The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 2nd, 2014, 09:14 AM
Captain Starfire

Another tepid Tuesday

Mernin', all.... Nuttin' earth shakin' today.

Clint, that shop looks borderline spectacular, IMHO. Very nice job. Kinda' reminds me of the Alamo at Christmastime.

Ordered and got an off-brand A/C blower switch for the GS from Rock just fer kicks & grins, and I got the kicks part (in the ****), but no grins. Bears little resemblance to a GM part. Sendin' it right back, even if it's not worth my time to do so. It's just a matter of principle. (I ordinarily love ordering thru them.... however, this was a test for old-car parts, and they failed. it would look completely different in the dash, assuming it will even fit.

Jamesbo, those Dirty Birds kicked butt on Sunday! The showdown at end of season b/w them and the Black & Gold might actually be a good game...

This is Joel week in N.O., Sandy. He's been all over the news and TV in general down here. I think it will be SRO on Friday at the "Mini Dome."

Mike, hope all's well and that you don't miss TOO many Awful House appointments on your days off.

Have a great Tiu's Day, Oldsmofriends.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:24 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Slept good this morning, with minimal interruptions by the helpers. One of two tonight. Somehow I ended up with three holidays that I didn't take over the year, so I'm taking them this month, one each week.

Sandy I watched Joel Osteen last night. My stars he's a dynamic speaker. Didn't get all excited in his tone, but his enthusiasm is awesome. I can't imagine talking non-stop for thirty minutes on a specific topic. I'm not one for that type of show, but I was glued to the TV I can tell you that.

John the Awful house will survive! Sometimes I'm just not feeling it. Went to breakfast/lunch with my neighbor around 11, so I didn't go hungry. Really, there's no chance of that anyway.

Clint after renting for 20 years you probably do own it. Though I know most businesses never own their places. Looks nice all lit up.

Guess I'll go do something until it's time for work. Beautiful day out. Almost hit 70 yesterday. See you's later.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 10:36 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
Beautiful day out. Almost hit 70 yesterday. See you's later.
Now dat's jess not fair. You should come for a visit to the land of ice and snow. Then you'd appreciate even 40° . Right now it's sunny and a beautiful clear day. Outside is a balmy 14F with no wind. T shirt weather for sure. Might have to wear sandals instead of boots to show up the penguins and polar bears.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 11:53 AM
Always room for one more

Allan you forget that I grew up in the land of ice and snow. It would get so cold in the winter that the weather report on the news would warn people to not go out wearing contact lenses. They'd freeze to your eyes. It would be so cold over night that I'd go out around 2am and start the cars and let them run for an hour or so, so they'd start in the morning when we had to go to work/school. Hm, maybe that's why I'm not so bothered about the dogs waking me up during the day when I'm sleeping.

I miss being up there but I don't see me ever going back to live. My last winter there was a killer. Arctic cold temps, feet of snow, I could barely walk most of the time from shoveling, couldn't get warm(well until I got into the 100* bed), man I felt like I was 80. I was 29.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 08:35 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Cold day here today. Dark and drizzly. It didn't get out of the 20's. I forget what the sun looks like already.

Had a nice warm weekend though. No sun, but it was warm! Windy too on Sunday. Got the yard decorated. I didn't bring down everything. Getting too old, lol. My Summit lights are nice. Very well made. They take 4 D batteries and have an automatic timer. They're on for 6 hrs. and off for 18. I like them.

Clint... your shop looks nice! Larry didn't put lights on the house this year. Wish he would, I like them.

Mike... glad to hear you watched Joel! Isn't he awesome? I have 10 shows recorded that I need to watch, but I've just been listening to him on the radio. I take my radio in Tincanio too, so I can listen going to work and coming home. He just lifts my spirits!!

John.... I wish I could be there and see Joel! I would so love that.

Well Nicole got a job!!! She called me yesterday as she was driving home from her working interview. I am so happy for her! Now if she and Jon would just stop arguing.... She said she stopped in last Saturday at this place to drop off a resume, and the lady was so impressed with her letter of recommendation from doc, that she interviewed her right away and had her come in yesterday. She said the lady was going to give her $10 an hour, but thought she should have more given her experience so she get's $11! That's pretty good. She doesn't know her hours yet. She starts tomorrow. It's a vet hospital with 4 doctors. I told her don't be nervous, don't be afraid of making mistakes. She'll catch on. I guess she'll be doing reception work along with helping with the animals. I don't know yet. But I'm happy for her! I've been praying God would direct her to the place he had in mind for her.

Our owner and his son comes in tomorrow. Steve will pick them up at the airport 2ish, he said, and they'll probably come to the office for a while. I have to find something to make me look busy! I hope the phone rings.... it's been really slow. I'm going to give him Marc's resume, since we're supposed to hire a sales person. Can't hurt!! I'm not saying anything to Steve or them either. I guess we'll go to dinner from the office, so I can't eat much lunch or I won't be hungry!

I'm going to stop using this Symbicort inhaler. I clear my throat all the time, and nothing is in it! It's annoying as all get out! My throat actually hurts from clearing it all the time. It has to be the inhaler. I never had this problem before I started using it. I'll tell the lung doc next week when I see him. I'll be talking and all of a sudden it feels like my throat is full of crap and my voice gets hoarse sounding and breaks. It's awful!

Still haven't heard from the surgeon. I'm going to have to call....

Well I better get to bed, you all have a good night.

Last edited by cutlassgal; December 2nd, 2014 at 08:37 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 09:28 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Yesterday was in the 60's and sunny, decided to play hooky from work. Unfortunately though I spent most of the day raking leaves. Better to do it when it's nice out I guess.

I did find some time to work on one of the cars.

My Chrysler 300 rims corroded around the edges and I decided to replace them. Didn't really care for them anyway, they were the type that are made of aluminum and have a plastic cover fixed to them. Kind of cheap looking. So I did some research and went with a newer factory rim. They are aluminum and are black powdercoated between the spokes. What do y'all think of them?

Attachment 161141

Tomorrow I hope to get up the Christmas decorations if the weather will be agreeable.

Have a good night all.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 09:39 PM

Darrell, the wheels look pretty good.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 04:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell, the rims look good. Maybe use them for summer and the stockers in the winter? Wound here the MgCl2 eats up the aluminum as well.

Sandy, Lynette rinses real well after taking her advair. Maybe that would help? Just a thought. Glad to hear Nicole got in with a clinic. Tori is busy busy with euthanasias. She was told its real popular for people to put their pets down before family visits for the holiday Sorry, But I think I'd rather have my pet than company.

Mike you make it sound real good down there. But then I remember it does get to be summer down there. And I do like my summers better than yours.

Mike/Allan. The rent is very cheap and it's part of the lease that I take care of maintenance and upkeep on the building and property. But it's also usually only a recurring 2-3year lease so I'm not going to dump a large amount of money into the place either.

John, I feel your pain. Aftermarket doesn't offer a blower switch for Brit anymore either. Hers still works, but it's pretty sloppy. Thanks for the kind words on the building. It's not much, but it does tend to make me look a little less scrooge'ee. (I'm still pretty bah humbug tho. so it;s just an image thing)

Jamesbo, The EPA shut down the station across the street . (I worked there when I was 16) They found used oil leaching into the creek. the waste oil tank was under the building and I always wondered why I never saw anyone come and pump it out . Anyhow the building sat vacant for 10 years or so and finally someone bought it. They dug a hole and the smell was awful all over town. They pulled out a rusted old empty tank. the EPA guy looked at the hole while plugging his nose and said ok fill the hole back up. Never removed any of the contaminated dirt. but luckily for all of us that rusty piece of metal isn't under there anymore. Morons.

Well have a humpday all.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 05:19 AM

Mawn'in all

Anutter nice day down ere.

Nice wheels Darrel

Well It's Wednesay so I'm off to practice curling. Not reallly

I'm jes sitting ere try'in to figger out what to do next

John, Don't know if ya saw whar de new stadium fer de dirty birds had a "slight" cost over run 1.4 billion. Surprise, surprise. Sorry, But I'm fix'in to despise de cost of pro sports and their idiot players dat beat up woman in elevators, dog fight etc etc

Now back to dis curling stuff.

Alllan, Please tell me ya ain't got no over paid pro curling players which [on a regular basis] do stupid stuff an kill their team mates in their new Ferraris

End of rant

Have a great day Olds friends.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 07:42 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Beautimus day shaping up here. Yesterday was an interesting day at practice. The ice crew had just burnt the ice on Monday so it was tricky finding draw weight. They also put in more curl on the center glide path than I thought was normal. Took a while to figure out. Afterwards the missus and I visited with my cousin and their newest addition. Good times.

Mike, where did ya grow up?

Dan, wheels look just fine. Tried sitting in one of those 300s but didn't like it.

Clint, if you improve the building too much the owner would like increase the cost of your lease? I remember that fan switch on our 67. Isn't there a set screw you can tightn when it starts to get sloppy? I'll keep my eyes open for a replacement if that would help.

Jim, no such thing as an overpaid curler. Speak of witch de Canada cup of curling is Jess starting! Dey got it in TSN an hired Ron Burgandy to hep wit de color commentaytin. Dint feel,like drivin down ta camrose so I'll watch today's draws on de tube. The field is chock full of champs. The draw I'm watching now is Brad Jacobs ( team Canada) vs Kevin Koe (Alberta champion).

Mebbe make sum koffee later, enjoy your day.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 09:14 AM
GM Enthusiast

Morning everyone. Rainy but around 50, if it stops, I'm going to try to hang the lights up outside.

Sandy - congrats on Nicole getting a job, that's great news!

Dan / Jamesbo - thanks!

Clint - at the moment, they will be my year round wheel, but I might go that route. I'm trying to sell the stockers now on Craigslist and Ebay. If they don't go, I might keep them and mount snow tires on them.

Allan - Not sure why you don't like the 300? For me, it's one of the few cars made today that I actually like. The seats are not hard like most cars, I like the looks(it does not look like an appliance) and the handling is good too. Also, with the Hemi in it, it's like a musclecar with 4 doors.

Enjoy the day, talk to y'all later.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 09:21 AM
GM Enthusiast

Clint - don't know how I missed it earlier but I like the picture of your shop! Wish I could have seen it when I was visiting. Have to save it for the next time I'm in town.

Allan - I love that Black Friday at Petsmart picture. I just sent it out to all the animal lovers I know.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 03:00 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice day here, mostly overcast but got up to 70. Clint I agree, summer is a bit much around here. I like hot, but the humidity has got to go.

Allan I'm from Illinois. Originally from Moline, grew up in Park Forest.

Darrell the 300 looks nice. Does it have a letter designation or did Chrysler drop it? When that car first came out they called it the 300M.

Sandy so glad Nicole got a job. Maybe that will ease things with Jon, too. I think I'd do pretty well working at a vet, except when the people came to get their dogs I wouldn't want to give them back.

Not much else. It's Friday. The lake hasn't come down yet so I wonder what the hold up is. I'd like to get started on the wall this weekend. March will be here before I know it and I need to get quite a bit done because I know it will be years before the lake comes down again.

Okay off to work. Hope Hump Day was good to everyone, have a good evening.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 05:44 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slantflat

Darrell the 300 looks nice. Does it have a letter designation or did Chrysler drop it? When that car first came out they called it the 300M.

Mike - Thanks. it's a 300C. All "C" cars are powered by the 5.7 Hemi. SRT8 models have the 6.1 Hemi.
Old December 4th, 2014, 03:16 AM
Captain Starfire

Quik worm-nibble

Mornin', all... Nudder muggy, almost-cool morning in the Swamp.

I like the new wheels, Darrell.

Allan, why don't you tell us all how you really feel about the 300?

Jamesbo, I sympathize with all your "sports" sentiments. The new stadium brings back bad memories of when LA was building the Superdome back in the '70s. The overruns were unbelievable. They shove it down the voters' throats, and the prices don't sound too, too unreasonable. But by the time it was finished, it was over twice the quoted price. (WAY more, if my memory serves correct.) As far as the athletes, it's like a barrel of apples; some are good as gold; others are rotten to the core. 'Nuf said in that dep't.

Sandy, we're pulling for Nicole. Not sure whether Jon is "THE" one, but I hope they can resolve their differences.

One of my H.S. classmates I see once every 10 years, who did pretty well financially over the years, has a boat he's taking about 7 of us out on today. (And I don't mean a dinghy!) We're crossing the lake, eating lunch, and returning. Just about the whole day. Hope the "seas" are calm.... (spose to be). Classmates tell me the boat made a cameo in NCIS: New Orleans recently.

Whelpt, y'all have a great day of Thor, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 4th, 2014 at 03:51 AM.
Old December 4th, 2014, 04:48 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

John, Watched a show last night that was filmed in the NOLA area. Out in the Bijou. I realized NO is ok but Id rather hang out outside of the city. We didn't get to do enough of that when we were there.

Darrell, Thanks. It'll still be here I would bet. What kind of MPG do you get out of the 5.7?

Mike You may need to hire some help. I think I need to hire someone too. Gonna get the back lot at the shop cleaned up. I have one HUGE cottonwood tree That makes a terrible mess.

Allan, No they wouldn't do that. but with such a short lease, I wouldn't want to drop $15K on a new roof and not have my lease renewed after 2 years. Never know if someone will buy the property or have someone like the EPA come in and condemn it.

Have a day all.
Old December 4th, 2014, 05:17 AM

m awn'in all

Anutter nice one today. May head to de mountains to get outa Dodge

Clint, round ere cotton woods will start to grow in the crack between the building and de asphalt, next thing ya know they're taller dan de buildings. One of de few trees I really hate

Got one puter down that won't let me search last week now won't let me on anything but google.

Have a great day Olds friends
Old December 4th, 2014, 06:47 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

So what if I don't like the 300? Everyone has their own preferences.

Nothing much new. Team Howrd and McEwen lead the pack on the men's side after 3 draws. Some of the games yesterday were lopsided blowout wins.

Clint, good to hear it all works out. How long do you figure to stay in that building if the roof is not in such good shape. Post a pic of your calendar girl for those of us who don't have that calendar?

Jim, sorry to hear bout de puter woes. Is it de puter or service provider?

John, enjoy your seafaring adventure and lunch date. You taking your missus with ya? Tell me more about your Avalon, I seriously considered one of those back in the 80's. Remember the song?

Gerry, where y'all lurking?

Well, didn't get the trash curbside in time for thr recycle dude. Gotta get the regular garbage out. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference. Only 1 bag and it's way too cold to cause any smell.

Koffee time, den curling awaits. Enjoy your day.
Old December 4th, 2014, 06:51 AM

Alllan, does you curl inside or outside.?
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:09 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Alllan, does you curl inside or outside.?
Yer kidding, right?

All curling is done inside now Jim, and the ice prep and monitoring/maintenance is very high tech. So is the equipment and skill development. Doesn't matter if it's Canada, USA a or Europe.
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Two days in a row I got home before 0530. The planets must be lined up. Got a little sleep and now I'm ready to go for the afternoon.

Clint I say all the time, I need to hire a 10 year old. When I was 10 I was the one who mowed the lawn, washed the car, cleaned out the gutters, took out the trash, etc.

Bon Voyage John, a cruise on a big lake sounds nice. Our lake is called a two beer lake. You're all the way around it before you finish two beers.

Nice out, a little overcast but fairly warm. Guess I'll do something productive. After lunch. Have a good day all.
Old December 4th, 2014, 10:51 AM

Allan, Ya gotta remember, you're the only person I ever met who curls. [or it is goes curling}Sorry, I'm so ignorant on de subject but, what I know on de subject wouldn't fill a thimble.

Mike, I often said I was gonna adopt a kid and let him mow grass, shine shoes and clean fish. When he got sixteen, say "You're on your own now"

Course wit my luck he'd probably be a drug dealer
Old December 4th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Sorry bout dat Jim. I kinda forget that's the case, prolly cause the sport is a big part of my winter life activity. Now if y'all were talkin B ball an such, I'd be kinda on the short end side too. I pay it as much attention as going shrimpin. Alls good. I'll put together a pop quiz fer ya sometimes on curling and see how everyone does, ok?
Old December 4th, 2014, 11:34 AM

Pop quiz?

Dat and word problems make my palms sweat

If Scot would get on ere we could talk about possum frisbies
Old December 4th, 2014, 06:21 PM
GM Enthusiast

Evening everyone. Sunny and cool here today around 45. Got up some of the Christmas lights, most of them I bought and used last year. Figured I would reuse them since they all still worked fine....or so I thought. Put them up and wouldn't you know it, some of them stopped working within an hour. So much for reusing them. I'll have to buy some new ones tomorrow.

Jamesbo- your right, haven't seen Scot on here in a while. Hope all is ok with him.

John - thanks! I wanted to give it a stock look, did not want it to be a pimpin ride. Hope you enjoyed your boat ride with your old friends. If you take a picture of the boat, please post it.

Clint- Usually I average @19-20 mpg. Depends on the mix of driving. If I'm just around town in a lot of traffic, about 16. If I'm on a straight highway run, it's about 24-25. We used to have a 6 cyl 300 before this one and barely got better numbers. The Hemi has MDS so it runs on 4 cyl whenever you're just cruising.

Have a good night all, Happy Friday.
Old December 4th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Finally had a little sun peek out this afternoon! I forgot how nice it is!! Temps in the 30's but no wind for a change. Just a pleasant afternoon.

We had a nice dinner with our owner, Art, last evening. His son Pat is real nice. Art will be 89 years old on Christmas day, you'd never know it to look at him! He talked mostly about business, didn't talk about Steve retiring or us hiring someone or anything. Steve stayed with them awhile when he took them back to the Hilton. Steve told us this morning that we got the OK to remodel and to hire someone. Brian was sooo excited he was emailing our slumlord first thing!! He really wants his own office, that's for sure.

I gave Marc's resume to Pat last night and asked him to give it to Art. So I imagine if Art has an interest, he'll talk to Steve, and we'll see. I know Brian won't want Marc to work there cause I'm sure he'll feel threatened by him! B
Clay was saying he isn't going to hold his breath for Steve to hire - Brian said we'll go 'by word of mouth or call a headhunter agency'. Now that doesn't make sense to me when Marc has more qualifications than is necessary. But I won't have a say in it...

Thanks for the congrats on Nicole's job! I just hope she sticks it out and doesn't get discouraged, as she likes to do. She's working 11 hour days, so I'm sure she's not happy with that! I'm trying not to text her too much asking questions, cause she gets annoyed with me, lol.

She's supposed to come back this weekend for the Christmas party with doc and her old group. Jon was invited too, but I don't know if he'll come. I have some news that they're not going to be happy with....

She got a letter yesterday from a collection agency - seems there is still $600.00 owed on that apartment her and Charlie had in Streetsboro! I thought he took care of all that. I messaged Charlie last night with a copy of that letter and asked if he had receipts or anything, in case this was a scam or something. He messaged me back that no, the amount is owed. He stopped paying on it last year after Nicole wouldn't give him back his TV, his Xbox, his Nintendo DS, etc... then he gave me a long explanation of what all he did for her and on and on. I think it's just best if she pays this off and it's done. So she is going to be mad!!

I'm going to go up early Saturday morning and take Lin grocery shopping. I have to get back for our Christmas dinner at 5:30 in Akron. I'll take her Christmas shopping next weekend. Larry wants to go see that Intersteller movie or whatever it's called on Sunday, so I can't take her then like I planned. It's a 3 hr. movie. I'm sure I'll be dozing!

I've been decorating more inside the house this week. Got home too late last night to do anything. I want to start baking cookies next week.

Clint... I didn't use the inhaler yesterday, and no clearing my throat! I didn't use it today either. I always rinse and gargle like I'm supposed to after I use it. I don't want thrush! I'm gonna tell the guy next week when I see him. So what did you think of the Dead finale?? I'm glad it was Beth and not Carol they killed off. I thought that Dawn would push her down the elevator shaft! I'm anxious to find out what Morgan is up to...

I'm watching one of the Joel's I have recorded. I ordered his new book for Jean and Linda for Christmas. They'll like it!

Darrell... your wheels look nice.

Well I'm gonna take my tired self to bed. Have a good night all!
Old December 5th, 2014, 01:18 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Very early good morning everyone

Yesterday afternoon I watched my curling idol Glenn Howard (winner of 4 Canada cup titles) get beat by Brad Jacobs (2014 Team Canada Olympic gold medal winners at Sochi). Still, Howard is 3-1 and Jacobs is 2-2. There'll be 3 more draws today to determine semi finalists. No page playoffs in the Canada Cup. It should be a nail biter today.

The plows got here around 4:00 pm and pushed windrows 2' high and 3' wide all along everyone's front drives. I know that if its not moved or cleared right away it sets up like concrete. The snowblower was out of fuel, so I walked to the 7/11 and bought a gallon. By the time I got home the windrows were already pretty solid. It took me and Richard over 3 hours to unblock the houses at the top of the cul de sac. Fortunately he has a blade on his Dodge Ram which we used to loosen the snow and re-pile it so the blowers could clear it off the street. I'm going to call the city and give them a blast because their plow operators are so thoughtless. Some wth a cardio or mobility problem would be totally screwed by what happened. My knees hurt really bad right now. Enough that they woke me up and can't get back to sleep. I don't figure this qualifies fer de werm.

Clint, thank you.

Mike, Illinois Huh? Not any colder there than up here bro!

John, how as the boat ride?

Jim, I don't want ya in a panic when de pop quizz comes around so I'll make it easy enuff fer even red dog. Heck, de supermodel might even get a few right.

De boy has been home sick as a dog the last 2 days. So I spend time with him and try to get him healthy. Not fun watchin him suffer, hope he's over it soon. Not sure if it's a cold or the flu. Crap, he just had to go throw up. GTG
Old December 5th, 2014, 01:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Well he dint make it to de terlot but did find the sink. Just got it unclogged and running again after making sure he was ok. Gonna be a long day I think.

Clint, I was curious and been meaning to ask. Did you get a new koffee brewer or are you still perking it with that percolator?

However yours turns out, enjoy your day. I'll wait for a few more hours to make koffee.
Old December 5th, 2014, 03:41 AM

I don't think folks get alot of sleep in de frozen norte
Old December 5th, 2014, 03:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

My missus would prove ya wrong. She won't be up till at least 10 am
Old December 5th, 2014, 04:12 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan, We bought a cuisinart 14 cup with a bold setting. That setting makes it take about as long as the old percolator. Might as well just shoot the caffeine in the veins. but it is good. I've already been in that shop longer than I expected. I'll stay in there until it falls down or until I just don't want to play anymore. Most likely be the latter, especially with whats going on the with wolf at the door. That situation I thought was going well, but found out yesterday its not. Seems they can change the rules of the game and not tell you but its still your fault.

Sandy, I really liked Beth. She was actually starting to grow and become more than just a pretty face. I would have ratherd it been Eugene or Abraham.

Darrell, Do the Dodges have similar issues as Chevy? The 5.3l with the dropping cylinders is having a heck of a time. They are losing camshafts left and right.

Mike, If you find a sale on 10 year olds, let me know. I have more than enough for them to do.

Jamesbo, I'm not a fan of cottonwoods either. Not only are they a mess most of the year, but I'm allergic to the seeds as well. Not to mention it's hard to rebuild anything that has ever come in contact with a petroleum product and keep it clean when there is 4" of cotton laying all over the shop floor.

Here you go Allan.

Attachment 161086
Old December 5th, 2014, 05:08 AM

Mist'in in de mountains.

Clint, I got once of dem too. I like de basket thingy dat doesn't use paper filters. FWIW don't let relative toss de sucker, de ain't giv'in replacements away.

Dang I like dat pic of Car Werks more better dan de Christmas lights. When de roof leaks must be kinda like a wet tee shirt party inside.

BTW you ain't got no area code on de front phone #

I hope Scot got de Ups job. If so he's busier dan a one arm paper hanger dis time of year
Old December 5th, 2014, 06:00 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Lazy morning this morning, I'll be late to the Awful house but I'll get to see a guy that comes in later than I'm usually there. He's an old Navy guy and tells the same stories over and over. I don't think he realizes it.

Allan I'm sorry the boy is feeling poorly. You too. Plenty of times I'd just get the driveway shoveled and here comes the plow, burying the end. I think the plow drivers get some sort of sick happiness out of that.

Clint that's a great picture. In fact it adorns my kitchen wall right now.

Jamesbo it's hard to believe but most places don't have the ridiculous rule that you have to dial the area code to call your next door neighbor.

Sandy is this your Marc you want to get a job there? Brian would be over the edge if you had an ally in the office and actually enjoyed being there.

I just noticed the two women across the lake have a stand pipe looking thing in their back yard, and smoke is coming out of it, like a landfill. Maybe they are burning off the poop from their 18 dogs. Hm, it looks really odd.

Okay gotta get things moving. Have a good day all, it's Friday!
Old December 5th, 2014, 07:36 AM
GM Enthusiast

Morning everyone. Have to take care of some non-work related things today. Had my passenger seat from my 85 Riv restitched as the original thread gave out when my wife put her knee on the seat. Leather is still good and soft so not sure why the thread gave out. Going to go pick it up right now.

Clint - did not know the 5.3 Chevy's w/cylinder deactivation were wiping out camshafts. I don't know of any issues with Chrysler's Hemi related to that.

The calendar looks great and I think you should incorporate Jamesbo's idea of a wet t-shirt contest in your shop! Will definitely bring in more customers.
Old December 5th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Captain Starfire

Cultural gap

'Nudder damp, mild, and overcast day in the swamp.

Boat ride exceeded all expectations, Mike & Allan. Thnx fer axin'. We crossed the lake and then cruised up the Tchefuncte (cha-funk'-tuh) River, which starts right east of Ponchatoula at Madisonville, and turned back around at I-12. (The boat doesn't clear the trestle.)

My old H.S. mate's boat is pretty amazing, as "personal" waterfraft go. It's a 43' Viking, on which you could lick the floors and probably get healthier. He has a full-time skipper-captain. I've never been aboard anything like that before in my life, and I (and the other 8 classmates) thoroughly enjoyed every minute, although the trip up across Lake Pontchartrain was very foggy. But it cleared when we hit Madisonville, and the lake was clear on the return trip.

I took a few movies and now have to try to figger out how to get it from the 10-y.0. movie camera onto da' 'puter. I've done it before, but it's been a few years, and with a different 'puter.

Allan, I'm ecstatic that you found a sport you love that you can play in the winter. But down here in coonassville, we do things like eat gumbo, make a roux, suck the heads, ride in Mardi Gras parades, and have king-cake parties. I hate to break it to you, my friend, but curling ain't one of dem things ;-) Like Jamesbo, you're the only person I've ever communicated with (that I know of) that curls.

Whelpt, y'all have a fab weekend~!

Originally Posted by Allan R
Sorry bout dat Jim. I kinda forget that's the case, prolly cause the sport is a big part of my winter life activity. Now if y'all were talkin B ball an such, I'd be kinda on the short end side too. I pay it as much attention as going shrimpin. Alls good. I'll put together a pop quiz fer ya sometimes on curling and see how everyone does, ok?
Old December 5th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Ok everyone - here it is. A simple brain teaser about curling.

Ok, the first thing is to set the ground rules. The only correct answer will relate to curling. Good Luck!

1. What is competitive Curling?
a) something your wife (or you on occasion) do to your hair or armpits
b) a sport played on a flat surface of ice with a team of 4 players and 8 rocks/team
c) an armchair sport involving the use of both hands and 2 cans of beer.

2. What is 'the house'?
a) the place where you reside
b) the place your ex took away when y'all divorced
c) the concentric rings at the end of each curling sheet used to score points.

3. What is the hack?
a) a deadbeat who is always bugging you for money or a handout
b) the rubber pads used to deliver a curling rock
c) it's a nasty cough that usually hits when you need to take a deep breath

4. What does 'hurry' mean?
a) you best git your buns in gear and git somewhere quickly
b) sweep the rock to straighten its glide path
c) it's a word that most wimmen have no concept of

5. What is 'takeout'?
a) food you order over the phone, whether you pick up in person or have it delivered.
b) what you try to do with a cute girl or guy, depending on your orientation
c) a curling rock thrown with high speed to forcefully remove one or more opponents rocks.

6. Who is the 'skip'?
a) the person who doesn't show up and doesn't tell anyone till it's too late
b) the person who owns a boat and is also referred to as skipper
c) the person in charge of managing a curling game strategy

7. What is a slider?
a) It's a small portion of food like a mini burger
b) It's a teflon or plastic bottom attached to the bottom of a shoe to make it glide on ice
c) I have no idea but I'm sure you'll tell me

8. Why do curlers turn the rock handle to make it spin?
a) Makes it look cool as it slides down the sheet
b) The direction of turn determines the direction the rock will go; much like steering a car
c) It's a rule, if you don't spin the rock - it's taken out of play.

9. What is T line?
a) it's the line that goes through the curling rings and separates upper from lower house.
b) it's a fancy new line of Lingerie created by the famous designer 'Mr T'
c) it's the name of the tramway going to downtown Washington

10. Why are you taking this quizz?
a) Huh?
b) I was just playin along and didn't realize......
c) To try and learn something about curling, but it's not working.
Old December 5th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Just an Olds Guy

I knew I'd seen that picture before!! I forgot to turn the page on the 'Jalopyz' 2014 Calendar!! Gotta say though I didn't really want to change the page from Lici, Sheilah, Kati or Tara... Brit's pic looks better in the Calendar; the pic doesn't show the bright red as well. She was also in April, but sort of not as noticeable in the faded lower portion of the calendar. Hee hee hee I hought it was appropriate for 'de model' to be exiting the back seat with a big smile on her face!
Originally Posted by CQR
Old December 5th, 2014, 11:58 AM

Well, de reason de ex has de house wasn't cause she was a "good housekeeper"

It's cause my hack from too many cigs made her not curl up with me , so I hurried to put a slider in a...............
Old December 6th, 2014, 06:38 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Rain. It looked like rain all day yesterday, and today it is here. Don't know for how long. I would have thought the car show at Summit would have been cancelled, but as they say, the show must go on.

John the boat ride sounds like fun. Glad there were eight of you and not seven. There's only one person I keep in touch with from high school, we talk on the phone but I don't see him very often. The number 258 sticks in my head for the number in my class.

What's everyone's thoughts on parking cars on gravel or rocks. I want to make some more parking at the shop, but I can't afford concrete. I was thinking gravel over a plastic liner. Sure keeping them inside would be optimal, but I don't have that much room.

Okay gonna get ready to go with my neighbor to the show. I'm guessing it won't take long, as people with high dollar rides don't usually take them out in the rain. We'll see. It is Toys For Tots, so who knows. Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old December 6th, 2014, 10:36 AM

Curling

1-b, 2-c, 3-b, 4-b, 5-c, 6-c,7-b, 8-b, 9-a, and10-d(other).

My in-laws were curlers, I freely admit to knowing just enough to be dangerous.