The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old December 6th, 2014, 12:05 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Here I is

What's this about frisbees Jamesbo Oh yeah the pop quiz...

Allan I flunked that one brother

Warm here and Elsie has arrived for the moment. I guess the weather is supposed to be "normal" by Monday. That's the good thing about living in Gawja, "If you don't like the weather, just hang around for a few days and it's sure to change." :-)

Yup got the UP job and it's seasonal, but you never know. So far I like it. I like it alot, but my legs and knees are finally telling on me. I have pulled some tendons in my knee or sprained my knee to the tune of tendonitis.

I've never had any problems with my legs or knees for that matter. The Wednesday before Thanksgiving worked all day as normal and by that evening I developed a limp. Thanksgiving morning, I couldn't walk or put weight on my left knee. Friday back to work, limping and pain. Saturday, no weekend work but the pain wasn't getting any better. Sunday, Hmm. I better go get this checked out. Med-Stop here we come.. Yeah

Three hours and double the "normal" copay later The nice lady doctor examines my knee briefly and says tendonitis. Ugh. So then she tells me it could be weeks or a month or two before it heals completely.

Anywho I have been hobbling along in much pain. I had to miss Tuesday and Wednesday of this past week due to it just hurting too bad to hobble/walk around the house much less up and down out of the truck and up and down driveways all day. Thankfully it seems to be on the mend albeit slow.

Darrell that 300 is sweet brother Very tastefully done. Kinda makes one think is Mopar trying to make the hemi the "new" sbc with as many as they are turning out. When the better half bought her new ride, we browsed the Dodge dealership. I asked the salesman if I could special order a new Dart with a hemi and Oldsmobile paint he said no. So she bought a new Accord. LOL

Y'all have a great weekend I gotta got squeeze some corn and prop this leg up
Old December 6th, 2014, 03:44 PM
CQR

Mornin all.

Scot. Hope the pins feel better soon. You never know when seasonal turns to all the time. Congrats.

Mike. I park on gravel every day. It's especially good for the leakers. Helps keep the weeds down.

Darrell, We had to do a cam in an avalanche at 53K miles and I have another customer who needed one in their Envoy at 118K.

Went on a hike today.We're kinda out of shape. About 1900 vertical feet. The dogs sure enjoyed it. It was good to get her(the missus) mind off of the travesty she's having to deal with. Here's the quaint little town of Morrison.
Attachment 161064

Have a weekend all.
Old December 6th, 2014, 04:22 PM
Just an Olds Guy

#f3nitn 3f3yon3!
Oops, got my fingers on the wrong keys...Evening everyone!

Purty quiet day here. Another bobcat came into the cul de sac today, did nothing and left. Must be on the city payroll.

Scot - Glad to hear you got the job, kinda wondered where you'd been all the time. Sorry to hear about the knee problems. Tendinitis is no stranger to me and I can appreciate what kind of pain you're going through. Hope it gets better sooner than later.

Clint - That's a spectacular view of the town. Maybe it's just the perspective but it almost seems small enough you could walk to work. I just 'drove' by your shop on Google maps! If you look right across the street from your shop using Google maps? There's 2 police officers with bikes watching the google car drive by. Is the pic from Red Rock park?

Gerry - you got it!

Mike - I don't think you need to put a plastic sheet under the rocks. Just lay down the road crush and level it. If weeds start growing? Just dose them with weed killer on a liberal scale. Only thing I don't like about parking or storing cars outside is exposure to the elements, but that's not the case right now. You mean to say you've filled that pole barn up to capacity already???

Looks like Val Sweeting vs. Rachel Homan tomorrow at 10:00 am local time. Prolly be a Homan win. Tonight is the semi finals with the mens side in about another hour or so. It's going to be a tight race to the finish.

Enjoy what's left of your day!
Old December 6th, 2014, 06:19 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Clint that's a nice picture. I can see you down in there. Oh. You took the picture.

Allan I was thinking if I left the cars for an extended amount of time, not just "parking." Also, there's a small building next to the hangar I thought I could put gravel in.

Scot I hope the tendons quit their howling soon. Is it common for the seasonal people to become permanent after the holidays? What powers the Buster Browns these days?

The Summit show was indeed going this morning, but there were only about 10 cars. Not much to write home about. We went into the store to see what was going on then left soon after. The sun came out this afternoon but doubt it was in time to coax others out.

Think I'll hit the sack early tonight. Nothing on TV and I got all my work done for the day. Hope everyone is having a good evening.
Old December 6th, 2014, 07:21 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Originally Posted by CQR
Scot. Hope the pins feel better soon. You never know when seasonal turns to all the time. Congrats.
Thanks Clint I need my wheel for sure. I feel like I have an edge on the possible regular hire, but this wheel is just slowing me down
Originally Posted by Allan R
Scot - Glad to hear you got the job, kinda wondered where you'd been all the time. Sorry to hear about the knee problems. Tendinitis is no stranger to me and I can appreciate what kind of pain you're going through. Hope it gets better sooner than later.
Yup been re-adjusting for sure. How long did it take to heal for you Al and how long ago were you affected? Thanks for the well wishes brother.
Originally Posted by slantflat

Scot I hope the tendons quit their howling soon. Is it common for the seasonal people to become permanent after the holidays? What powers the Buster Browns these days?
Thanks Mike I dunno, it seems they have a set amount of drivers, driver's helpers and loaders/sorters. The drivers get paid well, have great benefits as well as union protection so I believe they have to run you off with a shotgun when you retire. And that equates to rarely any openings for drivers except during this time of year. Not sure of the make of displacement but most of them here are diesels. Further research shows the ones I am in are probably the Cummings 6.7 liter.
Old December 7th, 2014, 01:54 AM

Curling

I seldom win anything!!!

Gerry
Old December 7th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Looks like it will be a nice day here. Wish it would dry up so I could do stuff in the yard.

Lake is still up. So we're a week late. And now they say it will come back up in February instead of March. Pretty soon they will say, oh it's such a short amount of time we just won't lower it at all. I need to get back on the board and knock some heads together. No, I need to move.

So Awful house and then I don't know what's going on. Guess I'll know when it happens.

Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old December 7th, 2014, 08:59 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Had a really good sleep and didn't wake till 09:00!

Spoda be quite mild here today with high near freezing. Rest of the week promises to be even better but I'll wait and see. Nicola boom boom has been wrong before.

Scot, the tendinitis in my wrist took almost 7 months to go away. The knee has its moments and seems to reoccur usually when I least want it. Previous time was in 2006 and it bounced back in about 3 weeks. This last bout it started in September when I was staining the fence. It's still a bit of a problem but is about 90% better now. It's not fast to recover either way you slice the pie.

Mike, you'll be fine storing them like that. Maybe you should go open the floodgates yourself one night.

Gerry, yeah I know that feeling too.

Jim, eyes shocked! Yew missed a day. Dere goze de perfect attendance rekerd. Yer puter actin up?

Well Sweeting vs. Homan starts in 5 minute so I guess I should prep my ears fer some high pitched screamin. Maybe some koffee an a bagel wit salmon flavored cream cheese. Yeah, dats the ticket.

Don't have a whole lot of hope for winning our curling game tonight, especially since I don't know who's going to be there except for me and George.

Enjoy your day.
Old December 7th, 2014, 12:35 PM

I banned myself

Not really, Got a sick friend I need to cart around fer a few days
Old December 7th, 2014, 07:04 PM
GM Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Here I is

Yup got the UP job and it's seasonal, but you never know. So far I like it. I like it alot, but my legs and knees are finally telling on me. I have pulled some tendons in my knee or sprained my knee to the tune of tendonitis.

Darrell that 300 is sweet brother Very tastefully done. Kinda makes one think is Mopar trying to make the hemi the "new" sbc with as many as they are turning out. When the better half bought her new ride, we browsed the Dodge dealership. I asked the salesman if I could special order a new Dart with a hemi and Oldsmobile paint he said no. So she bought a new Accord. LOL
Scot - congrats on the job! I just picked up two new lines to sell about a month ago, had that not happened, I was going to apply to them as well for a seasonal job.

Thanks for the comments on the 300. The hemi definitely makes the car a lot of fun to drive. We have the same engine in the Dodge Ram and it even makes the truck feel like a musclecar.

Sorry the wife made you buy an Accord.

Clint - I did not know that GM was having issues with the cylinder deactivation v-8's. Is there a TSB on it or any recalls that you know of?

Jamesbo - Glad you got to sleep in. I forgot what it's like to sleep until 9am. The little urchins usually jump on me by then.
Old December 8th, 2014, 03:48 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Darrell. I'm not aware of any recall's but there are many TSB's on the system. they have more than flat cams that are causing issues.

Jamesbo, Hope you're friend feels better soon.

Mike we're dryer than a popcorn ----. I'm not gonna say 'We need the Moisture', but next week doesn't look to be bringing us any. If this keeps this up we're gonna have a brown and drab xmas.

Scot hang in there. Maybe it will work out for you.

Gerry, Lately I seem to be winning more than my share of crap sandwiches.

Allan, From where the pic is taken it would be about a 20 minute walk.(not real easy terrain) but we actually live about 12 miles from work. So it would take a bit of time. That pic is from Mount Morrison just west of Red Rocks Park.

Well we went on a nice trail ride yesterday with the bikes. Can't really complain about riding in a long sleeve shirt a week into December. This week is spose to be highs around 60 and dry.

Hope everyone has a Monday.
Old December 8th, 2014, 04:48 AM

Mawn'in all

Thanks Clint, He's 87 and lives alone and sum times SHOULD NOT drive where he needs to go He drives to play bridge [compeditive] 4 X a week but long hauls are a differnt matter

Got sum traveling to do today

Scot, Hang in there pal, Jes remember, gett'in old ain't fer sissies
Old December 8th, 2014, 05:20 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Looks a little overcast but supposed to be nice. Lots of outside stuff to do if it's dry enough.

I forgot to park the black truck last night, I left it out on the street. Hope I have windows left. Being a school night maybe the degenerates will have stayed in. I wanted to go get the trailer and take another car to the shop, but I couldn't find my adapter for the trailer lights. I did find it right when it was getting dark. Instead I came home and started taking apart my parts car. I'm tired of seeing that thing sit around.

So the neighbor calls at 730 and wants me to take him to the mechanic to drop off his car for an alignment. At first he wanted me to stay with him while he waited and I said no way. So this way I get the opportunity to go this afternoon and pick it up. Eh, if I really minded I wouldn't do it.

Jamesbo that's nice that you can help your friend out. He's lucky to have you. My Grandmother drove until she was 82, and shouldn't have been driving on a good day. Finally one day her car wouldn't start when she was at Sears and that was the last straw. She said, I can't be worried about an old car stranding me when I'm out. Her friend Mabel still had a car so they rode in it.

Clint I must have missed what your wife's travesty was, but I hate that she's in one. With all the joy and happiness around Christmastime it tends to accentuate what's wrong in life. I hope you guys can find some joy amid the stress. If you're that close to Red Rocks, then I was real close to you the last time I was out. We went up there and walked around.

Allan they keep the drain valves locked inside chain link. It actually looks like the level has gone down a few inches, but it will have to go down quite a bit more for me to be able to do my work. It's hard when you have to depend on others sometimes.

Okay I hear the car revving up, I guess I should go. I told him 815 and I'm 5 minutes late. I'm surprised he hasn't called. Again.

Hope everyone has a good day. It's Monday.
Old December 8th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

I was wrong. Everyone showed up but I switched the lead and second which made a big difference. We won quite handily 10-3.

GTG driving the boy to college so he doesn't have to take de bus, then off to pick up a new multimeter. Have to check resistance on the oven temp sensor and my ol meter packed it in.

Enjoy your day
Old December 8th, 2014, 08:30 AM
GM Enthusiast

Morning everyone. Office work so far today but I need to finish up the Christmas lights outside before the deluge hits. Supposed to get 2-3 inches more of rain here tonight into tomorrow courtesy of a Nor'easter. Our normal yearly amount is 43" and we are already at 53" for the year. I wish I could send some your way Clint so your Christmas isn't brown and dry.

Jamesbo - hope your friend is feeling better soon. Tough to take the car away, losing one's freedom and all. My grandmother quit driving 4 years ago when she was 94. Still drove pretty good but she only did it on 30mph roads, no highway.

Have a good day all, talk to y'all later.
Old December 8th, 2014, 11:17 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Jes remember, gett'in old ain't fer sissies
Crap, I wish you'd told me that earlier. I wanna stay a sissie if I can. Den I don't has ta git older, jess wizer. On de udder hand I don't like de options for stoppin aging. Yung uns aren't immune to pain tho.

Mike - good luck with the flood gates. Don't you own bolt cutters?

Darrell - sounds like you guys are getting 'swamped'. I'll keep the snow because it doesn't amount to an extra instant 10" of water when it melts. Nice up here today - roads are turning into slop pits. Thank God I have 8 jugs of washer fluid.

Bought the new multimeter and brought it home. Unpacked and tested it. Didn't work. Dang! I did read the instructions that said it has "no serviceable parts" so I figured it was a dud. Took it back and the store says - You need batteries. Huh? I thought that no serviceable parts meant it had one of those lithium ion battery packs that lasts for 10+ years. Nope, it needs 2 AAA batteries. Seems to work just fine now. It's an auto ranging meter with audible so it'll help a lot. Ok, time to go take the oven sensor out and test it.
Old December 8th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Always room for one more

Well Allan at least you didn't tell them that it doesn't work in the O-F-F position. I do have bolt cutters but lo and behold the lake is down about a foot. I hope they let it go several more feet, so I can get out and pick up the trash that people throw out of their boats. I can't see it, but I can feel it.

Just got back from the Bark Park. This is the first time we went, and the dogs loved it. We were the only ones there. Once we got inside and I took their leashes off, they thought they were getting away with something. Since the back yard is still covered in tree stuff, it's nice that they could run around and a new place gives them something different to think about.

I hope I never have to "take" my Mom's license away. I doubt I have to worry about it. We laugh because her car has a thing that tells her average speed. It's 19.

Okay time for something to eat.
Old December 8th, 2014, 03:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Mike, I'm not totally retarded. Of course I knew it won't display in the OFF position. I'm familiar with multimeters, just my old one crapped out so I needed a new one. The old one was pretty clear about the battery compartment, this one is not and the compartment is very cleverly disguised so as to be invisible under the sticker they put over top of it. Lots of small print on that sticker that I can't read with the glasses I have now.

Anyhoo, You're not going to believe this.

First, I pulled the oven sensor and tested it. Specs say it's supposed to be 1090 ohms. It read 1087 on the first probe and 1092 on the second, so the sensor is good. The bake relay is good too, so the only thing it could be is one of the circuit boards. Now for the fun stuff.

Guess what LG doesn't sell to the public? If you guessed ..... service replacement parts? You'd be bang on. They can only be bought from a licensed LG technician who would be more than happy to charge 80.00 for the house call, 40 per 1/2 hr labor and parts + taxes of course. What a load of horse hockey. I can see that ending up being a 400+ bill quite easily. Keep in mind that what you pay in the US for parts? Add 70-80% more up here.

The CS rep said they have a flat rate plan that covers anything that needs to be replaced for 178.00 + taxes. That includes everything so I figured WTH. Might as well go for it because this stupid oven cost us 1800.00 and now that its off warranty it's bound to need ummm just about anything?

Logged into the LG web page to get the service appointment and it wouldn't help me. It kept saying it couldn't find references to my model and serial number even though the model is listed on the drop down box they provide. So I called their 800 number and was told to call back tomorrow because the 'billing office' was closed. Yer kidding right? Nope. Apparently they take the $$$ up front before they schedule a repair appointment. Want to bet that the earliest booking will be next week?

What a waste of a day trying to deal with everything.
Old December 8th, 2014, 06:40 PM
Always room for one more

Allan it's lore that a pilot wrote something up once that it didn't work in the O-F-F position but did work in the O-N position. So that's what we say to each other when we can't figure something out. It's a shame that stuff these days can't be worked on by the guy that owns it.

Went out a little while ago to Office Depot and saw my neighbor in the garage. He just picked up his Camaro from getting an alignment. Boy was he hot. They couldn't do the alignment because the steering box was too loose. For whatever reason they had the back wheels off and said the shoes needed changing. When driving home the pedal went to the floor. He gets home wants me to drive it, I said no way. But I did, and the brakes seemed fine. Then after about 6 or 7 pushes, the pedal goes to the floor. Bad master. He thinks the shop did something to it today, I told him they didn't. Hope he doesn't go back there and cause a ruckus.

Well work tomorrow, so I need to stay up late tonight. Got the stove cranked up and it's well on its way to 80 in here. Gonna be cold tonight. Hope that isn't the week's trend. Have a good night everyone.
Old December 9th, 2014, 01:58 AM

Got more runn'in round to do today, Den I can sit fer a spell

Clint/Sandy, If ya want a TWD zombie chita pet, let me know fore de run out. It's a hot Christmas item
Old December 9th, 2014, 04:17 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Jamesbo, I think I'm good. I did notice that Costco is selling Chia seeds as the new 'fix all' health food. Hopefully your buddy mends up quickly.

Allan, Thanks fer the warning. Now I know not to buy an LG. Sounds like its time to move the weber inside?

Sandy? Sannndy!?

Mike. The shop is full of it saying they can't align it because of a sloppy gearbox. That wont effect any of the alignment angles. The vehicle may wander or the steering wheel may not be straight , but the caster, camber and toe can be set with a loose box. The missus slept last night finally. They hired an atty yesterday to deal with the state. They (the state) is saying they should have been charging sales tax on agricultural items even tho no one does. It still ain't gonna be pretty but at least the lawyer can deal with him now.

Dad took off yesterday. He dropped off his dog yesterday said he needed to get out of town. How he used to like the holidays, but now it just hurts too much. Not sure what he's gonna do when he can't drive anymore. We sold his Aerostar yesterday. It's amazing that a vehicle with 2 dead cylinders can pass the dyno emissions test. Shows what a farce the whole program is. Unfortunately, we sold it to a friend. I'm sure that will come back to chomp down on my posterior. But hey, its for a pothead 16 year old and what do you expect. Try to find a 4wd that passes emissions for $500.

Have a day all.
Old December 9th, 2014, 07:02 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.

Can you believe it's only another two weeks till krimmitz? Haven't got all my shopping done, but that seems to be the norm every year.

Clint, hope she has a good sleep and it helps her a lot. Yeah, LG doesn't really commit to fulfilling that statement of "life's good". It should mean "limited guarantee". I don't know whether other manufacturers have similar policies or not. My little gas fired Coleman stove is looking better and better, and it's always reliable even being over 40 years old. When I opened up the back of the stove it had 3 circuit boards that looked more like a computer mother board with ribbon cables to other boards. Wires only to relays, elements and transformer. Oh, the tech sheet that I have? Doesn't have any reference values for testing the boards or cable connections either. Real PITA.

Mike, should go back with the neighbor to the shop and tell them they're w-r-o-n-g. Sorry, couldn't resist. BTW, are you suggesting that some of the flight crew may be a little on the dense side? Let us know after awful house. They should give you an attendance award or sumpin. Maybe you should get a freebie once a month?

Jim, hope y'all get some relax time.

Dan, John, Scot, Darrel, Gerry, Paul, Adrian? Wutchu guys up to?

Already had mornin koffee so it's time to book that appointment and pay de piper.

Enjoy your day.
Old December 9th, 2014, 07:39 AM
GM Enthusiast

Morning all. Raining hard here today with 30-40mph wind gusts. These nor'easters really make a mess but I try to look on the bright side, it could be all snow. I wouldn't mind some white stuff for Christmas but this would probably be 2 feet of snow if it was cold enough.

Got up the rest of the lights outside yesterday. Of course, it was 30, windy and snowing. Not fun to be up on a ladder doing that but the kids are all happy so that's the important thing.

Need to go out and visit some customers later today, think I should wear my rain boots because of all the flooding.

Mike - isn't it amazing that something always seems to go wrong after you visit an auto repair shop? Doesn't make sense that his master would go bad from getting an alignment done, but then again, why did they have his rear wheels off for a front end alignment?

Allan - sorry to hear about the LG appliance issue. That's terrible that they do not make the parts available for the public. I had to replace a circuit board in my 15 year old Frigidaire refrigerator last month and found the parts online. Not sure what each companies policies are towards parts?

Speaking of LG, we had an LG washer and dryer combo that I sold last year, it was about 4 years old. Every time the washer went on, it would make the water pipes in the house bang like hell. I called up the LG hotline and they told me it was normal for HE washing machines to do that. Well, I bought a set of Whirlpool front loaders and no more issues. So much for all HE machines doing that, right? Based on my experience and yours, I would not buy another LG appliance.

Clint - that's crazy that a 6 cylinder with 2 dead ones passes emissions in your state. Obviously the emissions machines you use aren't very picky, lol. So I guess the pothead wants the van to relive the scene from Fastimes At Ridgemont High when Spiccoli falls out the van with a huge cloud of smoke behind him?

Well, going to make some calls to my accounts and head on out. Have a great day everyone.
Old December 9th, 2014, 08:01 AM

Dan, John, Scot, Darrel, Gerry, Paul, Adrian? Wutchu guys up to
? Not much. I am here every day reading posts, just don't always have anything contribute, oh well.
Old December 9th, 2014, 08:34 AM

Why would hav'in anything to contribute matter?

Mike, Years ago 60 min did a story on what station were doing to cars [mostly snow birds on de way to Florida] on I-75 south/north.If de weren't broke when de went in [often jes fer gasoline] de were when de drove out. Kick backs were passing up and down de interstate from stations causing damage to cars dat would make it 2 more exits up.
Old December 9th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Captain Starfire

I B Here

Mite chili in da' swamp... but heatin' up quick. Been on a roll w/ the garage, so trying not to spend too much time at da' 'puter. Thanks for rattling the chain, Allan... My procrastination always oversees one day turning into two, turning into three, etc., etc., etc.... Some of yous guys (and gal?) might know how that goes.

Actually posted my first video to Youtube, the one I took on the boat last week. Wish I'd have gotten a few frames of the boat when it was docked -- just the outside. But they were all taken whilst activities were ongoing from within. If anybody has the time to take a glimpse -- and as had been reported here earlier -- a good time was had by all. And a safe one (which means a lot when a bunch of geezers our age get together and beer, ladders, and heights are involved).

BTW, I'm in the FINAL frames, when my friend insisted I take the helm for about 30 seconds. And I apologize in advance for any singing that may encroach upon the ear drum... it was unintentional... just kinda' came out, since they were playing the Sirius "Classic Vinyl" station the whole trip.

Videography is pretty awful, but it captures some of the good time we had.

Y'all have a great Tiu's Day, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 9th, 2014 at 09:30 AM.
Old December 9th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Darrell, You and me both. Got the phone call into LG and their CS peeps even screwed up the fault code I mentioned to them yesterday. They had it listed as F6 when I clearly told them it was E-7 "heating error". I also told them what I'd done and tested so the repair guy wouldn't waste time duplicating my work. Duhhhhh

Anyhoo, Richard will be here on Thors Day sometime between 1 and 4 pm, maybe? I sure hope so. I paid the flat rate fee including tax which came out to 187.00, so I hope like hell he has to replace EVERYTHING! Yeah, that's going overboard but it really frosts me that they won't give me the opportunity to fix it myself. The dang PCM boards are straight plug n play, just need to know the reference values to check on the pins. The transformer shows good continuity so it might also be a solenoid somewhere that's hidden somewhere? I hope like heck that I don't have any more issues with this thing again. Not like we put this oven through any stress so it really bugs me that it's not a simple fix.

Dan - ^^^ whut Jim sed. Oh, 36 meelyun and climbin....my son says he's glad he downloaded that game for me as it seems to fascinate me so much. LOL I'll say it for ya. Simple game for a simple mind...

John, zat yew wit no gray hairs??? Yew looks so jung! Eres wuchu shoulda bin doin on dat trip, kinda remeinds me of my yunger days. I call dibs on de babe in red suit....BTW Jim? Red dog makes an appearance in dis won at 1:45 (love dis ol song)
Old December 9th, 2014, 10:26 AM

Why would hav'in anything to contribute matter?
Well, ya know, comment, or quip or say hmmm, bitch about my washing machine, which just went down in mid cycle!!!! Dag nabit.
Old December 9th, 2014, 10:34 AM
CQR

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Well, ya know, comment, or quip or say hmmm, bitch about my washing machine, which just went down in mid cycle!!!! Dag nabit.

Thats the spirit!
Old December 9th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Was nice today while I was sleeping, then went steadily downhill. It's raining right now but I don't think it will last.

John looks like you guys had quite a time. That's a nice looking ship.

So more comes out about the Camaro. Remember when we took it to South Carolina? One of the things the guy did was replace front brakes. Hoses, shoes, cylinders, everything. He said the back ones were good for awhile. Tony had said the brakes felt a little spongy and I drove it and said the master was going bad. It wouldn't be too much longer before it would need replacing. So, when the car was at the shop yesterday, for reasons unknown to me he tells the mech that the brakes feel funny would he check it out. Of course dollar signs ring up in his eyes and says(I'm paraphrasing) yes everything your friend didn't replace needs replacing. So Tony says go ahead. I'm guessing they used a power bleeder, and even if they didn't, bleeding the brakes didn't help the master any. Everything would have been fine if he wouldn't have said anything. Oh and the guy tells him the parking brake cable is hooked up wrong. The last time the parking brake was messed with was when the PO built the car, but now Tony thinks it's the shop's fault. He's very short-sighted. I got tired of him not listening to me so now when he goes off on a tangent I just nod my head. Anyway I too was puzzled about the alignment, and I think the shop unknowingly dodged a bullet, because with the loose steering box Tony surely would have brought the car back saying the alignment was wrong.

So one of two tonight. Got another holiday to use Thursday. I'd go see my Mom but I wouldn't be able to pick the dogs up until Monday, and I don't want them to be stuck in their room all night when they were just stuck in jail. If it's nice I'll work on my wall. The lake is down about a foot and a half.

Okay off I go. Hope everyone has a good evening.
Old December 9th, 2014, 08:36 PM

https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...162937532.html Why doesn't evolution just take these types out? My god, how do they even survive five minutes on public roads?
Old December 9th, 2014, 09:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Dan, that's a common thing up here especially with folks who immigrate to our Country. Calgary's just a skip and jump away but we have those same peeps up here. Some of the worst and more aggressive drivers seem to favor using the high end import models to demonstrate their incompetence. If you think that was bad? You haven't lived yet son......

How's things working out with the washing machine? Are you one of those guys who calls is a warshing marchine?
Old December 9th, 2014, 09:47 PM

I think that the washer (no second "r") is dead, just bad timing, I'll debate as to what to spring for, probably something cheap. I really can't complain as I bought this Maytag around 1991, 1992.
Old December 10th, 2014, 04:08 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Dan thats a bummer. We liked our old Maytag set, (until I ruined it) but the new ones don't seem to work as well. There are a lot of times it doesn't spin. That lady on the X3 looks like she's a colorado transplant from Kalifornia.

Mike. Some people just ask for it. Sounds like the shop knows what to expect from him?? I wish I could say no more often to customers. Instead I just note it on the invoice. Problem is they don't show everyone they bad mouth me to the invoice.

John, I recognize that bridge. Looks like a fun boat ride. Also looks nice and warm. I just found out my high school friend that lives in Mandeville Is moving to china next year. That would be a switch

Wow Allan He sure was young in that vid. Makes me miss my mullet.

Darrell, Its the same test that Kali uses (or used) It's the IM240. And to be fair I think its sunk valve seats. It ides real rough (check engine light blinks) but cruising down the road it feels pretty good.

Well Found out the Statute the state guy was referring to was repealed and never really went into effect. Its his job to know that. and I think he's purposely lying thru his teeth to get revenue. Makes me want to sue him personally for everything he has.(actually would rather take him out back for a spell but that wouldn't be legal). It's just not right making people go thru that kind of worry and not be held responsible.

Well I have a busy day. Have a Wednesday all.
Old December 10th, 2014, 05:17 AM

Mawn'in all

John, Nice rig. De shoulda showed ya how to spin around a twin screw in close quarters

Clint, Dat's good news. De Gawga tax people are de closest thing to de Gestapo I've ever seen. Take over a business an haul everything out fer sale [cept what they haul home]

I spent a good deal of de last month Fiddle pharting around wit de city. I've come to a few conclusions. 1] Bureaucrats are morons 2] It's a complete waste of time to try to introduce "Reason" into de arena. 3] I'd be embarrassed to admit I werked fer de city/county/state.

Mike, Some people jes don't get it ..................and never will

De last washer I got from Lowe's sum body had put a small dent in it wit a fork lift [way down low] Got it fer a song

Allan, If ya want a cool over get an AGA 6/4

Scot, A member here whose a rock hound wanted a piece of Stone Mountain Granite. I'm gonna ship him a hunk. I hope does thief's stealing package off people's front porch don't get qa box of rocks

So Sandy, Hiw many Chita zombies de ya need?
Old December 10th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Captain Starfire

Mernin', all...

A chllier 37* dis mawnin'.... Not spose to sneak past 50 today. And yes, we lucked out with that weather last week; it was a real nice window, since we had been down to the 20s in November. Once the fog burned off the lake, it was glorious.

Clint, I think you're overdue for visiting your friend in Mandeville and hitting Jazz Fest. Hope you're hanging in there way over west.

Whelpt, nuttin' much going on today except I have to bring our #1 kittie to the vet this morning 'cause she has some crazy lump on the nape of her neck; I'm guessing they'll want to take it off, but it doesn't seem to bother her. She's about 12 and hopefully has has few lives left...

I think your observations re: Gov't types in Gawga apply to many other states, Jamesbo. Ain't got no lock on incompetence up yonder. I just got a tax bill from my parents' old house. You'd think that since the sale was almost 2 months ago -- and since ALL TAXES FOR THIS YEAR HAVE BEEN PAID -- they might get a clue to a clue.

How's things, Sandy?

Gee, thanks, Allan! But that cap hides the telltale hairline. I'd take a head full of steel gray's to a half head of brown. But hair is always greener on the other side of the part... or something like that. I know in the near future, I'm going for the Telly Savalas look. In any case, it's somewhat disconcerting to see yourself on film... but my overriding thought is how much I look like my youngest brother... almost shocking.

Y'all have a great humpity, Oldsmofriends.

Last edited by Bee-Oh-Pee; December 10th, 2014 at 06:14 AM.
Old December 10th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Had to use some earplugs last night as de creeps in de condos behind us were not quiet last night. I need some of them Georgia Gestaps to pay em a visit an zip em.

Nice day shaping up here, lots of melt out front is turning the snow pack to a slush fest.

Jim, wth is a AGA 6/4?

John, zo a hat is de secret to junger looking? I don't has a full crop enymore as de years has weeded out de weaker hairs from de flock. De missus sez I shud use some color to make me look,junger but I would onee be foolin myself. My junger brudder axshully looks way older den me. But my junger sister looks purty good still. I wonder why she duzzent has any gray? Prolly not enuff stress in her life. She's takin her fambly ta Cuba fer Krimmitz weeks dis year. I dint know y'all have ta pay an exit tax when y'all wants to leave der too.

Mike, walk away.

Clint, it's only illegal if ya get caught or he lives afterward. Hide the body and you're golden. I see nuuutthheeeenng! I understand your feelings 100%. The frustrating part is having your hands tied while incompetence continues to walk and wreak havoc.

Dan, we also have an LG washer/dryer team. The washer needed repair while it was under warranty but has been good otherwise for coming on 10 years now. The missus uses that HE detergent but it kind of leaves a "sour" smell in the laundry room when the machine is running. Once in awhile I run some afresh and bleach through it and it's ok. We went with this team because it's large capacity front load and energy star rated very high. The dryer has worked flawlessly.

Enjoy your day.
Old December 10th, 2014, 08:34 AM

Allan, I'm looking at GE and Whirlpool at the moment. I drilled holes in the bottom of my laundry basket so's the water would drain out when I put the soaking wet clothes in them. Gonna go to my brothers and use his washer to complete the cleaning and wring 'em out, then back home to dry.
Old December 10th, 2014, 08:45 AM

Front load washer

Originally Posted by Allan R
Morning everyone

Had to use some earplugs last night as de creeps in de condos behind us were not quiet last night. I need some of them Georgia Gestaps to pay em a visit an zip em.

Nice day shaping up here, lots of melt out front is turning the snow pack to a slush fest.

Jim, wth is a AGA 6/4?

John, zo a hat is de secret to junger looking? I don't has a full crop enymore as de years has weeded out de weaker hairs from de flock. De missus sez I shud use some color to make me look,junger but I would onee be foolin myself. My junger brudder axshully looks way older den me. But my junger sister looks purty good still. I wonder why she duzzent has any gray? Prolly not enuff stress in her life. She's takin her fambly ta Cuba fer Krimmitz weeks dis year. I dint know y'all have ta pay an exit tax when y'all wants to leave der too.

Mike, walk away.

Clint, it's only illegal if ya get caught or he lives afterward. Hide the body and you're golden. I see nuuutthheeeenng! I understand your feelings 100%. The frustrating part is having your hands tied while incompetence continues to walk and wreak havoc.

Dan, we also have an LG washer/dryer team. The washer needed repair while it was under warranty but has been good otherwise for coming on 10 years now. The missus uses that HE detergent but it kind of leaves a "sour" smell in the laundry room when the machine is running. Once in awhile I run some afresh and bleach through it and it's ok. We went with this team because it's large capacity front load and energy star rated very high. The dryer has worked flawlessly.

Enjoy your day.

Allan run some Tide washing machine cleaner thru the washing machine once a month & it will eliminate that smell. Also with a front load washing machine it is highly common to have this odor. Mine did & I solved it with $1 worth of Velcro that allows the washing machine door to stay open a few inches to allow air to circulate thru it when not in use. Since I have added the Velcro strip ventilation & started using the Tide washing machine cleaner our front load machine no longer has any odor.
Old December 10th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!!

Sorry to have been a stranger. Cold and cloudy here as is the norm! Temp at 30* now and falling today. Got some rain/snow mix coming down.

Had a nice weekend weather wise. Sunday we even saw some weak sun!! It was close to 50*.

I went and took Lin shopping Saturday. Had to rush through to get home in time for our Christmas dinner. I took some big wrapping paper I've had for years and decorated the outside of her apartment door. Put a long big red velvet ribbon in the middle of it.
They were having a contest this week for best decorated door in the building. She was sooo happy with it! It looms very pretty. Hope she wins one of the prizes.

Our dinner was nice. I enjoy talking to Clay's wife. I sat by her and we talked all night. I only had a drink and a half. This place was fancy!! Waiters in tuxedos... they had 8 of us crammed at a table for 6 though. Round tables. So there wasnt much room. The waiter spilled water down Steven's back once, lol. Then the waiter knocked Lorena's glass of water over and it spilled on her lap and my right leg! The food was good. Some had the lobster, I had steak. They brought desserts out on a tray and we picked what we wanted. The place was packed! Glad it's over for another year. This is not a fun bunch of people!

Got my little tree up and decorated. I am done decorating now! I'm going to go through my bags of boxes and put what I need boxed into them, and take the rest up to Lin cause she needs boxes for some of her gifts before she can wrap.

This weekend I'm going to start baking and get the fudge made. Thursday night is a get together at Bellacinos. I'm looking forward to it! Got a call from a cruiser friend Monday telling me that one of our other cruiser friends died from a massive heart attack about 2 weeks ago. I didn't know about it or I would have gone to his funeral. He was a nice guy. Had a beautiful orange and white Cobra. He will be missed!

I finally got a surgery date!! January 7th. I was so hoping to get it in this year. I'm praying they don't up our deductible and out of pocket expense any next year. It's depressing enough to know that I have to start my new year off paying the Cleveland Clinic! I'm responsible for that first $1500.00 which is my deductible. Then I'm responsible for 20% until I hit the $4000 out of pocket! Those numbers are bad enough. Hope they don't raise them.....

Went to the lung doc yesterday. I told him I stopped using the Symbicort inhaled last week so I wouldn't be clearing my throat all the time. He gave me a script for another inhaler, Dulera. Never heard of it but I'll try it. So I have to take the script down to Giant Eagle at noon and drop it off. He scheduled me for a sleep study on Dec. 23rd. Don't know why he's so concerned about my night time breathing. I just want to breathe in the humidity lol! He had mentioned doing further lung tests last month, but yesterday he was focused on the apnea and didn't even mention the tests! If there's something wrong with my lungs, I'm not going to be breathing good at night, duh!! I woke up Saturday with my nose all congested and it still is. I have a little tickling cough now too. It sucks.

Sooooo.... yesterday morning I pull in the parking lot out here, Steve isn't here yet, Brian is parked in his usual space. I always park by Steve unless our neighbor beats me. I pull in where I think I should be, giving Steve plenty of room like he likes. I shut off Tincanio and look up and Brian is standing in our doorway making pointing signs at me to move over to the right more! I throw up my hands and mouth "what difference does it make"? He keeps pointing. I really want to run over him..... so I started Tincanio up, backed up and pulled closer to the right! Good God!!!!! Now he's friggin controlling how we park! Never in my life have I seen anyone as **** and control freakish as he is! I really wanted to tell him I'm not one of his kids and to stop trying to control us when I came in, but I heard Joel telling me not to "let that co worker steal your joy". So I just said morning. I tried not to talk to him all day. What an ***!

He's in his glory now.... working on getting things set up for the office expansion. He was just on the phone with the IT Dept. In Houston talking about the wiring and the server and such and where it would go back there. He needs the printer close by him because of the neuropathy in his feet and how they hurt if he has to be on them much. Well ya know what? I have it also!!!! But it's all about him. He was telling those IT people "my office" and all that. Made me want to puke! He's going to be sooooo busy with handling this remodel to HIS specifications ...... Clay and I will both be leaving if they decide to make him manager when Steve retires. I will not work for him. He wants it all, he can have it! Enough rant... my joy is ebbing away.

Jamesbo.... I haven't seen those Chia pets? But I haven't been in any drug stores lately either. That's where I've seen them before. How much are they? I'd like to have 3.

Well its lunch time so I better go. Gotta run out. Have a great day all!