The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 5th, 2020, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
I spoke with the service garage mechanic in person this morning and he convinced me he did in fact replace the oil w/ Rotella T6 15W40. I'm sticking with my next move which is to perform another oil change with the addition of the Rev-X Stiction Oil Treatment to see if this resolves the issue. Argh.
Norm - It's got to be painful putting those kind of $'s into servicing your truck just to have it run poorly! I hope the oil treatment does the trick!
Old November 5th, 2020, 06:01 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442
Norm - It's got to be painful putting those kind of $'s into servicing your truck just to have it run poorly! I hope the oil treatment does the trick!
Chris - Even more painful when people remind me of it! Just kidding. Yeah, it's annoying for sure. These things aren't easy to work on, as well. We'll see what the future holds. Gorgeous weather outdoors - time to take advantage of additional landscaping activities.
Old November 5th, 2020, 09:51 AM

So, the Super model is having a conversation with behind me neighbor about someone putting up a deer stand in the power line between our properties. Long story short. It turns out Marcus Allan iis our behind neighbor
Old November 5th, 2020, 10:01 AM

Good morning guys (barely morning),
Beautiful out today, sunny and mid-70's, with 0% chance of rain. Suppossed to stay this way through Monday. Still planning on taking my car out with my wife, and my friends with their car, tomorrow on that 160-mile round-trip out west of here. The farthest drive I've been on with it to date has been 100-miles, so this will be a new milestone. Thinking of getting out for a motorcycle ride this afternoon for an hour or two, there won't be many days left where it's warm enough to enjoy it. Thinking I may clean, winterize, and put away the car this weekend while it's still comfortable to be out in the garage.

Later this afternoon I have to take my wife in my truck to pick up some cabinets she's getting for free for her laundry room makeover. We have the measurements for them and they both should fit in my 6&1/2-foot bed, but it will be tight .

Well that's the plan for today, guess we'll see how it plays out? Hope everyone has a great day!
Old November 5th, 2020, 10:33 AM

Summer is giving us one last (hopefully) blast. . I don't know how much more of this I can take.

​​​​​​​

Old November 5th, 2020, 10:47 AM

Norm, I'm having a brain phart. What is the name of those long boards you see around Charleston that bounce and rock at the same time. I think they were used to rock babies to sleep before the :Recent Unpleasantness"
Old November 5th, 2020, 11:30 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Norm, I'm having a brain phart. What is the name of those long boards you see around Charleston that bounce and rock at the same time. I think they were used to rock babies to sleep before the :Rennet Unpleasantness"
James - You got me on that one. As often as I've been to many areas of Charleston, you'd think I'd have seen one or several. It isn't a joggling board I don't believe because I think those were like tetter-totter exercise devices? They were in fact made w/ long boards though. I've seen those before.
Old November 5th, 2020, 11:34 AM

Thanks Norm, It is indeed a Joggling board. I kept wanting to call them waddeling board

https://thejogglefactory.com/
Old November 5th, 2020, 11:37 AM
Running On Empty

James - Ah, right. Makes sense though what you were thinking.
Old November 5th, 2020, 11:41 AM

Just so our Olds friends stay up on things

Old November 5th, 2020, 11:45 AM
Running On Empty

Wow, I never knew this place existed. I'm learning new stuff. Kinda cool!

OLD CHARLESTON JOGGLING BOARD CO.
Old November 5th, 2020, 11:55 AM
Running On Empty

James - That's an interesting read regarding the history/development of the Joggling Board i.e. rheumatism/Scotland & all.
Are you thinking of making one? That would be a fantastic edition to your home I would imagine since you have an historic home. I've purchased lots of 2"x12"x16' pieces of lumber over the years. If you're good with woodworking, and these things really don't look like much to fabricate at all, this would be fun to build. Obviously, need a good enamel paint.
Old November 5th, 2020, 12:03 PM
Running On Empty

The part about joggling to the middle now makes so much more sense (Courting Bench). Very cool.
Old November 5th, 2020, 12:06 PM
Running On Empty

I've stayed @ Middleton Place a fair number of times (and love it). I believe that's the last joggling board I recall seeing anywhere. I think it was located around the back of the old barn - which is now a dining room restaurant.

Old November 5th, 2020, 12:12 PM

Norm, I was half a$$ thinking about putting on on the dock and watching certain parts of young female hard bodies bounce around

I have a Bimini ring game on my screen porch and I'm amazed at how people [especially kids] will play oit for hours
Old November 5th, 2020, 12:20 PM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by Fun71
Summer is giving us one last (hopefully) blast. . I don't know how much more of this I can take.​​​​
Kenneth - I believe you have a front moving through tonight or tomorrow don't you? It looks like your next ten days are absolutely splendid.

Old November 5th, 2020, 02:06 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Ah the week is done. My own number was 33 and I signed off 37 wheels. It helped that I had two robot guys, one being one of the best, and about the best wall guy. And I don't screw around all day. It's kind of nice having a 4 day week, but I'm not sure it's worth 300 bucks off my paycheck. Eh, going to see Mom and I know we'll have a good visit and won't be rushed.

Kenneth you can send some of that our way. I don't like anything below 65.

Bunser you have no idea how torqued my shorts get over all this. I just keep telling myself that it will be over soon.

Jamesbo I had to look that guy up. You keep posting things about people I have no idea who they are. I must lead a sheltered life.

Well I had planned on beef stew for my dinner, but I think the Awful house is calling. Tiger deserves a break, and he isn't going to get one all weekend. You know one thing about his medicine, it makes his appetite insane. He eats like there's no tomorrow. I had a Pit once for a short time who ended up stray. He would eat like that, because he had learned that his next meal wasn't guaranteed. If there's one thing Tiger should know by now is that there is no shortage of food for him.

Okay gonna go to Awful house. I changed the oil in the dogmobile when I got home from work, gotta go test it out.

Old November 5th, 2020, 03:26 PM

Yes, the weather will be very nice after the front passes through, but look at today. Dang. Triple digits in my area.

Last edited by Fun71; November 5th, 2020 at 03:35 PM.
Old November 5th, 2020, 07:02 PM

So, the Super model is having a conversation with behind me neighbor about someone putting up a deer stand in the power line between our properties. Long story short. It turns out Marcus Allan iis our behind neighbor
James - Are you talking about Marcus "Allen" the former Oakland Raider's Hall of Fame running back? Say it isn't so!
Old November 5th, 2020, 07:25 PM
Running On Empty

Not sure. I first thought he was talking about the footballer from Australia.
Old November 5th, 2020, 07:38 PM

Well, we didn't get the call to go get the cabinets till after 4:00, putting us into the start of rush hour traffic. Got there, and sure as SH#$, both cabinets would not fit in the truck, which has a cap on it. Had to take one home and then go back, by which time it was really rush hour. It wasn't like we were in downtown St. Louis, but still pretty damn hectic. When I was working, we had flexible start hours and I went in the earliest they'd allow starting at 0600 and getting off at 1430, primarily just to miss the rush hours. I sure don't miss that 30-mile drive into downtown St. Louis everyday. Hope everyone is having a great evening. Tomorrow evening I’ll post a couple pics of our drive out to Hermann.
Old November 5th, 2020, 09:59 PM

James - Are you talking about Marcus "Allen" the former Oakland Raider's Hall of Fame running back? Say it isn't so!
I was wondering the same thing. Still trying to figure out the joggling board.
Old November 5th, 2020, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Dream67Olds442

yes, I haven't met him. But my wife has
Old November 5th, 2020, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
I was wondering the same thing. Still trying to figure out the joggling board.

When ya sit on the middle of the board it bows and rocks, Bouncy bouncy
Old November 6th, 2020, 05:20 AM

--Good Morning!!! Well got the leaves and pine needles all raked up. I have a huge back pack leaf blower that is a beast- works great but still if you try to move too much they just go up, If you are getting leaves and dirt in your hair you know it's too much, then its time to go get a tarp and rake them on to it. I then pull them over to the woods and dump them.
-- Then I asked a buddy to come over and help me clean out the eavestrophs . This is how my other buddy fell so I wanted help. I was very cautious cuz there are some that are about 25 ' up. Everything went fine but I am not a fan of doing this. But it's done...
-- Speaking of my buddy that fell--- I was supposta go with his wife and pick him up a few days ago but he had to go and have another emergency surgery. Now listen to this--- Strangest thing !! When he fell he had a back pack leaf blower on and apparently he landed on it breaking 6 of his ribs on left side near his spine, 5 of them were broken in 2 places. One of the broken ribs punctured his lung, he also cracked his pelvis. They opened him up to pin together the 5 ribs that were broken in 2 places, and put a tube in his lung. After a few days they removed the tube and he was to come home. But then he couldn't poop and everything wouldn't pass thru his stomach. It just stayed there. So here is the crazy part! When his pelvis cracked it opened up at the crack and his intestine or bowel or whatever they call it got pinched in the crack!! Then it fit back together and pinched the tube! They had to do more looking and once they found that, they opened him back up. They had to pull open the pelvis at the crack- remove the tube and shorten it and sew it back together. Apparently the tube didn't leak of that could have killed him . Can you believe it??? Wow.
-- Well the fall surely would have killed him back in the days before modern health care. Be careful guys!!! So I think he will be coming home in a few days...
Old November 6th, 2020, 05:35 AM

Greg, That's crazy but I'm glad they found out in time

Old November 6th, 2020, 05:41 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Oh so good to sleep in when all my compadre's are at work. Not gonna get an early start like I wanted to, but hey I'm not in any rush. I turned the heat up on my bed, no way I was giving that up.

Greg that's crazy about your friend. When it rains it pours I guess. I hope he gets home soon. Maybe the back pack kept him from getting hurt worse.

Norm he could have also been talking about the **** star.

Okay really need to get things going. I mean, I'm not in a hurry but if I don't do something I won't leave until dinner. Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Old November 6th, 2020, 02:35 PM

Norm, I read that Marcus Allan is an 8 handicapper, I may ax him if he wants to play a round [and kick my a$$}
Old November 6th, 2020, 03:06 PM
Running On Empty

Marcus Allan never played for the Raiders, but Marcus Allen played for the Raiders.
Old November 6th, 2020, 03:13 PM
Running On Empty

The guy on the left played football for the Oakland Raiders, the guy on the right did not play for the Oakland Raiders; although, the guy on the right is better looking than the guy on the left.

What is the name of the guy on the left, and what is the name of the guy on the right?

Old November 6th, 2020, 03:59 PM
Running On Empty

Still friends over 60 years. Dave Casper (left) and me. Our 1966 grade school graduation picture. The picture above is Dave & me at his College Football Hall of Fame induction in Atlanta.

Old November 6th, 2020, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Vintage Chief
Marcus Allan never played for the Raiders, but Marcus Allen played for the Raiders.

Well, he jes told me up front and personal, he spelled it both ways depending on the day of the week
Old November 6th, 2020, 04:01 PM
Running On Empty

Well, he jes told me up front and personal, he spelled it both ways depending on the day of the week
A subterfuge.
Old November 6th, 2020, 05:14 PM

Good evening guys,
Greg - That is a wild story about your friend. Thank goodness they found what was wrong and were able to get it fixed!

Norm - Great pic of you with Dave Casper. The Raiders were my favorite team growing up. Kenny Stabler, Dave Casper, Fred Biletnikoff, the Mad Stork Ted Hendricks, Otis Sistrunk from the University of Mars, and of course Madden as coach. What a cast of characters! You're right, you are the best looking between you and Casper, you might even be my long lost brother. Attached is a pic of when I was inducted into my college's Athletic Hall of Fame in 2005. I can see a resemblance between the two of us.

We had a nice drive today. Still a fair amount of color in the trees. It got up to about 74, which was a nice temp for a 170-mile drive with the windows down. We had a nice visit and lunch down on the riverfront in Hermann with our friends. My car ran like a champ.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Old November 6th, 2020, 10:14 PM

Greg, that is something with your buddy's injuries. Hope he gets on the mend soon. Norm, cool association with Casper. Chris, nice pics from your trip. Well, I get into work today, and three people in the plant that I work in are off for Covid. Two of them work in my department, one on my shift. My department is climate controlled and separated from the rest of the plant with doors. High humidity and temps usually between 75° & 79° for the wax resins that we use. As a result, everyone has a floor fan, one or more depending on their work area, about 45 total, in a room that is approximately 100'x150'. I mention this because neither the company nor the union will tell us if they tested positive or not, but instead asked the three people to make a list of everyone that the talked to for at least 15 minutes w/o their mask on. With all of the fans blowing all of that air around, they, for some reason don't think that the rest of us need to be concerned. The rule was, if you came in contact with anyone with the Covid, you were supposed to self quarantine for 14 days. Apparently when there's money to lose without any workers, that rule doesn't apply. It is particularly annoying, because the one who works on my shift, moves throughout the department, working amongst everyone there in order to do her job. I am not a happy camper.
Old November 7th, 2020, 03:58 AM
Running On Empty

Another gorgeous day today - clear skies, wind 6 mph, 73°F. Tee-time @ 9:29AM.
Chris - nice pictures. Albion College. I know where Albion is located. We're probably related - I have cousins in *******/Grayling area.
Dan, 45 fans blowing SARS-CoV-2 through an enclosed 100'x150' area is not what you want to hear. Ugh!
Greg - Glad they found the surgical issue w/ your friend. Yes, that could have turned ugly.
James - If this election lasts any longer, I'm calling my doctor.

Let's all talk about Mike since he's not here.
Old November 7th, 2020, 04:13 AM
Running On Empty

I beg to differ. This is exactly how lies and rumors get started.

Old November 7th, 2020, 04:57 AM

I've been punching in 2020 Election Results on my phone when I am out and about the last couple days. I guess if I punched in 2020 Erection Results I would get a different response!!! Not sure I would want to know those results!!
Old November 7th, 2020, 09:57 AM

We have a Vietnamese co worker in his 50's, who still has a strong accent. Anytime time that there is an election of any kind, we ask him if he voted in the "erection". He gets it, and grins every time.
Old November 7th, 2020, 11:09 AM
Running On Empty

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
we have a vietnamese co worker in his 50's, who still has a strong accent. Anytime time that there is an election of any kind, we ask him if he voted in the "erection". He gets it, and grins every time.