The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2015, 06:31 PM
Always room for one more

No Allan the Saturn interior has been surprisingly tight. Now, I don't know if there was a rattle before February 23, 2007 and my friend had it taken care of.

Maybe you could take the front seat out and that would give you a little more room. When I have to work under the dash I usually am upside down with my head on the floor and my feet over the backrest of the front seat.
Old June 20th, 2015, 03:45 AM

Morning all, off to Homecoming....Werm!
Old June 20th, 2015, 04:43 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Beautiful day shaping up. Gonna be hot! I love these people who are complaining about how hot it is. Have they forgotten it wasn't all that long ago that they were complaining how cold it was?

Dan have fun at the Homecoming.

I'm off to the Awful house. Then stickers on all the license plates. Then convertible. Have a good day everyone.
Old June 20th, 2015, 04:49 AM

Still hot an water'in my maters
Old June 20th, 2015, 04:51 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin

Rain only Lasted a few hours Last night but It's better than nothing. Forecast is for some more today but the sky right now says they're wrong.

Anyone notice the price of propane has not gone down in spite of the market analysts saying it's so chap now it could be given away and still make money?

Mike, I detailed the Saturn yesterday and it looks almost like it came off the showroom floor. The steering column is only two 13 mm bolts but I have to take the lower valence off to get to them. Not hard. The only PITA is the right side bolt is under the steering column harness. Other than that rattle this Saturn is tight also. Like Clint suggested I could just turn up the radio but I don't like squeaks and rattles. I can get in there without taking the seat out. I do wish the seat track was longer so the seat would go back further though.

Dan, enjoy the (possibly last) homecoming.

Ted, what grade of fuel does your thirsty 455 slurp?

Clint, keep her eyes open and don't step on mr. No shoulders! Either that or start wearing cowboy boots. Do they move fast? IDK because I stay the heck clear of places with those nasty things.

Time or koffee and the mawnin news.
Old June 20th, 2015, 08:36 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Mawnin All!

My morning turned into bad morning quick. Got up around the usual 6 am and it's hot. Not hot enough to be sweating yet but it was 82* in the house and 75* outside By the way, never brag on a 21 y/o compressor Yup you guessed it, bad compressor. Grounded. And of course being Saturday no HVAC parts houses are open. Zo I mosey down to the shop and yahoo the A/C from there.

And here I am after riding to the shop and back, unhooking the central A/C unti from the back of the shop, swapping the two out and checking the charge on it. Well at least we are cool and it's Father's Day weekend. My two Savanniyian daughters are coming today so I am done. Well maybe except to grill some steaks and consume adult beverages

Sorry about the bobcat lesson today folks, it has been postponed. Al you make some strong points there brother But I'll leave you with this. This is for those that wanted to learn or study about wild animals today.

And here we have a wild bus, drinking water from a river.

cfBmDFt.jpg

Have a Happy Father's Day weekend y'all
Old June 20th, 2015, 11:26 AM
Always room for one more

It's break time a little early. A big thunderstorm came out of nowhere and the dogs went nuts, and I had to hurry and clean up outside so I didn't get drenched.

So this morning when it was nice, I was getting ready to work on the convertible, and the dogs thought I grabbed the keys to their van. They were relentless thinking they were going somewhere. So I thought, we could go for a ride. We went over to the shop, and I told them they could get out and run around if they stayed close to me. They did very well and didn't get too far away, and would come when I called them. I was pleased, I thought they'd be a handful and run all around where they weren't supposed to. So we can go again.

The carpeting in the convertible is perpetually wet. I figured the windows didn't seal just right and would try to keep things as dry as I could. So today I'm washing the car, being careful not to get water on the tops of the windows, and I look in the front window and here's this waterfall coming in from the header. I don't even know how it is making all those turns but it was just pouring in. So I guess I'll dig out the assembly manual and see if it shows how to adjust the top. And the windows. As for the carpet, I think I'm going to take it out for now, but I see that whoever put it in used some heavy mastic to glue it to the floor. That should be fun.

Scot is that the bus in its natural habitat?

And now the rain has stopped. If the dogs will settle down I can go back outside and do some more stuff. If not, eh, I'll sit here and look at the internet. Either way...
Old June 20th, 2015, 06:13 PM

Morning all, nice day out but it's just one of those days where motivation is no where to be seen

The deal is if you have my winters the you get the summer to go with it Yesterday we got to a high of 28 deg and we are nearly a month into winter here

Enjoy the homecoming Dan. We have a formal over here, same sort of principal but your proms look so much more fun.

Hope you get a good crop of taters this year Jamesbo.

Allan, just because the market price goes down doesn't mean what we pay will, just more profit for the greedy companies but don't tell them that they wouldn't understand how the real world works

Lets see if I can find some of that motivation that seems to be so elusive, take care ya'll

Adrian
Old June 20th, 2015, 07:01 PM

Hey guys,tell me if you can open view the pics with this url. https://accounts.google.com/ServiceL...p&passive=true
Old June 20th, 2015, 07:17 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan - Nope. I need a password.

EDIT: I just used my gmail password and it says the page is not found
Old June 20th, 2015, 07:19 PM
Just an Olds Guy

I'm guessing you have a ton of pics from homecoming that you want to share on a web host?
Old June 20th, 2015, 07:24 PM

For some reason, even with the "Limited anyone with link" option, Picasa will not allow anyone to open the URL, did not use to be this way, but I could copy the link from the address bar and it would work that way, well I did it earlier and the resolution sucks when viewed here, but not when I view them in either Picasa or Windows in my pictures.
Old June 20th, 2015, 07:24 PM
Always room for one more

Hey Dan hope the show was a good one. The link says, This page cannot be found.

Got quite a bit of rain today and also the power was out for about 3 hours. Seems every time it rains now the power goes out. It did clear up and turned into a nice evening.

Gonna clean up in the kitchen a little bit and then hit the sack. Tomorrow is the longest day of the year, I'm looking forward to it.
Old June 20th, 2015, 08:31 PM

I posted the link in another thread: "Homecoming second attempt", resolution still sucks when viewed here, I'm baffled, I downloaded the pics form my memory card @ 2048 pixels, did not improve the quality, gotta be something with how Picasa hosts the pics.
Old June 21st, 2015, 04:32 AM
Always room for one more

Happy Fathers Day everyone.

Looks like a nice day shaping up. Don't know what I want to do today. First up, though, Awful house.

Have a great day everyone.
Old June 21st, 2015, 06:38 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin all

The twenty oneth of Hune. Fathers Day and the first day of summer. Have a good one all the Dads out there. Carpe Diem.

Adrian, you call 28 winter? That's the forecast high for the rest of the week here. Gee, I guess we have perpetual winter here

Jim, betcha you got maters already ta eat. Mine are just forming. You ever try fried green maters?

Clint, great pic of Tori! Yer little girl is all growed up. She got any suitors dangling? Prolly more than one I'm guessing cause she's a very pretty young woman.

Jim/John, you guys galavantin in de mountains or just hunkered down watching the Open?

Dan, I'll have to track down your other thread and have a boo.

Ted, how's the cruise weekend? We did get some more free water, but it's really isolated. How's the crop doing? Is it produced yet?

Koffeetime. I think I'll be different today and grill some brats, fry some cackleberries and burn some toast to go with the mawnin slurp. If you're nearby drop in an partake. If I run short I got plenty o sowbelly I can whomp up too.

Enjoy your day of the Sun.
Old June 21st, 2015, 07:48 AM

"You ever try fried green maters?"

Did Rose Kennedy own a black dress?
Old June 21st, 2015, 09:53 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I dunno, does de Pope speak Spanish or wear white undies?
Old June 21st, 2015, 05:44 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

happy Fathers Day!

Mike, did the floor in the 56 with eastern white cedar that my son and I cut from our bush last year.

Allan, the 455s are both slurping 92. Our corn is knee high and I have about 25 acres of hay to cut. Glad a little moisture is out your way!

I took one of my workshops and turned it into a place for Olds only!I may have to add to it

Took in a show today with family...good times and some nice local rides were out and about.

Last edited by sammy; June 21st, 2015 at 06:01 PM. Reason: missing pictures
Old June 22nd, 2015, 04:16 AM

Til Monday GTG
Old June 22nd, 2015, 04:25 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Monday Mawnin All

Looking great Ted

Had a great Father's Day and I hope everyone else did too.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 04:49 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Scot, back at cha and all the Dad's out there.

Jamesbo happy smackin. FYI, I had Cheese Grits on Sat. night with BBQ shrimp and it was fabulous(Altho my Cholesterol level had to of gone thru the roof.)

Ted, That looks like an odd extension on the bottom of that garage door. Is it hinged?

Allan, Thank you. She's done good, but like most of us did she went too far and paid for it over night and the next day. She recently has had a couple of dates with a young man Finally someone a little older than her that kind of has a direction in his life. But nothing serious yet.

Dan, I too can't open the page.

Have a Monday all.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 06:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Felt good to sleep in for a change. Don't know why the dogs wanted to but I didn't complain. Didn't do squat yesterday but was so tired. Had a great time, though.

Was gonna pass on the Awful house today but I need to go out anyway so I'll stop in. Gonna spend the day working on the convertible so it's presentable for the Summit cruise in tonight. One big problem it has is there's little fluid in the motor, and the published way of filling it doesn't work. I think I can take one of the small lines off and add fluid that way. The top goes down fine but won't come up.

Ted what is the raised part of the back, covering a tool box? Looks good. Beachy.

I've got the bug again. Currently waiting on some pictures of an Imperial and waiting out a guy who can't get his Wagoneer running but still wants top money for it. I have a feeling neither of these will pan out but we'll see.

Okay have a good Monday everyone.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 08:14 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin all

Woke up at 5:30 to the sound of boomers and rain so I went back to sleep. Yawn... Late start. Spode be spotty rain and t storms today and tomorrow. That's fine tho.

Clint, everyone falls off their wagon once in a while but so long as they can find the wagon and climb back on alls good. I hear ya on the cholesterol, I work extremely hard to keep it and triglycerides where they need to be. It's a complete lifestyle change to do it though. I know you'll be ok. Here's hoping Tori found the right one this time. Have you met him yet? I think that trim on teds door is ornamental. Looks like it's a flip up door instead of roll up..

Mike, have fun with the Bert today. Hope your top cylinder reservoir fills ok.

Ted, I have a piece of plywood under the Saturn so I know what that means under the 70. I thought that 455 just got rebuilt when the car was done? Nice stable!

Saw a pic of Sandy yesterday with Nicole. Anyone hear from her? The last FB entry I saw was May 25 but that was public view as I'm not on her friends list. Hopefully she's doing better than that pic shows.

Jim, wutchu think of de open dis year?

Later alligators.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 09:16 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Hehe, I knew I should have removed that plywood before I took the pic. Thanks for the compliment.

The black car has a rebuilt 455....the silver cars 455 has not been touched since coming from the West. I put plywood down to reduce the condensation under the car. I also have a fan circulating air 24/7. Good eye Allan

Clint, no it is not hinged...my grandpa put L brackets on the bottom to hold the lower board.I restored the door a few years back....it was handmade in the early 40's and is a much better door compared to the ones that are available today.

Mike, that is the gas tank...great place to sit and flex my muscles...haha

Last edited by sammy; June 22nd, 2015 at 09:23 AM.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 10:54 AM

Hey Mike, I saw your post on the Homecoming pic thread, It was slow getting around, but I really didn't have any problems until the middle of Saturday night when I woke a couple of times to some throbbing pain in my foot. I just changed positions and made sure that it was elevated. I put ice pack on it for about an hour earlier, so that probably helped.
Old June 22nd, 2015, 02:38 PM

So we had a storm come through, dumping an Arks full of rain on the area, care to guess who left their car windows down?
Old June 22nd, 2015, 07:32 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Just got back from Summit. Got the convertible cleaned up and went to meet up with a guy and he didn't show. Eh, a few nice looking cars. I parked in the middle of the lot with no one around, and here come a couple guys in a pimped-out Chevy lowrider park right next to me. Shhh Shhh the car goes up and down and all these people flock over to see it and are rubbing against my car, leaning on it, I walked over and picked up a flier that was in the back seat and the people just looked at me. Like they were mad that I had the audacity to not want them to lean against my car. After that they sort of stayed away, but I stuck around to make sure. No wonder I don't take my car out very often.

Went to fill it up. Non-ethanol 87 octane was 34 cents more than regular 87 octane. And since my car is high compression, it pings. I'll get some additive and hope that helps. I can tell you, you just can't beat a warm evening with the top down. What a delight to drive that car, very smooth and the trans shifts nice. The timing needs to be cut back a little.

Dan my favorite trick is to leave the top down and go inside, and then it rains and I don't know it. Glad I have vinyl seats.

Gonna stay up late so I can sleep in tomorrow. Gotta work. This weekend went so fast. Sleep tight everyone.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 04:46 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Hope everyone has a Tuesday.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 05:03 AM

Mawn'in all

Hotter dan a blistered ................in a pepper patch.

Allan, If ya watch alot of golf you will notice no matter what the open is the one de gripe about de most every years. Too dis or dat. I kinda like watch de good players play of crummy conditions jes like half de world does on public courses. Makes de more human IMHO

Clint, I've posted dis a few hundred times an axed Mike to try it when he goes to de red neck riviera. Dis is de best I've ever had

http://www.pensacolacelebritychefs.c...ts-a-ya-ya.php

Mike, I think ya need one of dem Imperial Executive models whar de death seat turns 180 degrees, de table folds up and there's a lamp. Dat way you could take your pups to dine wit you at de Aweful House

GTG do my rain dance

Scot, Good luck it looks like you're in fer a scorcher
Old June 23rd, 2015, 07:15 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Mawnin all

Cut paste beautimus day.

Jim, I don't watch much golf but I getcha. I'm watering too. Put de sprayer on mist from time to time and enjoy some cold water too. Dunno why I bought clubs cause I don't use em.

Ted, yup that plywood I put down is for 'condensation' too. Mostly the petroleum based stuff

John, whar is ya?
Old June 23rd, 2015, 08:29 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Went to bed really late, slept in, now I have time to get something done before work. The dogs didn't even want their breakfast this morning.

Clint don't talk so much.

Jamesbo I've seen those cars. I believe that was a '68 only car. I'm looking at a 62, the one with the gunsight tail lights and the pod headlights.

It's the Corvair convention this week in Knoxville. Wouldn't you know I have to work the days of the most goings on. What I always find funny are all the cars that are for sale after a convention. It's usually the ones that don't score well in the concours.

Okay have a good day everyone.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 02:58 PM
Always room for one more

Hi again.

Spent a quiet afternoon going through things on my desk. Until just now when I went out with the dogs. It's hotter than blazes out there! And the only car I have to drive with working air conditioning isn't home. Eh, it will cool off by morning.

Just thinking out loud, is there an easy way to put disk brakes on the back of a Cutlass? I thought it would be nice to have them on the convertible.

Headed to work. No idea what's in store, though I know it will involve airplanes. Have a good evening everyone.
Old June 23rd, 2015, 04:47 PM

Well Mike, the easy way would be to take it to a brake shop that you trust, and hand them a blank check. They do make brake kite for the "A" bodies, but I am not sure of the price, if you can find a shop in your area that has experience with installing kits, that may be the way to go. A few years ago (3-4) my buddy had his front drums on his '68 442 converted to disc, seems that it ran about $800.00
Old June 24th, 2015, 04:31 AM
CQR

Mornin all,

Mike Sorry, was hurryin to get a craptastic day started. The bolt on kits are probably the easiest way of going. Make sure replacement parts (Pads, Caliper kits, etc) are easy to get. some kits I've seen use some odd parts that may give you trouble in locating.

Jamesbo, I bookmarked that page. One of these days I'll make those and see if I can convert my wife and kid into the ways of the south.

Allan, Are you getting any moisture up there? We got about a tenth last night. Big heavy drops.

The missus got up at 1:22 this mornin again. How did I know, you ask? Well because I was laying there awake when the alarm went off. So I think its time to start another day just like yesterday.

Have a Better Wednesday than I'm gonna have.
Old June 24th, 2015, 05:47 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Humpty Mawnin All

Yup it's gonna be hotter than a $2 pistol They are calling for a 40% chance of Elsie and her percussion band, so I guess it'll be a welcome sight over the 105* heat indices.

Mike why would you want disc brakes on the back? Your front brakes account for 80% of the stopping power and I usually change the front pads 3-4 times before I need shoes for the back.

Clint hopefully you can have a better day brother

Dan I hate it when that happens More times than not, it's the kids or the better half that leaves the windows down I am in the habit of clicking all the window buttons before turning the car off and more times than not it is I that locks the keys in the cars All my vehicles except the '35 and the '67 have electric windows including the '72 CS

Jamesbo I have got to try that Ya-Ya Shrimphood stuff My problem would be to try and keep it wram so when I get seconds, it ain't cold or burnt. Guess I need one of these???

Old June 24th, 2015, 05:53 AM

Mawn'in all

Still hot an we desperately need some rain

Clint/Scot What makes it soooooo good is de mixture of the earthly flavors of de Smoked gouda, de mushrooms an de spinach

Today is one of those days I'm not gonna say nutt'in 'bout nutt'in to no body

I'm sign'in off FB de hate spews in too many directions fer me.

I stay out of politics cause it makes me wanta pitch my cookies but jes read'in de stuff now is mak'in me literally sick

So Glad to have my Olds friends to jes with
Old June 24th, 2015, 07:01 AM
Just an Olds Guy

MaWnin all

Bluebird and warmish day shapin up.

Clint, scattered at best. Some parts are getting it good but dry as a popcorn fart locally. Love Tori's want ad. Can't get much more honest and explicit job description that that!

AC guys coming back today. They wired it wrong because it works when turned off, on heat, and when the circulation forced air switch for the furnace is on. Hopefully somethIng easy like some crossed wires? Scot will know but it's under warranty so I don't have to touch it. It's not the AC itself, it's the way it's wired. An here I thought it was a perfecto install.....

Jim, dats jes de nature of unregulated social media. Sometimes flick in the switch off works, but doesn't make the problem go away.
Old June 24th, 2015, 07:05 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Yup sounds like a rookie wiring job or possibly the wrong configuration at the stat
Old June 24th, 2015, 08:05 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Scot,
Fixed. Not the stat at all. It was the wiring at the relay for the blower motor. It was calling for AC in all modes. Took the tech all of 5 minutes to verify and fix. Charged out .5 (prolly flat rate) for the repair. It's all good now. He said the way it was wired was wrong from day one so the Trane installer (Dyand Mechanical) screwed up when the house was built. Oh yeah, it's a Trane furnace too.