The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 2nd, 2020, 03:19 AM

I've lived in the same ole farm house since 1876. I have had exactly 1 tricker treater during that entire time,

Probably a frost delay on the course this morning, so 've got a late tee time

Have a great day Olds friends
Old November 2nd, 2020, 06:24 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
I've lived in the same ole farm house since 1876.
James - You're a seriously old geezer.
Old November 2nd, 2020, 06:30 AM

I've lived in the same ole farm house since 1876.
I had no idea you were so old.
Old November 2nd, 2020, 06:36 AM

Oooooooooooooops 1976
Old November 2nd, 2020, 12:03 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Well Jamesbo, there's something to be said about longevity.

Good day at work. I was at my desk today. Reduced number and no one was in a hurry. We still finished by 1.

Sunny today but cold. I think it will warm up a little as the week goes on. I hope so, lots of outside stuff I want to do. The chances of anything getting done are slim, so why add cold temperatures to the mix. I should call to have the gas turned on.

Not much else. Have a good afternoon everyone.

Old November 2nd, 2020, 02:09 PM
Running On Empty

It wasn't a bad day of golf. Generally, our group totals ~18-20. Today, there were four of us. The wind was howling out of the North @ 28mph - 35mph w/ gusts @ 40mph - 45 mph - it was windy for sure. Temperature was a balmy 49°F - 52°F.
40/41 I didn't rock it, but for the conditions it was admirable.
Old November 2nd, 2020, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
It wasn't a bad day of golf. Generally, our group totals ~18-20. Today, there were four of us. The wind was howling out of the North @ 28mph - 35mph w/ gusts @ 40mph - 45 mph - it was windy for sure. Temperature was a balmy 49°F - 52°F.
40/41 I didn't rock it, but for the conditions it was admirable.
Norm - Pretty damn good under those conditions. Pretty damn good for anyone under good conditions!

Brutal cold here this morning at 25, with a windchill of 15. It was sunny though and got up to 62. Supposed to be in the low to mid-70s the rest of the week and sunny. One of my riding buddies and I, and our wives, are going to take our cars out one last time to see the fall colors on Friday. He has a high dollar 66 Vette. We're going out west about 70-miles to the town of Herrmann on the Missouri River. It's an old German town with several wineries and microbreweries. We'll take a lunch with us and eat at a really pretty park they have in town that sits right on the river. It's about 140-miles round trip for me so it will be the longest trip I've taken in my car to date.

Hope everyone had a good day and has a relaxing evening.
Old November 2nd, 2020, 03:24 PM

44/36

When I wake up every thing is stiff [except what I want to be[ Us ole pharts take a few holes to limber up, by the time I limber up, it's time for a nap
Old November 2nd, 2020, 03:27 PM
Running On Empty

James - 44/36 = 80 Did you play all 18?
Old November 2nd, 2020, 03:46 PM

Yes, pushed a birdie putt almost shot a 35

Consistently inconsistent

Old November 2nd, 2020, 03:50 PM

James - Damn good shooting pardner!!!
Old November 2nd, 2020, 04:00 PM
Running On Empty

Nice round, James!
Old November 3rd, 2020, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
James - Damn good shooting pardner!!!

Some days, your the dog, some days your the fire hydrant

I don't wanta get too political but tonite is gonna be like waiting for a biopsy report

Have a great day Olds friends
Old November 3rd, 2020, 04:04 AM

Sposta warm up into 50-60 today. Guess I finally will rake the leaves/ pine needles. Yuk.. We will go over and vote also. Yesterday wife and I went for a ride around on a bunch of dirt roads. We started to count political signs- counted 31 for the incumbent and 3 for the challenger. This is not a opinion just what we saw- just reporting..... I didn't even mention names. Today I was planning to go over to Midland with my buddy's wife to help bring him home, but that isn't going to happen today. He is having trouble eating/ digesting/etc so if he can ---go--- they may release him maybe Wed or Thurs. With all that injury he sure doesn't need digestive troubles.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 04:45 AM

Greg, If the number of signs are any indication "Boiled Peanuts' is coming in second around here

Old November 3rd, 2020, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by Greg Rogers
Today I was planning to go over to Midland with my buddy's wife to help bring him home, but that isn't going to happen today. He is having trouble eating/ digesting/etc so if he can ---go--- they may release him maybe Wed or Thurs. With all that injury he sure doesn't need digestive troubles.
Greg - Sorry your buddy is still in the hospital, but not surprising considering his accident. Better safe than sorry, and then having to go back if an issue developed. Hopefully he'll be able to go home on Wednesday or Thursday.

Spent a good part of the day yesterday running around with my wife in my truck picking up used wall cabinets and a used free standing cabinet from 3 different locations. Lookout, she's got another project going! All I know is she is going to modify and "upgrade" the laundry room. She won't tell me what her vision is for that "upgrade" because she wants to surprise me. I asked her to please not take out any load bearing walls!

We're going to go and vote around 1000. In our little town our polling place is at City Hall, which is also the location of our Police Department. This is the first election I've ever even thought about that scenario, but I'm glad it is what it is today so we don't have to witness or be subjected to any shenanigans! Enough said!

On a brighter note, they're building a brand new O'Reilly Autp Parts store in town that will be less than 5-minutes from me. Right now I have an Autozone about 15-minutes from me, but the O'Reillys will be a really quick trip when it's done. I've never shopped much at O'Reillys because I've never had one close to me. I hope they have a good selection of standard brands and common parts, I'm sure I'll find out.

Have a great day Olds friends!
Old November 3rd, 2020, 05:39 AM
Running On Empty

Refrigerator and freezer are full - just waiting for the declaration of Martial Law.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 09:43 AM

Well, we went out to vote like I said we would at 1000. Busiest I have ever seen it in the 12-years I've been voting at this location. Line to get in was about 30-yards out the door, but it moved quickly. We were in and out in about 40-minutes. I was pleasantly surprised with the organization and peacefulness of the process, and that 95% of folks were wearing masks and keeping socially distanced. All good and glad to see people out exercising their right to vote. Should be a very interesting few days!
Old November 3rd, 2020, 12:07 PM

On a brighter note, they're building a brand new O'Reilly Autp Parts store in town that will be less than 5-minutes from me. Right now I have an Autozone about 15-minutes from me, but the O'Reillys will be a really quick trip when it's done. I've never shopped much at O'Reillys because I've never had one close to me. I hope they have a good selection of standard brands and common parts, I'm sure I'll find out
The closest parts store to me is an O'Reilly's Auto. 20 years or so now and I have been satisfied with their lines of parts.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Fun71
The closest parts store to me is an O'Reilly's Auto. 20 years or so now and I have been satisfied with their lines of parts.
Kenneth - Thanks, that's good to know! I'm hoping they might have a Grand Opening type sale to get folks in the store. I'm sure looking.forward to it being there.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 02:07 PM
Running On Empty

We have an O-Reilly's Auto, Advance Auto, AutoZone & NAPA w/in seven miles of the house. NAPA is by far the absolute worst NAPA I have ever encountered - absolutely frightful - no parts, dilapidated building & terribly rude customer service. In my younger years (Up North) NAPA was the GO-TO parts supplier (aside from our weekly trips via the Milwaukee Road train to downtown Chicago to embrace J.C. Whitney). The other three are very good in all aspects - good customer service, good inventory & trained personnel.

Atlantic Salmon stuffed with spinach & feta cheese along w/ a Mediterranean Quinoa Blend of cherry tomatoes, spinach & basil to get through the long night of debacle.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 02:38 PM

norm, I fixed turkey and cornbread dressing [ in hopes of an early Thanksgiving]
Old November 3rd, 2020, 02:48 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Norm, I didn't know you lived by me. You've just described the NAPA by me to a tee. I haven't been there in years. I go to the NAPA 4 or 5 miles further, way better. O'Reilly's is okay but they are usually the priciest by far.

Cold, but sunny. I called for the gas to be turned on, they will be here Monday. So I got this little space heater that goes with me from room to room, and tonight I'm gonna work on the stove so I can crank that up. If it weren't for Tiger I wouldn't have the gas turned on and I'd just wing it.

Sad, sad news. The pizza place I love has closed. Don't know why, but I suspect it's because of the stupid, stupid restrictions and fake emergency that has driven their business away. So I guess I'll just have to call and have them mail me pizza from up home.

On a good note, the Christian radio station has started playing Christmas music already. I love Christmas music. Haven't been a big fan of the rest of the season for a while. The old stuff is my favorite. That and Manheim Steamroller.

No Hump Day for me. I'm off Friday and going to see my Mom. So the week is exactly half over.

Okay gonna get to the stove. Have a good evening everyone.

Old November 3rd, 2020, 02:49 PM

To hell with the food, I went to the liquor store and bought a six pack and a bottle of Jack!
Old November 3rd, 2020, 03:27 PM
Running On Empty

James - I'm all about turkey & corn bread. Delicious!
Mike - Maybe your NAPA is owned by the same dufus by me.
Chris - You're covered whichever way it goes - celebrate or forget about it!
Old November 3rd, 2020, 03:31 PM

Chris - You're covered whichever way it goes - celebrate or forget about it!
Norm - That's exactly my line of reasoning, I'm going to have a good night whichever way it goes. Tomorrow morning might be a different story???
Old November 3rd, 2020, 03:41 PM

Norm - That's exactly my line of reasoning, I'm going to have a good night whichever way it goes. Tomorrow morning might be a different story???
Save a beer and a shot, just in case.
Old November 3rd, 2020, 03:43 PM

Wise words!
Old November 3rd, 2020, 03:47 PM
Running On Empty

Drop that shot in the tumbler for a Boiler Maker. Get the job done fast.

Old November 4th, 2020, 02:05 AM

Regardless of the out come, It's still Hump day. Have a great day Olds friends
Old November 4th, 2020, 04:09 AM

Regardless of the out come, It's still Hump day. Have a great day Olds friends
James - Can I get my vote back, I now have a viable write-in candidate.

Well SH&%, I don't know much more now than when I went to bed last night. I can't believe in our age of modern technology we're subjected to this crap. It just puts everyone on edge. I guess I'm going to have to go back to the liquor store and go on a 3-day bender before we know the final outcome.

Have a great day guys!
Old November 4th, 2020, 04:41 AM

I am often reminded of a quote from former GDOT commissioner

"There is more ability to produce news than there is news" Bert Lance
Old November 4th, 2020, 06:57 AM

I was watching the election returns on the local news last night, but when they reported "Breaking News" that Michigan and Wisconsin wouldn't have vote totals until end of day today for one and the end of the week for the other, I switched the channel and watched Hacksaw Ridge. Figured even if the results were known it wouldn't affect me in any appreciable way for the remainder of the year, so why even worry about it?
Old November 4th, 2020, 01:47 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Sunny out. Warmer outside than it is in the house. I'm continuing to work on the stove, and I'm confident I should have it going tonight.

My wall guy kicked *** today, as we hit our 34 wheels by about 1030. He even did a few more and gave them to the other mechanics. Tomorrow is Friday for me.

Going to see my Mom this weekend. I need to change the oil in the dogmobile. I went to get the stuff today, but I'll do it tomorrow after work. I'll leave early Friday, instead of trying to leave Thursday night and getting into all that evening traffic.

Nothing new in the Greater Stockbridge Area. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Old November 4th, 2020, 03:47 PM
Running On Empty

Well, I have a news flash - sorta. I'm pretty certain the wingnuts where I just tossed out $7500 worth of engine overhaul work on my '93 Ford F-250 6.0L diesel DID NOT put the oil I specifically stated I wanted put into the truck. Dollars-to-Donuts these Fuquetards dropped in any oil they had and charged me for Rotella. I specifically told them Rotella T6 fully synthetic diesel. The truck has been starting terribly when it's cold outdoors -and, it hardly is even cold outdoors yet. Anyways, I'm rather pissed right now about it, but I'm not going to jump down their throats which is exactly what I feel like doing. The truck is pulling no OBDII codes, but I'm nearly 100% positive the brand new fuel injectors are already suffering from injector stiction. So, I ordered two containers of
REV X Stiction Fix Oil Treatment - Two 4 fl. oz. Bottles REV X Stiction Fix Oil Treatment - Two 4 fl. oz. Bottles
and six gallons of
Shell Rotella T Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 15W-40 Diesel Shell Rotella T Rotella T6 Full Synthetic 15W-40 Diesel
and a couple more
Motorcraft FL2016 Oil Filter Motorcraft FL2016 Oil Filter
. Unfortunately, the oil won't arrive for a couple of weeks. It's a better price than WalMart right now, and I'll just plug the truck's block into the 110V each cold night until it arrives. Some may ask, why would the warm black make things any better for starting and cold idling. Well, the turbo diesel fuel injectors operate via the high pressure oil pump (HPOP). One high pressure oil rail on each side of the intake manifold - one on the passenger side and one on the driver side. Of course, I did say I was nearly 100% certain, I just can't figure out anything else it could be. Both batteries are less than two years old and I installed a new FICM (Fuel Injector Control Module) at the beginning of last year. I have two OBDII readers and the FICM voltage is spot-on. Oh well, That's my bark for the day!! RUFF RUFF!!!!

$hit like this really pisses me off.

Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike....Have a nice ride South and a nice time w/ your Mom.

I am completely refraining from speaking about what I witnessed on television last night. It was like watching a game of checkers being played on a ping-pong table.
Old November 4th, 2020, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hi everyone.

Norm, I didn't know you lived by me. You've just described the NAPA by me to a tee. I haven't been there in years. I go to the NAPA 4 or 5 miles further, way better. O'Reilly's is okay but they are usually the priciest by far.

Cold, but sunny. I called for the gas to be turned on, they will be here Monday. So I got this little space heater that goes with me from room to room, and tonight I'm gonna work on the stove so I can crank that up. If it weren't for Tiger I wouldn't have the gas turned on and I'd just wing it.

Sad, sad news. The pizza place I love has closed. Don't know why, but I suspect it's because of the stupid, stupid restrictions and fake emergency that has driven their business away. So I guess I'll just have to call and have them mail me pizza from up home.

On a good note, the Christian radio station has started playing Christmas music already. I love Christmas music. Haven't been a big fan of the rest of the season for a while. The old stuff is my favorite. That and Manheim Steamroller.

No Hump Day for me. I'm off Friday and going to see my Mom. So the week is exactly half over.

Okay gonna get to the stove. Have a good evening everyone.
Not a big fan of Christmas, but do like Manheim Steamroller. Hope the "fake emergency" doesn't torque your shorts too much.
Have a safe trip.

Old November 4th, 2020, 04:20 PM

Well, I have a news flash - sorta. I'm pretty certain the wingnuts where I just tossed out $7500 worth of engine overhaul work on my '93 Ford F-250 6.0L diesel DID NOT put the oil I specifically stated I wanted put into the truck. Dollars-to-Donuts these Fuquetards dropped in any oil they had and charged me for Rotella. I specifically told them Rotella T6 fully synthetic diesel. The truck has been starting terribly when it's cold outdoors -and, it hardly is even cold outdoors yet. Anyways, I'm rather pissed right now about it, but I'm not going to jump down their throats which is exactly what I feel like doing.
Norm - Jumping down their throat would probably not help anything, but I'd sure as hell make a personal trip there and ask them to their face if they put something other than the Rotella in there. If you could get them to admit they put in something different than what you requested, maybe you could at least get them to reimburse you for all the cost of the new oil and filter? Worth a shot, especially if you really believe they put some other cheap crap in it. I'd call them out on it.
Old November 4th, 2020, 10:47 PM

I've got an Autozone, Advance, and an O'Reilly's within a mile and a half of me, and a NAPA about four miles away. There is a NAPA about 5 miles from me in the other direction, that I went to once when I had my '71 Supreme. I went there for spark plugs. As they did not have them on the shelf, the gal there decided that she needed to look them up in a parts book, even though I gave her the part number. I watched as she flipped through the book, settling in the chebby truck section. I asked her what she was doing, and she replied "Looking for your plugs", I replied " it's an Oldsmobile not a chebby, and not a truck, that they weren't related", then walked out of the store, never to return. I go to the other one with no eff ups.

Last edited by 1969w3155; November 4th, 2020 at 10:53 PM.
Old November 5th, 2020, 01:41 AM

This thing as gone from waiting for a biopsy results to waiting for STD results
Old November 5th, 2020, 05:48 AM
Running On Empty

I spoke with the service garage mechanic in person this morning and he convinced me he did in fact replace the oil w/ Rotella T6 15W40. I'm sticking with my next move which is to perform another oil change with the addition of the Rev-X Stiction Oil Treatment to see if this resolves the issue. Argh.