Paul, I thought you weren't going to show off the color until it was done?

Jamesbo, Happy whackin and low scores.

Ken and Allan, happy belated Canada day Hope you enjoy your day off.

Mike, Hope you get the vette goin soon. The Mets are neat, I've always wanted corvair monza. Stopped by a show at the local Hooters on Saturday and there were 5-6 of them there in all conditions. There was a guy there that had a very nice 65 GTO vert. It was a LS conversion and the guy had retro-fitted the entire interior from a new goat into the moldy oldy. It was well done and looked very close to factory.

Pat, Hope you get a little sun soon. If you need to borrow some of ours, be my guest.

Scot, Hope everything managed to stay damage free!

Finally getting it cooled off in here. It was 81 in the house when I woke up at 4 this morning. Trying to get it a little below 70 before I close her up. I really don't want to get A?C for the house.

The Missus and I found that wild hair where everybody usually says it is. So we hopped in the Olds and went for a drive. By the time we got back we had put over 300 miles behind us. The Overdrive worked well even tho a lot of the time I had it pulled back into Drive do to the pass'. We did get a little hot going up Mt Vernon canyon, but it did ok with Gore and rabbit ears pass. We make the trek up thru the area where the wife usually gets most of her hay. They were claiming there wasn't any hay growing this year. And they were right. Really dry up there, and very little growth.

We stopped in Kremmling for some Mexican food after making the loop from Yampa to Steamboat Springs. It was ok, but the service was really slow.
Attachment 175609

Even with all the bug guts on the windshield, you sure can see a long way coming down off of rabbit ears pass.
Attachment 175610

Two of my favorite things.
Attachment 175611

Everyone have a great day. Stay cool

Last edited by CQR; July 2nd, 2012 at 05:10 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 05:55 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin Olds Friends

Gonna be another triple digit day ere, but we're on the lower end now and temps should only reach 101 or so. Thankfully we are okay as well as the vehicles from the violent storms last night. I think we got about 1.5" of the wet stuff and about .25" of hail Others wasn't so fortunate as trees were blown over everywhere and a house in Perry burned from a lightning strike about 2 am.

Clint those are some great pics there Glad the overdrive is performing well, I bet it only turns around 2000 rpm at 70 mph

Mike those four barrel carbs can be tricky, especially if you've never done one. The instruction manual is usually very detailed though. But it may be best to leave it to the experts, especially if your not sure.

Sandy I'll check on the peaches today Hopefully they are plump this year, I'm ready for some homemade peach ice cream

Well gotta go TTFN
Old July 2nd, 2012, 06:23 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Morning All
Perfect day here-mid 80's bit of a breeze.
Amazing how climate can vary on this earth. We have had a great growing season, whereas others are burning, in drought or cool and wet..
Clint, great pics. I had a great crop of hay this year..if I was closer I would drop some off
My luck with finding cars that needed little work has ended with the 72Cutlass S!, but I am Irish and will take up the task!I am following a build thread by a member with the same car, together with the forum, I will be driving her in no time....

Have a great day

Ted
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:06 AM

Morning all

cool light rain mid 60's again but the weather gods say we should be into the 70's by the end of the 4th and that blue sky's are on the way. It will be nice to roll the windows down on the 57 and go cruising.

Got the disc brake kits installed on the rear of the 48 one more small step in the right direction.

Have a great day all
Old July 2nd, 2012, 07:29 AM
Cutlass Lover

Late morning All!

Been crazy here at work this morning. It's sunny, muggy and heading towards 90.

I'm feeling ok still. No pain or anything.

There were bad storms and tornado warnings out all over the place here last evening. Nicole and her friends were at Cedar Point, and at 6:30 pm the news was full of tornado warnings there in Sandusky. There was a lot of hail around there and cloud rotation. They showed pics of Cedar Point and the storms. I was so worried about them! They did make it home safely, thank God. She called and said they were sitting in traffic on the turnpike around 7 pm, due to an accident or something. She said the AC wasn't blowing cold in the Intrigue and the windows were all steaming up and they were wiping them with paper towels, lol. I suppose the AC needs recharged or something. Hell, it's 11 years old.

We got nothing around here. Some thunder and wind, and a very light sprinkle that didn't last long. Then a pretty rainbow. That was it for us. There were a lot of uprooted trees and downed power lines in the hard hit areas.

You'll be happy to know that I did manage to eat some steak and corn and a sweet tater last evening. It even tasted kinda good, lol. I was happy!

I have to take Tincanio over to Conrad's Tire after work. Got a slow leaking drivers side front tire. It had 16 lbs. of air in it on Saturday so I filled it up. Yesterday evening it was down to 20 lbs. so Larry took it and put air in. This morning that low tire signal thing was on and I didn't bother to check it. I will take it down to Sheetz at lunch time and put air in it and take it to Conrad's tonight. Defer is closed on Wednesday as it's the 4th. It's always something..........

Clint - Gorgeous pics! Colorado is a beautiful state. I've been through it several times. Thanks for posting them.

My picture from the Riverfront should be done tonight. Don't know if I'll go get it though or wait.

Well have a great day all!
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:53 AM
Always room for one more

Hey everyone. I think the temp is half what it was yesterday. Okay not quite.

I figured I better get in a message while I still can. This computer of mine is moments away from going completely Tango Uniform. I'll be out shopping for a new one this afternoon.

Clint those are some nice pictures with some nice views.

Sandy I'm glad food is tasting better to you and you're feeling better.

No rain no nuthin' here yesterday. It did cloud up a little but that's all. I thought it looked like rain this morning but now the sun's out.

Hope you had good luck on the links, Jamesbo. I'm doing my banking over the phone.

If you don't hear from me again it's because my computer has roasted itself and I've gone mad trying to look at the internet.