The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2014, 07:35 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Sunny and nice here today. Cold morning at 33* but warmed up to 60*. Chilly wind though.

Good to be back at work today! It was slow and quiet though. I went through all the emails I had and got rid of a bunch. Nice leaving at noon. I didn't turn on my fan.... it was ok even with Steve's friggin heater blasting. I put on my skort and sandals when I got there. It hurts my incisions to change clothes all the time, but I gotta do it. Getting up and down out of the chair all morning wasn't fun.

Went to see Dr. Rehmus this afternoon. Got a flu shot I didn't want. Man does it make my arm hurt! She looked at my new *****, asked a ton of questions, listened to my heart and lungs, said she likes my hair, and said she wants a copy of the operative report. That was it! See her again in 3 mos.

I have to schedule a bone scan for my regular doc. She wants to make sure there's no cancer gnawing away. So I will call tomorrow. At least that's here in Twinsburg.

I called Windstream today.... I can't get rid of the home phone. Internet needs the line. I did drop the plan to just internet. We can still receive calls in on the phone, but it's 10 cents a minute if we call out. I said we haven't called out on this phone for probably 7 or 8 years! They dropped the bill from $80 to $67. I get 2 mos free service, except for the taxes. I'll get a bill for around $14 for those. So I guess I'm saving a little money. There's something wrong with the phone line or something. For like the last week, the phone will just start to ring and disconnect. I called it from my cell phone, and all I hear is like a clicking, the home phone doesn't ring and the answering machine doesn't come on. Nothing. I asked the girl today if it was disconnected and she said no. So we went and bought a cheap phone tonight thinking our phone just died, but the new one does the same thing! The internet works good, so I don't think it's in the jack. I'll call for service tomorrow and see when they can get someone out here. Hopefully it will be in a line outside so I don't have to pay for it! First time I've ever had problems with it.

Gotta go vote tomorrow night. Be glad when that is over with!

Well I guess I'll get off here. My body is still on fast time and I'm tired. Have a good night all.
Old November 4th, 2014, 03:55 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan, Thats clever.

Mike hope work ends a little early for you.

Sandy, I'm glad work went well. hope it continues.

Everything froze here last night. not real hard but enough to make the grass crunchy when I went out to feed at 4.

Darrell, Enjoy the kids. I wish I could spend the day with mine.

Have a day all.
Old November 4th, 2014, 05:24 AM

Mawn'in all

A mite chili but no rain [yet]

Played Ok on de front side 44 but fell apart on de back 9

Sandy, Glad ya got back to werk.

I'm a few pound lighter dis mawn'in. Most of my a$$ got chewed off. When I figger out why de Super model is hav'in a bad hair day, I'll let cha know.

Mike, I'm gonna go hide at de Awful House til she goes to werk. Maybe I'll see ya there.

Allan, I've said it before I REALLY don't see how y'all stand de cold like dat. When it get's below 40 I'm miserable.
Old November 4th, 2014, 06:51 AM
Captain Starfire

Mornin', boys & girl

Decided to stay in the hills for an extra few days to get the decks and railings done; just had to shift a few app's home. Not quite as cool here as it were over weekend. Yep, Jamesbo, we did have some white stuff on the exposed parts of the decks.
Had a full day of painting yesterday! Today will be the same, as well as manana, if my plans go as expected.
Will take a few pic's after the master painter is done .
Whelpt, I'm at the public li-berry now, on accouta I got no mo 'puter -- better half had to take it! So y'all stay warm until we meet again....
Have a great week, Oldsmofriends.
Old November 4th, 2014, 07:08 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Pleasant and cool 37 here. Spoda warm a lot as the week goes on.

Jim, I'd post,the clip from Beverly Hills Cop about having your **** chewed off, but it has too many fbombs in it. Hmmm, you might need a phone book or pillow to sit on if that keeps up. Mebbee you need to get her dat tag ya posted a couple daze ago.

Cint, Spoda be another polar vortex heading down this year - again.

John, have fun being the master painter.

Mike, you get your gas turned back on?

Don't forget to go out and vote today. Time fer a kuppa koffee. Enjoy your day.
Old November 4th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Got home a couple hours early this morning and hit the sack. Told the dogs to wake me up at noon. They did, and I sent them away, until 130. So now I have a couple errands to run and then I'll start up the wood burning stove to warm it up in here.

Just got off the phone with the gas people. They will be out on Friday to get everything going. So as long as I'm off most of the days this week I'll keep it warm in here with the stove and the space heaters. Jamesbo you are good to 40*? I don't like when it gets below 70.

John hope your painting is a success. I may fire up the paint brush this week and continue on my inside painting projects.

Sandy take it easy at work. Glad your reception was "less" than you expected. Don't worry, things will be back to normal in no time.

Nice here, almost 60. Not sure when the rain is coming down here but I wouldn't mind if it forgot to stop in.

Darrell kiss the pup on the nose for me.

Be good everyone.
Old November 4th, 2014, 07:47 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Nice day here today! Temp got up to 66* this afternoon, morning was around 50. Had mostly sun until around 4:00 and it clouded up and rain came about an hour or so later.

Long boring morning at work.... glad I'm getting out early!! I did have to turn on the fan this morning. Steve's heater was putting it out, and it was 76* in our office. Too hot. Brian watered all my plants for me while I was out. Didn't kill any! He did not fill up the yogurt containers I have hidden around that I fill up with water to try to keep some moisture in that dry air in there. I filled them all back up today.

My arm still hurts from that flu shot......

I notice since I'm sitting more now, that my skort is digging into my abdomen like waistbands usually do when you sit. My scars are sore. I don't like it!! I guess I need to invest in some dresses so there is nothing with any kind of pressure pushing against my abdomen. Damn. Haven't worn dresses in years! I used to really like them. Especially sun dresses in the summer. If I could go in wearing a night gown right now I'd be happy, lol. Very comfy!

I went out to the Streetsboro Wal-Mart after work today. Got Nicole a cute Owl wax burner for Christmas that she was looking at when she was here. Got home and called Windstream and they started a ticket for the phone repair. I really hope it's outside the house. I had Lin call it today and call me back on my cell to tell me what she got or heard when she called. Said it rang once and silence. It didn't ring here inside at all. So I don't know. We have a dial tone but I haven't tried to call out on it. Hopefully someone will call me tomorrow.

I took Teepo out for a nice jaunt! Got a few thumbs up. She likes that, lol. Topped off the tank with gas and added the Stabil. Spent a few hours out in the garage starting to clean her. It hurts to lean over the fenders to get in the engine compartment. I got tired and came in around 6:30. I haven't been able to clean her good since August!

Then I went down and voted. I'm liking some of the results I'm seeing on TV right now. Time for a change...... I'm hoping the Summit county tax increase failed. I haven't seen anything on that one yet.

Guess I'll work on Teepo some more tomorrow when I get home. It's supposed to be 56* and sunny. If it's not windy I'll leave the garage door open. I just want to go to sleep around 5:00 cause it's getting dark. Gotta have something to do to stay awake.

Mike.... I don't understand why you have to call the gas company and get your gas turned on every year? Doesn't it stay on year round like ours?? Maybe Gawja is different, I don't know. I'd have done froze, lol. Our thermostat has been set at 69* since we turned it on the first weekend of Oct. It gets down to 68 and kicks on, then warms up to 71 and kicks off. Of course on the nice days I've been opening the living room door so the sun shines in and warms it up in here and I turn the thermostat way down until it gets cool in the evening. Last gas bill was only $45. That will change soon...

Well time for me to get ready for bed, so you all have a great evening.
Old November 5th, 2014, 03:48 AM
CQR

Mornin all

Praise the L----- Oops. Can't do that in here. But thankfully we are done with election ads now.

I see Sandy is keeping the gas company in fat city. You would hate my house. I finally turned on the furnace when it got down to 51F in here. It will crank up to 66 and then drop to 61 when we are gone or sleeping.

Mike, does the new property have a house on it? will you be moving there? or is it just a barn for storing stuff?

Allan, It won't surprise me after this summer. its been real wonky this year and I don't suppose winter will be normal. I've almost gotten the plow on the 'new' Yota. So hopefully I'll be ready.

Jamesbo, Too much halftime Cheer? I was informed that the missus may be starting her 'life change' last night. I'm not looking forward to the next 10 years of that or however long that takes. Man those things sure are powerful ain't they? They seem to influence our life in one way or another from about the age of 13 on.

Well, now that the shop doesn't have a 70 vert, or an Allante, we just have to get rid of this 260 and I won't have anything special to worry about getting snowed on. I did an oil pump, rod, and main bearings in a 23 T-bucket yesterday. I'm surprised. It's an early 60's vette 327 and has standard size bearings.

Well have a day all.
Old November 5th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Looks like it's gonna be a nice day. I haven't worked on the V8 Corvair for awhile, so I might give it a look today. Talk about over my head, I have no idea where to start with this guy.

Had the wood stove going last night, first time for the season. Got it up to 80 in here, man was that nice.

Sandy I don't have to have the gas turned off, in fact most people have it on all year round. Of course most people have gas appliances and need it. I only have a gas furnace, and the rest of the house is electric, so there's no need to pay a $40 gas bill all summer. That's all fees, by the way, and it shows on the bill gas usage 0, customer service fee 9.95, pass through fee 35.95(it's probably more), misc fee $xx whatever they feel like charging. It's nonsensical. I also found out that since I signed up for the gas through my electric company, they waive the connection fee.

Clint there's no house on this property. The place is at a small community airport and there's a "hangar" that is really nothing more than a pole barn. It's a nice place for a house and I might build one day, but for now it will just be my storage area and workshop.

And now time for the Awful house. My neighbor wants to go to breakfast this morning, but that won't be until after 11. My oatmeal will have long worn off by then. Have a good day everyone. Happy Birthday Dan. Hope your day is a success.
Old November 5th, 2014, 05:26 AM

Mawn'in all

Chili down ere and feels like it might rain.

Clint, No comment, I'm not say'in nutt'in 'bout nutt'in. Dat's my new policy, no one listens anywho so why waste my breath.

So glad de election is over and we can get back to something more pleasant dan political adds. Geeze Louise talk 'bout kick' in a dead horse. No dare's more rooom fer starv'in children and starv'in animals adds.

Welp Have a great day Olds friends and don't drive like my brother
Old November 5th, 2014, 06:52 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone.
Clint, hope I'm wrong. I didn't really enjoy it much either. I guess that applies to weather and the change...bought some new wipers for the Sonata and the durn things don't have adapters for the hooks on the arms. Can't believe how expensive those things are. I laughed at the counter guy when he asked what engine. Really? For wipers? He also didn't know what brand Sonata belongs to.

Jim, wutchu mean dat no one lissens? Wimmen got filters on der ears an onee hears what dey want.

Mike, how big is that property? For something with just a pole barn it shouldn't be all that expensive. You'll also have to run all your utilities when you decide to build. You got a CSM a for your Corvair? That's a good start point to learn about it.

Dan, why you having another BD? Didn't the one last year take? HBD!!

Koffee time, so enjoy your day.
Old November 5th, 2014, 08:26 AM

Well, uhgg, I'm here, age slowing me down, rusting my joints? perhaps, but really, I still think that old age is for old farts, so no matter what, it's for the "other guy", even though I'm "gasp!" one year older than Allan, and he ain't old!! Thanks for the BD wishes.
Old November 5th, 2014, 09:20 AM
Just an Olds Guy

WTH?? You're 102????
Old November 5th, 2014, 09:45 AM
Always room for one more

Allan I think I have every Corvair maintenance manual known to man, but this is a custom job, mid engine V8, big car Powerglide. It's an unfinished project I bought off a friend of mine. It needs everything but will be a blast to drive when it's finally done.

Got a call into the realtor. I think we've come to the point where nothing else will be accomplished and it's still a good deal for me so I'm going to take it. The property is 2 level acres and I'd say the pole barn is about 1200sq ft.

Dan you gonna whoop it up today?
Old November 5th, 2014, 10:10 AM

WTH?? You're 102????
Why yes I am, and I still have my drivers license!!!
Old November 5th, 2014, 01:48 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by slantflat
I think I have every Corvair maintenance manual known to man, but this is a custom job, mid engine V8, big car Powerglide. It's an unfinished project I bought off a friend of mine. It needs everything but will be a blast to drive when it's finally done.
Okee dokee. Time to find the wrenches and BFH's. Good luck with the project. What V8? (likely a SBC 350)? I recognize the 'powerglide' trans as a 2 speed that was in most chebbies back in the day. Olds was known as the Jetaway.

You know darn well that a 1200 sq ft pole barn won't cut the muster. It'll need expanding to around 12,000 sq ft! Game on son!!

Originally Posted by 1969w3155
Why yes I am, and I still have my drivers license!!!
...and apparently your sense of humor still survives as well.
Old November 5th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening all!

Another nice day here, cooler than yesterday but sunny.

Got up to 76* at work today. I turned on the fan. I couldn't breathe. Kept sniffing all morning like my nose was plugged or something. When I finally sneezed cause of all the sniffing and the sneeze hurt like crazy, the fan went on! No more sniffing with circulating air.

A Windstream tech called me this morning and said he would come to the house and check outside for line problems. He called the house phone and got 1 ring and then nothing. He also said my internet wasn't running as fast as it should be, either. Told him I didn't notice any problems with it. Anyhow, he called me back a couple hours later and said he couldn't find any problems, but he cleaned the filter (I don't even know where this stuff is outside) and everything is working like it should! He called the phone and it actually rang 4 times and he got the answering machine. So all is good with the phone now!

I took Teepo out again. She liked it!! It was too nice not to get her out. We're only supposed to be in the 30's next week and some areas will have 'shovelable' amounts of snow.... so we went cruisin. I finished cleaning her on the outside this evening. Washed her top and put vinyl conditioner on it. Now I just have to vacuum her out and wipe the dust off inside and she'll be ready to store. Gotta get some Bounce to put in her cause I'm out.

I go see the plastic surgeon tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully he'll tell me when my next surgery will be. Hope he tells me I can soak in the tub again! I'm not a shower person, lol.

Mike... thanks for explaining. Our gas bill in the summer is only around $20. Our hot water heater is gas.

Clint... Yeah, I wouldn't have been happy being that cold, lol! I feel bad for your wife. And for you too, lol! It's not an easy thing to go through. I didn't really get all that bad when I went through it. No major hot flashes or anything like I'd heard about. I think I was like 44 or 45. They said my previous chemo threw me into it early. I don't know. Don't let her take estrogen, no matter how bad she feels! It causes cancer, and those chances increase after menopause. It will run its course without taking estrogen. I don't like being on this hormone blocker to stop my estrogen, but cancer feeds on it. So.... I'd rather have my body doing what it's naturally supposed to do, but I can't.

My niece Diane, Jean's daughter, just found out she has 2 'suspicious lumps' in one of her breasts. Mammogram showed one about a month ago, and she said her doctor wanted to do more tests and scans. I told her don't fool around doing that, tell them you want a biopsy done right now!!! And if they didn't like it, go get a second opinion. Well she waited to go somewhere else and Jean called me tonight and said this new doctor said her mammogram is showing two now! I pray it's not cancer. I can't think about it.

Well I'm watching the CMA awards so I'll talk to you tomorrow! Have a good night.

Last edited by cutlassgal; November 5th, 2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old November 6th, 2014, 04:24 AM
CQR

Mornin all

Sandy, I hope the lumps are nothing. Thanks for the words of advice. I'm not sure if its really here or not, nut she is not looking forward to it.(neither am I)

Wow, Jamesbo, That sounds like it was a 3rd degree reaming. Well, if it makes you feel better, I didn't think that what you did was soo bad.

Mike, Would you be allowed to build on an airport? Is it still active?

I'm amazed to see how cheap land is in other parts of the world. It's just crazy around here.

Moon sure was bright this morning. Chilly too.

Have a Thursday all.
Old November 6th, 2014, 05:23 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Looks like a nice day out but it spits rain every now and then. I hope it doesn't get more serious than that.

My neighbor's son's dog had been back again all week. Man I gotta get that fence built. What a pain in the rear. Yesterday he just stood in the back and barked, and my dogs were inside. The son said he can't take him to the kennel because he gets depressed. I call BS on that he's just too cheep. So he brings it to his mother's house and annoys the neighbor.

Clint this is a fly-in community. Not sure how long the runway is but it's paved, and there are several houses that have planes parked outside them. Lots of houses have hangars. Funny to see signs on the road that say, watch out for aircraft.

Prayers for your niece, Sandy. Whatever it is I hope it's early and can be taken care of completely.

Allan you're right. It's a 350 with camel hump heads. Not sure what that means exactly, that's just what I was told the engine has. The engine has been rebuilt and not fired yet, this is probably a 20 year old project. The one problem the Powerglide is going to cause, is it puts the motor a little farther forward than a 4 speed would, which leaves precious little room for a driver any bigger than Tattoo. What gets me is the guy whom I bought this off of is over 6ft and weighs in about 300. There's no way he could have driven this car.

Time to get moving. Hope everyone has a good Thursday.
Old November 6th, 2014, 05:39 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Morning everyone

Dats it. Enjoy yer day.
Old November 6th, 2014, 06:17 AM

Mawn'in all

Originally Posted by Allan R
Morning everyone

Dats it. Enjoy yer day.

Allan, your brevity has me curious. Ever thing OK?

Well, as families do [wait til de last minute and fight like cats and dogs] A family was on de way up here yesterday and de 2 sisters started scratching each othere's eyes out so de son in law in coming dis mawn'in by his self.

Welp GTG. Have a great day Olds friends
Old November 6th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Just an Olds Guy

No
Old November 6th, 2014, 07:47 AM

Well PM me if I can help for a few miles away
Old November 6th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Always room for one more

Same here, Allan.
Old November 6th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Ditto Allan...
Old November 6th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Chilly and rainy today, temps in the 40's and no sun at all.

Long boring morning at work. I'm almost finished with Steve's filing. Don't know what I'll do after that.... I guess Steve was told again at the golf outing in Sept. to hire someone. Of course he's not even trying. He was also told to bring in a temp to help while I was out. That didn't happen either! Brian was filling me in yesterday. Steve's just waiting to retire next year, then it becomes someone elses problem.

Brian got irritated today (there's a surprise, lol). Clay was in Steve's area talking to him, Steve had his noisy rattly heater blastin, and I had my quiet fan on. The girl in NY called - and you can't hardly hear her when it's dead quiet in there - so Brian was talking to her and he said "hold on a minute, I can't hear you. Clay's talking, Steve's heater is on, the fan is on." He gets up and shuts the door between our space and Steves, lol. He could have turned up the volume on his phone like the rest of us do..... I thought it was funny!!

So I saw the surgeon this afternoon. He said I look great. He told me to be rubbing underneath my right boob, rub my sore thigh, rub my abdomen... I told him I can't be rubbing myself all the time! He had a student in with him today. A nice young man. He told us what he's going to be doing my next surgery. Clipping the dog ears, taking something out of my abdomen where it's swelled up, fixing the right boob, etc... All done outpatient. I hope!

He said he sent a pre cert thing to Cigna about 3 weeks ago to get approval to do these adjustment surgeries, but he hasn't heard anything. So he told me to call them and make sure they got it. I tried this afternoon but their computers were down. I'll try again tomorrow. I want to get this stuff done!

My niece Tina has to have a hysterectomy, she told me today. She has all sorts of fibrous tumors she said. So she's scheduled for Dec. 19th. Diane has her biopsy on the 17th of this month. Thanks for the prayers. We need them!

Everyone gets older and crap starts happening....

AllanR... Hope things work out for you, whatever is going on.

Larry went to bed at 8:30 tonight. I wanted to go when we got home from the clinic at 5:00, lol. Dark and rainy out, seemed like it was 8:00 already. I hate this slow time. It's so stupid! I've stayed awake somehow so far. Listened to some Joel Osteen sermons on my satellite radio. He has a station now. I love to listen to him. I find him very inspiring and comforting. I try to listen each day. He really lifts my spirits! I record him on TV too. I've felt so much better since I've started listening to him regularly. Can't watch him when Larry is around though, or I have to listen to his derogatory remarks. He just can't believe someone is actually happy in their life, smiling, doing something they love, helping others, etc... I'd just as soon not hear him cut Joel down. Just cause he's not a happy person doesn't mean others shouldn't be or can't be. Jean and Linda love Joel too.

Well I guess I'll get off here and get up and move around awhile. Have a good evening all.
Old November 7th, 2014, 04:06 AM

Mawn'in all

Spose to have a kill'in frost tonite

Allan, I hope whatever it is either 1] goes away or 2] get's better
Old November 7th, 2014, 04:13 AM
CQR

Mornin all.

Allan, I hope things work out. LMK if you need to vent. You are in my thoughts.

Sandy. I've never listened to him. But I guess that should not be too much of a surprise as I'm not the religious type.

Mike that's pretty kewl. Hopefully the runway isn't the main street in and out of the place. Does the place have utilities?

Jamesbo, Thats gotta be tough. Everyones emotions are peaked anyhow, I can see it getting ugly often. It's probably a lot easier to deal with the actual tenants, than the family.

Well the BOE and the union are back at it again. The union got their clock cleaned at the election and they are madder than a wet hen.

Have a Great Friday all.
Old November 7th, 2014, 04:42 AM

Clint,

It's usually one extreme or de utter. A super nice guy comes way down from de mountains to sit by his wife's gave at least once a week and every year he brings me a jar of home made apple butter. Jes got my jar yesterday on de front porch.

I collect Toys fer Tots at Christmas and he always fills up a whole 4'x4' box by him self.
Old November 7th, 2014, 07:58 AM

Allan, I hope that things are ok on your end. Jamesbo, sounds like a decent man.
I collect Toys fer Tots at Christmas and he always fills up a whole 4'x4' box by him self
Old November 7th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Nice day, if not a bit cold. I don't like the sounds of frost tonight.

So yesterday I spent almost three hours at the credit union trying to get my financing in place for the property. Since there's actually a structure on it I can't get a land loan, and they won't do a regular mortgage on it because there's no house. So I'm going to borrow against a car that I own, one that they had a lien on some time ago. Trouble is, when I paid off the loan they didn't send me the title; they lost it. Now they are giving me grief for not having a title. This will push closing back at least a couple weeks and also puts my earnest money in jeopardy since closing will be after due diligence ends.

Clint the utilities are at the street and I'll have to have them run in to the building. The runway is off to the side of the neighborhood, so the streets are only taxiways. I've been in the neighborhood numerous times and I've never seen a plane taxiing.

Allan hope things are okay. Let us know, eh?

Sandy I used to listen to Charles Stanley. He's not quite as easy to listen to. One day he said something that offended me(and I don't even remember what it was) and then I stopped listening to him. Once in a while now if I hear him I'll stay on the station. A friend of mine listens to him all the time, and I told her if she came to visit me I'd go to Charles Stanley's church with her and listen to him preach. His church is in Decatur which is about an hour from me.

So work tonight. No rain but I know it will be cold. Oh, Jamesbo's previous frost warning. I didn't get squat done these days off. Spent most of it with my neighbor. For I don't know how long he wouldn't leave the house, complained of not feeling good, but now he's wanting to get out and go places, work on his car, I'm glad to see it.

Okay gonna run a few places then get ready for Night #1. See ya's all later.
Old November 7th, 2014, 10:38 AM

Mike, Splain de situtation to de seller and ammend de contact to reflect a longer 'drop dead" day so your earnest money won't go hard [be at risk] til ya sort things out. It [de contract] is subject to financing???
Old November 7th, 2014, 03:06 PM
Always room for one more

Jamesbo this is going to be a cash sale, as I'm getting my financing through other means. All is not lost, I got everything worked out this afternoon and it will be done on Monday, and closing will be the 20th. I felt pretty good about that.

Also got my gas turned on this afternoon. I'm sure the dogs will appreciate that as well, though they didn't seem too concerned about the coolish temps in the house this week.

Ready to hit the road. I was thinking, maybe the weekend will be fairly light, and next week as well since there's a holiday right in the middle of the work week. And Thanksgiving is coming up. People won't be flying for business so much. Don't know what tonight has in store, but I'll find out soon enough.

Well have a good night and a good weekend everyone.
Old November 7th, 2014, 05:42 PM

Sandy no bounce in my car!

Sandy, I'm not very impressed on the bounce thing for mouse repellent. Here is what I found in my air cleaner a couple years ago...Yep a mouse nest of bounce dryer sheets, admittedly they had been through the dryer first but it was enough that I don't bother doing that anymore....Tedd
Old November 7th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Umm...they are not supposed to be used sheets....
Old November 7th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Just an Olds Guy

A short note

Thank you everyone. While I appreciate your reach outs, this is a significant personal/private matter which I prefer not to vent about or discuss over the web. Please excuse me if I seem abrupt or insensitive, that's not my intent as I know you all are genuine in your offers. Really, there's nothing any of you can do in this situation.

Life goes on and I hope there will be sunshine again soon.
Old November 7th, 2014, 08:35 PM
Cutlass Lover

Evening All!

Cold and cloudy today, temps in the 30's. Had some ice pellets this morning and around noon. Not much, but enough to show what's coming eventually. Going to be a chilly wet weekend, Monday looks nice, then the cold comes next week. Lake effect snow on Thursday. Yippie.....

Came home this afternoon and called Cigna. Of course they did not get the pre cert form that the surgeon faxed, or so they say. So I called the clinic and talked to the docs office girl and told her what they said. She said she faxed the request to Cigna on Oct. 10th, and she would fax it again after we talked. She told me to call Cigna next Wednesday and tell them what she told me, and make sure they got the request. I want to get done whatever I can get done this year before the insurance starts all over!! They're probably tired of paying, lol.

I ran the sweeper and changed the furnace filter. Listened to Joel until Larry came home, then we went to Paninis and ate, then went and did our shopping. I've started buying food items for the 'poor boxes' I put together for Christmas gifts for the family members. I bought some candy for the stockings. They actually had Christmas music playing in Wal-Mart tonight. Too early...

We were home by 8:30 for a change, which was nice. I'm tired.

We bought our turkey tonight. Steve will reimburse me for it. Jean said she will join us, weather permitting, so there will be 6 of us.

Mike.... I don't know who Charles Stanley is? I've never heard of him. Glad you got some heat going now.

I've never seen any mice around the garage - especially with having the cat, but I still put the Bounce in Teepo. I haven't seen any evidence of mice in or around her. I'll probably move her to the back garage Sunday or Monday when it's going to be dry and sunny. I felt so crappy this year, the car season just flew by. We only did 17 shows, got 10 awards. Last year was 27 shows, 17 awards.

I'm going to move the bookshelf I have with my awards on it back into Nicoles room one of these days. I crammed it into the spare room when she moved back in. It's full.... I don't know where to put any more! I have my 4 ft. Best of Show trophy in her room in one of the corners. I love that trophy!

I'm taking Lin shopping tomorrow so there goes my whole day pretty much. I want to stop by the car wash in Ravenna and spray clear coat underneath Tincanio before they put that nasty crap down on the roads.

They still haven't fixed the street light out here. It was on after 10 pm the other night. Maybe it has a short in it or something.

Well I better get to bed, I'm tired. Talk to ya later!!

Last edited by cutlassgal; November 7th, 2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old November 8th, 2014, 03:55 AM

Mawn'in

From de chili mountains

Allan, What ever it is, I'm gonna say sum incantations over a candle fer ya

GTG de )()&)*__&(^)(&_*)( smoke alarm battery is low and it's driv'in me to drink [and it's waaaaaaaaaaaay to early]

Need to go fetch a ladder and fix de thing
Old November 8th, 2014, 03:58 AM
CQR

Good Mornin all.

Sandy, I have noticed mice droppings in the beer fridge the past few days. I have 2 traps set and they go untouched. We seem to have most of them taken care of in the horse barn but still keep the traps set.

Allan, My thoughts are with you. Hope things look up soon.

Tedd, We have a bad problem with Wood Rats (Packrats) around here, and bounce sheets do work but don't work near as well as mothballs. Sammy is right once they have gone thru the dryer cycle they aren't worth much for repelling anything.

Mike sounds like a great place. can't wait to see it. Is it heavily wooded? I picture in my head a large open space but I'm not sure you guys have many of those out there.

Jamesbo. It's men like him that give me faith in humanity.Thank goodness there are a few left.

Ever seen anything as goofy as this?

Have a day all.
Old November 8th, 2014, 08:11 AM

Welp de frigg'in smoke alarm is fixed. Fer reasons I don't fully understand sum of dem are hard wired and sum have batteries. Go figure

Mike, I take it dat de pole barn was once a hanger Right?

Well, de Super model is beg'in weekend 2 of help'in "De Prince " an his squeeze move in thar new digs. Course he's gone deer hunt'in